Anyone noticing major increase in cramping? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-18-2004, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been experiencing some major but pretty mild cramping( is that an oximoron, LOL...by major I mean it last for a couple hours) which started right about the 14 week point. Last night it actually kept me awake when I was trying to fall asleep until I got up an had a glass of milk. I've been feeling lots of sharp twinges too and a feeling that reminds me of having a PAP smear done. Anyone else? It has me a bit worried though it was gone this morning and didn't bother me throughout the day but it is back a bit tonight. Mostly I am just a bit more paranoid this time as I had a m/c at 8 weeks before this pregnancy. I see my midwife on Tues. so of course I will bring it up but I am just wondering if anyone else is feeling this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 04-18-2004, 03:58 PM

I haven't been expriencing cramping but when I read your post the first thing I thought of was Braxton-Hicks (did I spell that right?) I've heard that some women experience them earlier with their second pregnancy. Also, if you've had sex recently, that can bring about subsequent uteran contractions.
Thinking happy and positive thoughts for you. Hope the midwife gives you only good news on Tueday :.
#3 of 8 Old 04-18-2004, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mirthfulmum. It could very well be I guess. I will feel much better about it on Tues after seeing my midwife...and hearing the hearbeat. Sex isn't the cause in this case though, LOL, I have been abstaining from it due to the cramping. Dehydration could play a part in it too I am sure, I had more tea than I should have that day too. In Dr. Sears, The Pregnancy Book he describes exactly what I am having but it's under the 5th month...is 4th month too early do you think or is it because it's not my first pregnancy? Adding...maybe I should ask over on the midwife board...it doesn't seem like something I need to call mine about when I will see her Tues anyway.
#4 of 8 Old 04-18-2004, 05:25 PM

My first thought was dehydration too. And sometimes, the things in books aren't really written at the earliest time you can experience them. I started having braxton-hicks at 6 weeks, and none of the books mention that til like 5 months or so!!! Yet it is perfectly normal for them to start from the getgo. And even though you are going to see our midwife Tuesday, that is what they are there for....to answer your questions! Call her!!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#5 of 8 Old 04-18-2004, 09:28 PM

I also think most pregnancy books are geared towards first-time mamas, so they tend to say when things happen for the first-time mama, not for those one their second or greater pregnancy.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#6 of 8 Old 04-18-2004, 10:14 PM

I've had the odd cramping, but nothing frequent or worrisome. I remember having it with my last PG, too. I sort of think of it as my uterus "warming up" in preparation for the big stretch in that last trimester when it just grows so big so fast.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#7 of 8 Old 04-19-2004, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

I haven't had a major episode again like the other night, though I have still had a bit here and there. I am trying to make sure I drink lots of water and not overdue myself. I took my dog for a walk today and he got in a fight (he was on a leash the other dog wasn't and came up to us) and I had to just let him go because I had DD with me and was worried about her being bit...anyway, the point being that afterward I definately had some BH and achiness in the back, it's just amazing that stress can cause that...with my DD I never experienced that, esp. not at 14 weeks! With her I never felt pregnant until I was 7-8 months, and never lost my mobility (could still tie my shoes, get up out of a chair, LOL)...this time I'm worried, LOL!
#8 of 8 Old 04-21-2004, 12:08 AM

I've also been feeling some "sharp twinges," EmbersMom! Glad to know I am not the only one...they had me worried. Today I had to suck in my breath cause it hurt! It only lasts a second or two, then is totally gone. Weird..... I guess there is a lot going on in there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page