The Babies Are Coming! The Babies Are Coming! Chat Thread 8/21 - 8/27 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Finally got in to shutterfly. What gorgeous, perfect little babies!!!
#122 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 10:04 AM

Savannah, I'm so happy for you! Your babies are beautiful!
Congratulations!!! Welcome McKenna and William!

Yay, Danielle! Welcome little Finn!
#123 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 10:07 AM

Oh!!! They are beautiful. William looks like he is smiling in the shot of the two of them together. They are just gorgeous!!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#124 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 11:26 AM

I say you look gorgeous Savannah! You sure don't look like you just birthed two babies!
#125 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 11:31 AM

YEAH!!! I finally can post. Last night my connection was absolutely horrible. I got to read Savannah's post but couldn't get my connection to let me reply without timing out first. : :

The twins are here!! Yeah, I finally got to see the pictures too. Soo sweet!! One of each. Savannah your birth story is wonderful.

And yeah Finn is here too. Can't wait to hear his birthstory Danielle!!

HeatherB- that's awesome that your sister is being so supportive with CDing. Woohoo enjoy ordering! I checked the BRU near my OB on the northside and they didn't have any Gerber DSQ prefolds. You might check Target (I think the one right there had some) or even Walmart has been carrying them sometimes. I think I have dozen regular UBCPFs that haven't even been washed around here somewhere. I got them to dye last year and just never got into using prefolds.

Lazuli- definitely take some blackstrap molasses. Gingerbread cookies would be tasty too. And the red raspberry leaf is good to be taking to help tone your uterus too.

Okay it's offical... I can't eat salads anymore. The celery, cucumbers and green peppers gave me horrible heartburn last night. No more celery and peanut butter snacks either.
#126 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Dang plantmommy did we cross-post? Great minds with the molasses!!! You are recalling correctly too about the calcium inhibiting iron absorption, one of my co-workers found out just last year that all the molasses milk she drank as a kid for iron did her little good and she was furious!! And I totally forgot that most of the hot cereals are iron-enriched, especially cream of wheat and malt-o-meal (and malt-o-meal is made in Northfield, MN to boot! Can't beat that in my book!).

Time to work on serious baby spinning. Sprout is posterior, that little snark! Personally I think s/he just did a flip-flop to be cantankerous for the midwife, but still, here I am with a posterior baby at a -2 or -3 station! My cervix is getting very soft and has opened to a fingertip in width but is still very long.

yawn,

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#127 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 11:51 AM

DOH! We must have, Jen.

Did you notice though, that the instant hot cereals are fortified more than the slow cooking kind? What is up with that?

go fill the tub and prop your arms up, laying on your tummy as much as you can.
#128 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantmommy
Did you notice though, that the instant hot cereals are fortified more than the slow cooking kind? What is up with that?
You want my biased, uneducated opinion? It's the same reason why so many vaccines are recommended for itty bitty babies - get them while they're young. A government subsidy perhaps? I would guess that most people with young children are more likely to buy instant cereals to prepare for their kids than the kind that you have to soak overnight and then cook for 15 minutes in the morning (like my darn whole-grain oats).

it sounds kind of conspiracy theory, but I wouldn't be surprised.

jen the suspicious

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#129 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 12:03 PM

Congratulations Savannah and Danielle! Welcome to the world McKenna, William and Finn!!!

Savannah, thanks for sharing your story and pics so quickly, how incredible! The pics brought tears to my eyes, your family all looks so happy and what gorgeous little babies!

Jen, thanks so much for passing on Danielle's info!

Lazuli, I would be freaking out and completely ready to eat meat too, great suggestions here, you can do it, you are close, just do what you gotta. Healthy homebirth and high iron level vibes to you!

Samantha, yay on finding your stapler (I can't help but hear the guy in Office Space mumbling about his stapler). Glad you are getting things done, I know it feels good.

Anna, Yahoooo for DSL!!!! And I must also chime in that Jerome is such a sweetie, you are a lucky woman!

Sarahb, best wishes on your decision, I can understand how tough that must be, but you will make the best choice for your family. Your roll scared me too! I'm glad you're OK!

So two of the women from my birth class had their babies over the weekend, so very exciting!

Saw my mw yesterday, met the back-up mw who is awesome. They painted my belly which was so cool, dh helped out too, I have pics and will get them on Yahoo sometime. Doing a belly cast with my good friend tonight, then having some ladies over for a Blessing Way, very excited, will get pics of that as well.

Happy Hump Day to y'all!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#130 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 12:10 PM

Wow Savannah! You and your babies are amazing. I'm so glad to hear that everything went so incredibly well!!!
McKenna and William are beautiful!!!

Congratulations Danielle! It's great to hear that Finn is here too. Can't wait to hear the details.
#131 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 12:20 PM

I was so excited to read your birth story this morning Savannah. Your birth sounds like it went perfectly! And those sweet little babies are adorable, though I'm a sucker for the big brother shot. You look absolutely amazing for having just given birth. Congratulations!

And welcome to Finn! Congrats Danielle! Can't wait to see pictures of sweet Finn.

I'm getting so excited after eharing about three babies in one day. Getting anxious for my turn, and I'm only at 36 weeks.

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#132 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 12:54 PM

Savannah - just showed your pics to my friend and she thinks the babies look a lot like Nicolas!
#133 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 01:10 PM

Savannah - your new babies are amazing! I was doing a little dance in front of my computer when I saw them. Congratulations!

Today MIL and I are going out to lunch, then I think I'm taking MIL for her first pedicure. MIL has given us two gifts, both of which we're taking back.. hopefully this won't come up in conversation...

It's so great to hear about all the Blessing Way ceremonies. I'm sending you all beautiful positive energy!

As a pagan, I really wanted one, but my mom didn't want to throw it, and my best girlfriend is too busy with her baby. Anyway, I found a great ritual the expectant parents can do that has the same philosophy/intent, so it all worked out.
#134 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 01:25 PM

Savannah, what a great story! Sounds like it was a lot of fun with all of the scurrying around and the reactions of the hospital personnel. :LOL And I have to agree, you do look great, and oh so content! What a great way to start out.

Plantmommy, I've always thought that the instant cereals were fortified because the refining process takes out nutrients?
#135 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 01:26 PM

Heather, do tell! I'm also one who would love a blessingway but have no one to give it.
#136 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 01:28 PM

Sorry I haven't been around....I was busy having a baby!!

Jackson Henry arrived on Monday, August 23rd at 9:46 am. He weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces, and was 21 inches long. Labor was a nightmare, I will write it all up later....

We just got home today because Jackson is a bit jaundiced and with what we had with Bridget, they made us stay an extra day...

I will post more later, baby crying (what a WONDERFUL sound)...

Caroline
#137 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 01:42 PM

Oh another baby! Congratulations Caroline! I'm sorry that the birth was a nightmare, but it sounds like Jackson is doing well with that crying! Looking forward to seeing pictures!

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#138 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 01:42 PM

Congratulations Caroline! It's great to hear that Jackson is here!!!
Not so nice to hear that labour was a nightmare, and that Jackson is jaundiced.I'm glad you're home now. Time to relax!
#139 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 01:43 PM

Yay Caroline and Jackson!!!! Can't wait to hear more...
#140 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 01:46 PM

Wowza! another baby! Congrats Caroline, and welcome Jackson!
#141 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 01:55 PM

Oh hurray for Caroline and Jackson!!! I can't believe it's not even September yet and we've already got 4 (is that right?!) babies!! Looking forward to your birth story and pictures.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#142 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 01:59 PM

Woohoo another baby!! I was wondering where Caroline had been...

Welcome Jackson!

Sheryl--

"Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...my stapler... my stapler. Excuse me, Excuse me. (Basement door shuts) Ok, that's the last straw."

I love that movie, there are so many great lines in that movie. :LOL

Bob: Well, it looks like you've been missing quite a bit of work lately.
Peter: Well, I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob!

Lumbergh: Ahhhh, we have sort of a problem here...Mmmkay?

There was a woman across the hall in David's office (she was the HR person), he use to hear this wave file on her computer all the time.

JoAnna: I HATE THIS JOB! I HATE THIS GODDAMN JOB AND I DON'T NEED IT!

:LOL :LOL
#143 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats Caroline, Savannah, and Danielle! How exciting. Savannah, it's great to hear that things went so well with the twins, it's great that so many med people could see it going so smoothly.

We were talking about the newborn screen earlier (I think it was here, anyway). The baby had hers done today. The mw was talking about it and apparently in Canada (or maybe Ontario) they only screen for PKU and thyroid problems, so it's 4 circles that they do. She said in the US they screen for more things and it's 9 or so circles. She said the extra stuff they screen is for things they already test (or offer to test) on the mom -- she mentioned HIV and hepatitis -- so they don't bother testing the baby. So if anyone is not wanting to have so much blood drawn, you can find out what you can be tested for and perhaps just test for PKU and thyroid.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#144 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 02:51 PM

I think they only test for a few things here in Texas. I remember it only having 5 maybe 6 circles. You'd think I'd remember which they test for but I don't. Neither Tori or Jack cried when we did it. Tori was nursing at the time because she was grumpy and tired. The nurse was amazed that she didn't start to cry when she pricked her. Tori just kind of paused and scrunched her face for a second then went right back to nursing... eyes rolled back in her head with a blissful expression. The Nurse said after that, she was going to recommend nursing while doing the heel prick to everyone after that.
#145 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 03:36 PM

Here's the ritual we're going to do on the next new moon (9/14):

http://paganparenting.net/informatio...cy/mother.html

We will most likely alter it here and there to suit our tastes, but it's a good template for a woman by herself or a couple.

Also, the moon phase you choose is really up to you. We like the new moon because it gives the ritual the energy of the waxing moon to build up power and strength, and this seemed to fit for a growing baby.

Ugh. Feeling vertigo/slight nausea again today. I've been eating, I swear! Guess I'll go eat some more...
#146 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 04:52 PM

I got a Mod to sticky the Due Date and Predictions threads. Thought it would be easier to find them.
#147 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 04:56 PM

Well ladies I had another doctor's appointment today. Last week's doctor I am calling Dr. Dumb Dumb. I am definitely dilated. It is only 2cm but I am dilated. I am still 50% effaced and she said that my cervix is still kind of high. She said if I make it to the appointment next week they will start talking about induction. I think if I get to that point, I am going to be on the phone to my massage therapist about having her trigger my contractions with acupressure. No pitocin for me! Christopher finished his second week of school/Mom's Morning Out today. He is loving it. He doesn't like it when I leave but Shelley told me he only cries for a minute. Today he made a bird feeder out of an orange rind so we are going to get some bird seed and then hang it in our trees.

I almost forgot! Congrats to Danielle, Savannah, and Caroline!

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#148 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 05:47 PM

Heather, why on earth do they want to start talking about induction when you're not even 40 weeks yet?!
#149 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 06:38 PM

CONGRATULATIONS TO Danielle, Caroline and Savannah! So exciting to already get to start reading birth stories, although I still hope mine doesn't come for another week or so at least.

Had a midwife appt yesterday. Everything is fine. I've gained a total of 34 lbs so not bad there. I will quote my midwife, "we've got such a stinker on our hands". She's said this every appt since our very first one because every time she does heart tones Spud kicks her. Well yesterday she said it because Spud's flipped posterior. Stinker indeed! I've been banned from the couch, which seriously cuts into my olympic couch potato lifestyle, even though I argued that I don't recline on the couch, I sit indian style and lean forward. No dice. We are going to try the version thingy she has in our birth book. She said she's never had a baby not turn after it, but if Spud doesn't turn then there could be a reason he needs to be posterior, like something to do with placement of my placenta. She also recommended getting on my hands and knees and scrubbing the floors....poooo...I was hoping Robert would get stuck with that chore. So I've been scrubbing away all day. My hips are hurting and Spud is moving like crazy, who knows what position he's in now.
#150 of 199 Old 08-25-2004, 06:45 PM

That doesn't make sense! At least be past "due" first.

There suppose to be a spot that you put pressure on your ankle that is suppose to naturally jumpstart labor. I'll have to see if I can find the link.

ETA: I was referring to Heather's post not Christi's.

Hope Spud has flipped and stays flipped for you Christi. And YUCK about having to scrub the floors. That's just wrong.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page