July 1 - ?? Friends Chat Here - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-06-2004, 12:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Madrone: So So So glad to hear from you. Those darn computers, they can be so frustrating. I would have broken down and just cried had I had a similar experience that you had on your bus ride. So glad your back with us.

I was so lazy today. I rested all day and took a long nap with my DD. I am looking forward to only having my daycare kids ONE Day this week. I can really use the time off to just focus on Bre and the upcomming birth of this sweet baby. It's just so close! My friends are throwing me a baby shower on Saturday. Someone already sent me a gift from my registry. They sent a glider rocker. I have a really nice glider that even swivels from my DD and I don't really need a new one. I plan on taking it back and trading for the Britax convertable carseat that I want. It's more of a nessesity

Well, I need to go enjoy some time with my hubby. Have a great Evening!

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2004, 12:56 AM

Hi Everyone!

How's everyone hangin' in? Things here are fine. Got a lot done today around the house. It was beautiful out, but we just hunkered down and cleaned, organized, etc. DH goes back to work f/t starting tomorrow. And after almost 5 months of really having him around most days, it feels like it's going to be a weird transition for both of us. I think we were trying to squeeze as much as possible in today. Plus, DH leaves for London Thursday. Say a prayer to the universe that this babe doesn't decide to come 4 WEEKS early! :

Washed the carseat cover today, put away a bunch of new little things in dresser drawers, etc. Realized that I have SO much stuff for this little babe w/out even going out and getting too much more! I just had to find it and sift through it all. Oh, I still need a little, cute coming home outfit, and perhaps a onesie from that great Granola Threads site that AP suggested.

Rearranged the bedroom recently so I *think* that the co-sleeper can snugly fit next to our bed. We'll see how it goes. We have a twin in DS's room, and a sleep sofa, so if baby and I need to escape to another bed, we can.

Katje- I'm sorry you had such a rough day. I can't believe that you are still sick! What a total bummer. Please take good care of yourself.

Jl-Don't they say to feel for about 10 movements/hour when you're worried about activity?? Sounds like your babe has picked up some steam though. You know,also, at this point they actually SHOULD be slowing down a bit
b/c they don't have much room left.

AP! Best of luck with your Vbac testing. We are so close-I am 36 weeks on Thursday of this week.

Lena-You CAN'T have that baby now, sweetie! keep it in, keep it in! For your DH's sake and ours!

Christeeny-I, too, am obsessing about these weird little things. Like cabinet drawers, pictures in albums, the silverware drawer, etc. WEIRD! I think one of my biggest fears right now is that I will go into labor and the house will be a PIGSTY. Isn't that a dumb thing to be so worried about at this point? I just know that they ILs or the neighbors will be be in and out of my house...just one of those things I guess...

Ilove-I, too, am getting a little tired of being preggers. I really want my body back. I said to DH today that if I'm only have ONE, why does it look like TWINS will be coming out of my A$# in 4 weeks???? I am big, uncomfortable, you name it....still loving feeling my baby move, marvelling at the wonders of it all, but tired, tired, tired of being so uncomfy at this point!

daednu-I know what you're saying about DH feeling a bit more confident this time around. I, too, feel like the little things won't throw me like it did the first time around. For ex., when DS was like 2 days old, we layed him down on the bed, and when we picked him up the bed was wet. We couldn't figure out WHY the bed was wet. Honest to GOD. We were like, Well, what IS it? By golly, it was pee! But we couldn't figure it out. It was like a mystery to us at the time!

Madrone-Good to see you! Yes, I've been talking a lot about nursing lately. And we are only human! When DS used to bite, I was not a happy woman. And my DS has been crying and tantruming over weird stuff lately, too.

Liza-Glad your appointment went well...

This morning we broke out the early videotapes of DS-right after birth in the hospital, at home in those early weeks. And DS was completely freaked out over the hospital footage. He liked seeing his newborn self in mommy's arms, but during the hospital stuff, he actually started to cry... we fast forwarded. But I realized that today was just too much about baby, and not enough about him... he's realizing it's getting close. Even though it was him on the video it was still a baby. Hard for him as I'm sure it will be when the new baby is here.

Okay, enough of me this evening! Thinking of all of you. Just want to say again that I feel so fortunate that I've found you all and can share this amazing ride with all of you!!

Old 07-06-2004, 06:10 AM

Madrone-It is good to see you again! I am sorry as well to hear that you have been feeling so awful! The end is near, right?

Bears-You always do such a good job responding to everyone. I always look forward to your replies! I think my ds gets tired of hearing about the baby sometimes too, and I asked him if he wanted to watch his baby movies, and he didn't. He would rather watch his birthday party, or something else. I feel kind of a bittersweetness lately too, only a few more weeks of having just one child, and then our family is going to be changed forever. I want to scoop ds up and hug him and never let go. It is frustrating too, b/c I want to play with him more, but I am soo tired, and have such a long list of things "to do". I need to make him my priority though!

AP- I also want to send you well wishes for your VBAC testing! I hope everything goes just fine!

My friend, mr. hemorroid, has gotten worse through today, which is why I am up at 4 a.m. It is throbbing it hurts so bad!!! I have been trying everything to get it to stop swelling up. I really, really want it to go away soon, b/c I can't imagine having to deal with this pain on top of labor as well. The only thing I haven't tried is homeopathic remedies, b/c I don't know of any. Anyone? It has only been about one day, hopefully if I stay off my feet tomorrow it will be better. It didn't help that I had to pick up 42 pound ds twice today to put him in the shopping cart.

I am jealous of those of you who have your home visits with you mw's coming up soon. Mine isn't until the last week of July! I feel a little abandoned b/c she left for a 10 day vacation while no one is due, and is going to take another camping trip when she gets back, but will still be on call. I don't think she is being unreasonable at all, I just think I am more sensitive to it, b/c my m/w in my first pg, PLANNED her vacation on my due date. And then acted put off when I asked if I could meet the back up m/w in person, etc. In the end, I didn't like her at all, and should have found another care provider early on.

Peace everyone!

Old 07-06-2004, 09:50 AM

Melissa- I've never had a hemmoroid, but I'm sure it's terrible. I know that the hospital I gave birth to DS in gave moms with hemmoroids a sitz bath. Here's some info on a sitz bath: http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz...sitz_bath.html
I too am wishing that I could do more with my son. I know it's frustrating for him b/c he is very active and isn't used to not having a playmate (me). Oh, and good for you for calling about that poor dog!

Bears- sound like you are getting a lot done. I tried to get a lot of stuff done too while DH was still here. I hope his trip goes well for both of you My DS is really sensing how close this is too. He goes from being sweet and saying sara's bed, sara's diapers, laying his Ruh-ruh in Sara's bed ect to not wanting to see my belly and trying to be mean to the baby things. WHat do you think your child's reaction will be when the babe is actually here.

Laurie- enjoy your easy week w/o daycare kids every day Well, maybe not easy, but nice. That's a great idea to trade the rocker for the carseat.

Katje- I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Chocalate sounds good to me

Liza- yay for your good appt.

Magemom- I hope you didn't have another coworker die, let us know

Madrone- glad to see you back. COmputers are so very annoying sometimes. I'm so sorry that you are still getting sick. And on the bus I'm glad that you found out that you are anemic so you can take care of it. I developed anemia in high school during track one year and it made me so sick. I was so tired and threw up a lot. Perhaps your anemia is part of why you are still getting sick. WHo knows. Anyway, chocolate sound good to me.

Christeeny- I know what you mean about fearless kids. My DS gives me a heart attack almost everyday! I'm nesting too, but like you I'd rather do things like organizing and stuff, I feel too big and tired to do all the really big stuff.

Cheryl- Glad you got your dog back.. That must have been horrible.

I have to do some good cleaning today. We are having someone come clean our living room carpet and fix two holes that the dog we had tore in the carpet. I have to clean up down there and move toys and stuff out of there.

I talked to my doula yesterday and I think it's set up for her daughter to watch DS. I'm going to go buy some stuff for him today like little toys and playdoh. We also talked about when to call her and all that kind of stuff. I am so glad I have a doula!

Have a good day everyone
Old 07-06-2004, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

I am sitting here laughing to myself because only in my third trimester could a thread with so much information about other women's cleaning schedules be of such interest to me. I actually think, Carpet cleaning, that's amazing. Silverware drawer, done that. I even go so far as to feel jealous of those of you who are progressing in your nesting. Right now I'm on vacation and nesting is necessarily at a standstill. I even packed some of our more severely stained clothes, thinking that I could at the very least do some intensive laundry while away. However, I forgot that my MIL, with whom we are staying, is pathological about laundry. Yesterday while we were out she went into my closet, grabbed my pile of stained clothes and washed them herself. It's an odd situation because I don't like anyone else doing my laundry, and she knows that, but if I bring it up, she will be overly remorseful and I will only feel bad. On dh's advice, I am now hiding my dirty clothes. Isn't that weird? We've only been here a few days and she has done our laundry against our will at least twice. I should add that beyond this particular quirk, she is a lovely, balanced woman.

Katje, I have a home visit w/ my mw scheduled for the day after we get back. Like you, I'd like the house to be presentable. Dh thinks that's beside the point. I dunno. In the eyes of a birth attendant, what makes a house suitable or unsuitable for a homebirth?

Quote:
if I'm only have ONE, why does it look like TWINS will be coming out of my A$# in 4 weeks????
Bears, I can totally relate. In fact, I'm so happy to be away from home, where all the neighbours, acquaintances, cashiers, etc. are convinced that I'm past due with multiples.

My dd has been tantruming an hour or two a day. Yesterday she kicked me in the belly and I freaked. I honestly don't think that I have forgiven her. I spent the afternoon contracting. Dh and I went out last night alone to review our approach to tantrums. We're at a loss. I'm having trouble spending any time with my dd, when I envisioned this as our last hurrah. Dh looks as though he wishes he had joined a monastery instead of starting a family. I've been fantasizing about going away on vacation alone. I don't think that our dd's behaviour can be blamed on the upcoming baby, because she's so weird about the baby that we never talk about it in her presence.

Madrone, your birth plans certainly aren't off topic. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you will get the birth you want. Oh, and I'm sorry that you got sick in public.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo
I am sitting here laughing to myself because only in my third trimester could a thread with so much information about other women's cleaning schedules be of such interest to me. I actually think, Carpet cleaning, that's amazing. Silverware drawer, done that. I even go so far as to feel jealous of those of you who are progressing in your nesting. .
: Oh lordy! Okay, and I'll go one step futhur. This has got to be the only time in my life when I am actually interested in things like the bathroom functions of other people b/c I want to know that they are going thru what I am!

Oh, and btw, I still giggle about "no sids for dodo"
Old 07-06-2004, 02:50 PM

That is what DH is calling me. This guy and I had a chat on Wednesday about kids and computers. We both have 14 year old daughters and 12 year old sons. He also had an 8 year old and I have smaller ones.

I am sad, but this one didn't hit me as hard as the mother and child.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1638&u_sid=1140121

Otherwise, I need to be nesting. I am at work today and ready for a nap. I can think of a half dozen things I could be doing. I did clean out a drawer in the kitchen a few weeks ago. Does that count? Last night was hard- i burned the crap out of my fingers on the grill so I was't up for much but whining. The cats have decided the baby blankets are a good place to nap : I need to shampoo my carpets.

I do not let MIL do my laundry either. Goes back to when I was living there and all my 'cute' undies she gave to SIL. She wasn't used to have another female of the same size with undies and I wasn't willing to go hunt them down out of SIL's drawer. My mom feels keeping up with the laundry and dishes means the house is clean. That is about all she does in her house and I appreciate not having to do it in mine. Poor mom spent the better part of a day trying to 'unpink' a bunch of towels. They were cleaning rags and I didn't care!

Bathroom functions? I have progressed to using moist wipes because I can't seem to reach well enough anymore. How is that for TMI, Lena?
Old 07-06-2004, 04:17 PM

Tiff - glad you popped in. I emailed you ages ago but must of gotten lost in the wide world of computer chaos. Glad you guys are hanging in there. Good and bad about the Netherlands.

I'm around. For me I am slowly withdrawing into my own world. As labour approaches I get pretty hermitish and that apparently applies here too. I am reading up though.

I have an appt weds and mon. Don't expect much. I dropped about 4 inches since last night which makes walking a real joy. Never happened before with the other 2 pgs. DH said it makes my breasts look perkier again!

Been throwing up in the am for the last couple of weeks and wake up in the middle of the night with an upset stomach. It's keeping the weight down - not like it's hard it's so hot and humid - who wants to eat.

Ready for normal clothes and to feel attractive again. I am so tired I just feel worn out. DD still doesn't sleep the night and DS is back in our bed. Just in time for the new one.

GTG - DH is off at the moment so we are going to get the car cleaned and I'm going to stroll around BabiesRUs. Not that I have a single thing I need - that's kind of a downer about #3 being so close behind the other 2 plus having 1 of each sex.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:54 PM

:
Hey mammas...man I am waaaay behind...so sorry....

Melissa let me see what I can find for you as far as a homeopathc remedy goes for your little friend.

Madrone/Tiff soo good to see you! Sorry about the anemia...and the puke episode on the bus ...your poor girlie...

I can only relate to all of you who are mentioning to much baby-baby-baby and not enough attention on our little ones that are here now. DS is regressing a bit by saying he doesn't want to do things by himself anynore like -pee-feed himself- put his shoes on ...ect..all of which he was fine doing before this last month or so..I feel so bad...he is 4 and really is excited for the baby, but I can see that my 1st baby is still needing me to baby him too....so trying to make the most of our days together this month mean a little more than just the regular day in day out stuff....

utoh...that did not sound good ds and dh upstairs and I hear a boom and now ds crying..gtg......

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

Old 07-06-2004, 07:36 PM

Only have a sec. Just a correction, it wasn't a public bus that I puked on. It was in our VW Bus. But since it is a bus, it isn't carpeted like cars are luckily. There's the metal and then some removable rubber/plastic stuff to cover the metal, and then small floor mats on top of that. I would have really been screwed and embarrassed if it was in a public bus.

: madrone - : SAHM to 12 y.o. DS, : 9 y.o. DD, and : 4 y.o. DS
Old 07-06-2004, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, a VW bus. That's much better. I would be humiliated if a public bus had to pull over for cleaning because I had puked on it!
Old 07-06-2004, 10:02 PM

hey ladies... Feeling very very very tired today. Can't keep focused on anything--except reading these posts. But even that exhausted me. I also don't feel much like eating. What's up with this? I just want to curl up and snooze and let Dh do everything. When I wake up I'll be graduated and all ready to have this baby asap! I'm getting sick of being pregnant--yet loving it at the same time...isn't that weird?
Old 07-06-2004, 10:13 PM

last night after writing to you guys, i dug around in the fridge until i found what i suspected was lurking back there.... a jar with just a little bit of my precious Scharffenberger dark chocolate sauce! about a tablespoon left in the bottom.

so i find the vanilla ice cream and nuke the sauce, and boy it's smelling gooood... and of COURSE that's when dh decides to voluntarily get up from his precious computer game and sashay into the kitchen! argh. i love him but DAMN i really had a hard time gritting my teeth and saying "hi, honey. i'm having a little treat, would you like some too?" and of course he got all wide-eyed and said YEAH!

sigh. i did the right thing and shared, instead of knocking him over with the fry pan and dashing into the backyard with the bottle and a spoon and hiding in the hedges until it was all gone. i should get a medal.

katje
Old 07-06-2004, 10:43 PM

Hi everyone! Great to hear from each and every one of you. Madrone, your puke in the VW trial reminded me that I've been meaning to ask the following:

If you're planning to travel to the hospital (our trip will be something like 45 minutes), are you taking some precautions to protect your car? With my last labor, it seems like fluids just plain came pouring out of orifices randomly (yep, yuck, but true enough), but we were home, and the labor took up an entire weekend, so it didn't seem like such a big deal. But what if you have a real fast-paced labor and have to be in transit? And how do you go about handling cx's while in a vehicle? Do you ride in the back seat on your knees?
I'm feeling so relaxed about our upcomming delivery except for the issue of the trip involved. I feel like if I can get past this one hang-up, I'll be finally ready to concentrate on preparing myself. I know it's common enough, tho, for people to travel a distance similar to our's while in labor, but I don't know anyone personally that I can ask.

Who asked about the 'roids treatment? I know that you can make your own wipes with witch hazel and that it's cheaper to make them yourself than to buy tucks, or whatever they're called.
I also wanted to mention to you all that along the lines of homeopathic skin/membrane help, I am such a big fan of Bach's Rescue Remedy Cream. Comes in a bright yellow box, not too expensive, totally benign. I'm not one to personally go in "whole hog" with a lot of the theories behind homeopathic remedies, but this stuff was great for me and my very battered perineum. If you have any trouble healing your tender womanly tissues after birth, you might want to try it. Took the kick out of my uncomfy hemorroids as well. Very soothing. Good on diaper rash, too. I mention it b/c we all have some very sensitive tissues that are about to take a major battering and it's not like most doctors even know the stuff exists, let alone would ever recommend it.

Who was talking about the intimidation of cleaning out little girl parts? I'm sure in the beginning that DH was intimidated by keeping DD clean, but I'd say those days are way "behind" us. He-hee. I myself am a bit concerned about what to do if this next one's a boy and we don't have him circumsized. Girl parts, I know all about, but intact boy parts are new territory for me.

HOpe you all have a very good evening....
Old 07-06-2004, 11:56 PM

Helloooo Ladies,
Well, DH just got back from his trip out to get us some ice cream (I say "we", but you all know it was for me only!). As my treat gets sufficiently soft, I have some time to write.

DS is having many of the same issues that a lot of your kids are. He's alternately very quick to cry, gets very frustrated very easily, and yet has become SO DAMN snuggly! He just wants love and kisses and hugs and is really into giving it back, now, too. It's too sweet-bittersweet, really. This whole time is really a mixed bag of emotions, isn't it?

I have another doc appointment tomorrow morning. DH is coming with me with DS. This starts my weekly visits. And my nether regions are not their most beautiful right now. Not like I care that much, but a hemmoroid and I *think* a coming on yeast infection are making me feel oh-so-glamorous. Am I painting a pretty picture yet, girls??? :

Ilove-Try the witch hazel. And I've heard good things about herbal sitz baths. Haven't tried the Rescue Remedy cream but sounds great. Moist wipes are a good idea. I was in a friend's bathroom the other day and she keeps these kids' wipes by the toilet for her daughter. I was thinking they'd be good for me, too!

Lena-I am torn between thinking that it's just going to be hellish introducing DS to the new babe and thinking it will be bliss. The truth probably will lie somewhere in between like so much else in life!

Dodo-I know, I know. Part of the reason I'm feeling so anti-social is b/c of the HUGENESS of my body right now. Believe me, I've accepted this bod on so many levels (I talked about my body image issues during this pregnancy), but I know that acquaintances are often aghast at me size! Could be my own projection a bit, too...

Magemom-I don't know what is worth, my bathroom functions and the state of my a$% and va

Ketilave-Sorry again you're still getting sick. Also, I completely understand withdrawing at this point. And you probably know this aspect of yourself even better with it being #3. I'm just want to curl up-read a bit, and stop analyzing/thinking/intellectualizing everything. I want an "empty mind" right now-like BFW talks about...

AP-Sounds completely normal about your DS. Mine is going through the snuggly thing, and wanting me to hold him a lot. It's just going to be SUCH a HUGE change for all of our kiddos-no matter how hard we've tried to prep them. We can only give them as much love as possible now and after the babes are born. Was it someone on here that said that with a new baby and an older one you have to kind of save your adoration of the babe for when the older one isn't around? Like with DS, we could just fawn all over him all the time. That might not be the way we can do it this time around...

christeeny-No, not weird at all! Feeling the same way-I want my bod back and at the same time I'll miss feeling this little being inside me...

Katje-VERY protective around here with my snacks!! I would have high-tailed it outside if I were you... but you are a better woman than me!!

Foxy-Thanks for the recc. about the Rescue Rem cream. I've never seen the cream version...I'm always on the look-out for a multi-tasking product! Good for me, good for DS and babe...

Anyway, ice cream is sufficiently melted now. If you must now, it's B&J's Pnut butter cup. And honestly, girls, I don't always act so self-indulgent. Really. I actually have a food conscience when not preggers!

Sleep well all. I'll let you all know about my appointment. I'm meeting with a doc that's due when I'm due and she's tiny, tiny, tiny... :
Old 07-07-2004, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiEarthMama
sigh. i did the right thing and shared, instead of knocking him over with the fry pan and dashing into the backyard with the bottle and a spoon and hiding in the hedges until it was all gone. i should get a medal.

katje

Better woman than I!! :nana:
Old 07-07-2004, 02:24 AM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions about the hemorroids. I have tried them all except the Bach's cream. Do they sell that at health food stores? I will pick some up! Warning TMI again! Actually someone on another thread suggested tucking it up back inside and that helped the most. It stopped the throbbing pain. Now it keeps popping back out, but it helps for a while. Everything else seems to aggravate it more than help. Isn't it funny how something like this can jjust take over our minds? All I thought about today was this. I laid down on my left side as much as I could also. I was also very tired today, poor ds watched way too much tv!

I am also a little worried that baby moved to transverse. Is anyone else as neurotic as me? I can not WAIT until my next mw appt to see how she is laying in there. It isn't until MONDAY!!! But at the same time, it is hard for me to tell b/c it feels like my whole belly is baby with little feet poking out here and there.

I will be estatic when I feel this baby's head drop down!

Samurai-you are a better woman than I also! I don't know if I would have shared!
Old 07-07-2004, 06:48 AM

I had contrations last night from 6:20pm until 9:30..every ten minutes...mild contrax and period like cramping down low in front...called MW and she said off my feet and water water water....thank goodness they never picked up in frequency or got stronger....so she says we will also do an internal exam this morning when I go in for my VBAC testing at 11 am. I do not think the contrax did anything...I think I was just on my feet to much yesterday and not enough H2O. So we will see...

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

Old 07-07-2004, 10:14 AM

in an effort to appease the 4 year old, I added smilies to my sig

He loves to look at the happy faces. 2 year old just calls them all circles!

(I need a hobby) :
Old 07-07-2004, 10:51 AM

That is a bit scary! Glad they stopped for you. Tomorrow I have my appt and will be 35 weeks. I have decided anytime after tomorrow works for me If I could hold off another week that would be fine- I do have some things I need to do after payday. Not that I have had any reason to think I would be early with this one. I can't believe I am starting to concider induction at exactly 40 weeks with this one.... and why would that be? Aug 15 is the kindergarten cut off....
Old 07-07-2004, 01:40 PM

Wow, a lot of excitement for me today and tommorow. I had my carpets cleaned and the guy who did it offered us his German Shepherd. His other dog attacked and killed the neighbors dog so they need to find another home for both dogs as the neighbor is really ticked off. We'll see. He said she's really sweet, and I told him that we would have to be extremely picky about any dog we brought into our home b/c of having little kids. DH would love to have a GSD at home.

I also have an OB appt. today. I plan to refuse any vaginal exams if they want to do one (I don't know if they will be planning to do the GBS swab or not). Last time I went by myself with DS it was horrible sitting there on the table waiting with just a little paper thing over me while DS ran around trying to get into things. He knows very well how to open a door and I was so stressed out trying to keep him out of stuff and away from the door while having no clothes on my lower half!

I am going to do my shopping for things to entertain DS while I am in labor and afterwards when he comes to visit us at the hospital. Tommorow I am meeting a local MDC momma at a mall, and then DH comes home I might get a pedicure at the mall if DS is cooperative. I need to get a haircut too. I want to cut it really short (think Halle Berry's short style) so it is easy for those first couple of weeks.

Magemom- you are cracking me up! I don't have any hobbies that I would actually admit to any random person. Somehow I don't think most people would consider obsessisng about cute diapers, handknit soakers, and the ways to clean them as a very healthy hobby. Sorry to hear about your coworker.

Traci- Can't wait to hear how your appt. went. Hope the contractions were harmless

Melissa- I'm so sorry about your 'roid troubles. It sounds very painful I am worrying about this babies position too. Even though she has dropped, she still manages to some how turn the wrong way on me every so often. I start getting a horrible ache in my tailbone when she does it. I'm worried about having a back labor as I've heard they are much longer and much more painful.

Bears- yum, ice cream. I hope it was good. I'm not feeling weird about how I look in my nether regions this time around, but I have had no interest at all in hanky panky w/ DH since baby dropped. Very different for me than last time. Anyone else feeling that way? Poor DH.

Foxy- hadn't even though about protecting the car. Thanks for the tip!

Katje- I would not have shared w/ Dh. I would have eaten it right in front of him smacking my lips. Of course my DH doesn't like most ice creams, candy, chocolate, ect (yeah, I know. He's weird)

Christeeny- I'm feeling the same way. I'm tired and uncomfortable. I am sick of being in my pregnant body, but I am also so happy to be preggo and want to stay preggo as long as baby needs

Madrone- I'm glad it wasn't in public. After feeling so terrible having strangers looking at you too would have been horrible

K8- I feel like withdrawing too. I start too, but then I get bored. It's like I don't have energy to do all the things I am normally occupied with. I'd really like to just lay down for an awesome nap each day. Maybe I will today with DS when he naps.

Have a great day ladies. Grow some babies!
Old 07-07-2004, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena_girl
Magemom- you are cracking me up! I don't have any hobbies that I would actually admit to any random person. Somehow I don't think most people would consider obsessisng about cute diapers, handknit soakers, and the ways to clean them as a very healthy hobby. Sorry to hear about your coworker.
Thanks, we got he official notice today. About the dipes- it is something you do. I have become a MDC addict recently. I can't hang out on my yahoo groups at all. I went no mail on them a month ago for computer trouble and didn't turn them back on! As to anything non computer related? Nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena_girl
but I have had no interest at all in hanky panky w/ DH since baby dropped. Very different for me than last time. Anyone else feeling that way? Poor DH.
Ok, you started it. I wanted to say something but didn't want to sound mean. DH started a new med that may have sexual side effects and he was really worried. So this weekend he nearly killed me. (worn out) I felt so bad that I didn't see him not being able to have sex for the next 3 months as a problem! So this morning I had some hugely sexy dream and I jumped HIM! I am sure he loved that.
I am huge, uncomfortable, can't reach well- not feeling particularly sexy. Not to mention my boobs hurt! But then I was thinking about those 'prolactin deposits' speeding up labor and am thinking I need to figure out how to get more. It could be the meds I am on. It could be pregnancy. Heck it could be my fear about getting pregnant again while pregnant. (am I the only freak who worries about that?) I have 5 kids with 5 forms of b/c... it isn't totally out of line.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:16 PM

:
Back from appt.
The contrax did nothing major and my cervix is starting so soften but not a lot. SO I was just dehydrated and too much shopping under my belt yesterday.
I did opt for the GBS test since it is so non-evasive....my CNMW/OB office do not do any routine testing but she said if I wanted it she would do it so we did...

My iron level was low so now I have an iron supplement to take 2x aday...

I gained 2 more pounds,and everything looks fine for me to VBAC.

The baby is weighing in now around 5 pounds 10 ounces by the US.....we made it through the US and are still unknown to the sex of our baby! ! I was so proud of dh for not giving in to the tempatation of finding out!

so that is it for me...I am outtie.....

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

Old 07-07-2004, 05:58 PM

Apmama!

So happy that all the testing went well and the VBAC looks like it is a go!

Speaking of sex.... Is it okay to have orgasms all the way through the pregnancy? I seem to be becoming more ummmm excited, recently and orgasm fairly easily. (Which unfortunatley is not usual for me...) I feel it is okay but would like some confirmation. I don't want an pre-mature baby or anything. :eel

A couple of 'roid treatments...

A paste made from powdered comfrey root can be used in poultice to heal bleeding hemmorrhoids.

An elderberyy poultice can relieve the pain associated with hemorrhoids. A mullein poultice can be used as well.

Other beneficial herbs...buckthorn bark, collinsonia root, parsely, red grape vine leaves and stone root taken in capsule or tea form.

Of course make sure these are all safe during pregnancy! I don't believe their are any contraindications here but you want to double check.

I am also feeling slightly uncomfortable these days. Starting the "waddle" and having a hard time sleeping soundly. This next month will be a doosy I can tell already. But it is all good! Anything for my healthy, beautiful baby.

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 07-07-2004, 06:04 PM

I am usually up to reading on our Thread two or three times a day to stay caught up but I have felt like doing nothing but resting this week. I ended up going to the Dr. office w/ my sister yesterday. It was her 17 week apt. and I was again concerned w/ the baby's lack of movement. We heard the heart beat nice and strong 145 bpm. so I am feeling better about it again. Then that afternoon we went swimming and that felt great. TMI to follow.... I am feeling such incredible pressure down low, specially rectle pressure. I am having nothing but pee and the runs. So gross. I am drinking like a mad woman trying to stay hydrated but I don't know how much of it I am actually retaining. Having lots of BH but they don't hurt. Sometimes 10 in an hour. I am just not concerned about it though. I did try to check myself and gosh darnet my fingers are so short. So I got nothing as to report.
Today I finally got to see my chiropractor after about 4 weeks. I cracked and popped all over. But the best thing was when she popped my left ribs back into place. This little baby has taken to propping her feet up under the ribs on the left side. OUCH!
Sorry no responses this time around. I am enjoying reading up on everyone right now though! Maybe I will have more energy later.
Bye For Now!

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
Old 07-07-2004, 06:40 PM

I had an appt today also. Mostly just gossiping with my mw. I did the GBS too - I know I have said this before but my CNM is the only HB midwife for MILES - I'm not a fussy pt so I let these things slide to help her "cover" her bases. Did an internal too. The baby is not breach and has dropped some - but while we were there she backed out for a bit - looks like by the end of the day she settles in low and is trying to duck into my pelvis. Totally new as neither of the kids dropped before. Last time my uterus was posterior and not so this time. Won't do any more internals from here on out. MW likes to feel around the pelvic cage to get an idea of alignment to help come up with good positions to labour in.

More to say but GTG
Old 07-07-2004, 07:48 PM

I am absolutely lost - I cannot keep up with this thread now

Just posting to say I am still here thoguh.

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
Old 07-07-2004, 08:02 PM

I'm lost too! I like yahoo, personally. Soon enough, I know...

So, I'm still hanging in there. MW appt on Friday. Hope she doesn't try to rag me too hard about the baby being "too big". According to U/S last week, it's already 7 pounds and they think I'm not due until August 23. I might rethink fudging my dates next time. LOL. (I'm really due a week earlier, so not too terribly different).

My best friend from high school is on her way here from California. Her flight was delayed, so she doesn't land until 9:37 tonight. Ugh! I could send DH, but that seems rude somehow, since I'd likely be asleep when they got home. I'll just suck it up and pick her up myself. I'm really hoping she realizes how low key her visit has to be. I mentioned to her on the phone the other day that I'm just not up to doing much, and she sounded kind of disappointed. We'll see how that goes.

I probably never should have agreed to her visit, cause I'm totally feeling like a hermit these days. Don't want to be around other people, just stay home, nap in the afternoon, read books, swim in our neighbor's pool, play with DD, that sort of thing. Starting to nest in a small way. Suddenly realizing that in just a few weeks, all that stuff that's sitting in boxes (diapers, baby clothes, etc) is going to HAVE to be used. Yikes!

Good news, though, is that DH has agreed to a cleaning lady! Woo-hoo! I'm so excited. We normally give ourselves an entertainment budget of $50/week, and we eat out with it. I wheedled and moaned until he agreed that we only need to go out every other week, so I can use the remainder of the money on a cleaning lady! YAY! I just know once the baby comes, I'm not going to be in much of a mood to eat out anyway, so it's a nice way of getting what I really want all along. LOL. I really hope I can find someone for that price!

Traci! What great news about your VBAC appt. I'm rooting for you girl! You're a couple weeks ahead of me, so I'll be watching you, if it's not too much pressure. You can do this!

Cheryl - orgasms are just exercise for your uterus. The more you can fit in before baby comes, the better off you'll be. Tell your DH it's Dr.'s orders. LOL.

Wish I could say something to everyone. Just know I'm thinking of you!
Old 07-07-2004, 08:26 PM

I also had my appt. today. 36w 5d. I went ahead and did the GBS this time since DS was actually being good My OB checked me at the same time and said "Oh, WOW, are you dialated now! I think we can be pretty sure that this will def. be a July baby." We'll see though. I'm still holding out hope to make it to 40 weeks. I finally gained as much weight as I was supposed to since my last appt. DO you think it could be because of all the candy I've been eating My weight gain is almost 18lbs! Doctor said baby is still looking to be a nice size though. She could feel the exact position baby was in and said it was perfect

Glad to hear about all the good appts. This is when it starts getting exciting!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:44 PM

add me to the list of ppl that can hardly keep up lol...

i'm seriously retreating into my hole it seems...i've hardly read/posted online lately and i'm becoming a recluse/hermit irl. nesting like crazy, but overwhelmingly exhausted all of a sudden. i am napping each day when the kids do again like i did w/ the first trimester.

traci, k8, and lena, glad y'all had good appts...wow lena, a july baby? awesome! i'm not due till the end of aug (still unsure of dates though) so i'll bet i definitely have an aug baby...

speaking of, mommycaroline - i've measured big this whole time which is really odd for my pg's...we're looking at baby being 9+lbs at birth, but i'm totally unsure of dates...i know i had that u/s at 7wks to date this pg, but the dr did it, not the u/s tech - so i'm not sure how good he is at them...plus, my only 3 af's after having shelby were aug/sept/oct...if i had a period anytime in oct (even if my first day of LMP was oct 31), the baby would be due no later than 8/8, how'd they get 8/21??? i'm so beyond knowing anything at this point...i'm hoping to gain some insight on monday when i go back to the doctor.

User Tag List