Book for After Baby Arrives - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-19-2004, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a great book out of the library about life after the birth. It's very informative and natural lifestyle oriented, so I'm finding it very helpful.
The title is: After the Baby's Birth -- A Woman's Way to Wellness: A Complete Guide for Postpartum Women by Robin Lim.

If anyone has other suggestions for books about baby's first year or postpartum let me know.

Cheers,
Julia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2004, 01:56 PM

A Waldorf staple: Beyond the Rainbow Bridge: Nurturing our Children from Birth to Seven by Barbara J. Patterson

More about child development than anything.

Hard to find used!

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Old 08-20-2004, 01:13 PM

Julia, I borrowed that book from my mw a few weeks ago (yes, getting ahead of myself) I thought it was great, lots of really good tips on what to do for yourself pp.

I am wondering about specific baby care books, like something that can answer all of my questions when I feel clueless... I was thinking I'd check out The Baby Book by The Sears', any other suggestions would be awesome!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

Old 08-20-2004, 05:15 PM

Only read "what to expect the first year" if you don't mind being dissed about cloth diapering on about page 3. They are very anti-cloth. A friend gave me the book which is why I even have it.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Old 08-20-2004, 07:05 PM

Sheryl - by Jack's first birthday, The Baby Book looked a lot older than him!!! It was the one I went to again and again. Dr. Jack Newman's breastfeeding book is the best I've seen (although I like Sears' also) I highly recommend it.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:11 PM

The Baby Book seems like a good one -- one of the best things it did for me was provide a first look at how labor works before I really got INTO reading about labor and birth. Glad to hear that it's good for afterward too!

I recently purchased a copy of "The New Basics," by pediatrician Michel Cohen. It's truly an A-Z reference, and seems to strike a decent balance between mainstream and alternative. His tone is overall "the reality is..." and he does well with debunking old wives' tales and myths.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:05 AM

hi julia here is a great one about post-partum care:http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...049381-1261402
check all aviva jill romm books, naturally healthy babies and children is very good as well. good luck

User Tag List