**DONE** August 3 (for lack of a better title) Chat Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations Katje!! Sounds wonderful!!
#122 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 10:10 AM

I woke up d@mn grumpy because I had ctx 5 -8 min apart all day and went to bed GONE. PO!!
But, if all the energy went to Katje last night fine with me! So happy for you.

I think the biggest reason I am grumpy is I called my bro to put him on stand-by (he's coming over to watch the kids) and my MW (I didn't want her first call to be the middle of the night if things took off) and now I just feel like a fool. This is my third kid and I have never made a "mistake" like this so it really adds to my frustration/anger. Plus, I've been having some "something is just not right" feelings and this didn't help.

Oh well, it's supposed to be another gorgeous day so I'd better get out and enjoy it.
#123 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 11:10 AM

I think I found a doula! I did alot of research crammed into one day after my mini crisis about being induced and now I'm slowing getting phone calls back. Someone in my area called me back this mornign and it looks like it might work out. We're meeting on Tuesday. Woo hoo! I can't believe how everything is falling into place. I would like some input. She said that she doesn't have a set charge. She just lets her clients pay her what they think is fair. Pressure. From my limited web reserach, they said doula's charge between $200-800. If this gives you an idea of how much things costs here, my friend used a midwife who charged $1000. So, what would you say? I don't think she is liciensed, but she has some experience. Any input would be appreciated.
#124 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 11:26 AM

Hi Mamas (and mamas-to-be)!

Just a quickie here. Everything is still the same and I'm two days OD now. I know, I know, it's not as bad as some, so I shouldn't be complaining. Just wondering and waiting and hoping beyond ALL hope that I don't make it to my next aqppointment next Friday, 8/13. :

Ketilave-Hey, you just can't fool with Mother Nature. I guess even if you've had 6 kids you never know what your bod is going to do. And I'm sure LOADS of women have had false alarms and called in their babysitters or support teams when it's really nothing. What do they say? A watched pot never boils. Is that the same with pregnancy???

I was SO excited to read about Katje's little boy last night. Can't wait to hear all the details...

Christeeny-Glad you found a doula. I have no idea about what the proper charge is. I know Laurie (and a few others) do doula work so perhaps you'll get some feedback from them. I also had a pretty significant tear with DS#1 and I really don't want to do that again.

Hey, anyone else getting an appetite back again??? As I've posted in the past, for most of my pregnancy, I was really hungry. And then in the past 1-2 months it's really tapered off. Some days not hungry at all. Well, the last 2 days or so I've been ravenous again... Just ravenous. My favorites lately have been chocolate soymilk and bagels with cream cheese...I'm carbo-loading. Perhaps my body is ready for the marathon of birth? Or maybe I'm just eating like a cow b/c I'm HUNGRY!!!

Okay, maybe one of us will go today. I'm wondering if AP & Madrone have had their babes yet??????
#125 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 11:30 AM

Yay Katje!!! YIPPEEE! Welcome to the world little big guy!
#126 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 11:33 AM

Oh and Melissa.... I had a couple rough days where I thought I might be getting PPD. I did with my daughter and I've been on Prozac since 6wks pregnant this time around. I think I made it through that rough patch..... but there are no guarantees it won't come back.

((((hugs))))) to you. We're all here for you!
#127 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 11:37 AM

I've only read the first page and a half of this thread. Did notice that you missed me K8, and thank you for that. It's just having Simonee here. We've been busy and talking away. DS and her DD are having such a good time.

My bun has dropped way low. The basketball belly has completely changed. I had my hopes up on Wednesday and Thursday that the birth would be soon, but it futtered out. Feeling a bit of pressure now because they want to start NST on Tuesday. My due date buddy had her baby Thursday night.

Need to go into town to get some bicycle patches. Take care all - Tiff

: madrone - : SAHM to 12 y.o. DS, : 9 y.o. DD, and : 4 y.o. DS
#128 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 12:48 PM

Hey Madrone-I thought maybe you had your babe! If it's any consolation, I am scheduled for my next pre-natal on Friday, 8/13 and I will have to have an NST if there's no baby by then. Let's hope we both pop before that! :

And Melissa-I'm sorry to hear that you had such a rough day...You know I think all of my friends (and they've all had kids at this point) have gone thru some sort of PPD/PP adjustment thing... I think the media makes it seem like this big, scary thing (which it certainly is for some women), but many women I know have gone thru that being totally overwhelmed, scared, sore stage and I think people don't talk about it b/c of the stigma it gets. In retrospect, I definitely went thru *something* after DS's birth. Call it what you will... but most women I know went thru similar feelings. There is a PPD forum here. And of course, you can always share with all of us... I'm sure many more will have similar feelings in the coming months....especially dealing with TWO or more...

Okay, I should be treating this day like I could go into labor at any minute...it's a weekend, so DH is here and I have to take advantage of it...
#129 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 02:55 PM

My mw says PP issues are greater after women have their second baby. When I was 3 months pp with Amelia I lost - my mom actually flew in from Austria because I needed help and DH was on the road and just couldn't be home. I started on zoloft - and found out days later I was pg. So, not sure if it was a wild hormonal swing or what but I decided to stay on it for the pg and this pp. I was slamming drawers and screaming at the kids - it wasn't worth it. I take 25mg and within days my mom and DH felt I was more in control of my reactions.

Tiff - glad you are enjoying the company. So, no news is simply no news. I'll be thinking of you this week.

I have an appt. 8/10 - my first in 2 weeks. We will see what direction we go from there. I have no idea how this will play out since there have been no conversations with my mw about it. My guess is we will start with non-invasive stuff. I don't think I have to go in for a NST but as I mentioned before I don't put much stock in them. DS passed and it turned out he was struggling.

So, I finally broke down this morning. With SDs impending visitation and all the cr@p that's been going on with that I am a wreck. My mom is going to come down and help get me out of the house and then DH will focus on the kids and esp his daughter. I know I sound like the evil stepmom but after 3 years of games, nasty phone calls, emails, letters by the ex and SDs manipulations I just want nothing to do with her. No matter what you do, how much you give etc it's never good enough. She wanted to leave last time and now we are hearing about how we rejected her. ENOUGH. She and her mom have some sick relationship and I just want to be left alone. How I am supposed to have her around and feel that I am bringing my child into a warm safe environment of my home. SD is a snoop and spy - every move we make is reported back to her mom (and many we don't). I just feel as if my privacy is invaded when she is here. I really wasn't so concerned about being late but more than anything I wanted to ahve this baby before SD got here.
#130 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 02:57 PM

Congrats Katje! Another boy!! So far all the July born were girls and August born were boys...

Melissa, I hear you! I think the lack of sleep was getting to me last night... Thank goodness my dh was a saint and helped me feel a lot better. Just wanted to let you know that I am with you. I feel much better today though.

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#131 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 03:10 PM

K8, where in VA are you? (PM if you would prefer) I am going in October to see my folks in Richmond.
I am lowering my Zoloft to 25 mg till delivery then I will pull it back up. My PPD was after my 2nd and I was preg with him feeling similar to what I felt earlier in this preg. I did not have any help and was actually in a foreign country with DH gone and no phone or tv. It really sucked. If anyone was set up for PPD, it was me.

I am sorry about SD. I have no idea what to say.
#132 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 03:36 PM

Christine--

When I lived in MS, I paid about $300 for a doula. Did you talk to Carol Ann, or find someone else?

Mel
#133 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 04:33 PM

Hi! Just got home. Lily Marie Walthery, 8 lbs 7 oz, 19" long was born at 6:30 am yesterday, August 6th. All is well! Can't wait to catch up on the posts from the last few days and share our story and pictures.

Hope you all are doing just fine!

-Leah
#134 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 05:27 PM

Leah! Congrats. I love the name Lily, it's one of our top two choices if we have a girl!! Can't wait to read your birth story.
#135 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 06:33 PM

tried to scan the posts to see if i missed anything, congrats to leah and katje!
after my appt wed, dr called early thurs morn to say that he'd reviewed my appt all evening and thought that ian had mild oligo like shelby did and that we'd be best to get things further stirred up...i'd had pretty steady contrax's all night since he'd stripped my membranes wed, so i agreed. went in about noon thurs, broke water at 2:45 and ian arrived at 8:57 pm thurs night...sometime before/during labor he turned to posterior (we have no clue when since he wasn't on wed) and i caved and got the epi, which gave me a spinal headache...needless to say i'm supposed to be lying flat and not doing a thing, so i have to get off here and prob won't be back on for a few days...here's ian's stats first though:
7 lb 5oz, 19" - blonde w/ blue eyes...his head is bruised from smashing into my pubic bone trying to get out, but he's gorgeous nonetheless
hope everyone else is doing well!
#136 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 06:37 PM

foxytocin~CONGRATULATIONS!!

frognladybugmama~CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I can't wait to be announcing my little one's arrival. We are going on some nice long walks this evening when the weather clears up. Hopefully, this will get something going. Otherwise, I'm off to the hospital for prostuglandin on Monday evening.

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#137 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 07:14 PM

Congratulations Leah!

Ack, another person due the same day as me who's had their baby, lol!

DS and I had a pretty good day. I wanted to have a day where we just chilled out and had fun. We went shopping, to the park, played, laughed, ate junk and just had fun together. I even let him nurse as much as he wanted (which took more time than anything, lol!).

Which is something I wanted to ask. Are the preggies who are still nursing noticing their older nurslings nursing more? DS woke and nursed 1 hour 15 mins, an hour later he nursed about 45 minutes, then we went out for a while, he nursed for nearly 45 minutes before having a nap and about half an hour when he woke up. He had a few 5 minute episodes thrown in, but they were more random. I feel like my boobs are going to fall off, but I wanted him to have a chance to have as much boo as he wanted (I've also been curious as to how much he'd nurse if I let him go without restricting him). I feel like I'm going to be tied up nursing constantly after the baby comes if this one is anything like him. I remember his 3 hour marathon nursing sessions, which was often. It seemed some days I couldn't do anything because I spent so much time nursing. I love doing it and I hate to say no, but it gets tiring after a while. I'm going to have to dig some things out that I can do while BF.
#138 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 08:03 PM

OOOhhh I just know traci and caroline are having their babies.... and I'm jealous.

Congratulations Foxytocin and frogladybugmama! I'm jealous of you too!

Leah, what is oligo? I'm curious.

Does installing closet made shelving in new baby and ds's closets count as nesting?? It seems like the more I organize baby stuff, the more stuff I find I need to organize. How can someone so tiny need so much stuff???? Where are we going to put it? Where did we put it the first time? I guess now it is harder because two are sharing one room.

Also another random form of nesting, I burned two peaceful classical music CD's to labor to. And I made index cards with important information about Ben for any babysitter who has him, such as insurance info, dr. #, allergies, weight....stuff like that. I just want to take everything out of my house and put it back in and dust it off, and organize it. It is soooo frustrating.
I was also thinking about squeezing in a paint job in the nursery before little one arrives....hmm.

I wanted dh to do the dishes last night but he was "too tired" so I said if I go into labor tonight, you're going to hurry up and do them. And if my water breaks we are going to ask my friend (babysitter to ds) to do them. I don't want dirty dishes in the sink to come home to.

We're writing a birth plan tonight and making a phone list and address list for birth announcements. And making birth announcements. I looked through a catalog of made to order birth announcements and got some cute ideas and since dh is a graphic artist, he can make them on our computer and we'll just get them printed at a small cost somewhere like Kinkos.

Ds is walking around like he's drunk. I think he's getting sleepy.

I held a small 6 week old baby yesterday for almost an hour. She was only 8 pounds if that. It really *finally* occured to me that I will be holding one of those in less than one month at the lastest. It could be and I wish it is more like one or two weeks. All these fears and anxieties about labor and delivery and really, after all is said and done, I am going to have a baby. It made me giddy.
#139 of 176 Old 08-07-2004, 08:11 PM

Hi guys!

Congratulations Leah, Katje, and Heather! How exciting to have so many babies arriving!

Ketileve-so sorry to hear about your SD. It does sound like she might be interfering with your body being able to relax and have birth. The closest thing I have to relate is when my sister lived with us, it was hell. I can't imagine being pg and dealing with all that too. I hope your dh is able to resolve it soon! BTW, the snappi's you sent me are working great!

Thanks for everyone's concern! I feel better today. Yesterday I was so tired and dh was trying to work. When he went into his office once I just started crying, he came out and asked me if I was ok. I told him I needed to rest and he let me for the next few hours. But even after I woke up I kept leaking tears and not sure why. I think it is just hormonal. It was five days pp yesterday, and I think that is about right for normal baby blues. I did get depressed after ds was born, I struggled with it on and off for a year. Part of it was dealing with the c/s, part adjusting from working full time to being a full time mom. Anyway, I have been working on Nora's latch and my breasts aren't as sore today, and I have stopped trying to keep the house clean. I just order dh around instead.

My mom, sister, and grandma visited Nora for the first time today. My sister has a three month old boy named Ethan. After they left, Gavin asked where Ethan was. Joking, I said he is in the bassinet and they took Nora home, since you always wanted a brother. Gavin was right there so I thought he could see Nora was in teh bassinet. Well, the poor guy didn't realize I was joking and started crying, saying, "no! I want Nora!" He was so upset! I felt awful, I reassured him that Nora wasn't going anywhere. At the same time, I am amazed how much he loves his little sister already. I never dreamed he would have had that reaction. What a bad mom!

Labor dust for you OD mamas! I can't imagine how frustrated you all must be! Hang in there!
#140 of 176 Old 08-08-2004, 09:41 AM

That is so great Heather and Leah! Can't wait to read more about it.

Well, my brother came by yesterday to get the kids out. It was a suprise and very welcomed. Amelia was asleep but he took Brannon to the pool. Then my mom showed up and we all went out to dinner. That really helped keep me distracted. Add a very large glass of wine, and some good laughter and I was feeling a whole lot better.

I think we are just going to hang out some more today.

Oh - around here the going rate for a doula is about $200 (just labour and one pp visit) and hb cost for the mw is $2500. I hope that puts some things in perspective.

magemom - I am in the West End of Richmond. Come visit us too.

ilovebeingamom - days 5 - 10 are pretty rough. I'm glad your DH is trying to help out.

bwylde - Amelia is nursing for longer stretches. Pretty ouchy sometimes. But, I feel like my milk supply has really dropped some days and it frustrates her - I think she is more just sucking that anything.

GTG - kids are restrained while eating breakfast so I am off to get a shower ALONE!!!
#141 of 176 Old 08-08-2004, 10:27 AM

Good morning, everyone. Mine was fine till I looked at my tummy in our full length mirror, and saw strech marks all across the lower part of my belly! I am so close to having this baby, and thought i'd actually make it stretch-mark free. !!! I know, its NO BIG DEAL, but I was hoping, and they hurt everytime I touch my stomach! That's actually what made me look today. All night it felt like my lower stomach was hurting, now I know it was just the tissues stretching I guess.

Had some major nesting urges yesterday, cleaned up the house, and crawled around in the yard pulling weeds. Neighbor lady (she is the cutest 75 yr old grandma-type) came over and lectured me about hurting my back and then shelectured DH on how he should be the one pulling weeds! LOL. He was mowing the lawn, clipping bushes, etc. Anyways. It felt very good to be outside, it was a beautiful day. Today after church, there is a picnic at the park. I'm thinking I might go on the swingset, and see if that does anything. I really really wanna have this baby *before* my mom gets here at the end of the week.

Lizabear - sending you lots of labor vibes, I hope you are in labor right now!!
#142 of 176 Old 08-08-2004, 10:39 AM

:

miss you all...tried to scan...I see many of us are having babies!
typing on handed...as i had my baby too...just here to say please
Elise Soleil
7 lb 19 inches
born VBAC!!!!!!!!!
on 8-6-04 @ 3:49am....
will bbs......
will try to get list updated soon...sorry for the delay

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#143 of 176 Old 08-08-2004, 10:46 AM

CONGRATS!!!!

I am so happy you got your VBAC! Enjoy your dd- we wil still be here and many of us still pregnant when you get some time.
#144 of 176 Old 08-08-2004, 10:53 AM

OH HURRAY!!!! Congratulations traci! Enjoy these days. I'm so excited for you.

I'll be back this afternoon to check up on you guys....still pregnant here. BUt I got to tell ya, I am at peace with being pregnant until my due date, then I WANT HIM OUT. I have too much to do until then. That is less than two weeks away though.
#145 of 176 Old 08-08-2004, 10:55 AM

apmamma~CONGRATULATIONS!!!

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#146 of 176 Old 08-08-2004, 11:05 AM

HEAther! Leah!! Traci!! Caroline!! CONGRATS!

There is a thread below that MommyCaroline had a c/s... she made it to 9cm and started swelling.

OMG, this is tooooooo exciting!!!!!!!!!!! YAY for babies!!!!! We just had a FLOOD of em!

Kimberly
#147 of 176 Old 08-08-2004, 11:45 AM

forgot who asked, but oligo is short for oligohydramnios - it means too little fluid. fluid levels are supposed to drop at the end of pregnancy, but the borderline low levels are 6-8 and mine were below that...this happened last pg to me too, but we had advanced warning w/ her since there were other problems we were monitoring. it was a shock this time.
anyways, gotta go lay back down, congrats traci and caroline!
#148 of 176 Old 08-08-2004, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Ap, take your time. No one's desperate for an update to the list. Come back when you're ready!

So many babies have decided to join us that I can't remember who I have and haven't congratulated. Oh, wait, I'll cheat: Heather, Leah, Tracy and Caroline -- Way to go, mamas!

My daughter is both pretending to be a baby (hence the polar fleece wintersuit, the most sleeper-like piece in her wardrobe) and a mother who is expecting a baby (rearranging the kitchen cupboards, re-sorting already sorted baby clothes).

Christine, I also feel at peace with waiting, which is good since I could have up to five weeks to go. I too feel like there is a lot to do. The more I do, the more work I see. Why is that?
#149 of 176 Old 08-08-2004, 01:16 PM

Hi Everyone,

TRACI-I am so THRILLED for you! What a beautiful name.....we were wondering if you were in labor.....yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

and love to all of you that are past due... I'm right there with you. It's only been three days (I was due on Thursday) but for some reason, it feels like forever. And I don't even feel like anything is happening. No ctxs, no mucus loss, nothing...Just not sleeping at all, and loads of heartburn...eating tums like candy...

Starting to get the annoying calls from the FIL. I want to tell him, stop calling and bugging and if you really want to do something, take DS for a few hours!!! But, that would be too honest... :

Okay, totally self-centered post... more later if I can... thinking of all of you!!!!
#150 of 176 Old 08-08-2004, 02:27 PM

Hey Bears, tell it like it is!!! Let those IL's have the boy for a bit!! Do something for YOU!!!!

Now we need to hear from Dadenu.................is she off having a baby??

Terri, sewing mama to 4 beautiful girls and the boy, Finn. We novaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifh20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsewmachine.gif since 1996!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page