June thread-week 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 87 Old 06-06-2004, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to start a new thread....

That dream was touching, guess your body and mind are prepping..

I spent today organizing the girls clothes, so I can empty one dresser for the baby. I can not believe how many size 2 girl clothes I have. I am considering selling some stuff, baby girl through size 2. I know if I do that will ensure I have another baby though.....

I have to get my house in order, while my baby shower is ging on my DH is hosting a mens BBQ here, and after the shower all my out of town family and friends are continuing the party here....several are spending the night, so it should be fun!

I also ordered over $60 worth of those space bags. My mom has them and loves them, I am thinking I could take the kids clothes out of those HUGE rubbermaid bins and really save some room. Of course they are taking forever to get here and I want to do it NOW!!!

Well, the "angels" are fighting..again. I HATE THE RAIN!!!! : all day long....if we had swords in the house I am sure they would be using them!!

Talk to you all later..

Caroline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 87 Old 06-06-2004, 07:26 PM

I got to take a tour Saturday of the hospital I would give birth in if I choose that new doctor I am excited about... It was a great facility. Quite roomy and open. The only things I saw that were less than perfect (compared to the other hospital that's an option; the one I delivered in last time) -- the l/d rooms seemed much smaller than I remember mine being before, and there were no tubs in the rooms, only shower stalls with a seat in there. Grr. I figure it might not matter anyway, since my first sign of labor last time was my water bursting and I wasn't allowed to sit in a bathtub anyway.
#3 of 87 Old 06-07-2004, 01:37 AM

HI guys,

I feel so out of the loop. That stomach thing I had last week really wore me out. I am just now starting to feel completely back to normal energy-wise.

Anna, I hope your stomach thing was just a quick one and is now long gone!

My mom and stepdad were in town this weekend and my mom went with me to my appointment with my midwife. I'm really glad we had an opportunity to do that. I'm not sure why but it was just really cool. My mom really liked Nancy and when we came home she was even reading my "Homebirth" book!

Uh oh, dh wants the computer.
Glad to be back among the living and keeping food and drink down!
Chrissy

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#4 of 87 Old 06-07-2004, 09:01 AM

Hooray, Chrissy, glad you're feeling better.

It's early and of course i'm up way earlier than I need to be, I wish this would stop. I tried to fall back to sleep and failed miserably, so i went downstairs and ate some cheerios...

OK, let me try to remember the list of 11 ways to turn a breech, transverse or otherwise unstable presentation:

1. External Version
2. Pelvic tilt - pelvis 12-18" higher than shoulders 3x/day for about 10-15 mins
3. Elbows + knees 10-20 mins 2-3x/day
4. Lots of swimming
5. Visualization
6. Sensory stimulation near cervix - shine flashlight or play music at low uterus
7. Cold on top of uterus - e.g. put a bag of frozen peas at the fundus - supposedly fetus doesn't like cold, esp on head and will turn its head the opposite direction
8. Assisted handstands fully immersed in swimming pool (have a helper hold your ankles)
9. Inverted yoga postures *but only* if you are a skilled yogi and also only with assistance
10. Webster Technique (performed by chiropractors)
11. Homeopathic Pulsatilla 30x - has an effect on the uterine muscle
12. Moxibustion to Bladder 67 - an acupuncture/acupressure technique involving holding a burning mugwort moxbustion stick close to, but not on, a point on the outside of the smallest toes. Get an acupuncturist to do this for you -

Wow, there were actually 12?

It is finally - FINALLY - the last week of school. And there is so much to do this week. And I'm already prepared to weep with exhaustion, and it's only Monday. But today we have an assembly for which my 4th grade is woefully unprepared AND I have to scoot out of there in a hurry afterward because I have to take my car into the shop since it's still leaking antifreeze... Tuesday I am being taken out for Chinese with the 2nd grade to celebrate Sprout, and then we have a lawyer appt in the evening to start 2nd parent adoption for Jo , Wednesday the evil nasty personnel committee meeting, and Thursday is the last day of school with the closing ceremony and tears and my 5th grade's class German play. Friday I have to get ready to go up north and there's another evil nasty personnel committee meeting that I don't even know that I will make, and Saturday I leave before noon.

BLEAH.

You probably didn't all need or want to hear that, but you can sure send me some one-day-at-a-time vibes, if you're so inclined. This time next week I'll be waking up in a different bed (mosquito netting, no cats, no Jo... sigh) and we'll be expecting children at our gates in 6 hours. Small children. And a kitchen staff will cook good food and I can eat as much of it as I like.

I'm reminded of the song "Time Passes By" which I believe Kathy Mattea recorded.

I'm going to go see if I can get a couple more hours' sleep.

xo, j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#5 of 87 Old 06-07-2004, 10:20 AM

Jen did you stump the doctor with your question? I hope you have fun at camp. Makes me miss the few years I went to summer camp. Mosquitos YUCK! BTW my neighbor told me that you will be mosquito fodder if you eat bananas. Something about your body giving off a certain odor or something like that if you eat them. I know that Vitamin B12 helps keep the mosquitos away.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#6 of 87 Old 06-07-2004, 11:23 AM

We have a lot of mosquitoes out here -- in the country and near a river. This spring we all nearly got eaten alive, except for my middle child. We have never seen one single mosquito bite on him. It's so unfair!

Well, it is raining here, but my allergies seem worse than ever. I am not amused. I think there may be several culprits inside the house rather than outside. I need to get an air filter. Any suggestions?
#7 of 87 Old 06-07-2004, 12:31 PM

Good morning mamas -

Glad to hear from you Chrissy, I was wondering how you were doing!

Jen - My chiropractor has never actually gotten to use the Webster technique and is dying to try it out - I told him he is an evil man, and he had better stop hoping he gets to use it on me!!!

I found out that the house we are buying is on the registered sex offenders address list!!! My police officer friend just get me a number to get my address removed. At least I looked it up, can you imagine people thinking my dh was registered???!!!
#8 of 87 Old 06-07-2004, 01:27 PM

OK, finally caught up with the chatty threads. The rest of them, well maybe sometime this month....

Chrissy, I'm glad you are feeling better.

Sarah, get thee off that list! A little freaky that someone that used to live there was, though! Clear out that energy before you move in! Burn a bunch of sage all over the house.

Jen, deeeep breaths. One. Two. In. Out. You'll be fine, just take things hour by hour, its going to be over so soon. I'm glad the car was found, hoping for a recovery or total for you two. How long will you be at camp? You sure will be missed around here!

Saw my mw last week, total weight gain of 11 pounds, but baby is growing well, even a little larger than expected. She started to say "maybe you'll have this baby sooner than we thought" but stopped herself and said, "I should know better than to say that!". Yikes! I'm choosing not to put too much stock into that comment. Unless of course she says it again on two months! I'm 27 weeks now, third tri is looming! I start birth class this week, and will be seeing mw every two weeks now until 34 or 36 weeks, can't remember exactly when. Approx 13 weeks to go! Holy schnikes! Remember when we were all only 13 weeks pregnant? I better get some diapers and clothes in here, I have so little stuff. I don't want to be scrambling at the end, but its looking more and more like it!

We got a new kitten yesterday! A little 8 week old boy named Pablo (after Picasso). He is many different colors, but mostly black and white with those baby blue eyes, giant ears and a whole boat-load of spunk! He's crashed out on my lap now after a crazy climbing and wrestling fest. My big kitty is not particularly welcoming.. curious, but hisses if he gets too close. We're pretty sure he'll come around soon. I'll post a pic once I have one, as well as the time to slap it on the computer.

Well, I better scoot. Loving all of your updates, keep up the good work!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#9 of 87 Old 06-07-2004, 08:04 PM

so, you know that crunchie granola mom big sister of mine.... the one who paved the way for me with two happy, healthy, intact, homebirthed kids..... WELLLLLLL...... She just found out she's pregnant!!!! Horrayyy! I'm so excited for her! The funniest thing was how she told me... i was driving and talking on the cell phone, she called to talk about chinese birth chart stuff... and then she casually say's " Mom says to tell you that she owes you 20 bucks...." I screamed and immediately pulled over! when my mom was here visiting me a few weeks ago, i bet her 20 bucks my sister would be pregnant within 4 months... mom said, there was no way. that she didn't think they would have any more kids, at all. It turns out she had just concieved like 3 days prior to that conversation! Hah! Boy was it fun to call mom and gloat!

Had an awesome weekend, very lazy at home time with my sweetie.. and a super cool picnic for friends of homebirthers in the Madison area. so many lovely natural pregnant mamas.. so many lovely healthy kids.... so many silly hippie papas... so many BABIES in slings, ... so many openly and comfortable breastfeeding mothers, people were drinking wine, playing drums, catching frisbees, eating yummy vegetarian food.... sitting in the sunshine listening to birth stories, there was a big tarp covered in "freebies" clothes, shoes, diapers.... the works! People just brought stuff to share, i got some really nice organic cotton prefolds and a few cute diaper covers... It was so fun!

Went and saw the newest Harry Potter movie this weekend! It was sooooooo awesome! Seriously, it is a contender for my favorite movie in a least a year. it blew the first two movies out of the water! A new director, a new feel, it was darker, gritier, more "real" feeling than the previous two. The cinematography of this film was just so much deeper developed. the kids seem to have really hit their stride, they felt more natural, less contrived. I can't wait to see it again! if you have any interest in this film... i fully recomend going!

I just found a great maternity swimsuit this weekend and went swimming for the first time in about two months... it was heavenly! although I found my body reacted really differently to swimming... I don't float as well and my lung capacity seems to be affected already. I had a hard time holding my breath. i also noticed how heavy my body got as i came up the ramp out of the pool. it was like sandbags were put on my shoulders as I walked out of the pool... very weird feeling! But the swimming felt awesome, all stretched out and limber. I felt so strong and sleek and lovely... like an otter.

Must run! No more time....

Lots and lots of love to all
Anna Banana

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#10 of 87 Old 06-07-2004, 10:53 PM

So... should I just stretch out my speedo swimsuit that normally runs a bit too large and make it my maternity suit? I really value a good-fitting, well-made swimsuit. I know that feeling of getting out of the water and suddenly feeling like you weigh 500 lbs. I think that floating and laboring in a big birth tub would be delicious for the weightless feeling alone.

Anna, congrats on your $20 win and congratulations to your sister. And I'm so glad to hear that HP3 sounds good - this is the first time we haven't go to an HP opening night. I was just too tired, actually I was all weekend (I slept almost all day on Saturday).

Well, Monday is over and the assembly and the trip to the car dealer. The assembly was slightly less than perfect but I'm not complaining. It was SO HOT HERE TODAY, 95 degrees, sunny and humid, and we have no air conditioning in our school, so by the time the assembly rolled around, I was ready to go jump in the lake, but instead had to sit amidst all of my students and wait through the majority of the assembly to do their pieces with them. That was a huge run-on sentence - so bad that you would never know I'm a teacher! Tomorrow is Tuesday. Today came and went. Tomorrow will do the same.

Sheryl, congrats on your new catbaby, he sounds terribly cute. Don't fret about the baby stuff you do or don't have, you're going to be a wonderful lovey mama!

Heather - it seems that the mosquitoes love me no matter what I do. Thankfully (??) I think I had West Nile last year, since I had a couple of bouts of a flu-like illness that no one could quite put their fingers on. I am so anti-DEET, I use a couple of herbal bug repellents but they only go so far. We just do the skeeter-smacking dance.

Linda - we have a couple of the Holmes HEPA filters from Target and they do a great job for Jo's cat allergies. The bigger one, although slightly steroidal-looking, is actually quieter in comparison to the smaller one, since you can run the big one on a lower setting and get the same filtering as running the small one on a mid- or high setting. Know what I mean? In winter we run a Venta which is a combination air filter/humidifier but it doesn't have quite as good filtration as the HEPA filters do. Are you maybe allergic to mold? That's what got me going with all of this rain we had...

Even though I will be away for 3 weeks, I work at a rather high-falutin' summer camp where we have awesome ethernet access, so I will definitely be checking in at least once a day. Perhaps I can even manage to get some pictures taken with our digital camera (we have a couple of those on site too) and post them to the Yahoo page. If you'd like to check out where I work, you can visit the Waldsee homepage and learn a little. If you've got the patience to download it, you can even watch the Waldsee Video, which Jo and I created and produced (link at top of page).

Even though it's not even 8 PM, I need to start getting ready for bed. If I'm going to do this getting up at 5:30 thing (not the least bit voluntarily mind you!), I need to get to sleep a little earlier... this morning I went back to bed after my 6 AM post and Jo and I both overslept because she turned off her alarm in her sleep. She woke up at 9:20 and said "oh, s*". She was late to work, I was still ok.

*wave*

j

#11 of 87 Old 06-07-2004, 11:30 PM

Anna - how exciting about your sister! That will be so fun to have babies so close in age. I can't wait to see HP, just have to figure out the logisitics involving Jack. We thought about going last Sat night and getting Jack to fall asleep in the sling right before the movie, but I was too tired for a late night.

Jen - When I bought my last car, I did all the dealing through email (pretty much every dealership has something designated for "internet sales") and it saved SOOOOO much hassle. We went back and forth about price and options for about a week, then agreed and I simply went in, signed my paperwork and got my car.

After complaining about not having pregnancy dreams, I had a really crazy one last night. I am horrible about remembering dreams, so I don't remember anything except a name from my dream, Jill Cicio, and that it had been the name of my baby in a previous life. Okay, for starters, I have never even HEARD of the last name "Cicio" before, (I asked whoever told me in my dream how it was spelled). I googled the name today, nothing came up, but it did confirm that there are people with the last name Cicio.

I'm pretty down today, because my husband found out that he didn't get into the nursing program he was to start in the fall. He didn't apply anywhere else because he was "sure" he would get into this one, and now it is too late. I was dealing with the fact that he is a night laborer at Home Depot, because at least he was in school, but now I'm left with a prospectless husband, who makes as much for full time as I do for part time. His father thinks that I should go to work full time and let dh stay home with Jack and eventually, new baby. This may sound really shitty, but....never! He does nothing at home, so I would work full-time, do everything at home and hate him for being home. Rant, rant, rant.
#12 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 02:30 AM

So sorry about your hubby's news, Sarah!

Congrats to Anna's sister!

Yay that Jen gets to keep in touch while away!

and others...

I'm so excited that I will actually have a shower this time around, yippee!!! DH was starting to get irritated at me for whining about it to him now and then. Nobody was offering and my needs list was growing and my panic mode was setting in as we are watching our bank account shrinking, haha...

Nicolas went to a little sample class today at a karate studio. How cute! He was absolutely adorable, looked like he was having a blast, and he actually listened to and obeyed his teacher. He tries out another place later this week, and this time will even get a free uniform... The ways those marketing folks suck you in to stuff, haha!

I've been a complete bum all weekend, and love it! No dishes or laundry or picking up junk around the house... The place is a disaster area, but I managed to finish two more library books on twins and birth that were overdue and turned them back in tonight. I guess I could get off my butt tomorrow and actually do some wifey work, haha. I've been eating more and resting more on the bed and my wonderful reclining couch. This morning I finally weighed a little more -- 17 pound gain so far. Twin books suggest I should have gained 26 by now, but hey, I was about 20 pounds overweight to start, and the babies are growing well, so I'm sure it'll all turn out perfect.

Matt finally got to feel the babies kick the other day while we were resting and chatting in bed. He couldn't believe how strong their movements are, and was almost freaked out, like they are hurting me or something. I told him the little feet are only like an inch long right now; wait til they're closer to 3 inches long!

The babies change position a LOT these days. It's fun to figure out where they lie and what they're up to. I guess I have about 6 more weeks before they get too crowded to really move around.

I posted the circumcision article by Dr. Fleiss on a couple of twin pregnancy boards I read, and the stuff hit the fan! What a heated emotional topic it quickly turns into. On my favorite board, they weren't upset with my posts, but with another anti-circ mom who was much more militant in her views, haha. It's been a fun read, though. Got the boards buzzing for sure! At the same time someone had posted a thread asking moms for advice and experience about vaginal versus C sections, and another one for epidural or not. What a bunch of hotbeds of discussion...
#13 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 03:12 AM

Hi everyone!

Anna- Congrats to you sister!!! and to you for winning the $20. I can't wait to go swimming. Everytime I get the chance one of the girls is sick, its a cold/rainy day. . . something. The picnic sounds like it was loads of fun. I wish they would have one here.

Jen-If only I had that kind of energy. It makes me tired to think about ending the school year and going straight to camp. On the other hand I'm slightly jealous b/c I have always LOVED camp. as a camper & as a councelor. My girlfriend swears by lavender oil in a carrier oil as a mosquito repelent. There is also a thread going on about natural repelents. Many people on there are saying catnip is the best.

Sarah- There is a pizza place down the street from me that is called Ciccio's. I haven't had any preg dreams so far. With the last two I would dream that the babies came through a slit in my belly all of a sudden. Usually they would be really advanced too- more like toddlers or preschoolers, even though they looked like babies. I think I"ll pass on those for now if I can.
You really do have to get off that list - creepy.

Chrissy- Glad you're feeling better. Its so hard to be sick when you're preggo. I think I remember reading you went to the hospital for fluids (?). I had to do that with my 2nd pregnancy, but it really helped so much.

Savannah- Sounds like my house and your match! I can't imagine having two babes in there. And you can figure out their positions? I don't have a clue yet. If I hadn't seen the ultrasound I would bet big money this one had an extra arm or leg. I'm so jealous your having a shower! You deserve it with all the twin stuff you will need. Most people where I live only get one but some get another if they announce that they are having the opposite gender of what they already have.

I'm still feeling whiny and I wonder if there is any such thing as PRE-partum depression. I know its b/c we're potentially getting ready for a lot of changes at my house and the unknowns are driving me batty. That and the fact that the MW/Drs. can't seem to help me get my thyroid and iron levels regulated. My dh did get a call back about a job interview he went on. They said they had "good news" for him. Hopefully, when he calls back tomorrow we will get enough info that one of the unknowns will be answered - yeah!
-Kara
#14 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 10:29 AM

I'm back! Hurray! And I have no plans to go away for the next few months. Now I just need to get caught up on all the posts. The baby shower went well. No advice was offered, no one made any comments about our homebirth plans and the only time we got some weirdness was when a comment was made about our next child and we replied we already knew the next one will be a girl because she's coming from China. Oh, and the in laws made a comment about Vaysh being unplanned and my husband said no, this was planned. They were surprised by that. We didn't get anything we registered for...mostly we got clothes. And 3 dozen cloth diapers, which is most useful. Now I get to go shopping!

Last week was awful. I did too much and didn't get near enough sleep. I think my mom was upset with me on Saturday because I curled up on the couch and didn't help with anything, but I wasn't feeling very good and my insides hurt so I decided I needed to rest. I need to wander away from the computer now and go put laundry in and see about cleaning. I didn't do anything yesterday. All the stuff from our trip is scattered around the living room.

Hope everyone has a great day and I'll work on getting caught up on all the posts I've missed.

Lazuli
#15 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana girl
...went swimming for the first time in about two months... it was heavenly! ... the swimming felt awesome, all stretched out and limber. I felt so strong and sleek and lovely... like an otter.
ahh, i envy you. i swam a lot during my previous pregnancies and it was really good. and i was supposed to go swimming last night. the local public pool has a half hour for lap swim a few evenings a week, starting last night. i wrote it in my calendar and pressed hubby to come home a little early so i could go. but then he suddenly had to work on a big project asap, so we talked about it and got pizza and he spent the evening upstairs working and shooing the kids out of his home office. sigh. thankfully he wasn't grumbly about helping me get them into bed and asleep. anyway, he thinks this will be over soon enough that i can start swimming next week. i DO hope so.

i wish i were having more pregnancy dreams. i've only had one that i know of, and i don't even remember it anymore. luckily i told other people that i dreamed the baby was a boy - because that is the sum total of what i now know about the dream.

anna that is too cool that you won that bet about your sister with your mom. i'll bet your mom is glad that you were right and she was wrong, too. i know my parents (especially my dad) would be happy with as many grandbabies as i am willing and capable of making.

lazuli that's too bad that you think your mom got annoyed with you when you took care of yourself instead of helping her. my mom indulges me a lot when we are together, but she also makes underhanded comments about my housekeeping, which i will admit, is very lax most of the time and worse when i am heavily pregnant. still, her comments really bug me.

jen, i love that your camp has internet access! it will be fun to read about what you do there!

i don't need another shower - i had two for the first kid and bags and boxes full of hand-me-downs since then and if people send me more clothes i wouldn't know where to put them. but i would love some sort of "we love you and that new one in there, you big round pregnant woman" sort of party. i haven't the slightest idea who i could gently make a hint about that to.

the baby will gets lots of stuff (and at least one party) after he gets here, though. people at synagogue are always very generous, and lots of people will come to the bris and give us things, and my relatives always send lots of stuff too. folks went nutty with the pink and dresses when i had a girl! (i am just SO sure that this kid is a boy. i am going to look kind of silly if she's a girl!)

anyway, my have-a-party instincts and desires will definitely be fullfilled with either a bris or a brit bat, but it would be nice to have something that's really more for ME. (said the selfish one. )
#16 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 11:51 AM

So much to respond to!

Sheryl, congrats on the new kitty! Looking forward to pics.

Jen, your week sounds tough. I was going to invite you and Jo over for dinner on Thursday, but it sounds like you are busy. We are busy every other day! How about an early morning coffee? I'll pm you my new number (even newer than the last new number which we cancelled).

Anna, wow, the friends of homebirth meeting sounds super cool. Did you meet my friends Diana, Scott and homebirthed baby Paloma? We are driving over to Madison in July. I'll pm you and maybe we can hook up.

Sistermama, sorry about the bad news for dh. I can imagine how that feels because my dh and I have had lots of sure plans fall through too. Somehow things work out...

To those having or had showers, congrats and I hope you get/got lots of useful stuff.

Chrissy, glad you are feeling better.

New good book: Maternal Desire by Daphne de Marneffe. Thoughtful discussion of why feminist mothers might want to stay home with children and take a break from their careers. In my dh's academic world, telling someone that I will be a SAHM is definitely a conversation killer. (But then telling them I worked in the nonprofit world was almost as bad.) So I've decided to say that I am going into Quality Assurance. At least I will get a chance to explain that, whereas SAHM would just get me a polite smile.

It is hot here. Everyone keeps telling me how miserable I am going to be. This makes me mad. Maybe I will be, but maybe I won't. In fact, I am going to try not to be miserable just to spite those who are prematurely feeling sorry for me. How are others in hot places doing?

off to be trained by my friend's one-year old,
Steph
#17 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 01:02 PM

Good Morning!

Jen, your camp looks so cool! What a fun thing!

Its getting pretty hot here too, up to 100's yesterday in the flats (Meredith's House) 80's here. Not awful for me, especially where shade can be sought, but I was so parched even though I drank what felt like gallons of water. We take the kids swimming at our local community center on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I am looking forward to this afternoon. It has been nice to float around, since I'm watching the kids its not really swimming, but sure feels nice. I am wearing my pre-preg bikini top and board shorts, so its funny to see the little girls gawking at my belly. I figure its a good lesson for them in not being shy about your body.

At my mw appt last week she felt that the baby was head down and pointed out head and shoulders, so I feel like I have a much better orientation as to where the nugget's parts are. I have been getting surprised by some huge movements in there lately, a few rib kicks that make me change positions (I realize he/she can reach the ribs better if I slouch).

I started Spiritual Midwifery, and can I comment on some of the language in there? I am cracking up at things like "your pregnant woman will get you high" and trying not to feel weird about the very medical terms of t!ts and pu$$. Yipes! Just trying to not get bothered by that and keep on moving through, I do like the info and love birth stories.

Enjoy your days, stay cool and don't let 'em get you down!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#18 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 01:52 PM

The dream began with me settling into a warm bath...... now the unusual thing about this tub was that it was suspended from ropes and swung freely... also the tub was soft and supple... like cloth. so basically it was a big warm hammock of water which I sank down into (no issues with breathing) and relaxed in. the tub swayed back and forth and I was so relaxed. After awhile i realized I wasn't alone in there..... there was a small child sleeping near me, all rosy cheeked and warm with soft ringlets of hair floating around it's face. i wanted to reach out to "her" and bring "her" close, but i coudn't move my arms.... My desire was to bring the child to my naked breast so he/she could nurse... i awoke reaching out with my arms.

Immediately after the dream I became convinced the dream was aglimpse into the womb, the warm flexible swinging bath.... the child sleeping within... the intimacy..., and the desire to nurse the child..... very special.

anna

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#19 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 01:58 PM

Personally, I always feel like being pregnant brings me up to the same temperature as everyone else! I'm never too hot! It certainly gets hot here in the summertime, too.
#20 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 02:00 PM

I am so pumped about today and tomorrow! I have half of today off from work and all of tomorrow, tomorrow is our one year wedding anniversary!!!! We both have the day off and are planning to sleep in late, eat yummy food, go shopping together for some sort of special wedding anniversary gift, for both of us. We are gonna go out for steak dinner tonight, and i think I just might have a little glass of wine.... lots of chocolate is a must! oh and have i mentioned sex???? te he heee! sex is definitely in the plans for the next two days!

So, don't expect to hear from me much in the next few days... i'll be having too much fun to sit in front of a computer! giggle giggle.

Gotta go sort mail now.... Lots of love
Anna Banana

#21 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 02:57 PM

Steph, I am loving the hot weather (high '80's here.) I am normally so cold, and we have a cold house, and it rains a lot here, so when it heats up I am HAPPY. We've had a few days recently where I sat out on the porch in my underwear, getting a little sun on my belly. It felt SO good. I have to drink more water (MUCH more water) but I am happy to make the trade-off.

Sheryl, my baby's head-down too. All the kicks right now are about an inch above my belly button, and I can hear the heartbeat down near my pubic bone. YAY!

I love Spiritual Midwifery, Ina May annoys me to no end (I find some of her advice to be really awful and she's a little too obstetrically-minded for my taste,) but the birth stories are great. The made-up words kind of bug me ("taint" for perineum), but I love the hippie talk. "My body felt psychedelic and Holy."

Anna, what a beautiful dream, thanks so much for sharing it. Have a wonderful time on your anniversary (sounds like you will!)
#22 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana girl

oh and have i mentioned sex???? te he heee! sex is definitely in the plans for the next two days!

So, don't expect to hear from me much in the next few days... i'll be having too much fun to sit in front of a computer! giggle giggle.

Gotta go sort mail now.... Lots of love
Anna Banana

Blah blah..rub it in!!! It has been three weeks and two days for me . We tried to start a "gentle" little something, but the contractions started up again...so I guess we are officially done! Enjoy......

Caroline
#23 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 03:12 PM

Wow!

So much posting...having a hard time keeping up and responding to everyone!

Jen and Steph-
Wooo! It was HOT yesterday! We canked up our AC last night and it was SO nice! We had central air installed last year, thank goodness. My feet were so swollen. We three need to get together one of these days or nights!
Jen-
My hubby's in the last two day school craziness, too! What a grouch!
Then he has a week off before summer school. That will be nice!

"Spiritual Midwifery"-
I felt all holy.....BWAHAAAAHHAAAAHAAA! The talk cracks me up in that book! But I really enjoyed the stories as well.

Anna-
Happy Anniversary, early!

Sarah-
Sorry about dh's news! What a bummer! I would HATE for my DH to be the stay-at-home-person. He would play all day and not get anything done either.
There needs to be balance.

As for me, I am again in the midst of much eBay selling, and auctions are going well.
Donny (my 4.5 year old) has been sick with a fever and nasty cough for two days, but he's much better today. He is so sweet!

My little Lulu is busy busy busy, and has discovered that she loves to watercolor paint!

I am almost officially 7 months pregnant!
Tomorrow is the last day of week 27.
Can you believe it?
Soon you all will be joining me in the third trimester, though a couple of you are there already, too!
Tomorrow I have the GD test. I will let you know how it goes.
#24 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 03:28 PM

my poor feet have been killing me lately.... how swollen is bad news???? isn't there some sort of semi serious pregnancy related thingy.....

anyway, i can't even wear most of my old shoes.. too tight! The other day as i got barefoot out of the car to go in the house Jerome looked down at my feet and said 'Oh you poor thing! your feet are so swollen!" so i looked down and realized how dang silly my feet looked, all spread out and puffy! Oh well.

I'm not really worried or anything, i feel so dang good in general that I can't imagine there is something seriously wrong... my feet just are achey and swollen! Especially late at night...

i was so hot last night that I actually got up to take a cool shower at 3 o'clock in the morning! with the lights off... boy was that refreshing! I didn't even hardly towel off, just wandered around damp for about 10 minutes, before crawling back into bed.

i get to see my midwife today, so I'll ask her about my aching feet.... maybe she'll have some good ideas for me. I also hope she can clue me in on baby positioning... i've been visualizing and explaining to the baby where it should be.. " your little kickers should be right here... your head right down here... and your cute little bottom should be right under my hand right now" It's kinda fun... talking to the baby!

Gotta go work now!
Love, Anna

#25 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 04:39 PM

Steph, I love your comment that you are going into 'quality assurance'. I work in that now, so maybe I'll just start telling people I'm changing products!

So, after weeks/months of saying oh I don't show....I do now and I'm huge! Some friends are coming to visit this weekend and they like taking pictures, so I'll have something to post soon. I promise.

I'm really looking forward to their visit. I'm going to make them do some touristy stuff and if the weather keeps up we will be out hiking and seeing the countryside.

I managed to get my garden in last night and got about 20 mosquito bites in the process. Oh well the garden looks good and this year I used cocoa bean shells to cover around the plants. It smells so good.

Okay somehow my messages are out of sync, I thought I might post some responses to people, but as I scroll down I see messages I haven't read yet. All I can say is I'm thinking of you all, and wishing you well. I try to keep up.

We are having a mini heatwave and I'm actually enjoying it. Knowing it will end in a couple of days helps. I went swimming this morning and it was luscious. Wore an old too big bathing suit. I just can't seem to justify buying a maternity one yet. Will see what happens.

When I finally catch up on reading I will try to post some replies. Till then hugs to all.

Julia
P.S. Invitations went out for my shower. It's two weeks away. I'm looking forward to it cause it will be fun but also cause after I'll be able to start shopping on my own. Yay! I want to get my stash started. Especially the diapers now that we have a place to put things. The baby's room looks awesome. (I should post pics of that too.)
#26 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 05:24 PM

Steph - I'm in Fl and had Jack in July. Everyone was always giving me grief about how hot I would be, but it didn't bother me more than any other summer.

Anna - Time to get a really cute flip-flop wardrobe! Thanks to Jen, I'm well on my way.

My closing is supposed to be next week. Hopefully stuff doesn't get changed again. I want to move! I want to paint! I want my stuff out of storage!
#27 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 08:14 PM

Dear me. It's been a busy Tuesday here!

My 2nd graders took me out to lunch today at Ming Wok. Although they were not nearly as well-behaved as my 3rd graders at the German restaurant, we had fun. I sat across from a 2nd grade mom who is a trained classical homeopath and we had interesting conversations.

We got an invitation today for a friend's son's 1st birthday party. ... Do most 1-year-olds have birthday parties? It seems a bit ... well, much for a 1-year-old. But maybe it's just me.

Steph - you could also say that you are a domestic engineer or a human development coordinator/facilitator. My mother used domestic engineer more than a few times.

Danielle - no kidding about the heat yesterday. YUCK. I'm surprised that most schools seem to be going as long as we are - I thought we were going late this year, but I guess not, as Minneapolis and Minnetonka still seem to be in session.

Anna - put those achin' dogs up! Let all that fluid drain out! I had swollen feet when I came home on Sunday. I think the hot weather has a lot to do with it, too. You're right that sudden and extreme swelling of the hands and feet is a sign of preeclampsia, but I think that in that case it comes on very unexpectedly and suddenly, and is usually accompanied by high blood pressure and protein in the urine.

Julia I have to say that I'm a little jealous of the baby's room, not because we want to necessarily put the child in a different room but just the fact that you have a room that is dedicated to the baby. We don't and we're not sure how we're going to create one in the future with all of these books we have! In the meantime, all of the baby's stuff is in our room. I love that our bedrooms are big, but frankly, I wish they would have split the 2 big bedrooms into 3 smaller bedrooms...

Well, Sproutie is moving around a lot reminding me that I was supposed to come home and take a nap. Haven't done that yet - maybe it's time, eh?

j+s

#28 of 87 Old 06-08-2004, 08:38 PM

Anna, you can start to be concerned if your face starts swelling or if when you press into your skin with your thumb the indentation stays there. And of course if your blood pressure is higher than normal. Otherwise just keep drinking water and don't worry!
#29 of 87 Old 06-09-2004, 04:03 AM

Evening ladies!

I've been so busy the last couple of days. I guess I'm "nesting" I've been trying to get things organized and just some general deep cleaning around here. It's amazing with David having been home (he's been working out of the house lately) for the past 6 months... he creates a lot of mess. I just get to a point... I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!! That and we "re-organized" and moved two rooms about 6 weeks ago and I'm just tired of it not being FINISHED! It's all the little stuff that just never seems to have an actual place. We really need a bigger house! Like double this size. :LOL :LOL Sigh... I wish...

I bought a maternity swimsuit at Target 2 weeks ago for our trip to New Braunfels. I never had to worry about a swimsuit before because both pregnancies were winter ones. :LOL Well I'm glad I bought one, we are going to sign both Tori and Jack up for swim classes at the Y in the next month. And I think I'll go swimming there a bit myself. I really need to get back into better shape. Preferably before Radish gets here. Tori is obsessed with water, we need to get her little kiddie pool set back up. First David needs to finish the dog run because Tucker (our 7 month puppy) chewed a hole in her other one (luckily it was only $6 at Walmart :LOL).

Quote:
We got an invitation today for a friend's son's 1st birthday party. ... Do most 1-year-olds have birthday parties? It seems a bit ... well, much for a 1-year-old. But maybe it's just me.
We did have a party for Tori's first birthday and one for Jack's (that was also Tori's "3rd" birthday party). We had a cake for the kids' to demolish and a few presents but it was more of a gathering of our friends. We bar-b-qed oysters and boiled crawfish and everyone staying until late evening (kids passed out at usual time ).

It's late and I should be in bed.
#30 of 87 Old 06-09-2004, 04:22 AM

Anna, what a beautiful dream!!! Thanks [CODE]for sharing. And enjoy your relaxing anniversary. How many is it again?

Sheryl, I want to see a picture of you in your cute belly-baring bikini getup. I'll bet you looked great!

Wow, Danielle, third tri already?? That's awesome! I thought it started at 27 weeks, so I was glad to see your post. It is nicer to stretch out the middle tri, since we're feeling better then, anyway. I'll be there in 2 weeks.

Feeling kicks one inch above the belly button, eh? Mine are almost to the ribs already! And I have suddenly developed this very pronounced (and cute, I think ) crease under my big belly when I sit. It's like a giant soccer ball! If I don't finally look bigger than ya'll in our next round of pictures I'll be amazed, haha.

We had a big party for Nicolas at age 1. I have four sisters and brothers and their families, and three of them were there. Plus my mom and stepdad, cousin and his family, and I think two or three little one year old friends and their parents. It turned out to be quite a large gathering. Nicolas had a miniature cake of his own, and dutifully smeared it all over himself for the pictures, haha!

User Tag List