week of July 26 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good day ladies! :
QOTW: With Andrew and this pg, they would stay up and boogie until about 11:00 p.m... and it's always about the time that I lay down that this one wants to bounce around! And then of course, she likes to get up once or twice a night- every time I need to make a bathroom run! LOL
As for bladder control, this bean is sitting alot lower than Andrew ever did... which makes everything that much more difficult!
And don't they say that boys are supposed to be the ones that sit lower in your gut?? How strange...

In any case, have a great day. See you around
#32 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Maybe if it stresses anyone out, they can just stop weighing themselves? I am blissfully ingnorant!
Well when we move, we are getting rid of our scale and NOT replacing it. So, I can be blissfully ignorant. The only reason I stepped on it was that I sold some books on ebay and I needed to find out how much they weighted to esitimate shippng and so I weighed myself and than myself with the books (the scale wouldn't register just the books itself) It is too tempting to weight myself with a scale in the house. My current midwives do not require weights at each visit and I will find new midwives who don't either.

Piglet, I am planning on getting cloth for myself. DD uses cloth diapers, so I really want to use cloth myself. Plus, while I was packing up I noticed we don't have anymore pads or anything in the house anyway, so I will defintiely get cloth to use postpartum, and probably start with some liners now.

I am sorry you are going through so much trouble. HUGS. I can relate. Defintiely sending you some good job-finding/house-finding/moving vibes! My DH is jobless right now too. We are moving up to my parents house, because he is looking for a job in that region and will be closer for interviews and apartment hunting. So, we don't even know what state we will end up living in (my parents live in RI, and because of the teaching requirements for certification we are concentrating our efforts in NH and VT, but he doesn't have a job yet, and we don't know where we will end up, just that he has to have a teaching job by September or we don't know what we will do.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#33 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance
Has anyone else read memoirs of a geisha? I woke up sobbing, I dreamt I was the main character in the book... UHH I can't help feeling like I really want to give dh a big hug, but he's at work.
I'm reading that right now! I'm only halfway through, but I'm loving it.

The restaurant idea sounds really nice too. Oh, and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's gained 30 pounds so far, really. I'm trying not to stress about it anymore, and I'd love it if they wouldn't weigh me at my appointments. I really have to have my dessert everyday though, it's my reward for being pregnant w/ a toddler for another day.

I'll PM you w/ the link Nancy.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#34 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 06:31 PM

See we can call get fat together. The weight thing doesn't really stress me out, last time I gained 40lbs but by the time DS was a few months old I'd lost 50, and that was purely from breastfeeding....I actually ate junk food to make sure I took in enough calories, I was afraid I'd waste away (something I have NEVER had to worry about btw lol). I was just really hoping to gaint he same 40lbs, so I'd be thinner and a little less bloated looking by the end of my pregnancy. But hey I really can't control myself to stay away from sweets, salads just really don't call my name every day LOLOL.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#35 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 06:42 PM

Could you send me the link as well?

Ugh, that landlord sounds awful. I would want to get away fast too. Who needs that kind of stress?

I gained 40 pounds with my first pregnancy and 35 with my second. I'm not keeping track this time because I find it too upsetting. I usually lose quite a bit of weight when nursing so I'm trying to remember that and not stress too much about weight gain. It's hard though, I know!

Kathy

kathy::
#36 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 06:59 PM

I've gained exactly 30 pounds, too. The weight gain bothered me in the first trimester, but now that I actually look pregnant, I don't care. I don't look fat, I look pregnant. I'm focusing on the positive side: I'll be postpartum during baggy sweater season anyway. It'll all be gone by next summer.
#37 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 08:51 PM

thanks for the encouragement on the wt thing....

man what a day...a friend of mine and her two boys went with me and my three boys to the city today...talk about chaos!! i needed to get the supplies for a LTN RIbby Wrap for my mom b/c she is leaving on vacation tomorrow and said she'd work on one for me while they were driving. i'm so excited about it!! we ended up getting school supplies while we were at walmart too, so that was good. anyway, just mostly wanted to thanks you for wt gain encouragement...

Lucysmama....what a total bummer about the mean landlords...hope you fund something quick!

Piglet...will be thinking of you and dh as he job hunts.

gotta go for now!
#38 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 08:53 PM

I think we found a place already!!!! We found a house a mile or two away with 4 fenced-in partially wooded/partially veggie and flower garden acres, 4 bedrooms, wood-burning fireplace, a really nice landlord who is MOVING FAR AWAY and doesn't care if we change a thing, and the whole property backs up into the park and trails. It's $200 more than we pay now, but I think it is worth it.

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone! Hope this works out, we are both going to take the night to think it over, and let each other know tomorrow!!!!

Piglet- good luck to your dh with his job-hunt!!! Sorry your buyer backed out, what a bummer. Hope you find someone new soon!
#39 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 09:34 PM

Lucysmama, that sounds like a most divine house. If you guys don't take it, I might just move in. I hope it all works out for you. God (Goddess, Thor, Bob, Whoever) never seems to close one door w/o opening another. I'm constantly amazed at how things that seem horrid and devestating turn out to be such blessings.
I seem to be this odd body type that doesn't really gain weight while preg, but can pack on the lbs while nursing. What's with that? My next appt is on Fri, and I'm curious how much weight I've gained so far. At my last appt, I was only +6 lbs alltogether, but I started rather on the heavy-side and lost a lot w/ morning sickness.
My belly seems so huge now, I can't believe it. At the store the other day, the store clerk was like 2 wks away from her due date, and we looked the same size. I think she was worried that she was too small, but I left there feeling enormous. I don't really mind, like someone else mentioned it's not like I feel fat, just really *really* pregnant. I just wonder how I will ever manage when I get even larger. I've even started to get stretch marks around my belly button, which hasn't ever happened before. Mine are all lower and on my hips.
Baby Cookie seems to love it when I take a bath, and she has a very active early morning routine. Aerobics and tae-bo, I believe. Some days I can manage to sleep through it, but mostly it is kind of fun to play along w/ her. If I tap on one side of my belly, she'll kick that side. Then I do the other side, and she'll follow suit. I don't remember Hannah ever being this responsive. It's nice to have a little quiet time to be alone w/ Baby Cookie, even if it means I'm missing out on much needed sleep.
Speaking of quiet, alone time...DH took Hannah to the park so I have some time to myself. Hoping to crank up the a/c and take a hot bath (is that horrible?: ) all by myself. Hope everyone has a lovely evening!
#40 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 10:06 PM

Lucysmama thats sounds like an amazing home. I hope it works out for you too. Fate really does some wonderous things doesn't it.

Talking of weight gain and belly size, would anyone be brave enough to post a current photo of themselves on the Yahoogroup? I'm so curious to see our size range. I've totally slowed down my growth and am probably average size now for 30 weeks but I swear, I don't look much different than I looked 6 weeks ago! I have a belly shot we took 2 weeks ago that I'll add to the yahoo group to get the ball rolling. Don't be shy ladies - we are godesses remember!
#41 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 10:26 PM

Katie -- congrats on the quick house find ... hope it goes through smoothly for you!!

Re: weight gain ... I've only gained about 10 lbs so far, but I was probably 15-20 lbs over my ideal weight starting this pregnancy, so my doc isn't concerned. I'm measuring on track, and everything else seems fine. I feel like I look as pregnant as I am (does that make sense? *lol*). As soon as DH is back in town, I'm hoping to get him to take some belly shots, and I'll post them at the Yahoo Groups. I went through all our recent pictures trying to find one of myself and was so depressed to not find one! I'm always the one *taking* pictures! Maybe I'll go ahead and post an older one just for kicks.
#42 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 10:30 PM

Just added my belly pic from last week.

And a pic of Mickade playing his new guitar!! His daddy has a few guitars, he plays a lot, and they are expensive. DH was getting sick of him dragging his $600 guitar around the house, so we found this at Toys R Us. It's awesome!! It's a real guitar, wooden neck and everything, with a built in amp. DS thinks he's super cool.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#43 of 97 Old 07-28-2004, 08:53 AM

I'll post a belly pic! The one of me up there now is about 4-5 weeks old. SO me and my friend had our mw appt. together yesterday. It was so exciting to hear her little babe! She miscarried earlier in my preg. She had been due 2 weeks after me. Now she's do in Feb. I'm measuring 32. I keep measuring 3 ahead of schedule. I've gained 6lbs this time, and 8 last time! Making a grand total of 30. I gained 45 with Smiley Boy. THis time around I look better though. (OF course I'm biased)

I'm sorta stressing : befor we went to ontario, my mil stayed with us for a couple days to help with painting and stuff, then we went away for 1 week, bringing my 17 yo bro. home with us for a week, now mil's coming back to stay a couple days, while bro's here, and then my other mil wants to come the following weekend. NO WAY!!!!!! I'm so sick of the space invaders! I'm trying to stay positive, because everyone's just trying to help us get the house ready, but there's not much I can do, and I just want to devote ALL time and attention to Miles. Pretty soon our little unit's world is going to be rocked with a new babe. It's so bitter sweet. Anyone else going through this? I felt guilty getting pregnate early on, so we waited, and now Miles is 3, but I still have guilt issues.

On a sweet note, while putting MIles to sleep last night, he told me he had to hold his baby, and fell asleep holding my belly oh god I'm crying again...

oh and katie congrats on the house! The universe provides!

Piglet do you like those pads better then luna's? I have some glad rags (way overpriced) and a few wahm pads I like, but I plan on investing in some more someday. I used the keeper for a while uke What a messy little device!
#44 of 97 Old 07-28-2004, 09:01 AM

Courtney that pic of you and your belly is so enearing! All I can handle wearing now are skirts and light dresses too!

Truebleux I have that same shirt! I'm wearing it in one of my yahoo pics!

Jillerina your belly is so cute! It's like it's really out there!

You mama's look awesome! Very thin as well, like your bellys were just kinda attached. Nutty prof. style or something!
#45 of 97 Old 07-28-2004, 09:24 AM

momadance that's so funny!! I didn't even realize it since your pic is in b&w.

You know Katie, I'm actually a bit jealous of you now and your potential new house....

I know what you mean momadance about feeling guilty, sometimes I feel really guilty about the whole thing too. Especially since I am trying to get DS to stay in his own bed now. It had to happen eventually, but I know it's mainly happening bc the new baby is coming, you know? And man we are not getting much sleep, he wakes up a lot and wants to come over to my bed. Luckily, we are finally getting to the point where he can fall asleep without touching me, so I can even just talk to him a little bit....huge improvements!!

#46 of 97 Old 07-28-2004, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Katie, I hope the house deal goes through. Sounds wonderful!!

Momadance, I love the Ladyglow pads. As liners, I like them better than the Lunapads b/c Lunapads have a waterproof barrier and it's more protection than I need. Sorry if this is TMI but...if I wear them every day my skin doesn't breathe well and....things don't smell so fresh... BUT, I know the Lunapads lady (one of them) and they are currently working on a pattern for a "breathable" (ie. no waterproof layer) minipad. The Ladyglow lights are quite absorbant, since they are hemp, not too thick, and priced very reasonably! (I got a 6 pack for $22). Lunapads are alot more expensive, but they are very substantial, well-made, and would work great for menstrual use (I never got a chance to try them for that, lol). The organic cotton is really lovely, too. I think the Ladyglow lights I have would only work as a backup to a tampon/keeper or on very light flow days. But they are great for "pregnancy discharge" (what a lovely term! yuck).

I'd love to post a belly pic. I just realize we haven't taken any! We took lots with DD. I'll get DH to take one, and I'll post some photos from our recent trip to Peninsula (Lucymom Town, lol)...

The guilt thing: I don't feel guilty, but I am getting emotional about the short time we have left with just DD. I worry sometimes about how I'm going to meet her needs when I have a little baby around. I don't ever want her to feel she comes in second place, kwim? There's a great thread on the main I'm Pregnant board right now listing book recommendations for "soon to be siblings", so I'm going to get some from the library and start "prepping" Emily. She knows there's a baby in mama's tummy but she is clueless about what that is going to mean for her life. I'm really happy about the baby and think the timing was perfect for us, I'm just a bit nervous about the transition for DD, and how she will handle it.

Now I have my own long vent I need to get off my chest: maybe it's b/c Emily has been waking frequently these last few nights, but I have just suddenly become really negative about nursing. I can't stand it. It is uncomfortable, even painful a bit, and I feel like I just grit my teeth through it. She's sleeping through the night about 50% of the time, but it goes in spurts and right now we're in a "nightnursing" spurt. She wakes at night, stirs and roots for the breast. Sometimes I can get her back to sleep without it, but sometimes she just gets more and more agitated, starts crying and calling out for "milkies!" in this sad, desperate little voice. I so don't want to do it, but I feel like the worst mama in the world if I don't - I mean, denying a child the breast is just....it's like betraying a sacred trust, kwim? We've done some gentle nightweaning with success, but she just isn't ready for total withdrawal at night, while I'm wishing she was. And I feel like I've been such a wishy-washy bad parent b/c I keep saying "no, no milkies, milkies are sleeping" and then I give in b/c I can't stand her crying so desperately for it, it makes me feel like I'm just not being the kind of parent I want to be. Normally I try very hard to be consistent but with this issue...well, I've been just awful - no consistency at night (maybe b/c I'm half asleep)...my dear husband can see it but hasn't said anything, bless his heart. I think I'm being worse by randomly allowing it/not allowing it but my first instinct is always "oh noooooo, not again!!!". I love that nursing can help her calm down when she gets overemotional, and I love that it helps her feel better when she has a boo-boo, and I don't *really* mind nursing her to sleep (although lately even that is bothering me)....but these past few nights I swear I am thinking the "W word" alot more often than I ever thought I would. A part of me is envious of those of you with weaned ones....if I have to nurse two at night I think I'm gonna scream, although Emily IS making lots of progress towards consistently sleeping through the night. Then again, I am also quite sure that the main source of my discomfort/pain is that my breasts are totally empty and flaccid. No lovely pregnancy-bustline here! I'm hoping that when my milk comes in after the birth, that nursing Emily will be a joy again, and a pleasure rather than what seems like 2 minutes of torture.

Sigh. Thanks for listening, if you made it this far. I just really needed to get that off my chest (ha ha).

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#47 of 97 Old 07-28-2004, 01:58 PM

Piglet that sounds really tough. I can't imagine what it must be like (since this is my first). I know that for myself, my body feels very "occupied" right now and I don't even let DH too close, if you know what I mean. It must be really difficult to have a little one who needs you after your breasts all the time. Sometimes it seems like being a mother will mean that my body is no longer my own, which is a hard concept to embrace...

I posted a picture from last week. My face is so red!

Everyone looks so cute with their bellies. I had to show DH the pictures, too. He said, "You have online pregnant friends...?" :LOL Guess I forgot to mention the whole MDC thing to him. He didn't quite get it, but seemed glad that I have other pregnant women to chat with.

Had a midwife appointment yesterday. Only gained 2.5 pounds last month! Midwife was impressed that I got the weight gain under control, since the month before I was up 13 pounds. (To be honest, I have nothing "under control", I think it's totally random. I haven't changed anything.) How much are we "supposed" to gain in the last trimester? I think I remember reading one pound a week is average...?

Baby is head down now. I asked about the pelvic pain, and she said there's not much I can do but endure it and look at the bright side (the pelvis is getting larger to make room for the baby). She also said I'm "short-waisted" (ie long legs and stubby torso), so the ribcage pain will probably continue to increase as the baby runs out of room vertically. Ah the joys of pregnancy...
#48 of 97 Old 07-28-2004, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet68
...but I have just suddenly become really negative about nursing. I can't stand it. It is uncomfortable, even painful a bit, and I feel like I just grit my teeth through it. She's sleeping through the night about 50% of the time, but it goes in spurts and right now we're in a "nightnursing" spurt. ...if I have to nurse two at night I think I'm gonna scream, although Emily IS making lots of progress towards consistently sleeping through the night.
Piglet, Your Emily and my Hannah are just two peas in a pod. It's scary, sometimes, reading your posts, how much alike our situations are. Hannah is doing this exact same thing right now, and I'm finding it irritating and painful to nurse (and then the guilt starts). Feels like someone ran a cheese grater over my nipples. :
I've been getting some good support from my local LLL buddies, and reading Adventures in Tandem Nursing. Hilary Flowers spends a lot of time talking about nursing while preg., and the stories from the other moms in there really help keep me sane and focused on what's important. Lots of deep breathing, too.
#49 of 97 Old 07-28-2004, 09:48 PM

Piglet, I can soooo relate on the nursing thing. Fortantely DD is completely nightweaned now, but during the day it is a whole other story. Every time I sit down, she wants to nurse, especially when I am at the computer. And, it is very irritating and painful as well. I can relate to the grit your teeth feeling.

#50 of 97 Old 07-28-2004, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

28 weeks, 2 days (i made a mistake and thought I was 29 weeks)

Thanks, ladies. Amelia, I guess I have an advantage then, being at work during the day five days a week. But I have found it pretty easy to distract her when she requests nursing during the day (like on weekends). At night there's nothing to distract her with (like colouring, or having a sandwich, or some soy shake, etc...).

Well, after writing this rant, I realized I had to make a decision: either I was going to try to do something about it, or not. I decided not to. I'm happy with the gentle nightweaning we have been working on, and the progress we are making. I just simply cannot bear the distress levels that arise in DD when I just refuse or become wishy/washy like I have been recently. It's not fair to her at all. So I made a decision to stick with things, and keep nightnursing when the patting/cuddling doesn't work, and hopefully when my milk comes in after the birth, nursing will be pleasant again. I actually feel better already just having come to a decision, and while it took DD about half an hour to nurse to sleep tonight (usually it's pretty quick), it actually wasn't that bad.

krnflwr: I've been dying to read that book, but no libraries in Cleveland carry it. Since we're moving so soon, I'll wait till I get home. If the city library doesn't have it, I think my LLL does.

Sasha has been giving me amazing kicks today! I swear it feels as though he is trying to hatch!! And I think I felt a bottom poking out today! I have an OB appt tomorrow, so I'll ask him to see if he can tell which way baby is oriented.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#51 of 97 Old 07-28-2004, 11:20 PM

Piglet - I don't have any personal experience, but that sounds really tough. I know I get touched-out from dd and we are not even nursing. I just feel so hot and pregnant and uncomfortable, I don't want anyone touching me. I can't imagine a toddler wanting to nurse all night. Kudos to you for sticking by your gentle weaning. I hope you start enjoying nursing more when your milk comes in!

My baby is so active too. But I have been noticing his/her kicks are turning into more like hard squirms now. Could it be they are running out of room already?!?!

Also, is anyone else hungry??? :LOL I mean like, ALWAYS hungry? I feel like I could always have a snack, if not a big meal! Maybe baby is getting ready for another growth spurt? I remember eating like a maniac during months 7 and 8 last time, and then slowing down at the end. Looks like I'll be doing that again....I have a snack before bed, and wake up famished. At least I haven't gotten to the point of actually having to ge up to eat during the night yet!

Letia - how ya doing, hon? You've been so quiet lately!
#52 of 97 Old 07-29-2004, 12:01 AM

Hungry? yes! I'm eating a necterine as I type, and just finished off a banana
Piglet, I'm glad you feel better. The moment of clarity after feeling so frazzled about something is bliss!
We found a time capsule behind some base boards in the house tonight. It was so cool! It made me think of the movie Amelie. Also on the inside door to our closet is a height chart for about 5 diff. kids, all the way up to the teenage years. I look forward to adding MIles to the list!
#53 of 97 Old 07-29-2004, 12:14 AM

"Letia - how ya doing, hon? You've been so quiet lately!"

I think she's busy being a diaper hyena. :LOL

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...36#post1817236
#54 of 97 Old 07-29-2004, 12:20 AM

Letia! You lil' !!!!!!
#55 of 97 Old 07-29-2004, 02:02 AM

I love seeing the belly pics (and the other new ones). Mickade is so cute with his guitar. Thanks for the compliment, Momadance - I do love that skirt, I wish I had more, it's so cozy. I'd walk around in a big sheet if it was fashionable.

My little man child has gotten a cold or something, so he's had a fever on and off since yesterday, poor thing. He's such a trooper though. He's just content to lay in our one air-conditioned room and watch movies together. Although, he was up most of the night like a newborn, whenever his fever would come back. He knows I'm worried about him when I keep checking his forehead, and he says, "I'm alright mama, I'm just sick. I just need medicine. I have an owie in my throat."

I can't remember who brought it up, but I have also been having those feelings of guilt, or just a bittersweetness about adding a baby to the mix. I've been getting pretty weepy about it too.

I'm so glad you found a house Katie (if you decide to take it). Things have a way of working out.

And Piglet, I'm glad you're feeling better. I went through what you're feeling about wanting to wean a couple months ago. Nursing was driving me crazy, still does occasionally. But, I've been lucky cause Logan stopped nursing at night and most days it's very minimal. I'm actually starting to miss it. I asked him earlier when he was really upset if he wanted to nurse, and he very insistantly said, "no, mommy no!" like how could I have even suggested such a thing. I really think he's starting to wean, which does make me a little sad. I'm curious to see what happens when there's an abundant milk supply again, though. I think I'll get "Adventures in Tandem Nursing" just in case.

Oh, and I'm not really hungry all the time, but I want to eat all the time, does that count?

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#56 of 97 Old 07-29-2004, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Hungry? yes! I'm eating a necterine as I type
I just read this and then got up to go eat a peach!! LOL.

Courtney, I am sorry your little guy is sick. I hope Logan feels better soon!

Piglet, Congrats on the decision. I know what you mean about just making a decision makes you feel better.

Momadance, that is cool on the time capsule. I wonder if our house has any cool stuff, I doubt it, it is only 5 years old. Oh well.

Gottaknit, I feel the same way about my body. Poor DH doesn't understand it when I am just like "please do not touch me"

#57 of 97 Old 07-29-2004, 09:35 AM

Good morning! I've been busy nesting this week. Why is it that when we are at a point in our lives that we should be taking it easy, we are suddenly overcome with the desire to clean out an entire closet?? Well I put the dipes through a wash, sorted out all the newborn clothes for all the neutral stuff (can you believe that after being stored for 2 years in rubbermaid bins, they still smell fresh of Dreft? Those things work!!), cleared out a drawer in my room for baby clothes, cleaned out the closet in the guest room, and started painting the changing table. Whew, I'm tired just reading that. Oh yeah I cleaned the carpets too. Am I going into labor tomorrow? LOL DS was so cute, he "helped" me put on the primer coat (our changing table was a hand me down when we had DS, and I decided to spruce it up this time and paint it to match my room). It's globbed in some areas, but in the end I think it's a nice memory, and really cute that big brother helped paint it for the new baby.

I remember all those feelings during nursing. I am so glad I was able to cut DS back early on when I was having spotting issues, and that he took care of the rest. I miss our morning nursing cuddles, but overall it's ok. He still likes to come cuddle. And I just know I'm not cut out for tandem, I think I would have gotten so irritated by it that I might not be able to give this one it's 2 years or so. If the experience is becoming negative for you, it just might be time to push a little harder to stop (while still being gentle, I mean). Do what you all feel is best for you!!

So obviously I'm in planning mode. And I started thinking, what am I going to wear during labor? I'm birthing at home, and it will be DH, me, my sister, and possibly DS (but I think it will be too much for him). My mom has started hinting that she'd like to be there. I'm not sure how I feel about that (not because I have problems with my mom, but bc I have issues about being naked in front of the whole world LOL). I was looking through Ina May Gaskin's Guide to CHildbirth last night, and there is a woman in some type of wrap skirt having her baby....maybe that would be a good idea? I just don't have any desire to be naked walking around in front of my mom. I know, know she gave birth to me and all (actually she had a c-birth, so it would probably be cool for her to get to see a natural birth) but for some reason I feel weird about it. I guess we'll have to see. But I feel like if I could find the right clothing I might consider it, and I know it would mean a lot to her. Anyone have any ideas?

#58 of 97 Old 07-29-2004, 09:56 AM

Yes, I'm always feeling hungry, but can't fit that much in at one time. So, I feel like I'm constantly grazing.
The name game has started in earnest around here. DH and I are at an impasse. :
Opinions, anyone?? DH *really* likes one name, and I'm not so sure. I really like the other name, but DH isn't in love w/ it. And I worry about the name either being too "out there" or too trendy. Whattya think?
Arwen Grace or Morgan Grace
(we both like Grace, but not for a first name).
thanks, mamas!
#59 of 97 Old 07-29-2004, 10:43 AM

Karin - I LOVE Arwen Grace. I think it is so lovely!!!

Dh and I are having a really hard time with names, too. : He keeps offering joke suggestions while shooting down all my real suggestions....like I will say, "How about Helena?" and he will say, "Ugh, NO WAY! But, how about Poppy Honey Moonshine Windsong? Whattya think?" It's getting REALLY annoying.

Amy - I am feeling really nest-y too. I have so many projects I want to do!!! I have to pour all that energy into packing now thoug.! And once we move, we will have only 5 or so weeks till the baby is due! That freaks me out - when am I going to find time to do all these things I want to do for the baby?!

to those having toddler nursing-issues. Sounds very very tough!
#60 of 97 Old 07-29-2004, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysmama
But, how about Poppy Honey Moonshine Windsong? Whattya think?"
:LOL
Sounds like the level of our discussions around here lately, too. Esp if you change "poppy" to "poopy". DD and DH both have a 2 yr-old sense of (potty) humor.
Thanks for the input. I like the name Arwen, in the abstract. I just can't imagine shouting down the street, "Arwen, time for dinner!". Guess I'm going to have to ponder this some more.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page