**DONE** August 9 -- "New Babies Everyday" Chat Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-17-2004, 01:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Caroline, I am so sorry for you!! Gall bladder pain is nothing to laugh at, I've seen it before! Poor dear I hope that they get that bugger out and all your pains cease. Maybe next pregnancy will be better because of this!!

Terri, sewing mama to 4 beautiful girls and the boy, Finn. We novaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifh20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsewmachine.gif since 1996!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2004, 10:40 AM

Caroline - I am thinking of you, DH and the kids. Keep us posted on your recovery and take very good care of yourself. I hope you have help

FYI - When I bottomed out and had an emotional breakdown down 8/7 my mw said that was when my prostigladins came in setting me off for labour - keep that in mind for those of you nearing the end or past it!
Old 08-17-2004, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Ap, I'm so sorry to hear that you and your little one are still struggling. Please take care of yourself. I will contact a moderator today regarding the birth-announcement list.

Caroline, best of luck with your second surgery in what...a couple of weeks? I'm glad you got to the bottom of the pain.

Christine, I'm not in the depths of despair yet (although I have been buffing my finger if not toe nails). In fact, I've been living it up a little. Last night I went to a very adult restaurant with old friends from university -- no dh, no dd and just a little sangria. It was heavenly. I took the opportunity to talk about anything and everything nonbaby.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:47 AM

Oh Caroline!!

I had a gall bladder attack a few months ago and seriously thought I was dying.

Hang in there, and I hope you recover smoothly.

My sister has a uterine infection from delivery (she had one after her 18mo too, I wonder if she's more prone to them for some reason?). So she's really hoping she doesn't need a D&C like she did last time. Can you imagine how that hurts right after delivery to have a D&C??? Ugh. She's in a world of pain right now though.

Kimberly
Old 08-17-2004, 01:24 PM

Hi Mama's....just a quick check in to let you know that our sweet daughter arrived on Sunday at 2:30 am!! Haven't named her yet, but she is perfect....6 lbs, 6 oz, 19 inches and a headful of soft dark hair. Will post the birth story just as soon as I can.

Best wishes to the mama's still due. Nothing compares, I had NO idea I'd be this in love.

Trying so hard to bf, poor baby can't latch on that well, so I'm trying to find a consultant to help me out. There is a LL meeting tomorrow night, is she too small to take to it? Wondering if I should try to get a private session in my house, or try the meeting??
Old 08-17-2004, 02:04 PM

Whoohoo! Congrats to all you mammas now enjoying your babies in your arms! I hate that it takes me so long to log on these days and check out how everyone is doing. I am staying way to busy and not resting enough. My mom has been so busy with college she finnal got this week off and is getting to spend some time with me and Gabriella. I am very happy to have her here.

I am trying to enjoy this last week before I start watching my dacare kids again. Gabi will be 3 weeks old on Friday. I can't believe it! I start watching the kids on Monday. I wish I could have taken off longer but we really really need the extra income so badly.

Kimberlibby: Will I see you at LLL tomorrow?

For all of you with BF troubles: Keep working at it. You can do it. And I am proud of all of you for not giving up despite how painful and hard it's been. Surround yourself with lot's of encouragement and support. You can get through this and you will be so happy that you stuck with it.

Pictures have been updated!!!

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
Old 08-17-2004, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvi76
Trying so hard to bf, poor baby can't latch on that well, so I'm trying to find a consultant to help me out. There is a LL meeting tomorrow night, is she too small to take to it? Wondering if I should try to get a private session in my house, or try the meeting??
Poor mama! Congrats on your new one! They do suck us in, don't they?

Do you have the number for a leader? I'd call now and not wait. Too small for a meeting, no, but you might benefit more from a one on one session or sessions before hand.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:23 PM

sylvi76~ Congratulations!!! What a little peanut! I'm so sorry you are having such bf problems!

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
Old 08-17-2004, 10:29 PM

To Dora theme - I did it!!

Maillie Elizabeth Here is the link to read up on my munchkin.

9 days old today and I can't fit into ANY clothes. I have to fly out to Utah next week too for black tie wedding reception and formal cocktail party.

Going to post this and test it to make sure it works. Settle in for a long read. Also, going to post this in the birth story thread.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:42 PM

Since I didn't have anything to say except whining....I wasn't going to post today. But then I thought, would someone miss me and think I was in labor? I better let them know--no baby here.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:39 AM

Congrats Kate!!! A girl! I want one!! I am so glad things worked out for you!!!
(FIL lives near the Short Pump Town Center, IIRC, I was not one to hang out in the west end- I went to Midlothian HS, if that mans anything to you.)

Still pregnant here. I have never been this late numerically. My last was born at 3:21 am on the 17th. But, he was 36 hours after the previous one, so maybe tomrrow.

DH was so mean. He called his mom and kept saying "Guess what?" and it was not what she was thinking.

I am kinda bummed. 8/12 was my most accurate due date ever. It was based on conception date, rather than LMP. Last time I negotiated to the 12th and had ds3 on the 17th- I figured the 18th for sure. So, why am I bothered? Could it be that I am a whiney butt??

Better get off said butt and pick up after my sloppy kids. DH has to be at work at 6am again tomorrow. Guess tonight isn't the best night for a baby anyway.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvi76
Best wishes to the mama's still due. Nothing compares, I had NO idea I'd be this in love.
Wow, Rebecca, that pretty much sums it up. Well said.

Caroline, what a drag about the gall bladder. So glad you figured it out, though.

And congrats to all the new babes!!! The rest of you are just about there.....it's August 18th today! Can hardly believe it. I remember 2 months ago thinking August would never, ever come.

This is my first week solo with the kiddos and the dog. I'm just barely keeping it together. Yesterday my MIL called to offer to take Nellie to the park for a while and I shed tears of gratitude. Hubby got up a bit early this am to give me a few more minutes nursing Lily before our morning got rolling, and again, tears of gratitude. But oh! Lily is really filling out and Nellie is so affectionate towards her. We're very fortunate for things to be going as smoothly as they are.

Crap. Forgot that I'm making cream of wheat on the stove with milk. Hope it hasn't boiled over yet. Really, just barely keeping it together. Better run.

Oh! Here's a few new pic's from yesterday:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/big...el%3as,3%3af,0

Love to you all,
Leah
Old 08-18-2004, 10:52 AM

Magemom - I was the same with my dates and Maillie was still 8 days late. Just the way I grow them I guess.

foxytocin - hang in there. 4 weeks and 3 months are big turning points. Also, keep your expectations low (or none) and this will help you keep it together. you'll be glad to accomplish anything that way!

christeenybeany - you crack me up. Whine a way - even pm me with it - i did plenty of my own.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:06 AM

Hi! I'm here to report that I gave birth Friday the 13th at 2:26pm to a beautiful girl!! We named her Shaylee Miranda and she was 8lbs 8oz, 20 inches long. She is a beautiful nurser and a wonderful sleeper. She was back to her birth weight when we were released from the hospital last night. I'm in the middle of writing my birth story and uploading pisc, so I'll share the links when I'm done.

Congrats to all the other new mommies! It's hard trying to catch up
Old 08-18-2004, 01:05 PM

Yippee Carla, another Friday the 13th baby!! Congrats to you

Terri, sewing mama to 4 beautiful girls and the boy, Finn. We novaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifh20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsewmachine.gif since 1996!
Old 08-18-2004, 02:12 PM

Yay Carla!! You were a hopeful vbac'er weren't you??? How did that go??
Old 08-18-2004, 02:16 PM

OH!! Katie is ONE MONTH OLD today!!! And she is officially rolling tummy to back! She's done it about a dozen times now Libby rolled at 2 weeks old! I have crazy rollers, LOL
Old 08-18-2004, 02:24 PM

So I'm painting the kids room. It was one of those things that when we moved into the house in March, we just knew we were going to have it done by the time the baby came, but time came and went and it didn't get done....until yesterday. I just got brave and picked a color. When I got home it looked like lime sherbert (I was going to light grass green--kind of like a crayola crayon yellow-green.) so I took it back and had them tweek it. Now I like it, so I have spackled and taped off trim and painted the edges. (I figured just the small amount required for the edges wouldn't be too much fumes) So now it is ready for dh to come home and use the roller for the walls. It will be the best one day paint job ever. Watch me go into labor sometime before it gets done. Just because I don't want to quite yet.

Ds will have to sleep in our bed tonight since the room will reak of paint.

CONGRATULATIONS--silvi and bwylde!! Sweet babies coming everyday. Just like the title of our thread.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:48 PM

Caroline, many healing and get well soon vibes for you! I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this right after Duncan was born! Big and know that you are in my thoughts.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations, Carla and Rebecca!

I did contact a moderator who told me how to take over the birth announcement list. When I get a chance, I will sit down and do it -- lots of babies missing from that list.

My two new preoccupations are

- last minute jitters (tell me why I wanted to have a baby?)
- air quality (I am dusting and vinegaring and air purifying and burning candles like crazy, I want this baby to have a day or two of breathing in air that isn't thick with cat hair, don't know why, but it is quickly becoming an obsession)

Magemom, are you still here?

Christine, I think that your baby's going to come soon. Painting the nursery at the last possible moment has to be a sign if there ever was one.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:27 PM

Congratulations to all the new Mommies! It just took me over an hour to catch up on this thread and I haven't even read the new birth stories yet. YIKES.

to all who are having BF problems. Hope things get easier for you soon.

Raiden is currently sleeping with DH and my Mom has DD at the pool. Uh, oh, just got the wake up call from DS. Guess I'll try to post more later.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:12 PM

nak, yeah we were trying for a vbac but things didn't work out .

Link to pictures: http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mve...=/b247&.src=ph

Link to birth story: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=183814
Old 08-18-2004, 10:36 PM

whine, whine, whine..

so I was bored and was reading in the September due date thread.. looks like some women there will have their baby before me... that's soooo not fair! I have been focusing on staying busy all week, walking a lot.. today I just laid around the house and I think I noticed maybe 3 braxton hicks all day. is there a whimpering icon?

mel
Old 08-18-2004, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo
Christine, I think that your baby's going to come soon. Painting the nursery at the last possible moment has to be a sign if there ever was one.
ITA!!

Mostly because this am I woke up with a surge of energy, and dug up all the carrots in the garden. Peeled and chopped them. Plan for tomorrow is to blanch them and freeze them. Plus, I picked out a paint colour for the bathroom and washed the walls down, and sent DH for paint. (I told him either I was painting the bathroom this week, or else I'm self-inducing with some RRL). He opted for the painting.
So if that surge of energy deal is true, then maybe baby will come!
The funny thing is, with DS I had this nesting craziness...but it started at like 36 weeks. And he was born at 40w4d. (my house was SO clean) eek! I am now 39w...and feeling like this baby is going to be here before it's supposed to...which is okay with me.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat4mel
whine, whine, whine..

so I was bored and was reading in the September due date thread.. looks like some women there will have their baby before me... that's soooo not fair! I have been focusing on staying busy all week, walking a lot.. today I just laid around the house and I think I noticed maybe 3 braxton hicks all day. is there a whimpering icon?

mel
I don't think so....
Maybe enjoy the lack of BHs though - honestly, I've been having cntrx all day and all night for like two weeks. It's getting kind of old, ykwim? I keep hoping it means I'm making a little pre-labor progress, but I have a feeling Friday's internal will reveal a whole lotta nothin.

You can do it! Just cook that little baby til it's totally done and ready to come out. I know I wish mine would come early
(The U/S dating makes my due date actually Friday) but my ds was only 7lbs3oz full term, so I don't want to rush it and have a wee tiny munchkin.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:47 PM

Hi everyone,
I've missed checking in with everyone...Congrats to Carla and Rebecca.

Sylvi-Get a good LC and GO to that LL meeting. Whether or not you bring her out this early is a personal decision, of course, but I think it's a good thing if you are having such a hard time with BF. With DS#1, I basically stayed inside and hibernated (almost lost my mind in the process!) for 6 weeks! (He was a January baby). This time, DS#2 isn't even a week old yet and I am antsy... Plus, how do you stay in side when you have another who already has a life??? So different this time around.

I may have missed her, but where's AP been? Last I saw she was having issues nursing... I hope she checks in soon or perhaps I need to focus more!

Foxy-and everyone else with those I'm-home-with-the-kids-for-the-first-time-blues... I am already sketching out about this. DH goes back on Monday and I am simply worried about logistics. For instance, how will DS#1 nap anymore considering he still needs me or the car to do it? Also, how do I make dinner, etc? All those questions that I have faith will fall into place sometime in the distant future... but are worrisome now...

And Foxy-I'm so happy to hear that your big girl is doing so well with the baby. I have to say that DS#1 is not doing as great. He is really into him, gives him gentle kisses, is always concerned about him, but generally is really rough around him. Not necessarily to him, but jumps around him too close. Plus, he's already hit him in the head with his head and left a mark! Tonight he licked his entire face (and last night, too). It is really difficult b/c I don't want to set him up to resent our new boy, but I have to protect my little one above all else, right? Someone please remind me that this is normal and that it doesn't mean anything to their future relationship? When DS goes to grab DS#2's head, I can't help but yank his hand away...this seems to be our biggest struggle right now.

Other than that our new boy (and I will give more details in an upcoming birth story one of these days) is doing great!!! We had a visiting nurse come out =to the houise (Nak) on Mon. and he was back up to 8,3oz, after being down to 8lbs when discharged. This was a concern for us b/c I wasn't sure how much milk he was getting. Plus, DS#1 got dehydrated un those first days.

Forgot how much a newborn poops! I am WAY in love w/ this babe...I think I'm experiencing the babymoon I missed out on w/ ds#1 for lots of different reasons...

Okay, more when I can...Best wishes to everyone still waiting...
Old 08-18-2004, 11:01 PM

caroline- I missed your news on my firsy go-round..please take care of yourself and I'm sorry you're going thru all this...

And AP Do you have a goos LC? Isthere a breastfeeding center nearby??? Things with nursinmg thius time for us are going well, but we hadsome issues w/#1 that in retrospect I should have rallied the troops for earlier...hang in there...
Old 08-19-2004, 01:00 AM

Bears I'm glad to see you back in action....take care though.

Christina...I'm glad I'm not the only one who's doing last minute painting.

I just don't feel very chit chatty lately. I'm having sooo many menstral type feeling cramps and just general lathargic laziness mixed with crazy "let's get things done" moments. I took Ben to Burger king to play in the indoor play equipment to make up for the entire day being inside and not doing much. He went wild. Now I feel a little better as a mom.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:14 AM

Dodo here I am. I folded laundry this am instead of computer time then lost internet for a spell this evening. No baby.

Christeen! As I was in the bathroom today I was thinking it would be awesome to quickly paint it. I bought a bed in a bag for my bed instead. It has to be so close for you! (bad mom that I am, I never worried about paint fumes after 12 weeks. with ds2 i did stop refinishing a dresser once I found out I was pregnant, then finished at 14 weeks)

Mel, I will whine with you. My back hurts. My hips hurt. I keep almost falling asleep everytime I get into the car. Which sucks since I am the one driving!! I missed my therapy appointment today and I really needed it. I was sitting on the toilet wishing I could use it like a normal person again. (belly is so low it almost sits on the seat too and the baby is so positioned I can't easily release anything)

I changed my white board at work to reflect how I am feeling
Yes I am still pregnant
No I don't know when baby is coming
Yes I am SICK of questions!
I am working half days and I am already part time but folks seem to seek me out to ask me questions!!! Do you see me? Does it LOOK like I have had the baby??

I am going to try and go to bed now. The little boys were bouncing all over and knocked my lamp into my arm after the shade was knocked off. I had to leave.

I am still terrified of PPD. I have been off the Zoloft for a week, almost 2 and I am falling apart. The first sign of real labor and I am taking one again. I know part of my depression is situational, but if I can feel the difference in 25 mg this time and 150mg barely dented it last depression episode, then last time it was not hormonal and definately is a chemical problem this time and that scares me. Situational I can stay out of. Hormones/chemicals? How do you work that??? I did find out that if my doc says I may not return to work it will be covered under short term dissability. Not forever of course, but if I do have it I don't have to worry about getting back to work right away. Of course the money part will suck. DD is worried about money and about flipped out when I told her DH was taking time off when the baby was born. Don't worry, you will get your damned cell phone. (it really would helpout with these last minute after schol activities)
Go to bed, me!!
Old 08-19-2004, 01:26 AM

Bears-I had to laugh when you described your ds licking your baby's face. I always say "I could just eat you up!", guess your ds is thinking about it? My ds is acting out too. It is so obvious when he is feeling a lack of attention. He starts getting hyper and jumping around, clenches his teeth, and starts talking about breasts. I am usually bfing at the time, so that is part of it.

I am very lucky in that dh works from home, so when I really need him he is just a holler away. The other night he went to the movies and I had one fussy baby and one preschooler who just wouldn't stay in bed. I thought I was going to lose it. Is anyone else's baby starting the fussy time at night yet? It isn't too bad, but it takes my full attention to keep her from getting really angry.

magemom-i hope you feel better soon, I am sure it is very hard emotionally w/o the zoloft and the added hormonal surges we all have. It sounds like you are very aware of your body and emotions though, so that must help some?

Labor vibes to all you mama's still pregnant!

User Tag List