How much is your baby moving? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 27 Old 06-17-2004, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For my first i seem to remember that she moved A LOT and all the time from very early on. At 26 wks now I am often worried that this baby is not moving that much. There are definitely days that I stop and think, I haven't felt it move today so I have to sit down or lie down and try to pay attention, then I usually feel it, but I am concerned that it is so much less than my first. I don't sit down much during the day and this could be partly why I'm just not feeling it, b/c when I do it usually starts going, but still not as strong as my first...

So what's going on in your belly's? Not that we should seriously compare this, I'm just curious! And don't know anyone else that is at this stage of pregnancy IRL!!

~Holly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 27 Old 06-17-2004, 07:52 AM

I think how much you feel can be dependant on the baby's position; if the baby is facing back, arms and legs are kicking where you won't feel it. So, maybe your baby is facing back? Can you feel large flat areas that could be back/butt?
#3 of 27 Old 06-17-2004, 09:59 AM

This kid is so stuborn about moving "when" I want him / her to! During the day at work I sometimes am getting kicked sooo much it is quite distracting and frustrating.... but when i get home for the evening and want to share baby movement with my hubby, the kid holds soooo still!
I swear it is in direct porportion to how badly I or some other person wants to feel the baby move! silly stuborn baby!

Anna Banana

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010

#4 of 27 Old 06-17-2004, 11:51 AM

Baby seems to be quieter lately. I'm almost 29 weeks.
#5 of 27 Old 06-17-2004, 12:13 PM

I am 29 weeks and this kid won't stop moving!
I am glad for it, but sometimes it's actually nauseating!
#6 of 27 Old 06-17-2004, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I am 24 weeks (26 LMP) and not feeling a huge amount of movement. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm eating less sugar than before?

Plantmommy, why would you not be able to feel kicking on the backside? I mean, you're right, I never do, but why?

Holly, do you know where the placenta in relation to the baby? Maybe the baby is in just the right position to be kicking that, in which case you wouldn't feel it.
#7 of 27 Old 06-17-2004, 02:26 PM

I am 26 weeks pregnant (from LMP), like you, and I do feel quite a bit of movement all throughout the day and night.

Like Linda said, if you have an anterior placenta it will kind of cushion the babys kicks and you wont feel them as well... Also, you said you dont sit down much during the day...it could be that you just arent feeling the babys movements because you are too busy. I know that when I am focused on my other kids, I dont really notice the baby at all. On Tuesday we went to a water park and I didnt feel him/her all day long, but s/he had to have been moving, because at home s/he always is!

I wouldnt worry about it since you are still feeling the baby move every once in awhile. Also, some babys are probably more calm inutero than others.

Anyways, I hope something I said helps you a little bit.
#8 of 27 Old 06-17-2004, 02:38 PM

I've been "blessed" with very active babies. I'd never have to worry about doing "kick counts". They are so active moving all the time... I know they are there. And this one is no different. I'm at 27 weeks.

Oh, he does go still whenever I want him to "perform". :LOL Except at my last appointment, he was constantly moving through the whole thing. :LOL
#9 of 27 Old 06-17-2004, 05:24 PM

You're less able to feel kicks and punches in the back because the nerves are mostly in your skin, and there's more between baby and nerves if s/he's facing backwards, I think.

I know the baby is kicking in the back if I get intermittant kidney pain or back pain that starts and stops suddenly. This is not something that I noticed with my first pregnancy, though. Like, if he's got his foot up in my ribs, I feel the pressure there, not his foot.
#10 of 27 Old 06-17-2004, 06:26 PM

Yesterday, while playing accordion for the dancers up here, the kid slept all peaceful and motionless... and then afterwards, during lunch, the child decided to do the dance itself!

I've been feeling less movement lately and I think it's just because of the growing going on and the space getting tighter. When I feel movement, it's on the top at the sides or right on my cervix.... ow.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#11 of 27 Old 06-17-2004, 06:36 PM

I'm pretty sure I experienced the hiccups / cervix thing the other night. It felt so weird. Super rthymic and WAYYYYY down there, almost like the physical sensation of an orgasm, but without any contracting. It was very weird. Didn't hurt or anything, but........ I was glad when it stopped. That's mine! te hee

Anna Banana

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#12 of 27 Old 06-17-2004, 10:15 PM

I'm 29 weeks and have a posterior placenta and I'm feeling a ton of movement, lots of strong kicks. Frankly, I'm confused by it since I've always heard if the placenta is in the front you feel less. My girlfriend had her placenta in the front with her first child and she said she barely felt any movement throughout most of her pregnancy. In fact, she was actually worried with her second baby because she felt so much movement. I somtimes wonder if a baby's temperment plays into how much movement you feel.
#13 of 27 Old 06-17-2004, 10:21 PM

Starrynight,

How come you are confused? What you said sounds right...usually when you have a posterior placenta you will feel more. Posterior placentas are somewhere in the back and anterior is when its somewhere in the front.
#14 of 27 Old 06-17-2004, 10:36 PM

oops sorry - I meant to say anterior placenta! (I keep thinking posterior as in baby facing forward.)

Guess my brains not getting enough blood these day!
#15 of 27 Old 06-18-2004, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you everyone! It seems there is quite a mix of course. I didn't know that about the placenta, and I don't know which way mine is placed, but i will find out. I think more than anything I just need to relax. It might just be a smaller baby ( I carry small) and doesn't carry that big of a wallop, or maybe I just need to sit down more, which is a point I need to remember anyway. And it is very true that when I wait for it it often doesn't happen. Like waiting for toast to pop...
#16 of 27 Old 06-18-2004, 08:26 AM

Some days Vaysh bounces around a lot, other days, not much at all. I try not to let the days when i don't notice a lot of movement worry me. Maybe I just am too busy doing other things to notice. It's all very strange.

Lazuli
#17 of 27 Old 06-18-2004, 10:43 PM

I am 29 weeks and I am noticing that DS is moving about the same times every day. I think he is getting into a sleep/wake pattern. I don't have to worry about kick counts either. DS hasn't gotten the hiccups yet. Christopher had hiccups all the time when I was pregnant with him.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#18 of 27 Old 06-19-2004, 09:18 PM

Heather,

Im glad you mentioned that about the lack of hiccuping with this pregnancy. I *dont think* my baby has had them either, although I could be wrong, but it seemed by this point with both P and R they were hiccuping all the time. Weird...
#19 of 27 Old 06-20-2004, 01:55 PM

I spent all day yesterday with a hand or a foot firmly in my right rib cage. And I couldn't take much of a break to lay down, since it was departure day for our 50+ villagers.

My friend Robin got me on a laughing streak last night that hurt so bad that I almost cried. At least I didn't pee my pants.

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#20 of 27 Old 06-21-2004, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This baby has always been kicking lower than I'm used to, usually low on my left side. I hadn't felt any hiccups until this weekend, and then bump had them twice. They were really low. Anyone else find themselves holding their breath to try and get rid of the hiccups before realizing that won't work? I'm wondering if maybe the baby has dropped -- I have never been able to tell in past pregnancies. I gained at least 10 lbs between my last two appointments, where I had never gained more than like 2 (and often had lost weight), but I wasn't measuring more than 4 cms more than my last visit, as I thought I might. I felt huge all of a sudden a couple of weeks ago, but if the baby dropped in the meantime, that would explain things. If what I just said makes any sense, lol. But with #1 and #2, I remember feeling lots in my ribs. With this one, I have a hard time bending over, but don't feel kicks up there.

I wonder if there's a way to figure out where your placenta is without getting an u/s...

Oh, and with this baby, it feels a lot more like rolling or fidgeting than kicking, which is what I remember more with especially #1. I remember being able to grab on to limbs that were sticking my skin out when I was 6 months along, but that hasn't happened with this one. I think I am feeling more movement overall, though.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#21 of 27 Old 06-21-2004, 03:31 PM

Banana Girl-
On the hiccup issue "way down there" I know exactly what you mean! I've been getting kicks during this pregnancy that is WAY down there!!!! My other two pregnancies never carried nearly this low- sometimes I feel like the baby is going to stick her foot out LOL

I've been feeling this baby less (or so I think I am) but that could be because I am running after my almost 5 year old twins and my almost 2 year old nursling all day I try to do the "kick count" at least once a day and when I do I can get a good amount of kicks within a few minutes so I'm not worried.

I would say that you're not noticing the movements as much because you're on your feet alot Keep us posted

SAHMama to the "Fantastic Four"- 10 yr old b/g twins, 7 yr old boy, 5 yr old girl... : and expecting a miracle baby Feb. 2010...: Married for 11 yrs to my handsome Police Officer :cop:
#22 of 27 Old 06-21-2004, 04:02 PM

Okay Radish dropped some more last night. Owie! And all day yesterday he was doing the Hokey Pokey. I'm lucky if he's still for more than an hour at a time. I'm hoping he'll start to mellow out soon.
#23 of 27 Old 06-21-2004, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

And of course now the baby is moving more... Brisen, I am getting the rolling as well, and with my first I could almost grab onto her hand at points too, not this one ...yet. I too am getting many down low kicks, I wonder if that is more common after the first. So bloody uncomfortable though, I feel like my cervix is going to pop out sometimes. I would almost prefer a foot in the ribs...almost...
#24 of 27 Old 06-21-2004, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You know, I don't tend to feel things in my cervix, I don't think, but I feel it in my bottom! Sometimes I feel like if I'm standing up, people might be able to see my bottom jiggling with all the kicking

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#25 of 27 Old 06-22-2004, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

#26 of 27 Old 06-24-2004, 01:42 PM

My baby is moving TOO MUCH!

I'm getting over a cold, and have a cough which is killing my ribs, and he's got one foot squarely planted in my ribs and the rest of him is a bundle of energy! settle down in there!!!
#27 of 27 Old 03-16-2016, 11:40 AM

This is how she moves now in 23 week

see down here...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page