One last thread before we move on to "Life with a Babe"? 10/9 - 10/16 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4under6
6 weeks have gone by without nursing and I still can get little jets of milk out of me ... I feel like I'm almost being dared by my breasts to latch Finn on....and oh how I would love to! ...
I thought I had gotten past this, but these feelings of failure and shame for giving up too soon are much stronger this time
you sound so miserable! have you considered relactating? please forgive me, i can't remember why you went to formula - are you on a drug therapy that contraindicates bfing? if you don't currently have a reason not to bf, why not let him try to nurse? my understanding is that bfing doesn't fully switch over to supply and demand till about 3 mths postpartum - so although you might not manage to get him fully bfed, you would probably be able to bf for some -- maybe even most -- of his food/liquid needs.

you can try misc.kids.breastfeeding (can be accessed through google groups if you don't have news reading software) or la leche league for more info on relactating.

i don't want to be a pest, but your post sounds so sad, i hoped i could help.
#62 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 01:24 PM

And it's Growth Spurt time here!

Anna has been nursing constantly for the past two days. I can literally count on 1 hand the number of times she's been out of my arms since Tuesday night.

We're still fighting the battle to get Anna to gain weight. At almost 6 weeks, she's about 7.5 pounds. That's just 1.5 pounds over her birth weight. She nurses on demand, plus I still pump 6 times per day and give that to her at the end of feeding sessions. She also gets between 4-8 ounces of formula per day, as required. I just can't seem to get decent breastmilk production, no matter what I try. And I've tried everything short of prescription meds, primarily because I can't afford the meds at the moment.

Other than feeding issues, all is well here. My PPD comes and goes in waves, but is somewhat more mild than with either of the other kids. Dave started back to work in the office last week for three days, and has worked all week this week. It's very strange not having him home anymore. He'd been working at home full time since March, and part time before that since January.

I never get time to sit down at the computer and post anymore. I read all the posts, know what I WANT to say, but only get a chance to actually TYPE in a thread about once a week.

Ok, see, there she goes again. She seems to know when I am typing and get horrible upset with me.

Blessings to all,

~Leigh and Anna
#63 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 01:40 PM

Leigh, are the scrip meds more $$$ than formula?

same here with reading/typing.
#64 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 02:02 PM

hey

Leigh it's nice to hear from you, i get worried when you go without posting for awhile. sorry to hear the breastfeeding is still frustrating, however i seem to recall you thinking she was never gona latch on again. something about your breastfeeding relationship being forever damaged.... sounds like that is NOT the case if she's spending that much time nursing! I'm so happy for you. Sorry your supply doesn't seem to be keeping up.

It does seem to be growth spurt time around here, doesn't it? Mielle was all wacked out of her schedule yesterday, didn't get her normal sleep and was super fussy. thankfully she slept in 3 hour blocks over night and is acting more like herself today. I wonder how much this weekend's trip is gonna affect her sleep. I am looking forward to visiting family, however I do worry about contacting sick people and throwing Mielle's liitle system out of whack.
I bought the cutest little sweater dress for her to wear to the wedding..... I remember wanting a girl during my pregnancy, because I wanted to dress a little girl. It is so fun to pick out little sweet outfits for her to wear, I must admit how much Ilove it. She is the ultimate doll! And I am such a clothes horse / fashionable dresser. I even try to coordinate my underwear with my outfits! It is such fun to coordinate her clothes.
She is totally sacked out on my lap right now, all soft and warm and trusting... such a gift. Boy do I love being her mommy.

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#65 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantmommy
Leigh, are the scrip meds more $$$ than formula?
nak

The script meds (domperidone from Canada, I can't do Reglan because of an allergy) would probably be cheaper long-run than formula, but at the moment I just can't come up with the more expensive initial outlay for the prescription and shipping. It's easier to find $15 every two weeks for formula (she really doesn't use THAT much) than $125 for the pills.

Anna,

Thanks for thinking of us. I was afraid our little Anna would never get her latch working again after all the bottle feeding but we're gradually conquering that. Now if we could only get supply to catch up to demand everything would be peachy.

We love dressing up our "living doll", too. Things are all still way too big on her at the moment, though. We're just waiting impatiently for the 0-3 month clothes to actually start fitting her. For the moment, she's mostly in sack gowns because they're the only things that fit normally.

~L
#66 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 02:29 PM

HeatherJ - I would love to get together when you visit CO! We could even possibly coordinate with Meredith and Katie? Loveland will definitely be open by end of Nov, its usually one of the first places to open, sometimes in Oct, but always by early Nov.

Anna, I know just what you mean about little girl clothes, they are so fun!

Danielle, don't beat yourself up, I don't know if any one of us here would have continued bfing if we had the issues you did. I can imagine how tempting it must be to try latching Finn on, you never know, it could be different, I know I'd be scared to try though.

Samantha, Aiden is so cute! He looks like a big boy, great hair too.

Leigh, you are doing an awesome job, keep it up!

Stacy, the MDC PPD forum is really awesome for info and support. There are so many wise mamas who have been there. I've followed a few friends' stories over there and have been impressed.

We are getting into some real smiles here, it is so fantastic!!

Happy Days Mamas!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#67 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 02:50 PM

It's posted in the birth stories thread..

I have no regrets about going to the hospital, by the way. Instead I have a beautiful baby girl.

Thanks,
#68 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 04:46 PM

Oh, Leigh, that sucks! It is a lot of money to put out at once. But I bet you'll have the supply issues worked out one way or another.

I'm getting smiles more and more often! Especially early morning. oops there he goes.
#69 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 07:00 PM

Hi everyone!

I hope I'm not intruding here....I'm actually hoping to join you all. I was originally due on October 7th, but our little guy decided to arrive on September 5th, nearly 5 weeks early.

A little introduction....my name is Cher and my dh, Ron, and I live in Indiana with our six children. Taylor Matthew is 9, Kirstin Tambra is 8, Meghan Olivia is 6, Katherine Grace is 3, Ella Caroline is 2 and our new baby is Jack Riley. I am mostly a SAHM, but I do work PT for WIC as a lactation consultant.

Is anyone else dealing with thrush? This is our newest struggle with breastfeeding.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

~Cher
#70 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 07:16 PM

Thanks, Vicki!
I was sad when I posted.
I gave up bf with Finn at 5 days pp because I could not get past the pain of it, combined with a horrible mastitis infection at 3 days pp, ending with a trip to the ER because I was so ill.
The pain issue was the reason I stopped with all of them (I tried with all 4).
Anyways, I do think about relactating, but I'm afraid. I will read up on it, though, just so I'm informed at least.
#71 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 07:24 PM

Heather (interbang),

The 1st baby is always the hardest! With my daughter, Paityn, I had a 2nd degree tear and it bothered me terribly for weeks (and she was only a little over 8 lbs)! At one point I actually wondered if it wouldve been easier to just have scheduled a repeat csection.

Naiya was almost 10 lbs at her birth 2 weeks ago and I had another small tear that hasnt caused me any pain at all!

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sarah,

I am SO sorry about Lucys cord. I can relate to the disappointment ~ I wanted Naiyas birth to be videotaped or photographed very badly. My DH was going to take pics and he had set the videocamera up on the tripod. He ended up being in the bathtub with me when I delivered so we didnt get pics, but I was okay with it because I knew we had the video. Well, not so. For some reason our video camera messed up and only recorded about 20 minutes of my pushing and that was still an hour earlier than when I finally pushed Naiya out! So I have nothing except for a few very dark labor pictures.

So, not the same thing, but still heartbreaking!
#72 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 07:31 PM

nak

welcome cher! congratulations on your little early bird!

danielle, i'm sorry you are feeling such a loss over your nursing relationship with finn. has anyone (lc or someone at llll maybe) ever been able to give you a reason for the pain you experience?

leigh, you are doing a great job. anna is a lucky lucky girl! any chance you could put the meds on a cc? then you could just pay it off as you're able.

anna, i am loving shopping for my little girl too!!!

as for us, we're doing well. lilah is really so content and easy. the hardest part right now is keeping up with noah. he loves lilah sooooooo much and his almost 3 year old boy love is quite rough.

better go. love to all.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#73 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherAugusta
Hi everyone!

A little introduction....my name is Cher and my dh, Ron, and I live in Indiana with our six children. Taylor Matthew is 9, Kirstin Tambra is 8, Meghan Olivia is 6, Katherine Grace is 3, Ella Caroline is 2 and our new baby is Jack Riley. I am mostly a SAHM, but I do work PT for WIC as a lactation consultant.
Hi, nice to see another mom with lots of kids!!! Ours are pretty closely paralleled age wise. Mine are 11, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 and 6 weeks.
Congratulations on the arrival of Jack!!!
#74 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Is anyone else dealing with thrush? This is our newest struggle with breastfeeding.

~Cher
Hi there Cher!

Yes, we had the dreaded thrush... it was awful! We ended up using gentian violet to treat it. It was kinda messy, but cleared things up pretty well. I was able to catch it soon enough to avoid alot of the more labor intensive cleaning and yeast treatments. Good luck.

Well, Mielle is interupting me, as usual, gotta go.

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#75 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4under6
Thanks, Vicki!
I was sad when I posted.
I gave up bf with Finn at 5 days pp because I could not get past the pain of it, combined with a horrible mastitis infection at 3 days pp, ending with a trip to the ER because I was so ill.
The pain issue was the reason I stopped with all of them (I tried with all 4).
Anyways, I do think about relactating, but I'm afraid. I will read up on it, though, just so I'm informed at least.
since your reasons were pain and mastitis, which is painful, i can see why you fear relactating. that's awful.
i am wondering: what part hurts? the latch? let down? engorgement? plugged ducts leading to mastitis? all 4 of those and more besides? did you do anything about engorgement after you had to stop? cabbage leaves? drugs? something else? or did you just leave your breasts alone and try to dry up purely by not nursing? maybe if we talk about this a little i would have more of an idea about whether or not relactating would lead to the same problems as before. or, you can do your own research and not pay any attention to me. i'm not an ICBLC or league leader or anything, this is just sort of a "hobby" almost for me. iow i'm very, very interested in bfing but have no actual credentials or anything.

Quote:
my name is Cher and my dh, Ron, and I live in Indiana with our six children.
where in indiana? i live in bloomington!

and yeah, i totally agree about girl clothes! i just got another box of hand me downs for my 2yr old. this box was from my cousin in NYC. great stuff! i just went through my big girl's dresser and decided to chuck anything that isn't cute!
my kids have a LOT of clothing! i get more gifts every time i have another baby, too. a friend is coming over tomorrow and her kids are a little younger. i'll see if she wants any of the stuff i'm not keeping - maybe her son can wear some of my son's old stuff.
#76 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 10:43 PM

There's a yummy sleepy baby in my lap - who is VERY loud! Anyone else have a noisy one? She grunts and moans and smacks her lips, etc. Wakes Jack up! I can't believe she is almost 5 weeks old. Where has the time gone?

Sheryl - I can't believe it is snowboarding time for you again! At least your balance will be back to normal!

Samantha - cute pics of Aidan! Lucy is still perpetually peeling as well. I hate when it is on her face!

Anna - have a fun weekend showing off your sweetie. Take some pictures for us.

Lynsey - it is so hard to lose something (cord, moment to video) that you can never get back! How are you adjusting to have three little ones? Is it easier or harder than adjusting to two?

Chrissy - toddler love is rough! Jack often hugs a little too hard, etc. Lucy doesn't seem to mind though (no squawking), so we've tried not to say anything to him. We seem to be walking a fine line between protecting her, and not making him feel scared to be around her. KWIM?

Garage sale tomorrow. Boy will I be glad when that is done. Hope I make a decent amount of money. Maybe I can finally buy some contacts again.
#77 of 87 Old 10-14-2004, 11:08 PM

Hi cher, welcome aboard!

Vicki, I'm a retired league leader, so I'll chime in if you're wrong on any points, which you haven't been. LOL!

I loved buying all the girly dresses for my 2nd dd (the first wasn't a girly girl, even in babyhood) and got it mostly out of my system.
#78 of 87 Old 10-15-2004, 12:03 AM

Oh, I also got thrush, but I nipped it in the bud with lots of garlic and acidophilus caps, and tea trea oil on my nipples 2x daily. Gentian Violet has also worked for me in the past. Nystatin was useless.
#79 of 87 Old 10-15-2004, 05:26 AM

Hi, everyone, I've missed you all. It's been a challenge to find time to read and post here AND the diaper board AND my twin boards...

We just had a 6 week growth spurt over the weekend. Can you say, EXHAUSTING?? With two, I never had 10 minutes for 3 days straight it seems where both were asleep or content at the same time. Ugh. Glad it's over.

We had a 6 hour sleep stretch once, from one baby. 5 hours a couple of times. Usually it's 3-4. I'm happy with 2 after this weekend!

Tell me about thrush; does it go away on its own? Why is it a bother? McKenna had a white tongue last week that seems to be clearing up, and now maybe William's is turning? My nipples have been bright pink and nursing has been a little more sensitive/painful lately, but nothing to freak about. I had the doc call in a Nystatin prescription, but haven't picked it up yet... I remember Nicolas and I having to get treated for thrush, but I don't remember why. At this point nobody is bothered by it, if that really is what the white tongues are.

My dh and I are considering not vaxing. We have to set the 2 month appt. soon. Can anyone give us some good, compelling, fact-based (not like scare tactic advocacy stuff; that turns him off) links for researching it ... QUICK?

We tried a sling for the first time Saturday at the zoo. I loved it! Dh wants to get the hang of slinging baby while playing his computer war games. A friend is supposed to be making me one, but I didn't see the right "cotton woven interlock" fabric at JoAnns.

Homeschooling is going well, though at this point Nicolas is still just using worksheets and reading books without any real "teaching" time from me. I look forward to adding that part in. But he figures out the new concepts on his own really well from the worksheets. He's a much better student than I anticipated as far as compliance and motivation go.

The twins are big and chunky and oh so cute. No real coos or smiles yet, though. Waaaah. I get great sleepy smiles, though, which warm my heart. They are both really strong and hold their whole head and chest up off the floor during tummy time. William's probably still a good pound heavier than McKenna; a couple weeks ago they were 9 pounds and almost 8. And yes, they can really let the farts rip!

McKenna is my noisy sleeper. About 1/3 of the time she's gassy or constipated or something and grunts all night. Keeps me awake; I have to either put her in the living room to sleep alone, or I go there to escape the racket. Dh sleeps through it all. Nicolas never wakes up for anything. So far the twins haven't seemed to wake each other up, either. But they're not usually sleeping together; we pretty much let them sleep wherever they happen to fall. Lately it's working out well to nurse them in bed and leave them there (love that extra few minutes to snooze!).

Anyone else have babies that prefer to sleep on their tummies? William loves sleeping on his side, and McKenna loves being on her tummy (I love it too, since it stops the grunting!).

OK, this has been a really long post. I wanted to catch up as much as possible before going back to bed. Congrats on the new mommies I missed in the past couple of weeks; welcome to Cher; and the new pictures of the babies were just adorable! I haven't had a chance to upload all the pics we've taken recently; hopefully I can get a link to new photos posted over the weekend.

And I LOVE nursing and cloth diapering these twins! The laundry sits in giant heaps throughout the house, clean but unfolded; but too bad. My babies need me. I've enjoyed showing the cute pocket and fitted dipes I have to all my friends and family. Nobody can believe how cute and fancy cloth dipes are now. I think I even have a few converts in the works! At least I'll know what to give them as baby shower gifts, heh heh...

Ciao for now! Hugs to the sad or frustrated mommies, and best wishes and blessings to all for a nice relaxing weekend.

P.S. Danielle, I hope you'll try again. With Nicolas we didn't really get going nursing until 6 weeks. I'll bet the pain won't be as much of an issue, since the baby's mouth is bigger, and he's not panicked about starving or anything. Best wishes as you research and pray about it. Sounds like in your heart you'd like for it to work out.
#80 of 87 Old 10-15-2004, 12:59 PM

Welcome Cher! Another Hoosier! I'm from Indiana too, Brownsburg (suberb on west side of Indy), but currently residing in North Carolina while DH goes to law school. Anyway glad to have you join the group!

I can totally relate to the noisy baby thing! Jackson grunts and groans all day and night. He has some cute coos thrown in the mix too. Then there's the random squeals thrown in that startle the heck out of me. He's just so vocal!

As for how he sleeps, I usually lay Jackson down next to me on his side during the night, but when I get up in the morning, he almost always rolls over to his tummy to sleep. And during the day, he wants to sleep upright propped up on my chest or up on my shoulder. I still trying to master this though.

Today is a rough day. I've gone through three bras, two shirts, a pair of pants, and two baby outfits from either spit-up or boob leakages. I paid bills this morning, which is just depressing and reminds me of how much I need to work and how little I'm getting done for work. Then there's the whole guilt thing thrown in the mix with me spending so much time trying to get work done and how I should be spending that time with my boys. The dog went to the vet yesterday and is now on antibiotics and Benadryl, which he threw up on the living room carpet.

Ugh, Alex wants lunch and Jackson has the hiccups again and is starting to fuss because I've sat still for too long. I'm off!

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#81 of 87 Old 10-15-2004, 01:05 PM

leigh, in case you don't read the bf board, a momma there wants to go splits on a bulk order of domperidome... maybe this is a way for you?
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=205945

pam, i don't bother changing milky/spitty clothes unless i'll be going out in public.
me = wet, stinky slob! but reid doesn't mind, i don't care what dh thinks right now and i have enough laundry to do as it is.
#82 of 87 Old 10-15-2004, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone.

Thank God for partners/spouses, I don't know how single mamas do it. I am having a break from the screamer (who is currently yelling his way through a diaper change, we have no idea why he has to holler through his diaper changes!). Last night I even got baby-free sleep time from 9-10:30 and slept like a rock. Jo was afraid when she put him down next to me that i was unaware that he was there. Could be that I was.

Leigh, you might want to check whether you have a compounding pharmacy near you and whether your dr is sympathetic to your wanting to take domperidone. Mine surprisingly prescribed it to me and I was able to take it to a compounding pharmacy (a pharmacy that makes their own meds instead of buying from drug companies, kind of like old-fashioned apothecaries) in town and have it filled. Sorry to say that it's not working well for me but it might for you. I think I just don't have enough glandular tissue to make enough milk. I will agree that it is expensive, my 2-week supply cost me $65 but it was less than we were expecting. Ordering it from CA might actually be cheaper.

Savannah Parents Requesting Open Vaccine Education (PROVE) has lots of info about vaccination although they have an obvious anti-vaccine bent. There is also the book Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parents' Guide by Aviva Jill Romm. I haven't read it but Steph has and she said it was good. btw, we couldn't come up with any good breastfeeding related clever statements, and I'm down on the whole nursing thing right now anyway (kinda jaded and grumpy about it, to be honest), but we did come up with one thing that suits Tristan to a T (haha, to a T): Pinkelmaschine! (= peeing machine!). He totally is!!!

Well, my little Pinkelmaschine wants to nurse, and I'm feeling like I could use a little draining on one side, so I'm off...

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#83 of 87 Old 10-16-2004, 03:18 PM

Pinkelmaschine! That is so cute! I have one of those too. uh-ohy, there she goes, gotta run.

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#84 of 87 Old 10-16-2004, 08:17 PM

oh mamas, noah is driving me nuts! some days are better than others but today has been the WORST. one minute he is as sweet as can be, loving on lilah and acting like his usual sweet self and then, like we've flipped a switch or something, he's a maniac. today has just been one tantrumy, maniacy, freak out after another. and it makes me so angry and annoyed at him and then i feel so guilty for feeling that way. argh!!! it will get better though, right?

question for those of you co-sleeping with more than one: how's it going for you? how are you arranged in the bed? this was my biggest worry before lilah was born. it's working out pretty well though. the hardest part is that noah wakes up and wants to cuddle all up to/on lilah. i think it will be great once she is a little older but now i worry that he'll suffocate her.

we had our 2 week check up with our midwife on thursday. all is well. lilah's fast breathing seems to have resolved itself. she weighed 9 lbs 10 oz.

jen, i am so sorry that you are having such a torturous struggle to breastfeed. i don't know what i would do in your situation but i just wanted to add my .02 that whatever you choose is the right decision for tristan. you are his mama and your happiness is very important.

Pam, to you!! I hope today was better.

better go, my computer chair, even topped with a boppy, is still rough on my bum!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#85 of 87 Old 10-16-2004, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Add me to the list of "reading but not finding time to post"... I don't seem to find time for much of anything these days! Well, other than nursing, changing diapers, cleaning up spit-up, reading books, packing up diaper bags and car seats, etc... :LOL

I took Iain to my chiropractor on Thursday and he got an adjustment. He didn't throw up at all Thursday (though we saw her in the afternoon) or Friday. That's the first time in a week or ten days he hasn't thrown up at all! Jeremey (DH) was changing him for our party (see below!) and Iain flopped backwards pretty far - enough to make him cry and fuss for a bit. He vomited again a short while later. Sigh. Hopefully it's just 'cause of the backbend he did and he'll be okay after this. At least, perhaps another adjustment will fix whatever got messed up and he'll go back to being okay! Anyhow, we were at least encouraged by these last couple of days...

We had our "Welcome Baby" party today, and it went pretty well. I did some decorating with some dipes - it was cute. We didn't have nearly as many people as I thought would probably come, though at one point my living room was quite full, anyway! (It was an open house sort of thing, so we didn't have everyone all at once.) There were some people we really expected to be there that didn't show up or call, so we were disappointed in that. But, I'd been praying that just the right people would come - so I have to trust they did!

Iain actually slept through most of it in his bassinet that we'd moved into the living room. I kinda feel badly about that because not everyone got to see him as much as I'd hoped - I kinda thought for those who had already met him (most of those who came had) that they'd get to see him "in action" a bit more and that might be neat. But, he slept. It was great for me 'cause I was scurrying around picking up things and trying to keep a neat appearance for whomever would show up next. I did actually wake him up for some friends who hadn't ever seen him and whom I see rarely.

Is it weird to feel badly because people brought gifts? We got a couple of gift cards and some lovely things. Some of it I know people were wanting to do anyway and this just gave them an opportunity, but I'd hate it if anyone felt like they needed to give us a gift. KWIM? Especially with a party we hosted ourselves! I think everyone who came brought something. It was very thoughtful but I hate to feel like somehow we "asked" for it. Anyhow, I need to go dig up some thank you notes (or decide to stamp some) and get them out before I forget about it.

Well, we are all zonked from getting ready and running around all day. It's not even 9:30pm and I'm thinking bed sounds like a very good idea!!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#86 of 87 Old 10-16-2004, 11:43 PM

Chrissy it sounds like typical toddler behavior to me. Christopher can be like a light switch. Happy one second and totally pissed off the next second.

I know that you live in Greensboro. I am down in Charlotte. Maybe we should get together someday. Pam where in NC are you?

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#87 of 87 Old 10-17-2004, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

The mod is slowly moving through the due date clubs and announcing the need to move on to "Life with a Babe". We're next... so I thought I'd be proactive and move us over there before we get the boot. Here's the link to the new thread...

Get all of your good stuff saved now I guess!

Tristan, of course, had to save up his big poop - changing from breast milk to formula makes his system a little unhappy for a day or two - for our visit at our friends' house last night, and while we were changing him (everyone got involved, or at least watched), he had to pee on my friend. Nice! Unbelievably, she still held him after that!! And did you know (this is either tmi or it will make you laugh hysterically) that mustard colored bf poop + green iron-fortified formula poop makes fluorescent green poop?!!! We thought that we had overpacked the diaper bag with diapers, outfits and washcloths. Wrong! None left when we went home!

My MIL arrives tomorrow and is staying til Saturday. Wish me luck. She can be terribly hard to have a one-on-one conversation with. Luckily Jo is taking a couple of half-days, or maybe one full day so we can go to IKEA in the morning.

Tuesday night we sign adoption papers! Then all we're waiting for is our day in court!!!!!!!

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page