Babies, babies, and more babies! - chat thread 9/4 - 9/10 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 159 Old 09-10-2004, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Warning: new thread starting tomorrow!

The most fun I hope to have over the weekend is adding a 3rd member to our family.

We may go to see a movie with friends Cheryl and Bill if so inclined. depends what's playing at the cheap theaters. Wouldn't mind going out to eat but it seems we've been doing that a lot lately.

Jo is scared that I'm nesting. Frankly I don't know that folding laundry, cutting up a watermelon and washing the dishes counts as nesting. To her maybe!

I realized tonight that I haven't written a thing in my baby journal for at least a month now, so I ought to do that before I completely forget what's gone on.

xo, sure I'll be back on around 4 AM or so,

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#152 of 159 Old 09-10-2004, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls
I realized tonight that I haven't written a thing in my baby journal for at least a month now, so I ought to do that before I completely forget what's gone on.
Tell me about it! Yikes! I keep meaning to spend some time journalling about these first few weeks with Mielle, but it seems the only time i have time, is when she's nursing and that still takes two hands..... wishing I had a 3rd! She's always flinging her arms around and scratching at her own eyeballs! So my hands are generally to busy to do anything else. And when she's not nursing i have plenty of other things to keep me busy.

Speaking of which, I actually managed to sew 2 diaper covers today!!! they are so cute! So, today we started cloth diapering, I have an order coming in the mail with Kissaluvs and whisper covers. So hopefully by next week we will be well stocked. My mom and i had so much fun sewing diaper covers today, and now that the machine is out and we know what we are doing.... hopefully we will kick out some more in short order.

I also have a pattern for AIO's but haven't taken them on yet. they are quite a bit more involved. The covers are pretty simple. One thing at a time!

The in-laws are coming tomorrow for dinner and i have some housecleaning to do before they get here. I'm gonna try not to take on too much though, they can just deal with my house as it is!

Well. as always, Mielle is starting to fuss downstairs in papa's arms. it's time to feed her, again.

Joy to all, happy labor vibes to all of you eagerly awaiting your little ones. My only labor advice... dive deep and bring your child back to the light. Go mamas go!

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#153 of 159 Old 09-10-2004, 11:59 PM

Wow Anna, I impressed!!! I wish I could sew little things like diapers and covers, but I get frustrated by them. Put some pics up when you get a chance!

I've joined the ranks of those with potato feet. Mine are so swollen! I'm so bad that I lied and told dh that my mw said that I should really have him rub my feet till the swelling goes down to "prevent further complications" :LOL
#154 of 159 Old 09-11-2004, 12:23 AM

Ah, yes, the potato feet... You'll be happy to know it was only a week until I could see my skinny ankles and foot bones again. In fact they look slimmer than before; I think it's because my toes and ball of my feet have spread out a bit.

Anna, I can't believe you did your cast in labor! It took us FOREVER to get the cast done, and my butt was really hurting by the end. I hope you didn't do hands; that really packs on extra time. But I'm with you, my original plan was to call a friend over to quickly do the cast if I had gone into labor beforehand... SO GLAD we didn't have to do it that way! Poor puking girl. What bravery! What martyrdom!

Oh, and I'm quite impressed at you and Mom sewing diaper covers! I'm getting green with envy. My mom came and went, and we never got to play with the sewing machine. Waaah. (But she cleaned my house, did my laundry and dishes, changed and watched the babies, on and on...) Anyway, if you want to practice a cover or AIO pattern, I'll be happy to be your guinea pig! And I guess I should find out where you found your patterns so I can try to make my own eventually, too...

Weekend baby vibes to you gals who are so darn close!

Journaling? What's that? I've taken to copying parts of my MDC posts and pasting them into a Word document in case I never get around to really journaling...
#155 of 159 Old 09-11-2004, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrog
Ah, yes, the potato feet...

We need a smilie that has potato feet for us to use in late pregnancy. A good day for me is if I can see veins in the tops of mine. :LOL

My hubby took me to dinner and a movie tonight - "Cellular" it was pretty good! Tomorrow afternoon we are going to a rib festival if I'm not having a baby - yum!
#156 of 159 Old 09-11-2004, 10:15 AM

nak

where's jen? no 4am post!
#157 of 159 Old 09-11-2004, 11:24 AM

Yea, where is Jen? No 4am post or new thread??? OH I SO HOPE SHE IS IN LABOR!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up to COPIOUS and I mean COPIOUS almost hand fulls of cervical mucus this morning. Then on my latest bathroom trip, it turned pink. I think I might be losing my plug. Of course the pink makes me a little nervous with the previa, but I really think we are way ok on that since Spud has been so low the last week with no spotting whatsoever. So maybe I am making some progress....we'll see. Our third anniversary is the 15th and I really don't want to share that....I know I'm pathetic!
#158 of 159 Old 09-11-2004, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

It's Saturday! New thread! Here's the link to the new thread!

I was NOT UP AT 4 AM, can you believe it? I had a strangely good night's sleep, woke only once at 6 to go to the bathroom, came back, lay down, had a contraction, fell back asleep and woke up at 8 having fairly regular and consistent, if not earth-shattering, contractions. Doula has been alerted and we are going to walk up the street and have breakfast

later!

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#159 of 159 Old 09-11-2004, 09:08 PM

Maybe I should try going to the new thread!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page