Post Partum Bleeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-14-2004, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, how is everyone else doing on PP bleeding? I'm 8 days PP, and I've just started a fresh red burst. Grrr! I've hardly had any bleeding whatsoever, and then yesterday and today, it's been heavier. Still not enough to fill a whole pad throughout a day, but it's definitely picked up in volume. I know I've been overdoing it while my husband is home. We went shopping a couple of times, (had to buy some blue clothes so Duncan didn't have to wear all the pink stuff we have from Bonnie!), and we've gone out to dinner once or twice. It seems like I should be taking it easier while he's home, but the reality is he's too bored to stay still very long, and DD won't leave my side right now, so I have to go out with them. I try to use those handicapped carts if they're available (I did at the grocery store and at Target), so I'm not walking too, too much.

Still, I'm bleeding a lot less than last time. Last time, I bled huge clots for the first two weeks, and the bleeding didn't stop until I got my first period at 6 weeks PP. Hoping that doesn't happen again, but I had a lot of stressors last time that I don't this time.
#2 of 9 Old 08-15-2004, 07:14 PM

I really don't know how different the pp bleeding is when you compare the csec to vag yk? I am in my second day pp, and it has started tapering off to about half of what it was yesterday. I am not a heavy bleeder anyhow, so it's normal for me. I think if you have a fresh batch of blood though, you've either overdone something and reopened the capillaries on your uterine wall where the placenta was, OR you maybe just got some that was really sticky to begin with and it finally gave it up. Either way, take it easy Caroline!

Terri, sewing mama to 4 beautiful girls and the boy, Finn. We novaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifh20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsewmachine.gif since 1996!
#3 of 9 Old 08-15-2004, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

I think pp bleeding is actually the same, vaginal vs. csection. Last time I bled super heavy for about 6 weeks, this time, only lightly until yesterday. And, I've now filled several pads. I took it *very* easy yesterday and today, and it's tapering off again, but man, I was hoping this time would stay light.

Thanks, Terri!
#4 of 9 Old 08-15-2004, 09:16 PM

Well it will be two weeks tomorrow and I am having some bright red bleeding again. I passed a golf ball sized clot on Friday afternoon and before that the bleeding was dark and I only had to use one pad a day. I still don't need more than a pad a day but I have some more red bleeding. Guessing the clot needed to come out and now that area of my placenta is healing. I didn't ever bleed a whole lot other than the first day. And even that wasn't too crazy. My midwife said I hardly bled at all with the birth but I have nothing to compare it too so I guess most bleed more. I don't see my bleeding ending soon. And also noticed that I had more cramping/discomfort and bleeding when I was "overdoing it" so take it easy and let yourself heat.
BTW, my overdoing it also led (I believe) to extreme fatigue, infection of my nipples, a case of mastitis and heightened baby blues. So TAKE IT EASY. Nap, eat well and enjoy your baby.

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#5 of 9 Old 08-16-2004, 11:52 PM

Wow...
Maybe I'm exaggerating it in my head, but I think I bled for close to 5 weeks and pretty heavily until about 4. I changed pads constantly. That was a 22 hour induced vaginal delivery though. So maybe since every birth is different, every post partum bleeding is different. Either way the golden rule is to take it easy like everyone says.
#6 of 9 Old 08-17-2004, 10:56 PM

Wow, that sounds like what's been going on with me! It's soooo much lighter this time than it was last time. I hope it doesn't start up heavier again, I'm kindof enjoying the break! I know what you mean about overdoing it. I've been pretty good about it, taking a nap every afternoon and DH has been taking Kymera out for special trips. Luckily she's not attached at the hip right now. Although she doesn't want to leave "her" baby. We're planning a trip to the Zoo on Friday (we're renting a wheelchair for me), and that's my biggest worry about overdoing it. Plus I'm flying a week from Saturday to my new home, luckily my Mom is comming with me to help. I guess I'll see what happens after Friday, and then I'll see if it get's heavier again.
#7 of 9 Old 08-18-2004, 08:21 PM

I bled tons last time, but it's very minimal this time. I was worried about having enough cloth pads, but I could probably go the whole day changing only once (I usually change more so I feel "fresh", lol!). I expect my flow to pick up a bit as I get more active though.
#8 of 9 Old 08-21-2004, 01:46 PM

bleeding here too....i also passed a golf ball size clot and just about freaked...after all the other issues i have been dealing with i thought crimany...now what???

but i know now it is o.k....i thought iwas almost done too and then wahmo bright red the past two days and crampy and heavy..not dangerous heavy just heavy....

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#9 of 9 Old 08-21-2004, 03:32 PM

This is day 13 and I am bleeding enough to use a light pad during the day but nothing at night. This is the longest I have bled - maybe that means I won't have my period by 7u weeks this time. Shouldn't get my hopes up!

Oh - and for me the bleeding was the same with Brannon (c-section) and Amelia (vbac).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page