truebluexf 10/27
Soogie 10/27
ameliabedelia 10/29 GIRL! Greta Marie
flitters 10/30
BeauGeek 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
guinnessinu 10/31 TWINS! BOY! and BOY!

Hello, mamas!

I realized that I was supposed to have started this thread yesterday, but the holiday threw me off, lol. So I've dated it from yesterday, just to keep things consistent.

I'm 25 weeks today and really feeling it. I'm sure it's because I used to be in shape, for the last several years I've always gotten regular exercise, but for the last 8 months since I've been working I've had none. So I'm really feeling this pregnancy. I'm not good for much physical activity, and I seem to spend half my weekend days sleeping. Which I'm grateful for being able to do, but I *hate* spending half the day in bed!

So that's my whine for today. Otherwise, baby is growing well and kicking/moving alot, which I love! Hope everybody had a nice holiday weekend.

Question of the Week: okay....i'm drawing a total blank here and I need to hop in the shower and get ready for work...who wants to come up with a question?

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How about for the QOTW we post the weight of previous babes, and or for first time mama's their birth weight? Can't think of anything else, and thought it might be neat. Miles was 9lbs. 7 oz. I was 8lbs,(and overdue: dryskin, long nails, shrunken placenta, and none of the white creamy stuff on my skin) Dh was close to 10 lbs. I'm predicting a giant this time around! I'm already measuring big, but the us showed baby's right on the mark for my due date. Just a big boy!

I dreamt about laboring last night. I was near the ocean walking around in a sort of bellydancing sort of way, and very serene and peaceful! It was beautiful!
#3 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 11:52 AM

momadance--great QOTW!!

QOTW: Ok dh was I think 7 lbs. I was 9 lbs. 8oz, overdue and the last baby my mama was allowed to have. My oldest was 6 lbs. 14 oz.; ds#2 was 7 lbs. 5 oz. and Sammy was 7 lbs. 10 oz. I am expecting this baby to be in the 7 lbs range as I am carrying him pretty much the same as I did his brothers. Collin (ds#1) was a week early, Aidan was right on time and Sammy was right on time. This one I am hoping to go a bit early since dh's b-day is almost a week before my due date. It would be neat to have him on his birthday. Just a little wish of mine

Had a fun holiday weekend. Our town had put together a kids park full of fun games. The boys had a lot of fun and we did a treasure hunt together as a family. Dh had the weekend off, which is a rarity. That night we watched the fireworks. Saturday dh took me maternity clothes shopping as I in much need. Still could use a couple things, but I will make do. That night we had some friends over and had a good time laughing and catching up. Sunday and Monday pretty much relaxed. Yesterday I bought a used grill, got a good deal on it that I am pretty excited about. I grilling out but we never had a grill to do so. I was going to grill out today but it is a rainy day

Did anyone else join the yahoo group to show of pics? I posted mine yesterday. So fun to be a face to a name!

Well mamas, hope you have a good week! Will try to tune in again later when I get a chance
#4 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 12:20 PM

you all had such little babes!! i was my mom's biggest at 7lb 2oz...dh was 9lbs 5 oz. ds #1 was 4lbs 8 oz and 7 weeks early due to severe pre-e...he started my c-section history by being double footling breech. ds#2 was 10lbs 7oz and term...attempted vbac but he was to big...ds#3 was 10lbs 3 oz and term and c-section as well. i'm pretty much expecting another big baby, which is fine with me.

had a good weekend too...dh started to build the boys a huge clubhouse...they're pretty excited about it. went to fireworks on sunday night. they enjoyed that.

gotta go...a freind is coming over so i can help her sew some curtains for their camper.
#5 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 12:24 PM

Hi! Hope everyone had a good weekend. We did the usual July 4th activities: spent one day at the beach, worked in the garden, grilled, watched the drunk neighbors blow up hundreds of dollars worth of highly illegal fireworks.... Thank God no one was injured this year. (Last year the little boy next door almost lost a thumb.)

QOTW: DH was a normal size 7 lb baby. I was 9lb 10oz, the smallest and the only on-time baby of the six in our family! (My little brother was 12 lb even!) We are all normal sized people now, so I don't know why we were such huge babies. I'm assuming this baby will be a whopper; it's growing like crazy....
#6 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 12:32 PM

QOTW: I was my mama's biggest....a whopping 7lbs, 2oz. She only gained 15lbs with each of us, so we were all only 5.5-7lbs. Dh was 9ish lbs, I think. Lucy was 8lbs, 1 oz. I am expecting a 8-9lber.

More later, dd is home from her bikeride with Daddy!
#7 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 01:20 PM

We had a hectic weekend, spent the 4th traveling home from Texas. The airport was empty though, made for smooth traveling After two busy weeks of traveling (to Kevin's bike race the week before, and then to Texas to visit family this past week), it was *so* nice to be coming home.

Ethan was a great little traveler ... he had a wonderful time and was so fun to have around. He was totally wound up when we got off the plane at home ... he was riding on DH's shoulders and said *very* loudly "Look at that OLD man with NO HAIR!!" : ... then on the shuttle back to the long-term-parking, E. asks "Do other people ride on this bus sometimes too?" ... I answer, "yep, they sure do" ... and he says, "Yeah, I can really smell their butts!". Ack!!! At that point I was scared every time he opened his mouth. Man, was he wound up!

I just joined the yahoo group, hoping to have a few moments to look at the pictures and go through ours on the computer to upload some. It will be fun to put a face with the names here

We had our first Birthing From Within class last night. Poor DH is not really impressed w/ the whole concept of "birth art", but he's being a trooper, bless him.

QOTW: I was a tiny baby, just under 7 pounds. Ethan was 6lbs, 5oz, but once he was born he grew like a weed ... literally like a pound a week for the first few months or so. According to the US we had around 18 weeks, this baby is right on targed for his due date, whatever that means. I don't feel as big as I did with Ethan though. I've only gained about 7 pounds total so far. But the baby is plenty active and *strong*, so I'm trying not to worry.
#8 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 01:34 PM

This summer is flying by already! We're going to behaving these babes before you know it!
Both of my kids were right on time and 7lbs 14oz and 8lbs 6oz respectively. So I'm assuming this babe will be close to 9lbs if we stay in the pattern...Yikes-though I've talked to lots of mamas who've had bigger babes so I shouldn't whine.

I feel like I've gained a ton of weight just in the last few weeks-I was doing so well then wham-eating all the time and clothes feeling tight. I hate to think of gaining the 50lbs again But I know that if I feel hungry I do need to eat-of course, it should be healthy and not Cheetos!!LOL

Anyone else sleeping like crap? I haven't gotten a decent night's sleep in months and it's getting worse-I'm using a body pillow and tried about every other pillow in the house but nothing is comfortable and my back aches every morning. This happened before but not until about 7-8mos so I guess I only have 4 more months of whining about it...I wake up to find myself sleeping on my back and then get all nervous about how long I was doing that-whine whine-ok-done for now
Take care everyone
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#9 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

25 weeks

Great question, momadance! I think I was in the 7 lb range. DD was 7 lb 5 oz, born by c-section at 39 weeks. DH was over 10 lbs, vaginal birth by his very young mother (I think she was 18?) - he's the oldest in the family. Since I'm having a c-section this time again, I'm not that concerned about weight as it relates to birthing, but I really don't want a huge baby. My friend gave birth to a 10 lb 11 oz and wow...he just wasn't "cute" kwim? lol (no offense to mamas of big babies!). He was the most unattractive baby, and yet he is an absolutely adorably handsome toddler. But the worst was she was only able to sling him for a very short time, he couldn't fit into half his newborn clothes from the start. And I have a gorgeous stash of newborn cloth diapers that I would be devastated to not be able to use!

I just don't want him growing up that fast, kwim?

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#10 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 03:23 PM

We had a very relaxing weekend-( much needed!). Had a nice pot luck picnic with a bunch of friends on Sunday and sat in our yard to watch all the awesome fireworks that our neighbors let off. Otherwise I sat in the sun or napped on the couch- wish life could always be taken this slow I am taking advantage of it now while I can.
QOTW- neat question! I was 8lbs 6 oz last and largest of 5 kids for my mom. My dd was 7 lbs 15 oz and my ds was 9 lbs 4 oz. Dd was induced and I had an epidural, ds was born all natural at home. ( Almost seems like it should have been the other way around ) I've had some complications since then so this one with be C-section, but by the way I am carrying, I figure somewhere in the lower 8 lbs.
Let me tell you , this little gal has been tap dancing in my belly all weekend long!! I absolutely love the feeling

Is anyone else able to take Birthing From Within classes and if so how are they? I have read the book and it is fantastic but there aren't any classes in my area.

Stacey- WOHM and wife to Jesse- : Athena , Huckleberry : Fiona : Shillelagh : and Calliope
#11 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 03:49 PM

hi everyone!

sounds like most weekends were good, and some busy! ours was really nice and pretty relaxing. this weekend was also our anniversary - 10 years together (4 married)!

let's see... baby has been very busy lately - woke me up a few timest last night too! i think dh is getting more and more excited now that he can feel and see the baby moving a lot. it feels like october will be here in a flash!

i was very fortunate to inherit two large boxes of maternity clothes today! tonight i'll see what fits and then look to pass on anything i won't be able to use.

also, on a previous topic, i got some underwear this weekend that i love! victorias secret 100% cotton low rise bikini cut. they fit really well, go under the belly and are super comfy and all cotton is very important to me.

is anyone going to have a doula at their birth? we hired a doula last week. our midwife recommends one for first time mamas especially. we really like the doula we hired and she has worked with our midwife before. she had 2 of her 3 children at home and also works as a childbirth educator. we are very happy with her and i think she will make the experience even better!

QOTW: well, this is my first. I weight 7 pounds 8 ounces and i think dh was a hair over 8 pounds. i figure our baby will likely weigh between 7 and 8 pounds, closer to 8. we'll see!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#12 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 04:12 PM

re: doulas & Birthing From Within...

Flitters, we considered hiring a doula, and interviewed several. But finally we decided that having two of my women-friends (one who is a L&D nurse and shares most of my "birthing philosophies", and another who has had 2 natural births and attended several others) would be a better choice for us. If I wasn't so blessed to have birth savvy friends willing to support me, I would definately hire a doula. I'm so tickled though, to be sharing this experience with two people that I already know, love, and trust. DH is very relieved too, knowing that there will be more support for the both of us.

Sunshinegal, we just had our first Birthing from Within class last night. I really liked it. DH is being a trooper even though he's not into the whole birth art kinda side of it. But, with DS's pretty traumatic birth (emerg. c-sec.) I really thought that BFW would be the kind of preparation we'd find most helpful; working through the baggage we both have from DS's birth, and going into this next birth with a clean slate, so to speak. Our class is pretty far away (~2 hours), but I was determined to take it, and it was the closest one.
#13 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 05:29 PM

Who posted the picture/painting of the nursing moma on our yahoo group? I would love to get a copy of it as a print or painting or whatever! It's beautiful!

Piglet: I'm gonna have to disagree on the big baby thing, but I'm partial to them I'm actually looking forward to another big ball of a baby!
#14 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 05:52 PM

Well, today is the last day of vacation with the family. Tomorrow we leave to drive home. We are making the drive in 3 days, doing about 7 hours/day so it isn't that bad. Stopping and seeing some friends on the way. It was a great visit. I don't know what I will do without all these people around to entertain dd all the time.

QOTW: DD weighted 6 lbs 12.5 ozs and I think I weighed almost exactly the same thing. Both DD and I were born 10 days early. I don't know what DH weighted, but I think he was on the bigger side. I believe he was born the day before his due date. I expect this baby to weight about what DD weighed, maybe a little more, and to be born between 2 weeks to a few days early. But, we shall see.

I think I would prefer a "smaller" babe, but I think that is just because dd was smaller and what I was used to. Everyone said she was so tiny and dainty when born, and she was super cute and tiny and dainty. But she grew really fast and soo surpassed other babies her age in weight, so I expect this babe to do something similar but who knows??

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#15 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 07:24 PM

This is my first baby and I don't know how much I weighed at birth. I think DH must have been on the small side as he was a twin.

We had a relaxing weekend but got a lot done too. I think I am getting the nesting instinct as I really want the house all organized and I am going nuts figuring out what baby supplies to buy. We found a Maclaren stroller for half off on Saturday so I was excited about that. Then we got a baby dresser too. Our teenager (our niece that has lived with us for 2 years) pretty much moved out this weekend. She is leaving for college soon and wanted to pack up her stuff early. So her winter clothes are all packed and ready to go, her summer clothes are at her boyfriend's house, and her mementos are packed away in the garage. So we got an extra closet! Now me and DH each have our own, its so nice.

My baby has been getting the hickups a lot this week. I also feel like my belly has just popped out the last week or so. Now everyone stares at my belly, it is just totally obvious now!

I am going to see Fahrenheit 9/11 after work today!
#16 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 09:27 PM

I agree, great question Momadance!! I guess we should help Piglet out and PM her any of our ideas for future QOTW, hey Piglet? I know what it's like trying to come up with a new question every week, do that for my Parent-Child Mother Goose Class. I'll try to think some up.

QOTW- Ember was 7lbs 11oz (and 19.5 cm)...funny thing is both my neice and newphew and brother weighted that too :LOL....I was about 6lbs 10oz and DH was about 9 something. The other day DH put his prediction in that Oakley will weight 7lbs 10oz, not sure why he thinks he will be smaller : Then again, I myself feel that Oakley will be early (don't ask me why??), so maybe he'll be right :LOL If he waits until term my guess will be about 8lbs 2-4 ish :LOL I guess since the last 4 babies in my family were 7/11 I expect Oakley to be fairly close.

Anyone else feeling tired again? I tell ya, I sure got a short "energy spurt" in the second trimester this time! I am back to feeling the need to nap most afternoons.

Oh, about the BFW- I am reading the book, no classes around here for that sort of thing. I have enjoyed reading about the birth art although I wouldn't
enjoy doing it in a class where others would see it, :LOL, but I have made images in my head as to what I would draw if I had any talent whatsoever. I read many exerps from the book online when I was pregnant with Ember and it was definately helpful in my labour prep. but I am enjoying reading the whole thing this time.

About the doula thing...by all means I'd say go for it! My MIL was my Doula with Ember (even though she'd never heard of such a thing) because she'd BTDT 6 times and is just a healing type compassionate person and I knew that she'd be awesome in supporting me, she does theraputic touch and hospice and I knew she'd be a natural. This time, I have a midwife and if I go the HB route which I am not sure yet, she'll have an attendant...plus my mom will be there to help support me as well as DH of course, so I don't feel I need a trained professional....but if I weren't close to family, or didn't feel close to my mom I would definately. I took a doula training course and so of course I have read over everything and will get my mom to too, I feel prepared.

I just LOVE that we are able to see eachother now! It's been so cool getting to check you all out...so far a good looking group of moms and kids (besides myself :LOL), what are the odds? hehe
#17 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 09:40 PM

I got my hair done (whew) and went to the car lot Dh has got car brain. I think it heated up once we got there! : We went to yet *another* lot and the sky fell out and then we ate. Sunday was a lazy day since my little sister had a date, so we *all* had to wait until Monday for the 4th activities. After church I came home and slept and ate. Yesterday....I decided that Katie's nudey dip was a good idea and I haven't gotten a suit yet....so I took it off in mamas pool! Wow! That was great! I wanted to do it again today after working out! Its so hot! :nana:

Uhhhhhhhhhh..I was 6 lbs and some. I've been meaning to ask mil about dh. I know that dh's labor was anywhere from 7-9 hrs! I got faired a mama made dipe and everyone who sees it doesnt believe the babe will fit in it. We'll see! Everybody at church says its gonna be a big baby. There's only one way out and I want to be able to do it w/o tearin my tail up! :

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell..I finally called my practice b/c I'm confused about the prenatal class schedule and the fact that I can't seem to escape this mw! Funny the interim peri coordinator knew who I was in that big practice. We talked about the mw who's taking over the classes b/c the resident is going out of the country for the month. The interim peri was great and is gonna adress the situation with her *again* since as the resident was trying to find the hb (I can't believe the mw (well and my attending doc who isn't in classes since she's special for my team b/c I kicked the mw), the only one who knows how to do the fetoscope),and she says 'well, you have that extra layer of fat. : She's a sista so she will have a different style from the peri coord. :LOL Maybe it will sink in that I'm really not appreciating it. She is testing me. : The classes are informative and I don't want to miss but I don't want to deal with the mw.

Oh and risk management is all up in L&D and they aren't offering wbs for now. They said they'd get me in a room with the jacuzzi to labor in. I stayed here b/c I thought I'd get the birth I wanted. I'm tired and I'm blowing through my choices here. In FYT, I was trying to help a mama b/c she just decided to leave Duke, which I was thinking coul be another choice if UNC didn't work out.
#18 of 76 Old 07-06-2004, 11:13 PM

Flitters! Congrats on the 10 year anniversary...sounds like you guys took as long as us to getting around to making it official :LOL It'll be 10 years for us the beginning of Sept. and we'll have our 5th wedding anniversary in Dec.
#19 of 76 Old 07-07-2004, 12:57 AM

Well, it has been two weeks since I managed to post here. All is well I've just been super busy! DH and I went out of town for THREE days without DD. The trip was good (we spent most of the time in the car) but the best part was how well it went for DD at home. She had a great time with her aunt and uncle and grandfather. I was so relieved when I called home the first time!

The 4th of July was DD's 2nd birthday so we had our own little celebration - it was lots of fun. I can't believe my "baby" is so grown up already.

So, for the question of the week... I was 9lbs 6oz at birth, DH was over 10lbs (4 weeks late) and DD was 8lbs 9oz. I'm expecting another big baby this time.

I'm in the process of considering a new ob. It is not so much that I'm not happy with my doc I just can't handler the travel it takes to see him. I've found another doctor that is within walking distance of my house. The only thing that holds me back from switching for sure is that the new doc delivers at another hospital I don't know much about. So I'm making phone calls this week and will go for a meeting with her (the new doc) next week. Anyway, that is what is going on with me.

Oh yes, I read about all the UTIs last week, I hope everyone is doing better now. I have never had one that I know of and I hope to keep it that way!
#20 of 76 Old 07-07-2004, 03:37 AM

Hey everyone, just checkin in. Looks like everyone had a nice holiday. My neighbors are STILL shooting off fireworks. Scared the hell out of Logan this afternoon as he was playing peacefully in the backyard, it sounded like WWIII out there. It's one thing on the 4th, when you're expecting it, but geesh, I feel like I'm under attack. If I had fur I'd be molting.

QOTW: We were all (dh, ds, and me) in the 7 lb. range, not too exciting. I'm hoping for at least an 8 pounder this time.

momadance: I put the painting up on the yahoo group site, so it wouldn't be just a blank page. I came across it while searching around online. This is all the info I have on it: Paula Modersohn-Becker, Reclining Mother & Child, 1906, Bremen, Roselius Collection. I've searched around a bit but can't find any place online that sells her prints. Maybe if you check an art and frame store where they have huge catalogs to go through, you might have some luck. (Let me know if you do.) BTW, I've loved seeing all the pics so far! Ireland looks so beautiful and Ember is so cute in her boots

Oh, and Piglet, I meant to say a while back, I hear ya on the Old Navy swimsuit. Logan and I have been going to the pool quite a bit and it comes in handy. I do have to wear a strapless bra under mine though, cause the top can kinda move around a lot, I wish there was a bit more elastic or something. Cause when dealing w/ a toddler in the water, things just don't stay in place.

As far as pregnancy goes, I have nothing but complaints. Yes, I'm tired again too. I can't believe I have 15 wks (there go the damn fireworks again ) left. My ribs feel crowded, I have to be practically reclining to eat, my hips hurt, and I'm still hungry. I'm craving the worst things too. I would live on cereal and waffles if I could. Sleeping is annoying to, I have like an hour long ritual of self maintenance just to get to the point where I can lay down and try to sleep. End complaint.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#21 of 76 Old 07-07-2004, 09:26 AM

Hit the first big landmark today, wahoo!!!

Sleeping like crap though. If I do manage to be somewhat comfy, I still wake up randomly and then can't sleep for a while. I sleep poorly from about 4am on. On the bright side, DS slept in his toddler bed (sidecarred to our bed) all night for the first time last night!!! That helps a lot!! (He came in to cuddle around 6:30, fine by me!) We worked on it at my mom's, since we were in the room with the daybed....the beds were touching each other, but I got him to stay on his bed, and was able to carry it over here. I'm so excited!! I love sleeping with him but it was really getting disruptive sometimes. He likes to pull my hair in his sleep and I was getting less and less space to sleep in, little bed hog.

Today is my first day alone as mommy with DS in 3 weeks. It'll be nice to get things back to normal, I just hope all still goes well in my uterus. Keep your fingers crossed!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#22 of 76 Old 07-07-2004, 09:41 AM

Cortney, your post about molting, and your preg. discomforts has me cracking up!

Flitters Congratulations

Oh, and I added some pics to our group! It was easier then I thought. We moma's make some good looking kids! I love seeing everyone!
#23 of 76 Old 07-07-2004, 11:17 AM

UGH!! i can't remember if this has been talked about or not, but is anyone else struggling with carpal tunnel? i got it with ds1 and ended up with pre-e! my bp has been really good so far...but that's beside the point...last night was horrible!! my hands were constantly numb and this morning my right hand hurt with shooting pain clear up my arm!! this is the worst it has been. anyway, just wondering if anyone else was fighting this and what do you do about it? sorry for the whine...

True...i hope you have a good day with ds...just remmeber to take it easy!!

Courtney and True....i hear ya on the not sleeping good...last night i was the most uncomfortable i have been. i normally can sleep on my sides for a long time...NOT last night...i was contantly flipping over and that's not easy to do with a big ol' belly to throw around, kwim? my hips just started to hurt if i didn't turn over all the time...anyway, i feel ya on the sleeping thing!
#24 of 76 Old 07-07-2004, 02:30 PM

I added a couple of pics of Lucy to the Yahoo group! I just have to get my mom or MIL to email me one of me! I don't have any on my computer!!!
#25 of 76 Old 07-07-2004, 03:03 PM

25 weeks!

Hi all- it's been ages since I've posted but I have to confess, I read the boards at least twice a week.

QOTW - no clue what I weighed at birth, but I think it was in the 6lb. range. Not sure of the sperm donor's weight either [don't even know if that info was provided by the sperm bank] so I suppose baby's weight will remain a mystery.

We're finally getting settled into the new house after a nightmare closing experience. I think we've got well over 75% of the boxes unpacked!

My folks came over last week to help paint the living and dining rooms - which was great. This weekend we're tackling the nursery and the guest room. My folks have really been supportive lately, although my dad is concerned about me getting enough protein and harps on it all the time. I was living vegetarian for a couple of years but have added chicken about once per week since being preggo. But honestly, it's something that I watch like a hawk already (bad pun unintended)...

We also had house guests this weekend and hosted a BBQ on Sat. night. While the rest of the family was painting, I was relegated into the kitchen (away from the paint fumes) and made a huge pasta salad - yum. Speaking of food - I hear you on the 'always hungry' mode. It seems as if my stomach is a masochist (or is it sadist?) because it always wants more even when there's no room.

This weekend was great - on Sunday we went to watch my friend Peter race his bicycle at the velodrome. (It's a professional bike track that has high sloped walls.) Last year Peter was ranked #2 in Oregon, so watching him compete is always a treat. (Did someone else mention their DH is a cyclist?)

I've really grown a lot since the last 2 weeks - my pregnancy is oh so obvious now, which I love. My main complaints are swollen ankles and pained ribs.
#26 of 76 Old 07-07-2004, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

25 weeks, 2 days

Boy do I hear you mamas on the complaints! Glad to read them as I was coming here to post my own whines. I was so comfy with my first pregnancy, I don't know whether it's because I have a toddler and am working, or I'm just getting old!

I live 2 blocks from work, and yet I feel like I've run a marathon when I get there. I walked really slowly today and that helped, but I'm usually a fast walker and I felt like a bloody invalid. Yesterday when I got to work I was messing around in the lab and kept having to sit down. My energy levels are at an all time low, and everything seems like an effort. And I have 14 weeks of this left!

I don't have carpal tunnel, but my sciatic nerves on both sides flare up alot. It's getting harder to sleep comfortably. Thank god DD is nursing alot less at night, and sleeping through often...I get so sore when I'm on one side for long. My back is becoming uncomfortable b/c of the size of my tummy - Sasha kicks alot when I'm on my back. Thank goodness for my saggy, milkless boobs (whoever thought I'd say that) - they are the reason I can still sleep on my stomach!

Courtney: uh...cereal and waffles huh? you been spying on me? is that a joke? :LOL Seriously, I live on cereal and frozen waffles with jam these days, lol.

Letia: I can't believe you are still having to deal with that "fat" garbage from that MW. I hope you find an escape from her and her nasty attitude soon!

#27 of 76 Old 07-07-2004, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet68
25 weeks, 2 days

Thank goodness for my saggy, milkless boobs (whoever thought I'd say that) - they are the reason I can still sleep on my stomach!

GIRL...how do you sleep on your tummy!!! Doesn't that hurt!!! I'd worry about shquishing the little bean. Mercy, i can't even imagine doing that... at least you have a way to sleep comfy tho!
#28 of 76 Old 07-07-2004, 06:11 PM

Can you add me to the list? I am due Oct 20th

My daughter was born weighing 7 1/2 pounds. She was supposidly 2 weeks late, and induced. I think she just wasn't quite ready to come out.

This time we are doing a HBAC and I am hoping to have the baby early about 38-39 weeks would be *NICE*

I like hearing about you other mamas and other mamas to be

P.S. I was 7 lbs. 11 oz at birth
#29 of 76 Old 07-07-2004, 06:25 PM

(there go the damn fireworks again )

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time, but this comment made me LOL : I can just imagine you sitting there typing and then all of sudden jumping out of your skin!!
#30 of 76 Old 07-07-2004, 06:32 PM

Anyone worried that there little bean isn't moving enough? I know with Collin I was on my feet a lot working f/t so at night is when I would mainly feel him moving around. Aidan and Sammy were quite active, but this little guy isn't as much. I feel him move every day, he gets the hiccups quite often, my belly has bounced a few times, but sometimes I worry that he should be moving more. He is positioned really low. And I have been feeling the best during this pg that I have been active a lot, course I do have 3 toddlers running around that keep me busy as well. Can someone reassure me that all is ok? Were any of your little ones calm in utero? TIA mamas!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page