sunshinegal 10/25
truebluexf 10/27
Soogie 10/27
ameliabedelia 10/29 GIRL! Greta Marie
flitters 10/30
BeauGeek 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
guinnessinu 10/31 TWINS! BOY! and BOY!

Good morning everybody! Hope you all had a nice weekend. Mine was pretty relaxing, though I'm SO feeling it at the end of the day when I'm out and about with my daughter. I sleep so much on weekends (bless my sweet DH!), and even with the little I do, I am always so exhausted at the end of the day. I just need to really pace myself, I guess!

Question of the Week: now that many of us are feeling the physical effects of pregnancy, in terms of stamina, etc....how are your partners dealing with this?

My DH has really been great. Sometimes I feel I have to remind him that I may "look" fine, just a few pounds heavier, but that pregnancy is more than just a few added pounds. He teases me about "sleeping all day" and then being tired at night. I also need to remind him that I get emotional. For example: yesterday at our community pool I saw this horrible woman spanking her little boy (couldn't have been more than 3) and telling him to "shut up". Forgive me for being "un-PC" here - but she was the poster child for white trash. Thank goodness they were leaving. And luckily DD didn't see any of this. We live in a fairly poor area because it's so close to work, and stuff like this happens fairly often. I also see/hear parents talking really badly to their kids, humiliating them, shaming them, etc...and alot of smoking in front of kids and babies....so anyways, being rather hormonal (topped with a healthy dose of homesickness for my crunchy BC) I lost it last night and ranted about how much I hate this neighbourhood, how I can't wait to leave here, etc. DH, being a typical male, didn't understand this as a rant, but rather took personal responsibility for me being so unhappy. Thus he got very defensive and accused me of being a snob. Anyways, a few harsh words and tears later (on my part), he apologized and gave me a big hug. Then I explained to him how hormonal I am, and he promised to try to be more sensitive than that.

There, that's my drama!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2004, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mornin'!

piglet...i'm glad dh understood in the end...too bad it had to go that way tho. i guess i too get pretty tired at the end of the day, but i just keep going...i guess i'm just not one to let on how i really feel...i proly should, just so i'd take it more easy, but yes, i do get tired. and dh is good about letting me just sit if i need to.

we had an average weekend...not too exciting...i did get to spend the day sewing on sat without the boys...our church had a craft day....bring whatever you're working on and have fun! i got most of a baby blanket made...finished it yesterday..i really like it!!
Old 07-12-2004, 01:12 PM

QOTW: Yes, I'm definately feeling this, both physically and emotionally. I can cry at the drop of a hat, even over stuff that I realize is silly at the time. But sometimes it's like I just can't turn the tears off. Hormones, hormones... I still don't feel like I look huge, but I'm finding it harder to get comfortable sleeping or sitting for long periods of time. DH blew up the "birth ball" and I love sitting on that knitting or at the computer, it's so much more comfortable for me than a regular chair. It's also requires some serious innovation to find a comfortable way to be intimate w/ DH. I'm not feeling overly interested in sex physically, but I do love the intimacy of it, and of course it's very important to DH, so I've been trying to make more of an effort even though I may not always be super aroused.

This week I see my doc, and am due for my glucose test and rhogam. I had her nurse practitioner call to see if the rhogam from the hospital has thimerosol in it, and they said no, but you can be sure I'll be asking to verify by seeing the package insert myself. I'm prepared to get a hard time, but oh well. I don't feel overly compelled to do the glucose test, but on one hand I really don't have any *huge* objections to it, so I feel like I need to choose my battles ... I don't know if that makes any sense or not :P

Hope everyone is having a lovely start to their week!
Old 07-12-2004, 02:16 PM

Happy Third Trimester to Me!!!

QOTW: Yes, I am feeling this pregnancy a LOT now. I am hot and sticky and my back hurts and my feet are starting to get really sore by the end of my days. Dh is being pretty good about it. He takes care of dd whenever he is home so I can rest or run errands alone - which is so much easier. I get a back massage every night before bed. He gets me water during the night if I need it, or gets up to turn the A/c on if I want, etc....he always carries Lucy so I don't have to. He does the heavy housework for me like mopping or scrubbing the tub. He sometimes gets a little fed up with my requests and gets a smidge snarky, but hey - he is doing a lot.

I'm feeling the pregnancy hormonally, too. I am a lot more short-tempered with dd especially at night, when I am just SOOOOOOO wiped out. She accidentally had some nuts yesterday, so she was up all last night crying and whining. I know she was probably feeling bad, but she was making me so insane - I couldn't help but to feel impatient and upset! I would JUST start to fall asleep and she would wake and start crying and clawing at me. This happened all night long....we are both exhausted! I feel like such a bad mama for getting frustrated with her. (Though I acted sweet and comforting - inside I was screaming, "PLEASE GO TO SLEEP, KID!) Since she was born, I have spent maybe 9 or 10 nights up all night soothing her when she was sick. I don't wanna ring my own bell, but it's something I have felt that I am very good at - taking care of her when she is most needy. But it was just so much to handle last night! My patience level is teeny.

Piglet - Ok, let me just say I know exactly what you are saying about the Metro neighborhood. I used to live on W.14th st and Clark. I saw waaaaaaay more than the average amount of terrible parents up there. It is so painful to see. There is a lot of poverty and very young or absent parents living in that area. The education system there is awful, too.

It is very hard not to judge people for mistreating their children, especially when in such a hormonal state.

Letia, how you doin', hon? Have you come up with any ideas about waterbirthing? Or do you think you just have to abandon the idea?
Old 07-12-2004, 02:58 PM

Whoo hoo Lucysmama ... I can't believe how fast the time is flying!
Old 07-12-2004, 03:01 PM

Friday I was hot and dh was laying there and I asked him how hot it was, since even tho I have the a/c on 75 or so, the thermostat still says 80+. He said he was laying down and I got up, he *knows* it takes me an hour to get off the couch I walked into the bedroom and stripped and layed in the bed on his side. I was mad at him and he had the *nerve* to seem like he was irritated with me the rest of the night. Then Saturday was my 30th: birthday. I had a pedicure scheduled, the whole not being able to breathe and give myself one, and the massuese didn't bother to put a message on her machine that she was out of town, so I didn't get a pg massage. (I was ill with dh so maybe it was best so he wouldn't be touching me) When I got back, he had the telltale box on the coffee table (Helzberg Diamonds). He got me some diamond teardrop earrings to match the diamond teardrop pendant he got me in memory of Jordan. ( forgot about the whole diamonds controversy....but the last I heard is that its hard to trace...I need to educate myself more and what better place! ) He was forgiven, so then I agreed to the previously planned brunch. Then we came home and we napped since, no massage that day. I started cramping/contracting and I felt bad the rest of the evening. It kept on during the night. I went to church and then came home and decided to call, and on prodding from one of the ministers who knew I was feeling bad. The resident on call said it sounded like I had uterine irritation, take it easy and drink lots of water and she'd check the baby's hb in the am. I didn't wanna call and be know as "The Girl Who Cried PTL," : Mama was talking about going to dinner for my bday and when we decided to go later and I said good I can call the doc and "contractions," they scattered like roaches and the dinner was cancelled. :LOL I layed on the couch with the hot water bottle and drank water. I got up this am and went. Everything is normal. : The feeling so low is normal and could be round ligament stretching and the baby moving around. She was nice, and due next month with #1 and said its hard for the pros to tell. She couldn't use the fetoscope but tried! I said since I was coming off schedule, use the doppler on and off. No internal done this time. She went ahead and did the hemercrit? the iron b/t, while I was there. So now I'm home, wishing I was at my mamas in the pool....maybe I can live in the pool the next three months. This is uncomfortable! : I told mama to tell her grandchild to move up!

Wb.....well, the post in B&B was upsetting! I have had concerns about being pulled out and I think its selfish of me to jeopardize someones job and license. I'm gonna need to discuss it further with the peri coordinator, esp in light that it actually *has* happened! The practice is great, except the MW. Just the hospital is trippin on me! I will ask about a waiver, Katie. I have that written down! I think. Ya know, they are the backup for the bc, maybe they can use it! :LOL Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah...I think I'd rather be at the hosp than to possibly have to transfer.

I seeing the pics! Katie! where are u! I saw those pics of Luc on a link of yours once! Soooooo cute! OK, I'm guilty of lurkin too and her commentary on your body had me :!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell....I'm gon go and read the Bible and pray for today.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:07 PM

Hi all, I had a pretty good weekend. I got a massage on saturday so that was really nice. I relaxed a lot, I am getting really tired and napping a lot too. The wierdest thing is happening, when I lie on my left side, I get heartburn right away but on my right I am fine. Which means I have only one position to sleep in and my right arm and shoulder get all cramped up!

Bad news this week is my husband lost his job but we are staying positive and trying not to stress out. It will be best in the long run because he was very unhappy and he does have some good leads already. The bummer is we worked for the same company for 4 years so I was used to seeing him throughout the day. And everyone keeps giving me sympathetic looks but nobody has said anything to me yet. And I have to work for the bosses that fired him! Anyway, I need to make sure the anxiety doesn't creep up on me, I really hope he finds something quickly.

QOTW: My DH is pretty sympathetic to the emotional changes because they have been pretty obvious throughout my pregnancy but now the physical changes are starting to get in the way. Like yesterday we came to the office to clean out his desk (since he got fired) and he had two big boxes of stuff to carry and didn't realize that I cannot carry a heavy box pressed against my belly! duh! But he is starting to get it.

Hope you all have a great week and send us get a great job vibes please!!
Old 07-12-2004, 03:18 PM

First I want to send to all of you who are uncomfortable and tired.

Lucysmama--Congrats on trimester #3!!! I am just a couple weeks away myself and am starting to be ready to have all of this over. And with lucy last night--you did great! We all go through it and our children never stop loving us

Well I had a very crazy weekend. We had friends from Maryland staying with us for a mutual friends' wedding on Saturday. The wedding was beautiful. OUtside in a gorgeous flower garden--but wedding's just bore the heck out of me. I was so proud of dh. He is not into weddings either, but he came with me because he knew I really wanted him to and we got to slow dance, which was so nice!! Not something you get to do everyday with your honey.

Also this weekend was a family reunion/camping trip on dh's side of the family. I missed it, but Sunday we had some of his family come over to visit. It was nice to see them, but I am so thankful to have today be quiet and peaceful. I have felt pretty good and energetic this pg but today--I feel so tired and lazy. So I am going with the feeling

QOTW: This has been my easiest pg so far. I have felt the best and energetic. With my past 3 pg's I had back pain and was tired, but this one I have had hardly any pain--I am so thankful! I am starting to feel "big" though I have only gained around 15 lbs., and I am dealing with a bit more swelling in my hands and feet due to the weather. I too have been emotional. I was feeling very overwhelmed Friday before our friends arrived. I was getting continuous pressure from mil to come out to the family reunion. She just wasn't getting it that I did NOT have the time to make it.

Well I wish you all a great week. Will check in later!
Old 07-12-2004, 03:26 PM

Saw the mw this morning, and everything is looking good. Had my glucose blood draw (ate a nice big 100g carb breakfast this morning instead of sugar cola), and measured right on at 25cm. I can't believe I made my August appt when I was leaving, wow August!

I guess I'm a bit hormonal, but mostly just tired and really antsy and sick of being on modified bedrest. I'm slowly adding more to my days, but it's getting old, you know? I can't wait to hit 32 weeks or so and know I'm pretty much home free. I have no stamina now either from being so sedentary. DH has been pretty good, he helps out a lot but now keeps saying we should adopt if we have another (this pg has been a big hard on him I guess ) but he'll forget later on. Not that I wouldn't want to adopt, but I really love the feeling of a baby moving inside me and I'm not sure I'm ready for this to be the last time I get to feel it!

I gotta go take a nap....ttyl!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 07-12-2004, 05:22 PM

hi and happy monday!

it sounds like the weekends were pretty good all around. i actually threw a surprise party for my dh on saturday for his 40th birthday. he was completely surprised and it went really well. i exhausted myself frantically cleaning before the party, but sunday i rested and now i feel fine.

katemary, sorry about your husband's job. much luck with the leads.

trueblue, hugs for getting through the scary part and waiting out the modified bedrest, i hope it gets easier from here.

wannabmommie, good luck with getting the care you are looking for... it sounds like it has been a very frustrating experience.

lucysmama, i'm sorry lucy had such a bad night. nuts make me sick too.

QOTW: it's nice to hear that for the most part you are all getting good support from your partners... it must be so difficult giving so much energy to your other children when you have none left! my dh has been wonderful. he does lots around the house, is finally getting going with some projects that really should be done before the baby comes, and he actually encourages me to get more rest than i do. emotionally i'm pretty ok, the only difference is that i cry easily now - happy, sad, whatever. i've probably cried more in the last 6 months than the last 6 years. but he understands it's hormones and is really quite cute about hugging me when i burst into tears watching a hippopotamus give birth on the discovery channel, or even worse, watching that horse race a few weeks ago - for whatever reason seeing those horses run in a big circle was enough to make me cry.

i'm glad to hear mostly things are going well with the pregnancies though, although it sounds like some discomforts are increasing in our group. i'm doing really well, nothing particularly uncomfortable for me, although i do have one weird pain that started last night down low on the right side of my pubic bone. it's a stabbing pain, sharp, but goes away quickly then will come back again randomly. i think it's just more connective tissue stretching and it even feels a bit tender if i press on the bone where it hurts. i'm not worried about it, i think my body is just working on widening itself. has anyone had pain there? i've had soreness there but it was usually in the middle of my pubic bone and less sharp.

i actually have a couple other questions too:

do you have a linea negra yet? i keep expecting one to show up but nothing really yet - i thought it would be here by now... especially with the impressive tummy growth i've had in the last two weeks.

also, what are your belly buttons doing? mine is now much broader and more shallow. the funny thing is that i think part of it is considering starting to stick out... twice now at the end of the day, after much kicking from the inside, a small area of my belly button gets puffy, but then sinks back in later.

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
Old 07-12-2004, 06:04 PM

My belly button is getting ready....if i push on my belly around it it becomes an outy...but we're not really there yet! i remember it took a lot longer than i thought it would last time. i kept thinking, next week it'll be an outy! but it took til like 30 weeks or so!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 07-12-2004, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

26 weeks

Getting ready to join you ladies in the third trimester. Wow!

My belly button has gone from a fairly deep innie, to a pretty flat surface, lol. I don't have a linea nigra yet, but IIRC it didn't start until close to the end with my last pregnancy, then it also went around my belly button. It took quite a long time (months and months) to go away. The only colouration I've noticed is that my nipples are most definitely alot darker than usual.

KateMary: I'm sorry about your DH losing his job, must be doubly hard when you work at the same place! I'm hoping he finds something more to his liking soon. These things can have a way of working out to be better. Like Life is giving us a kick in the pants, kwim?

I went to my followup appointment with my cardiologist today. I got to give him back the heart monitor (boy, the novelty of that wore off REAL fast) and basically the diagnosis was that everything is fine and normal, and it's just the regular stuff of pregnancy.

As much as I'm complaining about not being fit, I have to say that I am not feeling "done" yet. In fact, I never felt that way with DD either. I loved being PG, and I still love it. And I'm quite sure this is my last one, so I'm trying to savour this as much as I can. I just hate being so "out of shape" physically, but I'll just slow down a bit and it will be okay.

Katie, yup you know the neighbourhood alright! And hey, cut yourself some slack on the rough night with Lucy. It's not like you yelled at her or anything. I've had many a night where, inside my head, I've moaned "oh for godssake just go back to SLEEP already!" but am sweet and patient with DD out loud. That's nothing to feel bad about, though it takes a lot of effort, lol.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 07-12-2004, 06:57 PM

Looks like the homebirth is on! Thank goodness! I have been totally freaking out about the Hospital. I don't want to mention my worries here though, because they could be contagios. It's mainly how they handle the babes.

I have been hoping for my belly button to disappear. THis is gonna sound weird, but it seems like the only time you can really get it clean

Katemary s

This weekend was ok. We went to Dh's company picnic. I thought it'd be a little more family oriented. It wasn't! He's at an architect/interior design firm, and no one else has kids, and the majority of men he works with are gay, and they seem like a bunch that likes to party! They chose a cool place though, and it had a butterfly sancuary. It was very cool. Lots of awesome photos, and Miles was tripping out at all the butterflies, (as was I)

I want a weekend where we have nothing to do, and it looks like it's not gonna happen until Sept. this was supposed to be our chill and enjoy our last moments as a trio summer So much for planning...

Heartburn is killing me! Last night I made fresh corn fritters, corn on the cob and tomatoe, pesto, and fresh mozzarella salads for dinner, and my esaphagus was flaming for the rest of the night. Ok I know the tomatoes, but this morning I made groats for breakfast, and then got heartburn! THat's just nuts! I mean it's basically whole oatmeal. Now what about that, can give a person heartburn? Yeesh!
Old 07-12-2004, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance
I have been hoping for my belly button to disappear. THis is gonna sound weird, but it seems like the only time you can really get it clean
:LOL

and hey, congrats on the homebirth plans coming together!

Okay, I finally posted some pics. They are a bit outdated but DH still hasn't uploaded our latest batch of photos so I will add the recent ones when I can. I loved looking at all the photos - we ARE a good looking bunch o' mamas!!

Old 07-12-2004, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet68
I loved looking at all the photos - we ARE a good looking bunch o' mamas!!
Yeah we are!

My belly button seems to be the same as you guys - flat and sometimes getting puffy. No linea whatever here yet, I was just wondering about that too. Mine took forever to go away last time as well.

KateMary - Sending good job hunting vibes your way for dh, so sorry you guys are having to go through this right now. Like you don't have enough going on already!

Momadance - congratulations on the homebirth, yay, that's so exciting. I'm really excited about mine too (it'll be my first). Oh and I just found out dh's insurance at work changed from HMO to PPO, so we can at least get 50 % of the midwife payed for. We were having to pay for the whole thing out of pocket - which was a little stressful.

QOTW: I'm going to try not to say anything too rude about my husband, but he doesn't really treat me any differently. I still do all, and I mean all of the housework. And I still give all baths, make all meals, etc. I ask repeatedly for him to help, but he's too tired. He does take out the trash occasionally if I ask him over and over - and he's not nice about it when he does it. He's very emotionally supportive, and sort of coddles me when I cry for no reason or whatever. But I really have to ask him to do things that I just can't do anymore and if he wants to be pissy about it, so be it. I'm so jealous of you ladies who get massages from your dh's, mine probably thinks he's more deserving of one than me. This is kind of a sore spot for me, so I may be exaggerating a little. It would be nice to get some special treatment occassionally, though.

Letia - I'm still laughing about your post. Did you really get diamond earrings because dh made you get up from the couch? That's awesome. J/K, I know it was more meaningful than that. Glad everything's okay with the baby.

talk to you ladies later!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

Old 07-12-2004, 10:19 PM

26 weeks tomorrow!
(Am I the only one that's losing track of this number week to week?)

KateMary - I am so sorry to hear your news - we'll all be sending the good job vibes your way.

Man, have I felt tired over this last week; it's reminding me of the first trimester. I actually left work early last Monday to come to the hotel for a nap (I travel for work during the week). It was so luxurious and I didn't feel one bit guilty. It seems as if I can sink into a snooze at the drop of a hat these days. (And secretly, I love naps, so it's not all bad!)

QOTW: DW has been sooo supportive on energy levels and she tries so hard not to laugh at me when I cry over silly things. (Let's see, things that have made me cry include sappy movie scenes, a funeral procession while driving, commercials, you name it!) Sheryl is the cook in the house so I always get that chore off my plate and lately she's been insisting I take it easy when I show the slightest sign of fatigue (and really means it). This has been especially important since we just moved a few weeks ago and there is *so* much work to do.

We painted the nursery over the weekend (or should I say, my family did - again I was relegated to other parts of the house due to the fumes). It looks great - we went with a peachy/orange color that we just love. (You can check it out on our blog - www.sanfordanderson.com/beananderson.) Does anyone else out there do the blog thing? Sheryl does most of the posting, but I update about once a week.

I had the best ego boost earlier today; we had a work meeting where I got to see colleagues that I haven't seen in months. Everyone was so excited to see my belly and I had several remarks that I was looking great - even went as far as asking me what kind of diet I've been on since I haven't gained that much extra weight. (I bit my tongue and didn't disclose that I've been living on chocolate and grilled cheese!) I guess I had enough fat reserves going into this pregnancy that my body doesn't seem to need to add a bunch more - phew. And here I was all paranoid about the recent uptick in weight.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Beansmomma: great painting job! I love your house too, has alot of character in the architecture.

I don't blog. I have a journal that I started when I was 12. Funny how, when my life was nothing but boys and crushes, I could write pages and pages. Now that I'm a parent and my life is full of Meaning and Wonderful Things...can I find the energy to write? no...lol.

Old 07-13-2004, 12:27 AM

Thanks for the reassurance, everyone. It is just so darn hard to be patient with toddlers sometimes...add to that my pregnancy, and sometimes I feel like I am losing it inside. I guess that is normal!

Lucy is feeling much better. She stopped tantruming and crying in the afternoon, so I took her for a nice long swim so she could relax and let go of some frustration. Then, I asked her what she wanted to do most of all that night. She said, "I wish we could go to a birthday party." Well, she had just had a really rough time, so I hated to refuse her sweet 2-year-old request. We went to the store and bought balloons and cake ingredients, and she and I made a huge chocolate birthday cake, complete with rainbow sprinkles and a zillion candles. When dh got off of work, we threw Lucy an "un-Birthday Party." She was over the moon. She must have sang herself the birthday song 20 times, and she ate gobs of cake. So did I. I feel kinda ! She totally crashed out afterwards, sooooo happy about going to a party.

The belly button: mine never popped last time. I really wanted it to! It got really shallow, but that's it. It doesn't look like it will pop this time, either. I still can stick my finger in 1/2 inch or so. So I have this weird indentation in my otherwise round belly. It looks a little weird.

The linea nigra: never got that either. I am the fairest person I know, though...I am like WHITE. So maybe that has something to do with it.

I am however, blessed with the stretch-mark gene. I don't have any yet with this pregnancy, but I got a bunch during my last, all around my belly button. They are pretty faded now. I'm hoping I won't get new ones this time, since I've already been stretched once!!! Do you guys have any?
Old 07-13-2004, 01:12 AM

Good evening all (ok, it is night).

First of all I have to say sorry to hear about your DH loosing his job KateMary, Dh lost his job about 1 month before DD was born... it was stressful at first but everything worked out for the best in the end. I will hope that you also get a good outcome.

Re the QOTW, I think I'm more in the position of CourtneyandLogan. Dh does do a few extra things and will pick up Clara if I ask him but I don't get much help in the way of regular housework or any massages or backrubs or anything like that. I have to ask outright to get any special attention which I do from time to time but it is not the same as having these things offered.

I am feeling the physical strain of this pregnancy quite heavily now. Sleeping is uncomfortable, my back hurts, I think I'm getting the beginning of sciatic nerve problems (lots of painful twinges). No linea negra to speak of though and I'll be a bit surprised if I get one cause I hardly had anything noticable with my last pregnancy. The belly button however is a partial innie. The top "lip" sticks out but the bottom still goes in. DH thinks it is hilarious!

I started a whole other thread about my adventures in switching doctors so I won't go into that mess here! Just send me good luck vibes OK?

Have a great, healthy week everyone... keep up the good work amazing mamas!
Old 07-13-2004, 01:15 AM

ummmm, anyone got any good sunburn remedies?? i took the boys swimming today and it was 93 degrees and i didn't put on any sunscreen till we had been there awhile and then it was only 10 spf...i'm sorta paying for that now...oh, and we were there a little over 4 hrs...all i have in the house is plain ol' lotion....we did have fun though...

katemary...sorry 'bout the job thing...hope he finds something soon.

lucysmama....it is so hard to be patient at all, and then being pregnant to boot is even harder...i know how you feel! and if you want to talk stretch marks, bring it on!! my mom and g-ma NEVER got the blasted things!! but two babies over 10lbs will do that to a gal, i spose...

letia....that is such a bummer about all the troubles in finding a practice you are comfortable with...glad the ctx's weren't anything too serious.

trueblue...i was on complete bedrest with ds #1 for three weeks...and i didn't have any other kiddos...i'm sure being on even modified BR must be difficult...hopefully the rest of you pregnancy is uneventful.

i have a grand canyon belly button...it has never popped out! and this is my 4th pregnancy and i have never had a linea negra...don't know why.

piglet...great news about the heart testing...i'm an RN and i hate cardiology stuff...it gives me the willies! i'll just stick with mamas and babies!

mamadance....horray for the HB!!

courtney...sorry you aren't getting all that much help at home...i'm sure that must be frustrating.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:18 AM

speaking of crying at the drop of a hat, I'm sitting here wiping away tears at your birthday party story, Katie. What a lucky little girl.

I haven't gotten any new stretch marks, just have a ton from the last go round. I never got any on my belly - just everywhere else conceivable.

I need to get off the computer, I spend way too much time here.

I really liked your blog site Beansmomma! The nursery is gorgeous!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

Old 07-13-2004, 01:40 AM

Beansmomma, I LOVE your nursery color! What a nice paint job! We're painting our whole house right now. I know what you mean by a lot of work!!! Our house had a lot of peeling lead paint, so DH wet-scraped/sanded it all off, and now our friends are helping us paint. I'm not doing any of the work, just helping with supplies, food, etc. I feel very silly, but I even wear a "P-type" respirator when in the house. It was $30 from Menard's, but removes 99.7% of all paint fumes. Great idea for anyone living with fresh paint!

My belly-button popped out permanently last week! No stretch marks yet, I wonder when those will start?

KateMary - I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's job. I'll be thinking of you. I'm glad you're staying positive! It's so important to not get too stressed right now!

Emotional? Me? I started crying during a discussion with my brother about homeschooling. It turned into a heated discussion, and I just started bawling, upset that he was "yelling" at me. Oh, and I cried in front of a professor at work. Talk about embarassing!
Old 07-13-2004, 02:32 AM

Gosh, I don't think I have ever posted this late in the thread :LOL I am sure I will forget to say something to someone because there is so much to catch up on so no hard feelings if I missed something, 'k.

KateMary- Sorry about your Dh being fired...hope it turns out to be a blessing in disguise!

Letia- Sorry you had more contraction worries. Wow, sounds like you have a lovely 3pc diamond set with beautiful sentiments now, that was really nice of your Dh.

Beansmomma- I checked out your room too, awesome! The whole house looks really nice and cozy.

Courtney- My Dh is more along the lines of yours, just to let you know you aren't all alone, I never had a backrub last pregnancy or this one, tho I did get one foot rub. I will elaborate more on the QOTW later.

Katie- , that's the worst time isn't it? Sounds like you are doing a great job of not taking it out on Lucy though...but even still the feelings are hard to swallow.

About the belly button/linea nigra/strech marks....I never got an outie last time and don't expect it this time either...same with the linea nigra (so I guess the old wives tale about that determining sex is just that as I have been pregnant with one of each). Strech marks on the other hand...I've sure been blessed with those : Last time they were climbing so high they almost reached my boobs! It's hard to tell if I have new ones or just the old ones but I noticed there are purplish ones, prob. new. I had one in particular near my hairline that was like a crater, strange!

Now for the QOTW- My Dh doesn't treat me a whole lot different. He is laid off right now so is home more, and does help out a lot more by cooking dinner but that's about it. Well he did fold laundry tonight, I guess that counts too Ember is such a momma's girl and daddy just won't do so I don't get much help in that area, can't even go to the grocery store by myself without bribery (so therefore she just comes). I guess having him home is nice in that way too, he is usually the one to go run errands. The area that he has always been good in though is never getting on my case about housework, and that sort of thing...he knows that Ember comes first and so with being pregnant it's the same
Old 07-13-2004, 10:09 AM

I forgot to respond to the QOTW! Dh is pretty good (when he's home) He works full time, and goes to school full time. We see him Mon. and Wed. he's home by about 6:30. Tues. and Thurs. We don't see him at all. He's gone ALL Day till about 10:30. Every other Fri. He's off which is cool. When he is home, he's all about me and ds. He and ds go play after dinner (outside) and I hang back here. (and the house stays perpetually messy) And they both give me belly rubs befor bed with some stinky stuff that's supposed to keep the stretch marks away. I was complaining about getting them with Miles, and my mom said "oh, you got those because you got too fat" oh! Thanks mom. I gained 45 with him, no big deal. Leave it to mama ya' know!

As far as being oversensitive, I got pretty p.o'd at my sis the other day. She asked me about circing the babe. I told her we didn't plan on it. She asked why, so I calmly told her the deal, and after the many reasons I listed, her main concern was vanity. His penis will look diff. Now, she has a breast job, so I understand she has an "issue" about looks, but it was so hard for me not to lose it on her. She's a chiropractor for god's sake! I just told her, if she was in my shoes, she'd make the same choice, and if she's that interested in the subject, I'd send her some reading material and shoot her to a website that show's a videio of the barbaric procedure. I also asked her how she'd like to have her eyelid removed! Her attitude really made me wanna cry! I don't think my son's penis ever needs to be a topic of converstation like that again :
Old 07-13-2004, 10:44 AM

24 weeks (beansmama, I get confused on the weeks as well now, I used to just know, but now I am not sure, I have to go to babycenter.com and check LOL).

Wow, I have lots of catching up to do. Haven't been on much lately. DH is unemployed right now as well, although I know he will get a new job quickly. He is a Spanish teacher, but not yet certified, so that is why he is unemployed, he wasn't able to certified in time for No Child Left Behind Act and where we live it is really hard to get certified to teach if you didn't go through a traditional teacher education program from the beginning. So, we are selling the house and moving to another state where certification is much easier to get if you already have a degree in something else. So, that is major stress around here. We need to sell the house ASAP and he needs to find a new job, so we don't really know where we will end up (although we think New York probably). So add me to those movingm pregnant mamas, what a pain!

I can relate to all the hormonal problems. I cry at the drop of a hat and am major sensitive and hormonal. Yesterday I was just screaming and crying at DH because I didn't think he was helping me enough around the house. So, I guess that answers the question of the week. DH is really good with DD, and will watch her for hours and if he is home I can run out and do things no problem. She has no problem staying with him or going places with him. He is really good in that respect, but as for doing housework and such, it is almost all me. He just doesn't see that is needs to be done, and isn't good at keeping up with the house. So, that is hard on me right now, when there is so much to do with selling the house and all. He is helping more now, but I have to ask him or kinda direct him to what to do.

KateMary, I am sorry about your husband's job.

Katie, That birthday party sounded so much fun. What a sweet idea. I can totally relate to you not having as much patience. My patience with DD has dropped considerably. It is soooo hard at times, and I feel like such a bad mommy because I just don't have as much patience, (especially when it comes to nursing, she is driving me crazy with constantly wanting to nurse, whenever I sit down).

I don't have an outie belly buttun either, it never went out with DD and is really in with this one as well. Darn, I kinda wanted one, but oh well. I also don't have linea negra or stretch marks or anything like that, so I guess I can't complain.

My complain right now is my back hurts, a lot. If I am standing too much or sitting too much in one position or bending over to pick things up, it hurts. This morning, I was outside doing some yard work, and I was bending over and went to stand up and couldn't get up. My back was just killing me. It is a little better now, but I feel like I am 97 years old, with all these aches and pains.

momadance, congrats on the homebirth, That is awesome.

It is so much fun to see pictures of everyone. I have to say that no one really looks the way I had pictured them to look. Funny, how you think someone looks a certain way and they really look completely different. LOL

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

Old 07-13-2004, 12:28 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new here And 26 weeks today. Why is it that weeks 20-30 crawl by so slowly?? Seems like I was in my first trimester as soon as I found out I was pregnant, then before I knew it, I was having my ultrasound, and now it feels like I've been 20-some weeks forever.

QOTW: my DH has been through this two times before, so he is not treating me any differently. I wish he would, though - I'm pretty emotional, so one wrong word from him sends me into tears. I think he should be a little bit more sensitive towards me when I'm pregnant.

--
Jen
doula and mom to:
Darien (8/12/00 C-section for failed induction, malposition)
Adam (9/19/02 unmedicated 41-week VBAC)
*surprise* (due 10/19/04)
Old 07-13-2004, 01:25 PM

Phew! Do I have a lot of catching up to do!

I know that if I try to respond to everyone individually I am just going to forget someone, and I'm trying to get this post out before Alias wakes up, so I'm just going to send out some and : and to all who may need it. And of course a to JenDoula.

QOTW: My husband has been great helping out. He shares in the house work and meal prep, but he always has. What has been really helpful lately is that he has taken on more of the Alias stuff. Yesterday he made Alias dinner, gave him a bath and put him to bed. And I got to spend the evening on the couch reading, it was reading for school but it was still relaxing.

As for the stretch marks, linea negra and belly button... No new stretch marks yet, seems the ones I got last time are providing enough stretch room. but I seem to remember not getting any sign of stretch marks until pretty late in the pregnancy so I won't be surprised if I get any new ones by the time Harrison is born. Never had linea negra and don't think I'll get it this time. I'm probably giving Katie a run for her money on the palest gal here. So I don't think I have enough skin pigmentation to get one. And my belly button is starting to pop out. Most of it is flat but the top part of popping out. So it's kind of at a down wards slop.

The condo is once again free of house guests. I love having visitors but it is so great to have our home back. And now the craziness of school begins. It's a year long class that is being condenssed into 6 weeks, so I'm going to be insanely busy unitl mid-August. But it'll only last 6 weeks so at least it won't be for too long.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:10 PM

Welcome JenDoula!

Mirthfulmum- Yikes, I can't imagine trying to cram a years worth of learning into my preggo brain right now...although I am sure you will do fine with it

Amelia- Good luck with selling the house, moving and Dh finding a job...I've got my for you.

Momadance- Gosh I hate that "it'll look different from his peers" argument : When are these people going to wake up and realise that times have changed and they will be the norm...at least where I live, there is only about a 30% cir. rate so he'd look like 70% of his peers! And what's with this notion that men stand around and compare with each other!!! I'm with you And congrats on the HB BTW!

3Boyz- I probably am too late to be of any help with the sunburn thing...but aside from Aloe Vera the only thing I have heard of is soaking a washcloth in milk and laying it on your burn, thought about that while I was lying in bed last night. Hope everyone is feeling better today tho!
Old 07-13-2004, 02:38 PM

Congrats on the homebirth, Momadance!!!!! I hope you have a beautiful labor and delivery!

JenDoula! I had a failed induction/c-section with my daughter, too. We are planning a home VBAC with this baby. I agree with you, the 20-30 week stretch goes by really really slow. But I remember 39-41 weeks going by even slower! That whole two weeks I was like, "C'MON BABY!!!!!!"

To all those with unemployed partners. My dh was unemployed for 16 months straight. It was great to have him around to be with Lucy, but man! It was really stressful, too.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:37 PM

I forgot to say to our newbies!

Naw, I didn't get the earrings b/c dh wouldn't get up. It was already planned;but, he redeemed himself after makin me mad!

Went to the doc for my *regular* appt today. I wouldn't have gone; but, we have classes and they are informative. The MW behaved herself. The peri told me to just be examined just in case, even tho I did it yesterday. She didn't measure; but, checked the hb. The couple in my group was *so* loud she couldn't hear, so I let her use the doppler. That couple is soooooooo annoying. I don't usually feel that way about folks but MAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! I talked to the peri after....she asked me if I was more comfortable today and I said yeah. I said did u talk to her and she said she'd been giving her the evil eye all day! :LOL I really like her! We talked about the wb, and she said that we can request a room and that it was just crazy the whole wb fight. L&D is fighting but infectous disease said no (due to outside pools being brought in and cleaned by an outside firm. the hosp is NEW they shoulda put in tubs!!!!!) and legal. She said we can request a room on the corner with a jacuzzi, and the only issue is membrane that are ruptured prior to getting in the tub or something. She said my team is really laid back. The L&D nurses are the ones. They think fmy practice are s. : She said just tell them that you want to talk to your doc and they'll back off. My team is all about if I'm comfortable. I felt more assured. We're gonna talk some more throughout the whole thing and she's gonna work with me. I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally don't want to walk and she doesn't want me to. We're gonna work together. My fear of being pulled out...well, I'll just tell them to get my doc. He/She will be the final word.

The MW isn't convinced I had round ligament pain. She thinks it sounds like I was having ctx. They're gone now tho. Oh! The baby kicked the doppler today! :LOL Po baby! He probably said ummmmmmmmmm....is this my mom. He's only had it twice and then the EFM in the L&D. He was going s then! Running and they couldn't find him!

OH! But yall! the BEST part! I went to do the urine. I had a full bladder so I was ready to catch a good bit! OK, I'm feeling good. I did a good catch and then I pull it up and its coming out! : I'm thinking am I spilling it! Butthen I see a HUGE hole in my cup! I toss it and try to clean up and hope that it didn't get all over my clothes and walk to the classroom and announce no pee today! Good grief!!!!

User Tag List