More babies this week? Chat thread 9/11 - 9/17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many more babies this week? And who will be having them? Who will become the next expert at nursing at the keyboard?

Waiting for a report from HeatherJ who was induced yesterday!

Bye bye Christi's plug!

Will the consistent contractions Jen's having finally produce a kid or are they all just a ruse?

Will Lazuli have that babe while hubby's still in town, and will her parents and in-laws finally shut up about her housecleaning prowess??

Wait and see!! Every day a cliffhanger.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 01:02 PM

Stacy-
We went and saw "Cellular" last night, too. A fun suspense movie! I loved the lawyer- he was hilarious!

It was nice going out sans kids last night.....it had been a looonnnggg time. I think the last "grownup" movie I saw in a theater was "Blow", and that was ages ago.

I'm thinking about going back to work in two weeks instead of 4 weeks from now. Money is tight! Plus, I feel pretty good physically, so i think I'm ready. Maybe I'll start with just Friday and Sunday nights for now.

Hopefully this weekend will bring us more babies!
#3 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 02:44 PM

HOw can you go back to waitressing?? Isn't that a bit too strenuous? Be careful, don't overdo it!! Will you be giving Finn a bottle then? I am curious how that will work. I "work" with a company that does at home demonstratiosn, and I haven't done a show since March. I was planning on starting up again in October, but I am not sure how to bottle feed (isn't that weird to hear..most people say they can't breastfeed!!). Let me know how you do it and if takes it and all that...

Jen...sounds good!! Maybe you will have that Sept 11th baby after all....KEEP US POSTED!!

We are doing well, Jackson gained 7 ounces in one week!!!!! I would post more pics, but my stupid digital camera broke. The kids area ll adjusting to having another baby around, and I am keeping it together surprisingly well!! My house is a mess, but that is okay! And that cooking thing is driving me nuts! It seems that Jackson KNOWS when I am trying to cook, and that is when he HAS to be held. I even tried making dinner early and then keeping it warm, no, he just started screaming earlier!!

As for the dumb-@$$ inlaws...they came last week to see him. When Jackson ended up with a cold this week, they said "Oh, we had that last week and needed to be on anti-biotics!!!" I swear, they are un-fr---believable!! So now my less than three week old baby is having trouble sleeping because he is congested.

Well, have to go make lunch for the other kids....We are going to "Bike Night" tonight...DH is working it!!

Caroline
#4 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Squeezy contractions, but not the ones with low pains since about noonish. Still, the contractions have been coming regularly. So who knows - today, tomorrow...? Monday? Would be nice if it were Monday (or before) then I could miss my Monday appt!

Getting impatient,

j

#5 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 06:12 PM

Well, I'm learning! My in-laws are here visiting again today, but this time I insisted that Jerome had to be home before they arrived.... I held Mielle and fed her for the first 45 minutes or so (no baby mugging) and now I'm checking my e-mail while they cook dinner!

What's up with over-reactive papas????? We had a ridiculous scene here last night where Mielle was screaming a big blue fit... Papa was so concerned and tense that it was just silly. I just wasn't all that concerned about her yelling.... yes it was frustrating, but I didn't think something was WRONG with her because of it. I knew her diaper was clean, she had been fed fairly recently, if she didn't want to nurse, I couldn't force her.... Well Jerome was convinced she had a terrible tummy ache and that he needed to "fix it"! The tension and stress just kept mounting.
I finally got in the shower and told him to take off her diaper and bring her to me. Minutes passed. When he finally brought her to me, he was in tears, she was hysterical... it was insane. Of course the minute she got into the shower, she stopped crying, burped and proceeded to look up at me big eyed and happy.
We got out of the shower, i fed her and she went to sleep. Jerome came and layed next to me and cried... poor papa! He was feeling like a failure and a bad papa, it's so frustrating when someone else solves it. He's just so dang sensitive, it tears him up inside to hear her cry like that. He just wants to have the answers and fix the problems.
I must say I do have the advantage of mother natures hormones acting as a sedative!

Ah, the fun of motherhood!

I hope everyone is happy and healthy on this day, good luck and happy labor vibes to all the mamas playing the waiting game. Those babies are coming... be at peace.

Ah, the wailing drifts up to me from below..... must go snuggle the little one.

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#6 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls
Squeezy contractions, but not the ones with low pains since about noonish. Still, the contractions have been coming regularly. So who knows - today, tomorrow...? Monday? Would be nice if it were Monday (or before) then I could miss my Monday appt!

Getting impatient,

j

Well Jen, it really does have to happen sometime!! One of these are going to be "it". I would say before October, definatly .

Hang in there...

Lazuli, are you around....how are you??

Anna, I think that is why a lot of men are not "into" a new baby. They just can't fix the problem. Poor Jerome!!

Caroline
#7 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 07:16 PM

I'm around. I guess I'm okay today, really really tired though, all I want to do is sleep. It's been hard to fight the urge to sleep. Got some cleaning done and the checkbook balanced this morning and baked muffins.
#8 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 07:59 PM

Caroline-
I'm not sure if you read my post about how breastfeeding failed me again (or how I failed at it, which is more how I feel) and my wicked bout of mastitis 3 days postpartum which ended up with a trip to the hospital, but I am already bottle feeding. So it's not going to be an issue when I go back to work.
#9 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 08:51 PM

Well hello September and earlier mommies!

We have a little surprise sweet pea boy named Oscar William Adams Dill in our home right now. He came 5 days early, weighed 6 lbs 3 oz, and measured 19 inches. He is just perfectly wonderful!!!

I'll write up a full birth story later and will post a photo on the yahoo thread. (I can hear dh asking Oscar if he is getting a little grumpy) But I'll give you all one little clue as to why he is a "surprise": my water broke on Wednesday (all over our neighbor's white couch) and was loaded with meconium. So this whole birth experience was very interesting to say the least. He did come out the right "door" though, as the nurse put it.

Anyway, will write and catch up later. Jen, I see you are still here though! I'll give you some tea and tell you the whole bloody story if you come over for a visit. Monday would be great.

Happily being mommy to one super cute little Oscar,

Steph (need to change my log in name from badomama--means not yet a mom--to mimininamama or something less complicated!)
#10 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 08:54 PM

Just wanted to let you know that David Alexander arrived on 9/10 @ 1:42pm. They let us come home today after 24 hours. I will post more when David lets me have my arm back.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#11 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 09:35 PM

Hooray! Babies!
LOVE the name Oscar, Steph!
#12 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 09:36 PM

Yay!!! Two new babies. Welcome Oscar and David. Congrats mamas - can't wait to hear more!

Anna - have you got Sear's Baby Book? Has lots of "daddy special" things to do with babies - that most babies like and dads get to feel like they have their own thing.

Went to Sweet Tomatoes tonight and gorged myself on pumpkin muffins. I am so ready for fall (which is funny considering where I live - no fall here!) I've already got my house smelling so yummy with pumpkin and harvest candles.
#13 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 09:55 PM

Still patiently lurking on the edge of my seat to see Jen's babe arrive
Anna, I started crying when I read about Jerome. How sweet is that? I can see Steve reacting the same way, just beside himself if he couldn't stop the tears.
I wanted to let you all know that I've been thinking alot of you all today especially. Today was our due date, it's not been nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I've been reading your birth stories and crying (but good tears) The little squirt decided to give me a special treat on this hard day and I felt him (or her) move for the first time this afternoon I was out at the farmers market buying some flowers to bring to our memorial bench and I felt the movement, I didn't believe it at first and then it happened again. I burst into tears of joy in the middle of a very busy farmers market!
Lazuli, I"m hoping your sweet baby will arrive any day now--and good grief, don't worry about your house. When your little one goes off to his first sleep over at a friends, you'll be thinking about the day he was born, not whether your house was clean.
Anyway ladies, I'm exhausted but couldn't go to bed without checking in on you guys. Jen, I'm really hoping this is it for you but I'd be willing to put money on it that Caroline is right and your little one will be born before October
Congrats to all of you, it truley does my heart good to read of your precious babies.
#14 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Congratulations Heather and Steph! Welcome David
and Oscar!

Lost some mucus plug today. So maybe I'll see our babe in the next two weeks.
#15 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 11:29 PM

Shannon, you made me cry. I am so happy that you are expecting and things are going well....I was thinking about you the other day when I was holding Jackson. My due date for my miscarriage was a month after I found out I was pregnant this last time, and it was a help. I hope you are comforted by your soon to be baby.... 2

Congrats Heather and Steph....yeaj for the new babies!!!!

Lazuli, take it easy. Your time is coming really soon!!

Danielle, I did read that. Sorry I wasn't paying attention. That is what heppens I guess!! I am in a fog!

Caroline
#16 of 207 Old 09-11-2004, 11:58 PM

Congratulations Heather and Steph!!! Welcome David and Oscar!!!!

Jen, you're in my thoughts. Hope your little bundle comes soon!!!

Shannon, I'm glad to see you're doing well

mmmm, pumpkin. I love fall as well! I was sooo tempted to buy candy corn the other day. Good thing dh talked me out of it. I'm sure I don't need all of that sugar.

Today, dh and I went for a walk and it was much slower than usual. I don't know if they were bh contractions or if it's just that the baby is so low in there. It kept gripping enough to make me stop often.
#17 of 207 Old 09-12-2004, 01:10 AM

Yay! All these new babies! It's so exciting!! I can't believe it's already the 12th tomorrow...

So what are the contractions like that everyone is feeling?

With my first I was having fairly irregular contractions for a few days before I went into immediate active labor, granted BH didn't start until the last month, so now that I know more, I think that is what they were...
Now, this time, I have been getting fairly strong fairly regular at times, contractions for the last couple of days. They are BH ish like but way harder, and they are starting to hurt more. More in the lower front. and way more often. No show though, no other signs really, except some intense cervical pangs and sensations that make me stop dead in my tracks.

Would these be pre-labor conx or warming up BH? Or is that the same thing?
#18 of 207 Old 09-12-2004, 01:31 AM

Yay, Congratulations to Steph and Heather!!!
: to Oscar and David!!! :

I am eagerly awaiting the story of the births, especially how the neighbors handled the soiling of their WHITE COUCH. Wow.
#19 of 207 Old 09-12-2004, 01:32 AM

Congratulations Steph and Heather! Cant wait to read the birth stories and see pictures!

I had a great day today! One of my closest friends came over and helped my DH do a belly cast for me and I LOVE! the way it turned out. We only did my belly with both hands on it this time, since with Paityn we did from shoulders to thighs and I wanted something different. I think my fingers were hard for them to do but it is just gorgeous. When it is completely hardened I will take some pictures to share and put it on my bedroom dresser. I only wish we had taken some when it was being done, but oh well.

I also bought a little girl outfit for the baby, so I will have a cute boy and girl outfit ready for after the birth and I got Paityns BIG SISTER shirt done. I made one for both kids with iron on letters and they actually turned out really cute. I was afraid they would be too plain, but they look great. After the baby comes I am planning on putting the footprints on the shirts for them to keep.

When I was in town today every other person that I talked to said "you look like youve dropped" or "you dont look like youve dropped, you still have awhile before that baby comes". It was so fun. I love being pregnant now. I have 11 days until my due date and I am so at peace with everything right now. I am going to go (maybe) to my next appt. on the 20th and I wont have to worry about my midwife talking about scheduling a csection because my baby is feeling kindof on the big side or just because she decided not to be supportive of my having another vbac. Its so much nicer than it was last time.

Well I guess thats all for now!
#20 of 207 Old 09-12-2004, 01:36 AM

Oh Bellasmum,

I have braxton hicks sometimes, mostly when I have to go to the bathroom. They are uncomfortable then, but other than that, I dont even really notice them. They arent very "strong" or regular, even when Paityn is nursing, but Im trying to enjoy them when I do have them. Its nice to have contrax that dont hurt! I havent had any other signs that labor is imminent, but then again, I am only 38.5 weeks pregnant...
#21 of 207 Old 09-12-2004, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome David and Steph welcome Oscar!!! Holy crap I thought I was supposed to have mine before you!!! Maybe I had better go hit those stairs in Powderhorn after all...

We're still here. No 9/11 baby. Will have one by the end of the week whether it wants to come on its own or not. Crazy feeling!

Time for bed. Night night,

j.

#22 of 207 Old 09-12-2004, 03:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It is so hard to believe that I'm sitting here, nak, with my sweet little one- week old son!! I think the fact that it's slipped by so fast is the hardest - I want to enjoy this baby and this time, yet it's already been a week! He's already gained at least half a pound and just "opened up" so much in different ways. Ah, the bittersweet life of motherhood!

More pictures of Iain, etc.

Steph and HeatherJ, Congrats on your births! Welcome to Oscar and David! We definitely need to hear more of these stories. (Though I can't talk - I still haven't written Iain's story!)

Jen, sounds like you're getting close! Every ctx brings you that much closer! It's way hard to believe, but the little one really WILL come out!

To all those waiting - REST! My midwife kept telling me that I needed to rest while I could (even between ctx), and that I should NOT worry about stalling labor with sleep or even a hot bath if I needed it. She said I would not fail to go into labor because I didn't make it happen - when it happened, there wouldn't be any stopping it! And boy was she right. 48 hours after I called her to let her know I was in early labor with increasing ctx, I was finally in hard labor with undeniably close and intense ctxs that didn't need to be timed to prove they were real. The baby was born within just a few hours of that. It really will happen! Take the time now to take care of yourself. 2

Is there any interest in a specifically post-partum chat thread? For stuff like "how much is YOUR baby spitting up?" and "how smelly are baby's diapers?" :LOL Or is it best to leave those sorts of questions here? As chatty as this thread is I think questions might tend to get lost, but I defer to the majority.

Take care all mamas and babies, whether they be inside or out!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#23 of 207 Old 09-12-2004, 03:47 AM

Congratulations and welcome to David and Oscar!!! : : :

Nothing new happening here. My abs are sore (low left side) but no contrax. But I don't mind since David is still out of town until tomorrow night. My feet are HUGE... they look like my mom's feet. :LOL She has short fat feet... now I have fat feet. I should take a picture. :LOL

I have been so lazy the last couple of days... I've been keeping the house clean and cooking like crazy to take care of all the freezer food that I could try to save. But I haven't been doing some of the other things that I really should have done...

Like pack my hospital bag. Get the last couple of things for me for postpartum. Get a new nursing gown for the hospital stay (tradition).

Figure out what outfit Radish will wear home under the receiving jacket that my mom made. She made it from leftover material from her wedding dress. She brought both my brother and I home in it. Both Tori and Jack came home in it. I just need an 'outfit' to go underneath it. :LOL His new carseat is on the way, hopefully it will be here this week.

Finish the diaper and wipes sewing project that I started a week ago...

Post a Huge FS list of Gymbo clothes over on the Gymbo yahoo groups... need to get some more Paypal together.

Get a baby book for Radish. Oops forgot about that one. Guess I should do a little updating on Tori and Jack's too.

Ugh so many things to do...

Oh and Radish STILL doesn't have a name yet.

I have just finished off the last piece of pie. I had a Marie Calendar's Razzleberry (my absolutely favorite ) pie in the freezer when it died. Well I wasn't going to let that thing go to waste. So I baked it the other night... and I nearly ate the whole thing myself. Tori had a little bit but yep, mainly I ate it. And I 'wonder' why I've gained so much weight. :LOL I'm eating CONSTANTLY. It's almost like grazing. Every time I go through the kitchen, something seems to make its way into my mouth.
#24 of 207 Old 09-12-2004, 08:50 AM

Contractions since about 5:00 am - not a tinge of back pain with them - Yay!!! I don't want another back labor. Leaking what I think is amniotic fluid. Is Sarah in labor??? Stay tuned to find out. Haven't told anyone around here, and am going out to eat breakfast. I'll be back around 10:00, or maybe sooner!
#25 of 207 Old 09-12-2004, 08:51 AM

I almost started a babies thread last week, but didn't want to make those still waiting on their new arrivals feel bad or anything!

Reid is keeping me very busy, and I'm not good at nak, so thus my quietude recently, although I've been reading along.

There's more pictures:
http://www.foosf.com/announcement.jpg
http://www.foosf.com/reidduo.jpg
http://www.foosf.com/reideyesopen.jpg
#26 of 207 Old 09-12-2004, 09:45 AM

Heather,

I looked at Iains new pictures. What a handsome little man! And your midwife sounds like SUCH a sweetie, so supportive..... lucky, lucky you.

Cant answer you about the postpartum chat thread - Im not even due for another week and a half!

Mum2Tori,

Dont feel bad about not having a name! If my little radish turns out to be a girl she will be nameless as well for awhile. But Im sure I will be able to come up with something sooner or later!

Also, my mom bought the baby book for this baby because it was a little more expensive, but when I finally got it, it motivated me to work on Riley and Paityns. I think I hadnt done a thing in Rileys in at least 3 years and I felt very ackomplished when I got it up-to-date.

Sarah!

Thats exciting! Keep us updated as much as possible. Ill be looking forward to hearing from you later.

Chrissy,

How are you doing? Havent seen a post from you in a few days (I dont think - have been having a hard time keeping up again!).
#27 of 207 Old 09-12-2004, 11:52 AM

: Welcome new babies!!! Congratulations new mamas!!!

2 to those still waiting.
#28 of 207 Old 09-12-2004, 12:34 PM

Lynsey- my mom has been asking constantly... "so does he have a name yet??" Ugh! But then she was convinced I'd give birth on the 8th because that's when SHE wanted him born. It just gets old when its one of the first things she asks. If Radish was a girl, we've got a name! Only... there is NO way he's a girl. :LOL :LOL And I hear you on the baby book front, when Jack was born, I suddenly updated Tori's book. :LOL It's been at least 6+ months since I've updated either of their books.

Reid is adorable and so is Iain!! Love seeing those little ones!

I'm so tired. I just couldn't stay asleep last night. And Tori woke up BRIGHT and EARLY this morning. (yawn, yawn) Maybe I'll get a nap today...
#29 of 207 Old 09-12-2004, 12:42 PM

Congratulations on the new babies!

We just got home from breakfast. I had the yummiest banana crepes. Rolling over or getting up or even shifting position in bed last night was complete agony, I woke my husband up and ended up in tears. Pubis pain from what I can tell. Once I'm up or settled in a new position the pain goes away. Don't know if it means anything or not, but I ended up getting up before I really wanted to. *sigh* I'm so tired of all these random pains.
#30 of 207 Old 09-12-2004, 12:54 PM

I hear you on the pelvic pain. Last night I got "stuck" on my back for about 10 minutes before I could finally get rolled over. Felt like my pelvis was coming apart. It really sucked because David wasn't there to help me roll over. I'm not having any contrax just LOTS of pelvic pain. It only hurts when I move , when I'm still it's fine so I know it isn't contrax (B-H or otherwise).

I've hit that catch-22... sitting on the birthing ball feels good on the pelvis but my feet SWELL even more. So laying on the couch with my feet up is fine for my feet... until I try to get up and it feels like I'm coming apart again and can't walk worth a flip for about 5 minutes until everything eases again.

I want David home NOW!!! Hopefully he'll be home in about 8 hours. I need love.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page