Mid July12th-22nd Chat - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 149 Old 07-18-2004, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlylibby
Hi guys!! My water broke at 7:00 tonight!!!

Awesome!! Will be thinking of you and sending all kinds of real contrax vibes your way!!
#122 of 149 Old 07-18-2004, 11:28 PM

I am soooo excited! Go have that baby!
#123 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 12:35 AM

Kimberly called me a little while ago from the hospital. She felt she needed to head in. They are getting her ready for the CSection, Katie will be here soon! She is nervous/anxious/excited. Keep praying for her!!

aisling
#124 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 01:05 AM
Banned

#125 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 02:36 AM

Wow - we have our first baby! So exciting!

I'm feeling like crap this morning. I'm super dizzy and am sick of being so constipated from the iron tablets. But maybe the dizziness is from the anemia and so I need the iron. My blood levels are up from when I started taking them at least.

Take care all - Madrone

: madrone - : SAHM to 12 y.o. DS, : 9 y.o. DD, and : 4 y.o. DS
#126 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

WOW!!!! a baby... a baby!!!!
Kimberly best wishes!!!!

Aisling keep us updated!

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#127 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Oh :LOL
Aisling did that already for us!
Thanks!!!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?p=1765503

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#128 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 01:22 PM

sigh... our first baby! i can't believe we're here already...

many warm congratulations to kimberly and her family... can't wait to see the pictures!

i went in to work with dh this morning (they have an onsite gym) and walked a mile on the treadmill. i feel like i should get a medal or something... it was NOT easy! baby is low and bouncing on my bladder... but i'm glad i did it.

the ben folds concert was OK... no seats, and they wouldn't let me bring in my camping chair. it was just set up in a parking lot. it was a total abercrombie&fitch crowd, which was strange (i'm in the tie-dye and birkenstocks). there was another band first that wasn't so great, but ben was up second and he totally rocked. i'm not sorry i went, but i think i'm done with the party circuit for now!

i feel like i could just curl up and read and nap and knit all day. there's so much cleanup i need to do, and i'm having a hard time getting motivated to start moving.

so who do you all think will be number 2?

katje
#129 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 01:37 PM

Kimberly had her baby! Yep, ladies, there's going to be lots of babies coming our way............

Very, very uncomfortable contractions yesterday evening and then dreams of birth and a baby all night long. My back kept spazzing, which brings up the question:
What exactly is "back labor" that everyone talks about? I tried to look it up in Dr. Sears, but got nowhere. Again and again, I've had women tell me that they had a terrible back labor, didn't realize they were actually in labor because they didn't have recognizable cx's and just thought they had a terrible back ache. Whatever was happening to me last night was unlike anything I've ever experienced and I'm pretty curious about it.

Magemom, you and all your cleaning! Hope I get a burst of juice too..... the house sure could use it.

Made lemonaide from scratch last night for the first time ever. Made a syrup that will keep in the fridge for a while. It tastes soooo good that I'm sure we'll use it up way before it can go bad. Very easy to make. Let me know if you want instructions!
Who mentioned she had a recipe for baked ziti?

Take care, all!
-Leah
#130 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 01:42 PM

I'm bored. Because I was feeling so bad, I've been on here so much today. Normally, I have a hard time keeping up. Today, I'm sitting here waiting for a post. I did manage to finally go to the pot, so that has helped how I'm feeling quite a bit. Really wish I had that other problem like most of you all. But I've got the stupid iron tablets instead.

DH and DS went to a boat festival for the afternoon. I took a nap for a while, but that's about all I've done. Just have been so dizzy that I haven't quite felt like doing anything else. Looking at my house, I really need to clean. But I figure I won't be having this baby for a bit, so it will just be messy again in two days and I know I will be cleaning like mad a few days before the baby comes. Seems like a waste of energy to do it now.

Katje - Since I'm not wanting to clean like mad, I know I won't be the next. Do you think your lack of cleaning motivation means the same for you?

: madrone - : SAHM to 12 y.o. DS, : 9 y.o. DD, and : 4 y.o. DS
#131 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 02:34 PM

Yay, I'm making a little tiny bitty bit of progress. Baby is back down low enough for me to easily feel the head and I am a little bit more dialated! I'd guess at least 3 cm maybe more (Based on my last OB check and the changes I feel since then). I've been getting a lot of contractions and all so it's great to know that at least it's doing something. I'd be frustrated if it weren't! I think I actually almost feel ready for her to come. If my house would just get clean and stay clean I'd be completely ready!

What I've heard about back labor is that it is caused by the back of the baby's head being pushed against your tailbone during contractions instead of the face b/c the baby is facing the wrong way. It's supposed to be pretty painful and labor usually takes longer. I have a lot of back pain too though, and I know baby is facing correctly. My pelvis is just so loose. It keeps popping whenever I bend or move my legs. I think that's what my back pain is from. Last night I started getting pains in my groin too during contractions that feel like a pulled muscle. Anyone else? Ligament stuff maybe?

DH is getting so excited. He keeps saying that I have to go into labor during the week though so he gets out of work He's silly. He will get 10 days paternity leave and then back to work and back to all his trips. My mom is planning to come visit when DH gets sent away on his first trip so that I won't suddenly be left alone w/ a newborn and a toddler. She says she's going to take DS out everyday to have fun and leave me to be with just the baby

Sorry about your poo problems, Madrone. That iron stuff is harsh! I had to stop taking prenatals early on b/c I just couldn't poo. I'd go over a week and be in so much pain. Luckily I haven't had any anemia problems though. I hope your body starts to adjust soon.

Oh, and Katje, I'm going to be naughty and answer your question. I vote for Laurie being next since she had her first baby early and is looking like she's got some good prelabor going on You don't mind my vote, do you Laurie? Or maybe Kate? Who's got the earliest due date? My due date should be July 30th, anyone earlier than that? I still am guessing that I have another week or so to go. I feel slow
#132 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 02:39 PM

oh wow, I am so excited for kimberly I can't wait for mine! Hope to hear a birth story soon.

So, my baby shower was yesterday. I feel like an ungreatful whiner, but here goes anyway: A few months back my in-laws asked what we needed. We said diapers. I registered for diapers and they all said they would get us diapers. So, dh step-mom throws us the shower, which was really sweet and generous of her and I really do appreciate it. But NO diapers! Not one! That is all we need for this baby and instead we got a bunch of blankets and clothes, that we do not need! So now I am scrambling to order some dipes and hoping they will get here on time. And I feel so ungreatful, i mean they didn't have to get us anything. But I am so bummed. Well, it felt good to get that out anyway! Sorry for my mini-rant!

Ok, leah is the lemonaid recipe easy? I am not the greatest cook, but I am so into lemonaid lately! Maybe I'll give it a try. And back labor: I think its more common with babies that are postioned postieror, but I could be wrong.

Katje: Well, at least Ben Folds was good, right? I went to a rock concert (311) when 8 months pregnant with ds and it was not my smartest move. The band was great, but I was completely exhausted and uncomfortable and it just wasn't the same.

Magemom: I wish I could be productive like you! I am trying, though.

Well thats all for me for now! Hope everyone has a great day!

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#133 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 03:37 PM

Katje-I say Lena will be #2 around here (no pressure, Lena! ).

My girlfriend who I mentioned recently was experiencing early labor signs had her baby girl this morning! 7lbs., 2oz. Healthy, happy, etc. TWO birth announcements in one days... I'm getting all mushy, gushy, and happy over here!

All seems the same here for me. Still can't move very comfortably. Still having insomnia at night and for some reason DS has been waking up around 2am and just wanting to talk, play, etc. He starts asking me all these questions... and it's usually around the time I've fallen asleep, so it's a bit annoying. But with all the baby talk, errand-running, etc., going on around here I can understand how his cycles could be interrupted, too.

My mid back is killing me and I'm getting intermittent sciatica. No fun, but it's all for a reason, right???

Anyway, sorry I won't be responding to everyone. DS is finally down for a nap and I want to get some things done. Bro comes into town tomorrow night and have to clean, etc. Although I have to say that feeling the way I do, and having so much going on in our lives is a HUGE lesson for me on LETTING GO of the little things.... Just can't control everything. And if the house is a mess, well, so be it.

Thinking of all of you. Perhaps I will be able to check in again tonight...
#134 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 06:31 PM

My first edd is July 23 but don't look to me to have a baby anytime soon. At my apt this morning I was told I have a good 2 - 3 weeks to go.

Jillybean - I thought about going to a 311 show last month(?) and thought that was no place for a pg woman. Last yr I took DS to a Roots show (I was 8 months then too) and ended up thinking DS was going to experience his first high (contact).

gtg make dinner for the brood.
#135 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 06:38 PM

Congratulations Kimberly! My vote on the next goes to Lena...although someone else's water might just pop and get things going too. It is hard to tell!

I have been having more uncomfortable braxton-hicks today. A few an hour, but nothing too bad. Does anyone else's belly really make some funny shapes during contractions? My right side will rise up really high sometimes, and the baby is on the left. I think baby is settling farther down, and I too have either the groin ligament pain or maybe pelvic pressure. Last night my belly button popped, but this morning when I woke up it was back in again. I guess I am not quite done... Last pg it never popped, but I also had baby by now too.

I have been so stinking tired today too! After I got up, had breakfast and took a shower, I was ready to go back to sleep. I seriously thought about going to the store, but then turned on teh tv for ds and fell asleep. We did go after lunch, which when we got back we both took naps. Dh took ds for a bike ride. I feel so bad that I don't have any energy for ds right now.

Better go...bye!
#136 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 06:56 PM

Had my 34 week appointment today with one of my midwives.
All is good on the baby front here. Li'l Bug is head down, and quite firmly planted in my pelvis already.
Heart-rate was in the 150-range, my blood pressure was 110/70. I haven't gained weight again ! I think I'm sweating out any extra weight right now.

I asked her about thier views on labouring and birthing in water, and she was very supportive.

I asked about if there is a point where they require for a woman to be out of the tub - no there isn't.
If I want to stay in and have the baby there, then that is up to me.
Ruptured membranes made no difference.
She did say that if there was a significant decel in fetal heart rate, that they would likely ask me to get out of the tub, as well as if there is meconium.

I'm not sure where this particular midwife is from, but she did say that she sees a lot less interest in waterbirth in this area than what she saw before she came here.

So - I feel wonderful about the appointment.
And even more convinced that I am NOT going to make it to 40 weeks.

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#137 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 07:01 PM

well one of the midwives at the bc I go to just called and said my GBS came back positive. I am really upset. I know its not that big of a deal, but I really don't want to be hooked to an IV and to subject my baby to powerful drugs before its even born. To complicate things I am allergic to penicilin and amoxocilin so they are trying to decide what to do. I am off to do some research about GBS and what I can do. If anyone has any info off hand I'd really appreciate it.

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#138 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 07:25 PM

Jillybean, I have a friend who just had a baby and there wasn't enough time to get the antibiotics before the baby was born. What they offered her was two choices - oral antibiotics for the baby and she could go home right away, or she could agree to stay in the hospital for 48 hours of observation. That's with an OB. I'm not sure if you're planning a homebirth or not, but believe me, there's ways to work around this.

I also have a terrific email composed by a midwife out in California whom I really respect. I'd be happy to forward it along to you. In fact, as long as your email is correct in the link next to your name, I'm just going to go ahead and do that. It's too long to post here.
#139 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiEarthMama
the ben folds concert was OK... no seats, and they wouldn't let me bring in my camping chair. it was just set up in a parking lot. it was a total abercrombie&fitch crowd, which was strange (i'm in the tie-dye and birkenstocks). there was another band first that wasn't so great, but ben was up second and he totally rocked. i'm not sorry i went, but i think i'm done with the party circuit for now!

Yeah, I remember being 7 months pregnant and heading to London for a concert. Those were the days! (ds1)

#140 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytocin
What exactly is "back labor" that everyone talks about? I tried to look it up in Dr. Sears, but got nowhere. Again and again, I've had women tell me that they had a terrible back labor, didn't realize they were actually in labor because they didn't have recognizable cx's and just thought they had a terrible back ache. Whatever was happening to me last night was unlike anything I've ever experienced and I'm pretty curious about it.

Leah, I had pretty good?? back labor last time. I never felt like I was in labor till my water broke- 10 hours later. When I got home from the hospital I looked over the 'time' sheet and was shocked to see I was progressing 8-7-6-5 minutes apart the last 4 hours. They didn't feel real yet, but obiously were. Hands and knees or kneeling were the only positions I could handle.
#141 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean
So, my baby shower was yesterday. I feel like an ungreatful whiner, but here goes anyway: A few months back my in-laws asked what we needed. We said diapers. I registered for diapers and they all said they would get us diapers. So, dh step-mom throws us the shower, which was really sweet and generous of her and I really do appreciate it. But NO diapers! Not one! That is all we need for this baby and instead we got a bunch of blankets and clothes, that we do not need! So now I am scrambling to order some dipes and hoping they will get here on time. And I feel so ungreatful, i mean they didn't have to get us anything. But I am so bummed. Well, it felt good to get that out anyway! Sorry for my mini-rant!

Bummer! DH tells me the other day MIL offered to get us something if we needed it and he told her we didn't. Uh, hello! Where is the car seat dude?? LOL
#142 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean
? I went to a rock concert (311) when 8 months pregnant with ds and it was not my smartest move. The band was great, but I was completely exhausted and uncomfortable and it just wasn't the same.

311 was playing here this weekend, free, but I was not up to it. Pretty bummed, but I didn't see it happeneing. Turns out it was great, the fireworks after spectacular, but I did throw out my back cleaning earlier Saturday so better that I didn't go.
#143 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 07:53 PM

Ugh. I so do N O T want to be cleaning, but I KNOW if I put it off it won't happen. The carpets are nasty. Everything I did this weekend I had been putting off for weeks/months and I know I won't get done after baby is here.

My mom said cleaning out the fridge inside and out was nesting last time. Trying to convince her it was a monthly thing really freaked her out. I am not doing that this time because of the floor (hardwood) and I don't want to scratch it.

Carpets aren't going to clean themselves and I can't seem to convince folks not to take food out of the kitchen. Guess I had better get up!
#144 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena_girl
DH is getting so excited. He keeps saying that I have to go into labor during the week though so he gets out of work He's silly. He will get 10 days paternity leave and then back to work and back to all his trips. My mom is planning to come visit when DH gets sent away on his first trip so that I won't suddenly be left alone w/ a newborn and a toddler. She says she's going to take DS out everyday to have fun and leave me to be with just the baby
Lena, this is exactly what is going on for me too! my Dh said today and yesterday "so you think you can talk the baby into coming this week?" as he is looking to a long work week again of overtime. My mom is taking vacation the first two weeks of August hoping the baby will come sometime in those weeks so she can take ds#1 and play..LOL...

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

#145 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 09:25 PM

LOL, you ladies are bad bad bad! I'm trying to convince myself that labor is far from immenant so that I don't feel bad as days pass where I haven't gone. ANd anyway I would really like a nice big baby Everyday though when I start having contractions I start thinking, could this be it? Blasted OB telling me I would go anytime. So I'm just going to try to keep convincing myself (and all of you) that I have at least a week to go. A week from now I'm sure I'll say the same thing.

Oh, and I have a stupid neighbor gripe. Went out to get the mail and this neighbor guy came outside. He yelled "Woah!" and stuck his belly out really far. Then he yelled "Shouldn't you be on your way to the hospital?" Oh man I wish I could have said that I was having a homebirth. He wouldn't keep yelling. Then he's asking if I'm having a girl because "you're carrying really high!" What?!? This baby is just about as low as possible I think without me actually being in labor. I had a lady yell at me yesterday too. I was holding DS and waiting for her to pass so I could cross the street. She had her windows down and was glaring at me. Then she yelled "Ya'll need to quit blowing stuff up!" What? Yes, as a SAHM wife to a Marine I MUST blow stuff up for fun and the war is all my fault! Anyway, sorry for the griping, but people just bug me sometimes.

Anyway, I'll try to reply to everyone tommorow morning
#146 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena_girl
Then she yelled "Ya'll need to quit blowing stuff up!" What? Yes, as a SAHM wife to a Marine I MUST blow stuff up for fun and the war is all my fault!
We have some left over fireworks if you want to blow those up... about 3am, under her window
#147 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 10:18 PM

Here we are at page eight again.

I have started a new chat thread
here

See you all there!

p.s. I still have to catch up on this one, which has really taken off since the birth of our first baby. I will post a list of topics in rotation soon.
#148 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magemom
We have some left over fireworks if you want to blow those up... about 3am, under her window

Ha! Ha! That is hilarious. What nerve for that woman to be rude to you like that. That is exactly the type thing that would get me upset. You deserve a gripe.

Yall I am so excited for Kimberly. She has put up with so much--she must be so relieved that it is over.

I just completed my last Monday as a student teacher. Yeah.

My feet are so swollen. It is upsetting because I have made it this far without that problem and now suddenly they're nasty. I'm sure it is the over doing it and the heat and the lowness of the baby--I think he's on some vessel that cuts off blood in my legs.

My trip went well and I saw many of my family that have never met my husband of 2 1/2 years. They are kinda pretentious (sp?) and couldn't believe I traveled there (only 3 1/2 hours and one state away mind you) in my condition. Yeah driving that long made my feet swell, but staying overnight in a hotel with no whiny toddler to wake me up at 6 AM was kinda nice. Like a mini vacation. I missed Ben alot but felt really comfortable with him being at his grandparents. I know he's in great hands. For example he woke up at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep in his pack and play so he slept in the bed with them. how sweet.

I wanted to say to you all that when I bought a dress at motherhood the other day ( I know it is so soon to due date, but I need something nice fore graduation!) I recieved a gift bag with a Avent bottle in it. I know most of us think bottles are the devil here but you never know. (I know I'll be leaving new babe with a bottle of expressed milk every now and then) and if it has to be a bottle, I really do like Avent the best AND it was free! So go check it out. Maybe there would be some nursing night gowns or bras that you could get and get a little gift bag or something. Unless you think bottles are the devil and then you can give your bottle to me! (he he just kidding)

Pregnancy symptoms today.... back ache back ache back ache and groin pains like someone else had mentioned. Hmm.... wonder what it means. My maternity clothes are pretty tight. I don't have much time left in them.

Cleaning.....I keep a pretty clean house in my defense, but last night.....I Saw a MOUSE! We caught him and got rid of him but still. I'm totally mortified and disgusted. I WILL be sanitizing the entire house tonight. Vaccuming behind all furniture, moping all floors, bleaching out and vaccuming out cabinets and behind washer and dryer. (that's where he came from) I want to be sure that i don't find any evidence of him having any family or friends in my house) I don't mind bringing a baby home to a moderately messy (lived in) house but I REFUSE to bring him home to a house that a mouse has been running in. No way
#149 of 149 Old 07-19-2004, 10:37 PM

This thread is closed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page