Mid July12th-22nd Chat - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since we are on page 8.... I thought we could use a new start....

what to wear at the hospital
nursing bras/sizes/when to buy
Lena's pending labor
Liz's Q about 2 or more
freckles/getting hairy
Great site suggested by Madrone for slings, nursing bras, and more

and everyone just getting really excited about a baby coming soo very soon!

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#2 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 10:35 AM

LOL, I don't know about pending labor. I'm def. doing something, but who knows how long it will go on? I am not trying to do anything to encourage it b/c I'd rather stay preggo longer I want as big a baby as possible. Who knows. I guess I *could* go anytime but I also *could* stay like this for 2 weeks +, right?

I'm not worried about 2, but I was in the beginning. My tummy pouched out right away and I was worried that meant it might be two, but then my tummy stayed like that for a while. I think I didn't wear maternity clothes all the time until almost 6 mos.

DH has been so wonderful lately. I think the sudden change in me has really shocked him. Suddenly I'm slow and waddling. I'm in pain a lot of the time, and for the first time really wishing I could get out of the preggo body. He's starting to annoy me though with his "you okay?" everytime I make a noise when I have some pain somewhere. I am SOO glad that he is finally here for good and not going anywhere until after the baby comes. Reminds me, Bears - is your DH home now? So anyone else's Dh starting to be overly attentive?

Have a good day ladies
#3 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 11:08 AM

ketilave: where do you get those leading lady sleep bras? I hate sleeping in a bra, but I know I will need to, so I want as comfy as possible!

I keep looking at those decent exposures bras, too. They are kinda pricey, but it sounds like they are worth it. I think i'll wait for my supply to even out a bit then order one.

2 or more yikes! No i'm pretty sure there's just one, there better be anyway! That actually happened to my best friends mom. They were expecting only her brother and then surprise! Her sister was hidden away in there, too! I would just die!

Ok I am feeling so lazy and kind of crappy today. I think we will have a stay home and take it easy day today. That means lots of videos for ds. *sigh* oh well, I'll make up for it tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#4 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 12:11 PM

Hi everyone! I have to confess that I am not completely up to speed with everything going on. I have not been on the computer since July 8th so when I logged on and saw I was behind like 4 pages I just skimmed.

Let me see if I can remember everything I wanted to say.
Lena: yes about DH. He seems to be overly attentive when I don't want him too and not attentive enough when I really NEED his attention.
I am feeling so many different things these days. I am extremely emotional. My poor daycare mom dropped off the kids this morning and asked how I was feeling and I just cried. Luckily for me she is such a sweet person and a good friend. She was so understanding.
Saturday I had my baby shower. It was so nice to see people that I haven't seen in ages. Everyone was sooooooooooo generous too. I never expected quite so large a turn out and so many gifts. After the shower was over most of the rest of the day I had some pretty strong contractions. But thank goodness they never panned out. I went swimming that afternoon to relax and take the pressure off my body. The water was heavenly.
Sunday started off pretty good but I quickly grew tired. I took a 15 min. cat nap between ensemble practice and the start of church. When church was over my DH took me to Spring Creek BBQ. It was so delicious. We then met some friends and went bowling. (I love going bowling) I'm not too good at it but my DH must have been having an off day cause one of the rounds I beat him by 50pts. When we got home from church that evening I was in an emotional tizzy. I walked in the house and just felt overwhelmed. Toys everywhere and a kitchen sink full of dishes. All the bedrooms, including this little one soon to arrive, where full of unfolded clean laundry. I was so tired but motivated at the same time. I got started on the living room but kept having to sit down due to low pelvic pressure and contrx. My DH made me go to bed after I finished the living room and I picked up where I left off this morning. My mom called and said she would come over at 12:30 when she get's out of school. She will be a huge help. I just have an overwhelming feeling that everything has to be cleaned right away. I was 36 weeks on Saturday. My first DD was born at exactly 37 weeks. Maybe that is why I am going nuts and feeling so much urgency to get things done. I have a scheduled midwife apt. on Thursday afternoon and I've thought about letting her check me, but then again I know no matter what she finds it won't give me a clear indication of when this little one will arrive.
Sorry I missed so many of you, I will try to make time to log on atleast once a day so I can stay caught up.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#5 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 02:28 PM

Hi All,
Thanks AP, for starting us here...

About bras-I just purchased two Glamourmoms Nursing tanks. They are really, really comfy and you can easily wear them under clothes or by themselves. They are pricey (I splurged), but comfort is SOOOO important to me that I thought it was worth it. Also, from last pregnancy and early months (and actually I still wear them) I have two Mothewear sleep bras. I am usually a 36C, and I don't need as much support as some moms who are bigger, but these are really comfy.

Hi Lena! Yes, DH got home last night. I don't think I've ever seen DS so excited. We met him to take him home and the scene was like out of a movie. I was all emotional (surprise??) and DS just wouldn't let go of daddy. He actually was such a muffin for the most part while DH was gone. The only time it got bad was Saturday late afternoon into Sunday before we got DH. I guess he had had enough of being without daddy, and my single mom stint was becoming too long for me!

Ahhh, I have to check out Madrone's site. Gosh, I could really, really spend a lot of money very easily! So many comfy, cool things for us expecting and nursing mamas.

Just found out my bro will be visiting us for two nights next week. He lives in Indianapolis and I only get to see him about 2x/year. He will be here on business so w/out my nieces and SIL. Which actually works well considering the timing. I warned him that I may have HAD a baby by then or be in labor. In any event, he can easily stay in a hotel locally if something should arise by then.

This week I'm 37 weeks (on Thursday). I just am SHOCKED at how fast this whole pregnancy flew by. I still don't feel like we're ready, at least I KNOW I'm not quite there in my head yet. Having worries about managing my HN little guy and a newborn. But I will survive! As we all will (cue the music...)

Well, that's it for me. DS just went down for nap and I am going to try to enjoy this time with some knitting and lunch-eating. It has been literally pouring BUCKETS here since early am so DS and I are hunkering down inside. More later, ladies...
#6 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 02:53 PM

hi, everyone!

bears and lena, so glad your dh's are home... mine leaves for four nights on wednesday and i'm not thrilled about it... but if i'm really feeling funky, he'd stay home. so i'm gonna try and suck it up so he can go have a good time... and when he gets back, i'm gonna be the queen!

bears, your weeble comment made me laugh! i was im'ing with a friend the other day, saying i felt like a weeble... later i said the darned cat kept trying to trip me on the stairs, and she said, "don't fall down, or you'll be a disgrace to weebles everywhere."

jl, listen to that little voice! try not to do too much, but i bet your instincts are right on. let your mom do most of it, stay hydrated, try not to get overwhelmed, and don't overdo it! we're all nestin' fools now...

i woke up around fivish with some really low, menstrually cramps. i had a b/h cont. when i went to the bathroom, and the cramps down low really helped make that b/h a challenge! got back to sleep ok, but i just felt all stretched out and achey way down there. i think the kid is just settling lower and lower, and those ligaments and muscles are getting tired of holding him/her up. i don't think we're going anywhere with this right now, but it does feel like i'm another step closer to meeting this little one! 38 weeks today...

got some deals on closeout stuff at target yesterday... some receiving blankets marked down half price, all cotton. oddly, i couldn't find any flannel-backed tableclothes (you know the kind... waterproof but soft on one side... they're to protect the floor when i put the tub down indoors). but my old standby, ebay, came to the rescue!

the kelty backpack was delivered on saturday... it's spectacular! (we had an rei gift card from our wedding last year that we hadn't used... dh said go for it!). i can't believe how much nicer it is than the tough traveller stallion i had for my dd and ds about 13 years ago. i've been out of the loop so long! they've been improving all sorts of things... can't wait to see the carseat, that's probably gonna knock me over too!

now all i need to find is two diaper tables (one for upstairs, one for down) and a glider rocker that will fit my ample behind.

dd came back from boston last night, and ds2 comes back from CA today. ds1 is in CA until next tuesday, then i'll have all my kidlets back. oh man, how i've missed them! but it's also been nice cleaning the house and having it stay neat for more than one hour...

take care, all you magnificent mamas!

katje
#7 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 03:59 PM

Had appt with MW again. 95% sure the baby is head down but posterior. Lots of backaches and things. You guys crack me up with talk about having the baby soon. I am 38 weeks this week and don't think I am even close. That's ok though - what's another month when you've been pg for 3 years. I have been pg for 26.5 months since July 1, 2002!

Need to go shopping for Amelia's birthday this weekend. I need to order a cake and figure out a menu. I am getting some of my family together. I like to entertain. I can't believe she is going to be 1. She's my baby - but then she is trying to play with Brannon and the other 2yo and I think about what a big girl she is becoming! Time flies.

We had a ton of fun last weekend with a backyard water party for Brannon and his friends. Next weekend I have nothing planned so who knows what chaos I will create and then I have a wedding July 31 (edd #2) that I absolutely refuse to miss. One way or another I will be doing some last minute shopping to find something to wear - it's an evening wedding! If I'm still pg (and most likely will be I don't think flip flops and a tank top will cut it!)

Here's the link for buying the sleep nursing bras I like...you can get them at Motherswear also but this place is free shipping. http://store.yahoo.com/breakoutbras/nursleepbra1.html

Later ladies
#8 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 04:55 PM

Katje, I have an ample behind too, and I tried nearly every glider out there. I finally decided on this one: http://tinyurl.com/4qbpu It's pretty pricey, but it's one of my favorite pieces of furniture. And, it has ample hip room. I like the padded arms, too. We keep it in our family room, so it gets used all the time. Love it, love it, love it! I know lots of people who bought cheaper gliders, and the cushions wear out, or they start to peel or whatever. Ours is as good as new, three years later with a toddler who loves it probably more than I do. And, good luck with your DH gone. Hopefully the time will fly past.

Ketilave, I love breakout bras. If you buy from them once, they send you a coupon for your next purchase. I'll have to dig around and see if I have mine anywhere, if anyone wants to order from them.

Laurie, go easy on yourself, hon! Let your mom take over and go rest up!

Bears, so glad your DH is home again. I bet that was tough. But what a sweet reunion.

As for us, just biding time. My best friend from high school is out cruising Tally today, checking out the area. She's thinking about relocating here from California and she's been here for a week. It's nice having the house back to myself. I feel bad that I don't want company right now, but honestly, I just want to hide away in my hole. It's been nice visiting with her, but I'm done now. (don't tell her I said that!) She leaves tomorrow, so I can get into the nesting vibe I'm starting to feel. Got to get the crib put together, boxes unpacked that have all our baby stuff, diapers washed, newborn clothes collected, Bonnie's room unpacked, yikes! Lots of stuff to do!

Catch you all later...
#9 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 06:12 PM

Hi everyone -

Kimberly - I'm not coming even close to your 45 minutes to make an Asian carrier. I'm not really following that pattern exactly though. I read instructions and looked at pictures for quite a few different ones and ended up deciding that I would kind of combining them all. I am doing two different carriers out of the sari fabric. I got the adjustable pouch finished on Sunday, but haven't gotten the asian carrier completely sewn up yet. Intended to finish it today, but I had to get some paperwork done and then we decided to go to the beach.

Which on the beach, I really love where we live now. It is just so much nicer than the tourist town where we used to live. We were the only ones on the beach and the beach where we were is beautiful. I ended up taking off my clothes and having DH photograph me with my huge belly. We only had the digital camera, so we've been able to see them already and some of them turned out nicely. While taking them, 3 sail boats and two sea kayaks passed by on the horizon and one woman jogged by. Then two children about 8 and 10 came to play and they were looking when they first got there, so I decided that we had taken enough photos. A little bit later, a male jogger came by and then two families who were out for a walk, so that was a good time to end our photo session. This is July. In our old town, we might have had 30 feet to the next set of people on the beach. Here, no one else was on the beach until the two children came. It's so wonderful to be where people live (meaning they work and have lives and don't spend all of their days lying on the beach) instead of having a herd of tourists for the summer. I just am so much happier since we moved. And we did get some nice photos. One is a profile with the sun behind me, so that I'm more of just a profile and it is lovely.

It's getting late and my back hurts, so I'm off to bed. Take care - Tiff

: madrone - : SAHM to 12 y.o. DS, : 9 y.o. DD, and : 4 y.o. DS
#10 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 06:23 PM

back from my ob appt...baby has slowed down in his crazy growth spurts and is measuring on target (instead of 2wks ahead) now...he's in perfect position and we went ahead and did a vag exam since i'm 1.25hrs from the hosp and i'm having periods of regular contrax's...i'm closed, but soft and funneling...go back in two weeks for the gbs test.
i am exhausted from our day trip into the city, i'll come back to reply to everyone later, need to rest now.
#11 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 09:06 PM

I used Platex nursing bras last time, but NONE fit this time. Right now I have 2 regular Victoria Secret bras with an extender in teh back (makes the straps fall down. I bought a 40 D Olga and it is too small in the band!!! I have hopes it will fit after delivery. I think I am going to tray Bravado. I have to have bras.
#12 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 09:08 PM

Tomorrow we find out how many babies are in my sister's tummy. She has 2 yo ID twins and is already wearing maternity at 8 weeks. We were concerned last time there was a hidden 3rd.
#13 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 09:31 PM

Well I don't think I could fit two in my belly and since my mw said she would bet 2 million dollars that I DIDN'T have twins I think I am okay .

Speaking of going early...I have had some light bleeding? I haven't had any vaginal exams or intercourse anytime recently so it is making me worry a bit. My mw thinks my cervix is just preparing and becoming more "sensitive" but with all my issues ealy in this pregnancy I really don't like seeing it. Plus I am only 36 weeks (tomorrow) and REALLY need this babe to stay put for at least one more week!!! I have a feeling I am just overreacting as the baby is still very active and no major contractions or anything. Hardly even any bh's! I will likely be around here for a good 5-6 weeks, praying this baby will come out.

So any good stories about early spotting would be appreciated...

Madrone, your beach sounds lovely. I live in a pretty touristy area but you can find some nice, quiet beaches if you really know where to go.

That's all for me ladies.
TTYL
Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#14 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl
So any good stories about early spotting would be appreciated...
how about I bled from 37/38-40 weeks with no problems? It started as spotting that worried no one and I worked myself up to a pad 1-2x a day and no one was worried. I also bled with each contraction while in labor and lost alot of blood when my water broke. Had a very healthy 11 pound 4 ounce boy a day earlier than I expected, 5 days late to 'them'.
I had never bled before but all tests said things were fine so we ignored it.
#15 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 10:08 PM

Thanks! It is great to hear that (for me that is...)
Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#16 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 10:17 PM

I had some bleeding around week 35 with #1, Ds was born in week 38. My doctor said something about that sometimes when everything stretching and getting ready that a little blood vessel pops somewhere. I don't remember exactlly what he said but it was something like that.

I have been feeling a lot more "normal" today. Yay. DH has a uniform inspection at work today and was hoping I'd "get him out of it" LOL! SO he has spent the evening starching, ironing, and measuring exact placement for all his medals and such. I'm sure shoe polishing will be next.

Have a good night ladies. I've been waking up a lot due to pretty bad crampiness, but I think I will be sleeping better tonight
#17 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 10:28 PM

Hey Nature-I've heard that some late-pregnancy spotting can be okay. I'm sure that doesn't help you to stop worrying, but hopefully with all the BTDT experiences popping up here, you'll feel better.

I am worried, too, about going early as we still have some stuff to day. 37 weeks on Thursday, so I think this babe is "baked", but still, I worry. I'm not mentally ready. But then again, are any of us, REALLY? Okay, you could all prove me wrong and say, YES! YES! to that questions. But I guess I am simply referring to the awesome responsibility and grandness to raising children!

Magemom-I was so excited to try Bravado, but I got one, and the elastic is a big old pain in the butt. It rides up, under my breasts, becomes uncomfy, etc. Plus, even after washing and stretching it out a bit, the bra doesn't look good anymore. I know someone who sells them and she has had this same complaint before. It's such a personal thing, like what kind of underwear you like, but it would be great to hear resounding praise for one particular brand.

Anyway, just checking in again and had to get in on the bra discussion. Having insomnia a lot lately b/c my mind can't get settled AND my body hurts. Also, feeling some pretty heavy mid-back pain today and tonight. This is weird. I assumed I would feel it lower when it got to be bad. Perhaps my babe hasn't droppped down yet.

That's all...
#18 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

:
Had this huge response typed out and the the electric went out and *poof* there went Traci's post...
so ...try again

Lena/Bears- Glad your dh's are home!
Lena .... hoping for more womb time for your little bean too...

TY for the bra talk..I need to find one myself..asap..as this is the last *to-do* thing on my list..and I am getting antsy:LOL

My mom and I converted a comfy cotton short today into a skirt for me to wear at at the hospital-not short; knee length-roomy and drawstring. I also got a cotton comfy sports bra type thing to wear so now my belly will be exposed for the EFM and I will still be easy access without the beautiful hospital bare behind gown. Only spent $10 on the whole outfit so if it get ruined no big loss....

Pain....ahhh yes..I hear all of you on this one..I feel like my lower back is going to break and my pg belly is going to pop if someone pokes it. I probably should put my hip brace back on as my hip locked up on me all day today...I looked like I was doing the robot dance anytime I tried to get around today....

Naturegirl on the spotting...I am sure your MW is right....put your feet up for a bit and drink some chamomille tea.....

I am 37 weeks tomorrow
Going to my last LLL meeting until baby comes and then Wednesday starts my once a week appts with MW/OB and Thursday last AP meeting until baby comes...much running for this pg belly and me this week...next week my appt book is free Yippee!!!

ok gtg
can't sit here any more...ooooouch

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#19 of 149 Old 07-12-2004, 11:16 PM

Bears--You read my mind! I went to the glamourmom website to look at the nursing tank/bras. They look really tempting, but like you said, pricey. Tell me all about them. Are they stretchy? You said you don't need that much support, but I DO. Do you think they would offer enough support for sleeping? That's what I had in mind. I was thinking about getting one, but I was going to post a question about it here first. I'm just in shock that you beat me to it! Has anyone else tried them???

I just bought two more maternity camisoles from motherhood today. I was avoiding spending anymore money on maternity clothes but I finally decided that I would probably get as much use out of them post partum as I would in these next *few weeks*. Can yall believe that? I was invited to a kinda fancy engagement party, and I was thinking about treating myself to a new outfit. However....that will probably be the only time I will ever wear it, because OUR BABIES ARE COMING SOON!
#20 of 149 Old 07-13-2004, 12:39 AM

Hi everyone,

Had a mw appt today and everything looks great. Baby is in a great position, which is always great news to me since ds #1 was breech. I was antsy with this pg b/c my water broke at 37 weeks. That is less than a week away! But I really think that this baby is goign to cook longer too. I think it is funny that we are all getting so antsy and ready for baby to come soon. This is the August group right? So close, but yet so far...? I wonder how many of us will be moaning and wondering the h*ll is this baby in a few weeks?

I am trying to remember too that a baby is indeed coming. I have been so preoccupied with birth with this pg, that I have forgotten a little that I am making a new life that will be changing all of our lives forever.

I watched some water birth videos today which were good. They all brought tears to my eyes! I can't wait!

I am also sorry, I can't remember whose baby was breech still, but I hope that they turn for you soon! I am surprised how much this baby has moved around during this pg, since I have been mapping it out so much. My sil baby also turned at 38 weeks, so there is still some time!

Hang in there everyone! Good night!
#21 of 149 Old 07-13-2004, 10:09 AM

I think that there is a big difference btwn 33-34 wks and 37-38 wks. I no longer feel as though we are all at the same stage. I haven't bought my diapers, washed my baby clothes or set up a diaper changing station. Nursing bras are still in the distant future. I don't even know where I'm going to give birth yet.

I had a massage yesterday. It didn't help so much with the physical aches and pains, but it seems to have evened out my temper, which was getting a little pointed. Last night dd had a tantrum in which she hit herself until she bled and I was able to feel disengaged (e.g., she had a full day and needs to go to bed, but is having trouble because there are guests over) rather than devastated (e.g., she probably has a psychiatric problem). When the guests were talking about how their now adult and nearly-adult children always went to bed at eight on the dot, I was able to keep my perspective (e.g., maybe he went to bed early every night of his young life but now he causes you heartache because he is failing out of school and smoking too much dope, or because his wife left him and he is hiding out in a third-world country where he can drink himself to death for less). Every parent-child relationship has its downs, and this violent tantruming thing is one of ours.
#22 of 149 Old 07-13-2004, 10:31 AM

Dodo- I hear you on the tantrums. I used to have to hold DS because he was so spastic and everywhere. Finally, he realised all he was doing was hurting himself and now he just melts down to the ground. As long as my kids are happy, healthy and safe I figure I am doing a good job.

I have diapers but I haven't washed them yet. I went out and got shower curtain liners at the $store yesterday. Have a bulb syringe and some chux so I'm about ready as I am going to be for this one. With DS I was prepared, and then 2 weeks late and not working so kept doing stuff. I have things I still haven't used! Actually, this time around we got rid of stuff realising how much junk we have and don't use for the kids.

DH is out most of the week. Gone today - around tomorrow and then gone until late Sat. Still feeling pretty sick but DS is being an angel these days just playing with his trains and DD is sleeping. Can't complain a bit. MW and I talked about the end of pg misery mixed with false labour/prelabour stuff. She said the more kids you have the earlier it starts and the trickier it all gets. For me I have BH often enough that it's easy to blow off stuff until I just can't walk or talk anymore - then I might believe I am in labour.
#23 of 149 Old 07-13-2004, 01:19 PM

Hiya! What an experience for in utero baby! .............just got back from seeing a new chiropractor. Been having really uncomfy cx's the last few evenings and thought maybe getting all lined up again might help. Anyway, chiropractors are a pretty new thing for me.........I'd never seen one until last August, and I went to him about 5 times over the last year when in desperate condition. He was not one to discuss options (like exercises) and my situation would get more comfortable temporarily but not improve. So I tried a new guy today and all I can say is WOW. He worked all up my spine, was extra careful how he positioned my belly in the chair, used some sort of vibrating thing on my back muscles, lectured me on diet and weight, and then followed up the session on a table with some sort of mechanism that rolls and surges under your back. Yo. He says my target weight is 65 lbs under what I'm carrying now. It's always so shocking to hear it put frankly, isn't it? Given my build, I'd say it's not quite that extreme, but I agree with him completely that it would make a differene re: bodily comfort and posture.
The whole experience really shook the gestating kiddo up tremendously. One hour later and the babe is still rolling around in my belly. Seems to me that this is the sort of thing that could induce labor.
Maybe it wasn't such a wise thing to do?

As for me, I feel about 2 inches taller and completely befuddled (the way you get sometimes after a good massage........your head's all cloudy, can't seem to focus on anything.) Like I've been drugged.

DD was positively angelic at the office...............and she sure didn't have to be. All the trouble these kids can give you, and then a moment of perfection wipes all the bad vibes away.

Madrone, being naked on a beach right now sounds like such a wonderful extravagence. So good that you could do it!

Oh, and Cheryl, I wish you didn't have the bleeding but it is very heartwarming that you got such a quick response from others on this board.

-Leah
#24 of 149 Old 07-13-2004, 02:30 PM

Thanks ladies for all the supportive responses. I feel like such a whiner over something so little. It IS only a tiny bit of dark spotting but I wish I had at least had some good sex to give me good reason for it! (That hasn't happened for over a week at least ) I still worry about the baby though. What if I have placenta previa or placental abruption! . I know worst case scenerios and the bleeding isn't bad enough for those...But you know how it goes.

Has anyone felt just pooped? I hardly even want to move! I spend a lot of time sitting or laying down. It has really just hit me the last couple of days or so.

Thanks for all the input on nursing bras! Wow there are a lot of choices. I think I will likely go with the sports bra idea. They are do comfy and the snaps on nursing bras seem so cumbersome.

I feel for all of you that are running after young ones. I can't imagine where you get the patience and energy. You are all such wonderful mamas!

Well I gtg. Dh want to use the computer.
TTYL!
Cheryl

#25 of 149 Old 07-13-2004, 02:31 PM

leah, i've been wanting to go to a chiro for the first time, but i'm not so sure now's the best time either...while i say i'm ready to not be pg anymore, i know that's just my exhaustion and hormones talking and that i'd rather wait till at least 38wks to deliver...

speaking of exhaustion, am i the only one who's reverted back to 1st trimester "gotta sleep or i'll die" exhaustion? i'm so tired all the time!
it's nap time for my kiddos, so i'm headed to catch a nap myself now - tty mamas later!
#26 of 149 Old 07-13-2004, 02:36 PM

Hi all,
What a nice surprise to wake up this morning to 72 degree weather-NOT the 90 degrees it has been. I can breathe again...

AP-I like you idea of converting the shorts to skirt. I wore the standard issue hospital gown last time and that was fine, but I know now that a few touches of my REAL life (not hospital life) may make me feel better. I am a creature of habit and have three Lands End supima cotton night shirts that I wore throughout my last pregnancy, too. And they are really comfy. So, if one of my old ones gets messed up, I won't mind. Traci-if the bra is the LAST thing on your list, you are WAY ahead of the game. And reminding ME to kick things into hight gear. Still have a few more little shopping trips to do and some more things to wash. Bag to pack, too...

Christeeny-My boobs normally are a 36C. Probably 36D when prego and a bit bigger in that beginning nursing phase. I forget what size they go up to (it's s-m-l-xl sizing). But I actually got larges and had to return them b/c I feared they'd be too small. They have a mesh inside netting-type thing and with breast access for babe. Very easy one-handed snap. Mine were $36 (I know, pricey). But I have a friend who SWEARS by them. I have only worn one of mine once so far and it was super comfy. It's such a personal choice. I just know that I like them thus far and we'll see how I like them after the bigger milk boobs come in. I think they would be fine for a larger bust, too. I just don't remember what size they go up to... : I may very well splurge on another real BRA before babe is born, too... That way I'll have three new ones in my rotation...

Hey, What kind of breastpads does everyone use or intend to use??? I used disposables last time and I'm considering ordering washable cotton ones. I wasn't a huge leaker the first time around, but I definitely needed something... any thoughts???

Ilove-Glad that your appointment went so well...

Ketilave-Yes, pay attention to those labor signs!I'm sure your MW is right own-your body may give you some mixed messages for a while...

Dodo-Sorry to hear about the tantrum. My DS (2.5) is very HN and spirited and prone to tantrums here and there. And it's SOOOO hard when you're around folks that are talking about parenting in this static way. Glad you could stay a little disengaged. It really helps in times of tantrums and flip-outs (that's my touch-feely word for it. HA!). I sometimes go the "he has a problem" thought and it's just not worth it. Just focus on your kid....harder to put into practice, I know when there are people over or you're in public. I have a massage GC waiting for me to use it and I haven't made an appointment yet. I may just wait until AFTER baby arrives.

Foxy-Yeah, I don't know what'st the best time to stop with massages or other activity producing things for our babes in utero. Maybe someone else knows. I'm sure all is well, just probably kicked things into high gear.

Well, I better go enjoy DS's naptime. Any of you about to fall over around dinnnertime? By the time it's clean-up time and DS is ready for a bath, I am ready for bed. At 7pm!! Of course, I rarely listen to my sleepy body and just keep staying up sort of late, relaxing with DH, getting him to give me foot rubs... ahhhh sounds good right about now!

#27 of 149 Old 07-13-2004, 02:38 PM

Oh, Christeeny-I ended up exchanging my larges for XLs which work fine for my size. See what they have available...
#28 of 149 Old 07-13-2004, 05:05 PM

One baby in there! (she already has twins)
#29 of 149 Old 07-13-2004, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Naturegirl and Heather, Bears...I am right there with you both I am soooooooooooo exhausted beyond belief and really I mean really uncomfortable....I swear I feel like this baby is coming out a little when I pee....my is soo tight/big~ it is so hard to sleep, walk you name it.... I think all of us are close in EED aren't we???

Bears...I am so anal retentive about having everything ready..almost OCD like.....I just cannot sit still if I know something needs to be done...

On the nursing pads issue todzwife here at MDC made me some great nursing pads of hemp and fleece velor and she also made me some really great sherpa wipes....she does great work and she is a great merchant pm her and I am sure she can help you out with some nursing pads...she said it was ok to put her name out there

I got a great find today at the local re-sale shoppe..... a snuggle nest for the baby to sleep in .......between you and dh on your bed-kwim?..not sure if I will use it or not but for $8 and like new...I can always re-sale it....it retails for $50

ok just a quickie...gtg

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

#30 of 149 Old 07-13-2004, 05:20 PM

Hey AP-Just like Christeeny thought I read her mind about the bras-YOU read mine about the snuggle nest. I've been considering purchasing one, but we didn't use one for #1. With a toddler in the bed, and being uncertain about whether or not baby #2 will sleep in the co-sleeper or directly with us like DS did, I wasn't sure...I didn't know they were $50!!!! We have a GC to BabiesRus, and maybe we'll purchase one there, but I hate to think about spending so much. Somewhere (in the attic, perhaps?) I have a snugglenest-type thing that was meant for a crib to keep babies on the backs or side when little. It's just this little cotton mat with two removable with velcro soft barrier things on either side. Perhaps I can use... although you're reminding me to check our local kids consignment store.

Oh, and thanks for the info on the breastpads... I'll think about getting in touch with todzwife...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page