Beautiful, beautiful babies! 9/18 to 9/25 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-19-2004, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anna are you sure you don't have thrush?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2004, 07:41 PM

impatiently drumming fingers on desk waiting for news from Jen and Jo.........

Btw, thought I would let you all know that we had our big U/S and we are having a little girl!!
Her name will be Molly Joan Langton.
Daddy is looking into buying a shotgun.....

Ok, back to waiting for news
Old 09-19-2004, 07:45 PM

Congrats Shannon..that is wonderful! Girls are so sweet, and I love the name Mollly. You know I am truly happy for you!!!

Alli..that sucks. Has the itching come back??

My DH and I are going out to dinner..got a sitter for the older three and just taking the baby...

Caroline
Old 09-19-2004, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

i am now running a temp over 100 and feel like someone ran me over with truck. afraid it may be mastitis... any suggestions on avoiding antibiotics?????

trying to nurse in weird positions, took a hot tub..... am going to sleep soon if mielle will let me.

good night all

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
Old 09-19-2004, 09:03 PM

Woohoo!! More Babies!! Can't wait to hear "what" Sprout is!

Welcome to the world Jackson from another Jackson!! Awesome to make such a quick appearance! Can't wait to hear the details.

Okay lets see if I get everything...

Anna-

Gorgeous B&W pictures! I just love B&Ws. Sounds a lot like mastitis or just on the brink of it. Here's a link to what Dr. Sears says about treating a plugged duct. If you can feel where the "knot" is or really sore spot, try to latch Mielle on to where her chin is pointing towards it (to ensure that she's trying to drain that area. Then put pressure with the ball of your hand behind it and it works towards the nipple. Mielle will give you the suction you need to get the actual 'clog' out.

And this is the link to Mastitis. Not to scare you but you must be careful! Watch it closely. Mastitis can turn ugly and VERY painful quickly. You don't want it to excelerate to a breast abscess. WATCH it closely. I had a friend who quickly got a breast abcess and then a staph infection on top of it. She ended up in surgery and lost 'some' breast tissue, she ended up not being about to continue breastfeeding. NOT that I'm saying this will happen to you!! But it happened very quickly to her over the span of less than a week. Just keep an eye on it. You might consider pumping more often to try to ease the engorgement which is only exacerbating the clogged ducts.

Hmmm maybe I should study and get my LC certification.

Plantmommy-
Ugh on the flooding basement! And glad to hear that Reid is doing better. Fevers in wee ones is very scary. And woohoo on the Ped not bruising! That's such a rarity.

Heather-
David is such a cutie!! Awesome that he's sleeping for 3-4 hours at a week! I think Jackson might start nursing again once Radish is here. He weaned about 4 months ago but he's been showing interest in looking down my shirt A LOT this week. And for the past couple of weeks when we've been in the shower he's been like "mmm let me reach out and tweek that".

Caroline-
You insane woman! :LOL Heavily cleaning the house, painting the bathroom and then hosting a baby shower! The insanity.

Sarah-
: : NINE people?? They better have waited on you hand and foot and not the other way around.

Allison-
Thanks for posting the safety check link. All the places here in Houston, I have to call and make an appointment at. But there are several that are dealerships not to far from us. Maybe going and checking them out tomorrow if they can get us in.

I just got Radish's new carseat delivered yesterday. The Peg Perego Primo Viaggio infant seat. It will work with both the Peg Perego strollers that we use. I had considered the Britax Companion (the other seats we use are RoundAbouts and I'm about to upgrade Tori to a Marathon, so we are Britax fans) but it doesn't mount as solidly with the strollers. And the Primo gets as good a rating as the Companion. David is currently outside installing the third row seating in the Discovery, so that is one less worry on my mind.

HeatherB, Danielle, Caroline and Anna:
on the weight loss! It's amazing how fast some of it will come off. I lost over 45 pounds of the 65+ that I'd gained with Jack without even trying. I was just getting to "I think I should start excerising mode to get rid of the last 20" when I got pregnant with Radish :LOL

Allison-
I HEAR YOU ON THE FEET!!! : : Mine are on FIRE. It's mainly just the bottoms on the balls of my feet. It's usually worse at night or first thing in the morning... when I'm trying to SLEEP. Right now I keep rubbing them back and forth on the carpet. Nothing seems to be working! Lotion, Lanacane, Hydro-chorizone... heck I even tried foot spray on the off chance its athelets foot... nothing seems to help for more than a few minutes. Even soaking them in epson salts only helped WHILE they were in the water. They are just soo swollen. They look like little kids feet. Plump! :LOL

Shannon-
Congrats on the girl! Sweet name. Yep, right after we found out DD was a girl, several of DH's friends were all discussing how on her first date (when she's 30!! ) they'll all be sitting to gether on the front porch... cleaning their shotguns together.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:05 PM

Hello All!

This is Christi's husband (Robert) stopping by quickly to say that Joshua Robert was born on 9/13/04 at 6:33 am. He was 9 lbs 7 ozs, 20 in long, 14 in head, 14 1/4 in chest. Christi started labor the morning of 9/11/04, so that adds up to 40+ hours of labor. We transfered to a hospital from home on Sunday morning about 4:30 am (about 18 hours of labor) when C was exhausted and we were not progressing anymore. We labored in the hospital for another 18 hours on pitocin (the last six hours cranked way up), and Christi wouldn not dialate past a 7. We eventually had a C-section, and Joshua had to spend 3 days in the NICU for elelvated respiration rate (probably from all of the long labor related stress). However, mommy and baby both came home helathy and happy together on Thursday, 9/16/04, and we are doing much better once we have settled down into knowing Joshua's cries and needs. Joshua is BF really well now that Christi's milk has come in.

OK...enough info for now...I will let Christi fill you in with the rest of the details. I have a quick question regarding diapers: We have finished our 3rd round of diaper washing, and the diapers are starting to get a little fishy smell. I was wondering what we need to do differently or if we need to add something to the wash. We are pre-rinsing in cold water, and then washing in hot with an extra rinse and adding bio-kleen detergent to the wash.....any help will be appreciated.

One last thing, Christi when you read this I just want you to know how wonderful a job you always did throughout this labor, and I am so proud to be your husband and the father of your child. I LOVE YOU!!!

C or I will post some more info later. Congrats to the recent babies and go Jo/Jen!!!
Old 09-19-2004, 09:09 PM

Congratulations Pam! Welcome Jackson! Cant wait to read the birth story...Ive always thought that short labors would be more painful/intense, whatever because your body is doing the same amount of work much quicker.

I am still hoping for a 7 hour labor...

Shannon,

I love the name you picked - thats the one I voted for on your poll.

Robert,

Thank you so much for posting an update on Christi and baby. I will keep her in my thoughts.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:13 PM

Is anyone else crying from Robert's message to Christi?? Perhaps just hormones
Old 09-19-2004, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsgirl
OK...enough info for now...I will let Christi fill you in with the rest of the details. I have a quick question regarding diapers: We have finished our 3rd round of diaper washing, and the diapers are starting to get a little fishy smell. I was wondering what we need to do differently or if we need to add something to the wash. We are pre-rinsing in cold water, and then washing in hot with an extra rinse and adding bio-kleen detergent to the wash.....any help will be appreciated.
Okay just a quick response to the smelly diaper issue.

Are you using A-D diaper ointment? That is NOTORIOUS for making diapers smell, especially fishy because it has fish oil in it. Better choice of diaper creams... Burt's Bees Diaper cream, Aveeno, Weleda Diaper Care. AVOID Desitin too, it sticks like concrete.

How much detergent are you using? You want to use only a small amount... like 1/3 the "recommended" laundry amount. Check to see if you have suds when the diapers are swishing in the rinse cycle. If you have suds you have detergent residue which SMELLS horrible when urine comes in contact with it. Keep rinsing until there are no suds then only use a SMALL amount of detergent. You might need to use 1/2 cup of vinegar in your rinse cycle to restore the PH. Try ONE thing at a time. Start with the rinsing and changing diaper cream if you are using A-D.

That's 1/2 a cup not 1-2 cups vinegar. Sorry about the typo.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:22 PM

Congratulations to Christi & Robert! Thanks for the update! Glad to hear they are doing fine now.

:
Old 09-19-2004, 09:36 PM

Congratulations on the new babies!

I'm feeling so much better. Anna, I hope you aren't getting mastitis, but that's what it sounds like. I felt the exact same way. One of the knots in my breast is gone, the other one is much smaller and not sore. One problem I'm having is getting Kallisti in any other positions, but I keep trying. Oh, sounds like she's awake now, have to run.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:01 PM

Congrats Pam! Can't wait to see pics.

As fas as positioning towards the clogged spot goes, I ended up laying jack on the bed and getting over him on all fours. Pretty picture, huh? What finally unp;ugged my duct was constant moist hwat using one of those cheap electric heating pads that you stick a wet piece of foam in. Might be worth a try.

For my bfing rant, my nipples are COVERED in thrush rash already!!!! I struggled with thrush with Jack for months. What this really means is that I will need to start eating so much better... Bye-bye candy corn!

Lynsey - didn't you say you were going to read Adventures in Tandem Nursing? What did you think of it if you did?

How was dinner Caroline?
Old 09-19-2004, 11:21 PM

Ohh, so much exciting baby news in here tonight. Can't wait to hear from Jo and Jen!

Congratulations Pam and Christi!

I was feeling so down this morning. Anna is 17 days old, and we're STILL battling jaundice and taking her in to the hospital for bloodwork every other day. Yesterday's result was 17.4, which is very high for a babe her age.

Please feel free to add her to prayer or meditation/thought lists.

BUT, on a bright note, the kids "Uncle" Ryan (hubby's best friend) drove down today to spend the day with us. We went out to Texas Roadhouse for lunch, then took a trip to the Cider Mill to pick up candied apples since we'd already gotten our cider. After our trip out, Ryan and hubby Dave played out with the big kids until dinner time and then Ryan prepared dinner for us with fresh veggies he brought down from his garden.

I feel much better now, after some adult fellowship and a nice veggie dinner. I'm sure I'll probably regret eating so much squash, cucumber and zucchini since they give my nursling terrible gas, but I own a bottle of gas drops and I just NEEDED something yummy for dinner...it was almost as much for my mental nourishment as my physical nourishment.

Better run now, Ms. Nurse-A-Lot calls.

~Leigh
Old 09-20-2004, 12:36 AM

Congratulations Christi!!! I'm so sorry to hear about the tough labor, but so happy to read that you have such a loving husband to support you through the recovery.

Re diapers: I use Kroger's diaper rash ointment because it is unscented (why is it so hard to find unscented baby products?) and it does have cod liver oil in it, but I have never noticed a fishy smell myself. Ours do get that lovely ammonia scent when we wait more than a day or so to wash them, but vinegar in the wash takes care of that very nicely.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:20 AM

Hello all.

No contrax or even BH over here. We did the ritual last night, it went extremely well. We basically did one divination and cast three spells.

Divination: Asking the baby how he/she is doing, does he/she want to stay in the womb longer? Why or why not?

Spells:

1) Blessings for the mama: each person attending the birth gives a blessing/gift to the mama (stuff to help with labor, like stamina, massage, etc)

2) Blessings for the baby: each person attending the birth gives a promise/gift to the baby (enticements to leave the womb, such as holding, kissing, playing, nursing)

3) Ask the Goddess to start labor as soon as the baby is ready (he/she told us through Tarot that he/she is still gathering his/her power, in the process of transformation), because mom and dad are now officially *emotionally* ready for baby to join us. Also, we asked the Goddess for a fast labor.

The feeling of the entire ritual was very powerful, and we had my friend's 13 month old in attendance, who played, slept, fussed, cried, slept - her energy was essential, I'm so happy she was there. It's good for our kid to know the energy of his/her future best friend.

Today, I slept and slept. That's the sign of a good ritual, when you're incredibly tired the next day. Once I finally got my energy back, we watched the original (1977) Star Wars and then Dh and I took a long walk in this amazing cold windy weather.

I've been in an altered state since the ritual. Very peaceful, filled with good energy. DH, who is twice the Wiccan I am, has been nervous. He feels like the Goddess will send me into labor soon. Me, I just feel ready.

The baby's moving a little less, but I still got a good kick count this afternoon.

We set up the tub tonight, it's so beautiful!

By the way, feel free to send me powerful (painful is okay) contrax vibes, if you like.

Pam and Christi: Showers of love your way for you and your beautiful new little ones.

Bfing mamas: I admire you all so much, I can't wait to join you. Reading your posts, even when there's trouble, has been an inspiration to me. I feel very blessed to be here.

By the way, I know I've mentioned in the past that I think my kid will be late. We cast the spell to bring the kid soon because we want to move up the "timetable" we've been sensing. It's a big request, we'll see if it works..
Old 09-20-2004, 02:31 AM

Welcome Jackson and Joshua!

Robert-
You are so sweet to leave that message for Christi!

Anna-
Be careful with the mastitis. I got horribly sick with mine, and felt so much better after the antibiotics, but that's just me. Actually it wasn't until they gave me an injection of something in the hospital that made me feel better; I just don't know what it was!

Aggghhhh! I'm dying of suspense here! Jen and Jo......hope you are having a lovely time with Sprout! I hope Finn and I can meet you all in person some day soon!
Old 09-20-2004, 05:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats, Pam! Welcome, baby Jackson! So glad to hear this was a quick labor for you. If I hadn't just been through my second very long labor, it'd give me hope! :LOL

Many congrats and well-wishes to Christi! Welcome, baby Joshua! What an awesome thing it is to have such a supportive husband! I hope your recovery will be swift. I've been there, if you need to talk.

Samantha, I was beginning to wonder where you were! Thought maybe we'd have a surprise announcement - but we'll keep waiting. If you can't get in at one of the local check-up locations, let me know. I'm certified and would be happy to get together and do a check for you. I love "playing" with car seats. Maybe we'll actually be able to organize another get-together soon!

Leigh, I'm glad to hear you got some rest and adult time in! I'm sorry it's so hard with Anna's jaundice. I am, thankfully, not very familiar with jaundice so I can't offer anything helpful. I'm sure you're doing everything already, anyway! We'll be praying it dissipates quickly.

Anna, hoping you're feeling better soon!

Has anyone ever had a baby boy lactate? I know it's not uncommon to have weird things going on shortly after birth, but I think of them more in girls than boys... But I've noticed Iain's breast tissue getting more pronounced, and today I saw drops of milk from his nipples (once on each side). Totally freaked out DH! And Iain's 2 weeks old today - isn't that a little late for something like that to start happening? I guess I should go look up Dr. Sears and see what he has to say... I haven't done this newborn thing in a while.

I'm also trying to figure out if Iain has kind of "classic" reflux or if it's caused by an allergy, or if some of his symptoms are from this virus that's been going around. If you've ever dealt with allergies/reflux, can you take a look and tell me what you think? His "reflux" symptoms are fussiness while eating (not every time), spitting up, forcefully spitting up (not across-the-room type of projectile), lots of burping/wet burps/hiccups/wet hiccups, fussiness worsening at night, back arching, crying, coughing and choking... maybe more. I'm wondering about an allergy because he spit/threw up the most the day I drank a lot of milk, and the days I've had basically none have been substantially better (just spit-up, not throwing up). He also has a rash on his bottom that's not responding to using creams, powders, or sprays - and he's CD'd. It kind of makes me think of what Dr. Sears has described as an allergic rash, but I dunno. Not precisely a circle, but definitely just around his anus. Then he's got these "virus" symptoms that don't seem to be improving (and yes, we've all had this cold/viral infection thing, but are mostly over it now): stuffiness, worse at night/AM after sleeping - I'm sucking out lots of cloudy mucous; one eye that's watering and getting gunky all the time; some coughing/sneezing (sneezing clears his nose). I think that's all... Anyhow, if anyone has thoughts or input, I'd love to hear! We've got the Zantac called in but not picked up yet. I'm almost afraid to try meds and possibly cover up the reflux if it's being caused by an allergy. Argh. Being a mom sure isn't easy! I think we all know that by now, eh? :LOL

Anyone else with night sweats? Argh. I hate this part. I keep hoping it'll help some more weight drop off, though. :LOL It's good to know I'm not just totally crazy when I go to bed cold but wake up sweating. It took me a couple days to realize what was going on even though I was expecting it!

I'm not quite as down as I was yesterday, but still probably good to end on a "good news" note... We took Iain to church today for the first time, and I actually managed to get the three of us up, ready, and out by myself! Woohoo! It felt like quite an accomplishment. DH runs sound at all of our services, so he was already at church, but came out and helped me get the boys in so we could enter as a family. Everyone oohed and aahed which was quite nice, and not too many people actually touched him - most touched his foot that was covered in his outfit. He wore the outfit we bought for Gabriel (with the intent for siblings to wear it also) as a "coming home" outfit. Gabriel also wore it on his first visit to church on Easter - but peed on it with a diaper on so he didn't wear it long. Iain, though, made it the whole day without ruining his outfit! (Did I mention I LOVE CDing? ) We took a bunch of pictures tonight to hopefully use in "real" announcements - one thing I wanted to do with Gabriel and never got to. We got some pretty good pics of both boys, but I may try to do more tomorrow - DH takes good pics, but I saw so many from my angle that were much better than his angle! Still, we got good stuff and good 2 week pics.

Okay, ramble ramble... It's late, isn't it? It's nice to be able to think about what's going on, though! Not much time for thinking these days, LOL.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 09-20-2004, 11:23 AM

Kallisti and her daddy are sleeping so I thought I'd hop online real quick. I just finished uploading and editing a picture of her. We need to take some more, we haven't taken many yet. I'm feeling pretty good, yay! We go to the doctor today for our 1 week check ups. Hard to believe it's been a week already. Last week was such a mess though. My husband has just been absolutely amazing. He's changed almost all the diapers so far and has been doing laundry every night and taking good care of me. He goes back to work tomorrow. I'm going to miss him!

Here's a picture:
Kallisti in her monster quilt

And now I'm going to go check on those two and maybe sneak in a shower.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:35 AM

Ok, I am totally bawling over Robert's message. Congratulations Christi!!! Welcome Joshua! We should swap long exhausting labor stories. Mine was similar. Hope you are recovering quickly.

Congratulations to Pam! Welcome Jackson!

Congratulations Shannon! I love the name Molly. I'm so excited for you.

No news from Jen and Jo yet but I did call their house and tell them that there are a lot of September mommies anxiously awaiting some news. I'm guessing they'll be back today. I'm pretty sure Jen used the back up doula who was the nurse at Oscar's delivery. Isn't that cool?

Oz continues to get cuter by the day. One grandma leaves today and another one comes. I am really thankful for them.

Steph
Old 09-20-2004, 02:01 PM

HeatherB I could have written your post!! Naomi has just started the same thing for the last couple of days. I think it is thrush/candida as Colloidal Silver (CS) is working great. I am also on the "yeast diet" steamed veggies/rice/nuts/salad- nothing refined and no sugar-not even fruit. I am hoping to see more improvements in the next few days. It is so frustrating! I am using Sheryl's salve again on the rash as well as CS spray.

Can't wait to hear from Jen and Jo!! Yay!! Sprout came out!!

Congratulations to all the new mamas! The pictures are all gorgeous!

Anna- have you tried putting cabbage leaves on your breasts? It sounds like your supply is sufficient that you wouldn't have to worry about losing your milk. Best wishes! I had mastitis with my first, it was awful! Be sure to take extra vit.c and garlic to help with any infection that might be setting in.

Naomi is starting to be awake more it is so sweet. I can't imagine our family without her.

Have a wonderful day!!
Sarahb
Old 09-20-2004, 02:23 PM

Big T was born the day before yesterday around 7:00 after over 24 hours of active labor and a medically necessary C section. He was 7 lbs 13 oz, 21.5 inches long and has a little strawberry blond hair, long fingers and his mothers' nose. He was covered in vernix and had no signs of being post date!

Congratulations to Jen and Jo!!!

Jen sounded great and reports being happy not to be pregnant and even happier not to be in labor anymore

Steph
Old 09-20-2004, 02:44 PM

Ahhhh, so cool, Congrats Jen and Jo and welcome to little Tristan!!!!
Can't wait till she's back to post the whole story--and thanks Steph, perhaps now I can get on with my life Oh wow, Molly is kicking up a storm as I type this--she must be excited! (or perhaps it's the hot wings I'm scarfing down )
Old 09-20-2004, 03:30 PM

Awesome Jen!!! Welcome Tristan James!!! : It's so great to hear the news!!! You did it!!!You certainly have been thought of lots around here!!! Take it easy, have a great recovery!!!
Old 09-20-2004, 03:42 PM

Pam, I am a wee bit jealous.
I have had a couple of light weight pains and got all weepy about not wanting to do this. OOh scary, & they say you forget what the pain was. Any way, wish I'd be on my way. Maybe some whopping first labor pains mean you will just zip right to the end.
15 minutes until I must meet with My Dr.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:48 PM

Oh Jen, congratulations!!!!! I can't wait to hear the full story. Welcome to the world Tristan!!!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

Old 09-20-2004, 03:55 PM

Allison,

I am also "due the 24" with my first and planning a homebirth!!!! AND I swear the middle of the night is my creative enrgetic period!! I keep telling myself I am getting ready for the babe's new nursing schedule because mine is so funky for the past few weeks.

I feel the same....ready to go tomorrow but trying to keep steady for the long haul if need be.Good luck!!!!

Hillary
Old 09-20-2004, 04:38 PM

Congrats, Jen and Jo, and welcome Tristan!
Old 09-20-2004, 04:48 PM

Sorry, I'm a little spacey. I think Tristan must have been born on the 18th not the 19th. I got the first call on the 18th, and they did know that he was a he by then.

I think my brain is shrinking along with my belly.

Steph
Old 09-20-2004, 04:54 PM

Welcome to the world Tristan!! Woohoo some strawberry blonde hair!! I know Mama is pleased.

: :

Can't wait to hear the long version of your birth.

HeatherB-
I've heard about boys with milk (witch's milk) up to the first month. It takes about 6-8 weeks for your body's hormones to get into a good cycle. So that's what's causing it. It didn't happen with Jack, I think David would have been a little freaked too. :LOL

Sarah-
Treating Thrush... try Acidophilus it should help to rebalance the natural bacteria. About 1 caplet a day. Here's what Sears suggests.
After each nursing, follow these 5 steps:
* Breastmilk – massage a bit into the nipples after nursing, then let air-dry.
* White vinegar – mix a solution of one tablespoon white vinegar in one cup of water. Keep the bottle next to your nursing chair. Dab a bit onto each nipple and let air dry after each nursing.
* Nystatin anti-fungal cream – available by prescription. Apply 2 to 3 times a day to each nipple after nursing.
* Clortrimazole anti-fungal cream – you can use this over-the-counter cream in place of Nystatin. Do not use both!
* Hydrocortisone ointment 2.5% - available by prescription and if recommended by your doctor for severely swollen painful nipples. Apply 2 to 3 times a day when not applying nystatin.

Using Diflucan – this is a very strong prescription anti-fungal pill. It can be used under supervision by your OB/GYN or baby's pediatrician to treat very severe and stubborn infections.

Hope it clears up quickly for you. And of course try to cut your sugar intake. The sugar just feeds the Thrush.

Leigh-
Keep nursing that little one. Hopefully the jaundice will go down soon.

Well, we are still here. Radish doesn't seem to be interested in going anywhere. I'm still not having any contrax pre se, late at night he's been really active and I've felt some pressure deep but not much else. My lower left ab muscle is killing me though, everytime I roll over... OUCH!!! It's going to be nice when it finally has a chance to heal without a huge weight kicking it.

Well, Jack is taking a nap and David took Tori to the pool, so I'm going to try to get a few things done.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:39 PM

Hello everyone! Congrats Jen!

Well, our little one decided to make an early appearance. I gave birth to a beautiful little boy on Thursday the 16th, eight days early, at home, underwater, at 12:35 pm, after a very fast 2.5 hour labor. It was perfect. He is teeny at 6 pounds, but very long, 21 inches.

I will write our birth story soon, just trying to catch up on some sleep and time with Isobel.

Oh, we're still working on a name...

Labor vibes to all waiting, and sleep!!!!!

User Tag List