The Babies Are Coming! The Babies Are Coming! Chat Thread 8/21 - 8/27 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 199 Old 08-23-2004, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am TIRED of this. i want to have this baby already. most of me hurts, i am tired, i'm getting insomnia most nights (there's a great combo!), my heartburn is nearly constant, people are surprised to see me every time i manage to get out of the house, most of my maternity clothes are too small, and my children are BORED.

oh! and my daughter just got orange juice all over her clothes and the couch!
#62 of 199 Old 08-23-2004, 05:06 PM

I am so uncomfortable right now! David won't leave my cervix alone. I sit down and I feel pressure against my cervix as well. It is not a pleasant feeling. DS didn't nap long today either. As soon as I lay down to take a nap he is crying and awake from his earlier than he should be <sigh> I am so glad DH let me sleep in yesterday.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#63 of 199 Old 08-23-2004, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Well, Melanie, if it's the right remedy, those few doses should do it! Particularly if it's coming from a homeopath, she may have used some really high doses that will pack a punch for a while. It blew my mind that homeopathic remedies can keep working for so long after you take them; I counteracted my 'rhoid remedy by using peppermint toothpaste a couple days after I stopped taking it! Right now I'm trying to be good and not have coffee, in case that remedy is still working in me... grr. I'm curious what's in your remedy, if you find out and are willing to share...

To all the tired mamas, I'm sorry you're so tired, I'd send you some of my sleep if I could. Maybe if you combined Anna's and mine...

Eddie is my constant companion today. I my cats!

j

ps: crampy, backachy contractions today! Whee!

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#64 of 199 Old 08-23-2004, 06:46 PM

Still here!
This baby feels so low today!

Anyway, we have to be at the hospital at 6am, and I am hoping to have a baby by 8 am! Pray that Pitocin will not be needed.

I am so excited, and nervous...nervous about the pain, mostly.
Contrary to what people say, I DO remember what the labor feels like. But my SIL who is my doula will be there, and this is her third time helping us birth, so I think she knows my M.O. by now!
I want a fast birth, but not so fast that I'm out of control like a wild animal, you know?
Anyways, I plan on being home Wednesday evening, unless I decided to stay until Thursday....and the only reason I would stay is to maybe get a better establishment/comfort level with breastfeeding.

So......with that.......I will post as soon as I can and give you all of Finn's stats!

Blessings to all,

Danielle

P.S.- I saw Behind The Music with George Michael last night, so I've been singing his songs all day!
#65 of 199 Old 08-23-2004, 06:50 PM

Well add me to the ranks of the cranky, tired and HUGE! And I'm not even 35 weeks yet (will be tomorrow). Wah, wah, wah!!! Please, please, please let this just be a yucky day and not the beginning of an era that will last until baby is born.

Melanie, Here's hoping the homeopathic remedy works for you-and quickly! Anxiety is such a horrible, life-controlling thing.

Plantmommy, Oh that's right, you ARE next in line! Can't wait to hear your great news.

Megan, Hooray for a clean and organized house!!

Jen, Keep cool over there lady!

Sheryl, Hooray for a wide open week with nothing to do but prepare. You sure deserve it after working so hard all summer.

Indiana Ima, Soon, soon, soon!!!!

Off to whine and grump around my house,

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#66 of 199 Old 08-23-2004, 06:52 PM

Danielle, we must've posted at the same time. I'll be sending lots of NO PITOCIN vibes your way. Can't wait to read all about sweet Finn!

#67 of 199 Old 08-23-2004, 07:18 PM

Add me to the I just want to sleep list please! I got very annoyed at church yesterday because three Moms came up and were asking me how I was....since they have very young babies, I made the mistake of assuming they really wanted to know anyway....I told them I just wanted to be able to lay down and sleep and not be in pain. They all busted out laughing and said I wouldn't sleep ever again and I should enjoy it now. : HELLO! I wasn't saying I thought my sleep was going to be more after the baby is here, but I won't be in pain when I do get a chance to sleep. And I assume that Robert can actually take care of the baby at least one time a week so I can get a nap of some kind in!!! I was quite annoyed. I didn't feel like socializing in the first place and would have been quite happy not to talk to anyone anyway.......ok rant over.

For those of you wanting to go sooner, I'll try and send any maybe vibes I might be having your way. We are just not ready yet, I need at least another week to get baby and birth stuff ready and this hosue even close to anything that could be called a sanitary birth place!
#68 of 199 Old 08-23-2004, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3under3
P.S.- I saw Behind The Music with George Michael last night, so I've been singing his songs all day!
Waah waah waah, this is why we need cable so I can watch Behind the Music!!!!!

Next time it's on, can someone tape it for me?!! I have been a GM fan since I was in 4th grade!!! Holy crap, that's over 20 years. When did I get so old?

Good luck tomorrow, Danielle.

#69 of 199 Old 08-23-2004, 07:25 PM

What an exciting day of posts! Lots of you getting good early labor signs, and could go soon!!! Danielle even has a time, woo hoo!

Got to see the MW today. Babies are very low, both head down, and she was very pleased with our chances of being able to actually go by my birth plan. Still no PreE signs. My feet and ankles keep swelling up HUGE, but then I just put myself to bed and a couple of hours later they are better. So I guess I've put myself on partial bedrest... =O) (Does that mean hubby will scrub my kitchen/dining floors now? hee hee) Everyone at the OB practice is more supportive of my birth plan than I expected! And apparently I'm one of the rare patients that even submit a plan. Good grief. The MW even offered to have the docs sign off on the plan and she would give it to the hospital in advance so that they don't try to force me into an operating room (twin standard procedure) when I arrive in labor. That was a nice thing to do!!

I have to go update my registry so I can post it to the last swap thread. First I must deflate my giant ankles...

Yay to you gals who are finally nearly through with work! And yay to feeling prepared, having a clean house and the to-dos under control!

And I loooooove George Michael. Reminds me of the year I got to spend in Hawaii with my sister back in '88... aaaaahhh
#70 of 199 Old 08-23-2004, 07:55 PM

Savannah, congrats on 37 weeks!!!
#71 of 199 Old 08-23-2004, 08:15 PM

Jen, it's pulsatilla. From my reading, I'm not sure it's right, but her information must be a lot more comprehensive than mine. Hopefully it's right. I really want to feel better. What do you brush your teeth with when you're using a remedy? The homeopath didn't mention the toothpaste.

Danielle, I remember what the pain is like too. I think that's why I'm such a basketcase. I just need it to be over, but I'm so afraid to go through it. I'm glad Finn will be born tomorrow. Hope all goes well!

Chrissy, you're right. Anxiety has controlled my life for about a month now, it's been so constant. I need to be rid of it.

Savannah, wow, 37 weeks with twins. It sounds like everything is going great!
#72 of 199 Old 08-23-2004, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Savannah hooray for 37 weeks! I can't imagine how you are feeling, I feel so ungainly and achy with just one baby!! I told Jo that they want to put you in an OR to have a baby as standard procedure and she was floored! She says to tell you that she's sorry that you have to live with that!

Melanie I use Weleda calendula toothpaste when I'm using a remedy, or otherwise Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil toothpaste - fennel flavored. Peppermint is one of those strong flavors that can counteract a remedy, along with menthol and coffee. I just don't like the calendula toothpaste that much - my teeth just don't feel clean, because I'm used to my peppermint tea tree oil toothpaste with baking soda in it. Your homeopath may have prescribed pulsatilla since it not only is good for nerves, it's also good for stimulating birth!

That's all for now - I have to call my sister quickly, before she goes to bed.

jen

#73 of 199 Old 08-23-2004, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Jo went downstairs and brought herself up a HUGE BOWL OF ICE CREAM and didn't bring me any!

:

of all the nerve!

harumph!

j

#74 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 12:07 AM

Oh, that is wrong!!!

Bad, Jo!
#75 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 05:05 AM

Looks like the babies don't want to wait three more weeks!

My water broke just after 3 a.m. today. The contraction (or perfectly placed baby appendage) was sharp enough to walk me right out of a nice, deep sleep. Then the warm trickle began... I managed to rush to the bathroom (not before knocking over the hamper on the way) and not make much of a mess, woo hoo!! I sat there on the pot for awhile, then waddled back to the bedroom holding a folded towel between my legs so that I could open my new package of pads and get some dry underwear. Then, already, back to the pot to "clear out" my gut I tried to lie back in bed (with towels under me bum), but in the 7 minutes I was in bed trying to rest, I had 3 contractions... It's now 3:45, and though I just now got my watch on, it seems the contractions have been closer together than 5 minutes right from the start! And intense already... I was hoping to lie back down and sleep awhile, but that's not working.

I was also hoping I just had a little tear in the membranes like Danielle's and it would repair so I could go another three weeks! Don't think that's gonna happen either...

So I had to come in here and post, since I know as soon as I wake dh and tell him this stuff, he'd freak out if I took time to come on here now and type!! I had wanted to labor quietly alone for awhile, maybe while everyone was at work... Now I have to have that guilty feeling of making my birth team wake up early and all, because I'm sure doc will want me to come on in with the strong contractions so close together!! (They
are still coming regularly and fast while I'm sitting here.)

Hmmm, I wonder which baby's water broke? Yesterday at my 37 week appt, both were head down and very low (baby A still presenting). The MW was going to check me, since I mentioned BH contrax were pushing more on my cervix lately, but I politely declined the internal. (What difference will it make to know? says I. When it's time, it'll just be time...) I found out yesterday at the appt that the favored doc is on call on Tuesdays, so I'm happy today is Tuesday! Guess the MW will need to speed up her promise to forward my birth plan to the L/D nurses prior to my coming in, so I can get that non-OR room without argumentation...

Oh, my bathrooms are still dirty. My kitchen and dining floors are too. The living room never got dusted, and darn it if the furniture in the bedroom still isn't where I wanted it. I asked dh to do that over the weekend, waaaaah... I also wanted him to put the junk in the hallway into the basement or attic. It's still in the hallway. Let's see, my hospital bag is partially packed, but Nicolas' bag isn't packed at all. Guess I'll try to do some of that, but with these fast contractions, I'm not fretting it. I hope to have a short stay anyway. The hot tub bath is out with broken waters. Poo.

Oh, did I mention I have an overnight guest tonight? Friend from Florida who stopped in on a drive through from S. Carolina. We of course joked about her being here for labor and having to watch Nicolas (I was just kidding, God! ). She's never been married, never been around babies. Hee hee. She may delay her trip home just for the fun and excitement of it all! Hey, maybe she'll clean my house, hee hee...

OK, this is crazy. I really must go wake up hubby and pack my son's bag. Call the doc, "reserve" my L/D room, call the sister, friend, etc.... YIKES! Clean off the deflated birthing ball (and hope dh can get it inflated some)...

I love my bracelet, ladies, and show it off often and get to tell people about you. DH will have the laptop at the hospital, so it probably won't be long afterward that I can post the news!

Praying for a nice, natural, intervention-free, vaginal birth of both babies...
#76 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 05:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh, Savannah!! How exciting!! I'm up here in the middle of the night so perhaps I'm the first to see your post. YAAAYY!! Go and labor in peace and let us know how it all turns out! Woohoo!! :

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#77 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 06:40 AM

Yay! Thanks for posting! Here's hoping for the births to be everything you want it to be!

I saw the new post at that hour, and thought for sure someone had gone into labor.
#78 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 09:07 AM

Oh Savannah!!! Yay!!! I can't wait to hear the wonderful news.

#79 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 09:38 AM

Oh how exciting Savannah! I hope you have an easy birth. Can't wait to hear the news of your little ones!

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#80 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 09:59 AM

Oh, lots of good birthing vibes to Savannah and Danielle! How exciting!
#81 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Holy cow, 3 babies in one day!!!!! (or more? Caroline? Plantmommy? Anyone?) I wonder who came first?

#82 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 11:10 AM

Yay for Savannah and Danielle! And congratulations, Brisen, and welcome sweet baby girl. And happy, healthy labor vibes to everyone else who is close, and hang-in-there vibes to everyone who doesn't want it to happen quite yet.

Our midwives are coming for our home visit today--dh and I stayed up late cleaning, and then stayed up even later to watch 2 episodes of Sex and the City on DVD. We don't have cable, so we've been watching all 6 seasons on dvd over the past months--love it! Any other fans? Now we're waiting for the last 8 episodes to be released at our video store--haven't seen the final episode yet, btw, so don't anyone give anything away.

I'll be 36 weeks on Friday, which means we're legally cleared then for homebirth. We plan to have all birth supplies purchased by then, and ready to go. Next Monday a bunch of my wonderful mama friends are having a birth blessing gathering for me and two other friends--we're all due within a couple weeks of each other. I'm so looking forward to it--my friends had one for me before I had dd, and it was such a beautiful gathering.

I'd better go wash the kitchen floor--midwives will be here in less than two hours. I'm having my GBS culture done today, hoping it's negative but planning to use alternative methods to treat it it's positive. Thanks to everyone who posted about non-antiobiotic ways to treat GBS. With dd she arrived before my lab results did.

Can't wait to hear those birth stories!

Oh, and welcome new Heather, from one of the 4 (?) Heathers here!

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
#83 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 11:36 AM

Well, I was up from 5-9 and then took a nap.

Trying to stay rested for when it is my turn to go!
#84 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 11:42 AM

Go Savannah, go!!! How wonderful that the twins will be here today!!!

I had a really good, restful sleep. I needed it. I've taken both doses of my homeopathic remedy. I feel good.
#85 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 11:45 AM

Melanie, I am SO glad to hear that!!

#86 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 11:50 AM

Thanks Chrissy!
#87 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 11:55 AM

I'm sitting here at work with tears in my eyes... I'm so excited and happy for all you mamas! Savannah I will be praying for you today. I don't usually pray, not in the usual sense, but in my own way..... all my love to the mamas getting to meet their babies today.

Have to walk away from this computer before i start blubbering!

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#88 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

hooray, Melanie, I hope the Pulsatilla does the trick!

Yahoo for naps, plantmommy!

oh, apropos plants... I came downstairs to find that my DARLING Sydney had disattached a baby spider plant (you know, one of the off-shoots) from the big plant and was busy eating it. What is with her?! I bust her once a week eating leaves or grass off the floor, or attacking one of my plants! I need to get her a container of wheat grass. She's driving me nuts and this morning I wasn't so sympathetic because she had been destructive! Luckily Jo carried her away and fed her catnip.

Sprout is sinking lower... and lower... I guess one of the disadvantages of carrying high is that when the baby sinks, your lower belly has not been used to being stretched, because dang, does my belly hurt. Last night I even contemplated whether I was getting a bladder infection, because it stung so much when I peed (sorry if TMI), but I figured that my bladder really isn't up by my belly button, and when I got up in the middle of the night, it didn't sting anymore, I think because the kid had shifted while i was asleep.

At times I still cannot believe i am having a baby...!

j

#89 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 12:39 PM

Today is a good day! DH has the week off before starting school on Monday, and despite ds not wanting to sleep last night (resulting in DH and I each getting only 4 hours of sleep each), we were both up around 8 a.m. ready to get stuff done! Dh started a big pot of chicken stock this morning to use in some freezer meals for after the birth. He made lasagna yesterday. Now he's hanging shelves and curtain rods and all sorts of household odds and ends, including an attic trip! Yay! I'm so excited to see him nesting in his own way!

I'm still chuggin away with work. I'm feeling more ready for this baby to come since shopping over the weekend. I picked up a trash can to use as a diaper pail and two new nursing bras and received my order of nursing pads on Saturday!

Well, I'm off to start another load of laundry, make some banana bread, and get back to work.

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#90 of 199 Old 08-24-2004, 12:44 PM

Go Savannah! Go Danielle! Happy, healthy, perfect labor and birth vibes to both of you! Yaaaaayyyyy!!!!!

This is SO exciting!

So I told you all that I had a massage last week, well yesterday I ran into my massage therapist and she said that while she was working on me, she was getting all sorts of boy images, blues, and just masculine vibes, she also said she thinks I'm going to go a little early. That was so cool to hear. I do have a feeling about the 28th, its a family birthday and the 29th is the full moon.....????

Are you all starting to get the phone calls? The "are you still pregnant?" "how are you doing?" "I was just thinking about you" calls? We are for sure, everyone is checking up on me. Last night we heard from a friend we haven't seen in months, it was weird. But its really cool too, so sweet and nice. I can see though if I were to be really late, the phone call screening and answering machine message "YES, I am still pregnant, we'll let you know!". Hahaha....

I had a laugh out loud moment this morning that I want to share with you all. I was skimming the book The Thinking Woman's Guide To A Better Birth reading the induction section (no, not for me, dh and I got into a conversation about it last night regarding a friend so it was fresh in my mind) anyway, it is listing cervical ripening procedures and how to do them, one says Sexual Intercourse, and for the how to: "If you didn't know how to do this, you wouldn't be reading this book". I was rolling!

Jen, funny that you are busy with air conditioners and fans, I actually am having a fire right now, got really chilly last night.

Happy days to everyone, welcome babies! Can't wait to hear more news!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page