More babies this week? Chat thread 9/11 - 9/17 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Jen! 2 That Sprout is coming, and damn soon, I might add, hang in there, girl! All this prep work should help your body go faster once you turn the corner into laborland.

Congrats Christi! Welcome little Joshua!

Where's Lazuli? Can't wait to hear the news!

Steph, I was thinking the other day that you'll have to change your user name. Yay! Oscar is so cute!

Gotta go change a diapy....

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 11:57 AM

Hey ladies!

So after last night's activities online.... mamas in labor.... both my mom and Jerome practically begged me to go check if anyone had given birth yet!! Pretty funny, I've got my mom hooked on news from the birth front! Jerome has been vicariously experieincing the online group for months.

So, where are the mamas? Where are the babies?? How is everyone today??? Anxiously awaiting news....

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#93 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 12:05 PM

Kallisti Vaysh was born yesterday at 11:57 a.m. on the futon in our living room and she weighs 9 lbs and we think she's 21" long. Today i feel like a truck hit me. I wasn't up to posting yesterday and we don't have any pictures yet. I hemmoraged (sp?) a bit, had to get two pitocin shots and then two iv bags with more of the stuff in it plus two tablets of something that starts with an m, but everything is fine now and I didn't have to go to the hospital or anything, though I did pass out when they tried to stand me up the first time. We're having some slight nursing issues, my nipples aren't being very cooperative. I'll have to catch up on the thread later, I need to get some breakfast in me.
#94 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 12:12 PM

Congratulations Lazuli!!!! Welcome Kallisti!!!!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#95 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 12:47 PM

Oh Lauzuli...I knew it was coming!! Congrats!!!!

Now..where is Jen??

Caroline
#96 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 01:05 PM

Yay Lazuli! Well done!

I, too, was thinking about Jen last night, sending labor vibes.

<still sending them>

Things here are really cooling down temperature-wise. I'm going to leave the house both today and tomorrow! I'm so excited!

My walking is becoming painful in the pelvic area, but I'm still trying to fight the good fight.

Gotta run - I want to make DH some healthy snacks for work. He's doing better with the diet, which for now is basically a no-sugar, otherwise eat healthy program. Before all of this blood pressure stuff, he was a 5-6 candy bars a day kind of guy.

Best of luck to everyone...
#97 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 01:14 PM

Congrats Lazuli!

I need to vent, just a warning. I had another round of contractions last night, lasting from midnight until 4 a.m., so very little sleep for me last night. This is the second or third time this has happend in the last month or so. The contrx were regular, every 8 minutes, and pretty pronnounced. I tried staying in bed and resting, but I finally got up and had some cereal, which put them to a halt and let me go back to sleep, so no baby for me today. DH was really great. He got up this morning with ds and let me sleep in until 10 this morning, which was sooo needed!

My complaints are mainly against my family. My mom called this morning, just as I predicted that she would. Dh shielded the phone call for me, and OMG did she give him the third-degree: Has she dropped? Is she bigger? How low is she carrying? Did she got to the "doctor" today, and what did "he" say? Has she considered inducing? Ummmm, inducing?! I still have another week until my ESTIMATED due date, and why in the world would I be induce!? Grrrr! Between that comment and her refusal to accept that I see a group of midwives, all female, not a MALE DOCTOR and that I'm going to a birth center and not a hospital to deliver, she's driving me insane! And that's just the tip of the iceberg with her. The only thing that she's supportive about is our decision to cloth diaper this baby (and she thinks that it should be with Gerber diapers and plastic pants that you get the local department store).

Taking a deep breath. At least she's 800 miles away this time around. And believe it or not, my dad does a more than his fair share of shielding some of her opinions and such. He may not agree with the choices that we make, but he respects them and reminds my mom to try to do the same.

Thanks for letting me get that out of my system! Feeling a little bit better now. Well, I must get on with my day and try to get some work done.

A wise old woman told me over the weekend that fruit falls from the tree when it's ripe, and this is going to be my motto until the baby decides that HE'S ready (for crying out loud, I'm only 39 weeks!).

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#98 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 02:17 PM

Congratulations Lazuli! Kallisti is a beautiful name...

Heather (interbang), arent you and your dh doing something tonight to celebrate the new moon or am I thinking of someone else?
#99 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 02:54 PM

It's a girl! Bhavani Dharma was born at home in the water at 7:43 last night, after my easiest labor ever--5 hours total, 4 minutes of pushing, all very quiet and peaceful. She was about 2 weeks early and 6 pounds even, 19 inches, another petite Sept. babe. The water helped SO much this time. I'll write up the birth story soon and post pictures.

Meanwhile, congrats to Lazuli, Kara, and Christi (did I miss anyone?)and sending labor vibes to Jen--maybe she's already holding her little Sprout--hope so!

Chrissy, I have the best carrot cake recipe ever! I found it online. I'll try to post it soon. I found it at www.allrecipes.com "Awesome carrot cake with cream cheese frosting"--totally moist and yummy!

Looks like this new moon is bringing some babies!

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
#100 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 03:48 PM

: Congrats to all the new Moms...I'm still jealous!

I love carrot cake! Here is my favorite recipe I just had to share. I get lots of compliments every time I make it!

http://www.bobsredmill.com/recipe/detail.php?rid=931

I'll put it on the recipes thread also.
#101 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 05:54 PM

Yep, we were going to do a new moon ritual tonight, but I've decided to postpone it for a few days. As long as the moon is waxing, the ritual will work fine. This ritual will focus on emotional preparation for labor, both for ourselves and the kid. I definitely want us to talk to the kid about how we're going to treat him or her, how much we love him/her, etc.

We'll also invoke the Goddess to bless the journey we three will be taking in labor and delivery.

Finally, we'll describe the kind of labor we want and the intent behind it, raise energy to manifest our will, and poof! (heh), all will go well.

I'll be writing the ritual in the next few days. If anyone would like me to post it, just say the word. The last ritual we did was great - definition and dedication of labor roles and tools. This next one will be much more intense and involved, since it will be our last one before the baby is born.

I was thinking about Jen all through lunch - c'mon Sprout!
#102 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 06:05 PM

Well I feel like I've been lurking long enough. I'm totally addicted to these baby-to-be stories too -so much so that it takes away the stress that I'm 4 days away from my due date!! I hope all goes well for everyone -the babies will come. Like Pam, I'm burned out on the people saying "You haven't had that baby yet!" C'mon!! I have 4 days until the due date and 9 days until the ultrasound date -and then a few weeks potentially after that. I just want him before October and I'm so glad the heat wave here is over. I think I need to figure out how to get more sleep though because my kids can do no right today I tried eating LOTS of cookies, but it didn't help. We'll try going to the park this afternoon. Good luck to everyone!!
#103 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

I had a wonderful night's sleep. Woke up twice, had a few ctx, went to bathroom, went back to bed. Woke up around 9 and wouldn't have known that I was pregnant. No baby kicking, no ctx.

Felt like I had been beaten. If someone had warned me that shiatsu massage would have left me feeling like a mugging victim the next day, I don't know if I would have done it.

At my 4 AM wake-up I went to get some cereal, caught sight of my insanely pregnant self in the reflection of the window and started to bawl. This huge belly is no longer looking very attractive to me.

Our doula came over around 10 or so simply because I figured that she would have something supportive and sensible to say. So I ended up crying and whining to both her and Jo. I think I may have taken too much of the pulsatilla because I was displaying nearly every emotional symptom that it is given for, which seemed an indication that I may have proved the remedy. Beth (doula) went upstairs and drew me a bath with lavender bath salts and I lay in it for around 1/2 hour. Felt better afterwards. Did some lunges and squats. Had about 1 contraction in 4 hours and it did not require me paying any attention to it.

Used the breast pump for nipple stim for 1/2 hour with 3 ctx but they didn't stay around afterwards.

Talked to the midwife who told me about why she had consulted with an OB about my amount of amniotic fluid (I guess I measured on the "high normal" scale with 24 cm, 25 being the upper outside number), but really I'm not at any risk for polyhydramnios, a new word I learned today, and the OB she consulted with said that if I were her patient, she'd let me go considering that the baby is healthy and happy.

So it is a possibility that if I still haven't had Sprout by Thursday that they may let me go the weekend if my next non-stress test and AFI turn out well.

Sprout is lower today and we're trying to convince her/him to poke a nice hole in the amniotic membrane. The contractions may have stopped simply because it's more difficult for the uterus to contract around so much fluid. But supposedly this start/stop thing is very normal.

And I had a nice talk with the midwife about cats. On her day off. She called twice.

That's the saga.

Congrats Lazuli and Heather and welcome Kallisti and Bhavani!

xo, jen.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#104 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 06:49 PM

Hopefully, no one will laugh....

Ok, so I have the usual feet poking at the very top of my uterus around my ribs, and then I get the hand or elbow pokes on the far left side below my belly button, and the butt pokes up high on my right side. All of these can be felt and seen externally, as well. However, in the last few days I have been having EXTERNALLY-felt pokes in the center WAY DOWN LOW (where my pubic hair is) just above the pubic bone. Does that mean it's his head?
: I was already told he's head-down, but it's so weird it's like he's going to fall out or something!
#105 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 06:52 PM

I have the same low pokes Stacy. My babe is posterior so in my case what I am feeling is hands by the head.
#106 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 07:41 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes - we are doing great!

Lynsey - it really touched me that you remembered about my born at home romper! My friend has it for safekeeping and is bringing it over this weekend. I can't wait to put it on Lucy.

Welcome Bhavani and Kallisti! Lazuli - I lost a lot of blood with Jack. I know how you're feeling! 2 Keep up the iron, it will make a difference.

My milk came in this afternoon. Not engorged, maybe the toddler is helping with that?? Took Lucy to the dr today. She was perfect, as we all knew. Jack is being super sweet and is still crazy about her. Dh is acting like he's the one who had a baby, "I'm so tired, blah, blah" Baby crying, better go nurse. I'll check in later.
#107 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 07:43 PM

Congratulations Heather and Lazuli, welcome babies!!! It's nice you joined your Mommies on the outside! : :
#108 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 08:02 PM

Welcome to Kallisti and Bhavani!

What's the boy/girl ratio so far?
Has anyone kept track?

Caroline-
Finn is over 8 pounds now, and I can't believe it! He was only 6/10 at birth three weeks ago. He's a voracious eater (no wonder my nipples were almost chewed off!) and he also has a very strong need to suck it seems.
He's almost grown out of many of his newborn dipes already, so soon they'll be going to the trading post or eBay.
#109 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 08:04 PM

Finally, more babies!!! Welcome Joshua, Kallisti and Bhavani!!! Congratulations, Mommies!

Danielle, that Finn is a cute little chunk, isn't he? My William is getting to be a little fatty now too. The twins also turned 3 weeks old today. Here's a picture, though you can't really appreciate William's cute chubby neck, cheeks and thighs in this picture... http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAM2TRszcsWzDSA

Nice to hear from SiValleySteph and Almama again! Happy laboring to those of you still in waiting.

Hurry up and have that baby, Jen, I'm holding your exchange package until I see the gender, haha!
#110 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wow! Congratulations Lazuli and Heather!

: Kallisti and Bhavani :
#111 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 09:05 PM

Yeah!! Two more babies!!!

Welcome Kallisti and Bhavani!!

Don't worry Jen... soon soon. 2 At least you are having contrx... I haven't had a ONE yet.

Wow are the little ones getting big already!! Both Tori and Jack gained 1+ pound each within the first 2 weeks. And neither were "little" at 7.14 and 8.4 respectively.

The other night Radish decided that he was tired of facing my left side and decided to ROLL over. I was sitting at the computer and he started squirming around, so I was looking at him. I watched that Butt move from the right side of my belly... across the middle and settle on the left side. Then he poked and prodded my right side for about 5 minutes... guess he was getting comfortable. He moved back sometime during the night. :LOL Woke up to that big ole Butt sticking out on the right side again. Guess it wasn't that comfortable that way.

David was so sweet and let me sleep in this morning. (He got home yesterday late afternoon). Of course the only way I could fall back asleep was to put a pillow over my head. For some reason when he gets up with the kids... there is a lot of yelling and screaming in the house... yeah Honey that helps others sleep.

Got a baby book today. And got a couple of things I needed for my hospital bag... still have a list of stuff to do before Radish is here. But at least with David here I can get more done. :LOL :LOL Yeah... sure... more done... :LOL oh I crack myself up. :LOL
#112 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrog
Hurry up and have that baby, Jen, I'm holding your exchange package until I see the gender, haha!
You're darn lucky I read this while in a good humor, Savannah, otherwise my post would be

DON'T THINK I'M NOT TRYIN' MY D***DEST!

But I think things are going on. Keep cheering.

xo, j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#113 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 09:54 PM

Jen: :
#114 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 10:07 PM

Samantha - glad David is home!

What a cute pic Savannah. I can't believe they are 3 weeks already.

Here are some pics that my dad took of Lucy yesterday.
#115 of 207 Old 09-14-2004, 10:13 PM

Welcome little babies! I'm so happy to hear of your arrivals, be at peace.

It's really interesting reading about big akward pregnant bodies, nipple stimulation, contractions and 3 week old babies in the same page! We have all been in about the same "place" for so long it is really strange to have some of us as mamas with babies in arms and others still pregnant and anxious to give birth. I think of you all regularily and wish i had more time to keep up with what's happening!

Mielle is just over 2 weeks and I really have to figure out the shutterfly thing... I've got so many photos to share! We are still really struggling with breastfeeding. She has regained her birth weight, but I think her latch is actually getting worse. If the nipple sheild gets even a little of center it raises a welt and a bruise which makes nursing torture. I only pump 2 times in 24 hours even though I'm still quite engorged. I can get over 4 ounces out in less than 5 minutes... after nursing! I'm still dripping all over the place, have had to put rugs on the floor in places that i stand regularily (changing table) I keep a prefold tucked around the breast I'm not nursing with since I leak so much. My breasts feel hot and swollen all the time and even little Mielle seems to be engorged.. I've been watching for "witches milk", it's weird to see a baby with breasts!!! Poor little one, I sure hope it doesn't hurt her!

Jerome is insisting I come feed Mielle, i must go!

Love to all

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#116 of 207 Old 09-15-2004, 01:15 AM

Welcome Kallisti and Bhavani!!!!!

I love seeing all of the baby pics! So adorable! I can't wait to meet my little one. Only a couple more weeks (maybe), but it seems like a long time.
#117 of 207 Old 09-15-2004, 02:07 AM

Sarah-
Ooohh! Lucy is the cutest little chunk!
#118 of 207 Old 09-15-2004, 02:08 AM

Anna-
My boobs hurt just thinking about you.
Hang in there, sister!
I should listen to my own advice, LOL!
#119 of 207 Old 09-15-2004, 09:55 AM

Anna, I'm totally sympathetic. i'm alternating between hot and cold packs, baths, wash clothes, etc--and i'm not even that engorged. But I used to be a aaa cup person who can jog without bra and now I'm spilling out of a large Bravado. LOL!

Jen, hang in there! I'm so glad you continue to have good healthy baby indicators.

I got about 5 or 6 hours of sleep last night!!! We finally learned to nurse lying down and decided to just sleep rather than worrying about putting Oz back in his cosleeper. We went from a 13 min stretch between feedings to a 1.5 hour stretch. I hope this doesn't mean the cosleeper will turn into a bedside table only

Ok all, I'm going to look at your new photos and then off to Oz's sponge bath.

steph
#120 of 207 Old 09-15-2004, 10:16 AM

Heather, Congratulations on your wonderful birth!! I love her name.

All you mamas are picking such gorgeous names.

Okay, on the who is going to go last front, I really think it will be me. My "due date" isn't until 9/28. I'm having lots of b/h and even a crampy contraction here and there but that's it. My mom went to 42 weeks with both me and my sister. Noah was born 2 days after his due date but only because I was induced (and it took 2 LOOOOOOOOOOONG days for the induction to work). So that's that. I'm sure it will be October before I have a new baby.

Mamas with experience, I NEED help! What is up with my little boy? I am trying so hard to enjoy these last few weeks with just the two of us but he is making it so hard. Yesterday he refused to nap and threw tantrum after tantrum. This morning he is already miserable and crabby and it is only 9:15. ARGH!

Jen, I am thinking of you lots and know your healthy baby will be in your arms so soon!

Thanks to all for the beautiful baby pictures to remind me what this huge super-uncomfortable body of mine is doing.

Screaming little boy, gotta run,

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page