Why wait til Sept to have a baby? Chat thread 8/28 - 9/3 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lynsey, I love the pictures! I keep trying to talk dh into trying to take some artistic-type photos of my preggo belly, especially with ds, but so far, no luck.

Oh, Meredith! You're growing a healthy baby! This is no time to limit what you eat. I'm sure that you're doign a great job! I can relate though to mean comments from family. My grandmother was the worst with my last pregnancy. She would stop by at least once a week and tell me how fat my face was getting or how I was gaining too much weight. I'm thankful to be 800 miles away from family this time around, so I only have to deal with the phone calls, much less stressful.

Savannah, those twins are absolutely precious! And big brother looks to be doing a good job too!

Danielle! I can't imagine what you are going through, but it doesn't sound pleasant. You're doing the best that you can, and that's all any of us can do! I hope that you're feeling better soon!

We had another busy weekend. DH had lots to do to get ready for school. Today is his first day of the semester, and boy is he going to be busy this week, not getting home until after 9 all week. Ds is already asking about daddy and missing him. Dh had last week off and spents lots of time playing with ds, so now they're both going through withdraw.

Not much going on pregnancy-wise. Still can't get comfortable, though sleep has been going a little bit better. Lots of BH contrax, some stronger than others. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow, so begins the wait for labor.

Pam

(Oh, I posted an album full of pics to the yahoo group)

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#62 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Meredith - I am sorry for the rude comments and I feel your pain. My mother had two 5 pound babies whom she considered absolutely perfect (well... we were ) and gained about 10-15 lbs with both of us. When I told her that the midwife guesstimated the weight of Sprout to be around 7 lbs, she was distraught at what a "big" baby I was growing and insisted that I must have gestational diabetes or something. She does not accept the reasoning that she had small babies because of her steady, daily consumption of 3 cups of black coffee and 1/2 - 1 pack of cigarettes throughout pregnancy, she just said "babies seemed to be smaller back then" and insists that women nowadays are growing babies who are too big. It drives me insane and Jo even more so.

Danielle I'm sorry to hear that things are going so roughly for you if you need anything please, please let us know, I'm not kidding even though my due date is in 3 days! Jo is willing to help too. Give me a holler if we can do something for you.

I need to scoot to a chiro appt. Gosh I wish there were some news from Sheryl and Anna! Caroline, I'm still thinking about little Jackson! Hope he's doing well!

love, jen

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#63 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 12:46 PM

Have a nice chiro appointment Jen.

Well, last week, the mw said she expected to see me some time this weekend. No such luck. She thinks I should have the other mw do a membrane sweep at my appointment tomorrow evening. I don't know if I will or not.
#64 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 02:03 PM

I hear ya on the weight comments. Every time someone prints a picture off the net of me and takes it to my Dad he calls and says he's looking a big fat girl. Ok, that's the nice version, he's called me lard a** too. Lovely huh. Of course this is the father that used to call me that in high school too.....I didn't break 100 lbs until college, so he's a little warped! And why do people think its any of their business how much I weigh. My MIL ALWAYS asks. I want to ask her, so how much weight have you put on this month because you look alot heavier! :

Well, I guess we can officially have Spud now. I had three stretch marks pop up on my lower belly yesterday. It was the craziest thing because they weren't there on Sat and then last night, TA DA. Robert was amazed. We are both pretty sure that Spud has dropped, so I hope I got him flipped anterior first, we'll see at our appt tomorrow.

Can't wait to hear about those babies! For some reason I was a nervous wreck getting up to pee last night, every time I stood up, I just KNEW that my water was going to break.
#65 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 02:10 PM

*laughs* I just realized why I've not been getting notices of new posts on this thread, because I haven't posted anything on it, duh! I hope everything is going well for Anna and Cheryl. The baby pictures are all so cute!

Caroline, I'm so glad things are going beter for Jackson.

Danielle, I hope you're feeling better soon! Sounds like things are really rough for you right now.

I keep waiting for soemthing to happen. No sign of anything yet. I know, it's not even my due date yet, still, it's hard not to get antsy. It's very nice to have my husband home for the next few weeks, hurray! We're getting ready to make a grocery list and go to Whole Foods. Then we're going to come home and clean. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and I'm crossing my fingers that my iron level is up to 10.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good right now after several days of feeling really crappy so i should get ready to go out and take advantage of it. Hope everyone has a great day!
#66 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 03:07 PM

i feel something that makes me wonder if the baby is dropping. certainly i am getting more pressure when i stand. but nothing else. sigh. i am seriously impatient.

this kid only has till midnight tomorrow (august 31) to be born before the last-ditch kindergarten cutoff and i'm getting nervous that we aren't going to make it. if s/he is born in august i can petition to have him/her go to kindergarten in 2009 - if i think s/he is ready. and if they have room and think s/he is ready, they'll take him/her. if the kid is born in september, no dice. definitely no kindy till 2010. unless they change the law!

i've passed the point in my last pregnancy when my daughter was born. at this point last time, i had a nursling. at this point this time, i have a watermelon. sigh.

meredith - people can be so awful about a pregnant woman's shape! i've actually lost weight in my face and neck and local folks have been (kindly) telling me for a couple of months now that i look "great", but my own parents just feel compelled to say i look big when they see me. sheesh. and my last two babies were 7lb 13oz and 7lb 11oz - hardly huge babies!

when my mother was pregnant with me, she was having dinner with her OB (a friend of hers and my Dad) and when she reached for seconds he actually slapped her hand away!!! can you imagine being treated with such patronizing condescending disrespect?! but she wasn't supposed to gain more than about 15 pounds! lord only knows how most babies managed to be born healthy...

well, here's hoping i have this kid in august. i think if i go into labor on the evening of the 31st i'll turn all my clocks back an hour so i can claim an august 31 birthday more easily.
#67 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 03:34 PM

#68 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 03:43 PM

#69 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 04:11 PM

#70 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 04:42 PM

#71 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 04:50 PM

#72 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 05:29 PM

it kept telling me it couldn't get to mothering.com and it just kept timing out and i kept trying to post it ... i am really sorry!
#73 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, Vicki, I had never thought about that. Well, yes I did, briefly - but 1st grade cut-off in our school is 6 by May, and our Kindergarten enrollment is so much different (3.5 by September 1 for 2-day Kindergarten, 4.5 by Sept 1 for 3-day Kindergarten, 5.5 by September 1 for 5-day Kindergarten) that I guess I never stopped to think about it, I just shrugged and figured we'd have one of the oldest kids in the class. That doesn't seem so out of the ordinary at our school.

I'm ready for a nap... again. Had a bad night's sleep last night because every time I rolled on my left side I either rolled onto Jo or I got all worried that I was going to snore in her ear which kept me at a light doze instead of a deep sleep. Finally at about 8:30 when she got up I feel into a deep sleep for an hour and a half.

Sprout kicks greetings. Always so kicky when I come home from swimming.

jen

#74 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 05:59 PM

Thanks for all the love, mamas!
I feel so much better today.
Fever has broken.
They gave me an injection of something in the hospital yesterday that seemed to help immensely.

I'm going to try to play catch up on the thread and see what everyone is up to, and what their babes are up to, and post more actively later.

In the mean-time, here's a small preview of some of our diaper stash! We have been snapping pics as we change him.

I am loving cloth!

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBt3LRuxbMOk
#75 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 06:38 PM

I've had the opposite experience with the size comments -- people have been telling me that I don't look eight months pregnant, that I look smaller than I did with past pregnancies, etc., and I was actually offended until I remembered that most people don't look at it as I do (that bigger is better) but mean it as a compliment. :LOL
#76 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Linda, I've been getting the same kind of thing. "You don't even look pg!" "When will you start really showing?" (jokingly, at least) etc. Of course, I've been waiting to be obviously showing for a LONG time! One of the ladies who can never believe how far along I am because of how I look asked the other day if I was just getting smaller overall and just growing in the belly - which is exactly what's happening. (I'm actually under pre-pg weight - just how my body does this.) Anyhow, I have to remember that I DO in fact look pg now (at nearly 9 months!), and no one ever means the "you're too small" comments rudely. :LOL Thankfully I also get a lot of "Wow, you look great!" which I'm sure is due to having slimmed down otherwise (my face looks totally different than it did a year ago - but for the good!).

I can't believe some people can be so rude as to comment on a beautiful pg woman getting larger! Especially at this point in pregnancy, pg mamas are just radiant! Even if you've put on 100 extra pounds, remember you are gorgeous and will never look better than right now with that baby belly.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#77 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 08:48 PM

Has Mothering been messing up again today? Ive been having problems getting on the boards for several hours.

Anyways....is it just me or does anyone else feel like they are going to die waiting for news about Anna and Sheryl???
#78 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 09:16 PM

I had problems with MDC this morning, but it's been okay for me this afternoon.
Yes, I'm finding it hard to wait for the news, that includes some birth stories that haven't been posted yet (no pressure).
#79 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 09:56 PM

**Announcement**
Mama's who are participating in the swap, please make sure your wish lists are finished by tonight. Then pm me if you have a special person you'd like to send to. I will post the match-ups on September 1st to the swap thread.

Okay, yes, I too am dying to hear about Anna and Sheryl's babies!! I can't wait to find out the sex, the name, hear all about the birth, everything.

Lynsey, those pictures are beautiful. I love the ones of you with your kids. And you and your belly are just beautiful!! I don't see any red, bumpy, horrible patches. Is your rashy belly feeling any better? I'm so sorry your midwife was so rude at your home visit. She must have been having a bad day, but that is no excuse for that kind of insensitivity.

Vicki, your baby will be here so so soon mama. And if it's not tonight then maybe that baby will just be better off waiting a year for kindergarten. Our cut-off here is October 11 and I know lots and lots of parents keep their kids back an extra year if they are close to the deadline. I know you are just so tired of being pregnant though and ready to meet that baby and I know you will SOON!!

Danielle, I'm so glad you are feeling better today. That is so unfair to have to be dealing with mastitis and breastfeeding issues when you should just be getting to love on beautiful Finn. And gosh he is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the diaper pics too. I can't wait to start using my little bitty cloth. What are your favorites so far?

Jen, hope you sleep better tonight! My sleep has been leaving lots to be desired lately too.

Lazuli, I'll be thinking of you lots and sending you high iron vibes for your appointment tomorrow!!

Christi, I seem to be getting new stretch marks daily too. Ah well, it's for a good cause. Let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow.

Pam, I'm sorry that you and your ds are missing your dh now that he's back at school. I forget, does he work during the school year too?

I'm the late bloomer of the group, I'll just be 36 weeks tomorrow. Still, it feels like a milestone to me. I'm having lots of b/h and feel crampy every night when I get into bed. I know labor isn't imminent (or even close) but it is still exciting to know that my body is gearing up for it. We got most of our birth supplies this weekend and got baby clothes down from the attic and the changing table set up and filled with diapers. Next weekend I'm planning to do lots and lots of baby laundry (including diapers). So that's the fun stuff. On the unfun side, I am feeling so physically exhausted all the time. The baby's movements are, for the most part, very uncomfortable too, though always comforting to know that s/he is healthy in there. I'm guessing that the baby is already about 7 1/2 pounds at least. I'm fully expecting to carry this baby to at least 41 weeks so I need to buck up or it's going to be one looooooooong month.

Can't wait to see who goes into labor next!!
Love to all,
Chrissy

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#80 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 10:00 PM

Don't have much time, but Nessa Delaney was born yesterday morning (Sunday 10/29), 10:50 am, 7 pounds even, 20 and 1/2 inches long, at home. Labor was pretty long, I'm getting my story together and will post it along with photos, just have lots to do right now...

If anyone else has had their babies, congrats! I'll get caught up sooner or later!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#81 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 10:08 PM

Congratulations Sheryl!!! I cant wait to see pics and read the birth story!

Chrissy,

I took the nettle tea, dandelion tincture and flaxseed oil and the bumps finally disappeared. I dont know if it was because of all that or what... When I spoke to the midwife about it she thought it might've been a virus or an allergic reaction because PUPPS usually occurs with the 1st pregnancy and often when theres been a large weight gain. Whatever it was, I am glad the rash is gone. It was horrible!!!

Danielle,

I love the pictures of Finn and his diapers! Everyones babies are so adorable, I cant wait to see what mine looks like. I imagine he/she will be blue eyed and bald...
#82 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 10:14 PM

Oh yay yay for Sheryl and Nessa!!! I can't wait to read her birth story and see pics!

Lynsey, so did you stop taking that stuff once the bumps went away? I'm almost out of my dandelion root and I'm not sure if I should get more. I really really really don't want that itching to come back, whatever it was. I'm so glad yours is gone.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#83 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 10:17 PM

Congrats Sheryl, and welcome baby Nessa!!!
#84 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 10:23 PM

Yeah Sheryl!!! Congrats!!!

At this rate we won't have any babies born in September!!!!

Caroline
#85 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 10:24 PM

YAY!! Congrats, Sheryl!!! : Nessa!! What a wonderful sweet name you have, precious little girl.

Thanks for letting us know; we were all about to explode waiting... =O) It will be great to read all about your home birth.

Danielle, your little Finn is just gorgeous! Is that auburn hair he has so much of??? What a cutie. And how fun to already be sporting his cloth dipes. I just started today (except the four Kissaluvs I had in the hospital) with some cute flannel fitted diapers and fleece liners, oh and little PUL covers. What puffy butts my cuties have now! We love 'em!

Lynsey, your pictures are amazing. I cannot get over how beautiful they are. And you and your belly and kids are so gorgeous. I am jealous! I never had a chance to take my "Nicolas kissing the preggo belly" shots... :

Pam, I saw your pictures on Yahoo... AWESOME! What a nice belly you have there! And smart girl, starting to take photos each week here at the end. Some numbnut missed taking hers on the day before delivery (37 weeks), thinking she could do them every two weeks instead of one...

And thank you all for your sweet compliments on our twins. I really like the plaid cuties pictures, too! Oooh, today I took pics of the unpainted belly cast, with the babies beside it, and even one with them inside it. It looks really neat! I'll probably be able to post a link tomorrow or the next day. Today I feel quite sick with either bronchitis or startings of pneumonia????
#86 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 11:27 PM

Congratulations Sheryl!!! Welcome Nessa! She is beautiful!!! And you look great!

Lynsey, you look gorgeous! The pictures of you with your children are so sweet.

Danielle, glad to hear your fever broke. Thanks for sharing the pics of Finn. He's so cute in those diapers!

Pam, beautiful belly! And your diaper stash, everything is so organized. I need to get on that!

I also added some pics today. I need to get a 36 week shot, though I'm a few days late. Maybe I'll wait till next week.

I can't wait to hear about Anna!
#87 of 231 Old 08-30-2004, 11:42 PM

Anna wanted me to post a brief update:

She had a baby girl this morning at 1:35 am after doing a fantastic job with laborland! Both are healthy and perfect. Jerome is over the moon!

Baby weighs 6 lbs 14oz and is 19 inches long.

I will let Anna post all the awesome details but we didn't want to leave you totally hanging. She is hoping to get online soon but will post by Friday when they hook up her new connection.

Hooray for Anna and her awesome daughter! (She'll tell you the name too)

Big sister, Mary
#88 of 231 Old 08-31-2004, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

babies babies babies babies!!!

Wow, two girls! 7 babies and it isn't even september yet!!

The sweet thing: I came home from having coffee with a friend of mine (who will be a great male influence in our little Sprout's life!) and Jo handed off the computer to me and said I should find out if there was baby news

I'm so excited! congrats Anna and Sheryl!!!!!

jen (still no baby here!)

#89 of 231 Old 08-31-2004, 02:41 AM

Wow so much has happened in the last 24+ hours. :LOL

Yeah, two more babies are here! And two little princesses. : : :

Congratulations Sheryl and Anna!!!

Meredith- I'm sure the baby is fine. Lots of protection in there. I would think you would feel something if there was a problem. You'll probably be a bit sore but okay. I did a total yardsale flat onto my back fall onto the kitchen floor when I was bout 36 weeks with Jack. Luckily Tori was down for a nap at the time. I think I laid of the tile floor for about 20 minutes waiting for my bones to knit back together. I was pretty sore for a couple of days but no other effects. Jack was fine for another 4 weeks. And what is up with rude family saying you are 'big'. Tell them to take a flying leap!! I've gained 60+ pounds and I still look fabulous. And you ARE beautiful.

Jen- when my mom was 20 days overdue with my brother, she scrubbed the kitchen floor... she went into labor the next morning. :LOL

Savannah- what total cuties!! Love the plaids. Post your story on the birth thread.

Danielle- I'm so sorry that BFing didn't work out for you, I know if was something that you wanted to happen. Mastitis is a cruel joke on a breastfeeding relationship especially in the very earliest of stages. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. You must do what is best for you and your family. Don't let anyone tell you differently. Don't forget to post Finn's birth story on the thread that Caroline started.

Plantmommy- :LOL Not a bad sport at all. :LOL Just a very pregnant one.

Lynsey- those pictures are beautiful! I love B&Ws. I'm going to get David to take some more. I've wanted to get one with me holding Jack (maybe him in the butt ) and my belly bare. They are going to only be 18 months apart and I think it would look cute.

Pam- gorgeous belly! You are amazingly round. You look fabulous!

Christi- I didn't have any stretch marks with Tori unti she decided to drop the week before she was due. Tori was a very high riding baby, up under my ribs the whole pregnancy. She dropped and overnight, I had warrior stripes. :LOL Didn't get that many with Jack because he was down low the whole time and he just 'used' Tori's old stretches. Radish is adding his marks though, all my marks have added about 1-2 inches on the tops, almost all past my belly button now.

I just added a new inch to the one right above my belly button last night. Need to be careful doing a little

Vicki- :LOL about the mulitple posts. Just trying to boost your post count huh? j/king

I'm now on the weekly appointment schedule so I have one tomorrow afternoon. Doubt anything is going on. Still not having any B-H to speak of. Radish has definitely settled down movement wise today. He's getting into the move around a bunch then get really still for a while. Hopefully that means he's learning to "sleep" some.

David's home and it's really nice to have him around again. Tori was SOOOOO happy to see him yesterday. She was giddy. She kept hugging him and saying 'I love you Daddy and missed you'. He got so choked up. Jack was a little hesitant yesterday but quickly warmed up to him again. Especially when it was bedtime, he snuggled right into David's chest and sighed really big. His 'sofabed' was back.
#90 of 231 Old 08-31-2004, 02:51 AM

I feel yucky! Was fine earlier today, then all of a sudden I started feeling really awful and my intestines staged a revolt. My knees are absolutely killing me, they actually hurt like it's period time, which is a bit odd. Otherwise I just feel sick and achey. *sigh* I should try to go back to sleep soon.

Hurray for the two new babies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page