September Mama's Roll Call - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 102 Old 06-09-2004, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd like to introduce myself!

I have three children right now; an eight year old dd, a six year old ds, and a dd who will be 4 at the end of August. All are very excited about their new sibling, due somewhere around the first week of September.

We know it's a boy because I had U/S to rule out twins, since they run in my family and I am so much larger than I ever was before!!!I was happy not knowing the sex, as I didn't know with youngest dd, Isabelle, and I got to "call it" myself, having caught her. She was a home waterbirth. However, I asked the kids, and they all voted that they wanted to know. It wasn't a surprise, as "boy" was my hunch, and I'm now three for three correct on those hunches!

We're planning on having another home waterbirth with this one.

Otherwise... I hybridize plants, and am an avid gardener, thus the handle, was a LLL leader for several years, until I moved and haven't hooked up with the local group. So I guess you could say I'm a big advocate of nursing. DS self-weaned when I was 5 mos. pregnant with Belle, and she weaned somewhere between 2 and 2.5, with a bit of encouragement.

That's enough of a tome! I'm thrilled to have found a board where there are like-minded people.
#62 of 102 Old 06-09-2004, 10:07 PM

Welcome! Hope you'll join us over on our June 2nd Week thread. That's where most of our chatting occurs!
#63 of 102 Old 06-23-2004, 06:42 PM

Hey, everyone! I'm Holly. Married 5 yrs to my TJ. This is our first child after 5 yrs of trying to conceive with PCOS. I quit my job in medical administration back in Feb after we found out I was expecting. Can't wait to be a SAHM to little Miss Emilia Marie

Emi will be born at the hospital. Seriously considered a home birth, but DH wasn't thrilled with the idea. Luckily our local hospital's birthing center is 100% natural birth friendly so I'm OK with that. We're using the midwife, not the OB. We plan to do attachment parenting & cloth diapering, so I've been spending some time on boards related to those as well.

Other than that, I'm just trying to finish up some projects around our house and generally get things ready for Emi's arrival. I love to read and enjoy gardening (although not so much this year ).

Glad to mee you all!

Holly
#64 of 102 Old 06-27-2004, 11:34 PM

Hey everyone! My name is Carla and I am due September 26th with my first child. My boyfriend and I decided not to find out the sex of our baby and I am really excited to find out what we will end up having. I am delivering in a hospital with a midwife and im planning on having a natural birth.

Well good luck to all you ladies due in September!
#65 of 102 Old 06-27-2004, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Carla! My mom is from Levittown, PA! Small world. Come join us on our weekly threads below.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#66 of 102 Old 06-30-2004, 09:03 PM

Hi! :

I'm Stephanie and we're (hubby & I) expecting our first child on September 20th. We're having a boy.

We're signed up for a hospital birth. I'm conflicted on the birthing thing, but I think we're decided. We're probably more mainstream than most on this board. We are going to cloth diaper and I'm super excited about that! I will be a WOHM after a few months, though, which I know isn't that popular here. But I still enjoying reading and learning from all the mommas here.

Good luck to all you September mommas!
#67 of 102 Old 07-02-2004, 03:17 PM

Hi Stephanie - I ended up having a hospital birth with my first and it was everything I hoped the birth experience would be. My son's birth was beautiful - I'm sure yours will be too! I work outside of the home too, so don't feel too alone, there's a whole Working Mamas thread. Hope you join in to our chat!
#68 of 102 Old 07-07-2004, 06:22 PM

I posted way back in the beginning of this pregnancy, but I got super busy with work and have been MIA since Feb/March. If ya don't mind, I'd love to come back and join you for the rest of this journey.

Here's a brief re-intro:
I'm Pam. I'm 27 years old and work from home FT doing medical transcription. I also just started teaching Bradley childbirth classes. I'm provisionally certified, and basically just need to teach one series and take a final before I have my full certification. Yippee!

I'm 29 weeks pregnant with a little boy! His name is Jackson Eugene. He's a very active little guy. I've had a really easy pregnancy. I'm planning on a birth center birth, but I'm having issues with one of the midwives, so who knows. I'm planning on CDing this guy, which is completely new to me. I've been busy building a NB/small stash and been totally sucked into the diapering boards here.

I'm a mama to Alex, who is three. He's still nursing about twice a week now. I thought that he was going to wean a couple of weeks ago, but then my colostrum came in. He's going to be a great big brother. He talks to the baby everyday and pokes at my belly button, which gets the baby so excited! They're already best buddies.

Last and not least, I'm a wife to my wonderful DH, James. He's a FT law student getting ready to start his LAST year of school. We've been married almost five years. We keep pretty busy between his school, our five jobs, Alex, our dog Nova, and all the other stuff, but still manage to find some time to spend with each other!

Looking forward to meeting and getting re-acquainted with everyone!

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#69 of 102 Old 07-07-2004, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome back!

#70 of 102 Old 07-07-2004, 10:00 PM

Hi Pam! I'm Nancy (28), mom to Emma (3.5), married to Rob, and expecting John in late September.

We just got home from our first Bradley class! I took them while pregnant with my daughter and loved them. I am taking them again because: 1) I figure it's a good bunch of info to review. 2) I am married now to a man who has not previously experienced pregnancy or birth. (My 1st husband was killed in a car accident when Emma was 5 months olds). 3) My sister is the instructor (provisional). 4) I love being having homework that requires relaxing!

Emma nurses quite a bit, compared to others her age. She nurses at least 4 or 5 times a day, I'd guess. She's nursing right now, in fact.

Oh, we use cloth diapers as well. I used them from birth with Emma. For some reason, though, my diapering addiction has gone crazy while preparing for John. I have over 200 diapers!

Take care!
#71 of 102 Old 07-08-2004, 09:50 AM

Wow Nancy! Our kids are only a couple of weeks apart in age. That's so cool! It seems that's not the only thing that we have in common either.

Thanks for the welcome Chrissy!

Pam

#72 of 102 Old 07-12-2004, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, ladies!

I wanted to go ahead and introduce myself as I am hoping to be a more frequent participant around here.

I'm Heather, 23, married to my wonderful DH for 5 years this month. We have one DS, Gabriel, born 03/18/02, and are expecting our second in early- to mid-September. EDD is 09/09/04 by conception, so we'll just see if this little one wants to come on time! We don't know the baby's gender, but I suspect it's a girl (and have thus far bought accordingly!).

Our DS is extremely excited about the new baby and will be here for our home birth, which I'm also thrilled about! (DS was born by c/s, which I think would have been very different had we had the care provider we do now!) We have always been basically AP parents, and are going a step further this time and planning to CD. I'm loving the idea and spending inordinate amounts of time thinking about all the wonderful dipes I'll need.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#73 of 102 Old 07-12-2004, 01:40 PM

Greeting to everyone that's recently joined our chatty September forum. Feel free to just join our weekly threads. We love chatting.

Hi Janerose- welcome to the group. Hope to see more of you around.

MamaAcorn- I have a Jackson! Great name!

SiValleySteph- Hi Stephanie. I'm having a hospital birth too. Both my previous births were hospital. I'm probably one of the more mainstream posters here too. But hey the more the merrier. We use the AP things that work for us and our children. Careful... cloth diapering can be addictive... ask me how I know ... we've been doing it for 3 years! :LOL

Mommymoses- Hi Nancy. Good to see you over here. I recognize you from Amity. Congrats on your marriage and baby #2 on the way.

HeatherB, saw your posts last night on the Diapering forum and was going to let you know we had our little chatty spot over here. Glad to see you found it. I'm just up the road in Meyerland/Bellaire, we enjoy the playarea at First Colony Mall.
#74 of 102 Old 07-12-2004, 03:07 PM

Hi sistermama! Thanks for the link to the working mommas section. I'll probably just lurk over there for now since I won't have much to add 'til I go back to work sometime in January.

Thanks for the welcome mum2tori! I can see how cloth diapering can be addicting... I think I'm already there and I don't even have a babe yet!!
#75 of 102 Old 07-13-2004, 03:52 PM

Hey Heather! I am so glad to see another mama from Texas here, especially one that is having a HBAC! I am having my 2nd VBAC, but first homebirth. My DD is 2.5 and she was born 12 minutes after arriving at the hospital after a labor about 10 hours long - all that just to avoid another cesarean. Am very glad Im getting to avoid that whole hospital drama again!!!

Anyways, welcome!!
#76 of 102 Old 07-14-2004, 03:34 PM

Hi, I've been lurking for a while

I am 29, been with my partner for almost 6 years now (wow) We have a 4 1/2 year old son & I am due with our second child on September 28th.

I will be attempting a VBAC and have great support from my midwife at our hospital to do so.
#77 of 102 Old 07-14-2004, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Pixi! I'm due the 28th with my second child too

#78 of 102 Old 07-15-2004, 12:06 PM

hi. I'm Shecky and I am new here. I am due on 9/23 with my first, although I have had remarkable success with raising cats, too. I am newly married, and also new to the Atlanta area. We are hoping for a natural childbirth with our mid-wife, and are doing Bradley to help prepare. Some days are good, some are bad, and right now I am on an upswing.

by the way...what is a DH or a DD?
#79 of 102 Old 07-16-2004, 12:54 AM

HI! I'm jumping in on this thread in the middle of July!

I'm Robin, 33 yr old SAHM to two wonderful kids. My dh of ten years and I have just started planning on having a homebirth with this one. He's come a long way on this!! He wouldn't even consider it before. Won't go into details here, but I'm getting so excited to start the HB journey.

Looking forward to chatting with you all more.
#80 of 102 Old 07-16-2004, 01:04 PM

Welcome Sheky and nestmama!

Please come chat with us on our weekly threads! We look forward to hearing more from you!

Anna Banana
P.S. Shecky was wondering about all the abbreviations.... You have no idea how long it took me to figure out that a SAHM was a Stay At Home Mom!!! Here's a little "cheat sheet"

DH = Dear Husband ( Damn, Darling or Devoted.... whatever fits the moment!)
DS = Dear Son
DD = Dear Daughter
LOL = Laugh out loud
WAHM = Work At Home Mom
TMI = Too much Info
BTW = By the Way
YKWIM? = You know What I mean?

Good luck!!! And if I got any of these wrong.... clue me in!!!!

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#81 of 102 Old 07-16-2004, 03:57 PM

undefinedundefined
Hi I'm Megan I'm 23 and expecting my first little one around the 20th of Sep. I've been with my partner Ryan for about a year now and we are planning a homebirth with a midwife. I wanted a UC he said no way
I work as a realtor and will be returning to work after baby arrives and Ryan will be a SAHD/WAHD. This is # 4 for him so he thinks he's got it all figured out.
#82 of 102 Old 07-18-2004, 03:27 PM

Hi Megan! Welcome to the Sept club! Jump in on the main thread, our weekly one. That gets way more traffic....

Caroline
#83 of 102 Old 07-27-2004, 04:30 AM

Hi!
I realise I'm a bit late to this group I have been lurking on the boards a while and thought it's about time I posted something
I'm Kitty and am 32 weeks pg and due around 21st Sept. I'm planning a homebirth with MW.
My pregnancy has gone pretty well so far and I'm now getting busy preparing for the home stretch.

Kitty
#84 of 102 Old 07-27-2004, 08:33 AM

Welcome Kitty! We have the same due date!

Pam

#85 of 102 Old 07-27-2004, 11:11 AM

Whoopee! someone from the other side of the pond! Now we can hear about antenatal visits and nappies!!

The September Mamas go intercontinental!

Welcome Kitty!

Jen

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#86 of 102 Old 07-27-2004, 06:59 PM

Thanks for the welcome!
Pam: thats cool we have the same due date!

Jen: I'm happy to add an intercontinental flavour.

I better go read the boards some more and try and catch up with the last 7 months

Kitty
#87 of 102 Old 07-27-2004, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyUK

I better go read the boards some more and try and catch up with the last 7 months

Kitty
: Kitty, you crazy cat! don't even try!!! Just jump right in!

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#88 of 102 Old 07-29-2004, 09:06 PM

Well, here I am right about 32 weeks, and feeling like Goldilocks.

One group...another September group...very supportive, but frustratingly mainstream.

An unassisted childbirth group...learning a lot, but it's a tad militant. I love the idea of UC, but not sure if I'm ready, and do NOT respond well to being told "THIS IS HOW YOU MUST BEHAVE."

Last night, I read several of the threads here, and Ahhhhhh...just right. My use of a midwife would be supported, should I stay that route, but if I decide to UC, I'd find encouragement too! Wahoo!

I'm 33, single (attached, but not to the baby's father...VERY long story), and expecting my first sometime late September to early October...the EDD is 9/24, but how likely is it that she'll (yes, it's a girl!) show up then?

I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado with my two furry children (basenjis, Katie-F8 & Clay-M3) and plan a homebirth. Suffice it to say that my pregnancy was quite a surprise, and after a day or two (okay, a day) of soul-searching, I realized there was no way I could look at termination for various reasons. Even though I'm pro-choice, it just didn't gibe personally for *me.*

For any other background, and a few pictures, I have a blog that's primarily about baby stuff: http://babyburge.blogspot.com/

Glad to meet you guys...even if it IS only for the next 6-10 weeks!

Allison
#89 of 102 Old 07-29-2004, 10:34 PM

It took me a while, Allison, to figure out why your children were furry, but after I googled "Basenji" it clicked

Do they really not bark?

welcome jen

ps: I hear you on the other supportive but frustratingly mainstream other boards... I had to give one up completely, it was too much for me.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#90 of 102 Old 08-04-2004, 06:37 PM

Hi! I just stumbled upon this site and I love it! My name is Sandy and my bf, Brian, and I are expecting our first baby on Sept. 13th. I'm currently 34w pregnant and with all the new perks and quirks that go along with pregnancy, it's nice to have somewhere to go and relate stories or get a sense of not being alone.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page