One last thread before we move on to "Life with a Babe"? 10/9 - 10/16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It seems that the babies have arrived!

IS THERE ANYONE LEFT? It seems as if we cannot quite keep track...

stay tuned

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#2 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 10:43 AM

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#3 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 11:05 AM

nak

we still havent heard anything from flowers (hillary)...
#4 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 11:18 AM

Can I suggest that whoever starts the 'Life With Babe' thread keep a roll call and maybe lnks to pictures? There were so many September mamas and I admit I have lost track of who goes with who.
#5 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

We're in the 3-4 hour stretch of Tristan being awake, alert and content and I love it! I get to have breakfast and take a shower, he sits in his Baby Björn bouncer/sitter and looks at everything and chirps.

ps could someone define 'aplix' for me?

#6 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 11:24 AM

I was keeping track, but I have lost all sense of anything! That is a good idea Linda...of course we will still ahve the yahoo group, I think that is easy to keep pics up at too!

Caroline
#7 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls
ps could someone define 'aplix' for me?

Aplix is the velcro-y stuff on the tabs of the aio's and covers....

C
#8 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 12:15 PM

Why hasn't anybody invented a nursing bra with velcro opening???

Why don't babies have LCD readouts on their forehead that tell you whether this screaming fit is due to gas or overtiredness?
#9 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantmommy
Why hasn't anybody invented a nursing bra with velcro opening???

Why don't babies have LCD readouts on their forehead that tell you whether this screaming fit is due to gas or overtiredness?
those are both really good questions.

j

#10 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 02:05 PM

You can get the Decent Exposures nursing bra with velcro: http://www.decentexposures.com/bra.shtml
#11 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 03:36 PM

Happy Weekend!!!

Anna, so good to hear your rash is doing better and the breast shields are gone!

So is anyone else's baby a flatulant little thing? Nessa can seriously compete in an adult farting competition. It doesn't seem to be all that bothersome to her, so I'm wondering if other babies are the same?

Also, can anyone give me instructions on how to loosen boogers with saline? It is ultra dry here and Nessa gets boogery at times, they are too dry to suction and I've heard you can loosen them with saline, but I have no idea how... I don't want to choke her. Any experienced booger looseners here?

Well, I hope the skies are just as sunny and blue for you all today, it is gorgeous here, going to a bbq.....

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#12 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 03:41 PM

that's cool! although it doesn't look like it would have enough support for me as day-wear. maybe for house-wear.
#13 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 03:43 PM

sheryl, use breastmilk instead of saline. works as well plus antibacterial! I just squirt 'em in the nose. ; )
#14 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 05:51 PM

Here are some pictures of my guys: http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBs27Fw3ZP_A

We went on a big outing to a pumpkin patch today and I had the unfortunate experience of bleeding so much that it leaked onto my pants Anyway, my husband is concerned and I can't remember how long the bleeding lasts. Generally it is a lot lighter, but it must have been all the walking/ baby carrying. Am I wrong not to be too concerned?

Chris
#15 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almama
...bleeding so much that it leaked onto my pants Anyway, my husband is concerned and I can't remember how long the bleeding lasts. Generally it is a lot lighter, but it must have been all the walking/ baby carrying. Am I wrong not to be too concerned?
personally, i wouldn't be very concerned, but would tell worried dh that this meant i needed to take the rest of the weekend very easy indeed.

i've pretty much stopped bleeding, myself. (but i had my baby 3 weeks before you had yours.) i still am leaking a touch of reddish brown fluid, but i'm so sick of pads that i'm just letting it stain my underwear. if i had any "panty liners" i'd probably use them, though.
#16 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregirl
So is anyone else's baby a flatulant little thing? Nessa can seriously compete in an adult farting competition.

Any experienced booger looseners here?
Sheryl! You are cracking me up here!!! Ha ha ha..... "Booger looseners"????

Yes, Mielle is also a monster farter, we were in the tub together earlier today and Jerome had to ask which one of us had just let one rip! i was afraid she was about to poop in the tub!

Well Mielle has woken up and is now trying to eat my arm.. i guess i better go nurse her instead of playing online!!
Love to all

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#17 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 06:57 PM

also wouldn't worry about the bleeding, but would also tell dh you need to take it easy, and you should. not that i'm following my own advice... started bleeding, just a bit but fresh blood, after cleaning today, despite not bleeding for a few days. dh has done virtually NO cleaning in the last 5+ weeks since Reid was born, and i can't stand it, and have overdone it.

and yup! reid is a larger than life farter, too!
#18 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 08:30 PM

I'm still waiting for my baby. I was due on the 29th. It has been very stressful dealing with the birth center's deadline (they toss me out if I'm not in labor by 12 a.m. Wednesday) and strangers' tactless and meshuggeneh comments; I've been told everything from how I'll have to have surgery to get out what they assume must be an enormous baby, to "the baby will die in there from being overcooked."

My midwife saw us this morning and thinks she'll see me again this weekend. I hope so.

chanale ✡, ❖bibliophile❖ ❇vegan❇ mom to diva (5½)
madly in with spiritwolf, dad to (9) & (5½)
#19 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 09:47 PM

Hey all!

Here's some more photos of our little angel... 5 weeks old in these pics... she'll be 6 weeks on Monday!!!!

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?...5atXSg&notag=1
Enjoy!

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#20 of 87 Old 10-09-2004, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanale
strangers' tactless and meshuggeneh comments; I've been told everything from how I'll have to have surgery to get out what they assume must be an enormous baby, to "the baby will die in there from being overcooked."
: People can be so TACTLESS!! Hang in there, it will all be worth it! Good luck and keep us posted!

#21 of 87 Old 10-10-2004, 01:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueviolet
You can get the Decent Exposures nursing bra with velcro: http://www.decentexposures.com/bra.shtml
How cool! Have you (or anyone else) tried these? How are they? They look really interesting - the velcro option, lots of sizes, various fabrics, and they come in my size! I currently have one decent nursing bra so I think it might be a good investment. :LOL

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#22 of 87 Old 10-10-2004, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

oh my, please tell me that this gets better.

I am so f*ing (fill in your own *) sick of feeding Tristan with this SNS. Granted I'm happy to be feeding him breast milk again now instead of formula, but we both get so frustrated with the SNS. His latch on the right side has gone completely down the drain, hopefully some cranio-sacral work at the chiropractor on Tuesday will help that... but when nighttime comes, I'm tired, he's fussy, my back hurts, I have a rash on my nipples and breasts from the adhesive on the tape to hold the tubes on... I just can't take it and I hit this downward spiral. I can't feed my baby. I couldn't even bring my baby into the world. If I had had him before medical technology and intervention I probably would have died and so would have he. If we both would have lived and no one would have been there to save our butts with spare milk, he'd die of starvation. And I lose faith in myself and my body and wonder just what the hell I'm doing, since obviously I was not meant to be a mother.

Of course if you look at the clock you know that it's probably tiredness talking. It's been a busy day but I got 2.5 hours by myself today. I did as you did, Steph, cranked the tunes and I opened the sunroof and the window and sang loudly to my German camp CD. My mom and Bob came over this evening, she brought a roast for dinner which was quite good.

I know, I shouldn't beat myself up, I'll be a great mother, i'm still adjusting and so is tristan, but I can't figure out what constructive lesson all of these setbacks are trying to teach me. Anyone see a hidden purpose in all of these difficulties?

I'm going to bed.

sigh, j

#23 of 87 Old 10-10-2004, 08:07 AM

Oh, Jen!!!

You are being an UNBELIEVABLE mother! Tristan is so lucky to have a mom so persistant in getting him the good stuff. I am in awe of everything you are doing, how well you are persevering. You are just an amazing person.

I know it's hard to see the good in this now, but someday you will, I'm sure. My first child taught me more than I could write, but the learning process was a struggle. Nevertheless I am a better parent and a better person for having mothered that baby.
#24 of 87 Old 10-10-2004, 12:43 PM

oh jen, you were definitely meant to be a mother!! you are working so hard to give tristan the very best of everything and you are doing an awesome job. i have no idea what you are meant to learn from this, but i do know that one day these struggles will be over. and it will happen sooner than you think. one day tristan will come home from doing an errand with jo and he'll run in the door looking for you screaming "mom!!" and when he finds you he'll throw himself into your arms and give you a big hug and a slimy little boy kiss and ALL this will have been worth it. all this that you guys are dealing with now- his birth that was so different from how you had planned, the nursing problems, the intense fatigue, the hormones, the guilt... all of it is so temporary. sending you lots of hugs and love,

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#25 of 87 Old 10-10-2004, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls
oh my, please tell me that this gets better.

when nighttime comes, I'm tired, he's fussy, my back hurts, I have a rash on my nipples and breasts from the adhesive on the tape to hold the tubes on... I just can't take it and I hit this downward spiral.
And I lose faith in myself and my body and wonder just what the hell I'm doing, since obviously I was not meant to be a mother.
Anyone see a hidden purpose in all of these difficulties?
Hang in there Jen! Yes, it does get better! really it does! I was feeling those same kinds of things about a week or 2 ago. Different specifics, but the same underlying feeling.

Please don't lose faith in yourself and in your body... you are indeed meant to be a mother, you've just had a really long hard road to travel in order to get here. It's a damn shame the birth ended up being so very difficult especially considering how much research and preparation you put into becoming a mother!

No, i don't see some hidden purpose, life just isn't fair sometimes! But maybe it is preparing you for something later in life. I know that I have grown a lot as a woman by becoming Mielle's mommy..... have patience and don't be so hard on yourself! We all believe in you, and I'm certain Tristan feels the same way. You provide him with love and tender care, you brought him into this world with courage and compassion. Now give yourself some of that compassion, you deserve it!

P.S. Good luck with the milk stimulating meds!

#26 of 87 Old 10-10-2004, 02:44 PM

Jen - I think you are really doing an amazing job! Tristan is gorgeous and is so lucky to have you as a mom. I promise that a month from now, you won't remember how rough it is right now. You are making all the right choices for him!

Chris - Your children are beautiful. BTW, Jack has the same spaceship pjs. Don't you love them? We got our's at Costco and are sad they don't carry that brand anymore.

Anna - Jerome looks so darling and proud in the first pic with Mielle in the sling!

My sister is in town from NC for the week to help me out and we all went to a big art fest this morning. Jack painted a gorgeous picture - I think I'm going to have it framed. The people doing to kids art stuff wouldn't let parents into the tent because of space issues, which I can understand, but told them there should be an exception for children under a certain age. When I said that, the woman had the nerve to tell me, "If you don't think he is capable of doing it on his own, he shouldn't be in here anyway." In a VERY nasty tone. Wow, really makes me want to send my child to her art classes, huh?

Now this afternoon, I'm getting my sister to watch Jack (nice, right? come to town now babysit my kid) while John and I go with Lucy to a movie. First movie since Christmastime,
woo-hoo!!!
#27 of 87 Old 10-11-2004, 10:00 AM

Chrissy,

I know this is a late response, but I wanted to say that we wont be getting the flu shots this year. We never have and have never gotten the flu either. I dont really understand how this vaccine is supposed to provide protection, because isnt it made with the virus from the year prior? But the virus changes every year?

We dont do any vaccines, but this is one that I dont know much about... I personally get more stressed out about pertussis since there are outbreaks in my area every year.
#28 of 87 Old 10-11-2004, 01:05 PM

nak

jen, you are so obviously MEANT to be a mother!! the mystery behind our challenges may never be clear, but we only get what we can handle (even if we don't think we can). the universe works in strange ways, but tristan picked you and all the stuff that comes in that package. hang in there, i totally understand the meltdown hour and how it gets to you. being a mama is such a new and different world, and it would not have come to you if you weren't meant for it.

well, nessa is 6 weeks old as of yesterday, time has definitely taken on a different feel, the month of september has no shape in my memory. i can't believe how different she is already, and how much she'll change in the coming weeks/months. wow.

happy monday, enjoy those sweet baby faces.

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#29 of 87 Old 10-11-2004, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2baldie
I personally get more stressed out about pertussis since there are outbreaks in my area every year.
here too, whooping cough seems to be making a comeback. 2 kids at my school had it last summer.

to other co-sleeping families: what do you dress your baby in to sleep? tristan seems to absorb so much of my body heat, plus he sleeps on a puddle pad (with a cotton cloth over it) which seems to insulate him a lot. yet he snuggles up SO close. I always wake up to find him snuggled along my side, under my arm. he usually only has our sheet plus a light cotton flannel blankie over him. last night i dressed him in a onesie but he still felt so warm this morning. tips? tia.

well, one sleeping baby here, i hate it when he suckles to sleep, his mouth falls open and all that milk drips down his cheek, my arm, my shirt... swallow, little boy!!! precious, rare mama's milk! i spose i should throw some nappies at the washer while i have the chance.

j

#30 of 87 Old 10-11-2004, 04:23 PM

I bundle Rowan up pretty well, but our house is cold. If he's not complaining, you're probably dressing him just right!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page