Chat thread from 8/9 until... - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 269 Old 08-13-2004, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here I was, all excited that there was a PREGNANT WOMAN as part of the opening ceremony, that they were celebrating pregnancy, and then all of a sudden her belly starts to GLOW?!!! what the heck!!

If my belly starts to glow, I'm going to get really worried!

:LOL

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#122 of 269 Old 08-13-2004, 10:49 PM

me too jen!! :LOL

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#123 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 02:13 AM

Sarah, so exciting that your midwife will be so close! And your birth set up sounds quite relaxing.

Ellen, I also signed up for a registry at www.findgift.com. I have some cute dipes and stuff on there; look for Savannah Rogers in Georgia. You just have to stick to in-stock stuff or things you can special order. No "get on a list" WAHM or hyena stuff...

I got all my NB and small twin stuff off the TP in like two days of looking; all for under $150! I'm quite happy about that. Hopefully we can wait awhile before needing mediums...
#124 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2baldie
Has anyone ever ordered from Granola Threads before? I bought a shirt for Paityn that says "Tandem Nursing Is Twice As Nice" on it, recieved it today and it is SO cute! I also ordered a onesie for the new baby that says "Born At Home Surrounded With Love" (or something like that). It is so tiny! You just dont remember how small a newborn really is... I cant wait to see my baby in it.
Keri is AWESOME!! She is such a sweetheart. I met her last week when she came to my house for a Houston Diapering party. I'll be seeing her next week at our next get together. :LOL I love her stuff, I need to get a bunch of stuff from her. I wish the people that owe me money from a couple of auctions would pay me!!! Anyways, she'll do custom stuff too. She's really great about working with you on something.

Collen at NaturalBabies.com has a registry. She carries lots of great diapering packages and she carries several WAHM diapers instock too. And she does Gift Certificates!!

I just got the most GORGEOUS wool soaker pants in the mail yesterday. Chrissy was my SWAP partner in one of the swaps over on the TP/swap forum. She made a pair of wool longies for Radish for me. They are so beautiful. I almost can't wait for Radish to get here so we can try them out. :LOL Thank you Chrissy, they are wonderful even David commented on how cool they were. And he can be so stoic about diapers. :LOL I'll take some pictures and post them tomorrow.

I totally missed the opening ceremonies tonight. David decided to leave a little later and was all soo I was a little distracted.

It's late again and I need to go to bed since the Crew will be up by 7am.
#125 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

All new discomfort as of last night: this baby has learned how to effectively pull my so-called "ab" muscles (or the excuse for them that exists at this point) just by being in the right (wrong) position! I was getting a muscle pulled which is at the top of my abs, like just under my ribs, and runs from the center, solar plexis to the side.

YOWCH!

And, despite all the, um... physical challenges, I'm going to miss pregnant sex. :
#126 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 10:39 AM

I liked registering at Natural Babies. They had the basics that I needed, plus they do carry some WAHM items. I'm sooo hoping my co-workers will use this registry. Initially, I registered at felicite.com but then, as I was playing around with it, I realized the cost for shipping was outrageous because items came from all different stores. I don't know if that's an issue with findgift.com or not.

Steph, thanks for popping in. We're happy to hear from you and are glad things are well!

I agree, Jen. I was a little disappointed to see the glowing belly. But I do have to say, as she was walking out, I was like, "Man, she has not one ounce of fat on her! Here I work out and eat well, and I'm definitely soft." :LOL
#127 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbeing
I agree, Jen. I was a little disappointed to see the glowing belly. But I do have to say, as she was walking out, I was like, "Man, she has not one ounce of fat on her! Here I work out and eat well, and I'm definitely soft." :LOL
All I was thinking was "well, I bet *she* doesn't have any stretch marks." grumble grumble grumble

Sistermama Sarah, is everything ok down by you? It looked like Charley took a path right over you, although you are inland.

I would love to swim in that Olympic pool! Especially in the Greek sun!! I have to say, though, I envy my sister and bro-in-law, who get to watch it on the CBC. I found Bob Costas' commentary last night so incredibly inane.

OK, enough Olympibabble!

j

#128 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 02:27 PM

I am 3-3.5 cm dilated as of yesterday!
0 effacement though. Head very low.

I have an option to be "induced" at 39 weeks, which would be 8/24, due to previous precipitous labor. That is my husband's last day of summer vacation. He has to be back to work the next day. Now all we have to do is decide. Induction for me would just mean breaking the water most likely. Then they would leave me alone. My Dr. is very aware and believes in my wishes.
Please don't try to talk me into it, or out of it. I know all the factors involoved in this.
Just give me some good wishes to make a decision one way or the other!
I have never gone past 39 weeks.
I could go sooner on my own, too, which is what I hope for, just so I KNOW the baby was ready when he was ready. Like, not too soon, but a day or two before the induction would be scheduled. Wouldn't that be dandy?

Blah blah blah!
I think dh and I need some alone time.
#129 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

I'll send labor vibes!

And, alone time vibes:

#130 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 04:17 PM

I got my sling in the mail yesterday. And today I got a nursing bra. The band was a bit snug when i tried it on, but I expected that. I'm almost done with the monster quilt! I'll post pictures as soon as I am. My husband is home! Hurray! He's sleeping right now, he was up all night. As soon as he wakes up, or I wake him up we're going mattress hunting and he's going to put the bedframe and nightstand together.
#131 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 04:23 PM

Well, we survived fine, but not without a tree coming down on our house. Luckily it looks as if it didn't damage our roof, but our neighbors weren't as lucky. We're actually two hours away in Tampa now, where they have POWER and AC!!!! They are saying it could be days before we all get our power back on in Orlando, so that is going to be a real pain. I've got pics that I'll try to put up tonight.
#132 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 06:50 PM

Danielle,

Wow! I cant believe one of us could have a baby by the 24th! That is so exciting! I hope it turns out like you hope/want. I remember back when we all first found out we were pregnant you talking about how fast your labors are...

Should someone start a birth story thread that can be made into a sticky?
#133 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3under3
I have an option to be "induced" at 39 weeks, which would be 8/24, due to previous precipitous labor. That is my husband's last day of summer vacation. He has to be back to work the next day. Now all we have to do is decide. Induction for me would just mean breaking the water most likely. Then they would leave me alone. My Dr. is very aware and believes in my wishes.

I was given the option to go on the 23rd. Same thing, just break my water....I know how you feel. I am in the same boat, really fast labors..If you are 3 1/2 cm, you may go sooner though, I was only two cms at my check yesterday. Best wishes, and go with your feelings. It is a hard choice, I still don't know what we are going to do!

Caroline
#134 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 07:20 PM

I know this has been said a million times....but I just want to say it again....

IT ONLY TAKES A SECOND FOR SOMETHING TERRIBLE TO HAPPEN....

I was at a BBQ today with the kids..DH was working. There was an inground pool, and most of the time a teeneage daughter of my friend was watching the kids in the pool. She got out, so I went to the pool to watch my 3 year old and my 5 year old. I was half talking to another mom, and I guess I was just zoned out. Thank God for the other mom, she saw my 5 year old under the raft, trying to grap hold to get out. By the time she jumped in and pulled Lilly out, Lilly was blue. The second I grabbed her and pulled her out of the pool, she started sputtering water, so she was fine. The point is, I WAS RIGHT THERE AND I DIDN'T SEE IT!! I guess I really was too tired to try to watch two non-swimmers in a pool, so it was my fault. But I was literally at the side of the pool. I can't imagine what wuold have happened if she wasn't there and saw Lilly, five minutes before she wasn't there.

Anyway..just wanted to remind everyone how amazingly quick these things happen, this was all in the course of maybe a minute, a minute and a half. I was watching her kick on the raft one minute...the next she was already sinking.

caroline
#135 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 07:28 PM

Oh Caroline, how awful an experience! I'm glad she's ok!!!

Danielle, sending you good decision vibes!!

jen

#136 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 08:38 PM

(((((Caroline)))))))-
Glad she's fine!
#137 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 09:51 PM

Oh, how scary!! So glad she is okay.

#138 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 10:12 PM

Oh, Caroline, how scary!!!!! Thank God it all turned out OK. Does she seem traumatized by swimming now? I hope not.

Wow, Danielle and Caroline are dilated and have scheduled dates... That's pretty exciting. Not long away, either! Best wishes on those tough decisions, and I hope the babies come on their own in just the right amount of labor time.

Sarah, glad you're OK, but I hate to hear a tree came down on your house! What part?? I have family in Tampa and was amazed at how fully the hurricane ended up missing them, even with flooding. Wow, Orlando is a BIG place to lose power!! Glad you could log on from Tampa and keep us posted!

I finished my birth blessing bracelet today, !!! Please see the picture link on the Bead descriptions/thank yous thread.
#139 of 269 Old 08-14-2004, 10:16 PM

Caroline, you're absolutely right. Similar thing happened to us a couple of weeks ago -- my husband was in a pool with the kids, and my 5-year-old, who can't swim yet, lost hold of his float and started going under. Nobody noticed but me, and he was literally surrounded by people. What drives me crazy is when things like this happen and people still act like I'm being over-protective to insist on always watching my kids like a hawk. Um, no.
#140 of 269 Old 08-15-2004, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I never thought I'd be happy about long, stringy gobs of beige-y mucus on the TP, but yay! It is likely still weeks away from baby-day, but things are goin' on down there!
#141 of 269 Old 08-15-2004, 09:53 AM

oh that is exciting!!

#142 of 269 Old 08-15-2004, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

teehee!

Well, it IS kinda exciting, since it shows that I'm dilating, although I don't want to get too psyched about it. I also woke up with a few pretty major contractions last night, although pretty isolated.

No baby until the 23rd or later, though, I keep saying! Isabelle's bday is next sunday (exactly a week after mine, which is today) and I want her to have her special day first. This is, after all, going to be her last bday as the baby of the family.

Meanwhile, though, it would be really cool if I did a lot of dilating in advance. With Cullen, I was in labor all night to get to 3 cm, and with Isabelle, I don't know exactly, but was only about 1 cm dilated a few days before her birth. By self-check, I might be about 2 cms dilated.
#143 of 269 Old 08-15-2004, 11:14 AM

:

I really do think it is exciting. I remember when I started losing my plug (that sounds so gross!) with Noah and I thought it was the coolest thing. I called my husband into the bathroom and showed it to him. :LOL

I hope you have a great day!

#144 of 269 Old 08-15-2004, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

ROTFLMAO!!!

And what did dh say to that?

thanks for the bday wishes!
#145 of 269 Old 08-15-2004, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantmommy

Well, I never thought I'd be happy about long, stringy gobs of beige-y mucus on the TP, but yay! It is likely still weeks away from baby-day, but things are goin' on down there!

YEAH!!! I keep praying I see that everytime I go to the bathroom!! Last time I lost my plug it was only three days till I had my baby...you could be anyday now!!

And Happy Birthday!!! :

Caroline
#146 of 269 Old 08-15-2004, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy
:

I really do think it is exciting. I remember when I started losing my plug (that sounds so gross!) with Noah and I thought it was the coolest thing. I called my husband into the bathroom and showed it to him. :LOL
!

I showed my mom...it scared me the first time. She was like "Yeah, that's your mucas plug..." and it didn't phase her the slightest.

Caroline
#147 of 269 Old 08-15-2004, 11:54 AM

Chrissy,

I lost my plug the day before Paityn was born and I did the exact same thing you did - called DH in to see it, then I called a bunch of friends to tell them. I was so excited! That never happened with Riley so even all the small stuff was a totally new experience.
#148 of 269 Old 08-15-2004, 12:20 PM

:LOL I think my dh thought it was pretty nasty. He wasn't nearly as excited as I was. Good to know I'm not the only one.

#149 of 269 Old 08-15-2004, 12:51 PM

"Mucous" is wonderful, isn't it??? It is exciting now, and it was exciting when we were trying to time ovulation/sex for conception, LOL...

I do NOT plan to show dh. He would NOT be amused.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

And to Paitlyn next week!

I had my first thick mucousy TP last week, but I guess it was just from my internal exam by the thick handed doctor. :

Happy day to you all!
#150 of 269 Old 08-15-2004, 02:19 PM

Also on the mucous alert here!
Had some yesterday that was tinged with blood.
Not quite the full blown plug that came out when I was pg with Donny, though. I called DH into the bathroom to see that one, and he just about died, and asked that I never show him anything remotely like that again! LOL!

I have been having contactions about every 10-20 minutes since last night at about 8:00, but they only last about 20 seconds. They happen when I sit, and when I lay down.
Hmmmm.

TMI ALERT:

I have also found out that my dh is afraid to have sex right now. I tried, believe me. He just doesn't feel right about it. Whatever.
At least he's still cuddly, and interested in *some* foreplay, but doesn't want to seal the deal, ya know? He's into my boobs these days. My nipples have never been quite this...ummmmm....out there and big? Maybe bf will be a success this time?
I keep telling him that all I want him for at this point is his prostaglandins!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page