week of July 26 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 97 Old 07-31-2004, 11:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Piglet: for wipes have you thought about using baby wash rags? I got a TON at the thrift store for super cheap.

Lost half of the nasty thumb nail today! (length wise)

I'm feeling the 3rd trimester sometimes. Like today my friend had a birthday party for her 1 and 3 yo's and there were a TON of people there, and it made me want to scream! I did not have a good time, but then, it was for MIles to enjoy, not me. I know we touched on this but I am hungry 24/7. And with the constant work on the house, and taxing between house and apt. we've been eating like CRAP!~

TMI ahead!! It has been so hard to have a decent bm, and I usually go at least twice, usually 3 times a day. Now I'm lucky if once is in the cards. It's all the crapy food. Like I just was eating some sunchips! Gosh there addicting. Anyone else freaking out about how close were getting? I haven't even had my 1st "offical" pre-natal with my LM!

Well I guess I should hit the hay, hope you mama's have nice nights!
#92 of 97 Old 08-01-2004, 12:47 AM

Aww, glad you guys enjoyed the Clammy story

I am definately feeling third trimesterish...and having to unpack from camping hasn't been fun, I am not quite caught up on laundry yet. Gosh, I feel for you moving mommas...my complaints are nothing compared to what you are facing!

About the remembering birth thing...I never really thought it was possible either until Ember started talking about it on her own like she did...but I have always wondered if the way she hates getting shirts stuck on her head (she has ALWAYS freaked about that and still does) is related to being stuck in the birth canal, and now I think it is
#93 of 97 Old 08-01-2004, 12:53 AM

well, i hear ya'll on the third trimester thing....when i have been sitting for any length of time, when i get up,my hips feel like i have walked for miles and all i've been doing is sitting! which isn't fair, 'cuz i don't *need* my hips to change and loosen and spread and all that....kwim? LOL

Piglet....on the wipes thing...if your machine has as overedge stitch you could use that, it looks like a serged edge...or you could just zig-zag the edges...and if they do fray the will stop once they get to the seams.they shouldn't with an overedge stitch tho.

Momadance....on the BM issues...try eating a big bowl of rasin bran before bed...i do this about everynight and things *go* quite well in the mornings... ...also just try and eat a lot of whole grains throughout the day...i have a great muffin recipe (contains flax, oatmeal, ww flour, and i made it with some wheat bran the other day) that is loaded with fiber if you are interested...then you could just eat 2-3 of those a day along with the rasin bran at night. HTH!!

well, i'm beat...gotta go sleepy...even tho it won't be any fun...this carpal tunnel is beating me up at night...mostly my right arm...it will start to ache in the night and i can't lay it any way but it doesn't throb and go numb... :

'Nite!!
#94 of 97 Old 08-01-2004, 01:03 AM

OMG, my dd took a FOUR HOUR nap today!!! I bow to the nap gods who allowed that one to happen! She went to bed with no problem at 10:00pm (her normal time is 9:30) and has been sleeping soundly since. Now, where am I going to have to pay for this down the road......? :LOL
#95 of 97 Old 08-01-2004, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Oh I paid all right.......!!

She woke up at 9 pm and would NOT go back to sleep. I finally had to go to bed myself, only to be interrupted by her crawling into bed asking for milkies. Me, thinking she was ready to go down, would comply, only to have her sit up 10 minutes later and go running out to DH. I think we must have nursed her 10 times...my breasts finally ached so much I said no more. I fell asleep and was vaguely aware of her and DH coming to bed (some time around midnight!!), and her snuggling up to me.

The only good part about that night of torture was that she DID actually fall asleep without nursing (at least, I'm pretty sure of that, lol)!

Oh, the sitting thing. When I get up after sitting for a long time, my crotch is killing me! I think Sasha's head is just so low down there, it puts too much pressure on it. And I'm so stiff...I walk like I've just run a marathon, lol.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#96 of 97 Old 08-01-2004, 11:06 AM

Its Sunday am and I'm at the computer! I figured I'd save it for the first of the week weekend talk; but, I guess folks are talking about what they've done. I went to my paternal family reunion yesterday on Smith Mtn in VA. My father has been dead for 15 years; and my they didn't care for my mother so she didn't feel obliged after my grandmother and my dad's twin sister died to bring us back up there; but, since they started biyearly reunions we go and we are able to see our big sister and at least one of our big brothers. (there's seven of us) Yesterday our youngest brother was there too. There's a Smith Mtn. Lake too; but, its thru the woods from my cousin's house. My Uncle Joe said it was polluted and my other cousin talked about bacteria counts and I thought well, it'd be best not to explore that. I forgot about bacteria. : I kept asking my Uncle Joe, who *totally* is a farmer and knows the lay of the land there where the springs were. If only I had a bathing suit with me....no free shows for Uncle Joe. : It was hot, *even* on the mountain. Mama was surprised when I told her when I got home. And my cousins house didn't have a/c. My bil was lookin at me and he saw I was starting to morph into an evil woman and he kept throwin water on me. :LOL I saw my nephew, whom I haven't seen since he was a little boy (family estrangement after daddy died over $$$---long story ). I *didn't* cry! :LOL I saw my grandmothers first cousin. All of my aunts were going craaaaaaaaaazy that there's another Arrington (I guess dh was like hey!!!!), on the horizon. You wanna talk about some strong women? My familiy is a family of farmers. Now, my grandmother has died some time ago; but, and my Uncle is the storyteller. He sat at the head of the group telling stories. *He* could probably tell about Grandma Thailour workin the farm and having.....ohhhhhhhhh... 10 children, I think....mama always talks about the spokes on a wheel when she counts them..... Bil was trippin about if I had the baby, my cousin was a dr. (He's a vet!) BUT! I knew that my aunts would have my back! Talk about a hb! Not *my* home;but.....needless to say...no exit until at least 37 weeks! When I left...my cousin pointed my attention to a WILD TURKEY!!!! It was crossin the road! How neat! They don't need no stinkin gro. store for Thanksgivin! And there's a meat processing plant in town. If I had the room I woulda stopped at the creamery! Its another time and it didn't freak me out like in times past. I really appreciate all that stuff now. I guess since my interested in NP. I can't *wait* til I bring little Arrington (I'd have to bring smelling salts b/c they would just *flip*) , or Mikayla to the mountain. I don't think I'll wait for the family reunion b/c I'll be looking at a toddler like I was at my cousins child. And I want pictures of everyone holding the baby. I have an old family. My aunts and uncles are in their 70s and today my daddys older sister is 80. (can you say May-December...that was mama and daddy...15 yrs) I just want to have those pictures. I thought about my Uncle Robert, who's kinda taken the patriarch role since the original patriarchs have been long gone, and I think he soooooo needs to write down these stories.....like he tells them. I'm so afraid they'll be lost. Talk about adventure on the farm! He'll make you wet your pants! So...I ran past everybody to pee when I got there! :LOL Its just so amazing there....I just wish that Arrington wasn't synonymous with sweat! *No* a/c to be had yesterday! And that woulda been fine if there was a clean natural water source to dip in! We'll see what next time brings....they are wondering if I'll be pg again in 2yrs. I want this one to be 3 or close and weaned and out of dipes. So, I might still need to keep cool. Or, I'll be chasin after a 2yo. Let's hope not both!

dh from his office... (with a porcelain seat) imed me and said IHOP?

gotta check for dipes first!

I meant to commiserate about the vagina blows! :

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I told dh Friday I felt like I was 80 (as I pased by an old woman : ) , the aches and all now....

I feel a lower belly ache. Riding or after hour cycle challenge, so maybe I need to cut back to 45....

K, doing a little hunt for dipes.
#97 of 97 Old 08-01-2004, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, forgot to say thanks for the tips on the wipes. I'm guessing Mum's machine has an "overedge" stitch (I know nothing about sewing but she got a new machine a while back). I did try the baby washcloths, momadance, used them for the first several months, but then I got my hands on some terry and sherpa, etc and I'm hooked. I want the good stuff! Lucysmama: don't you still have to stitch up the little bit left open after you've folded them inside out? That sounds like a lot of work!

Well, had a nice day at the pool with DD (except for all the mamas smoking in front of their babies, ugh!). I'm actually finding myself getting bored these days: guess it's as good a time as any for a new baby, lol. DD entertains herself well at home, I had all the housework done early on Saturday morning, and was actually BORED. Haven't felt that in a while. Went to the library and got a book, so now I have some reading. Can't wait to get back home to Vancouver where I have friends, family, and a few more choices in my activities! 'Course when Sasha arrives I doubt very much I'll feel boredom again for about another 2 years, lol.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page