**DONE** Blue Moon, Beginning of August: Chat Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This recap will be short and sweet as I too have a mind like a sieve.

Most importantly:

Lena birthed Sara May
Laurie is in active labour
and Katje is missing in action.

Enjoy!
#2 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Laurie, best wishes for a smooth labour.

I'm having trouble typing because I have a debilitating headache. Any tips on how to deal? I had to go back to bed before noon.

Can someone clarify the dropping process for me? The other night my baby went into wickedly violent spasms that in turn caused my legs to buckle. Yesterday, s/he barely moved at all. Today, I can feel him/her, but s/he is way low. My belly feels mushy where it used to feel hard and full of baby. Is that dropping?
#3 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 02:28 PM

I can hardly handle the excitement!!! Laurie must be thrilled! I know last time she had a pill of a situation with the water going before she was ready!

Ohhhhhhhhh babies are commmmmming!!!!

Kimberly and Katie who is asleep in the sling on my chest with milk breath
#4 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Um, I can't remember my online banking password. Please tell me that this will come back to me.
#5 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 03:39 PM

...Laurie...alright!! Happy Labor vibes to you!!!!
This is getting so exciting..I keep getting goosebumps everytime I log on here!!!

Dodo...all I can do for you is ...I sooo KWYM....
The dropping issue...all I know as since mine has really dropped this past week, I am far beyond comforatble and I also have mushy where once was baby....believe me when I say I feel like I have a beachball between my legs...hth on the dropping info....

please please hang with me friends..I am so sick and tired of editing my posts..the typos are just gonna stay..I am not kidding I have dyslexic fingers at this point....

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#6 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 03:42 PM

Go Laurie! How exciting!

Don't know anything about dropping. Haven't had it happen either time (yet...) But, my baby just had some majorly violent spasming waaay up high, over my ribs. Kind of freaked me out, but it's been more normal movement since then so I'm calmer now.

Hope your headache clears up, Dodo! Low lights, warm bath (not too hot though), some chamomile tea may help.

And, Kimberly, maybe you missed it. I'm looking for a super cute changing pad. Have any recommendations?
#7 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 03:48 PM

Oh Caroline
yes I stareted the EPO yesterday and it is very messy inside now.....you got that right....CNMW said it goes right to work on where it needs to when you insert it so we will see....
I ma very uncomfortable to day and having one heck of a contraction as we speak....whew...
gtg
bbl

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#8 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Could AP be next? I wonder... MamaDaednu, are you out there?

Caroline, I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I like the look (and price) of the Kooshies/Kushies changing pads. Haven't tried them, but am keeping them in mind should the need arise.

I called the bank to replace my password. Then I called dh to tell him to come home ASAP, because I'm losing the ability to think and should not be left alone with a small child.
#9 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 04:42 PM

I am home alone! And what am I doing? Lol, I can't seem to stay off the computer today. Oh well, the dishes are done, I have laundry going, everything else is pretty much done and no toddler to chase after, so I'm going to enjoy this quiet time! I've been on another board checking to see if anyone has had their babies. Can't wait to hear how Laurie is making out (and Katje for that matter)!! I'm hoping the moon will do it for me too

Apmama, are you putting the capsules right in or just the oil? I've debated about doing it internally down there, but since I have no one to "guide me", I'm not sure other than taking them orally.

Oh, and about dropping, can you "drop" then have it come back up again? The baby was way down there before now it seems like it has bobbed back up as I can't breathe again, having heartburn all the time again and I'm not having much pelvic pain. I was so hopeful with the baby so low, now I wonder.
#10 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 04:49 PM

I'm inserting my capsules right inside. Actually, DH does it. We sterilize a needle, poke a hole in it, and then he guides it up as high as he can. With just straight oil, I'm not sure how you'd do that. A turkey baster? LOL. Or if you have a spermicide foam applicator, that might work. Very messy, but would work. Capsules really are the best method.

Hope you're going into labor, Traci! I'm crossing my fingers for you!
#11 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 04:51 PM

Oh, and Dodo, I checked out the Kushies pads. They look nice, but maybe bigger than I want. I just need a portable pad for our diaper bag. I got a cute purple backpack with a few different pockets, so I'd like something that would fit inside and maybe match, too.

And, by the way, every time we change threads, people always say something about "we're up to 8 pages". I must have my settings different than everyone else, cause I"m only on four pages each time. But, boy are we chatty the past few days!
#12 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 04:58 PM

Carla
Yes, just putting the capsules right in..CNMW said they would melt away with body temp and go to work.

No, No Dodo and Caroline..I am not next....just tired and uncomfortable...BH yes...but nothing doing.....

ok this is turning out to be a Dodo Caroline Traci thread...:LOL.....

Next?.....
bbl

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

#13 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 05:25 PM

Caroline: I have a changing pad from http://www.tydytykes.com and it matches the custom diaper bag she made for me. I think http://www.littlelily.com makes them too? I dunno?
#14 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 05:35 PM

just checking in - trying to work on a web page between painting the bedroom and a playdate. Trying to keep my brain busy since my body isn't
#15 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 05:43 PM

Hi ladies. Yay! Laurie. Just back from the doctor. In order for them to release us at 24 hours past birth I had to agree to bring her to the base hospital to have her bilirubin level checked before weekend so just in case she got jaundice we'd know and not be stuck over the weekend, She was fine. She's getting milkies already so she's doing good. She is such a good sleeper. DH and I can hardly get over how different of a baby she is than DS. DS has always been very high needs.

I love reading all the excitement. This is so cool that some of you will have babies soon. Then the coolest part is that we will just keep have the excitement of babies arriving all the way into Sept! I can't wait to read each and every birth story.

Happy birthing vibes and baby growing vibes to all
#16 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 05:53 PM

Lauries baby daughter was born at 2:05 this afternoon!

Thats pretty much all I know, but I am sure Laurie will be home tomorrow and able to give all the details!
#17 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Lynsey, for keeping us up to date. Send our congratulations to Laurie!

I'm starting to wonder if I had a brain aneurysm. I took dd to the Y for a swim and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to snap up my bathing suit. Then I walked her to the pool, losing control of my legs when, every couple of steps, the baby would kick.
#18 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 06:58 PM

Dodo - I couldn't help laughing when I read your brain problems. Mine is just as bad as yours. I swear, I hear something and can't remember it 5 minutes later. It's just terrible.

Thank you for sharing the news Lynsey. I'm looking forward to hearing about Laurie's birth.

We've got 3 girls now. When are some boys coming? Surely we're not all having girls. But most of those who found out the sex were having girls. Don't know what I'm having. Only have a first name for a girl and no names for a boy. I've gone back and forth on whether I think s/he's a boy or a girl.

: madrone - : SAHM to 12 y.o. DS, : 9 y.o. DD, and : 4 y.o. DS
#19 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 09:19 PM

I finally spoke with Laurie and recieved permission to post a few details about her baby and the birth.

Gabriella was 9 lbs 7 oz (!) and 20.5 inches long with a head full of hair. Her delivery went perfect and big sister, Breaunna, was able to be in attendance, as well as quite a few other people from what I understand!

Laurie said her midwife was wonderful and never left her side. She got everything she wanted.
#20 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 09:48 PM

WOWSERS!!! 9 lb 7 oz is AWESOME!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited for her!!
#21 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 09:48 PM

Congratulations Laurie! This IS SO EXCITING!

Dodo-it sounds to me that your baby did drop. I know my stomach is smooshy where her butt had been. Maybe you could check and see if you could feel her head? I know checking myself is getting harder and harder-it is hard just to wipe myself lately.

I know about being brainless. At my mw appt they asked me what kind of food I kept in the house, all I could do was give a blank stare. I also completely forgot my friends name when I was introducing her. Duh!

There might be lots of girls, coming, huh? We know we are having a girl too. I have been sooo tired today. I think I have taken three naps today. I lost more of my mucus plug today, and having diareahh (sp). I did manage to blow up our fishy pool and bleach it out, so if anything gets started, that will be ready. I have been having lots of painful BH's still, but I am not getting my hopes up...

I can't believe our babies will be here so soon! I do feel like I have been pg for about 10 years though!
#22 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 09:55 PM

Wow! It IS getting exciting around here...

Dodo-I can't guarantee that the banking password will come back to you. I think once the prego brain robs you of something, it doesn't give it back...

Thought I missed a birth story from Laurie-luckily I checked in here tonight! This is soooo awesome... I love all this great baby news

Yeah, where is Katje???

Ap-Who knows? All that activity down there could get you going?????

Went to Target today to get a few comfy things for myself for apres-baby. Like new unders and comfy sweatpant-type pants. I bought unders a few sizes up-just in case. Ripped them outta the package tonight and literally both me and DH could fit inside...

Nothing doing over here. Although I'm still feeling some cervix activity. and I felt a little nauseous today. Oh, and AP, Lots of BMs today...TMI, TMI...

Can you believe how close we all are??? Couldn't have asked for a better bunch of women to share this all with...
#23 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 10:35 PM

Actually, I'm starting to feel a little behind here - so many of you are so close now, and Li'l Bug isn't due until the end of the month.

Wishing you all the best.

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#24 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

My headache got so bad that I had tunnel vision and a little strobe light action. I became uncharacteristically afraid that I was dying and called the on-call midwife, who came to my house within minutes to take my blood pressure (isn't that amazing? I wasn't expecting that, and on a Friday night). Anyway, I'm not dying, I just have a terrible headache! She suggested raw veggies, lots of fruit, no meat, no grease, some garlic capsules, more nettle tea and lots of rest. She guesses that my liver is starting to find the pregnancy taxing. I'm so relieved that it's not my blood pressure that I'm having an excellent evening, in spite of the pain.

LizaBear, I'm with you on feeling way behind the others.
#25 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 10:58 PM

Dodo, YIKES, please be careful!! Rest extra this weekend!

Kimberly
#26 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 11:05 PM

Yeah Laurie!

Dodo, LMAO about preggo brain. I did call DH and ask him what the heck was he thinking leaving me alone with his small children. I had freaked out about the due date and making the school cut off, only to realize I was 2 months off! I have really had to work HARD at finishing may thoughts and today was able to finish a conversation from Wednesday.

DS2 says this is a girl and her name is Evelyn to rhyme with Madeline (DD) I have no idea what we will do if it is a boy (we don't know) He is now introducing my tummy as 'Evelyn is inside here, she will come out when she is bigger'

The conversation I remembered was from our Des Moines weekend. DH and I were bantering boy names the whole way out. He suggested Ron and I said I would name my son 'Roadside Fruitstand' before I called him Ronald. Having a last name like the golden arches has it's draw backs!
Oh yeah, and another preggo brain, I forgot there was a new thread I hadn't posted to and was concerned when I hadn't heard from anyone.... ! gotta post or at least go to the board, silly.
#27 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 11:08 PM

I feel way behind myself, with baby due on the 17th or 18th. Although my midwife told me at my last appt. that they would "let" me wait it out till Sept 3, at which point they would induce since its not safe to go beyond 2 weeks. I am just thinking this baby *better* be here by mid-August, I just can't wait to see the little munchkins. I am so jealous of all you mama's that have your tiny new ones in your arms.
#28 of 173 Old 07-30-2004, 11:14 PM

Hrm...
I think I'm in labour here. The contractions are quite regular and crampy. I called the midwife to give her a heads up. One little problem - it seems both rooms in the birth centre are taken.
I told her I'll be having this baby in a ditch before I go to a hospital. *G*
Wish me luck! I hope these contractions continue.

~Daednu
#29 of 173 Old 07-31-2004, 12:07 AM

Oh, Daednu....Thinking of you! Wonderful labor vibes to you...

Dodo-Please take good care of yourself

Just checking in...we could conceivably start having babies around these parts once a day...

Sleep well, ladies...
#30 of 173 Old 07-31-2004, 12:11 AM

How exciting MamaDaednu! Happy birthing vibes! And hope you can choose your home to that ditch if a room at the center doesn't open up.

Dodo - I got a couple of migraines during the last few weeks before DS was born. They were horrible. Since I have MS and got the vision thing first off, I thought it was my vision causing the headache and went to see my neurologist. :LOL So, my neurologist said she thinks I'm having a migraine. Did I ever feel silly. I'm glad the on-call midwife reassured you and didn't make you feel silly. I can really sympathize with you on it though. Talk about pain.

: madrone - : SAHM to 12 y.o. DS, : 9 y.o. DD, and : 4 y.o. DS

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page