So-So 36 week appointment today - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-03-2004, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First of all, I slept horribly last night, so I'm exhausted and sore and don't feel well over all. Nothing pregnancy related, just general yucky not-enough-sleep feeling for me.

Pregnancy related (maybe, maybe I'm just plugged up!) - My back is aching like mad tonight, I'm half-assed crampy, having a lot of pressure down low, and occasional sharp jabs - enough to stop me in my tracks.

Anyhow - we got to the appointment about 30 minutes early (we left early so that Boo could sleep in the car - he was already tired). Just as we come in we were told that *S* (our midwife) had just been called by a client in active labour and was on her way out. We could wait to be squeezed in with another midwife, or reschedule. We opted to wait, since the clinic is a 30 minute drive from home. We were told it could be up to an hour to be seen.

Sounds bad, but over all, this isn't a big deal - we've known from the very begining of my pregnancy with Boo that this could happen. I opted to wait, and we were actually seen by *C* (another midwife) within a few minutes of that. She introduced herself to us, then asked if I was sure we hadn't met before - which we haven't. But she's seen us in the clinic office so many times over the last few years that we seem like a permanent fixture among the clients I think !

My urine sample showed trace glucose (too many grapes this morning maybe ? Who knows - not a big deal), and a fair amount of blood. *C* asked if I had any symptoms of a UTI, which I don't, then asked at what gestation Boo was born. Since he was born at 38w+1, she agreed with my thought that the blood is probably from the begining stages of dilation and effacement. All fine by me.

My blood pressure was good - 110/70 even being rather stressed about the appointment. I've gained 1 pound in the last couple of weeks. Li'l Bug's heartrate was in the high 150's, so *C* asked if I was having a girl. We haven't found out - but Boo's was high all along too, and he's definately all boy.

My entire appointment lasted maybe 10 minutes - MUCH shorter than the normal 30+ minutes we get. *C* kept apologizing about it, but really, it was okay by me. I liked her, she was polite and nice even though she was obviously stressed out.

Over all - the appointment went okay. I got my binder with my the copies of my records in them now to keep with me, and a "kit" for the midwives for our homebirth to keep here (kit is gloves, dressings, bulb syringe, IV set-up, lidocaine, etc. All the stuff that they'd need here).

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#2 of 3 Old 08-04-2004, 01:40 AM

I think its just been one of those days

Hoping for a better tomorrow (which begins with more sleep tonight)!!!
#3 of 3 Old 08-04-2004, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaBear
Pregnancy related (maybe, maybe I'm just plugged up!) - My back is aching like mad tonight, I'm half-assed crampy, having a lot of pressure down low, and occasional sharp jabs - enough to stop me in my tracks.
I feel that way and when I have to get up to pee in the middle of the night I feel like I am going to collapse.

Short appointment but at least it was pretty positive.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page