Friends Chat June 15th-22 *DONE HERE* - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 133 Old 06-21-2004, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Girls,
Just got in from my appointment. All went fine. Described some of my symptoms last week and she didn't really seem alarmed at all. BP is great, baby's HB is great. Measuring fine. Whew! I wasn't too worried after the cramping and light swelling got better, but it was a good thing that I had an appointment today.

When I see my docs, although they are fine (just fine), how I WISH we could have afforded the midwife route. I'm not going to bore you all with my feelings when I leave the office (which I whine about on here a lot anyway), but I just KNOW things have to be different elsewhere.

Foxy-I will make sure DH brings me back a small token of his trip! In fact, I've already reminded him that there's this great bath/body shop that has some stores in London and a small treat from there would be much appreciated.

Kim- to hear that your stats were good today, but sorry abotu the gall bladder. Why do we need that organ again??? I know, I know, but it's just one of those organs that seems to give a lot of people trouble...

Mealy-Do the ctx let up at all? My doc just said today that if they don't let up, or follow a rhythmic pattern-than that would be the cause for alarm.

Anyway, realized that I write so much on here...Novels, really. Let me know how you're all doing.

I feel the need to kick things into high gear, but I know I need to actually slow it down!
#122 of 133 Old 06-21-2004, 06:23 PM

mealymama - I started having reagular (as in every 3 min) contractions with Ds starting at 26 weeks. Obviously it was treated as premature labor and I was put on bedrest. However, 12 weeks later all those contractions had only dialated me a total of about 2 cm. Maybe 3, I don't remember.

LOL - girlfactory, I JUST realized that you own FMBG! I just bought my first one! I wanted to buy SO many more! I bet after I get it I won't be able to help myself though You must have a good stash going for your babe on the way

Yesterday for me was a TERRIBLE day! The worst thing that happened was I accidently washed (and ruined) Dh's brand new week old cell phone. It was free, but now the new one is going to cost $200! That's a big hit for us. We do have extra money, but we've been saving it to buy a second car. Oh well, we're $200 furthur away now. It was just one of those days where everything goes wrong. 2 other examples - DS got into my makeup (which I never wear) and tore apart my eyeshadow all over the living room carpet. Of course DH didn't notice. I had lots of fun scrubbing all that out! Then I got to scrub our bedroom carpet b/c Dh and Ds were eating chocalate chip cookies in our room and DS managed to somehow smash chocolate all over into the carpet and even got clumps on the wall. I was taking a shower, came out, and got a lovely surprise

Well, anyway, ladies. I am very sorry to hear about the problems some of you are having. Being sick/having pain/having BH and prgnancy worries are never fun. Also, frognladybugmama - how is your MIL doing?

SOmeone asked how long DH will be gone - just over a week. The problem I have is that he is going to another country that is very dangerous right now (and he's even recieving imminent danger pay for going) and he won't even be able to call me. I *know* he'll be fine, but I still worry.

*edited to add* Bears - I lived in England for 4 years and could make some good gift suggustions. If you like lavender, English lavender is wonderful! There are a lot of different products there actually made from real lavender. If you like chocolate have him bring you some British chocolate, it has a different taste that I like
#123 of 133 Old 06-21-2004, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena_girl
*edited to add* Bears - I lived in England for 4 years and could make some good gift suggustions. If you like lavender, English lavender is wonderful! There are a lot of different products there actually made from real lavender. If you like chocolate have him bring you some British chocolate, it has a different taste that I like

I miss Sunblest bread. Made the best pb&j sammiches. SInce I have changed my bread habits over the past 10 years I probably won't like it anymore, but I LOVED it. And being within walking distance of everything.

I wish I had gotten some Welsh love spoons while we were there, but we were broke.
#124 of 133 Old 06-21-2004, 07:51 PM

Lena-Thanks! My DH has been a bunch of times, but I've only been once. On that trip we packed our suitcases with good chocolate and some bath products from Lush (do you know them? I think they are originally Canadien but there a few stores in London). Also, I love all the smaller stores and their goods, too-body stuff at Neals Yard, etc. I wish we had enough disposable income for him to come home with a suitcase just for me!!!
#125 of 133 Old 06-21-2004, 07:53 PM

Oh, and Lena-how insensitive of me to get caught up with our London discussion and not give you the you need for your DH's trip. Please remind me again when he's going exactly.
#126 of 133 Old 06-21-2004, 08:23 PM

hi all,

we just had another appointment this past saturday. i am almost 32 weeks now. time is really going by fast. only one more whole month before our third child arrives.

some of you may remember me posting about my midwife might be trying to back out of coming to my home for the birth. well, she said she will still come here. but i am still interested in doing an unassisted. i plan to keep having appointments and what not. i will wait and see how it all goes.

i just wanted to check in.
#127 of 133 Old 06-21-2004, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsmama
Oh, and Lena-how insensitive of me to get caught up with our London discussion and not give you the you need for your DH's trip. Please remind me again when he's going exactly.
LOL, I'd be excited to get stuff from London too! My Dh left today. Don't worry, I'm used to him going on trips, and he has been to imminent danger zones before, but I've never been 34+ weeks pregnant when he went before. I think the hormones make me more paranoid.
#128 of 133 Old 06-21-2004, 08:59 PM

Aww, Lena, that stinks

My sister's dh has been in Baghdad since January (he comes home next January). I saw his little boy's first steps this May and just lost it.... it's so hard when the military guys (and women) miss out on this stuff The boys all have t-shirts (she has 3yo, 2yo and 1yo boys) that say "I love my Baghdaddy!"

Anyway, I am sure your dh will come home safe and sound, but I totally totally sympathize with the fears.... heck, I get worried when dh goes to Home Depot late at night...

Kimberly
#129 of 133 Old 06-21-2004, 09:26 PM

Hi everyone!

Wow, this is a long thread! I know I sort of introduced myself, and then disappeared. I'm still really enjoying getting to know all of you.

Well, part of the reason I disappeared is because I got some disappointing news. I was measuring small at my 28 and 30 week appointments and my midwife decided she wanted me to go and have an ultrasound. It was time for my appointment with her back up doc too. So, I get there, they say I'm due at the end of August, not the beginning, the baby is breech, and the back up doctor is retiring at the end of this month. He was the only doctor in town that I know of that delivers breech babies vaginally.

So, I'm not even sure how far along I am right now...ultrasounds aren't that reliable for dates this late in the game. However, I do have to admit that it took 10 days longer than I thought it would to get a positive, morning sickness set in 10 days late, and lasted an extra few weeks as well. I felt movement and first heard the heartbeat later than I was expecting, etc. I was measuring right on until 28 weeks though...it's just hard to tell what's going on.

And, if I'm really only 30 weeks now, I've gained a ton! I was at 20 pounds 3 weeks ago...

It's really kind of a bummer to have 3 weeks added to this pregnancy, especially since I already feel so HUGE and unable to bend over, feet (hands?) in the ribs, occasional swelling, etc. I mean, it's all normal 3rd tri stuff, but it's been happening for some time now...and when they tried to tell me I had 3 whole weeks left, ugh!

On a different ultrasound note, when the tech asked if we wanted to know the gender, I could not give a definitive answer! He then said that it didn't matter, this little one is being shy and had a foot in the way of the view So we are still having a surprise, it's just that the date is a surprise now too!

OK, sorry to write a novel when I haven't been around...I'll try to rectify that situation...

Rochelle
Mommy to Meg 5/00, Peter 6/02, #3 due 8/04
#130 of 133 Old 06-21-2004, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

:
Maaan you guys does someone want to start another thread already?
7 pages!!! :LOL :LOL

Please do I can keep doing them but if someone else wants to do it feel free.

Bears and Lena you two.....Bears thank you for being so kind to Lena....
It is so nice to see here...

Kimberly yippe on your appt today... -the gall bladder issue...

Bears I am glad your appt went well today too!

gtg

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#131 of 133 Old 06-21-2004, 11:23 PM
Banned

magemama~ Thanks for the advice. It's new territory for me; I always thought you get contractions=you're having the baby... now! But I guess not. I talked to my OB and she agreed about drinking more water and taking it easy. Easier said than done with a preschooler in the house. Tomorrow we're going inner-tubing on the river. It's about a 2-hour float, so that should be relaxing for me and fun for her... Yours is posterior, too? I'm getting a little emotional about that whole situation, but I've gotten some good advice on trying to turn her, and some reassuringly easy-breezy-posterior-birth stories
Bears, it's hard to tell if they follow a rhythmic pattern, because when it kicks in it really doesn't let up for several hours. It's like one looooong dull, but not especially strong contraction at a time. It really bothered me because my labor with Olivia started out the same way, but now it's been going on since Saturday w/out getting any worse, so I won't worry myself thinking that it's the beginning of the real thing. Is your husband still leaving, soon? We don't know if Brian will go or not, now. His company issued a security alert saying that Jewish employees may decline international travel because of the 'racial climate', blah blah blah. Bottom line is, he may decline, but his superiors won't be happy with him if he does. What to do?
Lena, I feel for you
apmama, I'm glad you're getting some relief. I was looking at the post about pb pain it doesn't sound pretty.
It sounds like things are getting uncomfortable around here. You know, it's funny: I'm ready to not be pregnant, anymore, but I'm still not ready for the baby. I keep reminding myself that sure, it takes me longer to get things done, but at least I can get things done! I may be uncomfortable at night when I sleep, but at least I can sleep, and so on. So I'm going to try to enjoy these bloated, achey, hip-popping days and nights as much as possible and rest as much as possible, and give my dd as much attention as I can, while I can. I wish you could stockpile sleep!
#132 of 133 Old 06-22-2004, 09:51 PM

Wow, everyone must have been busy today. No new posts since last night. Or did someone start a new thread and I just missed it?

Bears and kimber: Congrats on the good appointments.

Things going well here. Enjoyed a day at the water park with my good friend and her kids. I can't wait to go back. My DD screamed when time to leave. I figured 5 hours was plenty, besides we had to leave to pick up my hubby from work.

DH took DD to the park just now so I could practice with my hypbirth CD. So I better go get started. Have a wonderful evening ladies.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#133 of 133 Old 06-22-2004, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Laurie here we are and come quick ...Lena can feel her baby's head!!!:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=159785

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page