Anyone obsessing about names, like me? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 08-27-2004, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Allison, I love most of the names you have picked out... and they've all been shot down by Jo I also had picked out Audrey (can't use Audrey, was the name of Jo's friend's scary landlord), Maya (just got the blank "uh-uh") and Zoe. Jo said Zoe would be ok if it were pronounced to rhyme with 'toe' instead of 'joey'. Sigh.

Shannon, I especially like Meredith Louise. Lucky you have a partner who is interested in actually suggesting names instead of just saying "uh-uh" at everything you come up with. Oh no, I'm not bitter at all. Anyway, my co-worker Deb did not name her son for a year, so 2 weeks does not strike me as long. Got to get the right name. 300 kids at your church?! Holy cow! We have to combine confirmation programs with 2 other churches to get a class.

Anna - I feel just the same way you do. I've been convinced this is a boy since the day I conceived, but all of the people who insist that it's a girl have made me think twice lately. Hrm.

The most vexing thing for me is trying to avoid names of my students. Too many associations or kids who would go around insisting that we named our kid after them.

such difficulties!

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#62 of 66 Old 08-27-2004, 06:28 PM

We've been going round and round on a middle name. Still don't have a "set" first name either.

One name that keeps coming up is James. We both love the name... it just has a lot of connections.

1. David's paternal (deceased) grandfather's name and his uncle's name though he goes by his middle name.

Don't want to hurt his maternal grandfather... and the name Paul doesn't do anything for either of us. Couldn't name him both names because then he'd sound like the Pope or something. :LOL

2. We have 3 yes 3 close friends named James. One is David's best friend since for over 15 years. They've been through a lot together but he isn't the most responsible person in the world. And the others are close friends from the military. One was our roommate for a couple of months a few years ago.

ALL 3 of them would be convinced we were naming him after them. And honestly, none of them are people that you would "name" a child after. YK? :LOL

3. I'd want to use the nickname Jamie and David isn't too sure about that. : I don't want to use the nickname Jimmy (one friend goes by that) or Jim.

But basically since David has been out of town for the last 2 weeks... we haven't talked names.
#63 of 66 Old 08-28-2004, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls
The most vexing thing for me is trying to avoid names of my students. Too many associations or kids who would go around insisting that we named our kid after them.
Hahahaha...my mother teaches 8th grade, and I've had at least two or three names I liked nixed because Mom has taught some absolutely icky kids by those names. And, then, she *loves* Jocelyn, just because that girl was a wonderful kid -- a real sweetie. :roll eyes:
#64 of 66 Old 08-29-2004, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Oh I am having such a hard time with this. I am starting to panic actually. You know how many lists of boys names I have stared at and have not been hit with anything???? It's horrible. And I really feel like this might be a boy. And no name, no inkling, no strong feeling of any name. What do you do if you just can't find one??? There has to be one... :
#65 of 66 Old 08-29-2004, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
bellasmum, how about Anders? That was my pick if this baby was a boy.

Our short list is longer now --

*Cadence
*Meredith
*Miriam
*Odessa
*Gail
*Hana
*Gailyn(ne)
*Elanore
*Delwyn
*Idelia
*Evelyn

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#66 of 66 Old 08-29-2004, 04:04 PM

I love Miriam and Odessa, and of course Meredith

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page