The Babies Are Coming! The Babies Are Coming! Chat Thread 8/21 - 8/27 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, no kidding, but I actually SLEPT WELL! amazing. I woke only for pee trips, went right back to sleep, and slept from 11 until 7.

ooooh, maybe this is a sign, since I actually got a night or two of sleep without waking with cntrx before Isabelle. hmmm.

On the other hand, I dreamed that the baby was born the day before the first day of school, and that would be Monday, the 30th.
#182 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 09:02 AM

Finn is SOOOOO cute! Oh, I can't wait to hold my little one! And the wool soaker is pretty cool too.

Yay for all those getting some good sleep. I did the other night, but fell short last night with ds waking up at 3 ready to take on the world. After laying in bed for two hours with us both still wide awake, we got up at 5 a.m. to share some OJ and blueberry muffins while cuddling under a big down blanket. I get so blown away by how much I love this little person and wonder how can I possibly feel the same way about this other one that will be here soon.

The phone calls have started for me as well. I'm 36 weeks along, and my family is already calling with the "Any news yet?" and "How are you feeling dear?" phone calls. Ugh! I can't imagine what they'll be like if I actually go over my due date.

I'm feeling so at peace with everything right now. I'm uncomfortable most of the time, clumbsy beyond belief, and akward, but I love my pregnant body. I'm one of those people who love being pregnant. I'm also so looking forward to holding this baby and I just started feeling ready for the actual birth. Such a catch-22.

Dh is still nesting. He made three meals last night, two to freeze, dinner for last night, and dinner for tonight. He also surprised me with a spa package for next Friday, including a massage and a pedicure! So I'll have nice relaxed muscles and pretty toes to stare at when labor hits. I'm so looking forward to it! DH starts school on Monday, so things are about to get even crazier around here.

Have a good weekend everyone! Sending quick and easy labor vibes to all those who are ready!

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#183 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 09:51 AM

Danielle,
Finn is beautiful!!! I want to snuggle him so badly!!! And his soaker is adorable too.

to all

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#184 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 09:53 AM

Good morning everyone!

Finn sure is a gorgeous little guy! That wool soaker is adorable too! Can't wait to hear more about the birth!

Pam you do look truly lovely.... isn't pregnancy sexy!!!

Plantmommy glad to hear you had such a good night sleep, I did too. i wrapped my wrists last night which was uncomfortable... BUT did not have numb tingling hands and fingers! There have been times it felt like there were rubber bands tightly wound around my fingers! It stung like a bee sting.

Melanie, I am so sorry that you are feeling so upset and overwhelmed. I wish i had the magic words to help you feel better. Just know that we care and that you can vent to us whenever you want... I've noticed you have been posting a little more often and have been glad to see it. Get it off your chest!

My news
Last night I saw the first signs of mucos plug! Not like big weird blobs or anything, but a little extra goo... enough to make me stop and go "Hey, that's something new." It's like seeing a sign on the highway saying LABORLAND 15 miles ahead. We're not there yet, but will be soon!

Wanna hear something silly?? Last evening I started crying on the couch about wondering if I really want to have a baby or not! I think I was just freaking about leaving work and having my daily pattern change so much. I am not planning on returning to work and am concerned about our finances and future. I was all sniffling and asking Jerome if we should be doing this now.... like we have any choice!!!! The funniest thing is that this is the only time i have questioned my feelings about having a baby. From moment one, i've been totally excited and confident about being a mother. Maybe it's another sign that labor is approaching......

Well, work is about to get in full swing, I came in early so I could get in a nice long post before work starts. hope you are all having a great day!

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#185 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 10:53 AM

Happy last day, Anna!

I'm sad because the perfect window is closing. The in-laws get back from Italy tomorrow, and school starts on Tuesday. Mind you, dh will have the in-laws wait a few days before swooping, and I will keep the kids home the day of/after birth, but it would be so lousy if they had to miss school in the first week.
#186 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 11:26 AM

Sleep last night felt non-exisistent last night. Both Grant and I were flip flopping. I was flip-flopping since my hips are killing me and Grant was flopping because he had a perianal abscess drained yesterday. We thought he had a thrombosed hemmorrhoid but it was an abscess instead. I am hoping that it doesn't come back otherwise it will have to be surgically removed. Poor Grant had to ask if he could borrow some of my maxi pads since he is going to have some drainage for a week. How embarrassing is that?

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#187 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow adventuregirl, I can't believe you're hiking like that! You'll be in great shape for the birth.

plantmommy, your mw sounds like my dream mw! Though I think I've discovered that as much as I like the idea of me or dh catching the baby, once I'm actually pushing I'm so intent on that and dh is so intent on me, it's a good thing to have someone else there for the baby.

Jen, I have such a hard time figuring out what's what with the baby kicks, and I'm at #3. Then the mw would be feeling for the baby and say "There's a foot" or "There's the bum, the baby's got a boney bottom!" and I would feel so clueless.

Melanie, I hope you're feeling better. It stinks being so uncomfortable and hurting all the time.

Danielle, Finn is so cute! Is his hair reddish? Dh is a red head, all 6 of his siblings are too, and he's always complaining that he wants a red headed kid. His sister has two red heads, and her hubby has jet black hair, so he figures that with my family having lots of blond in it (though I'm not), we should have had a red head by now. But nope, this baby has lots of black hair. We do have an orange cat though, I told him when I brought her home that he finally has his red head kid.

MamaAcorn, doesn't everyone know that you're not supposed to ask if the baby is born yet? You need to come up with some witty or funny responses. "Just a sec, I'll ask dh, see if he knows" or something like that. And your dh sounds wonderful, doing all that prep work.

Anna, don't feel silly. You're dealing with a major life change and you're pumped full of pg hormones! Enjoy your time home from work!

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#188 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls
Anna - your boss sounds like my dad. That means that he is totally sad that you are leaving, doesn't know what he's going to do without you and has no idea how to show or tell you so he's acting like a jerk. The sadder they are, the jerkier they are. Little consolation, I know, but I'm way familiar with that m.o. !
jen
Will wonders never cease..... the grumpy old Marine had flowers delivered for me today!!! He looked like he wanted to hug me... but didn't. Was pretty funny if you ask me!

Off to go eat my lunch! I brought cupcakes to share today... Devil's food with chocolate frosting! And sprinkles!!

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#189 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 02:41 PM

I had a much better night last night. I decided to try pillows strategically placed. It made such a difference. I had a lot less ligament pain. Thank goodness!
Well, by this time, 4 of my kids were already here(the girls). My boys were later than my girls. I still think this one is a girl.
#190 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 03:00 PM

I have a question. All of my friends and some of you guys are sick of being pg and just ready to be done. Is this a normal sign post you have to go thru before labor? Just wondering. Since I'm not feeling that way yet, I was wondering if maybe that's an indcator that we aren't close. Just curious if everyone goes thru that???
#191 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 03:07 PM

Ugh! My cable connection has been horrible lately. I get a chance to read and it won't let me reply because it would timeout. It really annoys me to see them advertising like crazy but they can't put that $$ into getting the system stable enough to sustain the current usage but they want more?? : Even now, I've tried to post a couple different posts for the last 30 minutes, and the @($&^&% thing keeps timing out! : : I think I'll be calling them and asking for a credit for the past week. It's been ridiculous. Seems like it's been worse here at MDC too.

Oh Finn is adorable!! It's so funny to be reminded just how 'tiny' they can be. Cute soaker too.

Pam! Love that belly. You are perfectly round like a ball and all in the front. I doubt anyone would know you were pregnant from the back. I know what you mean, I love being pregnant too. This pregnancy has been harder than the others, I wish was in better shape. Of course my OB pointed out that each pregnancy does take its physically toll, the soreness I feel now... was caused by my duo. :LOL It is totally that catch-22, love being pregnant but also want to hold that baby so badly!!

I am tired of drinking tepid water and 'iced' tea. Anytime I drink something slightly cold... Radish does the Hokey-Pokey for 10 minutes. Like I need for him to let me know he's there. He does that enough without something cold!

Well it's offical, my sleep sucks now. I couldn't sleep flat last night, I woke up with heartburn. But I can't sleep worth a flip propped up. It hurts my back and hips and I don't really feel rested because I wake up constantly. Hopefully David will be home in 2 days, maybe even tomorrow night!! I know this is just getting me ready for when Radish is here... but I want to sleep NOW!!! :LOL I'm going to really push the naps today.

Radish's butt is definitely sticking out to the right. Lots of feet and hands pushing to the left. The occasional elbow out the right but mainly everything is to the left. If that isn't Radish's butt... then it would be his head and that would be VERY BAD. It was really easy to figure out what was what with Tori (even though she was my first) she laid on her back, head down almost the whole pregnancy. And she would stretch her arms and legs straight out at the same time. Was funny to see her do that in the nursery after she was born. She still lays like that a lot. My little sprawled eagle girl. :LOL That's why she didn't co-sleep with us... she is a MAJOR bed hog. :LOL She needs her 'space'. :LOL

It's been sweet the last 2 weeks with David gone. He usually puts Jack down for naps and bedtime. Jack snuggles on his chest and David sits there and pats his back... boy passes right out. Well I've had the duty with David is out of town. Jack is such a sweet snuggler. I've missed that baby weight laying on my chest, I know I'll have it again soon enough with Radish but it's been sweet to have it again with Jack. Unfortunately it makes getting up difficult. If I have my feet far enough apart to be able to get the leverage to stand... it hurts my pelvis. OUCH!!
#192 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 03:07 PM

Whichever way you look at it, at 38 weeks and 6 days, you're close!

With Jack, I felt pretty much great right up until I went into labor, so I don't think how you feel is really indicative of anything.
#193 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 03:15 PM

I felt great with both Tori and Jack until the day I went into labor. I was really sore and stiff early in the morning, felt better that afternoon, had them late at night.

I know this pregnancy has been rougher for me because I'm so out of shape and was heavier that I would have liked to start with. Especially since my body likes to gain 50+ pounds. And chasing two instead of one does make a difference.

If I'm sitting still, I forget I'm pregnant sometimes. And when I'm laying down (well until last night couldn't find a comfortable spot). It's the 'moving' that frustrates me sometimes. Specifically the bending over... picking up the little toys over and over and over and over and over and ... well you get the point. :
#194 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 03:33 PM

If horses get to sleep standing up, why can't we???? Really, if I didn't have to lay down to sleep I'd be a lot more comfortable! Just thought I'd share!

:horse1
#195 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

If someone could figure out how to securely suspend me in a pool for the whole day and overnight to sleep, I'd be happy. I spent nearly an hour in the pool at the YWCA today - 40 mins swimming and 20 mins doing pelvic rotations and leg stretches and just floating with my belly hanging (beats hands and knees!). Sprout sleeps the whole time when I swim, too - I'm paying the price right now and getting kicked and punched, but the water time was great. I don't think it brought down the swelling in my fingers, but my toes look normal, at least. (I had to pry my college ring off of my finger this morning. Ah well, this is the first real swelling I've had so far, so I guess I can't complain.)

Samantha - MDC was down a bit this morning, I had a lot of connection problems too.

Shannon - I have hopes for a redhead. Not high ones, lest I be disappointed, but my dad was a redhead until he was about 10, I had red hair until I was about 4, and our donor has straight, thick red hair. Curious how this child will look!

Anna - don't feel silly about breaking down like that. I feel the same way at least once a week, as if we made the wrong decision to become parents, despite the fact that being a mother is something I've wanted practically my whole life. We're on the cusp of a huge, permanent change. Dramatic, earth-shattering, irreversible... etc. You'll be a great mama, I can already see you and baby in matching straw hats out planting flowers in the garden, getting really muddy!

Heather J - POOR Grant! POOR POOR MAN!!! I hope you both get some sleep tonight...

Plantmommy hooray for a good night's sleep! I had one too, I think I can attribute mine to having jumped Jo and having the favor returned talk about lack of uncomfortable positions, oof...

Sistermama Sarah how's the tree cleanup coming?

all for now,

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#196 of 199 Old 08-27-2004, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
page 1
page 2
page 3

The last page is the earliest pic, she's about 5 hours old

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#197 of 199 Old 08-28-2004, 10:09 AM

Shannon, she's beautiful!!!

Of couse, last night I slept absolutely horribly.
And I was going through MDC withdrawel! Glad we're back up.
#198 of 199 Old 08-28-2004, 10:09 AM

Oh Shannon!! She's beautiful. What sweet round cheeks.

Thank you for sharing her picture with us.
#199 of 199 Old 08-28-2004, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Hey gang,

I started a new thread for this week. can you believe it! One week, over 2000 views and 10+ pages of posts?!!!

A little tease: there's exciting news in the new thread

xo, j

ps: hooray for MDC being back up! :

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page