Week of April 12-how ya doin? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-16-2004, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I'm sort of stressing because I'm 15 weeks 2 days now and I haven't felt any movement yet. Please tell me it's because I a ma full time student who is also caring for a very active 2.5 year old who is only in daycare 4 hours aday! So I am trying to be a half-time SAHM and a fulltime student at the same time. Needless to say I am very busy.

Last time I just worked at my desk job all day and dreamed about the baby. I started feeling moevement at about 12 weeks. This time I barely have time to remember I'm pregnant!

I did have an ultrasound at 12 weeks, and everything was totally fine and normal, so I'm hoping that I am just "average" this time in not feeling the baby move.

"MY best interest?...How can YOU say what MY best interest is?...When I went to YOUR schools, I went to YOUR churches, I went to YOUR institutional learning facilities."-ST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2004, 12:33 AM

Letia - try Gap maternity! I wear a size 14-16 prepreg, and the Gap Large has plenty of room in it for me. I bet the XL would work for you. I would invest in some black yoga pants. You can wear them with a lot of stuff, and they are stretchy to boot!

You can find some for pretty cheap on ebay!
Old 04-17-2004, 12:37 AM

More on the QOTW:

Gosh, pregnancy makes me crave meat so bad!

I want a cheeseburger and steak fries soooooooooooooooo bad! But I was a very very good pregnant mama and made steamed veggies and a salad for dinner.

Even though I am full, I am dreaming about that cheeseburger....:
Old 04-17-2004, 03:00 AM

water - don't worry about not feeling movement. It's like you said, last time you had all the time in the world to be still and meditate on the wonders of your baby. Now you're lucky if you have two minutes to yourself.
Before you know it you'll be posting about how this new babe is keeping you all night using your bladder as a punching bag :LOL .
Old 04-18-2004, 11:43 AM

water: don't worry! I didn't feel anything until I was 19 weeks with DD, and one night lying in bed I happened to have my hand on my belly and she kicked me!

Looking back on it, I think I had been feeling movement for a while before that, but I just had no idea what it was or what it would feel like. I thought it was gas or muscle twitches.

So this time around, I'm pretty sure I'll feel it earlier since I know what to look for, but then I was wrong last week so who knows? LOL

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 04-18-2004, 12:54 PM

ROTFL all of our shaving woes. That is my big plan for today - attack the hairy beasts! What a chore it is but oh so necessary now that the weather is warming up (ok, just a little).

Talking about hair I've been losing it on my head like crazy for the last few days. When I wake up in the morning my pillow case seems covered. The weird thing is that I've grown all kinds of hair on the rest of my body. I swear I'm the only woman with a hairy belly! What am I gonna do in the Summer!?! I was looking forward to showing off my beautiful belly all summer long but now it doesn't look like it will be an option.

Hope everyones weekend is great. I'm staying home fighting a sinus/head cold. Blech.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:37 PM

Hi guys. I posted a question re: cramping in the main Oct. folder because I know we will be starting a new weekly thread today or tomorrow, I'd appriciate some feedback if you could. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:49 PM

Thanks guys, I think you are probably right, I have a midwife appt on Wed also so we'll get to hear the heartbeat again then.

i think that I am just less confident all the way around this pregnancy: I was so convinced that I would be having this homebirth the way I wanted it, and the labour would go the way I wanted it too, oh, and that my son was a girl baby! :LOL

And then when everything went to hell (sorry 1st timers, sometimes this happens!) I lost my confidence and now I am sort of just going along for the ride and not making strong statements about anything.

Anyway, it's good to know that I am "normal"!!

Oh, and I never answered the question of the week: All I want are veggie hotdogs, in the bun with lots of yellow mustard and sauerkraut!! I have like one or two a day....mmmmmm

"MY best interest?...How can YOU say what MY best interest is?...When I went to YOUR schools, I went to YOUR churches, I went to YOUR institutional learning facilities."-ST
Old 04-18-2004, 06:21 PM

Just wanted to let you all know I'm starting to feel better and have my voice back. Thanks for the well wishes and listening to my whining!!! And DH is home too, at least temporarily, so that helps. I guess I can't complain too much, last station he was gone 6-12 weeks at a shot...3-4 days is cake compared to that (except when you're sick LOL)!

I almost thought I felt the baby last night, but I'm thinking it was gas....soon I hope!!!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 04-18-2004, 07:01 PM

Jillerina- you're not the only one w/ more belly hair! It's like my normal blonde peach fuzz, suddenly grew longer and turned darker - and it's really noticable to me (on my pale skin). I actually used my husband's beard trimmer w/ no guard on my belly a little bit today - so it looks really nice now I noticed my hair falling out a lot today too, in the shower. I was like, "I thought it's not supposed to fall out while I'm pregnant."

And I think I've felt the baby move, for real this time. yay. gotta go

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

Old 04-18-2004, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've gone over a week with no spotting and then Sat night I had bright red spotting and it really freaked me out! It was "a lot" even for me. I'm still on the progesterone for another week but since I'm at 12 wks the placenta should be taking over and I wouldn't think this should still be an issue?
My Dh was after me to help with yard work all day Sat and I thought I was overdoing it a little but he was getting snippy with me so I didn't say anything...well he felt bad that night! Kept saying everything was going to be fine and I just glared at him-helpful-I know. LOL
I stayed in bed late today and just layed around and I haven't had more today so that's good. My first 12 wk appt isn't until next Tues since I thought my DH was going to be gone but since he's not I'm going to call on Mondaya nd try to get it scheduled this week just to hear that heartbeat ya know!!??
Take care all
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:30 AM

Ann, I hope that you are able to get in to see your midwife this week, I am sure that would really put your mind at ease! Bleeding would definately freak me out too but I am glad to hear that you didn't have any today...keep taking it as easy as you can! Hope to hear all goes well when you get your appt.

User Tag List