Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
3 Days left of June...

:

I have only 5 weeks left.....

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2004, 11:34 AM

caroline: Thanks about the sorbets. I do not own an ice cream maker machine. I did see some at walmart the other day that were fairly priced. They also had one that did not require rock salt. Do you have to have an old timie one or would the newer version work as well? I keep telling my hubby about your sorbets and how I want to make some!

Lena: I am so happy that your DH will be returning home today.

Re: Games: I love to play games. Growing up w/o a TV we played mostly card games together. My hubby taught me to play Chess about a year ago and that was cool. DH is hardly home and when he does get home he just wants to sleep so not much gaming going on here.

We have been getting lots of rain and the forcast says scattered showers for the rest of the week. I woke up the other night durring a downpour. It was kinda relaxing hearing the rain hit the roof of the house. We had a nice weekend. I didn't get to rest as much as I wanted but not really anything to complain about. Durring sunday school last night I started seeing spots of light and was a little dizzy. So when church was over I had my DH take me by the drug store so I could check my BP. The first reading was high for me. 140/75 I waited a bit and checked again after sitting for a while and it was 128/68 It's my top number that seems to be high. I am not having any swelling in my face, hands, or feet so I am not too concerned. I had a bit of a headache and was tired. So maybe that contributed. I have a midwife apt. on Wednesday and will ask her then.
I am feeling lots of movement. I can feel her head down low and sometimes it feels like she is trying to move lower but can't. I wonder about it sometimes but I'm trying not to worry about anything.

Well I have written enough so I better move on with my day. Looks like we are about to get another downpour. I gotta go do the dishes I let them stack up yesterday

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
Old 06-28-2004, 12:20 PM

wow, it's amazing to think about how soon we're all going to be meeting our babies! as the day draws nearer, my panic and anxiety are being replaced by a sense of calmness and wonder...after spending the first few months shocked and bewildered about a third baby that wasn't planned, but much wanted - then a few months scared it'd be too much for me to handle...i'm reaching a point where i'm excited to meet this new little life and learn his every feature and mood...i'm having to slow down and reflect finally - this will be the last time (unless God has other plans) that i'll be pregnant and it's kinda bittersweet right now...
i am nesting insanely right now - partially because of incoming company for the 4th o' july weekend though. i also have got a list a mile long of things i want done before ian arrives though lol...i can't believe he's going to be here in @53days!
Old 06-28-2004, 01:36 PM

Laurie, I have the new fangled kind. I got it on Amazon.com for about $30. We use it a lot. It has a metal container that we just store in the freezer so it's always ready. With all the heat we've been having, I couldn't live without it. Well, it would be that or the crushed ice dispenser in my fridge. My hubby loves frozen cokes, so he keeps meaning to make one but hasn't gotten around to it. I think you could put just about anything in these and they'd turn out yummy.

Lena, Glad to hear your hubby is almost home. Hope you have a wonderful reunion today!

Catch up with you more later. I need a nap already!
Old 06-28-2004, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Frog, although this baby was planned, our trajectories sound the same. I too am starting to look forward to his or her arrival. Dh, on the other hand, is still a little freaked.

Today is election day here in Canada. I went to vote forty-five minutes after the polls opened only to wait an hour in line. The pain of standing actually made me cry. At the end, I was bumped to the front thanks to the petitioning of my neighbour, a woman I call "The Nonna" ("grandmother" in Italian). I went ahead, she stayed behind -- how pathetic. It was very disorganized. Usually the polls are better run. I would say that it had a third-world feel, except I doubt that other countries ask so much of their old ladies.

Bears, I spoke last night with real-life friends who recently experienced a seamless transition to two children. They were very reassuring.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:12 PM

Laurie: I have a new ice cream maker... you could borrow it, seriously, for like.... forever.... we've used it ONCE in teh 4 years we've been married We got it as a wedding gift.

I'm serious. I will give it to you someday when I'm not on bedrest!
Old 06-28-2004, 06:19 PM

I'm still here, ladies. It has been just a few days but 4 pages of posts to catch up with. Thank you for all the advice about thermacare patches. I used it again the other day and it was a life saver. I had a bad day with my preschool kiddos and I put the patch on at 12 noon. That night at 9:00 pm I finally took it off but it was still hot. It was soooooo nice and made my horrible lower back ache melt away. I highly recomend them to any of you. The only hitch is that they are not designed for pregnant bellies. I had to wrap mine very low so it would fit.

I have been having tons of bh contractions. They are very scattered--not regular at all so I'm not worried....yet. I'm only 32 weeks, so I'm not ready for labor this early.

I have a new kind of icemaker too. We keep ours in the freezer all the time, ready to go too. I love it. Very easy clean up.

Let me echo everyone elses concerns on what life will be like with a toddler and a newborn. I'm scared. I am however, not scared about Ben's missing me when I'm in the hospital. His grandparents will keep him. When he's with them, I don't exist. I'm actually worried about him not missing me enough and when my hormones are crazy after birth, that might make me sad. I'm thinking about when the grandparents come to visit me, maybe they can leave the room for a while so maybe Ben will remember who I am. I know it probably seems silly to yall to have this total opposite fear then most of you, but Ben really really is attached to them. He NEVER cries when I leave him with them. I guess I'm lucky that the burden of what my older child will be doing while I'm laboring is off my shoulders.

I only have 4 more weeks of student teaching left and then I hate to admit this....? more weeks till baby? Due Aug 20ish -- is that 7 weeks or 8? I lost track. With first pregnancy I used to know exactly how many days. Now I forget so easily.

Nesting.....I haven't done much. I need to get it underway. On one hand I'm getting antsy but on the other hand...I know it will all work out. The only thing I'm really anal about is getting the infant car seat "sterilized" and installed. Even if it doesn't get installed until after baby is born, I'm confident that dh has it figured out now. We took that thing out and in so many times with Ben. I just want it spottless. I'm even thinking about getting a brand new one...but realilty hits me when I think of all the other things I want to or need to buy. Everything that is going to touch the newborn must be CLEAN!! That is how I'm getting. But really how much is that....clothes, dipes, me....carseat, blankets. That's about it. whew. I better go before this gets too long. I didn't respond to each person because--man--that was ALOT of posts. Everybody....take care.

Christine
Old 06-28-2004, 08:18 PM

Hi Christine

Bleck, still sitting here waiting for DH to call and say he's home. It's past 6 and he said he'd be home early afternoon. I did get 3 calls earlier today with some odd really long number. For some reason I never heard the phone ring. For two my voice mail picked up and there was just some horrible loud roaring noise. In the second on I *thought* I heard DH saying something like "I can't hear anything". So anyway, the phone number and such make me think he's still there but maybe he was just trying to tell me he would be later than he thought.

Okay, sorry for complaining. Please continue discussing pregnancy. To make my post on-topic let me say that I have a big, huge belly and I need to paint my toenails but my darn belly is in the way.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:45 PM

OH MY!

Just came home from the ob. 154/68. Blech. The top number bites the big one. The bottom is okay. I honestly forgot to ask about my protein... I was too in shock from.... my **11** lb weight gain in 6 days!!! That's over 1.5 lb/day!!! Holy cannoli! AND NO, I haven't been eating too many cannolis!

Oddly similar to my pg with Libby.... I had two ~10 lb gain weeks and then gained 25 lb my last week and then had my induction.

Anyway, we're talking about July 9th for my c/s... I'd be 36 weeks exactly. That's NEXT FRIDAY LADIES!!!!

So, if my bp/weight don't behave, I'm gonna be a momma of 2 next week!!!!!!!! Somehow it sinks in more when you get a date attached to it!

Oh, and I go back Friday for a sono/appt. Hopefully my bp isn't affecting her growth too much. My sister's IUGR preemies have really scared me on that level.

Lena: I'm thinking of you! I hope he's home super soon!!!

Kimberly (potentially 11 days till baby???)
Old 06-28-2004, 08:57 PM

Kimberly. Man that stinks. I know you were hoping for 38 weeks, but whatever keeps you and babe healthy, right? I was on bedrest with #1 and gained more while on it. My total weight gain was 28lbs. Compare that to this preg. not being on bedrest and I've gained 16 lbs so far (at 35 weeks) Makes a big difference. I'll be thinking about you (and praying for you if you don't mind)

So yes I am just sitting here lurking on MDC. DS is asleep, house is already clean, and the stupid phone won't ring! : So I'm here.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:02 PM

:
wow Kimberly.......11 days til baby ....ohmi..how exciting! Sorry about your BP.....hope it settles itself back down....

Hey Christine

Lena hope your Dh is just caught up in his travels to get home....let us know..

****Warning TMI here****
You guys I had a doosey of a contraction today...I felt it coming and it put so much pressure on my bladder I had to run to the bathroom..but no pee came out, but while sitting there trying to go, I had such pain in that area from the pressure of the contraction-like my baby was going to come out....: is that weird or what?

Last night I had about and hour straight of some contractions..nothing timeable..but man...they sure are getting more intense. I do not have to breathe through them or anything, but they just feel so uncomfortable at this point.

Definitley running out of gas by days end after running around with ds playing all day- I am just done.... It is even harder if I have to go grocery shopping then home then play for the rest of the day... I am just whipped...

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

Old 06-28-2004, 09:12 PM

Traci: I have funky contractions like that too.... I've had this pain I refer to as "rectum-ripping" (well, not so politely, but you get the point)... I'll have a contraction and it feels like my butt is going to rip in two!! YEOUCH. Ahhhhh, the last month or two of pg is quite a charmer. At least I don't have itchy 'roids like I did with Libby

Yeah, I'm kind of in shock over my appointment. I mean, I've known this is a possibliity (duh) but wow.

The *good* thing is that most 36 weekers come out pretty healthy and get to go home on schedule. I don't want to think about the alternative, because it's kind of out of my control. I would never purposefully have a preterm baby, but if it keeps me from getting permanent kidney/liver damage, I'll do it, you know?

Lena: I'm thinking of you!! I can't imagine how stressed it must make you!

Kimberly
Old 06-28-2004, 09:18 PM

Caroline: Thank you for responding about the ice cream maker!

Kimberly: you are so sweet. Sorry to hear the BP was misbehaving today. Who is your doctor? What hospital are you delivering at? Since we live so close I thought I might no the physician. I am praying for you and your little babe.

Lena: Oh you poor thing. This a horrible time for you to have to worry about DH comming home late or not at all. Sending you good vibes that he will call soon!

Christeeny: Good to hear from you. I hear ya on the BH's I am having so many. And every single one sends me to the potty. I have to go like every 5 to 10 min. This is extremely annoying.

Dodo: Oh goodness. I don't know how you managed. Standing without actually walking for over an hour would kill me. I am ok as long as I am moving, but even then it makes me so tired.

Today was pretty good. Parts of it went by so slow and other parts just flew by. I got a small nap around 1:00 but it was over way too quick. The baby has been pretty active. That's always reasurring. I too have thought alot about the transition from a family of 3 to a family of 4. And even if we will try for more. But overall I am just so darn excited. I really thought that this pregnancy would go by very quickly. But it hasn't. And being a member of this MDC with you ladies has made it that much sweeter. Still can't believe we are just days away from July!!! It's crazy. I know that some of us will deliver early so we will be reading some of our own birth stories soon. SO EXCITING!

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
Old 06-28-2004, 10:02 PM

Laurie: I see Dr. Gordon at Omega. I'll deliver at Medical Center of Arlington :Puke but it's close to my house. :Puke :Puke though! I do like the new L&D unit though! It's much nicer than the old ghetto. And you?
Old 06-28-2004, 11:15 PM

Hi Girls,
Lena-Please let us know when DH arrives. I can only imagine how worried and anxious you must be. I'm thinking of you...

Kimberly-Sorry about the BP. But 11 days!! Of course, you want the baby to cook as long as possible, but the thought of having only 11 days until you meet must be an odd mix of feelings.

AP-I really can't believe that it's only 2 more days until July! Where did the time go? I know I can only speak for myself b/c some of you have had a much harder go of it this time around than me. But I am just AMAZED...You know, AP, I've had some kicking that's followed by an intense urge to pee, but nothing quite like what you're describing. Sounds like a few others here have had similar things. I had a lot of cramping last week and the week before-a few that even took my breath away but nothing now.

Dodo-Thanks for the reassurance. I actually started a thread a few weeks ago to get the POSITIVE side of the transition. And it is really helping me to keep things in perspective. I find that MDC is kinda like keeping a journal-sometimes you only write when things are tough...Have to remember the positive stuff.

As for me, I'm hanging in there. DS has been out of control the past few days. He's gotten really frustrated very easily, cries very easily, and is generally disagreeable. I'm assuming it all has to do with his sense that things are changing soon-very soon. But it has been tough. As I've mentioned before, he is a "spirited" kid. And nothing seems easy.

Tonight my breasts were so sore that I winced a lot during our nursing session. And then I had to cut it short b/c I was too uncomfortable. I try to remember to tell him that it's not him-it's mommy's body that's making me feel pain, but he doesn't get that yet. I've been mentioning here and there that perhaps we need to come up with some other "special" stuff we can do before nap and bedtime instead of nursing. Tonight he like freaked out and got very physical and insistent about nursing and I just couldn't give in. I just can't. It hurts too much. It's time, I know it, I just don't know about the TIMING, if you know what I mean. To cut him off entirely so close to #2's arrival may be a problem...

Anyway, anyone dealing with being VERY emotional still???? I thought it would be over by now. But it's **** going on. I'm like a faucet. I cried yesterday at a friend's daughter's b-day party b/c my son was totally not paying any attention to me. Just started almost bawling in the middle of a 2 year old's party. What the heck is wrong with me???

So, feeling kinda down and exhausted and huge. That sums it up for me. I know I've missed some of you, but I'm spent. Thinking of you all. Sleep well, ladies
Old 06-29-2004, 12:53 AM

Bears. My son is a "spirited" child. WHat Dr. Sears calls high needs. Its very hard sometimes.

Dh didn't come home, and I just keep wondering what that noise I heard on my voice mail message was. I *know* it was probably just a bad connection from trying to call from another country, esp one that is not as technological advanced as ours, but I'm paranoid, kwim?

DS didn't take a nap at his normal naptime, but them went to sleep a little after 4, and is still asleep. I sure hope he doesn't wake up at like 4 in the morning. Well, I'd better head to bed too. No use waiting up any longer. If he came in at night they would house them at Andrews AFB up in D.C. overnight.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Oh my goodness. Hard to believe that some of us might be graduating to Life with a Babe in less than two weeks. I imagine that it's a weird feeling to have to negotiate your baby's birthday. So many variables!

I don't just want my baby to have clean blankets and carseats. I want him/her to have clean walls, floors, windows, cupboards, closets, balconies and curtains. It's as though I suddenly decided that my home was unfit for a child. I'm not physically up to the task, so I hope that I can relax some of my expectations over the next few weeks.

While I was swimming this evening, my dd apparently had the biggest and most public tantrum of her life. A crowd formed around her, trying to distract her with baby games like peek-a-boo. Dh at one point wondered if it was in fact a tantrum or an epileptic fit. Can I just say that I'm not-so-secretly glad that I missed it?
Old 06-29-2004, 07:07 AM

DH is home. He got home at 4 o'clock this morning. I guess it's a good thing that DS went to sleep at 4pm yesterday b/c once he saw his daddy, that was enough sleeping for him.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-29-2004, 10:52 AM

:

That is wonderful news Lena!!! I am so happy for you and your family.

Bears I am sure your breasts are tender because I know mine have been starting to ache again here latley too. Has your dh left yet? Can he help put your little guy to bed? My ds still loves my breasts too even after not nursing for 6 months. He trys to grab them anytime they are "out" and he sees them or even when we are sleeping his little hands still tend to gravitate to rest on them . I know nursing was very specail to him ..even though he weaned on his own...I do not think I would of been able to make it through this whole pg nursing. SO I have great respect for you (and others) who have made it this far. I feel very uncomfortable at this point too b/c he does say that once the baby comes, that since I have 2 mee-mee's that he can have one and the baby can have one since my milk will be back. I am not looking forward to this challenge b/c I only see myself nursing my newborn. I would be too stressed if he nursed(if he can even remember) along with the baby. This all coming from someone who has always been/and still is a very big advocate of nursing(nursed mine until 3.5 years of age) and always saw myself tandem nursing if and when I ever got pg while I was nursing my 1st. I never thought my feelings would change or be so off from what I *thought* I should/would do as a nursing mother. I cannot explain it at all. I like to think of it as how Norma B. discusses in her book MYNT about it being another Mother Nature wired reaction that some pregnant mothers go through and she cannot argue with that. I can't either. I am still meeting my 1st needs in many other ways, all that promote AP ideals, and I am hoping that our strong foundation we have will get us through when the baby comes when it comes to the nursing issue. Don't know if this rambling helps at all B.....I just feel for you

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

Old 06-29-2004, 10:57 AM

Oh yeah..Hey you guys do you want me to edit our "here we are" list like the July list Mammas so we can start listing the new arrivals and then have our list of mammas who are still waiting?
LMK

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

Old 06-29-2004, 11:08 AM

just checking in here...i'm feeling the urge to hole up and nest again - seems i get this way before delivery for a few weeks so it makes me wonder how much longer i've really got. the original edd given by u/s at 7wks is 8/21, but i'm measuring ahead which i've never done before, so we'll see...either way, 7.5wks is not long till baby comes!
lena, i'm glad your dh is home safe!
christeeny, traci - ikwym about the bh's picking up and having some that absolutely stop you in your tracks...i had one the other day mid-conversation where i actually had to say, "just a sec, i'm having a contrax"...freaked poor mil out! had to concentrate and "go inside myself" to deal with it though...
wowee kimberly, the 9th!!! amazing, i know you wanted to wait longer, but the possibility of meeting katie so soon has to be exciting for you {{hugs}}
my next appt is the 12th, i'll be 34wks then and i'm going to see about him checking me if i'm still measuring ahead, just to calm my mind...i'm feeling awfully uneasy about the unsurety of dates and the hour plus drive to the hospital this time...
i've washed the diapers and clothes already jic, still waiting on two orders of diaper covers though (FMBG and Mudpie Babies!!! so excited) so i'll wash those when they arrive with shelby's clothes i guess, they're mostly larger sizes though i did order a small from each one. size wise, i bet ian can wear the smalls from birth! i can feel either side of his body now in certain positions and it just shocks me how big he already is...
oy, what a novel - so much for just a quick check-in lol!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:39 AM

Christeenybeeny and Jillybean can you pm me?
Thanks!

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

Old 06-29-2004, 12:19 PM

LENA-YEAH!!!!! Soooooo glad DH is home safe and sound!!!!!!

Oh, and Lena, thanks for the commiseration about having a HN boy. I found Dr. Sears' list of HN traits on his website when DS was about 4 months old. And I was like, they've obviously used my son as an example! He's been HN since BIRTH-and I'm not exaggerating. Since the day he came out of me. Amazing, very bright, adorable, sweet, but a huge CHALLENGE almost every day.

Dodo-Yes, you can say you're glad you missed it. Sometimes I think most tantrums and outbursts are saved for mama only. I know what you mean about fits-sometimes when DS flips (that's my understanding mom word for it! ha!) I wonder that myself???

AP-Thanks You know, sometimes I can't put my finger on the WHYS of why I'm still nursing and haven't stopped earlier. It's been really miserable for some months for a loooong time now. And I think I've had those moments that are talked about in MYNT, too. I think sometimes I've overridden them and then I wonder if that was a good thing. Oh, well, we are where we are. I appreciate your kind words about it. Although I don't feel like supermom or even really great about it b/c I've been so conflicted about my decision to continue. WoW! I knew motherhood would be challenging, but I never thought it would challenge me in the ways that it has. I've thought more about things in the past 2.5 years than I ever did before-in life, in college, whatever. It challenges me on a personal level every single day. And I can only say thank you to you and the other fine women I've met here on this board that have helped made me realize that others think as much about their parenting as I do. Doesn't make me better than the next, just makes me as tired as the next mom!!

Hey Frog!

Anyway, that's it for me. Gotta do some errands this morning...
Old 06-29-2004, 12:50 PM

Kimberlibby: I used Dr. Stockburger and Arlington Memorial Last time. I was extremely pleased with my Doctor but hated the hospital. He retired recently and that made me sad. This time I am using a midwife (Susan Akins) At Baylor Medical Center in Dallas. Part of the group Womans Health Alliance. I am meeting her back up midwife tomorrow (Tanya). I am very excited.

Lena: Yeah Yeah Yeah! I am so happy for you. Was he able to clear up the voice mail message?

Bears:so sorry your struggling with DS. Hopefully it will get better soon! Yes, I am still dealing with on again off again emotions. I am pretty emotional pre-pregnancy but I have noticed it being just rediculous right now. Weeping for absolutly nooooooooo reason. Your not alone!

Ap: Are you talking about just creating a new thread with who has had thier baby and who is still waiting? or just reconforming the Here we are thread? I thought it would be kinda cute to have a "Buns in the oven" and "Enjoying my new loaf of bread" thread that listed who has gone and who is still waiting. I have no clue how to set up stickys or new threads. That's another reason I am so thankful for those who do know how.

I am feeling pretty good this morning. I was so happy to log on and read that Lena's Hubby is home safe and sound. It totally made my day. I am feeling the baby quite a bit. She had the hiccoughs the whole time I was catching up on everyones posts. That's such a weird sensation. I will be 35 weeks on Saturday. Wowee! This has just been such a different experience from last pg. it's wonderful.

Old 06-29-2004, 01:14 PM

That is wonderful news Lena. I bet you are just thrilled to have him home.

I'll probably be fairly sparce in these parts for a couple of weeks starting July 2nd - we are going camping for the weekend, then DH is on vacation for 2 weeks and we have a LOT to accomplish around this apartment before baby comes.

I had a nice long chat with my doula the other night - told her that I feel this baby is going to be larger than Boo was, the movements are so much more frequent and a LOT stronger. Stronger to the point of being uncomfortable a lot of the time even.

I just got a diaper pattern in the mail today - I can't wait to try it out. Maybe I'll get the chance to do a little bit of sewing while DH is home.

I'm exhausted, nursing hurts sometimes, my stress-level seems ridiculously high for what my life is REALLY like (as opposed to how it feels to me some days), I am still getting emotional about dumb little things.

I really need good weather vibes for this weekend, so I can spend it floating in the pool at the campground we're going to . . . a few days of complete relaxation is in order. Then - we get back on the 4th and I have a check-up on the 5th.

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
Old 06-29-2004, 05:56 PM

Hiya, everyone! So much to catch up on......let me just say that
Lena, good news that your hubby is home!
Frogs, I too am wanting to hole up in a desperate sort of way.

Kimberly! I'll count off the days with you on my calendar! And I just checked out your diapering search page........most marvelous of you to create it. Lovely!

Dodo, they thought maybe she was having a fit? We've had a few of those types of tandrums lately. Great hiccupping, uncontrolable sobs. I figure when they get to that point, the poor kiddo is usually pretty freaked out by the whole experience and all you can do is ride it out. Not much fun anywhere.

Welp, DD's banging on her door. Must be time to get up from her nap. Hope you all are well!

-Leah
Old 06-29-2004, 07:02 PM

Sounds like the chaos around here this morning. DH came out to the car sending me off telling me how jealous he was I was going to the Dentist!! not that I cared - I was that mom that everyone thinks needs to take her kids home - yesterday in the Gap. Amelia would only eat the crackers off Brannon's side of the stroller tray and then he would grab them from her and they were both screaming and crying MINE (yes that would be one of my 11 month old first words - see what I mean about picking up toddler behaviours). I kept getting those - you should know better looks! And yes I know what causes pg - don't you wish you were still getting some from partner on a regular basis!! (I've never said that back but boy have I thought it.)

Lena - glad your DH is home. I turned on the news last night hoping for a glimpse of my Dad. Maybe he was at one of the turning over ceremonies hehehe - I can just imagine Brannon seeing GDaddy on tv!

I have to say that I have cut back DDs nursing simply to give myself a bit of a break before I head back into it full time. I have been nursing non-stop since March 02 on top of these pgs and I just need to take part of my body back. I don't know if it hurts because I am tender or simply because DD now has 4 teeth! Be glad to go back to a toothless baby!

Kimberly - what a lot to take in but you are so right; regardless of what kind of birth we wish for all we really want is healthy mom/healthy baby. But nothing is set in stone yet is it? I think the hardest part about not being a first time mom is that our experiences and concerns are real from previous experiences that things eat away at us so much.

I have to say that I have stayed very detached. All my newborn stuff is still in the attic, I don't have most of my stuff for the homebirth, I haven't sent my emergency paperwork into the hospital, I refuse to wash the few new things I have bought (including new dipes). Tons of BH and stuff and some that feel more intense but MW says that is normal and it's only going to pick up. As much as I would love to have this baby between 7/23 - 7/31 I will not be prepared esp. mentally. If labour comes on I will be dealing with some serious denial!! But hey, that could make for a fast labour.

I am dying to wear normal clothes again. I am so sick of these maternity clothes - I have had them for so long!! I would love a shopping spree. I will need some new tops as my bust is already up to 36F. I am only 5'4" on a good day and normally wear a size 6 but I don't know if any of my tops will fit!

Enough rambling!
Old 06-29-2004, 10:01 PM

I have been meaning to post this link lately with all the talk about miscarriages and troubles etc. It is an excerpt from Peggy Vincent's, Baby Catcher, which I really enjoyed.

http://www.babycatcher.net/excerpt2.html
Old 06-29-2004, 11:24 PM

Ahh k8 that was an incredible link..ty for sharing

Laurie I was just going to modify the pre-exsisting "here we are" thread to accomidate the two since Lena has us all set up with the birth stories and congrats...I will use your headers though in the revamp of "here we are"...I like them too!

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

Old 06-29-2004, 11:47 PM

O.K. I updated "here we are"
it is all ready to go!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=129377

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

User Tag List