Why wait til Sept to have a baby? Chat thread 8/28 - 9/3 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 231 Old 08-31-2004, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, ladies! Yay!! and Congrats!! on the new babies!!

I can't wait to hear the birth stories and see more pics!

I didn't get to post much yesterday - been reading up but not enough time to respond to everyone. Not that I can figure out what all I've been doing! I think there's a million tons more that needs to be done.

We finished our birth class last night, which was good. I was having mild ctx basically the whole time, and each of the resting positions we tried (from sitting to standing to lying) felt so comfy!! DH is feeling like he remembers a lot more now, so I think we're both as prepared for this as we can be.

Samantha, I will have to check out eBay for some Hannas! I looked at their sales recently and didn't find much still available that I really wanted. Hopefully we won't bid against each other! :LOL

Ooh, the talk of swimming sounds so nice! I was doing a lot more of it earlier but haven't gone often in the last month or two. It is so nice and relaxing! My MW says you burn more calories sitting in water than on land, so I've gotta figure no matter what I do in the water, it's a good thing!

Lazuli, I'd started to wonder where you were when I didn't see you on this thread! It definitely sounds like things are starting to get going for you. Yay!

Well, off to pay some bills, make phone calls, and try to get some housework done... I think we're going to go to Ikea tonight, which should count as my exercise for the day! :LOL

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#122 of 231 Old 08-31-2004, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB
... I think we're going to go to Ikea tonight, which should count as my exercise for the day! :LOL
Ain't that the truth!!! At least they have real food and a place to sit down and eat it in case you get starved from your exercise!

SarahB and Naomi congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for everyone here who is getting the birth they wanted - vaginal twins, breech baby at home, etc, etc! Does her middle name have a meaning and if so, what is it?

Of course, I'm not too psyched about the distinction of being the first person who is going to reach a full 40 weeks' gestation tomorrow, but after initial dreams and fantasies about having an August baby, I realized that nothing that I do is early or on time, so why should the kid be?

Today was a day of shouldas but I'm not in the least bit upset that I neglected them: I should have done housework, instead, I napped; I should have gone to pick up our fruit share, instead, here I sit I should have gone and dropped something off for my pastor, instead, I think I will ask Jo to put it in her car and drop it off. I figure if she can take time out of her after-work day to stop by a co-worker's house (many times) and help her out, she can certainly help her pregnant wife by dropping something off at church. Just the thought of getting behind the wheel makes me uncomfortable. Bleah.

The baby list so far is:

Shannon with an as yet unnamed baby girl;
Caroline with Jackson;
Savannah with McKenna and William;
Danielle with Finn;
Sheryl with Nessa;
Anna with baby girl Banana (Mielle?);
Sarahb with Naomi.

That's everyone, yeah? Plantmommy and Vicki going to make it an even 10 tonight?

Wish I were! Sprout laughs in utero!

j

ps: in regards to homeopathy: I am quickly becoming a firm believer in it. At first I was skeptical simply because it seemed kind of quackish - here, we'll add water to these substances, shake it like crazy and even though the substances cause a reaction in a larger dose, in an infintesimal does, they will cure it, and the smaller the dose, the more potent - but it has worked too many times for me to be a hoax. I have used homeopathy now to find quick relief from my killer sinus infections, nasty pregnancy hemorrhoids, muscle soreness and mysterious bug bites. The sinus infection remedy is especially important to me because my sinuses are very susceptible to viruses after a 3-week sinus infection about 6 years ago. With the remedy I can short-circuit it and have a 3-day cold.

The more I think about it, the more it seems to make sense - if you get sick, your body overcomes the sickness by fighting it and making itself stronger. After you've had the sickness, your body is strengthened and will continue to fight off the sickness til its gone. Homeopathy introduces tiny amounts of, essentially, irritants into your system that match the symptoms of sickness you are having so that your body begins to produce the reaction that will fight it off. That's why it is so essential to come up with a complete picture of the symptoms you are having, so that you pick exactly the right remedy for your symptoms. If you pick the wrong one, nothing will happen to the symptoms (well, nothing will happen at all, whether you want it to or not). e.g. when I had the nasty 'rhoid : I thought I had exactly the right remedy picked out, but it wasn't working for me... had to try another one that actually seemed less right but had one small condition that the first one didn't, and bang, away it went in 2 days' time.

I have only used homeopathy for small, acute illnesses but I have heard good things about teething and colic remedies. We have a Hyland's Kids Kit with some basic remedies in it, and I have 2 homeopathy books coming in the mail right now.

Can it hurt? I don't think so if you're doing it on a low-scale, acute basis; bigger things should be assessed and remedies prescribed by a homeopath.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#123 of 231 Old 08-31-2004, 08:41 PM

OT!

Jen, I've been skeptical about homeopathy too, not because it seems too "far out" but because it doesn't seem internally consistent -- for instance, chamomile and arnica are supposed to have the same effect in whole form *and* homeopathic form, but that violates the "law of similars".
#124 of 231 Old 08-31-2004, 08:48 PM

Yippee another baby!! Welcome Naomi (I agree, beautiful name) and way to go super-birthing-mama Sarahb!!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#125 of 231 Old 08-31-2004, 09:18 PM

Oh, hurray, another baby! *tosses confetti* It's all so exciting! I still feel icky, my stomach is still unhappy, bleah! My mother is driving me nuts. She keeps calling me to ask how things are, has anything changed, etc. It's most frustrating. We just got back from getting milkshakes and are going to take a walk to the mailbox to mail back a movie. I'm still feeling grumpy about my visit to the doctor this morning. Oh well. Now I'll go get some exercise, whee!
#126 of 231 Old 08-31-2004, 09:54 PM

Ladies my husband needs some good vibes sent his way. He is dealing with a perianal abscess. I know TMI! Anyways he had a followup visit today to see how the drainage was going. The doctor wants him to have a colonoscopy to rule out Crohn's disease so they can operate since the doctor think the abscess won't heal. I would love to see this think heal up and disappear. Right now I am having a hard time dealing with the fact of my husband having surgery and me having to take care of a toddler and new baby at the same time. Thankfully the doctor told Grant that he can hold off on the colonoscopy until after David is born.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#127 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueviolet
OT!

Jen, I've been skeptical about homeopathy too, not because it seems too "far out" but because it doesn't seem internally consistent -- for instance, chamomile and arnica are supposed to have the same effect in whole form *and* homeopathic form, but that violates the "law of similars".
Yeah, there are parts of it that I don't get either. I just know it's worked too well for me to dismiss as bunk. That's why I'd like to learn more, but I think it's also one of those things you could spend a lifetime studying.

j

#128 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 01:38 AM

Yippee, Sarah!!! : Naomi!!! Wow, your birth and baby sound beautiful... Can't wait for pictures, etc. I the name Naomi. And I really like her unique middle name, too; please tell us its origins...
#129 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Why, oh why, please tell me why this child can lie with its back against the left side of my belly ALL WEEK and now, just in time for my midwife appt this afternoon, it's flipped with its back against my right side?

WHY?!!

A good strong contraction woke me at 3:30, but they've gone away again, and I was just left being kicked in the *left* ribs and hungry. So here I am. *sigh*

guess I'll go lie on my left side and see if I can't convince baby to slide back into place. Enough of this flipping, engage already!

with slight frustration and the usual early-morning grumpies,

jen

#130 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 07:15 AM

Jen, mine keeps going from side to side, too, and was on the right when my midwife came for her home visit. She was fine with it.

He was in a completely anterior position last night, and I had some good cntrx going for a few hours. You know, from around 2 to around 4.

Getting up to get the kids to school sucks.
#131 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 09:47 AM

Yeah Sarahb and Naomi!!! Congratulations on the amazing Frank breech. I love the names too!

Heather, ok, I'm sending your DH good healing vibes. That must be terribly uncomfortable and annoying--and really bad timing. Poor guy.

Jen, 40 weeks! Ok Sprout, any day now.

We had a couple from our birth class over last night. They brought their baby boy, Severin (another cool name) and told us their birth story. It was totally inspiring and really got me excited to have a story of my own, however it may turn out.

Making large quantities of pesto today. Keeping busy.

Steph
#132 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 09:57 AM

*sigh* I'm feeling most depressed and discouraged this morning, not a fun combination. At yesterday's doctor visit he insisted I had to have an internal exam, that they're compulsory for first pregnancies and if they don't do one at the office the nurse won't know when she comes to the house if anything's changed. Whatever. 0 effacement, 0 dialation and except for that day at Ikea, nothing even remotely resembling a contraction, BH or otherwise. Oh, and the doctor also said you never have the baby on your due date, you won't have yours until the middle of the month at least. Gee, thanks. And of course I'm worried about my test results and trying not to panic about that. I'm not sure what we'll do if my iron count isn't up, as they'll risk me out of a homebirth and the nearest hospital where they deliver at is at least an hour away in good traffic, three during rush hour. So I feel very mopey this morning. I really didn't get any cleaning or anything done yesterday so I have to do that today. I invited my grandfather to come up with my mom to visit after Vaysh is here and I'm really hoping he doesn't come, as I really can't get the house clean enough to make him happy and would rather not listen to him complain about how awful it is.

Sorry for whining, I'm just not having a good morning. Maybe I can persuade my husband to take me out for breakfast to make me feel better, otherwise I get grapenuts, woo.

Hope everyone else has a good day!
#133 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 10:53 AM

Hello all It's been a while. Since I've been off work we have had many guests and I have had many lunches out with friends. It's nice to live a life of leisure - even if that means I have to nap before or after everyday.

Congratulations to all who have had their babies already.

Sending labour vibes to you Jen and to anyone else who is ready to go.

I am still feeling good as long as I sleep and eat right. I think a lot is owed to the hypnobabies tapes cause they help me sleep and stay relaxed. I too am hoping my baby will come a bit early. I think I mentioned my MIL is coming for a week and I feel pressure to have the baby before she arrives, actually not so negatively, just that DH and I would like a babymoon before a guest. Anyway, we will see what the bean decides about this.

Started drinking raspberry leaf tea this morning. I like it. I'm sure it will help in some way. I've heard such good things for helping ease labour and boost milk supply.

Heather, I hope things go well for you DH. Poor guy. That can't be comfortable any time, and with a baby coming that just sucks!

Jen, I've been reading the homeopathy book you recommended for birth and baby. It's great. I like knowing the history and how it all works - well a basic sense of it, cause like you said I think you could study it all your life. A friend of mine goes to a homeopath, and I am thinking I will meet with him to get a basic feel for the care. I would like to get a home kit. How did you get yours i.e. did you research to put it all together, buy one pre-made or talk to a homeopath to put one together. Just wondering what route you took.

Cheers,
Julia
P.S. Lazuli, I hope you get out for breakfast and your day turns around!
#134 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 11:43 AM

I had another doctor's visit today and I liked the doctor. He said there was no reason to consider induction at this moment. He said that the other doctors are sticking with 9/3 as my due date and he said according to both of my ultrasounds, 9/6-9/8 for a due date seemed more realistic. He suggested making another appointment for Tuesday to see how I am doing. He said that the baby is still at a -2 station and I am still 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. I think David isn't too interested in coming out.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#135 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 11:55 AM

well, we missed the kindergarten cutoff.
hopefully i will be comfortable/happy with whatever the outcome is for this actual child in 5 or 6 years. my oldest sure isn't ready for kindergarten this year at almost 5. maybe this one won't be either, or maybe they'll be more flexible later. who knows.

mostly though, i don't want to be pregnant anymore. my right hip hurts so much i can't really sleep on my right side anymore. if my left hip starts to hurt just as much i don't know how i will fall asleep at night. i am eager to begin recovering from birth, but i have to give birth before that can start!!!

my midwife stripped my membranes yesterday at my request. she says i'm 2cm, stretchy, baby at around zero station but "not committed" to anterior or posterior, etc. it was a really uncomfortable exam, but i might see if she can come do it again soon. i am SO eager to get this pregnancy over with. it's definitely my last one, barring something totally unexpected happening.

if i follow my mom and get pregnant at 42 i think i'll fall down dead of shock and pure despair. of course, i was 16 back then and a big help. when *I* turn 42 it'll only be 6 years from now. i'll have a, lessee, 10.5 yr old, 8 yr old and 6 yr old. how much help would they be to a woman who needs to sleep 20 hours a day, i wonder?

but i am rambling. i hope we all have our babies healthy, quickly, and at a good time. and may my time be REALLY FREAKIN SOON!
#136 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Vicki: the K thing will work out fine. Wishing you some rest and less pain in your hips.

HeatherJ: thank heavens for a sensible doctor who sees no reason to induce a woman who's barely at term! If David wants to stay put for now, there must be a reason, eh? He'll make his appearance when the time is right. (Now someone say this to me, please!)

Julia: (I've been working on Jo for the girl's name Julia, unfortunately she has an Aunt named Julie whom she doesn't like - oh well...) Glad you're enjoying your life of leisure, those naps are essential although I will be laying off of mine for a while to try to get some sleep at night again. I got a pre-made Hyland's Kid's Kit at the co-op for around $25USD, it has some of the basic remedies in it: aconite 30x for colds and fevers, arnica 30x for bruising and sore muscles (I'll be taking that one after birth!), belladonna 30x for fever, chamomilla 30x for teething and crankiness, ferrum phos. 30x for fevers and inflammation, and hepar sulph. calc. 30x for cough and runny nose. plus there is a little stick of bumps and bruises arnica ointment and a little pamphlet on symptoms for repertoirising (sp?). I also bought their colic tablets as several mamas I know have recommended them to me. We do have a trained classical homeopath who is a mom at our school whom I've considered contacting to put together a birth kit - there are some you can order for $45USD but I'm afraid that it will get here too late I would just go out and buy Boiron blue tubes of the remedies recommended in the Castro book but that's $6USD a pop for over 15 remedies, and what if you never use them?

Lazuli: worry gently, ok? If the nearest hospital is 3 hours away in traffic, maybe you'll end up with a homebirth by default, you know? I hate to think of you giving birth on the shoulder of I-90 *shudder*. If your grandfather doesn't think the house is clean enough, he can pick up a freakin' mop himself. You will have better things to do then. Grr. :

Steph are you making pesto with a 15-month-old helper!? You're going to be so prepared for mommyhood!

We are hoping to induce labor tonight by sending Jo off to a baseball game with our friend Bill. Cheryl (his wife) offered to come over and hang out with me. I think that I will take her up on her offer to help me clean. I'm feeling a little nesty today. Still not interested in scrubbing the kitchen floor, though.

Sprout decided to go back to the left side after I lay on my left side for about 5 hours (3 of them sleeping). hooray for gravity. Now the question is: to swim, or not to swim? I keep worrying that I'm going to lose my mucus plug in the pool, wouldn't that be messy and embarrassing?

later my dears, j.

#137 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 02:30 PM

Hi, all. You gals definitely sound OVER being pregnant, lol. Jen, I don't think your mucous plug would escape your suit unless you're swimming naked??? But I'm just guessing...

Oh, I'm having such fun cloth diapering the babies!!! Took a whole day of pictures yesterday of my diaper changes (I think I'm getting the hang of the cute prefolds!!!) Matt is using the fitteds, so it's been harder to take those pictures. Man, do I have a cute stash! I just hope they last a nice long time.
#138 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls
Vicki: the K thing will work out fine. Wishing you some rest and less pain in your hips.

HeatherJ: thank heavens for a sensible doctor who sees no reason to induce a woman who's barely at term! If David wants to stay put for now, there must be a reason, eh? He'll make his appearance when the time is right. (Now someone say this to me, please!)

Julia: (I've been working on Jo for the girl's name Julia, unfortunately she has an Aunt named Julie whom she doesn't like
thanks jen. i'm sure you are right. i'll have 5 years to figure this kindy thing out.

heather, i completely agree with jen about your doc. induction is usually a negative. it really increases rates of c-section.

jen, so she doesn't like her aunt julie. what about juliet, julianna, ummm... surely there are other names that are far enough for her but you still like em?

gotta go.
#139 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrog
Hi, all. You gals definitely sound OVER being pregnant, lol. Jen, I don't think your mucous plug would escape your suit unless you're swimming naked??? But I'm just guessing...
Well, you see, Savannah, it's this ridiculous maternity swimsuit of mine... if the top stays over my boobs and I don't end up flashing the old man in the lane next to me, the bottoms are threatening to slide off when I push off the wall... :LOL swimming naked sounds absolutely fabulous to me! They should have "skinny dipping for pregnant mothers" as a class! I'd sign right up!!!

ps: Vicki: I tried Juliana, but it was the faux name Jo always got assigned in Spanish class in HS. What can you do. Believe it or not we made some serious progress with girl names last night. We've even got a SHORT LIST! (Very short, but a list nonetheless.) So keep your fingers crossed.

#140 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 03:07 PM

Well my appointment yesterday was typically 'uneventful'. My BP is a little high, but nothing to be concerned about. He said that's part of why my feet keep swelling. Just rest and drink water. I broke 200 pounds. :LOL One of the nurses must think I'm totally nuts. I think it's funny, I'm not worried I've always lost the weight in the past. I still had 20 pounds out of the 65 pounds from Jack but I was also only 10 months PP when I got pregnant again. And David's putting together a bike for me. And we're joining the YMCA today or tomorrow. He went and checked out the location nearest up and its REALLY nice. It's in an area that is competing with country clubs to get people to go. The pool area is awesome. I wished I'd started swimming earlier this pregnancy. Tori is going into swim classes next week. And the daycare area is really nice too.

We went to bed early last night and I'm still tired. I got to sleep until almost 10am. I just wished I hadn't woke up every 45 minutes to an hour all night long. Radish wasn't too restless and I wasn't in too much pain. Just couldn't get really "comfy" YK? Rolling over seems to be getting easier. I don't know if I'm just gettting better at not causing my pelvis to scream in pain when I roll over or if its getting better. Still feels like I've been kicked in the groin by a horse when I get up and move around but it wasn't the sharp pains when I rolled over. Hey, I'll take it.

Sarahb: : : : Congratulations!! Welcome to the world little Naomi!! Be sure to post the birth story when you get a chance to the Birth Story Thread.

Lazuli- okay smack that Doctor. Who says a woman never goes on her due date!! My SIL had her first DD on her due date. Tori was born ON her due date (and she was my first, Jack was born the day after his due date). It can too happen. : Never say never to a pregnant woman!! Try not to worry about the actual date WHEN. It will happen when it happens. And it can happen fast. And that is a crock about the internal unless it was the nurse that did it. Because you know what, each person feels something a little different. So just because HE checked doesn't necessarily mean the nurse will have the same referance. Ii could maybe understand if the baby was really low and you'd been having ctx but otherwise... he was flexing his muscle. Hope your iron is up okay. And hey you might get that HB anyway if the hospital is 3 hours in traffic. Just make sure DH is up on how to catch JIC. :LOL :LOL And ITA if your grandfather thinks the house isn't clean enough, he can pick up a mop or feel free to call a service and pay to have them clean for you.

About homeopathy... we use a few things. It does have that "stigma" of being "out there" but honestly... what does everyone think modern medicine is based on?? Many of the drugs that have been developed have been taken from plant extracts. They have tried to find more pure or mass produce something that is hard to find derivities of the herbal medicines. The one thing that I see a lot on many NFL boards is people forget that just because it's herbal or homeopathic doesn't mean it's harmless and not medicine. Care should always be taken with ANY drug whether its herbal or pharmacutical. I agree, I think it would take a lifetime to fully understand all the variances.

Julia- I was just thinking yesterday on my way home from my appointment... hmmm haven't heard from CdnAloha/Julia in a while... wonder if... Glad to hear that you are feeling good. Enjoy those naps!! I missed mine for the last couple of weeks and will be incorperating them back in the schedule now that David is back home.

Steph- oooh pesto...
Now it's just not right to post about making food and not post the recipe.

HINT HINT JEN... where's the blueberry buckle recipe??

We used the Hyland teething tablets with Jack. They worked really well. And I've used some of the sinus remedies that are out there and they've helped to. I've gotten more into it lately by trying to read up on some things. We use a lot of herbal stuff for skin care and such.

The one of most important thing about using homeopathics is to find a quality company. One that has an excellant reputation of using quality herbal extracts and has reputable suppliers. The biggest hinderance for the herbal market is it's total lack of regulation of quality and quantity. Some companies use substandard quality extracts and/or only use small amounts (not enough to truly help) or too much that could cause problems if you don't know it has that ratio in it. So find a good supplier. Sometimes you pay more for a good reputation.

HeatherJ: OUCH sorry to hear that your DH is suffering. Glad the surgery can be delayed a little while. If your David is anything like my David (DH) he'll come when he's ready and not a moment before. :LOL

Why do we want the baby to be on the left? Neither of mine were before and this one hasn't been either. My OB hasn't commented about it either. Just curious.
#141 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 03:26 PM

Hello ladies!!

Labor wishes to all who want them!!

Naomi is just perfect!! I weighed her this morning and she is still her birth weight, I am so pleased, no weight loss! She nurses almost constantly and my milk came in about 10 hours after she was born!

Middle names- my dh was raised traditional Southern Paiute here in Utah (his people are lenape from pennsylvania). All of our children have traditional middle names.

Eva Chumani- means drops of dew. When she was born the morning sun was coming through the window behind me and as she was posterior it shone right on her beautiful face. I use her middle name as my screen name as she was the first to make me a mother.
Noah Chiaka- means little duck. We thought this name was appropriate as both Noah and a duck know how to stay above water no matter what tosses them around.
Eliza Pekai- means desert tortoise. A desert tortoise is constant now matter what the conditions.
Jonah Pacu- large fish (dh's humor shines through).
Naomi Pa'chavi- means water bug that lives in a rock house (trilobite). The trilobite is a significant figure in Paiute creation stories.

Pronunciation- I am not very good at describing how the inflections go.

Can't wait to hear some Sept birth stories now that Sept is finally here. Have a wonderful day! Off to nurse my little one again!

Sarahb
#142 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 03:47 PM

Sarah, those are beautiful names, each and every one!

Gee, but I would LOVE to be the first to have a September baby.
#143 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Arg, I always forget to subscribe to the new threads! I'm so far behind, I only skimmed the messages.

Congrats Sheryl (I was thinking of Nissa as a name ), Anna, and Sarah! Great to hear about another birth that (here anyway) is usually medically overmanaged that went so smoothly.

We chose the name Miriam Louise today, dh is dropping off the birth registration forms right now. (Sorry Meredith!)

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#144 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 07:08 PM

YEAH!! Sweet little Miriam has a name.

Love it.
#145 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 07:43 PM

I love the name Miriam! All the names have been wonderful. I had an Aunt Miriam that we called Aunt Mimi.

Jackson is doing good..his bilirubin has gone down a little bit more, must be all that formula

I posted my birth story on the Birth Story thread....I think Savannah already posted hers here, maybe she could cut and paste it??

WHO IS NEXT???

Caroline
#146 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 07:58 PM

Miriam is a beautiful name.

My MW appointment went fine last night. While I was waiting, a couple came out with their newborn twins. How beautiful! It made me think of McKenna and William and made me wish I could see and hold them.Savannah, you are so blessed with two babies!!!

I went back today and picked up the birth pool. It surprised me that it is just a blowup pool. I don't know if I'm comfortable using it after other people have. Right now it's in the back of the van. I just don't know.

I've copied down the Blueberry Buckle recipe Jen. I think that will make a wonderful dessert tonight. I know everyone will love it! Don't really know what to make for the actual supper though. Oh well.
#147 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 09:18 PM

Okay, I'm seriously annoyed with the doctor I saw yesterday. I didn't care for him much before, i care for him even less now. I called at 1 as instructed to talk to him about my test results. It's now 7:20 and did I ever get a call back? Nope, of course not. I called the office at 5:15, got put on hold for 15 minutes, got hung up on, finally managed to get through to the office again only to be told he was still with a patient, she'd have to have him give me a call. *sigh* Maybe I can call the office i go to and see if the doctor there can give me my results tomorrow. I really don't need all this stress.

Well what do you know, he finally called me. My iron is up to 10.9 so he doesn't see any reason why i won't be able to deliver the baby normally. Eh?? Whatever, at least I know things are fine though he said my protein counts are low. *relieved* One less thing to stress out about.
#148 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 09:28 PM

Lazuli, that is awful, really really rude. I hate it when doctors (or midwives, or anybody really) forget that they are dealing with people with feelings. How would he feel if he were in your shoes? I am sorry that you are having to deal with this.

Jen, Naked pregnant woman swimming time sounds like a dream. Then I wouldn't feel like I had to shave my bikini line either. That has been what has been keeping me from the pool these last few weeks. Just can't bear the idea of it, or see it for that matter. So what's on your short list of girl's names?

Melanie, I'm glad your appointment went well. I bought my birth tub (blow up fishy pool online). I can give you the link if you want. I think it was about thirty bucks including shipping and it is pretty nice. Otherwise I'd give the one you've got a good scrub and I'm sure it'd be fine- oh, I mean have somebody ELSE give it a good scrub

Okay I'm going to have to cut this short, my boy calls. Nothing to report here anyway. Tomorrow I'm having my GBS swab done and getting my iron checked too since I've been so exhausted. That's it, just over 36 weeks here.

Night night!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#149 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 09:50 PM

And SOOOO fed up with "prelabor" cntrx!!!

Wanted to say that I'm sure the tub/pool has been thoroughly disinfected, but if it would make you feel better, have someone spray it down with a solution of 10% bleach to 90% water, then rinse it out.
#150 of 231 Old 09-01-2004, 09:56 PM

I hate all the contrax I've been having too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page