last week before due date ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-13-2004, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay this is another one of my dorky threads, but I am basically looking for ideas of things to do before my due date.

I have never been pregnant this long before (!) and it seems that everyone has expected me to give birth already. I guess I was sortof thinking that also and now the days are seeming very long and I am bored. All day long I sit here and wonder when I will go into labor which is frustrating because I have NO signs of it happening any time soon.

So Im looking for things to do! Ive already made a belly cast, had portraits taken, made big sibling shirts for my kids, made postpartum pads for me, helped the kids start on a "Welcome Baby" sign, washed all baby clothes/diapers...

What is (or did) everyone doing in the days leading up to your babys birth? Anything special? Anything that I missed in my list above?
#2 of 10 Old 09-13-2004, 04:21 PM

Well, my house has never been this clean before!

Today marks one week until my due date. I've already addressed all the baby announcement envelopes, designed the announcements (just need to add a picture and the right stats and print!), washed all the clothes and diapers, got the baby book updated, etc. etc. So now I am left with cleaning the refrigerator and organizing the shelfs in the kitchen. Exciting, I know.

I also shopped for all sorts of supplies that I might not feel like shopping for later (dishwasher soap, laundry detergent, sponges, etc.).

Basically, I am just killing time!!
#3 of 10 Old 09-13-2004, 04:22 PM

Sleep??

:LOL :LOL

Oh I crack myself up.
#4 of 10 Old 09-13-2004, 08:10 PM

Novels, comic books, cheesy magazines.

At first I thought I was too tired and uncomfortable to read, but once I got going, it actually helps bring back my energy.

My advice - unless you feel you *absolutely* have to, don't read anything pg or baby related. Just entertain your brain.

If you need any book suggestions, tell me your favorite genre and I can reccommend some good titles. The best is a book that is engaging, but not too trashy, well written, but not too "literary."

Good luck, I know from restlessness. Due to the extreme heat here, I haven't been able to leave the house for about 6 weeks..
#5 of 10 Old 09-13-2004, 08:11 PM

I'm right there too. I'm feeling bored and zoned and tired and grumpy and having lots of cramping and even a few contractions here and there.

I've also been shopping, cleaned house, made postpartum pads, got the baby clothes all ready... I haven't made any freezer meals because I just do not feel like cooking at all. Nor eating, really, I just don't have much of an appetite, which I keep thinking means I'm just about ready to go into labor but I guess not because I've felt this way for the last week!

I got out some material today to start a mini-quilt, I was feeling all inspired but then I got SO tired I had to go take a nap and when I woke up I was starving so I had to make a late lunch, and now I am eating and checking my email. :LOL
#6 of 10 Old 09-13-2004, 10:09 PM

Yeah, my house has never been so clean, either. I am so stir crazy waiting for this baby! I really thought he would be early, but I guess not. I am having tons of contractions that go nowhere. Very inspiring...
#7 of 10 Old 09-15-2004, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

SVS,

Addressing the birth announcement envelopes is a good idea. I will work on that today maybe.

I am also planning on sanding my bellycast today and possibly getting it ready to be gesso'd. Yesterday I added more plaster strips to it and put up a few fall decorations in our house.

For some reason I thought I was going to go into labor last night and my husband had to work late, so I put the kids to sleep early and frantically cleaned, got my bed ready, rearranged my few birth kit supplies and went to sleep so I could wake up and have enough energy to labor. Every time during the night that I woke up to pee I thought "why am I not in labor yet?"

This is so ridiculous.

Interbang,

I am planning on going to the library tomorrow if I get a chance. I have tons of books I could be reading instead of sitting here whining.

Linda,

I havent made any food either and Im not planning to. I am hoping that we can live off of hand-outs for a week or so at least...
#8 of 10 Old 09-15-2004, 02:17 PM

I too am at the one week wait and boy (or girl) could I hit my head against the wall a few times a day (or night!!!).

I am so impressed with all of you accomplished mamas out there. I feel like everytime I do one activity (wash a load of laundry, make food, clean a room or vacuum) I am wiped and need to go sit in my rocking chair. In fact that is what I do most sit in my rocking chair.

I have resorted to movies (non-violent) for my sleepless nights and I have been posting around here WAY more than ever before.

It feels a little better knowing you all are out there feeling the same way.

I have nothing in the freezer because cooking is absolutely the last thing on my mind ...eating too!!!

Good luck

hillary
#9 of 10 Old 09-15-2004, 05:56 PM

I wish wish wish I had some extra time!! Lynsey, do you want to come teach 25 5th graders?? That will make the time pass! I'm looking forward to the weekend, so I can clean a bit, make my bracelet and catch up on sleep! Also, I would love to just spend some time with my hubby.
#10 of 10 Old 09-15-2004, 06:29 PM

I hope I'm not barging in on the September mamas! I'm pretty new to MDC and only just discovered the due date clubs.

I'm due on the 20th and showing NO signs of the baby coming any time soon. Well, he has dropped down quite a bit which is great! I can finally breathe again. Heh. But, I know just what ya'll mean about going a tad stir crazy. I've been trying to kill the time anyway I can. I've washed all his clothes and linens. I've cleaned the house. I've worked on the birth announcements. I wish I could get motivated to cook some meals for the freezer, but I'm pretty much making myself eat the past few days as it is.

I've found watching a funny movie or reading is a great distraction. Nothing like an Adam Sandler movie to take your mind off the bladder punches and rib kicks.

Also, I've been making a scrapbook to put his baby pictures in. I don't imagine I'll have much time for making a pretty scrapbook once he's here- so now all we have to do is pop in the photos!

Hopefully it will be soon for all us mamas and we can all meet our little ones finally!

--Josie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page