**DONE** Blue Moon, Beginning of August: Chat Thread - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cheryl!! How wonderful! Rest up mama!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 06:50 PM

Cheryl, congratulations! I am so in awe of all you mama's who have birthed your babies!!

Got an appt with the mw tomorrow. Have no clue if all this low pelvic pressure/pain means anything significant or if its just normal at this stage.
#153 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 07:26 PM

YAY CHERYL!!!

OKay, guys, here's a lovely story.

I am still looking for clothes, so I went to Sears today. DH just pulled up in front and dropped me off and went to get gas while I shopped (he kept the kiddos). I was only in there for like 20 minutes..... so not a big deal, right??

Well, I've been totally NOT bleeding for days, so I just had a light pad on (from Hidden Pearl). Yeah, not a good idea.

I tried on some capris (which were my pre-pg size and FIT) but as I took them off, I GUSHED blood. Ugh, I did this with Libby too, but never in public!!!

So I'm standing there with blood all down my legs. Umm, ok, what now? I have KHAKI capris I was wearing. Umm, lovely. So I put on my capris and waddled out to the checkout lady (no one in the dressing room) and, nearly in tears, begged for something to help... she gave me a roll of paper towels.

That was NOT my ideal shopping experience!!!

And I think I totally traumatized the sales girl!! ROFL
#154 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 08:34 PM

Congratulations Cheryl!!!!

I think I missed something as I'm really behind. I forget where I was last reading, Im' so befuddled :LOL

I had my OB appointment and I'm not so thrilled. Whereas the baby was engaged, it popped back up and was floating . I haven't dilated any more and my cervix isn't doing much. I feel like the tons of EPO I've been taking has been wasted because nothing has changed over the past 3 weeks. It's starting to feel how it was with DS all over again, except I'm 2cm instead of 1 and I'm not yet overdue. I have an appointment at the clinic Thursday and another OB assesment on Monday as well as an ultrasound (biophysical is it called?). I really hope I get my VBAC, but I'm mentally prepared for another c-section. Oh, and I had three contractions during the 20 minute NST. They weren't "big" ones, but it was cool to see that I was right about having them. Oh yeah, and my water didn't break . I'm glad I didn't freak out and go to the hospital (as it was I was there nearly 4 hours for an appointment since the OB was on call and all over the place : ).

Well, the way I look at it, I still have some time to get things done. Plus, who knows; things can happen quickly and unexpectedly. Is there anything I can do to encourage the baby to drop? Maybe I should just stake out on my exercise ball, lol!
#155 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 08:39 PM

Cheryl...!!!! wow that was a surprise!!!
and we have a boy now too!!!
Cool..cool........:

so ds and I went swimming today and of course I got "so when are you due?/you look like your close" I said "today" and I think I almost gave this woman a heartattack :LOL..she is like "oh honey, are you close to home..you know second babies come quick...you really look like you are ready to deliver!" and another Mamma told me...."wow you are really gutsy..but maybe that comes with second babies"....

K8 thank you for the support...I am so sorry about the scary experience with ds...wow...I am so sorry....that must have been tramtic...

wow that is quite a bill Kimberly ! and sorry about the Sears experience.....

good luck Rebecca on your appt tomorrow....

well, I am feeling a little crampy right now....no BH joining it so I am off to more posting....
bbl

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#156 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 08:42 PM

Cheryl! congratulations! We were wondering about you. I can't wait to hear more. I'm so jealous that you're with your baby right now, and we're still waiting. Enjoy.

kimberlilly--oh my gosh. How embarassing. I would be in tears too. I'm glad that saleswoman was able to help. At least you found pants that fit. (Optimism) ......and WOW that is a huge bill. Ours will be $3000 before insurance. I wonder if that includes the room and board and stuff....hmm. My mom told me that when she had my brother, my dad had just started is new job and her pregnancy was a preexisting condition so they paid cash for a repeat c section. OH MY Gosh could you imagine that kind of bill without insurance?

Traci--You are doing a great job in being proactive and getting this baby ready to come--the walking, the *deposites* as someone put it-- the herbal stuff that goes way over my head. You inspire me. I have been trying to exercise and psych myself up for more regular action. I too am having fears about another induction. Man did that suck last time. I think there are quite a few of us here that are trying to avoid another awful induction. Isn't that coincidental?

Last night I told dh "from what I read and hear, orgasms tone the uterus and prostoglandins do something good to the cervix. So let's go and try to get this show on the road." I mean--how romantic. If he would have said something like that to me I would have smacked him. But he was ready and willing--no problem.

Maybe if I use that line on him about the foot massages too, I might get one. The other night, my feet were soooooooo bloated that they hurt. He offered to give me a foot massage with this wonderful aromatherapy oil. It was so nice. That was before I knew this accupuncture stuff but no labor or signs of it here. Darn.

Bears...don't sweat it about the videos. Sometimes you (or even your son) need a little down time. TV is the perfect trick to get both of you some well deserved rest.
#157 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 08:44 PM

Carla our posts crossed...up your doses of EPO.....I am doing 2 orally in am and pm and 6 inserted every 8 hours....I am sure it is doing something....
and yes you are not OD....you have time...pay attention to how you sit and things to get that baby back down.....
http://www.spinningbabies.com/Pages/Page2.html

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#158 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 08:48 PM

awww.... TY Christine.... you are so sweet

Just think positive Christine....sending you some positive no induction energy

You can do it....

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

#159 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 08:50 PM

Congratulations, Cheryl! Woo-hoo! A boy!

And, yuck-a-roo on the blood, Kimberly! Yikes!

Had my 37 (really 38) week appt today. I'm GBS negative! YAHOO! Makes a VBAC so much easier. I'm still measuring big, uh huh. 41 weeks. But, I'm a big girl, so I just take that in stride. Maybe a little progress on dilation and effacement, since the doctor "tends to be generous" in her measuring, and today's midwife said that she herself "tends to be stingy" and came up with the same numbers. They're a little concerned about the swelling, so they're running PIH bloodwork today. Should have the results by Thursday. I'm planning on being out all day tomorrow, just so I don't have to sit and wait by the phone. Too much like last time for my taste. Plus, I've got some stuff I *need* to finish up before the baby comes. Party favors for my daughter's birthday, some supplies from the beauty supply store (I'm a retired hairdresser, but I keep my license active so I can buy wholesale!), some minor shopping here and there.

I have another NST in the morning. They want me to come in weekly now. For the person who asked, it's a "non stress test" and they hook you up to a uterine monitor and a fetal heart monitor and run a strip for 30 minutes to make sure the baby's heart beat is reactive and strong. They are looking for at least 2 accelerations that last 7 seconds each over a ten minute period of time. Which can happen way more, unless your babe is napping at the time. So, they normally recommend you drink juice or something sugary before you go in, just to shake things up.

I'm still thinking it might happen this week for us. I'm hoping so, anyway. Oh, and they think I might have a yeast infection. Couldn't see anything under the microscope, but when she removed her fingers from my vaginal exam, there was white goo on them. She suggested Monistat, just in case, so I don't have to worry about the baby getting exposed on it's way out *The BIRTH CANAL* (which made me really happy that they still believe in my VBAC!) and getting thrush. Good point, so I'll take it, even though we don't know for sure. Anyone know any reason to not take it?
#160 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 08:56 PM

Hi everybody Congrats Cheryl!

Sara had an appointment today (she is 6 days old) and has gained back her birth weight! Her cord stump fell off today too. She's just doing wonderful. I am so in love with her

We had a plumber finally come yesteday (they were originally scheduled to come on the day Sara was born). Turns out the leak was in the main pipe that brings the water in from the outside, the ONLY pipe not covered by our homebuyer's warrenty! So it was $250+ out of pocket for the plumber. At least the homeowner's insurance should pay for fixing all the damage. The pipe was obviously nicked by some kind of saw thing when the house was built (4 years ago) and overtime developed into a hole. I'm just glad it's fixed now. I hope it's easy to get the wall and carpet fixed.

I found out something wonderful today. Low rise jeans/shorts can actually fit b/c the come under the little belly I have left! It felt so great today to walk around in normal looking clothes!

Happy labor vibes to all and to all struggling with prelabor, false alarms, and being past due dates.
#161 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 08:59 PM

Thanks for the link, Traci : . I'll check that out. I'm taking about 8 EPO now a day (was 6 a day, but added a couple). I'm going to find a syringe to try to insert the oil vaginally as I've read the gel caps don't always dissovle up there and I don't want to explain, lol! DH's help doesn't seem to be effective either, but of course I had tons of progesglandins (sp?) inserted with DS and it didn't help me progress any (twice a day about 5 times and 3 times a day for a couple of days) so I sometimes wonder if it would even be effective for me. I'll keep trying though.
#162 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 09:06 PM

GRRRR!!! DD just hit the refresh button on my mouse and wiped my post! I realized that I'd missed a whole bunch of posts. Let me retrack myself...

Kimberly, yikes about the hospital bills! My DD was $35,000, and I thought she was expensive. Thank goodness for insurance!

Traci, you are doing so great! You can do this! I know it in my heart! Soon, we'll be logging on and reading your beautiful birth story. Can't wait for that moment. Keep up the EPO and maybe try to have some sex? Have you tried putting lots of pillows under your hips, so DH doesn't have to lean on you at all? It doesn't have to be romantic, just get the job done, you know?

And, Christine! You can do this too! I'm so impressed that you're exercising still! That will help you so much, overall. As for EPO, I hear it's more effective internally (vaginally) than orally, so maybe try some capsules, if you get really worried. They're kind of slimy, but they seem to be doing something for me.

Lena, glad the plumber came by finally! And, great job about Sara gaining her weight back! What did you do to treat her cord?

Carla, the birth ball is definitely a good way to help babies come down the birth canal. I try to spend as much time on mine as possible, but with this new swelling thing I've got, it's a hard choice. Elevate my feet? Help the baby engage? Decisions, decisions... You'll get back to where you were. It will happen for you, I know!

Here's hoping all of us VBAC'ing mamas go into labor before the clocks start ticking too loudly! That would be quite an accomplishment for us all to achieve! We can do this!
#163 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 09:17 PM

I checked that link and I'm almost always in those positions so I don't know what more to do. Sigh. I think it's the VBAC deadline that has me most worried. The sooner things get going, the better. The nurse I had today had one which was nice to hear about

I meant to mention I'm so glad we don't have to deal with healthcare costs when I read how much it costs for people in the US to have babies! My bill with DS would of been unreal!!
#164 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 09:56 PM

Caroline, I didn't do anything to her cord. I just left it alone and let it take care of itself. I'm so glad it's off though b/c now I should be able to CD full-time! She's asleep in her princess fmbg diaper right now *thanks Terri!*

Oh, and Kimberly, sorry about you blood oops! That must have been very embarassing. Note to self - when leaving house always have a nice substantial pad in!

Urgh! I've been craving sugar since Sara was born. I am eating so much candy. For most of my pregnancy I couldn't stand sweet stuf besides ice cream. What's up with that?

Have a good night ladies
#165 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 09:56 PM

CHERYL-CONGRATULATIONS!!!! "Our" first boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :boypin
#166 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 10:13 PM

need to go post about to Cheryl - so happy for them.

When they wanted to set my induction date for Brannon I told them I would not come in before 42 weeks. Flat out refused - I got kind of lucky though. All the inductions spots were booked weeks on end!! How scary is that!?! The hospital I use has a ridiculous c-section rate - one dr. has a 65% c/s rate He was actually my Dr. on call the night of Amelia's birth so my mw called in a favour and asked another Dr. to come in. So cute - he slept on the couch while I laboured and left us totally alone.

Anyway - they can't induce you if you don't show up.

Kimberly - yikes - never been there but I will probably think about is this time. I don't bleed too much because my body is always in a hurry to start ovulating again. :

For the rest of us still waiting patiently - lots of love. For those who have yet to meet their due dates...if you have your babies before me I may have to hurt someone. EDD#3 is tomorrow...

If I have this baby tomorrow things will really hit the fan - DHs exes 3yos b-day is 8/4 - the woman will go balistic if I interfere with his date!! To avoid that chaos I will be more than happy to wait a bit.

I received 3 phones and 1 email today asking where the baby is - going to start turning the phones off.

Nite ladies - we will see whose baby I wake up to tomorrow!
#167 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 10:45 PM

LENA!!!! Glue that cord back on! Not faaaaiiiir! Katie has a nappy nappy nappy cord and it is hanging on for dear life. I am so NOT in love with her cord! It is starting to get a funk smell and I really just don't like it!!! Libby's fell of at 10 days and here we are at 16 days hangin' on..... I didn't do anything to Katie's at first, but the last few days I've done alcohol because of the weird smell....

Speaking of Katie boo, here's a pic of her today: http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL192/...9/62174402.jpg

She's starting to really fill out in the face

Kate: HOW ANNOYING are people? Good grief. Nuts I tell ya. Leave the pregnant woman alone! Like you're going to NOT call them?? Geesh.

kimberly
#168 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 10:57 PM

i posted my birth story last night. So good to get that out of the way. It was long though. I am doing pretty good. Still very tired.
Gabriella loves the breast. I am so engorged. I swear my boobs are 3 times bigger than her head. And she has a big head! I love feeding her and having her so close. It is definetly more than food for her it's comfort too which is something I didn't experience with Dd #1
I am so in love.

Congratulations Cheryl!!! I can't wait to read your story.

To everyone overdue, I am sending back all those gentle labor vibes that you sent me!

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#169 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 11:14 PM

Laurie
Your birth story is soo beautiful....the part where your little dd joined you in the tub...so heartwarming...

I am soo happy the birth turned out for you the way you wanted....

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

#170 of 173 Old 08-03-2004, 11:58 PM

Laurie! Great birth story! I also love when Breaunna got in the tub with you!! Great job!!
#171 of 173 Old 08-04-2004, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Thread closed due to extreme chattiness. Check out the new one at August 3 (for lack of a better title) Chat

See you there!
#172 of 173 Old 08-04-2004, 01:09 AM

So, how do you know "real" contractions from BH's? Hmmm? I've been having different sorts of contractions for the past week or so, most of them I would characterize as BH's, but some of them start down low and build up, feeling kind of menstrually. That's what I've been considering a "real" contraction. But, how do you really know? Tonight, I'm having those pretty regularly, but they're not painful at all, just crampy and uncomfortable. Plus, I have some back achey-ness associated with them. I just watched the clock and I had 3 in 10 minutes. I'm fairly certain I'm not in labor, and have no intention of doing anything about it until I'm much more certain. How do you make the decision to call someone, though. I mean, does it really just "come to you" to call?

Okay, I'm going to catch up on posts now, and possibly post again. Just thinking about this and had to see what other people are doing.
#173 of 173 Old 08-04-2004, 07:37 AM

Oh don't you just *love* these sleepless nights. Up since 4am, can't nod back off, thought I'd wander over here to cyberspace and see if anyone else had had their baby.

Caroline, I was wondering the same thing myself, about being able to tell real ones!! Yesterday, all evening I felt like I had one looonnng BH - for a couple of hours, everything just felt so hard and tight. Not painful exactly, just very intense and uncomfy. Finally fell asleep and woke up this morning with the same tightness. Oh well, I'll ask my mw about it at my appt later today and see what she says.

Hope all of you mama's are resting well and that someone is getting some sleep!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page