Week of June 7 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 88 Old 06-10-2004, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, you can get glamourmom knock-offs at Target? Are they the nursing ones or just regular camisoles? Anyways, thanks from me as well bluehalo for the link - I think I'd rather get a couple of those than invest in a bunch of nursing bras that aren't gonna fit after a while. (due to fluctuating boob size) On a similar note, I really miss having milk. I have a few drops for ds but I find that I really miss being able to completely hydrate and fill him up with mama's milk. That's what I'm looking forward to most is really nursing again. I mean, Logan's still nursing but it's not the same really w/out all that milk. Sounds weird I know.

Oh, and EmbersMom- I understand what you mean.

Ann- I had a few nursing tops, but always just ended up hiking them up instead of trying to fish out my boob from a hole in the fabric. And on that note, I'm off to the store...

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#62 of 88 Old 06-10-2004, 08:16 PM

Embersmom - . I am very lucky to have found a couple of women in my community who are pro extended breastfeeding. But I do know what you mean. It can be hard being the one and only stand in your community, it's kinda isolating.

Speaking of extended breast feeding... Alias pretty much self weaned about 6 weeks ago. I'd been working on a slow gradual weaning prcess since I found out I was pregnant because I didn't want it to be hard on him when my milk dried up and tandum nursing didn't really appeal to me. But in the last two weeks or so he has become breast obsessed. He's started to want to see my breasts all the time, he wants to stick his hands down my shirt (a little embarassing in public) and he's begun to ask to nurse again. I'm a little confused about this new obsession, I mean why now? Why so long after he chose to stop nursing? I'm getting the feeling that it's really starting to sink in for Alias that another baby's coming and it seems like he's just staking a claim on his territory. The other day when I told him that mommy didn't have anymore milk and that mommy's milk won't come until Harrison arrives he shouted back at me "No Harrison milk! Alias milk!" I'm beginning to think that I'll be tandum nursing after all. If he asks to nurse after Harrison arrives I am not going to deny him. I don't want to fan the flames of sibling rivalry by breast feeding one but not the other.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this with their older children? Any suggestions from the mom's who've been there done that? I think I'm going to post about this on the toddler board too.

And on the subject of nursing tops. I didn't find them all that useful. I found it much more comfortable to just get some good nursing bras and simply hike up my shirt. But hey, this is Vancouver and no one looks twice at a woman breast feeding in public. It's legal for women to go toples at beaches here so if someone really wanted to get an eyeful they could just mosey on down to the beach and oogle all they wanted without a squirming babe in the way.
#63 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 12:01 AM

re: nursing tops ...

the ones I saw at Target are actually nursing tops ... I think they're "In Due Time" brand, or whatever Target's house maternity brand is. I don't have an actual GlamourMom top to compare it to IRL, but it seems like it's the same idea. They're in the undies/jammies section w/ the other nursing bras.

I never used "real" nursing clothes w/ Ethan ... just always hiked up my shirt ... Didn't use nursing bras either, just pulled the cup down under my breast. While I didn't any issues w/ breast coverage (or non-coverage *lol*) ... I hated my belly / side of my belly exposed. That's why I was so psyched to find these camis ... I'll still have easy nursing access but my love handles will stay nice and private where they belong (totally *my* issue, I know ... what can I say?) I'm thinking about stalking Ebay for a "real" GlamourMom one, just to compare the two and see if there's a serious quality difference, etc. But I don't want to pay retail price just to find out they're not better than the ones from Target.

Something else I discovered at Target that I'm unproportionally psyched about is that they sell individual Boppy covers now! I was thinking about buying a new nursing pillow b/c my old Boppy is just so faded and stained and gross, and then I discovered that they sell just the covers now Whoo hoo! (can you tell that it's the little things in life that just make my day? :LOL )
#64 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 12:44 AM

oh, I also meant to ask ...

is anyone else getting to that point where their stomach (the internal organ, not our baby bumps ) is getting so squished up that just a few bites of a meal fill you up? I get so full, so fast ... but then I'm starving again 20 minutes later. I remember this happening last time, but I thought it was later on in the pregnancy. It's kind of a PITA. Ah well...
#65 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 09:04 AM

Embersmom, I can totally relate to the extended nursing thing too. I belong to a local playgroup which is mostly mainstream moms. There is one other mom there who is nursing a 21 month-old. Well that mom was telling me that someone said to her "you are going to wean K soon right, you aren't going to nurse until 3 or 4 like Amelia?" . I was sooo mad. First of all, my dd is only 2, I have no idea if we will nurse till 3 or 4. We are open to the possibility, but I don't know. I think they thought I would becasue someone else asked me if I would tandem, and I said that I probably would, but I don't know. I just hate the idea that people have that they nurse till a certain age, and then wean just like that. Like, I decided I would nurse until 3 or 4. NOOO, I decided that I would nurse until dd and I decide we are done. I have no idea what age that will be. Or, that there is something wrong with nursing until 3 or 4. Grrrr.

I never worse nursing tops either. I found it so much easier to just hike my shirt up. I also found most nursing tops to be awkard and didn't fit right. I think with a nursing top, you really need to make sure it fits correctly and the nursing slots are in the right place for you breasts. Otherwise, it didn't work so well for me. I remember one time, I was eating out with dh, mil, aunts and dd, and dd needed to nurse. So, I nursed her. I was wearing a nursing top, the kind with the slits in it. Lots of times after I nurse, I would just leave my bra flap open, especially because dd likes to nurse on and off a lot. Well, we were eating, and all of a sudden I noticed my nipple was sticking out of the slits. I was soooo embarrassed. : After that I decided I wasn't wearing that shirt any more. :LOL

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#66 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 09:44 AM

Yep I'm feeling fuller quicker too. I forgot how weird that was, to be absolutelyl starving but then not clean my plate LOL. I thought it was early to be feeling that but I guess I'm not the only one!! I remember one night when I was pg with DS, DH and I went to Outback with the intentions of seeing a movie after...well the movie never happened. I ate my happy way through the meal just like I always would, and when I stood up I felt so sick....I had put way too much in a squished up stomach! I made him take me home and spent 2 hours miserable on the couch! It sucked!!

I never used nursing tops, had 2 pairs of nursing pj's and thought they were just silly in the end. It's so much easier to just hike up my shirt. And I never cared what other people around me thought about it, they all need to get over it and let us feed our babies. Be careful shopping for nursing bras. It's a little early for most of us who haven't had a baby before for one. Two, be careful with underwire nursing bras and making sure you have a proper fit. Find a nice shop with a professional fitter if you can. I had problems with mastitis, and found only one bra that would work for me, the Anita microfiber (and man is it comfy!!!). If you have the least bit of restriction in your bra, it could cause mastitis. I have this bra in lots of sizes yes, but I always felt the support from an actual bra vs. my shelf tanks made a huge difference in my comfort walking/running around. ( I have 38D, 36D, 36C, and 36B....the longer I nursed the smaller they got LOL)

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#67 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 11:30 AM

Bluehalo: I don't get that full feeling anymore, but the first part of my preg. (up until a month ago) I had it going on. I think it all has to do with babies positioning.

I'll probably invest in a couple of the tankini style nursing bras, but not nursing clothes. I wear tankini bras and sports style bras now for the most part.(Free boobing is also a favorite past time) Not the best support, but I try not to tame the beast too much. It's not good for them
#68 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 12:32 PM

Mirthful...my DD weaned herself at 2yrs in early October(which was very surprising to me considering how attached she was/is) but she asks to nurse all the time now-ever since January for some reason?? But now when she sees my breasts which are much larger than she's used to she practically dives for them! :LOL When I say the milk is all gone-you drank it-she says NO! Then my son usually pipes up the "boobies are for the baby" which my DD then says "I'm a baby"
So it'll be interesting when the baby comes-I would be surprised if we didn't tandem nurse at least for awhile...

I saw those nursing camisoles at Target to but they didn't have a sizing range on them and I have no idea what a medium or large is???? I"m a 38 b/c now so maybe a large? Anyone bought one?

Take care
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#69 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 01:24 PM

I'm experiencing the "hungy again....oh, wait, now I'm full!" all of the time now. I've decided that just eating slowly and constantly works for me. :LOL

Yesterday the baby started kicking hard enough for DH to feel it! Woohoo! He was really surprised how strong it is. I can actually see it on my tummy when he does a little kick. Very exciting.
#70 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 01:51 PM

re: Target nursing camis (again) -- sizing ...

I opened the box to see how it looked ... I ended up buying an XL (and I'm a 36-38 bra size and wear a medium shirt usually). I was surprised that they didn't seem to be generously sized ... actually, they didn't even seem to be "normally" sized. It sucks that someone who actually usually wears an XL shirt probably wouldn't be comfy in the XL cami. Then again, I guess it depends on how you want it to fit. I prefer a body skimming but not *tight* fit. Fitted, but not too snug, if that makes sense? I'm guessing that after a few weeks post partum when my milk gets more "regular" and my breasts don't look and feel like bricks that maybe a large would work, but I'm thinking that for me, the XL would be best for my size immediately postpartum.

Curious to see what other's opinions are...
#71 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

21 weeks, 4 days

I'm practically giggling here in my chair at work: baby is kicking me SO MUCH! gosh I love it, I love being pregnant. it was all I could do to not grab the hand of the girl working next to me and saying "here! feel my baby kicking!!".

Okay, I guess I'm the sole loser who practically bought everything in the Motherwear catalog for her first, huh?
Seriously I think it was almost 5 months before I wore a non-nursing top. I just found it so hard to keep my shirt hiked up while positioning a tiny baby, getting the burp cloths all in place (DD was such a messy nurser!), etc...I found the nursing tops to be wonderful, b/c I could have everything in place and the nipple waiting right there behind the slit.

I'm not sure what I'll do this time around. Probably use them since I have them. But if baby isn't such a messy nurser I might skip them.

I have noticed the shrinking stomach thing too. Last night I think DD ate more of my dinner than I did! But then later I had popcorn, and then later still peanut butter on toast, lol. Frankly, I've always preferred to snack and graze, rather than have big meals.

Well, I'm very excited b/c I'm leaving here soon to go to a party for the local AP mamas and hopefully get to meet Katie (Lucysmom)! I bringing nb dipes to show off, and hopefully buying a sling for a colleague's baby shower. The weekend will start early for me. Yay!

Have a great one, ladies! Probably won't get to check in again until late Saturday or early Sunday.

PS - oh wait, I have one question: for those of you who have chosen a name..do you use it? even though we are 99.9% sure this baby's name is Sasha, I still feel funny using the name. I prefer to refer to him as baby, little guy, etc...is this some secret doubting of the name we chose? Or am I just trying not to wear it out before I meet him?

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#72 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 04:14 PM

Good idea....I could get some camis...don't sound like from Target tho...I would probably be the XL; but, doesn't sound like it will match these 42E's much less when milk comes in! I tend to wear a lot of button down tops to church, and I could just button down my shirt and I'd have a cami on so noone would be seeing my body and go for it when I go back in the nursery to nurse! I am a modest person, despite feeding my baby. I would hate not to be able to wear my old clothes too and buy a whole bunch of nursing wear. I may buy some. But *not* retail! : But, then again, I thought it was something about used nursing stuff.....so maybe I'll be the queen of button down? But, then again, I *could* hike up my shirt b/c I'd have the cami on and noone would have to see my bright yella black hairy belly!

I will have to investigate this further....

Have a blessed weekend mamas!
#73 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the sizing info Christine- i wouldn't have guessed an XL but it sounds like we're the same size. I'll get one to try since they looked comfy. I can always take it back...
I did score a Motherwear nursing tank at a garage sale for $5 today but probably won't look for too many more nursing shirts since we were fine before. I also got some really cute baby clothes that were like new-can't tell what they are though-would give it away
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#74 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet68
Okay, I guess I'm the sole loser who practically bought everything in the Motherwear catalog for her first, huh?
No, I am a very into my nursing tops. I hate that feeling of my tummy being exposed, and I get cold so easily (although not lately!). Even though Hannah is barely nursing much anymore (just before naps and bedtime), I still wear nursing shirts when we go out for a long day, the ones that still fit. I guess I'm a bit of a whimpy public nurser. : I like to keep my girls all covered up, and a nursing shirt just makes me more comfortable.
I'm loving feeling the baby squirm and move around. This part of pregnancy is so much fun! I'm not feeling too crowded yet, but I can tell that room is getting tight in there.
I've been having lots of disaster, trauma, extreme stress dreams lately. I wake up feeling exhausted and emotionally wrung-out. Anyone else?
We had such a fun morning here. My sis, her kids, H and I went on a tour of a local bread factory (yummy samples) and then hit some garage sales. I didn't find any sparkly, red cowboy boots but did get Hannah a beautiful handmade rocking horse...and what a deal! I'm so proud of myself. Hope everyone has fun, sucessul weekend adventures, as well!
#75 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I have one question: for those of you who have chosen a name..do you use it?
We always refer to the baby as Harrison now. I think that it is helping Alias better understand that there is another person coming into the house, rather than the more abstract idea of simply a baby. And DH and I kinda feel like our newest little guy is already here, apart of the family, so we feel compelled to call him by name.
I figure that if it turns out that the u/s was wrong and we do end up with a girl then we'll have something to giggle about later.
#76 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 06:30 PM

We've been calling the baby "Noah" or "your brother" since we found out the gender and decided for sure on the name. Ethan's so cute, he usually refers to him as "BabyNoah".
#77 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 06:58 PM

Quote:

Well, I'm very excited b/c I'm leaving here soon to go to a party for the local AP mamas and hopefully get to meet Katie (Lucysmom)! I bringing nb dipes to show off, and hopefully buying a sling for a colleague's baby shower. The weekend will start early for me. Yay!

Yay! It was so nice to meet you, Piglet! (I feel weird calling you Piglet now that I met you!) I was so happy that you are really nice and cool IRL! I really enjoyed meeting you and Emily. She is so adorable!

There were so many mamas at this AP mama party....and I got to buy some newborn diapers and mama pads from a local WAHM. They are so soft and squishy!

About the name thing, we have two names picked out, one for either gender. So I secretly refer to the baby as ___or____ in my head.

Hope you mamas have a good weekend!
#78 of 88 Old 06-11-2004, 11:12 PM

Lucysmama, I've been meaning to tell you that I love your siggy line, it just cracks me up every time I read it.

Those of you who love their nursing clothes, ya know, it's really just personal preferance ... certainly doesn't make you losers ... I'll probably invest in two or three tops that I really like and am comfortable wearing b/c we'll be travelling to Disney when this baby is only about 2 months old (I know, I know, I'm crazy ... long story for another time *rolling eyes at my crazy self*) and I'm thinking that it will be nice to have something *really* easy to nurse in pretty discreetly when I might have someone pretty much right up my butt on the airplane. That's my logic anyway, we'll see how it pans out :LOL

It's so cool that you guys (Lucysmama and Piglet) got to meet up! I admit to having a twinge of envy. I do have a nice circle of friends here though, which is really a blessing b/c it seems like such a conservative place on the whole I feel lucky to have ferreted out at least a couple other weirdos like myself :LOL ... I'm not a really social person though, so as long as I have a handful of women friends that I know and trust, I'm content.

OK, so I have a weird MDC general protocol question to ask ... when someone gives their "real" name in their siggy line, is it more appropriate to refer to them by their "real name" or their username? I usually err on the side of using the real name, and only use the user name if they don't mention their real name ... but I wonder if I'm taking inappropriate liberties *lol*. So don't laugh at me, I just had to ask
#79 of 88 Old 06-12-2004, 07:59 AM

Quote:
OK, so I have a weird MDC general protocol question to ask ... when someone gives their "real" name in their siggy line, is it more appropriate to refer to them by their "real name" or their username? I usually err on the side of using the real name, and only use the user name if they don't mention their real name ... but I wonder if I'm taking inappropriate liberties *lol*. So don't laugh at me, I just had to ask
I have my "real" first name in my sig, and I would rather be called by Amelia than ameliabedelia. For some reason, it always makes me feel better to be called by my real name, it makes me feel more "known" or something like that. If people use, ameliabedelia, I don't feel as "known" Silly, I know..

Who was talking about prophetic baby dreams? I had another baby dream last night, but I don't think it could possibly be prophetic. :LOL. I dreamed that my midwife left her ultrasound machine at my house, so I just used it myself. I put it on my belly, and saw an African-American baby, with little braids all down her hear and bows at the end.(in my dream, my dh was African-American), in real life he is german, and scottish, LOL. Then I looked between the baby's legs and it was clearly a girl. But.., then I tried to find a heartbeat and couldn't find it, however I felt, but didn't see the baby move (I think that was actually my real baby moving), since I woke up after that. It was a bizarre dream, but I doubt it is prophetic. And, I still think I am having a boy.

#80 of 88 Old 06-12-2004, 10:15 AM

Is anyone else feeling their pelvic bones seperating already? It is awful sleeping at night. I wake up so achy. It seems much too soon for this. When I asked about the prophetic dreams, I don't think I mentioned mine.

I dreamt a friend of mine was pregnate with her 3rd child. Being that we've had this "dream connection" for a while, I called to warn her. She and her DP are full time students with 2 babies under 3 yrs and not TTC. I told her about my dream, and the next day, she called me back and had tested positive for preg.

A week later I dreamt my close friend was an aunt, and we went to Hawai and she brought this beautiful baby girl. Called to tell her of my dream, 2 days later she called me to tell me her sister (whom I never met) is pregnate.

My cousin told me she was pregnate, the day befor we were scheduled to get together, I dreamt she miscarried. The very next day, she told me of her tubular preg.

I've had alot of dreams this babe is a girl.
#81 of 88 Old 06-12-2004, 11:36 AM

Wow momadance. I don't normally believe in prophecy or psychic phenomena, I tend to hang on the sceptic side of things, but when I read about your dreams it really made me wonder.
#82 of 88 Old 06-12-2004, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

That's a really good question about using a person's name from their sig, versus their username. I always figure if their name is in their sig then it is okay to use it, but I use it when I sense it's okay to be more "chummy". i think using the username is considered more polite. Sort of like calling someone "ms so and so" before they say "call me firstname". And i have no idea why I feel this way, it is not written anywhere, lol. then there are some people, like Letia, who everybody calls Letia, so often I do too (and wannabemommie is a long name to type, lol). For me, I prefer to use my username. I only tell people my real name if we are developing a relationship that extends offline, and that is mostly for a sense of security and privacy. I've had some near-miss bad experiences from when I very first was online and called myself by my full name all the time. Plus my name is not that common. Mind you, I list my children's names, lol...I guess I'm just silly!

Katie it was so great to meet you!! Lucy is SUCH a sweetie pie and handled herself so well in that huge crowd of kids and mamas and diapers and slings....oh my! Emily took some time to adjust, and still wasn't so comfortable with all the fuss, unless she was eating, LOL.

You know, I started calling baby by his name (Sasha) to DD. You are right, mirthfulmum, it really does help feel like part of the family already...I think the reason I was hesitant is that I still had this funny feeling like maybe at the last minute I'd change my mind about his name. But I went through so many webpages. I swear I read thousands of names, and I still loved Sasha the best. I guess after having an "Emily" when there are so many of them, I had doubts, lol. Anyways, it's helping Emily alot to refer to baby as "Baby Sasha", so for that already I'm glad!

Hm, well it's almost 11 pm here and I shoudl really be going to bed. It's Saturday night and this is what I do: stay up late and eat Golden Oreos. I actually feel "indulgent" this way, lol.

BTW, dont' know if any of you have tried them yet, but OMG these golden oreos are Soooooo goood!!

amelia: hope your dreams aren't prophetic, b/c it will be hard to explain your african-american husband to your current husband, lol.

night night everyone!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#83 of 88 Old 06-13-2004, 09:07 AM

Quote:
amelia: hope your dreams aren't prophetic, b/c it will be hard to explain your african-american husband to your current husband, lol.
:LOL, yeah, I don't think I will tell him about that dream .

I think the African-American part is because on Wednesday I was at playgroup with some friends, and there is one African-American mom there with her two daughters. Her dd's are absolutuly gorgeous, really, really beautiful children, and I am remember thinking that there were so cute and beautiful. And OF COURSE, my baby will be absolutely cute and beautiful And, even in my dreams, my scientific mind is at work, and knows that I couldn't have an African-American baby without any genetic basis for it. LOL

golden oreo's......I need to try those..:LOL... Earlier in the pregnancy I didn't want sweets or chocolate, but now I DO. I am craving them.....I just went to the store yesterday and bought a bag of M + M's. I am soo bad But, they are soooo good.

#84 of 88 Old 06-13-2004, 01:31 PM

Well I've got a lot to catch up on, usually I don't let a whole day go by without looking!

About the user/ name thing...I don't really feel comfortable using someones real name unless we have "talked" a few times (by that I mean that they've replied to something I've said in a thread, not PM) :LOL But it depends on the name...we have more than one Amy but since mine is spelt different it's not a problem.

Momadance- Oh my goodness yes! I can't believe all the discomfort I am having these days...too much standing and I feel like my hips are gonna explode (for lack of better discpription, LOL)...I can't believe that even a quick 5 min. stroll can result in so much pressure! I don't remember this until late in my first pregnancy, like 36 weeks or so! I'm only 21 weeks so this has me worried a bit!

The other name question that you asked about Piglet...we call the baby Oakley about 80% of the time, even though we would use it even if he ends up being a he...I still find myself saying the baby lots too.

Nursing tops, never had one with DD. I didn't like my nursing bras much either, though I did use them for about a year (playtex ones). Had I known how long I'd end up using them I'd have investing in better ones from the start...I've got one Bravado this time so far and will definately be getting a couple more. I have one nursing top this time that someone gave me with some maternity clothes, so it will be nice to try it and see if I like it.

Mirthfulmum- about Alias and the nursing...it's been since about Dec. that Ember stopped nursing and she still does bring it up once and awhile and gets upset that my milk is all gone...and it's weird being that it hasn't been long since I stopped lactating, you'd think that I'd be getting colostrum sooner but nope, bone dry....anyways, I seem to remember her going about a month before asking, almost like the novelty of being weaned wore off then, so I'd agree that what Alias is doing is completely normal. Ember is still affectionate towards them, gives them kisses in the tub (gosh, just think of what "mainstream" folks would think if they read that ) I have also told Ember that my milk will come back when Oakley is born and that she can have some then too if she wants too...and she'll be turning 4 then so we will see what happens, maybe she won't need it by then, however I totally intend on following through...besides what a cure for engorgement :LOL

Oh and the sweets thing...I haven't tried the Golden Oreos either but I have sound my own guilty pleasure of choice....Hagan Daz icecream bars, the chocolate with almond kind....should have never had one of those! I swear that I think about them every other day, and indulge about twice a week!
#85 of 88 Old 06-13-2004, 06:37 PM

OK....lemme see if I remember..we haven't been using Aaron, since I think its a boy as much as I thought. Jason has always contended we have a son. Once, he said daughter, so she won't feel like if its Mikayla, she's not wanted. I tend to say baby and use the pronoun he a lot.

Names...well, tell me if it weirds u out; but, if I see your name in your sig I use it. Or, in Katie's instance, used to be. I just assume use names, tho I understand Pig where ya comin from. Noone knows my last name, nor dh's since the phone number etc, is in his name, so I'm not weirded out or anything. Maybe I'm too trustworthy online. A mama here and her dh and family are gonna drive and meet us in New Orleans when we go for business in a couple weeks. She was gonna come help me with nursing, since I don't have family support or community since blacks tend to go with formula whom I know. Her husband, understandably won't let her come here so we're meeting in NO and *then* she'll come after birth. I feel kinda weird callin ya Pig; but, I understand. Call me Letia. No problem with me. That's my name! :LOL

uhhhhhhhhhh...who dreamed they birthed the black baby? :LOL Hey! that was mine! :LOL They switched ours! Me and dh wonder what color we'll get. We have a rainbow--from Indian to fair almost white to what they call black almost blue. So its a toss up. But, we are both light. He's kinda coffee with cream and I'm yellow. So, we'll just see! My crazy sil and brother, he's light and his dw is dark were guessing. Didn't she totally ask those that white medical staff what color he was when he was born. They didn't wanna touch that one!

Well, I was all over God's green earth yesterday for some dockers! I mean there's only but so many colors and he was choosing between two styles. I needed shoes. I got the shoes... I was working on some information for my pastor and then I wanted this polish off my toes b/c it started chipping. I had done the pedicure weeks earlier and just needed a polish change. Dh coulda done it with the tip guides (french ped) but he says one shade only and then he was on that blasted computer and didn't even massage my feet and then only one! After running around with him! (he changed the polish once while ) I stayed up til 2 am doing my toes; because I wanted them done. (stupid, I know) I was mad. Sooooo..I'm full of Italian and I'm going to camp out on that couch. Its calling my name.

I had creme brulee.....
#86 of 88 Old 06-13-2004, 08:00 PM

I just heard my baby's heartbeat!!!! I mean, I've heard it on the doppler before, but I just actually got to hear the real heartbeat with my stethoscope!!!!!!!

Just had to share!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#87 of 88 Old 06-13-2004, 09:42 PM

what you talkin bout girl? you got medical equipment too? *not a fetoscope; but, a *stethascope*? Well, I go Tuesday since she tried 18wks, so at 23, even *I* should be able to hear I would think.

that's exciting girl!

*yawn* will I sleep tonight since I just woke up about and hour ago.....:
#88 of 88 Old 06-13-2004, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

okay, trueblue...next time one of the docs wanders into the lab, I'm going to ask him for his stethoscope!

Well, I went for a walk in the park with DD today and it felt soooo good to be exercising. I took it slowly and it was a good tired, not a concerned tired. I've been having more heart palpitations and will be seeing one of our docs tomorrow afternoon. I think I'll be getting a Holter monitor so I'll be walking around with leads stuck to my chest - I am SO wondering how long it's going to be before DD starts trying to rip them off, hollering "STICKERS!", lol...I wear it for 48 hrs, and carry it like a fanny pack. I feel like such an old fart. But it will be good to be reassured that they are just normal you-are-getting-old, you-aren't-exercising-your-lazy-butt, you-are-carrying-a-baby type of stuff...

Letia, girl you crack me up so much! I was like : imagining your SIL asking the doc what colour he was, and the doc in a fit of PC-induced apoplexy, LOL. Frankly, the most gorgeous babies I've ever seen are mixed-race ones. My mum is Eurasian and she is so gorgeous. I used to joke I should marry an Asian guy, but she said they treat their wives like dirt 'cuz their mothers spoil them (oh, she gets away with so much, lol). Anyways, I did joke once also that I should have babies with a Slavic guy b/c slavic babies are so cute with their round faces and gentle eyes...I did marry a slav (a Croat) but my baby looks more like me now, lol.

Have a good night, everybody. I'll post in the morning some time before 10 am, I promise.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page