September Mama's Roll Call - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 102 Old 04-09-2004, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

I'm Nancy (28) and I'm due with #2 in late September.

I know when I conceived, so based on that, my date is 09/22. However, we are using 09/26 (based on LMP) to buy me some time if I am "late."

I am married to Robert (32). This is his first baby and birth. Our daughter Emma was born to my first husband, Michael, and I on April 12, 2001. Michael was killed in a car accident when Emma was 5 months old. Rob and I have been married almost 7 months and are 4 months pregnant!

I did not plan to have Emma in a hospital. I had a wonderful waterbirth planned with my midwives on Miami Beach. However, she was breech and didn't want to turn. So, after her due date passed and labor began, we chose a c-section. My midwife's husband did the c-section and it was a wonderful experience, as far as c-sections go! I got my essential oils and special music and even cloth diapers for my baby! However, we were separated for 6 hours, which was horrible. But, when she came to me, she was suckling and started nursing right away. We've been nursing every since!

So - with this baby (Mary Ella or John Michael) we are planning a home VBAC and are super excited about it!
#32 of 102 Old 04-10-2004, 02:55 PM

Well, I'm finaly getting around to this...

I'm Sarah, 28, and I've been married to John for almost five years and we have a 20 month old son named Jack. We are living with my mom right now (God help me) and will thankfully be moving out soon. She has been very good to us and is fab with Jack, but the time has come! I work part time as the fiscal director for a children's nonprofit org, which means I fit my former full time job into half as many hours per week.

I plan on having this baby at home (wherever that may be) with the same midwives who were with me for Jack. I transferred to the hospital last time, but after that horrendous experience I will stick it out at home.

I am so grateful for you Sept Mamas. With my last pregnancy I was part of a due date club on AOL, which was better than nothing but also kind of lonely since I was the homebirthing, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, etc. freak!!!
#33 of 102 Old 04-10-2004, 04:18 PM

Hey Sisters!

My name is Hillary and I am preggie with my first and "officially" due Sept 24 but I always tell people the end of September.

I am married to a really wonderful man, Joel for about a year now and we are blissed out to be parents. We are living with his parents for the time being for a number of wild reasons but I have arranged to have a homebirth at my parents house where I grew up because I feel more comfortable there. Just the fact that my dad is so cool with this lets me know this is the right place (he thinks our philosophies on life are a little out of this world!)

We are having a midwife but our goal is to birth the rest of our babies (if life should lead us there) in our own home unassisted.

My cat just had kittens and she did it all by herself in the very back of a dark closet and this has given me a lot of inspiration. I didn't even hear her crying or anything.

Anyways, I feel really blessed to have found this site and all you righteous lady-mammas. What a blissed out crazy world we live in.

Happy growing babies!!!

hillary
#34 of 102 Old 04-11-2004, 09:55 PM

Congrats Sept. Mamas!!!

My actual due date is Oct. 7th but I am certain I'll be a Sept. mama because I have mine early.... So, don't kick me off your Sept list :LOL

Anyway, my name is Aley (28), I'm married to my handsome man Ryan who is an amazing hubby, daddy, and police man I have three beautiful children: Jack & MacKenzie are fraternal twins who will be turning 5 in August; and my sweet nursling Sam who will be 2 in July. And of course the incubating wonder who will be born end of Sept/early Oct.

SAHMama to the "Fantastic Four"- 10 yr old b/g twins, 7 yr old boy, 5 yr old girl... : and expecting a miracle baby Feb. 2010...: Married for 11 yrs to my handsome Police Officer :cop:
#35 of 102 Old 04-13-2004, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to all you new mamas! Come join us on the other threads.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#36 of 102 Old 04-14-2004, 05:40 PM

Hi there...I have been wandering around here this week and i decided to post....I am 18 weeks and due Sept.14....YAY! This will be babe #3...I am hoping for another girl...already have 2 but dh is in need of a boy to raise.....either way, a healthy one is what is important. I am showing, finally...and the baby is moving. I am excited to have a homebirth as we live way out in the wilderness and i do not want ot have to drive to have a baby....among other reasons. There are so many mamas due in September...add me to the list!
#37 of 102 Old 04-14-2004, 06:30 PM

Hi, everyone! I haven't written in a while. Work and home are hectic. I had a sonogram today since I'm measuring big and now they think I'll deliver my girl during the last week in August but I'd love to stay on the September Mommies thread since I feel like I know you all.

Jen, I spent some time with my birth family this weekend and thought of you. All three of my uncle's children attend the only Waldorf school in Texas. My aunt went on and on about it. She showed me all of these great things the kids had knitted and some of their art work, too. Here in Texas, Waldorf students learn both Spanish and German. Is that the norm for Waldorf schools? I didn't know much about it until this weekend but Waldorf sounds like the way to go if one can afford it.

At my regular OB appointment last week, the nurse kind of insulted me when she said, "You'll change your mind", in response to my telling her that I didn't want drugs or an epi. Not only was that insulting but she doesn't know me well enough to make that call. On the positive side, I felt movement for the first time about two weeks ago. It is so wonderful! One of my friends says the kicking gets really irritating later on. I guess I'll have to find out on my own.

Anyway, just checking in... good luck to everyone with their taxes!

Love,
Kim
#38 of 102 Old 04-14-2004, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by austinmomma
At my regular OB appointment last week, the nurse kind of insulted me when she said, "You'll change your mind", in response to my telling her that I didn't want drugs or an epi. Not only was that insulting but she doesn't know me well enough to make that call.
With that kind of supportive attitude, I'm surprised you can get through seeing her without needing drugs!!! :LOL
Stay, Kim, stay!!!
#39 of 102 Old 04-14-2004, 06:50 PM

Kim,
Nice to have you join us! I am from TX also, but up north near DFW... Thats some attitude for a nurse to have, although Im sure its fairly common among people who work in OBs offices. Im sure MOST women do go in and make their desire for drugs very clear. Good for you for letting her know that you are different!

and congrats on feeling movement! I have been also for about 1.5 weeks now, although very inconsistantly. Its so exciting!

Welcome Lunamama! Stay and post more!
#40 of 102 Old 04-14-2004, 07:18 PM

Hi all you new Sept mamas! Just wanted to invite you to come over and join us on our most active thread, "Its April, Mamas." Don't feel intimidated by the size of the thread and feel like you have to go back and read it all the way through. Just jump right in, let us know what you're up to and we all know each other in no time.
#41 of 102 Old 04-20-2004, 11:11 PM

My name is Jenifer. I am due 9-11. We have one daughter who will be 4 1/2 when #2 is born. I am working with a midwife & hoping for a homebirth, but unless I can turn my husband onto the idea...to the hospital we'll go. Congrats to all of you September Due Mamas!
#42 of 102 Old 04-23-2004, 02:03 PM

Hi girls. My name is Julianna.
I am Due with my first on Sept 1st 2004
I just got married to David on March 7th 2004
This is our fist baby.
We are going to have a hospital bith with a doula.
I am looking in to hypno birthing too.
I want to use cloth diapers when this little one comes. (tring to make some of my own help)
I have been a doula since 99.
We are not finding out if this baby is a boy or a girl till DDay.
#43 of 102 Old 04-23-2004, 02:51 PM

Come chat with us on the thread entitled "It's April" under our Sept Due Date Club. don't worry about reading all our blather, just jump right in!

And congratulations on your little ones!

Anna Banana

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#44 of 102 Old 04-27-2004, 03:28 PM

Hi all,

I'm Karen. I'm 39 years old. I am expecting #3 (for me, #5 for dh) around Sept. 28, 2004. My first was a preemie (2.5 months) with Down Syndrome. I had him in the hospital (didn't realize I was in full labor at 29 weeks). My second was my dd. She too was born in the hospital. I had so many complications with both though they were both vaginal. I will be having this third in the hospital with a doula. I had this doula for my dd also.

I will be finding out next week if we are having a boy or a girl. The testing so far shows that this baby is going to be healthy. Dd was healthy after some problems with apnea and not breathing at birth.

My first two were born during the winter. I'm not looking forward to the hot humid texas summer for this one.

I'm glad I know of this group while I'm pregnant this time. I didn't hook up here originally until my daughter was 5 months old. I don't feel as isolated this time as I did last time.
#45 of 102 Old 04-29-2004, 12:43 AM

Hi there!
I am Linda-I am due September 12th or so : ) with baby #2
I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter.
Planning a VBAC homebirth with a midwife.
1st pregnancy-spent 18 weeks on full bed rest for preterm contractions-and ended up a Ceserean as dd turned breech 4 days before due date.
No complications so far this pregnancy.

I just moved to New Zealand from the States...8 weeks ago. So this baby will be a Kiwi : )

looking forward to getting to know you all!
#46 of 102 Old 04-29-2004, 02:57 PM

Welcome all you new ladies! Its great to have you with us! Looking forward to getting to know you all.

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#47 of 102 Old 04-30-2004, 08:33 PM

Hi

Im Michelle, a new member!

I have 2 wonderful little girls, Brianna was born 9.22.01 via emergancy c-section, after 2 days trying to induce and not going anywhere, and 24 hours of hard labor and not going anywhere!

Sydney was born VBAC 2 weeks before her due date. She came out healthy and happy. She was born 8.21.03.

I did get my tubes tied after having Sydney thinking I was for sure done having children. But god had other things to say about it! I got pregnant in December. (Not even knowing!)

This little miracle from god is due September 18, and its another GIRL!

I cant wait to meet everyone and go through our pregnancys together!
#48 of 102 Old 04-30-2004, 08:45 PM

Hi Michelle, glad you found us! I hope you jump right in on our It's April thread. That's where most of our chatting goes on. Don't feel like you have to catch up or anything - just start talking!
#49 of 102 Old 05-01-2004, 10:06 AM

Hi! I am a new member.... My name is Kelly, married to John for 13 yrs (been together with him for 21 yrs)

We have two kids - son 11 yrs old and daughter 3 yrs old.

Due with oru third and LAST!! on September 18th.

I have changed practices from an OB (10 to the practice!) to a midwife (with an attending OB) My son was a c-section due to frank breech presentation. Dd was a natural VBAC in the hospital (much to my OB's dismay!) and I am planning on another VBAC with the Midwife - in the hospital. I am too chicken to attempt homebirth -although I think it is wonderful! I would LOVE to try a water birth but the hospital I'll deliver at doesn't have those facilities.
#50 of 102 Old 05-01-2004, 10:13 AM

Welcome to all of you who have joined us! We look forward to chatting with you!
#51 of 102 Old 05-06-2004, 04:55 PM

Hi! I'm Suzanne, married to Chris for 7 years this Sunday, and our first human child is due Sept. 29th. We're going to a free-standing birth center with midwives; you have the option of water births there, which was really attractive to me.

chanale ✡, ❖bibliophile❖ ❇vegan❇ mom to diva (5½)
madly in with spiritwolf, dad to (9) & (5½)
#52 of 102 Old 05-10-2004, 12:25 AM

Hi! I'm Amy. I'm expecting #2 in September and depending on how you calculate our due date it is either September 16th, 17th or 18th....or the baby will have a mind of his own and come when he wants.
We found out last week that he is a boy.
We already have 1 DD who is currently 16 months...she will be 21 months when #2 comes along. Glad to see there are so many of us september mommies!
Amy

Amy mama to Emily love.gif & Ben fencing.gif

#53 of 102 Old 05-14-2004, 02:09 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm Summer. We are in California now but might be relocating to North Florida before the baby's born... We have 1 daughter, 10, and are expecting Emma to come along 10/19 or thereabouts! Is anyone else on the list in Flordia, particularly Jacksonville/ Fernandine area?
#54 of 102 Old 05-15-2004, 12:16 PM

Welcome Summer! Did you mean to type 9/19? Because 10/19 is October, and not that we wouldn't love to have you around here, but you'd be the last one left in the group after we've all had our babies! I have been a really bad typist lately, so maybe you're having the same issue too, damn pregnancy brain! Whenever it is, congrats and best of luck with your move!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#55 of 102 Old 05-15-2004, 04:34 PM

oops! yes, 9/19 is what I meant!
#56 of 102 Old 05-19-2004, 05:57 AM

Hi all-

I'm Samantha, I'm 33. Married to David for 10 years now.
I have a DD Tori who is 3 and a DS Jack who is 1. They are 2 years and 1 week apart. We'd always said we wanted 2 years between kids... didn't mean almost literally. :LOL

I'm a SAHM now. I live in HUMID Houston, Texas. Both my previous pregnancies were during the winter, I'm not looking forward to being HUGE during the summer.

"Radish" is due Sept 17 currently. The original date was Sept 26 but my u/s moved that forward. The u/s said we are having aother boy. I didn't get to see it at the time (little wiggler), but we think we picked him out watching the tape. :LOL

We are planning another hospital birth, same OB as last two. We've been lucky to not have any major complications with any of them so far. We will be cloth diapering #3 also. DD was clothed from 4 months on and DS from 4 days on. Also plan to breastfeed again. Did with other two. DS just recently weaned, my supply when bye-bye with this pregnancy.
#57 of 102 Old 05-19-2004, 01:16 PM

Hi Samantha,

Glad you found us. Jump right in on our April Showers thread - that's where we do most of our talking! I lost my milk during this pregnancy, too. Now I'm just glad to get a little break between babies.
#58 of 102 Old 05-20-2004, 03:24 PM

Hello, fellow pregsters. I came to the site looking for Dr. Jay in regard to a question about my nephew -- but when I saw the due date boards I couldn't resist registering.

So here I am, age 40 and due Sept. 18. I currently have two children, a 9 year old girl and 6 year old boy. This will be my first child with my new husband and we're pretty excited, though I must say I'm WORN OUT.

I see the chatting goes on in the April (?) thread. See ya there.
#59 of 102 Old 05-20-2004, 10:24 PM

Yes, we gab a mile a minute on the April Showers bring May Flowers thread - luckily may is almost over and we can start a new one before that one gets innavigable due to its length!

I love your MDC username, btw.

jen

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#60 of 102 Old 05-23-2004, 01:42 PM

Hi! I'm Vicki. I live in Indiana with my wonderful husband and our wonderful kids. My son is 4.5 and my daughter is 2. We're Jewish. : (OK, maybe not quite THAT Jewish).

I never thought I would live in Indiana for so long, but I came in for grad school and I seem to have gotten stuck. Even sillier is that I'm a full-time mother now and not using that degree to earn anything!

More to the point of this thread, I'm also "due" in September. My ultrasound gave me an EDD of Sept 4, but my son was born 2 days before his EDD and my daughter was born 7 days before hers, so I expect to go in August. I too am not looking forward to the summer heat.

My son was born swiftly and painkiller-free in the local hospital. I disliked birthing in the hospital :, but recuperating in the hospital was very good and made up for the less than fabulous birth.

My daughter was born at home with a really wonderful midwife , who I'm using again for this pregnancy. I hope to give birth (at home) before she goes on vacation and she hopes I go after she comes back! (She'll be out of state during my 38th week). Her back-up is a fine midwife and was there also when my daughter was born, but it isn't exactly the same, you know?

I have no official scientific word on the boy/girl question, but feel quite sure that I am carrying a boy. Call it a hunch. He will be our last, well, barring divine intervention!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page