September Mama's Roll Call - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 102 Old 03-28-2004, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How about a roll call thread where we all just type some introductory remarks? Then it will be easy to refer back to when we're wondering how far along Caroline is, or who is due closest to me, or whatever.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#2 of 102 Old 03-28-2004, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

So, I'll start.

I'm Chrissy, 29, due with my second child on September 28th.
I'm married to Brian,
We already have one sweet boy, Noah, who is almost 2 1/2. He'll be 3 on November 14th.
I'm a sahm and love it.
We're planning our first homebirth with a midwife, after an induced hospital birth with Noah.

So that's me! What about you?

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#3 of 102 Old 03-28-2004, 04:59 PM

Thought this would be a good place to keep our due date list:
PM me for changes or additions.

9/1/04 - 3under3 (Danielle) - 4th baby - hospital

9/1/04 - mujul79 (julianna) - 1st baby - hospital

9/2/04 - Austinmomma (Kim) - 1st baby - hospital w/ doula

9/2/04 - JenInMpls (Jen) - 1st baby - birthcenter

9/3/04 - Chumani - 5th baby - homebirth

9/3/04 - hjohnson (Heather) - 2nd baby - hospital

9/4/04 - wardermom (Melanie) - 7th baby

9/4/04 - Adventuregirl (Sheryl) - 1st baby - homebirth

9/6/04 - Caroline248 (Caroline) - 4th baby - hospital

9/7/04 - Lazuli - 1st baby - homebirth

9/11/04 - mama2annabelle - 2nd baby - homebirth

9/11/04 - jkklmn (Jenifer) - 2nd baby - home or hospital

9/13/04 - Bananagirl (Anna) - 1st (maybe 2nd!) baby - hospital

9/14/04 - badomama (Steph) - 1st baby - hospital

9/14/04 - lunamama - 3rd baby - homebirth

9/15/04 - RaeinBC (Rachel) - 1st baby - hospital

9/15/04 - sistermama (Sarah) - 2nd baby - homebirth

9/16/04 - mellie-bellie (Melissa) - 3rd baby - homebirth

mid to late Sept - Blueviolet (Linda) - 4th baby - homebirth

9/21/04 - cuddlemama (Leigh) - 3rd baby - hospital

9/22/04 - Greenbeing - 1st baby - homebirth

9/24/04 - Jodie (Jodie) - 1st baby - homebirth

9/24/04 - bellasmum - 2nd baby - homebirth

9/24/04 - flowers (Hillary) - 1st baby - homebirth

9/25/04 - Mom2Baldie (Lynsey) - 3rd baby - home VBAC

9/26/04 - MommyMoses (Nancy) - 2nd baby - homebirth

9/28/04 - chrissy (Chrissy) - 2nd baby - home or birth center birth

9/30/04 - Boobykinmama (Heather) - 3rd baby

#4 of 102 Old 03-28-2004, 05:40 PM

Sarah, thanks for taking over the due date list for me when I went AWOL.

My intro:

Im Lynsey, 25, mom to 2 kids: Riley - 6 and Paityn - 2 and wife to Bert. We live in DFW, TX with our dog, Noelle.

I am due with my 3rd child on Sept. 22nd (I think) and I am planning my 2nd VBAC and 1st homebirth! I would really like to birth in water, but I know that I might feel more comfy on my bed or floor or whatever...

My 1st son was born by cesarean because of breech presentation and since my pregnancy and VBAC with with Paityn I have been OBSESSED with pregnancy/birth - to the point that I had to become a labor doula.

Since Paityns birth I have also become very interested in vaccinations, natural health, vegetarianism (is that a word?)...

Hmm, well thats all I can think of for now.
#5 of 102 Old 03-28-2004, 09:54 PM

Hi,

I'm Melissa, 23yo mama to two beautiful homebirthed kidlets, and due Sept 16th w/ another. Both of my other births were w/ midwives, 1st being on "dry land", and 2nd being a waterbirth. This time around I'm planning on a UC, possibly another waterbirth, but won't know that for sure until the big day comes.
#6 of 102 Old 03-28-2004, 11:32 PM

Hi! I'm Heather and I am 28. I am momma to Christopher who is almost 17 months old. I am due to have "lil bit" on 9/3/2004. Thanks to HELLP Syndrome, my first pregnancy was induced. This time around the doctor is watching me like a hawk and I am hoping to deliver with very few interventions.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#7 of 102 Old 03-29-2004, 11:38 AM

I am Jen the terribly chatty. I am 30 and live in Minneapolis with my dear partner/wife Jo and our two fluffy cats, Sydney and Eddie. I am growing a Sprout due to arrive in this world the first week of September, exactly the week *I* was due to return to my position of teaching German in a local Waldorf school. I hope very much to be able to raise our child bilingually.

I am giving birth at the Methodist Hospital Birth Center and working with their team of midwives prenatally. I have been planning a natural birth since I was about 12, when my mom told me of her experience having me with no interventions and how empowering it was to her, compared to the barbituate-soaked birth of my sister. I would prefer a homebirth but Jo is too chicken to do that!

peace, j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#8 of 102 Old 03-29-2004, 12:19 PM

Hi! I am Caroline, 28 years old. We are expecting our fourth baby, due the first week of September, but we shall see! I am a SAHM, have to be with four kids. We are negotiating our birth right now. We had a lot of complications with Bridget, so we are reluctant to have this one at home, but I am really leaning towards it. I just don't know. I am going for no epidural or anything, but again, negotiable. I had one with my first two, and not with my last. BUT, my second birth was excrutiating, my third didn't hurt at all. So I will see....

That is about it..

Caroline
#9 of 102 Old 03-29-2004, 12:35 PM

Hello! I am Sheryl (had to let myself out of the closet with that), 30 and expecting my first little nugget in September. My official due date is Sept. 4th (Sarah, you have the 5th). I am planning a homebirth, possibly in water, we will leave that up to baby and me when the time comes, but will have a tub ready to go.

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#10 of 102 Old 03-29-2004, 01:57 PM

Hey all!

Anna here, I am 26 years old and expecting my first child (children?) on September 13th. My hubby and I are both in school, him full-time, me part-time. He is finishing his education (which my job provides him with for free!) and will be student teaching in the fall. I take classes that interest me, for the fun of it and ace them. We have been married less than a year and are feeling pretty overwhelmed about getting ready for being parents.

It is possible that I am carrying more than one baby. My uterus is measuring larger than "expected" for when we think we conceived. It could be that I am simply a month farther along than we thought, but I really doubt that. However I have been stubbornly refusing an ultrasound. So...we'll see.

We lived in Madison, Wisconsin. We have two rotten spoiled kitties whom we adore and detest simultaneously. I love gardening, drawing and doing ceramics.

I am interested in doing a homebirth, however paying out of pocket is looking worse and worse. Also. my understanding is that the possibility of twins may complicate finding a midwife. so for now, it's looking like hospital birth.

So glad I've stopped barfing all the time!!!!
Anna

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#11 of 102 Old 03-29-2004, 02:51 PM

I'm Linda, due with my fourth most likely sometime in mid-late September. (Can I still be on the list even though I don't have an exact date?)

I am 37, a SAHM. My children are 7, 5, and 2 1/2. Two boys and a girl. This will most likely be our last.

My first two were born at home with midwives attending, and my third was a planned unassisted birth, and we are planning the same for this one. You can read a little about my birth philosophy by clicking on the BIRTH link below.
#12 of 102 Old 03-29-2004, 06:04 PM

Hi, I'm Melanie. I'm 29 and am having my 7th baby.
My first was born in the hospital, and the other 5 were born at home. This one will too.
My 5th was an accidental, on purpose UC. I wanted to have the 6th UC, but my dh wasn't really comfortable with that.
We have 2 boys and 4 girls. I feel like this one is another girl.
#13 of 102 Old 03-29-2004, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm Jodie, 25 and married 3years this summer to my wonderful DH.

We are having a homebirth, this will be our first baby.
We live in central Alabama with our two fur babies Tara(10) and Zada(6).

I plan on having a waterbirth, but we will see how it all works out at the time.
I'm due around the equinox! When people ask I just say the end of Sept.
#14 of 102 Old 03-29-2004, 10:21 PM

Hello!
I'm Meredith, 28. Dh and I will be married 5 years in June, and we're expecting our first baby at the end of September. We're planning a homebirth/waterbirth.
#15 of 102 Old 03-30-2004, 12:25 AM

I'm Heather, 32, due with my third Sept. 24 (my midwife changed my original sept. 30 due date to make it as likely as possible to have a homebirth, as I had dd at 36 weeks, which is the earliest I can legally deliver at home in AZ). Shankar will be four in just over two weeks, and Leela is 13 months. This pregnancy was a very welcome surprise. I'm a stay at home mama, which I love, and dh, Ted, juggles audio book editing and being a painting contractor.

We're planning a home waterbirth with the same wonderful midwives who attended dd's birth. DS was a planned homebirth, but ended up as a hospital birth. (long story).

Hmm, what else? We live in Northern Arizona, which gets pretty hot in the summer when I'll be hugely pregnant, but not as bad as 110 degree Phoenix. Lots of watermelon and lots of time in hanging out in a kiddie pool with my munchkins!
#16 of 102 Old 03-30-2004, 12:27 PM

Well, as nice as it is to see everyone's introduction again, all I can say is....

ADVENTUREGIRL HAS A NAME!!!!

Caroline
#17 of 102 Old 03-30-2004, 12:30 PM

At least you said it, Caroline - but I was thinking the same thing!

Now the big question for me is this: is it pronounced like sure-l or share-l?

Jen

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#18 of 102 Old 03-30-2004, 02:16 PM

Hi everyone

I'm Carmen, 27, due early September with my 2nd child. DD is almost 19 months old right now and will be just turning 2 when her little sibling is born (she's a September baby too). We are planning a homebirth, probably waterbirth this time around. DD was born naturally in a hospital with a midwife. Although it was a good experience I just want to be comfortable this time.

I hear you Heather about the summer heat and being pregnant! It gets unbearably hot here in Florida in August and September...just when I'm at my biggest. With DD who was born 1st week of Sept. 2002, I rarely ventured outside during the last month or so the pregnancy. It will probably be the same this time. Poor Annabelle will be couped up in the house all summer b/c Mommy's to huge and uncomfortable to be out in the heat. At least the mall has a nice indoor playground that I can take her to.
#19 of 102 Old 03-30-2004, 04:47 PM

I'm Danielle, age 35, married to Charlie, 38, for 7 years. We have three kids and are due on 9/1 with #4.
As much as I would love a homebirth, we are having a hospital birth again. Can't really afford a homebirth, and Lucy's super-fast birth was kinda scary.
#20 of 102 Old 03-31-2004, 12:57 PM

I just want to say hello to all the September mommies out there. I am Banana Girl's DH, and she recently got me to register as a member, so I thought I would greet the people I am always hearing about...

Well, I am really busy today and I have 2 go ( ) Bye Bye
#21 of 102 Old 03-31-2004, 01:08 PM

I am freaking cracking up over here! Thanks for the laugh Caroline. I don't know why I never let my name out, just never did.

Jen, its pronounced Sher-ul, like Sheryl Crow.

A husband on the board, how very exciting! Its nice to meet you, bombadil!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#22 of 102 Old 04-01-2004, 06:11 PM

Hi, I'm Savannah,

Due with TWINS Sept. 14, yay!!! Just saw the ultrasound confirming two babies last week.

It was a true answer to a 10-year prayer for twins. =O)

DH and I have a son, Nicolas, who will be 6 Aug. 28.

We live in Georgia.
#23 of 102 Old 04-01-2004, 06:49 PM

Welcome Savannah....congrats on the twins. Where in GA are you? My mom lives in Tucker (outside Atlanta) and my dad lives in Sharpsburg.

did you find the sex of the twins?

Caroline
#24 of 102 Old 04-01-2004, 07:32 PM

Hi all! I am Sarah 30, married to dh for 9 years. Sahm to 4 great kids and expecting #5 Sept 3. This will be our fifth homebirth. We live in Southern Utah where it will be HOT when this babe comes. I am excited to buy summer maternity clothes as all my other kiddos were born in winter/early spring. I have been a homeschooling mom for 4 years and love it.

boobykinmama, we live 2 miles from the AZ border in St. George, Utah. We are planning a trip down through Page in May. How northern AZ are you?

Have a wonderful day!!
Sarah
#25 of 102 Old 04-01-2004, 08:12 PM

No, I like to save the sexes for delivery day! =O) But I had specifically prayed for God to give us a boy and then identical twin girls. We got the boy, then twins, so we're all expecting that the babies will be identical girls! =O)

I live very close to Sharpsburg!
#26 of 102 Old 04-05-2004, 12:21 PM

I'm Lazuli (which I should just change my name to seeing that's the name most people know me by, online and off.) Let's see....I just turned 32 in March and live in the Chicago suburbs with my husband and five cats (Ofanial and Sammael, both 6 and Zorak, Yuki and Enki who are all 2, I think). We've been married almost 4 years and this is our first child. We're planning a homebirth, which both our families are completely against.

Let's see....I'm an aspiring writer who doesn't work and will be a sahm. My husband works for Red Hat as an instructor, which he absolutely loves. I'm an avid reader and I like to sew and tend to make Victorian clothes and I've recently taken up quilting. We don't have cable and our tv doesn't get any channels so the only tv we watch is movies and anime on dvd. I'm also something of a geek and enjoy playing video games and have my own website.

Nice to meet everyone!

Lazuli
#27 of 102 Old 04-05-2004, 12:31 PM

So... what's your website Lazuli??
#28 of 102 Old 04-05-2004, 12:56 PM

Ah yes, the website. It can be found here: Tangled Threads I really need to make myself update it sometime soon, I need to get all the galleries up and working and stuff. I'm too easily distracted by other things. *laughs*

Lazuli
#29 of 102 Old 04-06-2004, 07:38 AM

Hello everyone!

Put me on the list!

Badomama, Steph Adams, will be living in the Twin Cities by June, currently en route. Brain left Tanzania a couple of weeks ago, but body is still here sweating.

Baby Jeri, the gender neutral fetus, is due on September 14 or 11 depending on if you believe the u/s. S/he will be our first. I'm 31 and dh is 35, so we are READY finally. We will have a hospital birth due to insurance constraints, but plan it to be as intervention free as possible.

Hey Anna and dh, maybe I could get my dh to pop in here too since he asks everyday: "so what are the mamas up to today?" He is enjoying this vicariously.

Adventuregirl, I liked the mystery you had going there for awhile.

Steph
#30 of 102 Old 04-06-2004, 05:52 PM

Steph,

maybe we could bring your DH into the fold, and then create a new thread within the September mamas? This way, we partners could stop just : and be active participants without taking away from the vibe that you already have on your other threads. Just an idea...

Well, I have to run

Jerome (Anna's DH)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page