More babies this week? Chat thread 9/11 - 9/17 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-13-2004, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lucy Pamela was born at 10:50 last night!!!! She is exactly 8 lbs and 21 inches, so she seems tiny to me! I am so glad I am done with labor! It didn't really get serious until about 5:00 last night. My mw got there about 8:00 and I was 4-5. When she checked me at about 10:30 I was a stretchy 9. (If I been less then 6 I would have lost it.) At about 10:40 I started crying and screaming that I couldn't do it, I puked and then I started pushing. What a difference it makes to push with your own fingers feeling YOU move that baby down! 5 pushes and she was out. Born in the water and totally calm and alert for an hour afterwards. We woke Jack up in time to see her born and he is absolutely ecstatic!! He is absolutely crazy about her and can't stop loving and kissing on her - even happily sharing nursies!

I'll write my whole story later.

Congratulations Kara! I can't wait to hear from Jen, Christi and Lazuli!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2004, 11:07 AM

Yay Sarah!!! Welcome Lucy!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Old 09-13-2004, 11:12 AM

Congratulations Sarah! And welcome Lucy! I am SO SO happy for you that you got the birth that you wanted! Now you can put her in your little "born at home" romper just like you wanted!!! I cant wait to read the full birth story. Sounds like it will be fabulous...
Old 09-13-2004, 11:42 AM

Congrats Sarah! Can't wait to hear more about Lucy! Sounds like Jack is already a great big brother!

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

Old 09-13-2004, 12:20 PM

Welcome baby Lucy!!!!

I, of course, am partial to the name Lucy!

Jen hasn't made her morning appearance yet......hmmmmmmmm!

Good birth Goddesses, please let this be the day!
Old 09-13-2004, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Congratulations Sarah and welcome baby Lucy!

and Congratulations Kara and welcome baby Trey!
Old 09-13-2004, 12:59 PM

Congratulations new mamas! Welcome babies. I'm so happy for you!!! : :

Happy, safe birthing vibes to all of you lucky women in labour!!! I'm so excited to hear more babies are on the way!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 01:31 PM

Woohoo! : : and welcome to the world little Lucy!!

Old 09-13-2004, 01:32 PM

Hmmm no Jen and it's 10:30am... I'm thinking she's at the birthing center...

Old 09-13-2004, 01:35 PM

Old 09-13-2004, 01:44 PM

ok, so i need a little practice w/ one-handed typing...

Yeah!!!! CONGRATS to Kara and Sistermama Sarah! Both sound like wonderful birth experiences! Can't wait to hear more. My story still needs head processing, then typing.

I'm so excited for Jen and Lazuli! Sounds like they both had good starts!

Anybody out there want to share a moan about sore nipples? Oscar is eating every half hour approx. He is eating so often that I did not notice that my milk had come in! I'm not complaining about that one.

Happy birthing and mothering to you all,

Steph
Old 09-13-2004, 02:02 PM

Mine still hurt too. I really have to watch how Arowen is latched on. She needs encouragement to get her little mouth open wide enough.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:07 PM

Welcome to the world babies David, Oscar, Trey and Lucy!!!!

And here's hoping that Sprout and Vaysh are on their way out as I type this!

Oh and Christi, can't wait to hear from you too!

What an exciting day!

I think we'll eventually need to move our chat to Life With A Babe since more and more of us are no longer pregnant! So whenever we make the split, just link us up here, I want to be in on all chatting.

My little Nessa has some pretty persistant gas and red rash on her bum. I'm working on figuring out the cause and thinking possibly the orange juice I had for several days. If I don't see improvement today, I may need to do the full on elimination, I feel so bad when she cries to get the gas out.

We called Nessa nugget in utero, now that she's here, she's sweetpea, peanut or a whole array of nicknames. Don't know why the food names come up, they just seem to fit.

So looking forward to some birth news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

Old 09-13-2004, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

No baby yet, sorry folks. Managed to get 4 hours sleep 2:30 - 6:30 (with ctx while sleeping, more like exhausted hallucinating), woke up, called birth center to see if the midwife on call wanted me to go to mw appt this morning at 9. She said good idea. Went, had NST, baby all happy, had 3 or 4 ctx for the record, mw checked, cervix 80% effaced and very anterior, dilated to 1 though so she said we could go home if we thought we'd be more comfy there. Had a massage at 11 (YUM), CMT is also a homeopath, she suggested pulsatilla so Jo went and got me some.

Ctx still coming regularly although a bit slower right now (seem to pick up at night), my mom thinks I'm going to have another one of ME, since I was born after 5 days of contractions early on a Tuesday morning.

I am off to try to nap. Sarah, congrats, I'm glad that baby came between hurricanes!!

xo, j.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Old 09-13-2004, 05:28 PM

I don't think anyone has to leave until after the month is over. Some of the other board have posts for at least a couple of weeks into the next month. I say we all stay together, less likely to lose people that way.

Come on Sprout! Come out and play.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:42 PM

Welcome, sweet new babies!!! Congrats Mommies!!! How exciting... And a nice waterbirth for Sarah, that is great.

Now I wonder who will be the VERY LAST September mommy to deliver? haha...

The pictures of Naomi are just precious. I was just wondering if she had been frank breech when I saw the description under one of the pictures... I figured it was either that, or Daddy was going to have a time of it when she starts dating, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Nice belly cast, Lynsey!

Can't wait to hear from more of you! And I agree, let's stick around on here for awhile. They don't yet need room on the forum for a Sept. 05 thread anyway...
Old 09-13-2004, 09:04 PM

Congrats to the new moms and babies! Am I the last Heather left to deliver? I think there's one more who's still pregnant...

I am sooo going to be the last person to deliver in this group. I'm getting a big October vibe these days. So far, this seems to bother everyone else but me. I'm sure that will change..

I thought I was getting BHs in the middle of the night, but if I was they went away, so who knows.

The cats become more and more cuddly with each passing day. I must be getting warmer..

Oh, and today was our first *decent* temperature day! Ocean breezes for the first time in two weeks, thank goodness.

The colder the weather, the more energy I have.. I feel if this was a January baby I'd be doing jumping jacks or something..heh..

I want the new moms to stay here longer. Don't leave the forum just yet! I learn so much reading your posts, I don't feel left out at all. I feel lucky to know all of you.

See, I'm trapped in a very anti-HB, anti-AP environment. My sil, whose first baby is due 9-28 (yeah, wacky coincidence, that), is waaay into the hospital and pitocin and stuff. Her doctor wants her to show up at the hospital when her contrax are 10 minutes apart, and she thinks after that the baby will come in a few hours?! because of the "great invention" that is pitocin. Her words.

Anyway, I look forward to reading the birth stories, and keeping updated on everyone's pregnancy and labor.

Jen and Lazuli, sending you waves and waves of labor vibes..
Old 09-13-2004, 10:21 PM

I don't post here very often, but I enjoy reading along and hearing of all the babies being born! I hope mine comes sooner rather than later.

I do post on another board and I saw that Robertsgirl, a.k.a. Christi had her baby. A post from there:
Quote:
Joshua Robert weighed in at 9lbs 7oz and is 20 inches long. Christi ... sounds exhausted but happy.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:46 PM

Congratulations mamas!!!! Welcome Joshua, Lucy, Trey, David and Oscar!!!! ( I hope I got them all)

Hope to hear from Lazuli and Jen soon! Blissful birthing to both of you!
Old 09-13-2004, 10:54 PM

There the first one to break the 8 pound cap we seemed to have on birth weights. :LOL

Welcome to the world Joshua!
Old 09-13-2004, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by interbang

. My sil, whose first baby is due 9-28 (yeah, wacky coincidence, that), is waaay into the hospital and pitocin and stuff. Her doctor wants her to show up at the hospital when her contrax are 10 minutes apart, and she thinks after that the baby will come in a few hours?! because of the "great invention" that is pitocin. Her words.

Oooooh....tell her that stuff is VILE!! I had it with this last birth, because my labor completly stopped after my water broke. It was terrible, awful stuff. Made me think I will NEVER do another natural childbirth....EVER!!!

Caroline
Old 09-13-2004, 11:19 PM

I'm in labor! Things are moving along pretty fast. We're filling the pool and midwives are on their way.

Welcome to all the recent new babes and congrats to mamas and families.

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
Old 09-13-2004, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

I think baby has changed its mind. Going to stay in.

Took a round of pulsatilla on advice of homeopath.

Got a 2-hour nap which I think had some effect on the contractions because it was serious SLEEP. Woke up and they were 10-15 mins apart. Took a walk to try to get stuff moving but it's hot, sticky and about to storm, so it was kind of uncomfortable.

Congrats Christi!

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Old 09-13-2004, 11:28 PM

All you birthing mamas are so awesome!!! I can't even keep up! I stayed away from the computer one day and low and behold 3 pages of posts to catch up on....

We had an exhausting but fun day today. We went to the chiropractor and got us all adjusted (Mielle too) and then went to the College today with Jerome. I couldn't get 5 feet in any direction without new admirers flocking around us. It became overwhelming at times. i had to hide in a bathroom in order to get her fed and changed! At lunch time we ate in the main Cafe area and I breastfed in public... that was interesting. No one freaked out, but we were surrounded by clooege students and faculty coming and going...... got some interesting looks!

well my breasts are absolutely dripping all the sudden, my daughter must be hungry, gotta go.

love to all and joyous births be yours!

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
Old 09-13-2004, 11:29 PM

Steph,

Well, I havent actually had my baby yet, but am still nursing my toddler and my nipples are cracked and sore. So I can relate, I guess...

Savannah,

Right now I feel like I will be the last one to give birth. I shouldnt feel this way as I am not even 39 weeks pregnant yet. But I am having no signs that something might be happening. I have these lame BH quite often but I think its just cause I have to pee every 5 minutes. I am actually starting to get depressed because Im not uncomfortable...

3boobykins,

How exciting! I will be thinking about you and wishing you easy birthing vibes!
Old 09-13-2004, 11:32 PM

Congrats Christi!

More babies on the way! Yay!

Jen, sorry that your little one is taking his/her sweet time. It will be worth the wait once s/he is in your arms, I promise.

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

Old 09-13-2004, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls
I think baby has changed its mind. Going to stay in.
2 Sounds to me like the baby's coming! My ctx did the same thing when I would sleep, which I ended up kind of appreciating so I could get some rest! Glad you got some, too! Even just lying down and completely relaxing (body AND mind!) will help alot. It may take awhile, but it sounds like "the real thing" to me! My mw assured me that it's much more normal than we might think to have a slowly starting labor. Take care of yourself, and before you know it, there won't be any question that baby is coming OUT! You can do it! 2

Congrats to all the new mommies I haven't congratulated individually! Yay, babies!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 09-13-2004, 11:39 PM

Chrissy,

I dont have a carrot cake recipe, but that sounds really yummy. I am not original at all, I will be making a vanilla cake with chocolate icing and sprinkles - Rileys favorite kind.

About your maternity clothes - I am having the same problem. I have taken to wearing regular sized t-shirts (that are now skin tight on me) because my maternity shirts dont even cover my whole belly anymore! People probably wonder why I go out dressed like I do, but I cant buy anything new at this point.

Samantha,

I dont have a place to put my belly cast either. Its still in the laundry basket now and will probably get moved to my bedroom dresser sometime within the week. I couldnt have gotten out of doing one though because my DH is totally into making them for some reason.

Pam,

I sympathize with your last post. 2 I actually started a new thread about this earlier.

Kara,

Congratulations on your new baby boy!!! It sounds like a great birth! I cant wait to read more about it.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:17 AM

Welcome, Joshua!
Big boy!

Speaking of big boys, here's a shot of Finn napping today:

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBt3LRuxbMPC

He'll be three weeks old tomorrow!
Old 09-14-2004, 10:57 AM

Danielle, that baby looks huge!! How big is he now? Did he turn to his side himslef or is that how you layed him? Jack is wanting to turn to his side as well...

Well...where are the new mamas?? Someone had to have a baby last night!!

I can't believe Jackson was three weeks yesterday. He looks like he is getting so big (not as big as Finn!!) but he was 7 pounds 12 ounces as of Friday.

I found a naturopathic physician in my town yesterday. I am thrilled, he is a family dr as well, so my insurance covers the visits!!! YEAH!! I am so tired of explaining my position on vax'ing to people. Then yesterday, at the bus stop, some moms who use the same dr for their kids were all cheering becasue the flu shots came in and they are starting to take appts for them. Ugh, let's celebrate And these two pregnant moms are getting the flu shot, without even looking into it.....

Okay, I want to hear about more babies...

Caroline

User Tag List