Full moon Sunday coming up - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-25-2004, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has it ever made a difference to any of you?

My little ones always scoffed at moon phases and thunderstorms, and came when they were ready.
#2 of 8 Old 08-25-2004, 07:39 PM

It's never made a difference to me, but my friend who's a doc says she would rather have call on any holiday - Christmas, Thanksgiving, you name it - than be on call during a full moon. Numbers at the hospital she was resident at doubled in all areas, including the birth center.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#3 of 8 Old 08-25-2004, 10:02 PM

The moon doesn't faze me neither does a drop in the barometer.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#4 of 8 Old 08-27-2004, 12:56 AM

With the hurricane here a week and a half ago I thought I was really going to have this baby. The contractions were strong and hard...just never got regular. Everyone told me it was the barometric pressure change. I had never heard that before but I guess it really effected me. I'm hoping the full moon will get this labor going. I'm ready!
#5 of 8 Old 08-27-2004, 10:00 AM

Everytime we have had a thunderstorm this summer the baby has gotten all excited and wiggly. Lots of kicks and stretches during thunder... I even looked up the words storm, lightning and thunder in other languages... looking for acool baby name. They were mostly too long or just plain weird!

As far as moon cycles... I personally have always been pretty strongly affected by the moon. Often my cycle would coincide with the moon..... hummmmm.

When is this next full moon, again?

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#6 of 8 Old 08-27-2004, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

The 29th.

So, I take it you don't like the name 'Thor'? (thunder)
#7 of 8 Old 08-27-2004, 03:11 PM

Barometric pressure changes ALWAYS have affected my migraines my whole life, so we'll see if the moon has any effect on Spud. My guess right now is no, but what do I know I've never done this before....as I keep having to remind Robert when he asks me questions I don't have any closer an answer to than he does.
#8 of 8 Old 08-27-2004, 03:17 PM

Both Tori and Jack were born a few days after the new moon. 3-5 days after. Both came wihtin a day of their due date. So the full moon didn't affect me thankfully because that would have really sucked. :LOL

I've heard that the moon does affect labor a lot. Lots of babies born on the full moon. If you take it from the scientific aspect, it does make sense. IF the moon can affect the tides on the Earth to the degree that is does, why wouldn't it affect a human body that is made up of 55-70% water. YK? We've been extremely lucky with Hurricanes here so far this season... but we still have "worst" part of the season ahead of us. We are 'due' for a big nasty one here in Texas, it's been a 100 years and they think we'll have another one soon. Hopefully it won't be Francis, we already had a horrible Tropical Storm Francis 6 years ago. It sat out in the Gulf for a few days and just pumped a ton of water inland. We had 3+ feet of water in our downstairs.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page