Friends Chat June 15th-22 *DONE HERE* - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I am going to make this one for the remainder of this month girlies...do you think we can handle it?
If you guys want to make it shorter LMK...we had over 100+ posts to our last friends chat....

Things we left with......

Bears DH's leaving for work related trip late in pg-thoughts for her

pics "don't tap on the tank" :LOL

Caroline is gone until the 21st

emotions in motion

hot-hot-hot weather and a/c trials

Mealymama makin' us laugh and smile with her NKOTB story....

and please check out our sticky "Here We Are" as we are still growing day by day !!!

Ok..that is it..have a great remainder of June!!!!

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#2 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 11:19 AM

Thanks, AP!

Lena-The trip would probably only be for less than a week. So, I'm thinking that it would be OKAY. Sorry to hear that your DH has to travel so much. My DH used to have to travel here and there, not THAT frequently, but it's all a bit rough w/out the extra hands for any extended period. Yes, if it runs into 37th week or so, I will definitely protest. I guess I am just worried b/c I am feelilng (just FEELING) that I could BLOW at any time!!
#3 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 11:21 AM

: : : : :bf

Sorry for this, guys. DS wanted smilies, and who am I to deny him???
#4 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 11:26 AM

thanks for starting a new thread ap! mid-june already, hard to believe!

and thanks guys for complimenting my pictures. We were planning on having some professionally done but just decided to use the digital camera and photo shop and do it ourselves. We are pretty pleased with how they came out and saved a bundle of money!

Bears: I agree with lena, if your dh will not be gone long I'd be ok with it, though still a bit nervous. Its a tough call, hope you guys figure something out. My ds has been difficult lately, too. Dh thinks its related to the baby coming soon but I don't know...I guess its possible he's picking up on the slight changes going on. Oh, and I think he's pretty darn cute, too thanks!

girlfactory: your pic was great, "don't tap on the tank" is hilarious!

ok so anyone who is having their second or more I am wondering if you are planning a baby shower? All we need are cloth diapers (started cloth with ds at 11 mos or so) and we've told everyone that, but i'm not sure if we should have some kind of party. Really, the more I think about planning, preparing, cooking, cleaning, etc. for something the less I want to do it. But I want to celebrate this baby! Any ideas?

Well we are hanging out inside today, hiding from the heat! Hope everyone has a great day!

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#5 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 01:10 PM

Bearsmama- DS2 loves the smilies also. I am bad about not using them, but he sure loves it when other's do! A trip less than a week would be ok with me, but I have neve ever been early

jillybean- no shower here. I had wpne with #3 but not #4 and not this one.
Well, that i know about. And I doubt anyone would do anything anyway. We have no family nearby and not many close friends.

Figured out the pain in my lower left side/groin area....DH grabs my leg in his sleep!!
I knew he was the cause of the bruising in my left calf- he hooks his heel over my left leg to 'snuggle' it. I slept the rest of the night in Ds's twin (in our room) I may not move back!
#6 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 02:08 PM

oops, I just posted on the old thread. I missed that we had moved on to page 8 and didn't see the new link until after I had already posted. Oh, well. We certainly have been very chatty this month. I love it when so many of you post.

About the baby shower. I am pg. with # 2 I was approached by some friends who want to throw me a shower for this baby. Most of them didn't know me the first time around so I think it was thoughtfull of them. Basically I don't think it's improper or anything. And if it's you making the plans then it's not really a shower. If you plan a party for after the baby is born then it's like a welcoming party for the new baby. Sounds really fun and no one should feel obligated to bring gifts or anything. But along the way if you have friends that ask if you need anything, just be honest. Cloth can be expensive to get started so register at your favorite cloth diaper place.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#7 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 02:30 PM

I never had a baby shower with #1, never even had a wedding shower (or wedding gifts except from our parents and grandparents) When I went home 2 weeks or so ago my mom threw me a surprise baby shower. I was so shocked and pleased that these people did this for me. Frankly I didn't care what the people gave me, I was just so happy that someone cared.
#8 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 03:01 PM

it's been over a decade since my last baby, so i have almost no baby gear. but i'm not counting on showers to get it.

still, dh's lab mates have offered to throw us one... it doesn't sound like a traditional one, though... they're doing a "book shower," where everyone brings a copy of their favorite child's book.

the other shower that my homeschooling pals want to do will probably be more of a blessingway thing... kind of a spiritual baby shower, where people share good wishes, poems, songs, and pledges to support the new mom after the baby's born.

there are a couple of things i'd like to get my mitts on before the baby's born... some not so expensive (a sling, more dipes and cotton clothes) and some bigger things (a glider rocker that fits my big bum, a britax car seat, a nice diaper table). well, the car seat isn't negotiable, we definitely need it, but i'm sorta hoping a grandma will volunteer to foot it.

bears, i'd be a little nervous about dh leaving town. if you had even a few minutes of warm-up labor, or any show, or even an intuition... the trip should be scuttled. but if it's really less than a week, and you guys can arrange for a few extra hands while he's gone so you're not stressed (a mother's helper for a few hours a day?)... well, maybe ok.

well, the 'roids have arrived. sigh. got my witch hazel, doin' my kegels... but i think they're gonna be here in one form or another for the duration. still, i'm glad i held 'em off for as long as i did!

catch ya all later...

katje
#9 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 03:19 PM

Did I do this correctly? In order to share with you all, I'm thinking that I have to have the album listed as "public." Makes me a bit nervous. You know, like, is someone going to track down my info and nab DD while I'm preoccupied with the new babe in August b/c they know I'll be distracted? (Oh, yeah, the paranoia sets in. Having repeat dreams now where I'm too busy with the new one to take good care of the first child.) Anyway, they're not the most flattering pictures, but then I never really have ever seen a picture of myself that I liked, which says more about me than the pictures.
http://community.webshots.com/script...umID=153021519

-Leah
#10 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

:
Leah...the pics did not pull up..I understand your apprehension about the pics..that is why I suggested a while back we go to a yahoo group or email group that is private and that the public cannot so easily pull up and *see* us.

Baby shower...my first one with ds #1 was awful b/c my parents were smack dap in the middle of a nasty divorce and my mother was so preoccupied with it that she made the hole day all doomy and gloomy just by her presence. No one on my fathers side would even come, so it was just a few co-workers and a few relatives from my dh's side and I got all things a mainstream shower showers you with....all except my sling..and at the time I had no idea what it was and what the heck I was supposed to do with it, but I kept it and it ended up being one of my stumbling stones to AP...

This time around my mom did want to throw me another shower(guilt trip) but I declined and told her I would much rather have a welcoming party for the baby after he/she is here.

#1 we have all we need and have some pride invested there
#2 I just want it that way..:LOL

Katje I think you are way justified in having a shower....I would love to have a blessingway.....

I think everyone that wants to have one should just have one no matter what the *official* thing is to do for subsequent pg's.
Isn't every baby/a new life reason to celebrate in some way???

Stuck inside again today..rain/storms/mosquitoes keep us locked up...

Yesterday got changing table covers and today cleaned the baby's car seat this morning and receiving blankets...looking for a nice take me home outfit to bring our new little one home in and that should about do it for the things we really need.

Is anyone going to do a belly cast?

ok gtg...ds needs me....

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#11 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 04:31 PM

Not doing a belly cast. Am thinking about professional belly pics though.

There was something else I was going to say but I lost it.
#12 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 06:39 PM

Drinking a coke, eating 3 chocolate cookies and NOT having near enough to drink (TMI alert - my urine was almost orange it was so concentrated!) prior to your appt will make your urine glucose levels SKY high !!

YUCK.

Baby's heart rate is in the 130's, not sure if Bug is head up or head down (midwife thinks probably head down, student thinks head up, I don't really care - I'm not even 30 weeks).

Blood pressure is up from *my* normal, but still really good (like 120/78)

I'm measuring about a week ahead now (about 31 cm, I'm 29w 4d).

Everything else looks good.

*IF* my sugar level is still high for my next appt, we'll talk about doing the glucose testing, or just following the diet - one or the other.

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#13 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 07:11 PM

Ok foxy: since I have webshots maybe I can help. #1 yes if you want to post the link for us to see you do have to check the public instead of private. Not to worry though, this does allow anyone to see your photos, but no information is shared. #2 to get the correct link that you need to post for us to see while you are in webshots On Line go to the my photos button then it will list the albums you have created. Click on the link for the album you want to see. Then on the right hand side there are several options to choose from down at the bottom choose the view in community. It will take you to your photos out of edit mode. I then go up top and copy that link and then paste on MDC I also usually paste it in an email to myself just for keeps.

Hope this helps.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#14 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 10:11 PM

Hi Ladies,
How's everyone hanging in??? We have been extra chatty lately. I love reading about all of your pregnancy and this wild ride we're on! (Pregnancy AND motherhood!).

Anyone feeing UTTERLY EXHAUSTED lately? Seriously, I feel like I could sleep at any time. Like I've been hit with a truck. This kinda exhaustion has just hit me within the past few days. I can barely keep my eyes open.

Jilly-No baby shower here. In fact, it's funny you ask tonight b/c I just asked DH to be honest with me and tell me if his folks were planning anything. At this point, he knows I don't like big surprises, so he swears NO. For DS#1 the ILs had this big blow-out shower. A little TOO much attention for me, actually. I would love to have a little party AFTER #2 arrives instead.

Magemom-As we contemplate how to rearrange our bedroom to accomodate #2, we've thought about moving DS's twin into our bedroom. He never sleeps in it (did here and there for a few hours when we first got it). We're thinking this might encourage him a bit. At the least, it may just be a close spot that I can escape to with the new baby.

Lena-I, too, was very touched when I had my first shower. It was everyone I really cared about. And it seemes a shame that they had to come bearing gifts! Don't get me wrong, it was great to get everything we needed. But just seeing everyone together was lovely. Too much attention, but lovely.

Katje-I am hoping DH knows more about this trip within the next week so we can make a joint decision about this. I wasn't early with DS, but that means NOTHING, I know. And this pregnancy has been so different from start to finish that I would not be surprised. The trip itself could be cancelled or rescheduled, so we'll see... Oh, and I go in waves with the 'roids. I had them when I was on vacation a few weeks ago, but nothing now. Thank the starts. They are annoying and painful and I'm hoping that they're gone for the duration. Sorry you're dealing with them now.

foxy-I hear you about the paranoia. And I think it sometimes comes from somewhere, like it's not all nutty, ya know? For someone who is on these boards everyday checking in, I still do not feel comfortable doing certain things-like posting pics of me or DS. Just a personal thing. If you would have asked me over 2 years ago if I thought I'd find this nice little community of friends on line I would have told you you were crazy! And to think I talk about my hemmoroids, too! My, how things have changed!

Hi AP! No belly cast here or professional photos. You're reminding me to have DH take some good pics of the 'ol belly for the baby's book. You're also reminding me that it's never too early to start washing the baby car seat, etc. I actually washed a bunch of DS's old things a few months ago in some kind of rare moment of inspiration.

Hey-Are you ladies washing the baby things in anything special???? Last time I washed everything in a fragrance-free kind of detergent (Dreft-I know, I know, full of bad stuff, probably).

Liza-Sorry your levels were high. Did you mention the cookies and coke? I know for me with #1 when the hb was slow or especially fast the RN always asked me what I had for breakfast. So, if I ate waffles or pancakes that morning it would change things. The mornings I ate my high fiber cereal or oatmeal and fruit I never had an appointment, of course!

Still craving carbs, very cold water and lemonade. Definitely different from last time.

Sleep well,ladies!
#15 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 10:28 PM

Great photos, Jillybean! You and your child look wonderful.

I won't be having a shower, but I do fantasize about throwing myself a little party. I would love to have a mehndi artist come paint my belly and my guests' hands. But, I'm not the greatest hostess at the best of times. I'm not sure that I have the resources, physical or financial, to pull it off.

My dd's going through some kind of crazy phase. Last night she screamed for hours in the middle of the night because she thought that there were ants in her mouth, nose and bed.

Anyone else planning a homebirth in an apartment? We told my upstairs neighbour today and he started laughing hysterically. I think it was too much for him to process. Our landlord, who lives downstairs, is outwardly supportive but clearly shocked.

I have now had strangers express the two conflicting concerns that (1) my baby is small and (2) that I'm clearly an undiagnosed case of twins.

Bears, re: exhaustion, Yes! In fact, when I had my much-needed nap this afternoon I thought about you on the verge of being napless for the final stretch.

Anyone else feeling lazier and lazier in their exercise routines? I have been lap swimming for five weeks now, and, man, it's only getting harder.

Dodo, who is waiting for her dd to fall asleep so that she can sneak a fudgsicle without corrupting the child
#16 of 133 Old 06-15-2004, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo

Anyone else feeling lazier and lazier in their exercise routines? I have been lap swimming for five weeks now, and, man, it's only getting harder.

Dodo, who is waiting for her dd to fall asleep so that she can sneak a fudgsicle without corrupting the child
Yes me!! My really makes it hard for me now....

...... and pass me one of those fudgesicles would you?

goodnight!

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

#17 of 133 Old 06-16-2004, 02:55 AM
Banned

I just ate a quarter of a watermelon ( I look like I swallowed a whole one), and washed it down with a ½ quart of soymilk. Oops.
Still not sleeping (obviously!) but otherwise returning to my senses.
I took dd to the park yesterday. She thought it was hilarious to shoot the goslings with her squirtgun, so I took it from her... she cried for 45 minutes straight, all the way home and on and on. She's been much more trying, lately. More like a 2 year old than a three year old, and I have less patience than I should. We laid down together for the rest of the evening... could it be the heat making everyone so edgy?
I finally gave in and turned the AC back on today (I don't like to use it until it hits 80, but it was close enough) and my sanity is eeking back.
Bears, I'm sorry, it looks like you and I are in the same unhappy situation: B is being shipped off to China next month for a week or more, not sure on the details yet or how late in the month... I'm sure I won't deliver that early, but I'd like to keep him around to tie my shoelaces
Can anyone here give me a list of supplies that I'll need to do a bellycast? I have a 40% off coupon at the craft store, and I'm going in tomorrow to pick up some knitting supplies. I can't afford any of this, but maybe it'll pick me up since I don't plan on leaving my nice AC nest much, if I can help it.
Anybody with info, I appreciate it.
kimberlylibby, if you're able to get up and read the posts, I hope today is better than yesterday. All the best, Mommies-In-Waiting!
#18 of 133 Old 06-16-2004, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Anyone else planning a homebirth in an apartment? We told my upstairs neighbour today and he started laughing hysterically. I think it was too much for him to process. Our landlord, who lives downstairs, is outwardly supportive but clearly shocked.
Yup - we are !

We haven't told our direct neighbours about it. Our building is relatively soundproofed, so I'm not overly concerned really. We have mentioned it to a few others around the building who we are friendly with though.

We have thought of making a sign for the door saying something to the effect of "Shh . . . Knock softly . . . Birth in Progress" or "Do Not Disturb - Labour in Progress" type of thing, just in case someone hears something.

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#19 of 133 Old 06-16-2004, 09:08 AM

Thanks for the tips, Laurie! I'm now looking into setting up a little webpage through my internet provider. Looks like they've got templates that'll do most of the work for you and I'm pretty curious regarding the website making process.

Some of you lucky duckies are in the cleaning phase of nesting. Not me yet. All I want to do is sew diapers! It's like I'm obsessed. I've always been "mechanically challenged," so the whole making diaper thing has been a huge event for me. Maybe working on the webpage will be another good "sit-down" project and will take some of the pressure off of my poor sewing machine.
#20 of 133 Old 06-16-2004, 09:22 AM

Quote:

I've got super-duper organic bittersweet dark chocolate bars stashed in the freezer for similar occasions. Part of mefeels slightly guilty for not sharing with DD, but a much stronger part revels in not sharing for once. Terrible but true.

And yeah, I'm getting lazier too. Starting to burn-out on the whole changing body thing.........now that we've reached a certain size (and are sure to get even bigger), it's just not quite as much fun in some ways. It's this last part of pregnancy that always makes me question whether or not we want to do it again.

-leah
#21 of 133 Old 06-16-2004, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mealymama
Can anyone here give me a list of supplies that I'll need to do a bellycast? I have a 40% off coupon at the craft store, and I'm going in tomorrow to pick up some knitting supplies. I can't afford any of this, but maybe it'll pick me up since I don't plan on leaving my nice AC nest much, if I can help it.
oil, water-soluble jelly, and/or a thin layer of cotton quilt batting or cotton pre-casting padding

Fast drying(5-8minute) plaster bandages. Get eight (2-3inch) rolls to cast breast and belly

Plastic tablecloth to protect the floor

cake pan of hot water-to dip strips of plaster bandages in

Art supplies to decorate:

Plaster of Paris: if you want to smooth the original rough gauze surfaceas well as strengthen the cast
wire mesh "sandpaper"to get a really samooth plaster surface
gesso, paint, colored tissue paper, feathers beads whatever you want to put on the cast

Shellac to seal and preserve your creation

hth
and happy casting
I have not done this yet myself(but hopes to do so soon!) this is straight from my BFW book...if you want LMK and I can pm you the whole page from the book if you like...

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

#22 of 133 Old 06-16-2004, 09:47 AM

LizaBear, you're lucky that your building is soundproofed. Mine is not. If my daughter has a bad night, the neighbours ask me about it, as in, "Does she not like her new bed?" If we're having a bad day, the neighbours across the street can tell. In fact, last week my dh was biking home and, half a block from home, he could hear a major tantrum. His first thought was, "G*d, don't let that be my house." Unfortunately, it was.

So if I'm feeling anxious about the birth, it's about the noise. I was very vocal at my first birth and the other labouring woman and family who were also at the birthing centre clearly despised me, which was weird, because I was so happy and in love with the world in the aftermath. At the same time, I know quite a few people who birthed at home in similar situations, and none of them mentioned it being a problem.

p.s. Best wishes to Kimberley at a trying time.
#23 of 133 Old 06-16-2004, 10:01 AM

i'm sorry to hear that two of you are dealing w/ traveling dh's so late in the game - my best friend had that happen to her last pregnancy. she was 34wks and her dh left her to go overseas (India) on a missionary campaign and didn't return until she was 38wks...i was so nervous he wouldn't make it back, i can't imagine how she felt!

i hear ya on the sleepiness issue - i'm ALWAYS tired at this point it seems, of course i've been tired all along w/ this pregnancy which is different from my other two. i attribute my never-ending fatigue this time to having two small children already to care for. i also am dealing w/ insomnia though - some nights i wake to use the bathroom and then can't go back to sleep for an hour or more. sigh...

we're not having a shower here - makes me kinda sad since this is the last one - i really want to celebrate him, i may talk to dh about having a welcoming party for him. but definitely specify for ppl not to bring gifts - goodness knows i don't need anymore baby junk! i could stand some more cloth dipes though <G> who couldn't lol katje, i love your dh's labmates idea too - we love to read here and a book shower would be the COOLEST thing! i think we're going to have shelby's party like that this year for her birthday!

well, i'm having a friend out today for a sewing gabfest lol...i better go shower and clean up my kitchen before she arrives! hope you all have a great day!
#24 of 133 Old 06-16-2004, 10:22 AM

What's up with me today. I am not running a fever but I am burning up. The thermostat is on 75 and I have every fan on high. Also feeling very nautious. I don't want to get sick. I hate it. And I certainly don't want to get anyone in my family sick.
Feeling lots of rectal pressure and sharp pains way low. Bears I too am feeling extremely sleepy but not having any luck getting into a comfortable position too sleep.
Mealymom: I too have the BFW recipe for a belly cast. I havn't tried it but have had a few clients who did and it worked great for them. It's such a cool way to express your creativity and capture your pregnant belly. I want to wait till closer to my due date to do one. My best friend is going to come over and help.

Have a great day ladies!

#25 of 133 Old 06-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Banned

Thank you, frognlady... APmama I would LOVE to have the instructions any time you have the time... I'd buy the book myself but then I wouldn't have the $ to buy the supplies I have to use this coupon soon but I'm sure I won't get around to doing the cast for a few more weeks, so no rush, you hear? I don't know how you manage to keep up with us all as it is
Is anybody here having a shower??? I think if my daughter were older I would feel OK with it, but she'll be just shy of 4 when #2 arrives, and we had such a gala when she was on the way, 40 or so friends/family, from NY, NJ, and PA. Sigh. I was so sure I wouldn't be having another for many, many years, so piece by piece it's all gone off to friends, family, yard sales, Salvation Army... all we had left is a car seat (which apparently needs a repair kit from the manufacturer because of a defect!) and a hulky, squeeky old stroller.
Know what? I have been wanting to ask which piece of gear our experienced moms have found to be INDESPENSIBLE and which they regret buying/asking for/owning, so I'm off to start a thread in "I'm Pregnant"... Byesers!
#26 of 133 Old 06-16-2004, 02:54 PM

Hi Girls,
Just had to check in. DS is down for a nap and DH is out doing some work-related stuff.

I am feeling emotional fragile these days. And this morning didn't help. I have a friend who has an almost 3 yo and a 7 mo. They came for a visit today (we see them about 1x/month). When kids come to our house to play DS is literally out of control. He cannot contain himself at all. And then, after he has reached his limit (about 2 hours usually) he starts to be sort of aggressive. Of course, this friend's son is the MOST timid child and mine is the MOST non-timid. So the combination is deadly. My DS pushed the other boy. Also, two times he was also aggressive to the baby. Baby was holding a shoe and DS sort of grabbed it and shoved it at him. I feel so inadequate in these situations. Especially around children who are so different than mine. I always take DS away from the action to talk to him when things like this happen. But, in all honesty, it makes me angry. I'm angry that he can't just chill out a bit. He's so spirited, and I'm feeling so emotional and inadequate as a mommy lately (and he's been so challenging!).

I'm really sorry about that ramble being a bit OT, but I'm just so worried about DS and the new baby. When I see him be a little aggressive to another person's baby, I just don't know what to think. Thanks for listening to all this...

Mealymama & Dodo-Sounds like all of our kids are going thru something-acting out, being worried, etc. Perhaps they know that their families are changing very soon?? And Dodo-I too save the fudgesicles for after DS is asleep. But when I'm in the grocery store I really think that I'm purchasing them as a special treat for DS! HA! He's never even had one!!

Mealy-Sorry to hear that your DH may be going away, too. Can he opt out of this trip at all?

Foxy-mmmmm, chocolate!

Jl-Sorry to hear that you feel like you're coming down with something. If you can, drink as much water as humanely possible. Keep in mind that our internal thermostats are way off at this point, so that may be why you're feeling so hot, too. DH usually loves being cool/cold at night with the covers pulled up. But he claims that I have the air so low that he is chilly, chilly, chilly. I don't care. I feel about 10 degrees hotter than normal.

Anyway, hoping these blues pass soon. I remember last time I did not have any of these same emotions. Of course, I was emotional about many things, but I was just so darn excited for the birth of my first. And this time, well, of course I'm excited, but I now realize the complexities of raising children and and being a conscientious parent. Maybe a nap will help???
#27 of 133 Old 06-16-2004, 03:26 PM

Bears: Many Many you always pay attention to all of our aches, pains and complaints. You are so intiteled to gripe or just vent too. BTW how is your sons arm/cast? I can somewhat relate with my DD. I do daycare in my home with a little girl who is 6 months younger than my daughter (20months old) and her baby brother who will be 7 months on Sunday. My DD is extremely active and loves to play with other children. But she is sooooooo bossy and screams when she get's frustrated or the little girl doesn't do what she says. I don't understand because we don't encourage that behavior. If she want's help I make her ask nicely for "help please" or if she wants to do a particular thing or play with a specific toy we also make her ask nicely. And I don't always give her what she asks for either. Who Knows?!!!

I am feeling a bit better now. I think it was my headache that was making me feel sick. I get migrains alot, so after laying down didn't help I took a tylenol and now I am feeling a bit better. If it were just me and my DD I could lay down in the living room and she would be content to just play in the same room as I am in. But since I have the daycare kids too, It's much harder to ward off the headache by resting. My hubby is off work today but has been at the church all morning trying to get the lawn mowed before services tonight. He just came in a bit ago.

Anyone else been reading the Due in June ladies birth stories?

Laurie

#28 of 133 Old 06-16-2004, 05:15 PM

I just wanted to add that my ds had been acting up too. We've been having problems every single day!.. I've decided that he is reacting to changes in me. Such as I suddenly just can't play with him as much as I used to. I've just suddenly gotten to pregnant for it. I know I am also a little less patient and easily frustrated, so I think his behaviour is just a response to me in my very preggo-ness. I'm not saying that's up with everyone's kid, just mine. DS and I have always been super super close and I know that we have a huge emotional effect on eachother.
#29 of 133 Old 06-16-2004, 08:47 PM

bearsmama, i understand the "spirited" toddler - my 19mos old is a ball of energy and noise! most days i love it, it's so neat to watch how differently she works from my laidback, thinker almost 5yo ds. at the same time, i understand your frustrations about company coming and having him go wild. shelby seems to thrive on attention though, just so long as it's all for her and no one touches her w/o her initiating it. if you try to touch/mess w/ her w/o her initiating contact, she FREAKS...no little fits either, i mean full blown hysterics. she's also the aggressor of my two - jake just gets the snot smacked out of him by her, so much that my mantra "shelby be gentle" is now being spoken by her li'l 19mos old self lol! it's too funny to hear her say "be gentle" <G> anyways, i've found that with her, the best thing is just to provide distraction after i gently correct her for smacking/scratching/whatever yk? i try to also remember that she's young and doesn't have the ability to express herself vocally, just physically - and often when she's being aggressive (like with the babies like you mentioned), she's not intentionally being mean yk? she doesn't realize how strong she is...
anyways, i'm dealing w/ some family issues now...we found out a few days ago that mil (whom i'm very close to) has a tumor in her uterus - we don't know anything else yet. she's having an u/s on it tomorrow and has an appt w/ a ob/gyn on monday. we'll know more then hopefully. anyways, can y'all spare some prayers/positive thoughts etc for her? we're hoping/praying it's just a fibroid tumor - non-invasive, benign type thing ...
#30 of 133 Old 06-16-2004, 10:25 PM

A few years back my mom had 3 tumors. They decided to do a hysterectomy. The tumors were benign but causing so many problems and so much pain. She's doing great now of course.

Anyway, you guys will be in my prayers. Sending benign vibes...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page