Just to quickly say that I had the level 2 today....IT's A BOY!
Totally surprised and thrilled! Donny and my husband are beside themselves!
And we have decided on a name:
Finley James, but we will call him Finn!
Here's the not so great part.
Everything looks great, except they couldn't find the nasal bone. The tech couldn't see it, and the perinatologist thought he might have seen it, but the angle was really bad. Then, when he did get a good angle, he couldn't see it. It is a definite marker they look for for Downs Syndrome.
So now, my risk of having a Down's baby is 1 in 50.
Amnio is the only way to find out for sure, but don't know if I want to take that risk. It's a .5% (point 5, not 5%) of a risk of miscarriage. Not that much, but still. I have had 2 previous amnios, but they were all past 36 weeks, and only to check for lung maturity (long story).
I did not have the triple screen, but can go have one if I do it this week (results are no good after week 20).
They said that the level 2 must be preformed no earlier than 19 weeks, and seeing as how I'm 19 weeks just today, maybe that made a little difference, but I don't know. Maybe another ultrasound in a couple weeks will make a difference? The Dr. was kind of vague as far as this went.
We would not do anything different if we had a child with Downs, but I'm just the type who wants to know. You know? I really do. I do not want to go 21 more weeks worrying. And I want to know now, as opposed to the day the baby is born. It just seems like it would be a lot more peaceful of a birth, and less stressful the first weeks afterwards.
My husband is completely awesome about it. He is not worried, and does not care either way whether we find out now or later. He has such a great attitude about it, and I agree with him totally......but somehow it is more stressful for me, I guess.
Any advice or statistics would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe we both have little boys????