**DONE** August 3 (for lack of a better title) Chat Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heather - I'm with you on the GBS+. And what the told me was that they can give you the antibiotic in doses, so you don't have to have an IV on the whole time. I can still move around, use the jacuzzi, etc....

Maybe you can have the same options too?

I started taking EPO last night, am drinking my raspberry tea and hoping things move along before too long. My mom is coming in next week. She can only stay for a few weeks, and I know I'll really need the help after the baby comes, so I'm hoping we don't sit around too long once she gets here.

Need to go start something for dinner, but I just don't feel like it. The only comfy place is on my birthing ball. Hey other than sitting on it, and gently bouncing on it, any mama's have any suggestions for helpful excersizes/movements on these balls?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 06:51 PM

OK, sorry to be so ignorant, but what is EPO, what is it for, and where can I get some?
#63 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 06:57 PM

EPO is Evening Primose Oil, can get it at any health store. Some people take it orally, and some take it it orally and insert it vaginally. Supposed to help soften the cervix. My midwife recommended I take it orally 3x a day.
#64 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 07:16 PM

Kimberlibby: Hope your day ended well. I am not looking forward to my DH going back to work on Monday. But I know my mom and sister are just a phone call away. About LLL, I definetly want to attend. Gabi was doing much better last night and today.
I had to go see my midwife today. I am passing some funky looking clots. They are greyish blue with blood tinged mucus. Almost looks like small pieces of placenta. She did a very painful internal check and didn't feel any masses. I feel better after seeing her. She wrote me a prescrip for some antibiotics since I have had this sinus infection for three weeks now and it isn't showing signs of leaving me any time soon. Also she said a precaution if there is some sort of infection in there. Her main concern was the excrutiating sharp pains I am having low low low on my right side. She said to watch it and update her. I hope everything is Ok.

Again, for all of you waiting to arrive in labor land I am sending you the best of wishes and hope none of you have to go through painful induction!

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#65 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 07:17 PM

Actually I don't have to have the IV in the whole time either...I was just hoping to avoid that needle stick all together! And thank you for the tip about EPO. I think I'll go get some tonight!
#66 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 07:59 PM

Oh Laurie! How unfair to be sick! I hope it all clears up fast! And the blood clots sound kinda creepy!

The day ended well.... Keith is home now and chasing Libby in the bedroom.... she's happy daddy is back. He's been home for 3 months almost (he's a teacher) so it was a BIG transition to have him gone!

I hope to see you at LLL next week Laurie
#67 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 08:00 PM

Thank you so much everyone for your support during my mini-crisis yesterday. I have officially started seeking the services of a doula in my area. I have called everyone I can think of and emailed a whole bunch of people. I'm just playing the waiting game now for people to get my messages and call me back. I am very hopeful that I might just find someone at the last minute. Now paying for it...that's another subject. And how do you explain to your mom that you'd rather her not be with you during labor but you want to pay someone to help you instead? My mother is a "dr. is god" kind of patient. And she doesn't like to see me in pain. The look on her face while i was in pain last time made me feel even worse. She also does things to annoy me and I don't think I can deal with that while fighting off dr.'s.

ANyway...

I'm feeling very fatigued and introverted today. I don't want to do much except nest. I ironed all my maternity clothes. (hopefully for the last time?) Dusted the entire house. Made a mamoth list of other things I want to do, including organize the closet for the boys, make a birth announcment list, a phone tree list, more baby laundry (I mean, can those clothes get clean enough?), flip the matress, vaccume, oooh the list goes on.

I guess no babies lately...where's Tiff?
#68 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 08:06 PM

go, traci! maybe you'll be next...

i love how there's always a couple of people looking at this forum when i sign on... no matter what time it is!

dh is getting tickets for him, dd and ds to go see Kerry/Edwards during a whistlestop tomorrow night. they're expecting several thousand people... i'm pouting because i'm feeling a bit left out. but i'll be ten days overdue and having my water break in the middle of a monster political crowd just isn't what i want to be doing! i'll stay home and watch a nice fluffy comedy and knit and enjoy the peace and quiet.

my sister and ds10 leave for NY tomorrow afternoon. i'm sad that ds will probably not get to meet his new sibling right off the bat, and i wish i hadn't agreed to him going out of town for a week... but i really thought we'd be playing with the baby by now. i'm trying not to get down on myself too hard... after all, ds doesn't seem unhappy about it at all. still, i wanted them to have a good bond... that's one of the reasons i'm having a homebirth.

man, i can start to see why people might agree to inductions. in turns, i'm swinging from frustrated to angry to sad to miserable to resigned. angry! at my baby! what kind of mom am i? not a patient one, that's for sure...

the talk of the gentle discipline forum reminded me of this homeschooling family we know that practices TCS (taking children seriously). it's essentially letting the kids run the show. these are the most spoiled, undisciplined, unpleasant brats i've ever met... i don't hit my kids but they know there are limits and consequences, and it's really important for them to know i will follow through on them.

thanks for the hugs, gang. they are much appreciated, and i pass them out freely to all you other magnificent mamas in the same boat!

carla, good luck in the next week. we're here if you need to vent...

katje
#69 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 08:07 PM

hey forgot to ask...

what kind of red raspberry tea do you guys reccommend? I doubt the celestial seasonings from walmart is the right stuff. I just bought it because it tastes good and it might help. Now, I'm interested in pulling out the big guns so to speak. Is there a brand that is the best?

And...I'd like to know some birth ball exercises too. Sometimes I lean on the ball against the wall and do squats. the ball is behind my back and I bend my knees like I'm sitting in a chair. I do this non pregnant and love it. I haven't done it since entering the 3rd trimester though. It might be tough.
#70 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 08:18 PM

Back from my 39 week appointment. I caved and did the GBS test. With doc being gone next week it seemed easier. Cancelled my 40 week appointment and made one for the day she gets back on the 16th. I told her with school starting I really didn't have time for birth before the 16th anyway. SHe said please hold out since she really wants to see how the nurses react to me and my 'get the hell away' birth plan. If she is gone I will have no guilt about not going in
Otherwise, I know nothing. She asked how I felt about discussing induction on the 16th if I was still pregnant. I said I would discuss EPO, sex and other things like that. Not having another pitocin kid if I can do anything to avoid it. She said she isn't big on inductions anyway.
#71 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 09:16 PM

This would be the best night to go into labour - DH is out for the evening and I just got both kids down. I could labour for a while in peace. Guess what - not going to happen.

Just spent $400 on the dogs annual check-ups, shots, bath, shave etc. Like I don't have enough kids we need 2 dogs and a cat! When we bought our house it was huge - now I feel so cramped.

I don't really have anything to say but I am trying to avoid dishes. DH isn't home so I can't dump it on him.

Katje - I hear you on the emotions and feel terrible about it too. For me, Brannon and Amelia are taking the heat. Amelia will only walk holding on to me - I actually thought her hand was going to make it up my butt today - or wants to be held. Brannon wants me to carry him to - he's only 26lbs but really! Then DH keeps coming up and kissing me today - what's that all about. Of course I love you! I'm carrying your 3rd kid in 3 years : now get off!

Hey Cheryl - postpartum needs to be taken slowly. I know there is that great high from an unmedicated birth BUT LET YOURSELF BE PAMPERED. These days go fast and no matter how many kids you have you will never have this opportunity again. Oh - you want to lend out your DH - what a deal - I would love for my chiro to be "on call" for when I was in labour.

Reminder to all of you - being a SUPERMOM is not about all the things you can get done but by being a super person. You can't take of your family unless you take care of yourself. Slow down. The most important thing you have to do everyday is not let a single member of your family step away without telling them you love them. Other than that the rest doesn't matter. I have the rest of my life to do the laundry, feed them vegies etc and if my life ended tomorrow I want DH and kids to know they are adored not where the clean clothes are...

boy - I'm all about the soap box these days.

Oh - parting shots!! NO CYTOTEC!! Bad stuff. You don't have to show up for inductions until you want to. VBACers - you are normal pg woman and there should be no special constraints put on you. VBACers - ABSOLUTELY NO CYTOTEC if it comes down to that...

that's it. Guess I have to do the dishes but then I'm going to reward myself with some ice cream. At this point I doubt there is much I can do to this kid so what's a lot of sugar!
#72 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Ap, I should clarify that it's my pregnancy that is starting to bore me, not any of yours.

K8, point taken about board politics. I guess the snarky pregnant lady in me really, really wanted to comment on what I was reading, and I thought it might be wiser to do that here than elsewhere. Maybe I should have kept it between me and dh.

Carla, why are your VBAC prospects starting to look grim? (Hey, I bought my utility wet bag at Dollarama today! Thanks again for the tip. You won't believe what I had been paying for the same thing from Bummis).
#73 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 10:29 PM

My sister's water broke!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeeeee! Baby Abby is on her way! She's 36w3d. (she's never made it that far before, her other kids were 34w and 36w)

I'm so excited! She has had a horrible pregnancy (very serious heart condition, IUGR, blood pressure issues, kidney problems, etc...) and I hope this is her LAST pregnancy. She's had 3 hard hard pregnancies!

So I hope baby Abby is big and chubby and healthy!! They were predicting really tiny, so fingers crossed that she's chubbier than the u/s thought.
#74 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 11:15 PM

Oh no, my sister's baby is transverse!! She's having a version right now....

they are VERY leary of doing a c/s on her because she has such a hard time healing from surgery. She's had incisions that are 1/2" long that take a couple months to heal... I can't imagine how long it would take her to heal from a c/s!!! I'm talking she had laparoscopy (sp?) and her entire belly button hung open with green stuff oozing from it for weeks

I realllllly hope baby flips!!!!!

Kimberly
#75 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 11:22 PM

:
Melissa...I just wanted to say that I just read your birth story and it is soo beautiful and it made me laugh and smile (only about the butthole part b/c I am experiencing contractions tonight that feel like that...ahhh! Get off my tailbone baby!!!)

That is so wonderful your ds was there and got to cut the cord.....
I hope I am as strong as you were when it is my time.....

gtg ladies..sitting is not comfortable for me now...bbl

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#76 of 176 Old 08-05-2004, 11:28 PM

Hi everyone!
Magemom-I am now officially joining you in grumpyland... I don't know what happened. Went to my appointment, had a pedicure, and came home and got seriously grumpy. DS accidently closed a door on my toe and I almost lost it. I could barely give him a bath b/c I feel like a dictator tonight. I apologized to him for being a grump and I've forewarned DH about the rest of the evening...

Perhaps I am so grumpy b/c NOTHING HAS CHANGED FOR ME IN WEEK!Still a bit dilated and my cervix is thinning and getting softer, but no big news. Doc brought up the induction word. I immediately almost bit her head off and said, I'm not going thru that again... (DS was not a planned induction, but waters broke w/ no ctxs and they gave me Pit). So, my next appointment is for next Friday, 8/13. I will have a NST to see how the baby is doing and if all is well, they will let me coast (I will be over 41 weeks at that point). If all is NOT well, then we will talk induction. Please say a small prayer to the labor gods that I go before Friday. I know it's small potatoes compared to what some of you are avoiding or going thru, but I just don't wanna do that again... :

Kimberly-What kind, encouraging words for Carla!

Carla-

Laurie-Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. Good idea to take the meds, IMHO. That should knock anything out. Please take good care of yourself...

Okay, my back is killing me and I must sign off w/out getting to all of you...please sleep well, mamas...
#77 of 176 Old 08-06-2004, 12:00 AM

hi all,

dh and i just had what is probably our last date before baby 3 arrives. we went to dinner and came home to do a belly cast. he went to pick up the kids and i just finished my shower.

i am 38 weeks now. i am feeling ready for this baby. we took several pictures of my pregnant body, now i feel like i can shed it.

did any one else do a belly cast? i did one for my second pregnancy. i wanted to do one the first time, but put it off too long. i thought it would be much harder than it really is.

i am sure we will have more baby arriving between now and monday. sending peaceful birthing vibes to you all who are still pregnant.
#78 of 176 Old 08-06-2004, 12:18 AM

Dodo - Doesn't bother me at all but just wanted to share with you and everyone...I'm glad you feel pretty open here. I do too. One of threads I just pop in on and mostly just lurk got closed after being moved and it's been this whole big thing. Very odd but just want to let people know so no one gets any alerts or warnings!!

Bears - maybe not having any appts. is doing a good thing for me.

So, what are your thoughts...I am out of EPO and 5W. 5W is not cheap... I was thinking about not bothering buying anymore. I can only go so much longer anyway. If it didn't do it's thing by now it never will is my guess.
#79 of 176 Old 08-06-2004, 01:35 AM

Ohhhh TRAAAAACCIIIIII!!! Where are you, sweetie? You posted "bbl" which I think means "be back later" and it's later and you're not back. Hmmmmmm.... I'm hoping that's really good news for you! Sending you wonderful birthing vibes and hoping this is really it!

As for me, I'm suddenly very antsy. Been having regular BH's all night long, but now I find myself wiggling through them. Rocking in my chair almost maniacally. Low pressure in my back seems to come with tummy hardening. This couldn't be it, could it? I don't think so. Of course, August 6 is the only day of the month I'd prefer NOT to have this babe so who knows?

Hope we're all resting well, and wishing more labor vibes for all those in need!
#80 of 176 Old 08-06-2004, 02:10 AM

Hmmmm, just passed a stringy piece of what reminds of ovulatory mucous. I'm pretty sure I'm not ovulating though. LOL. Could that be part of my mucous plug? Here's hoping! I know it could be weeks, but still, every little step is encouraging.

And, I just have to say welcome to Heather (polyphany) one more time! So glad you made it over here!
#81 of 176 Old 08-06-2004, 02:30 AM

Man, I'm just far too antsy to go to sleep right now.

I don't think I actually posted this earlier, but the results of my PIH bloodwork came back today. Don't know the actual results, but the OB told the receptionist that we'd discuss them at my next appt on Tuesday. I'm taking that to be fantastic news! So, I'm now in completely uncharted territory. I'm 38w4d pregnant, and non pre-eclamptic! Hallelujah! I've been so afraid to not make it to this day, I can't even believe it's here. Maybe that's why I'm such a jumble of energy.

Of course, everyone is asleep right now, so there's nobody to play with. And, I can't pack my hospital bag, cause most of the stuff is in my bedroom. Definitely bathtime, I guess. Good night all!
#82 of 176 Old 08-06-2004, 05:49 AM

Nobody here but me?

Okay, this might be it for me. I hate to actually type that, cause it will probably make this stop, but I'm up all by myself, and I've been having pretty regular contractions now for a few hours. I did manage to go to sleep for about an hour and a half, but I just got woken up by a doozy, and they're still coming. Here's another one...

I'm wondering if I should wake up DH or not. Hate to do that for a false alarm, but I still haven't packed my bag yet! Yikes! And, the car seat! I've also got a whole load of baby clothes in the dryer as yet unfolded. Guess I'll work on that now. I already cleaned the bathroom (at 1:30 in the morning). Maybe that means something...
#83 of 176 Old 08-06-2004, 06:05 AM

Caroline it sounds like something might be happening for you in the wee hours of the morning!! I hope that it's the REAL thing!! You sound like you're in such a happy place, today is a GOOD day to have a baby.

Katje, my midwife told me tonight at our childbirth class that 41 weeks is actual gestation time. I don't know why or what or who decided 40 weeks is THE number..........so at least in your own mind, know that you are not *really* overdue. You are just gestating for the full term

Laurie, I hope that the RX put an end to the pain you've been having. I take it they're not the ordinary afterbirth crampings. Those suck!!

Polyphony, bummer about the GBS+, I find out my status in a few days. I think my mw gives out antibiotics in a huge dose before baby comes as a precaution. I was neg for my other 3 girls, so I don't know if that has anything at all to do with this pregnancy.

Dodo, you sound bored out of your mind. I guess I am too, or I wouldn't be on the puter at 3 am LOL. I can't sleep either, and I don't know why. I'm so stinkin' tired, but my mind is whirling a zillion mph.

About the red raspberry leaf tea; I recommend Traditional Medicinals brand teas. They are organic, and taste yummy. Never a funky nor bitter aftertaste. I can't stomach plain RRL, so I take their pregnancy tea and the peppermint tea. Lately I've been adding more nettles so i could get used to the taste. I'll be drinking tons of it and alfalfa after baby comes so I can avoid the VIt K shot/drops.

Ahhhhhhhhhh anyone else.......sorry if I've missed you. I have adult ADHD and things just zippedy do da through my head and its hard to have coherent thoughts sometimes!! I guess I'll sign off now. CAroline, keep us updated!!!

Terri, sewing mama to 4 beautiful girls and the boy, Finn. We novaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifh20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsewmachine.gif since 1996!
#84 of 176 Old 08-06-2004, 09:52 AM

My sister had a c/s last night. They said the version was too risky because of the way the cord was laying (they did a sono first) and the amount of fluid she had left was so low.

Anyway, baby Abby weighs 4 lb 15 oz! Sooooo little!!!! I want to go see her so bad!!

Caroline: Sounds exciting!!! I hope to hear nothing from you today! Because that would mean it was the real deal!!
#85 of 176 Old 08-06-2004, 10:30 AM

Kimberly, I'm glad your little neice made it here okay and I hope your sister heals well.

Caroline, happy birthing vibes. I hope this is really it

To everyone else a big and labor vibes all around.

I know I haven't been posting much, but I do pop in a lot to read how you are all doing. I just don't have a lot of time anymore. Today is the last day of DH's paternity leave, but he got called into work anyway to do a search of a barracks. He is scheduled to leave on his first trip post-baby next week. I'm scared of handling it all on my own. Sara is easy, but DS is such a handful. Sometimes he throws these fits in the middle of the night and I can't imagine how I'm going to handle that plus Sara after he wakes her up at the same time. Next wed. will be my test run b/c Sara has an appt. and I'll have to actually venture out of the house with both of them by my self.

So I've discovered I wasn't very nice to the nurses during pushing and my duola thought it was hilarious. They would try to move my legs or shove chux under me and it would hurt like crazy (the only part of pushing that really hurt like that). I would scream and push their hands away. She thought it was great that I was sticking up for myself and not letting them do whatever they wanted to me, but really I don't remember doing anything. I just remember the pain everytime they touched me. She told them to just leave me alone

It's such a shock to me to have a baby like Sara after having had DS first. He never slept for more than 1/2 hour maybe hour long stretches and I had to be holding him. He cried 1/2 to 2/3rds of the day. He screamed if anyone else held him or if I put him down. I was never able to do anything like dishes ect. We'd let all the dishes pile up until every dish (including tupperware) was dirty. She is just so different and I am shocked. She's probably what everyone calls "such a good baby" She's so happy, smiling all the time once her tummy is full of momma milk.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I can't wait to read everyone's birth stories. I've loved them all so far
#86 of 176 Old 08-06-2004, 10:34 AM

I have a friend due the end of Sept and at this point i think she is going to have her baby before me.

Dh told me I am always this difficult - I feel so bad for him. I thought this was the worst I had ever been -
#87 of 176 Old 08-06-2004, 12:31 PM

Slept great last night, for a change, and actually have some energy today. Maybe I'll get to clean the house. My favorite mw is on call this weekend and next, so I'd love it if something actually happened. But when I wake up with this kind of energy, being pregnant actually feels ok again.

Kimberly, congrats, Aunty!! I can't wait to have neices and nephews. We are the first among our siblings in both of our families to have a baby!!

Ok, I think I'll go attack the fridge and get it cleaned up.
#88 of 176 Old 08-06-2004, 01:15 PM

Hi Everyone!
Still pregnant... It is beautiful here in the east today-like 75degrees and sunny with a slight breeze. A day made for a big, hot pregnant lady like me...Starting to think I have to do TWO major walks/day to get this labor going. The house WAS clean earlier this week, and now it looks like I'll have to clean and scrub again to be ready for the ILs should I go into labor.

Congrats to you, Aunty Kimberly!

Yeah, where IS AP??? Let's hope she's laboring...

Juju-Ahh, those last dates before baby comes...DH and I had a dinner date last Saturday night and it was just lovely... And no, we didn't do a belly cast. We've taken a lot more pictures this time, though, so hopefully I'll have a better picture record this time around.

Yeah, I think you're better off NOT going to the doc. Keep it that way if you want to remain as patient as you can. I'm beginning to think that this standard once/week thing toward the end with most OBs is just in place to make you crazy. : Just keep reminding yourself that you just CAN'T be pregnant forever...right???right????

Caroline-Sounds like things could be happening for you, sweetie! Keep us posted. Of course, it could be holding pattern, but it sounds like you're having more regular ctxs. Hey-and remind me again why you would prefer NOT to have the baby today????

Lena-It's so encouraging to hear your words about how Sara is so different than your little guy. My DS sounds like he was exactly the same as yours as a newborn. Screamed in anyone else's arms, colicky, cried A LOT, etc., etc...I'm sorry you're going to have to have your DH away next week. Can you get some reinforcements to help with at least the nighttime routine or to come if needed if your DS is having a nighttime tantrum????

sylvi-Isn't it nice to have some energy back????

Anyway, my MIL asked me this morning, "Do people still do the castor oil thing?" She said that with DH her doc recommended it to get things going and she was so scared about taking it (she just hated the taste of course) that she thinks she scared herself into labor!!

Okay, off to the park. Wondering if they have a trampoline there??? A few laps around the track??? Something to get things moving in the right direction. I would be quite a sight hanging from the monkey bars....
#89 of 176 Old 08-06-2004, 01:17 PM

Oh, and anyone else having A LOT less movement these past few days??? My little guy/gal has been realllllllll quiet lately... HB was fine yesterday at the OB's. But I still miss all the kicks and rolls, etc. that were pretty common up until about 4-5 days ago...
#90 of 176 Old 08-06-2004, 01:29 PM

Bears, my little one's movements have decreased for sure. Still feel a little action late evenings and night, but not like I was a few weeks ago.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page