**DONE** End of July, The Babies They are A'comin Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 145 Old 07-22-2004, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AHHHHHH.

Get this! I weigh 8 lb MORE than I did before I had her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good grief ladies! I knew my feet and legs were swollen, but wowwwww.

My bp was 170/88 so he's putting me on a diuretic for a month to get rid of the water and hopefully get my bp back to normal (110/70).

So I'm officially 60 lb above my pre-pg weight!!! About 20 of that was "true" weight gain and 40 was water at the end.

Gotta nurse Katie,

Kimberly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 145 Old 07-22-2004, 04:07 PM

Bearsmama~ Yup, that why I kept it all up, even when I didn't want to go. Because I knew that towards the end I'd not feel like weight lifting, and I need to get my body as strong as possible for labour. Hoping for another excellent labour this time.
And whew I know what you mean about mood swings! I had one last night. Everything just got on top of me. I had a good cry and that helped.

Weight gains? I have to say I have no idea how much I've gained. I could ask the midwives if I was really curious. But I don't have a scale at home. The numbers really mean nothing to me.

~Daednu
#63 of 145 Old 07-22-2004, 04:28 PM

Ohhhhh one more thing!

My feet have stretch marks!!! : i did NOT know that was possible!! Keith says they are cube feet. You know, as thick as they are wide

Kimberly
#64 of 145 Old 07-22-2004, 05:52 PM

:

Had my appt today and all is well.....
I have not gained any more weight..the baby is still measuring at 35 weeks?: (I am 38) CNMW did nto say anything either way about that...soo...
I had her do an internal and she said my cervix is far out of reach so she wasn't even going to try to reach it. SO baby still likes it womb home which is fine by me....

Kimberly
so glad to see you here and things are going well for you and baby Katie.
Sorry your health concerns are **** present but it sounds like your doc has you on the right path to getting back you BP.

Jill on the GBS issue....

Laurie..hope you get a negative today at your appt...glad you got some relief from your cold with the OTC stuff...ITA with the others on that one..you neeed the rest...

Katje I hope midwife got to make it to you today and gave you the you needed to hear....

Lena and Bears I know the t.v. has always been a non-thing for ds here too but I have opted to Sesame Street(I know I know-but I loved it when I grew up..but I must say I hate Baby Bear and cringe when I hear him come on !! I even try to distract ds and get it turned off it that bear shows up on SS) occassionally and I recently found a real live construction truck video at the resale shoppe for a $1 and bought it and he has been seeing that now too.....

Bears glad the brother visit was fun! I still have some things to get too like I ordered another diaper pail liner this morning since I have only one, ordered my baby soap from weldea and I need to get some baby hooded towels.
Thank you so much Bears for posting here about me..you are so sweet....

Everyone here is just great....thanks for all the support..... I cannot believe we are almost done. To think back in the begining when I started my first pg thread and Bears and Madrone were there seems so far away. Our group has grown and really has become a great group of mothers supporting one another....

Grow babies grow......we are waiting!!!

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#65 of 145 Old 07-22-2004, 07:22 PM

I have some pics to share:

Nursing
My feet/legs

Katie's in the hotsling on my chest asleep right now. My inlaws leave tomorrow, they've been entertaining Libby all week. It will be nice to be just our family again

I'm a little worried about her poop. She hasn't pooped in about 36 hours? She has had some orangey residue on her bumhole, and lots of wet diapers, but no poo. Maybe she's storing it up for a big explosion. We've only had meconium poos so far.... so the next one should be the switchover to bf poo

Libby is in love with the pumped milk Yesterday and today I've given her the excess I've pumped off (from engorgement) and she's just in milky heaven The il's are very disturbed about me feeding her breastmilk but whaaatever.

YIkes, I'm self-centered. I didn't respond to anyone!!

I hope you are GBS- Laurie!

Kimberly
#66 of 145 Old 07-22-2004, 08:18 PM

Kimberly - if she starts to get fussy you can always do the the thermometer trick!

Darn hot here these days with a whole lot of humidity. It would be nice to see the temp below 94 and skip a day of thunderstorms. We are in desperate need to cut the grass but the yard is soaked.

GTG - power just fluttered.
#67 of 145 Old 07-22-2004, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo
p.s. Magemom, I didn't realize that you were considering a freebirth.
Yup. Homebirth is illegal here (one of 2 states that make it flat out illegal) so I have few options. Last time I chose to go in since I was bleeding with every contraction. Everything was fine, but that was beyond my comfort level.
#68 of 145 Old 07-22-2004, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlylibby
Get this! I weigh 8 lb MORE than I did before I had her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good grief ladies! I knew my feet and legs were swollen, but wowwwww.
Wow. Now I guess I just found out where the 3 pounds I lost went.

Hope the diuretic helps!
#69 of 145 Old 07-22-2004, 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=ketilave]Darn hot here these days with a whole lot of humidity. It would be nice to see the temp below 94 and skip a day of thunderstorms. We are in desperate need to cut the grass but the yard is soaked.
QUOTE]

No kidding. We got drenched this morning. I woke up to pee and couldn't get back to sleep. I gave up and got up. How nice my house would have looked had I done the dishes and laundry and general pick up before bed instead of 5 am!
#70 of 145 Old 07-22-2004, 09:54 PM

Hi Everyone. Sorry I haven't been around for awhile. I have been trying to keep up with the posts but I am having a hard time finding time to respond.

Jillybean, I am having the GBS test done tomorrow. If it does come back postive I am still not getting the antibiotics unless the baby doesn't come out for a long, long time after my water breaks. I am getting the test done in case the baby has some complications with an infection after the birth. The history of a GBS positive will help to get early treatment. Although most GBS postitive moms have no problems with their babies anyway... My midwife said that she only does antibiotics about twice a year with her clients. The rate of transmission goes up something like 14 hours after your water breaks. So if you have the baby within the first 14 hours the likelihood of there being any problems from the bacteria is slim. Most women have their babies within that time frame.

Bears, good to hear from you. Glad you had a nice visit with your brother. My whole family lives far away (closest is about a 12 hour drive). Other than my in-laws that is...I haven't seen my family since I was about 8 weeks pregnant.

Magemom, I can't believe that there are still states that homebirth is illegal! That is just crazy : Hope you get to have a freebirth and everything goes great!

Kimberly, how is that blood pressure doing? Hope the swelling goes down and the blood pressure gets better soon so all you have to worry about is that precious little baby of yours.

Well I have a mw appointment tomorrow to see how everything is going. I don't feel like this baby is coming out anytime soon. I figure I have at least 3-4 weeks left. (I was 37 weeks on Tuesday) I get to pick up my birthing tub next Sunday though! I will relax a little more once that gets here. I really want that tub!

Talk to you ladies later.
Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#71 of 145 Old 07-22-2004, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl
Magemom, I can't believe that there are still states that homebirth is illegal! That is just crazy : Hope you get to have a freebirth and everything goes great!

I would honestly like to have someone available 'just in case' DH is for homebirth with a midwife. He is not thrilled about the freebirth. However, the OB doesn't even think we will make it so she is working with him on what to do.
The law changed last eyar I think. When I had my last it wasn't illegal, but alegal. Cease and disist orders went out and one lady is facing jail time for a healthy birth!! Now they make a big deal about how homey the hospitals are and everyone can birth there and if you can't pay the hospital should write it off. Never once taking into account you may WANT to be at home or a free standing birth center.

I do have a former midwife who would be willing to hire out as a doula, as long as she doesn't touch the baby or my nether regions she would be fine. I figure if the state says my options are solo or hospital, that is what I will do.
#72 of 145 Old 07-22-2004, 10:32 PM

I got back on the digi scale and that has me loosing 3 pounds from 2 weeks ago on the other scale, or a total gain of 10 pounds. Too bad I started at my pp weight from last time! Grrr.

No pelvic exam, HR was 140. She signed off on my birth plan (assuming I go in) shook her head but did not object to our weekend plans of Adventureland in Des Moines Iowa. (3 hours away) This will be our first ever vacation. We have never done anything like this- just go somewhere because we wanted to. Usually we go to someone's house because they are graduating/getting married/having a reunion. Mom gave us free tickets and they expire in August. Hmmm, go before baby or after?? lol. She said only one roller coaster and I said none thank-you-very-much.

Ketones in my urine, but it was at that point I realized I had had nothing to drink at all during the day. Oops. I sat down at lunch, realized I didn't have a drink and decided not to get up. I am much better when I am at work. Funny, I am looking at my calendar in the next 3 weeks, I really don't have time for working. Maybe I find out tomorrow if I may get laid off during my maternity leave. That could suck big time. I may not have time to work, but I sure do like the money!!

Went to Sam's club after the appt to buy a phone. Got a 5.8 ghz 2 handset phone to replace the one that stopped working right before the appt. Turns out someone tripped the outlet and our old one was just fine. If we stop doing stupid stuff like that we may one day not need me to work!!
#73 of 145 Old 07-22-2004, 10:39 PM

Jenn, how far from Lincoln do you live? If you are close and need to go to a hospital for some reason I would really reccomend St. Elizabeth's I had DS there and was very happy. Great nurses, low epi rates, whirlpool tub in every room, and I never had any problems with anything I would worry about (such as bottle issues, IVs, EFM, ect) I hope you get a great freebirth, but would just reccomend that hospital if for some reason a hospital were neccessary.

39 weeks tommorow I am so happy. With my weight gain issues I know the longer I can keep cooking this baby, the better off she'll be. It would be nice to get to August (even if OB says I won't). If she's not ready to come, she's not ready, no matter how long ago she dropped or how long I've been dialated for. I've been dialated 2cm now for 3 weeks, so I don't see how it's any indication of impending labor.

Anybody else getting angry red strech marks? The only place I got them this time was on my belly above my belly button but they have turned red like they want to bleed. Anyone else? What other weird things are you finding happening this late in the game?
#74 of 145 Old 07-22-2004, 10:46 PM

Lena, we are just south of Offutt. Not sure I want to do a 45 minute trip to a hospital, although we concidered it. Des Moines has a free standing birth center, as does Kansas city. If we expected my labor to be longer than a few hours, St Elizabeth's is where we would go. But it would mean leaving right away for a hospital and I know I don't want that.
#75 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 12:03 AM

Okay, I'm flying high right now! Babe is head down, I'm almost 100% sure. I have a doppler, and the heartbeat is now below my belly button instead of up near my rib cage as it's been for the past few weeks. Plus, I'm peeing about every 10 minutes, very small amounts, where for the past few weeks, I've been going much longer intervals. Thank GOD!!!

And, I found a miracle drug today. I'm taking Zantac, well, the generic really, but it's all the same thing. I haven't been able to eat for about 5 days now, cause my heartburn has been so bad. Plus, I've had this awful intestinal cramping and diarrhea (TMI?). Last night, I couldn't sleep, the heartburn was so bad, and that was the fourth night in a row of less than 4 hours of sleep. So, today, I broke down and asked "what can I take?" Midwives recommended Zantac and I took it. Heartburn is gone. I ate lunch AND dinner today! Woo-hoo! I have some energy again, which is something that's really been getting me down. I haven't been able to eat, so I'm just this lethargic slug, and everything has hurt, but now, maybe things are looking up! I'm hoping so. And, I really believe in my VBAC again, now that Babe is head down!

So, catching up...

Jenn, sounds like hiring your old midwife is a good alternative. If you know what you're doing, and you have your "just in case" person around, home births are so safe. Even unassisted. I know plenty of people who would only birth that way.

Cheryl, good luck with the GBS test. I think I'll be getting mine on Tuesday. For that matter, good luck to ALL of us as it's right around this time for everyone.

Kimberly! Yikes about the swelling! The risk of pre-eclampsia doesn't completely go away once the baby is born for some women. Keep a close eye on that. Did they run your blood work in the hospital before you were discharged? I'm so glad they let you go home when they did, but honestly, I'm surprised that they agreed to an early discharge because of your history. Keep on taking it easy, and hopefully it will pass. Those 40 pounds will probably slide off one night, but you'll be up all night peeing. I lost 30 pounds of fluid with my DD in one night, but I still had a catheter in me. They were in changing the bag every hour all night long. Looking back, I'm glad I was still catheterized, cause getting up to pee that many times would have majorly sucked. Here's some ***FAST DIURESIS*** vibes for you.

K8, what's the thermometer trick? I've heard it's really bad to insert a thermometer rectally, if that's what you're referring to. I'd say to just let Katie wait it out. Some babies just are like that.

Traci, you are just cranking along so wonderfully! Baby being high doesn't really mean anything, but you know that. You're so close now! I can't wait to hear about your VBAC!

Bears, Welcome Back! We missed you! Your enthusiasm is contagious. Glad to have you back.

Okay, well that's it for me. Catch you all tomorrow!
#76 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 12:06 AM

Oh, and Jenn, funny, I went to Sam's club and almost bought that 5.8 ghz phone myself. Instead I bought a VTech 2.4 ghz that works even if your power goes out. I'm thinking we might return it though, and get the 5.8. Are you keeping yours?

And, my mother's maiden name is Offutt. I never knew there was a town anywhere with that name. Funny!
#77 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 12:07 AM

K8 us too on the weather front ..we just today got a running chance and I do mean dh ran with the mower to get it mowed in between the rain for an hour or thunder-sunny break for an hour and ten times more humid then rain again.

Lena Wow I cannot believe you will be 39 weeks tomorrow! That is soo cool!

I have no stretch marks but major itching is coming back on my tummy...The only other thing is my appetite is just not there like it used to be??? Almost like I have to force/remind myself to eat.:

Cheryl good luck on your appt tomorrow!

Jenn have a great time on your vacation!

BBL

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#78 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 12:11 AM

Caroline we crossed posts...just wanted to send you VBAC ...You will do this!

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

#79 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycaroline
Oh, and Jenn, funny, I went to Sam's club and almost bought that 5.8 ghz phone myself. Instead I bought a VTech 2.4 ghz that works even if your power goes out. I'm thinking we might return it though, and get the 5.8. Are you keeping yours?

And, my mother's maiden name is Offutt. I never knew there was a town anywhere with that name. Funny!
Yes we are keeping it. We only had 2 phones in the house before. Sean (2 yo) likes to leave them off the hook and the basement is wired weird. I think it is set up for a seperate line, but we couldn't figure it out. The one we got, Uniden, can use the extra handsets with out wiring. Much better than $90 an hour for someone to figure out what is wrong! So now we have a phone in our room. The 2.4 is the same as the kid's wireless set up and the baby monitor so we tried something else.

Offutt is a military base, since Lena is a spouse and birthed in Lincoln, I figured she would know where Offutt is more than maybe the town we are in. I would assume it is named for someone, but I don't know the history of the base well.
#80 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 12:23 AM

Bears: good to see you. So glad you had a good visit with your brother.

Kimberly: I can't wait to actually see you in person. I am glad you and Katie are doing so well.

Lena: I keep expecting to sign in and see a post from you saying you are in labor. Just getting that labor vibe for you.

Well, my throat is feeling better as far as soreness go's but it's so dry I have been coughing all day. I chugging water but it hasn't seemed to help. Now my voice is almost completely gone. My midwife agreed with me that we should stay away from the antibiotics if we can and just use OTC to try and get me through it. She suggested getting as much rest as possible. She asked to check me because of the fall this morn. I didn't care. I'm now
3cm. 80% effaced and baby head down and low. She had a good heart beat nice and strong and my bp was 120/80 a little high for me but they were not concerned. I was not surprised since I'm sick and way stressed with my daycare kids. Anyway, it was good apt. I will be 38 weeks on Saturday. I can't believe how quickly this has gone by. Kinda sad. But I do look forward to holding a new precious baby in my arms and nuzzling her at my breast. Such a sweet thing to look forward too.

have a great evening ladies.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#81 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 12:31 AM

Laurie- are you keeping the daycare kids up till the last minute? Are you taking any time off after delivery? DH brought up again having me be a dcp but I am not sure I am up for it. I definately get stressed with my kids when i am home, but since it isn't full time it is harder than when I was home full time. Then to add other's kids to the mix I wonder if I should do it. These next few months will be interesting that is for sure!
#82 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycaroline
Kimberly! Yikes about the swelling! The risk of pre-eclampsia doesn't completely go away once the baby is born for some women. Keep a close eye on that. Did they run your blood work in the hospital before you were discharged?. Here's some ***FAST DIURESIS*** vibes for you.
!
Yay on head down!!

Yeah, they ran my bloodwork a few times at the hospital and it was 100% perfect.

My bp was still excellent (never over 130/80) at the hospital. Kind of nuts with the post partum pre-e though!! He put me on hctz (diuretic) and it is already working... I've peed every 10 minutes for 4 hours straight!! My toes can MOVE already!!!

Yippeeee!

My ob said he thought my bp would naturally go down on it's own if we get the water off... so I hope he's right

Gotta go nurse, someone is suckling her daddy's nose in the other room

Kimberly
#83 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 12:44 AM

Laurie, LOL, my DH keeps expecting me to go into labor anytime too. You know, I have LOTS of contractions last night and have felt a little *different* all day so I check myself a little bit ago and my cervix is so incredibly low, plus I could easily fit 3 fingers in, so I should be at least 3 cm right? I'm glad you are feeling better, and sounds like you've got a GREAT start already on labor!

Jenn, actually DH and I are from Nebraska so I'm sure I'd know your town. I am from Lincoln and he is from Waverly, actually his family's farm is in Greenwood but since that is a town of under 500 not sure if you know of it. So what town are you from (if you don't mind me asking)?

And yes, AP I can't believe it either. My dates are so messed up though that I don't know when my "due date" should be. OB office origianlly told me Aug 1st but they did their math wrong. It should probably be July 30th, but my cycles before getting preggo were really short (like 3 weeks) so I guess I could be even a little furthur along than that. I don't know, that's why I always tell people July or August when they ask when babby is coming. BTW, of course when I knew my due date wasn't Aug 1st I would never have left you wonderful bunch of women. I it here!

And Kimberly, hope you get your BP and fluids all leveled out.

Anyway, have a wonderful night ladies, I would be cleaning the kitchen but I can't find the sponge. Maybe I got jinxed by all the sponge talk
#84 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 12:55 AM

Oh-Oh..... hey Kimberly..I meant to ask you...how many cd's did you take to the hospital? and what were they PF? or fitteds?
I want to start packing and thought this would be a good place to start ...

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

#85 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 01:05 AM

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to check in about my appointment today. All is well. My doc felt some minor changes in my cervix-a little lower and could fit a bit of a finger in. Babe is head down (yeah!) and my GBS came back NEG.

I just have to vent one more time, however, about my practice. I can't believe I've stuck with them this long. They are just so, so busy that literally I think I saw my doc today for a total of 3 minutes and then she raced out of the room. And this included measurments AND an internal exam. I am just kinda pissed at myself that we didn't make it a priority to come up with the $$$ for the midwife way back in December. I would have had a whole different experience...

Two questions for you ladies: I just bought some nipple cream for those potentially painful, cracked ones after the little one gets here. I got lansinoh, which I've used before. And then I read that Lansinoh is not a good thing? I'm not anticipating using it a lot, and saliva works fine, too for sore nipples, but does anyone know about this?

Also, I use disposable dipes (I know, I know) and we have not purchased a diaper pail. We just felt that the last time the diaper genie thing got real stinky fast and we had much better luck just putting the dipe in a bag and bringing it immediately to the trash. Anyone NOT getting another pail/diaper can??

AP-Weleda makes a nice diaper rash cream, too.

Kimberly-Still can't believe that you are the first to have their little babe in arms! And BTW, I have block feet now, too. Also, are you consuming any amount of caffiene??? I found that with DS#1 my swelling went down a bit faster with small amounts of caffeine like some hot chocolate or a small ccup of coffee. I'm sure your diuretic superseeds all this, however.

Lena-I must be stretching in the same ways I did with DS b/c I haven't noticed any additional stretch marks. Some minor ones around my belly button-I've been lucky this time around. Still have the old ones tho!

Caroline-Glad all is going well.

Got a cute coming home outfit for baby today at The Gap on sale. Nice celadon green color with little hat and matching sox. Too damn cute!

Anyway, I know I've missed some of you. I'll tell ya, I miss just a few days and I feel sooo out of the loop....

Sleep well all...
#86 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 02:02 AM

Bears, I have never had a diaper pail when using sposies. I wrap the stinky ones in a small bag and toss. For the cloth dipes, I use a cat litter bucket with no water.

THe LC I saw said to use cherry chapstick on your nipples. I just used my own milk.

I am sorry your appt today was such a dissapointment. Mine usually runs way far behind, but I know that is because she gives everyone as much time as they need- me included. Today's visit was maybe 15 minutes, but no internal.
#87 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 02:28 AM

Okay, ladies, I'm climbing the walls here. I feel SOOOOO good right now! I haven't felt this healthy since before I got pregnant. No morning sickness, no heartburn, no pains anywhere. I just feel wonderful! I actually feel like the kind of pregnant woman who enjoys being pregnant for a change! Taking Zantac earlier was the best possible thing I could have done. Only now, I need to go to sleep. I've actually kept two entire meals down in a row, and they were good sized meals too, with zero repercussions. My morning sickness has come and gone throughout this pregnancy, never disappearing for more than 4 days at a time, but even if I wasn't actively vomiting, I was having intense heartburn, so eating was a real chore. Now, I feel like I could go to a smorgasboard and eat the whole thing!

I meant to post something to you, Laurie, along those lines, too, but forgot. If you need medication to feel good, and it's something that's considered safe or low risk, the benefits FAR outweigh the penalties. Take that cold medicine. Get rested. Your time is near, you need all your resources available and strong for the big day ahead of you (whenever that might be). Ordinarily, I scoff at medications when I'm pregnant or breastfeeding. In the four years since I got pregnant with my daughter, I've probably taken 4 Advil, and one of those was for post surgical pain after she was born. No other pain meds for me. And, I think I've probably taken 3-4 doses of cold medicines on the very worst days when herbal remedies and teas just weren't cutting it. I'm thinking I'm changing my mind on this one, based on how darned good I feel right now. It's so hard to remember you can feel better when you've felt like crud for so long.

Just had to share. I'm ecstatic and hope that it keeps up!
#88 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 02:38 AM

I don't know why Lansinoh wouldn't be considered a good thing. It was an absolute life saver with Sid, and I'm sure it will be for baby girl too. It is food grade. And it's the BEST lip balm ever.

We used disposables for the first while with Sid and found the Diaper Champ to be great. It's bigger than the Genie, and you can use regular grocery shop bags in it.

As for cloth, we're only bringing 2 nappies with us. We'll be at a free standing birth centre so we'll be in and out of there. We'll likely only need one, but I'm bringing two just in case.

~Daednu
#89 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsmama

Two questions for you ladies: I just bought some nipple cream for those potentially painful, cracked ones after the little one gets here. I got lansinoh, which I've used before. And then I read that Lansinoh is not a good thing? I'm not anticipating using it a lot, and saliva works fine, too for sore nipples, but does anyone know about this?

Also, I use disposable dipes (I know, I know) and we have not purchased a diaper pail. We just felt that the last time the diaper genie thing got real stinky fast and we had much better luck just putting the dipe in a bag and bringing it immediately to the trash. Anyone NOT getting another pail/diaper can??

AP-Weleda makes a nice diaper rash cream, too.
Bears, I just want to say cracked or painful nipples should not be expected. If you start having any soreness whatsoever, call a LLL Leader immediately! Or see a LC. I've heard some people say that Lansinoh is bad, but I've never had a problem with it. It's one of those personal decisions, I guess. But, if you have any troubles with nursing, get some help right away. Don't wait for the cracks to start.

I cloth diaper, but I use the Diaper Champ pail. Love it, love it, love it. I line it with a pillow case that's out of circulation, and it works terrific for me. If you want to use a pail, and stinkiness is an issue, they do make diaper pail deodorizers (which reminds me, I need to stock up again!) and they do work. I also discovered that if I sprayed mine with Bac-Out every time I emptied it, the stinkies stayed out of the pail.

And, I missed the diaper cream post, but I adore Burt's Bees Diaper Cream. Cleared up any rash with one application every time. It smells so good too. But, for other sensitive skin issues, I also love Weleda's Calendula cream. Good for heat rash, or if I couldn't reach the diaper cream.

Okay, now I'm really going to stop posting. This elation I'm feeling is just amazing. There must be something in Zantac that elevates your mood or something, cause I'm just sooo darned happy I'm irritating *myself*. :P
#90 of 145 Old 07-23-2004, 10:33 AM

Caroline-You are absolutely right about not expecting sore or cracked nipples. I know that this isn't normal, or should it be expected, but I remember even with DS-in that first week of nursing for the first time of my life, my nipples got a bit cracked and sore. And the Lansinoh helped. (And he was a good little nurser and we experienced little problems and my nipples were sore for a week or so). Now, of course, my breasts are a different animal!

Thanks to Magemom & DAednu for your input, too. I think we're going the trashbag route or we'll get a steel can trash can (small one)and place in bedroom for the real stinkers.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page