Hooray, Chrissy, glad you're feeling better.
It's early and of course i'm up way earlier than I need to be, I wish this would stop. I tried to fall back to sleep and failed miserably, so i went downstairs and ate some cheerios...
OK, let me try to remember the list of 11 ways to turn a breech, transverse or otherwise unstable presentation:
1. External Version
2. Pelvic tilt - pelvis 12-18" higher than shoulders 3x/day for about 10-15 mins
3. Elbows + knees 10-20 mins 2-3x/day
4. Lots of swimming
6. Sensory stimulation near cervix - shine flashlight or play music at low uterus
7. Cold on top of uterus - e.g. put a bag of frozen peas at the fundus - supposedly fetus doesn't like cold, esp on head and will turn its head the opposite direction
8. Assisted handstands fully immersed in swimming pool (have a helper hold your ankles)
9. Inverted yoga postures *but only* if you are a skilled yogi and also only with assistance
10. Webster Technique (performed by chiropractors)
11. Homeopathic Pulsatilla 30x - has an effect on the uterine muscle
12. Moxibustion to Bladder 67 - an acupuncture/acupressure technique involving holding a burning mugwort moxbustion stick close to, but not on, a point on the outside of the smallest toes. Get an acupuncturist to do this for you -
Wow, there were actually 12?
It is finally - FINALLY - the last week of school. And there is so much to do this week. And I'm already prepared to weep with exhaustion, and it's only Monday. But today we have an assembly for which my 4th grade is woefully unprepared AND I have to scoot out of there in a hurry afterward because I have to take my car into the shop since it's still leaking antifreeze... Tuesday I am being taken out for Chinese with the 2nd grade to celebrate Sprout, and then we have a lawyer appt in the evening to start 2nd parent adoption for Jo
, Wednesday the evil nasty personnel committee meeting, and Thursday is the last day of school with the closing ceremony and tears and my 5th grade's class German play. Friday I have to get ready to go up north and there's another evil nasty personnel committee meeting that I don't even know that I will make, and Saturday I leave before noon.
You probably didn't all need or want to hear that, but you can sure send me some one-day-at-a-time vibes, if you're so inclined. This time next week I'll be waking up in a different bed (mosquito netting, no cats, no Jo... sigh) and we'll be expecting children at our gates in 6 hours. Small children. And a kitchen staff will cook good food and I can eat as much of it as I like.
I'm reminded of the song "Time Passes By" which I believe Kathy Mattea recorded.
I'm going to go see if I can get a couple more hours' sleep.