Ctmom70 10/24
aspiring mama 10/25
truebluexf 10/27
ameliabedelia 10/29
flitters 10/30
Soogie 10/31
AnnR33 10/31
kama'aina mama 10/31

Good Morning, everyone! Hope you had a nice weekend.

We had a wonderful evening Saturday. Went out for dinner with my boss and his family (super nice people). We didn't know how DD would be, but she was awesome!! Not only did she stay occupied the whole time with her sippy cup and "happy fries", lol, but she ended up falling asleep in my lap! We were able to stay to watch the whole basketball game (DH's alma mater is Georgia Tech!) and had such a wonderful time! It's amazing how you appreciate the little things in life so much more when you are a parent, lol.

So, time for the Question of the Week:

What has your DH/partner done for you to help make this PG easier?

Mine has been very good. Even though he is at home with DD during the week, he makes sure I get a good afternoon nap on Saturdays and Sundays (usually I'm with DD, but if she won't go for it he takes her). I also had this routine of taking DD out every Sunday, just us girls, so DH could have some time alone. I hadn't done that in over three weeks due to being so tired. He never complained!

So, that's my brag!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#2 of 42 Old 04-05-2004, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello mama's!
We had a great wekend. We took a drive into the mountains and did some rockclimbing and it was just beautiful! I couldn't do any climbing (I haven't done it in a lOOOONGG time) but it was nice to hike some peaks and enjoy lounging in the sun on the rocks.

Sunday we attended another UU service. It's such a positive place. Then we went down to the Dogwood festival. It's one of the nations largest art festivals and they have tons of kids stuff and a dog competition. It was tons of fun. Atlanta is so great!

QOTW: Dh has been great this pg. Everynight he takes time to massage my belly with Beautiful Belly Balm and any other place I request. He's been really awesome. This week he's out of town to NYC M-F and that's going to be pretty rough. My task while he's gone is to pick out a King size bed to accomodate me, my belly, dh, and ds. (and the new edd.) so that softens the blow of him being gone!

I had a dream last night I miscarried.. It was awful

#3 of 42 Old 04-05-2004, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Saturday was the Silent Auction for my DD's preschool. I went, DH babysat a couple other kids so their parents could go. It was a fun event, though a little disorganized at times.

QOTW: So far it has mostly been helping me deal with my morning sickness. There have been many days where I can either cook or eat but not both. Looking at the food that long just starts to work the wrong responses. So we are eatting too much take out and he is being really mellow about it. Also it has not been uncommon for me to suddenly excuse myself from the table about 2/3 of the way through the meal and not come back to help clean up. His only response is to ask me if there is anything he can do to help me.
#4 of 42 Old 04-05-2004, 04:37 PM

Had a relaxing weekend reading. IT was so nice. I don't always get a chance to read and I enjoy it so much.

We also just got a great deal on a new mini-van that we were in dire need of. It is so nice and I am so thankful.

QOTW- Well dh works 3 12 hr. shifts during the week so he is home quite a bit, though busy do school work. I would say he has done more with the boys and getting up with them in the mornings so I can get some extra shut-eye. He is always very understanding if I don't feel up to making dinner and he steps in and helps me out.

Have a great week everyone!
#5 of 42 Old 04-05-2004, 06:06 PM

I had my first midwife appt. today. They tried to hear a heartbeat but weren't able too . I was crushed. They kept saying that it was really early ( I am just 10 weeks), and that sometimes they can hear it that early and sometimes they can't, no reason to worry, but I am still worried. This may have been dumb, but I signed up to rent a doppler machine, so I can try to hear the hb myself, in a week or so. I just don't want to wait a whole other month to hear my baby. I NEED that reassurance that everything is okay. Plus, I really don't want to tell everyone until I can hear a hb, and I am dying to tell everyone!

QOTW: Hard to say, since I have felt pretty good this pregnancy, it hasn't been too hard. The main thing is, I am tired, so I have been going to bed early, and such. He is really good about brining me food and water if I am hungry or thirsty in the middle of the night. He has also been spending lots of time with DD when I am home, so I can rest.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#6 of 42 Old 04-05-2004, 06:50 PM

Gals, I'm still waiting for that "pregnancy glow"!!! All I have so far is a "pimply pregnancy pallor"!!! Lol!

QOTW: My husband has been fantastic! This is our first, and I really didn't know how he would react, but he's done everything for me. He cooks, cleans, gets me chicken wings at 11PM (mmmm...), lets me sleep whenever I want, and doesn't get disgusted by me throwing up in the bushes when we're just walking across campus (yuck!)! However, I'm noticing he's also very grateful that I'm finally getting over the m/s!

momadance: I just started going UU services and love it! It's all very positive and open-minded! Glad you enjoy it!

Have a good week everyone!
#7 of 42 Old 04-05-2004, 06:55 PM

ameliabedelia, I'm so sorry you couldn't hear the heartbeat!!! Do you think maybe you can schedule another appt. with your midwife in 2 weeks, rather than in 4? I don't really have any advice to offer, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you!
#8 of 42 Old 04-05-2004, 08:42 PM

Hello fellow pumpkin bumps. (Not really pumkin bellies yet!)

We had a nice weekend too, spent lots of time outside, with DH doing lots of yardwork. Dh is really great, he is patient and understanding about things like dinner and housework. Quite often I surprise him by having planned with my parents for us to have dinner at thier place, which he doesn't mind as he gets along with them but I know after a long day at work he'd rather veg out at home then spend the evening at their place yet again. I am just thankful to get out of cooking these days, though it is getting better finally. This weekend Dh did the vacuuming and laundry too!
#9 of 42 Old 04-05-2004, 08:48 PM

ameliabadelia- just wanted to say don't worry. We almost didn't find a heartbeat at my 10 week appointment. She wasn't pushing down that hard with the doppler (cause she knew I had to pee, even though I had just gone 10 min. before : ) She tried for what seemed like forever, and nothing. She was confused since I'm "so thin" and she was talking about doing an ultrasound just to make sure everything's okay. But, she let me use the restroom and when I came back she could push down really hard with the doppler and then found it right away. It's possible that you could have a tilted uterus or maybe the baby is implanted in the back of the uterus and it's just hard to hear this early. I'm sure everything will be fine.

We had a nice relaxing weekend. Ds went on his first easter egg hunt and that was fun to watch. Dh located a giant ant nest in the back of the yard and killed thousands of teeming ants - so he's proud of himself. I pretty much just laid around and ate food.

QOTW - Dh was really helpful during the m/s stuff - he actually started cooking meals and feeding ds, and doing a lot of the grocery shopping. He also did the craving runs for me (and himself).

I've been a little, okay a lot irritable lately and I'm blaming pregnancy. It's mainly dh, every little thing he does makes me cringe - he just seems really loud and abnoxious to me lately. He says every single thought and complaint that comes into his head and bangs every last cabinet and dish- and I'm like, "can you just be quiet for 5 minutes!" I really need to get out alone somewhere, but I just don't know where to go. I know it's the pregancy cause I don't think he used to annoy me this much.

And I've also all of the sudden gotten really really excited about having a new baby. I can just smell all that milk and almost feel that chubby squishy baby. I'm so excited.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#10 of 42 Old 04-05-2004, 11:25 PM

Courtney - You are not alone, hon. I have a case of I Think I Hate My Husband. He is really great, and does so much, but he has been so annoying to me lately. Tonight I was soooooo snarky with him. I feel really bad, but I was ready to shake him, I swear. He has ADD, and he can't remember about 50% of what I say...I am getting so irritated at having to repeat myself all of the time, of reminding him he needs to finish his research paper, and of telling him over and over that yes, we have plans on Saturday.

Pregnancy is not a time of patience for me. It's like I have been injected with truth serum and I am incapable of bullshit. If someone annoys me, I let them know in no uncertain terms. : I don't know if I have any redeeming social qualities during pregnancy, now that I think about it. :LOL

Amelia - I posted about the doppler in Pregnancy After a Loss.

QOTW: My dh is really great. He gets up with Lu every morning so I can sleep in till at least 10. He does all of the dishes and diaper laundry, since doing those makes me wanna ralph. He is also very understanding about my lack of libido, and is cool with me needing more time to myself than usual. I have had a pretty short fuse lately, and he tries not to piss me off, and takes Lu for a hike when she is being tantrumy. In short, he's wonderful. (I wonder why I find him so annoying? : )
#11 of 42 Old 04-06-2004, 01:34 AM

We went for our appointment today (this Thursday I was going to be 12 weeks) and we got some bad news. The baby has died. The nurse couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler, then the Doctor couldn't find the heartbeat with an ultrasound. When she measured the baby it was very small for it's age (8 1/2 weeks), but my gestational sac was 11 weeks, 3 days (right on track). I went back later in the afternoon with a friend and they did another ultrasound to reconfirm.

The doctor gave me three options. Have the miscarriage naturally, use Cytotec, or have a D&C. My husband and I are choosing to have a natural miscarriage. Sooo...

Have wonderful pregnancies women! I will think of you often.

Pamela

Mama to ds (8 yrs), ds (5 yrs), ds (3 yrs) and ds (3 yrs).
#12 of 42 Old 04-06-2004, 09:49 AM

oh, Pamela! (((((hug))))) i am so sorry to hear of your loss. my heart just sank when i read your post. please take it easy and get lots of rest.

#13 of 42 Old 04-06-2004, 10:57 AM

Pamela, I am so sorry for your loss! You are in my thoughts.
#14 of 42 Old 04-06-2004, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Oh Pamela, honey....I'm so very very sorry...

Take care of yourself, and please let us know how everything goes. If you need any support during your miscarriage, please visit the Pregnancy and Birth Loss forum - there are some wonderful mamas there who have BTDT. My heart goes out to you and your family.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#15 of 42 Old 04-06-2004, 11:32 AM

so sorry Pamela.

Ameliabedelia -- ask your midwife if you can come in for a heartbeat check sooner! My midwife told me to give her a call whenever I'm in her area when I hit 12 weeks.

M/s is FINALLY leaving me, thank goodness!! I'm still exhausted but at least I'm not sick to boot! And I graduated to maternity shirts this weekend. I still can't quite fit my pants right (I think I need to go online and order a couple pairs of new shorts that aren't "prestretched" LOL) but my tops were starting to make me look like a fat girl trying to fit into a skinny girl's clothes LOL. (think about Chris Farley "Fat guy in a little coat, fat guy in a little coat") I'm just making it in a couple pairs of bigger low cut shorts at the moment.

QOTW -- DH has been good about picking up the slack for me, taking DS out to play so I can nap, etc. I guess I can't complain too much!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#16 of 42 Old 04-06-2004, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Well, yesterday my DH looked at me and said "wow, your belly has just suddenly POPPED!". It's true. I really, truly look pregnant now. I love it!

I'm also thinking that I'm going to need maternity shirts soon. What I don't like about the normal ones is that the front part ends up higher than the back part, lol. Luckily, my Dad is arriving this Saturday to visit and he's bringing a suitcase full of my maternity clothes, so I'll have some new clothes to wear next week!

I've been sorta moody lately, too. At work I'm finding it really hard to get motivated, and I'm spending waaaaaayyy too much time online.

#17 of 42 Old 04-06-2004, 03:12 PM

i'm so sorry for your loss pamela. i hope you find comfort and support and time to heal.

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#18 of 42 Old 04-06-2004, 03:18 PM

oh, i forgot the QOTW.

dh is absolutely wonderful. he has been doing more than his share of the housework and has been extremely supportive and excited. he normally does 99% (at least) of the cooking and he tried to find food that fits into the narrow selection of options given my constantly changing daily aversions. he's also been very patient about my lack of sex drive but i think that's what he misses the most. it's cute - i think he's also taking extra care when we walk and stuff to make sure i don't crash into things and trip (i'm rather clumsy). i feel extremely lucky - he's just wonderful.

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#19 of 42 Old 04-06-2004, 05:55 PM

I'm so sorry Pamela. I lost my first pregnancy at 12 weeks, 10 years ago. I really feel for you. Take good care of yourself, okay? Hugs to you.

Kathy

kathy::
#20 of 42 Old 04-06-2004, 06:01 PM

Thanks for all of the nice words. I am feeling a quite blue, since my body still feels very pregnant. I am going to move to the pregnancy loss thread so that I don't depress you all. Bye...

Pamela

Mama to ds (8 yrs), ds (5 yrs), ds (3 yrs) and ds (3 yrs).
#21 of 42 Old 04-06-2004, 06:08 PM

QOTW - My husband has taken over making the meals ever since I started to feel ill. He tended to do about half of the cooking before, he loves to cook, but he's been really helpful. When I was at my worst, he was quick to offer to do my farm chores since I couldn't tolerate the smell in the chicken barn. I'm back to the barn work now since doing a bit of physical work makes me feel better now.

My belly is growing too! I'm about 14 weeks now. Second trimester here I come! Sometimes when I'm laying down I can feel my uterus and it feels like a big cantelope. When I was pregnant with my son I felt movements around 16 weeks, so hopefully soon I'll feel something. I can't wait for that!

I've been feeling so much better lately. The last couple of nights I've been able to stay up and watch the news and it hasn't wiped me out to do that, lol! I feel a lot more like my usual self. It's so nice because it's so much easier to get excited about the baby without the nausea. I'm getting very excited about cloth diapers (I plan to sew them this summer) and slings and breastfeeding. It's going to be nice to be back in that phase of mothering again.

Kathy

kathy::
#22 of 42 Old 04-06-2004, 06:30 PM

Pamela, I am so sorry s

Well, I got the rented doppler today and very briefly registered a hb of 132, so that reassured me. It was a little more to the right than the mw looked. I am sending the doppler back, and getting my moneyt back.I don't want to be tempted to use it too much, since I am slightly worried about exposure. She looked in a narrow range, and I think my uterus is slightly to the right. I also *think* I have felt movment. I am still really early, 10weeks 4 days, but I have felt a definite fluttery, crawly sensation in the uterine area. Not positive it is movement, but I *think* so.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#23 of 42 Old 04-06-2004, 09:29 PM

Hey girls. I forgot that I won't get Oct notifies b/c its a new thread!

I was reading the posts and then I saw the condolences and I was like oh no! My heart aches for Pam and then it sends shockwaves through you. I have to remember that the Lord is protecting this baby inside of me. I would like to hear a hb though. Fetoscope is avail. I forgot to ask when I can hear.

This weekend was busy! ag Men's fellowship for dh and women's fellowship with women at an assisted living center for me. And then maternity pants shopping. Some of you may have seen my rant. After looking at some plus size sites. I think Penneys is my best bet at least in the way of fashionable and fit, yet there are children making my clothing overseas. :

Sunday was horribly tiring. It was two service Sunday at my independent (not affiliated with a denom), evangelical Christian church. I got up to pee twice Sat. night and then I was dreaming of altercations in the maternity store. (I must have still been when I went to bed) I was glad to be in a reclined position at the end of the night!

Dh...what can I say. Thank God for him! \o/ He has been researching pg and tells me what he finds out. And he's not coming back with mainstream trash either. I had to ask him for Peggy's new book back from him so *I could read it! He went on the web and found plus sized sites for me after my ordeal Saturday. I'm getting away with murder. I do *nothing, and he *spoils me even *more than pre-pg! I should *really stop taking advantage. :mischeif He's *so involved. *So hands on. I am *so blessed!

I cancelled the appt with the mw practice I had for today. I have an appt with the family practice Thursday. The first appt is with the practice coordinator, she is a nurse, and a LC I think. Pinky, a Nov mama? recommended the practice and gave me her number. She was great. Sounds like this is what I'm looking for. I have a 2 hr initial. Info...questions, etc with her Thursday. I'm looking forward to it. I have to get my charts and questions and supplements, although taking all prenatals have been challenge enough, again......and I *still plan to transfer when we move before the baby's born.

Well, that's the latest! I think this couch is uncomfortable. I think I'm gonna move to the bed.
#24 of 42 Old 04-07-2004, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

I think I have a cold. ugh.

And...I'm really bummed b/c it was taco salad bar at our cafeteria today. I'ts really yummy, with fresh tomatos, lettuce, onions, cheese and hot sauce! I've been looking forward to it allll week.

so of course I am having morning sickness today and I can't even look at it without feeling queazy. So I ended up with soup.

when will this end???? I'm over 12 weeks now!!!!

#25 of 42 Old 04-07-2004, 05:36 PM

Newbie here..I hope you don't me jumping in.

11 wks and I have been very lucky with morning sickness..I have had none : This is weird for me..with my daughter I was very sick and had heartburn all the time. Anyone else like this? I'm not complaining but find it strange. I had a appointment on Tuesday and my mw couldn't heart the heartbeat and she knew not to send me away without me atleast see the baby. I got an extra ultrasound and got to see the heartbeating instead of hearing...fine with me. I love my midwife for that reason...she knew I would worry myself if I didn't get to hear or see the heartbeat.

My husband let me sleep in all weekend...that was very nice!!
Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
#26 of 42 Old 04-07-2004, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Piglet68

when will this end???? I'm over 12 weeks now!!!!
I'm sorry you are so sick...HUGS
#27 of 42 Old 04-07-2004, 10:17 PM

Hello all! Had a very, very busy weekend (was in a workshop all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and am still trying to recouperate. I only just today got it together enough to get back to the boards. So let me play catch up.

Quote:
by Piglet: Btw, having not birthed in BC yet, do you get to choose your hospital (based on your choice of OB I would assume) or do you have to birth closest to where you live?
Yur hospital choices are based on the OB you choose. However you are free to choose any OB you want so yes, you pretty much can choose your hospital that way.

QOTW: I could go on and on about the wonderful man that I married. He is a spectacular husband and an amazing father. I can go to bed early as he does the house cleaning when I'm asleep, I can sleep in as he is happy to entertain Alias in the living room and my husband often takes our son out on afternoon outings so I can just have some quiet time to myself. But I have to end there as I'm being called to the table for yet another dinner that my darling husband has taken the time to make after being at work all day. I love him so much!
#28 of 42 Old 04-07-2004, 10:18 PM

Aaack! Double posted.
#29 of 42 Old 04-07-2004, 10:21 PM

aaargh! I should say triple post! My son was banging on the keys.
#30 of 42 Old 04-08-2004, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Kim!

Glad you made it over here.

Brag away my dear. With my first PG I didn't have any nausea. None. I felt a bit bad too, lol. But enjoy it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page