Mothering Forum banner

October Mamas--week of March 22nd

8K views 69 replies 20 participants last post by  momadance 
#1 ·
Well, not sure where Piglet got to; but, I'll do it!

Roll Call

momtol&a
chrissy 09/28 (honorary October mom!)
snugglebutter 10/01
mirthfulmum 10/03
FutureMama 10/04
TracyK 10/04
mhurst 10/04
kraftykathy 10/04
water 10/06
allformyboys 10/11
Lucysmama 10/12
bendmom 10/12
momadance 10/13
wannabmommie 10/18
Piglet68 10/18
BeauGeek 10/20
BeansMomma 10/20
CourtneyandLogan 10/21
ScooterMama1 10/21
Stanleymama 10/23
3boyz4us 10/24
aspiring mama 10/25
truebluexf 10/27
ameliabedelia 10/29
flitters 10/30
Soogie 10/31
AnnR33 10/31

Well, me and Piglet aare about to be 11 weeks!
Nausea is subsiding, I have even gone w/o my bracelet! I mean it goes sooooooooo well with everything.
I have heaved though, thinking I'm gonna toss. Now, my blessings consist of, "Lord, please let this stay down." He answers! \o/

Question: Weeeeeeeell...what can I ask....who has gas? :LOL Wow! I contributed to air pollution all last night and dh got *up and told me I was disgusting!
: I felt this *awful anal pressure and when I shot the breeze I felt better.

I think more of a ladylike question would be fess up! who's bought something!

I've got a rings rattle, 2 diaper gardens, and some sugarplumbabies I just got last week. I think that's it. I got a bottle cleaner, since I needed one for my water bottle, I just got one for bottles. Now I'm
so..I guess I'll just use it for the water bottles.

God bless your families and those blessing from God inside of you!
Its starting to hit me and I have been so thankful! And
to our new mamas! OK, chat away!

See less See more
#28 ·
Hello ladies!

Ugh. Last night was the second in a row of this weird insomnia I'm having. I wake up at 4 am and I'm sooooo tired but I cannot fall back asleep until dawn. Then DD wakes up and that's it. DH has been so sweet, trying to distract her so I can sleep some more. This morning she was SO needy of me, I ended up going back to bed at 9:30 and sleeping until 11!

I'm still feeling that icky feeling. Like Futuremama said, healthy eating is a secondary issue, it's more about "what do I feel like eating that doesn't make me instantly want to barf"! Less than 2 weeks before I enter the 2nd trimester - I'm hoping it disappears as instantly as they say!

Oh, I have to get this off my chest and whine (get out your tiny violins everybody): I want to buy diapers and slings but I'm SOOOO BROKE right now!!!
We're trying to pay off some debt so we're on a strict budget. BUT...we're also selling some property and as soon as it comes through I'm going on a DIAPER SHOPPING SPREE!!! And if it doesn't sell in time, I'm just going to bite the bullet and hit my mother up for an advance, lol. So I just have to hang in there. WAAAAHHH!

edited to add: I'm sorry if I slagged Cleveland - I'm in a real bad head space right now with wanting to be back home. I *am* however, releived to hear they have Orangina. I asked at Giant Eagle and the guy had never heard of it. Should have known better to just check the imports aisle. YUM!!!!

#29 ·
Just wanted to post that I had my first prenatal today and we heard the heartbeat for the first time! Yay! It took some searchin' but she finally found it loud and clear at 155bpm. Ds was so good during the appointment, he even learned the word "speculum." It was such a great experience and such a relief to know that everything checked out okay.

As far as gas goes, I get a lot of that upper dig. tract gas too, and it's so painful. I try to burp a lot to prevent the agony of waiting for it to work it's way out. Seems to be getting better though. I'm in such a good mood today! I really do have a little baby living inside of me. I'm in love with it already.

#30 ·
Well I had my first mw pre-natal visit today. I'm not overly excited about this practice. I did get to hear the baby though! So nice! I've been secretly nervous. I have a close friend who was just a week behind me and last week at her mw appointment they couldn't find the hb. Well after ALOT of ultrasound time they discovered baby looked good and properly developed, it just wasn't living.
It makes me so sad. We were totally excited to have 2 more babies so close in age. Everything for a reason and in time I guess.
My little man is wearing my OUT

In 2 weeks DH is going to be out of town M-F and I am DREADING IT!

#31 ·
Piglet- I don't mid if you're down about Cleveland right now! Just wanted to let you know that it DOES get nicer here, and we DO have Orangina.

I went to an Old Navy with Maternity in my area and got a couple of nice things. I REALLY REALLY needed them!

And, while we were there, my 2 year old pointed her finger at me and said very seriously, " You are my BEST Mommy." And I needed that, too.

#32 ·
I'm so happy for you all who've gotten to hear the heart beat already
. I still have 6 more days to go before my midwife appointment and I get to hear my little one's heart beat. Ugg I feel like I've been waiting for ever!

It's heart breaking to read about your friend mommadance. I have to admit that having the same thing happen to me is that horrible nagging fear I have way in the back of my mind.
s to your friend.

I've had 2 whole days of no nausea!!!
I don't want to jinx anything but I'm starting to feel normal (well pregnant normal) again. I actually ate dinner last night and had a normal helping AND was hungry for more! This pregnacy's nausea seems to be following the same pattern as it did with my son. Like last time I got really, really sick (I mean couldn't stomach anythign sick) for two days and then *poof* nausea gone. Almost like the first trimester's having one last hurrah.

Oh and I just wanted to chime in on the Orangina subject. YUM YUM! Love it! It's my special little treat to myself from time to time.

#34 ·
Momadance-

Go for the jean jacket if it's your style! I wore mine all day and it is soooo comfy and it looks really cute!
It was a splurge, but I think it'll go with pretty much everything I have, I and bet I can wear it till the 7th month or so.
I also got a pink sweater hoodie-thing and some cargo pants.

#35 ·
I am just a tiny wave, A minor ripple out at sea
Moving slowly towards the shore, burdened with uncertainty
I'm gaining power, losing speed, womdering as I near your door
Will you hold it open for this tidal wave aproaching shore?

Youve become an Island, in the hazy world surrounging me
Offering a vast reward, eachtime I safely cross the sea
Far too often I become lost, in the fog and haze
Cllinging still against my will, to promises of clearer days

I am just a raindrop that accelerates without control
Losing bits and pieces in decent 'til I'm no longer whole
I am just another shooting star, above that you may see

Until I have your full attention, I'll be anything but Me

I thought these lyrics were just perfect for where are babys are in the developmental scheme of things. (there point of view I guess)

I found this very moving.

happy day to all!

#36 ·
Ok. here's the skinny on why I wasn't crazy about the mw I met with yesterday. We were discussing pre-natal testing and she starts rattling off all the test I WILL have. When shes finished I say " But of course if I don't want any of these that's ok too. I'm not interested in any, and at the top of that is the strep B" her response " Well, we'll do everything we can to convince you that it's best for your baby" Me " well, I tested positive while pregnate with Miles, was given an IV of antibiotics and Miles still became sepsis and was given SHOTS twice a day for 2 weeks of an anti-biotic" Her " I understand you may be concerned about mobility..." uh what's that? did you not hear my son was exposed twice to anti's befor he was 2 days old!!!!????????? Are you listening? and she closes with "well the last thing any of us want is a dead baby!" WTF!??

As I'm posting this she just called and told me she'd like to make clear it's her position that I won't be tested for the strep B, I'll automatically be put on anti's. Is that a problem for me? Uh yes mam it's a problem! So ends our relationship and the search continues!

Unbelievable!

#38 ·
I've never experienced gas like this! With ds it wasn't this bad, now it's every ten min

when we were at the coast this last week, ds kept walking up to people and telling them that mom likes to fart
:

I think I just got my first case of hemorrhoids too. This is the worst feeling ever! Driving to the coast and back I thought I was going to die.

Does anyone here suffer from gestational diabetes? I've been going crazy when I don't eat for a while, I get really slugish and my mind goes south. I have low bs, but this is totally dif. One of my clients was telling me about her husband being type 2 and it's 90 percent controlled by diet. When she started telling me his symptoms, it sounded like what I had. I have an appt. with the doc. again soon, but I can't stop worring about it.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting lots of rest

Becca

#39 ·
Momadance-
You did the right thing firing your midwife.
How insensitive of her!!!

Good luck on your search for a new midwife...

When I was pregnant with my dd, I switched at 22wks to a practice with half midwives and half OBs. I figured I could get the best of borth worlds...I thought the OBs were probably pretty progressive to work with MWs, and if something "happened" I could have an OB as my backup. Grrrrr...the midwives were just like standard OBs, forcing tests on me, giving me internals every couple of weeks, and abandoning me in labor and conforming to hospital protocol instead of the midwives model of care. It sucked sooooo bad. This time, I found a Direct Entry Midwife. Coule you look for one of those in your area instead of a CNM? Nurse Midwives are often very similar to OBs, nurse practitioners, and nurses. (BUT Not always, of course!)

#40 ·
Momadance - Good for you on looking for a new midwife. That one definately sounds like a problem!

Gas - Well, if I was experiencing more, at least I'd have some ammo against hubby's , hee-hee! I always tease my hubby for having sympathy flatulence, lol!

Had our first real midwife appointment and it was great! There are 3 midwives who work from the clinic and we will get a chance to get to know all three of them. It's very casual with a cosy atmosphere there. I think it's going to be great!

I'm going to revise my due date again. It's actually Oct 8. I am at 12 weeks todayaccording to the midwives wheel.!

We got to hear the
! 160 bpm.
I really didn't think they would be able to find it, but they did! What a wonderful sound! I'm so excited now because of it!
Hope everyone is having a great week!!!

Kathy

#41 ·
Hi everyone!! Been away in freezing Boston for the week....we arrived to 10 inches of snow!!! DS got to play in snow for the first time which was neat (though he was really not impressed by it) but I am glad to be back in the warmth.

M/s is taking it's toll. For the first time the other night, I really really thought I was going to throw up. It has moved from generalized ickiness all day to some daytime ickiness that gradually increases as the day progresses til I feel like total crap at night. I'm 9 weeks now, I really hope it lets up soon. And I'm so tired I'm going crazy. I have to pee 3x a night.

#42 ·
hi!

i'm happy to hear that some of you are starting to have a break from your morning sickness! like truebluexf i'll be 9 weeks tomorrow and mine is still mostly getting worse. i'm not actually puking which is nice, but mostly i don't feel good and it's hard to eat but i'm sort of constantly hungry. mine is worst around dinner and bedtime too. i'm looking forward to liking food (and sex) again but it makes me smile as it constantly reminds me that i'm pregnant! (as if i'd forget...)

kraftykrafty and everyone who has heard the heartbeat already - congratulations! that is so exciting! i'm really looking forward to my appointment in 1 week when my midwife is planning to listen for sproglets heartbeat. i'll be one day shy of 10 weeks at the time (or a couple over if you go by LMP) so it's a bit early but i hope she can find it.

my brain has felt all mushy lately too. i've had to work extra hard to get my work done. it's really hard for me to concentrate when i'm constantly thinking, "yay i'm pregnant!!!" oh - and wannabmommie - your story about making up the words singing cracked me up!

and i'm also excited to grow enough to need to go get some maternity clothes! old navy is my store of choice too but i think it'll be another few weeks - my pants aren't even tight at all since i normally wear them loose.

i hope everyone is doing well!

#43 ·
Well, I hate to say it yall....week 9 was the *worst * week! :puke
But, its only one week....

I'm not sure our Old Navy has maternity....are yall in larger areas? I be needing some pants for church. The rubber band trick is failin me. dh found my rubber band at the altar and last night it broke!
I need to break down and get some real mat pants.
:

#45 ·
momdance, I am sorry to hear about your friend's baby and your problems with the midwife, I hope you can find someone good soon.

I am 9 weeks today!! YAY!! Either next Friday, or early next week I will have my first pre-natal visit with the mw, and I am keeping my fingers crossed to hear a hb. I can't wait to hear the hb!!! After that, we are going to start telling people. We have only told a very few people now!

#46 ·
I ordered a bathing suit from Old Navy.com last night. I got the black halter top one. Super cute. Looking forward to our pool opening up. Its 78degrees here today and feels WONDERFUL! I bought some of the nylon type cream colored pants from ON yesterday in the store and I highly recomend them! I have them on right now and they are low wasted so there great for 1st tri - 3rd. Plus there light weight for my anti-shorts days I know I'll have being a pregasaurus this summer!

hope all you ms sufferers are outa the woods soon!

#49 ·
Hello Ladies - This week's topic is cracking me up. Most of my gas has been in the form of burps - and lots of them. I actually caught myself burping loud and proud in a work meeting the other day. Thankfully, there was only one person in the room at the time and she knows I'm pregnant. We had a good laugh over that one.

Haven't bought any baby things or maternity clothes yet, but I've definitely put my toe into the water to see what's out there. I have a good friend who is a month ahead of me, she's raving about the pants with the three-inch stretchy bands at the top. Some clothes aren't fitting anymore, but I still have plenty that are on the 'big' side that are still working for me. (But personally, I can't wait to get into maternity closthes - silly, eh?)
:

We had our 2nd visit to the OB today. She tried to hear the heartbeat, but says it's pretty hard to find until about 12 weeks. We're at about 10.5 weeks today, so she was very assuring this is normal.

I had a vaginal ultrasound during my first visit, so we know it's only one baby and progressing right along.

#50 ·
Hello...

I am 10 weeks now and my m/s is just starting to let up some. I am very excited about everyones posts that they are starting to feel better. The orangina (that everyone was talking about) sounds really good... I have been making a yummy lemonade mixture that my son loves. I will pass it along, since it also seems to make my tummy feel better.

Toddler lemonade
2 Tbsp White grape juice concentrate
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
1 1/2 cups water or sparkling water

I usually mix this up with a few ice cubes and it tastes delicious! It reminds me a lot of Lemon Recharge.

I am feeling really pregnant this week. Only one person at work has guessed that I am pregnant so far, but it was only because I was caught eating smoked oysters.
I bought a pair of maternity jeans, because I cannot stand to have any pressure on my abdomen and I have already had a number of drama queen mornings where I threw myself on my bed in tears because I had nothing to wear and just looked fat. (It seems so silly to type this when I am not having a drama moment
).It will be nice when everyone knows that I am pregnant in a few more weeks. We are planning on waiting until 12 weeks, when we try to listen for the heartbeat for the first time.

I have been quite gassy too, but only when I eat green vegtables or dairy products. Theoretically I should be able to avoid these foods and be ok, but I crave them!

It is good to hear that everyone is doing so well! Sleep well...

Pamela

#51 ·
Old Navy does have great maternity clothes. I went shopping there a few weeks ago and am loving the couple of items I bought. I bought the same pants that you have momadance except in the olive green. I would heartily recomend them to anyone. They are soooooo comfy! Although I have my suspicions about them fitting all the way through the thrid trimester.

It has been almost a week since I've had any nausea problems
!!! It is so nice to able to cook dinner without having to quit because the smells are making me sick. And I can actually eat almost anything I want again (just as long as it is not too oniony or garlicy).

But there has been a tradeoff. Since my nausea has gone I have now developed the worst skin. My forhead, nose and chin have been breaking out like crazy and I've even found a few spots on my chest. I can't believe how oily my face is. My skin was never this bad in high school. So much for that lovely pregnancy glow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.