KateMary 10/06 GIRL!
Proudly AP 10/08
mayasmama 10/08 GIRL!
FutureMama 10/09 BOY!
bluehalo 10/10 BOY! Noah Daniel
allformyboys 10/11
Lucysmama 10/12
bendmom 10/12
momadance 10/13 BOY! Gabriel Reed...? or will it be Zappa!
Mandi 10/14
rhemp 10/14
wannabmommie 10/15
MTBto5 10/15
krnflwr 10/16 GIRL!
gmvh 10/16 TWINS! BOY! and GIRL!
Piglet68 10/18 BOY! Sasha Adam
MommyMuse 10/19
JenDoula 10/19
BeansMomma 10/20 GIRL!
Mom2Lily 10/20
CourtneyandLogan 10/21 BOY! Zander Julian
OakEmber 10/21 BOY! Oakley Kai
mtnjenny 10/22
Stanleymama 10/23 BOY!
gottaknit 10/24
3boyz4us 10/24
Ctmom70 10/24 BOY! Alex Richard
Kim22 10/24 BOY!
aspiring mama 10/25
sunshinegal 10/25
truebluexf 10/27
Soogie 10/27
ameliabedelia 10/29 GIRL! Greta Marie
flitters 10/30
BeauGeek 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
guinnessinu 10/31 TWINS! BOY! and BOY!
BlueMoonTime 10/31 GIRL! Alexis

Good morning, everybody! Hope you all had a nice conclusion to your weekend.

Question of the Week: (I thought of a good one this time!)...do you notice a pattern to your baby's active/quiet times with respect to time of day?

With Emily, we began to notice that she was always active around 9:30 - 10 pm at night, but not until late in the mornings. Turns out she was like this after she was born: didn't go to sleep until around 11 pm, but rarely woke before 8:30.

Well, Sasha seems to be following the same pattern in the womb, and I'm really hoping this means he'll be like that when he's born :

Emily's baby schedule worked great for me (I'm so NOT a morning person), plus since Emily now goes to bed around 8 pm and gets up around 7:30, this would allow for enough overlap that I can work on bedtime separately, rather than trying to put them both down at once!

So....any of you notice regular active times? Those of you with previous children: did their movements in the womb predict their early sleep/wake patterns?

Discuss!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#2 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
QOTW:
My baby is up pretty much when I am. I rarely get woken up by kicks and such. So, I guess the baby sleeps from 1am to around 10am, with a nap in the afternoon when I sleep. Or at least he/she is very quiet when I nap. The most active period of the day seems to be from 10pm-1am. I finally sit down after getting dd to sleep, and the baby "checks in" with me by rolling/tumbling/kicking for a while. It's nice. Dd and dh are usually asleep, so it's just me and the belly hanging out.

I remember dd was ALWAYS up in the middle of the night in utero. She still has sleep issues and gets up in the middle of the night. In 30 months, she has slept thru the night maybe 6 or 7 times. She was very active in utero, and she is very active in life. She talks all night in her sleep, rolls and flops around, gets up to pee, etc. She is just not a good sleeper at all. So it really held true for us.
#3 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 11:06 AM

Hey my fellow big belly mama's!
QOTW: This little man is super active. He pretty much moves around whenever I'm not! Miles didn't move all that much. (boy has that changed )

I've been feeling pressure super low! I think I may have overdone it on my mom's launchpod. It's a water trampoline with a slide. I turn into such a kid when I get around my family.

little vent: my dad died of alcoholism when I was 16 yo. MY mom left him when I was just a babe. I've noticed in the past couple years whenever I go home my stepdad and mom party WAYYYYYYYY too much. It's really not too cool, and gets super annoying, oh and they really think their cool lighting up ciggerettes. It makes me not want to hang out with them.

Why can't they just act like grownups? I still have little brothers they need to be focussing on/
#4 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 01:16 PM

Hey mamas!!! I am getting us ready for our trip up north. It will be soooo nice to get out of town.

QOTW: Its kind of hard to remember with the other 3. With this babe he wakes up a little in the morning, some in the afternoon, then evening he starts boogy-ing away till I lay down to go to bed. He must sleep when I do because I never feel him after I go to sleep and he is pretty quiet in the early morning. If I am really busy in a day, on my feet a lot, I don't feel much. I guess they all have been active in the evening. Aidan was the most active in utero and he still is my most active one.
#5 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance
little vent: my dad died of alcoholism when I was 16 yo. MY mom left him when I was just a babe. I've noticed in the past couple years whenever I go home my stepdad and mom party WAYYYYYYYY too much. It's really not too cool, and gets super annoying, oh and they really think their cool lighting up ciggerettes. It makes me not want to hang out with them.

Why can't they just act like grownups? I still have little brothers they need to be focussing on/
Ummm....momadance, we have the same life! :LOL My dad died when I was 17, and my mom and her SO also party really hard. Smoking, drinking, etc around my little brothers (ages 13 and 17) and around my dd. My stepdad will roll a joint and light it up in front of my dd. I don't care that he smokes pot, but come on! There's a time and a place for that, and it is NOT while my 2 year old is over. We don't hang out with them much anymore cause they just are not good influences on my dd.

So let's see....
-We both are due in October with second babies
-Both having homebirths
-Both have toddlers
-Both Phish fans
-Both have houses on the Great Lakes
-Both had breastfeeding probs the first time around
-And the aforementioned family similarities.
-Both young-ish mamas.
-Parents both split when we were young
-Lost our dads as teenagers

Weird. Wish you were closer, we have a lot in common, I'm sure we'd be great friends!
#6 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 02:54 PM

QOTW: I could set my watch by this baby! It wakes up at the same time every morning (about half-way through my breakfast), and stays active most of the morning. Then has a spurt of energy right after lunch and a nap until dinner. Within five minutes of starting dinner he's at it again, naps after dinner, and then at exactly 10:05 every night the kung-fu kicking starts. Sometimes he's so active at night it makes me laugh out loud and wakes DH up (my laughing, not the kicking!)

I find I'm feeling very attached to the little bugger already. Like it has a little personality in there and I can't wait to see if that's what it's really like in person. It gets really active when DH and I are having a one-on-one conversation, which makes me wonder if it recognizes our voices already. (It doesn't do this when I'm talking to coworkers or random people.)
#7 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 03:05 PM

Lucysmama
You gave me goose bumpys!

and just to add to your list, my bros are 11 and 17
and I think both of our dh's are in school!
#8 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

29 weeks!

gottaknit: you'll have to remember this and we'll see if it holds true after baby is born!

Hmmm, suddenly I can't think of anything to say.

Momadance, I love your sig!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#9 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet68

Momadance, I love your sig!!

Me too! It makes me wanna belt out, "FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" (It's a from a Phish song.)
#10 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 07:29 PM

This baby is pretty active at night, like most fetuses I guess. He also likes to kick the crap out of Logan while I'm cuddling w/ him trying to get him down for his nap. He seems to sleep all night while I sleep though, unless I just don't notice it. He's only woken me up once when he jabbed me really hard in a ticklish area. I was having a nightmare (leftover from childhood) that I was being attacked by some kind of tickle monster, so I woke up screaming and thrust myself on my belly to stop the attack. Then I realized what was really happening.

This baby seems not as crazy as Logan was in utero, which is good. Logan's patterns were the same though, and he had his days and nights mixed up for quite a while after he was born. The baby does this thing that Logan did too in utero - when I lay on my side to go to sleep, if it's a side not to his liking, he'll dance and dance- kicking the bed through me. So I have to change sides so he'll calm down.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#11 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 08:32 PM

Hey mamas! Hope you're all feeling well!
QOTW: This babe is consistent, that's for sure-around 7am, 5 or 6pm, 10pm-very active times-lost of kicking now and even some flip flops I think LOL My son can actually see he/she move now so he thinks that's very cool.

I'm sure you're tired of hearing it-BUT-this is IT! We move this week YIPPEE
We fly out Saturday so if you don't hear from me next week you'll know why...

Embarassing question-anyone have any "accidents" lately? I swear I have no bladder control lately and I started laughing at a friend's house and thank goodness for the panty liner cuz I was like an excited puppy dribbling all the way to the bathroom :LOL
I really must do those Kegals!!!!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#12 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 08:57 PM

hi mamas!

i hope you all had wonderful weekends! most of you are already in your third trimester, but by the end of this week all of our october group (including us late monthers) will be too! yay!

good QOTW piglet!

i notice some patterns, but i think the sleep wake cycles are more related to what i'm doing than to the time of day and my schedule is pretty variable. the babe is almost always active an hour or so after i eat. i also usually have periods of activity in the evening when i settle down and also about half an hour after i work out. i do notice the baby moving around a lot during the night... sometimes it just invades my dreams and other times it gently wakes me. the baby is very squirmy still and has lots of room to move around. in fact, i think it just woke up again.

are most of you feeling kicks in the ribs yet? i'm not but i expect to in the next couple weeks. i'm very curious about that legendary sensation!

let's see...

my bladder control is still fine but i do squeeze extra tight (like a major kegel) if i'm going to sneeze or if i'm laughing really hard just to be sure i don't spring a leak (cause it feels like i might sometimes!). i'm pretty good about doing kegels, i did them before pregnancy too so it wasn't a big deal, but i've never particularly liked how they feel.

and thank you all who sent my dog deek such good wishes about his surgery. he's doing well but we are a bit worried as another small lumpy has developed in the last couple days near the incision... we're very hopeful it's just something to do with the surgery and not another tumor. that seems like it would have developed awfully quickly, especially considering they felt the original tumor was so well differentiated. next week he has his follow up and we'll know more then. we're kind of worried but trying not to get ahead of ourselves. deek certainly feels fine.

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#13 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 08:58 PM

26 weeks,

QOTW: My experience is like momdance's. DD was really quiet in utero. She seemed to not move much at all. I was really worried about her and was always doing those kick counts. She seemed to only move a few times a day. And, as a newborn and baby she was very quiet as well. She was a pretty sleepy newborn, probably slept at least 20 hours a day.

This babe is totally different. She moves whenever I am not moving, evertime I sit down or lie down, she starts to move. She especially seems to move a lot after I eat, I guess the food just kicks her up. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, just that she moves when I am sitting down or quiet.

Ann, we are moving this week too! We leave on Sat. But, we are driving. I have have to drive 1000 miles myself, while DH drives the other car 1000 miles by himself. What a pain!

I also have super leakly bladder. NOOOOO bladder control whatsover, every time I cough or sneeze, out it goes It is soooo annoying. And, I don't wear pantyliners, because I hate wearing them, they just seem to be something you wear on your period and I am PREGNANT. So, instead I just change my underwear a lot! LOL

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#14 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 10:17 PM

Lemme just say since we're on the topic MOVING SUCKS!!!!
Sorry to be negative, but that's how I'm feeling today. I don't think we'll ever get into the house

bladder control: I'm ok, except right after I pee, I seem to leak a little as soon as I stand up, pretty irritating.

flitters: no kicks in the ribs yet! THank goodness!

Piglet: thanks on the siggy! I labored with Miles to the cd which the track those lyrics come from, (and of course Miles Davis "someday my prince will come) it's so fitting! The rest of the words are

FREE
I'm floating in the blimp a lot
I feel the feeling I forgot
Swimming weightless in the womb
Bouncing gently round the room
In a minute I'll be free
And we'll be splashing in the sea

I feel no curiosity
I see the path ahead of me
In a minute I'll be free
And we'll be splashing in the sea
We hear a tiny cry
As the ship goes sliding by

Free!
Free!

Free!

I feel the feeling I forgot
I feel free!
Free!
Free!
Free!
Free!
#15 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 10:19 PM

I forgot to add, I have a appt. with my back up CNM tommorow and it's an appt. with my friend and her 3yo dd. It should be super cool!
#16 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 10:21 PM

HMMM...QOTW- this little gal seems to have a set pattern, early in the morning say about 5 or 6 then again around 10 am then again at around 5-6 pm. She always seems to be dancing when I get to bed around 10. I guess we will have to wait and see if she keeps the pattern after she has made her grande entrance
I had a little "control" problem the other day. Something kick started my allergies and I was sneezing and sneezing (boy do these extra pounds make sneezing tough!) and low and behold got my undies wet!! Then as I was in the bathroom cleaning up, my ds walks in and says "Mommy, did you just wet your pants??!" Oops- gotta start doing those kegels.
Boy am I carrying low- real low, like she is sitting in my lap. And she is forever kicking down. And I am even starting to waddle more It's too early for me to waddle!!

Have a joyful week!!!

Stacey- WOHM and wife to Jesse- : Athena , Huckleberry : Fiona : Shillelagh : and Calliope
#17 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 10:37 PM

Today DH and I took DD to "Santa's Village" - I promise it sounds more corny than it is. We never refered to it by name and did not go visit Santa (who apparently resides there during the Summer months). We did have an awesome day. There was a petting zoo, water fun, huge slides and tones and tones of activites designed for young kids. We wore Clara out!

I was also worn out though and spent a lot of the time sitting in shady spots watching DH and Clara run around and have fun. We think that this is probably best right now anyway, as it is building a stronger attachment between the two of them. We are hoping that by the time baby comes Clara will be able to be as comfortable with him as she is with me - especially when it comes to comforting her and stuff.

Anyway, that was our day. As for the question of the week I can't say I've noticed too much of a pattern in this baby's movements. I find it moves whenever I lie down or when I have DD squished up to my belly while I'm cuddling her. There are also the periods of activity after I've eaten. Who knows if this makes up a pattern or not. I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst when it comes to this baby's temprement. Clara was NOT a sleeper and she spent a lot of time crying as a newborn so I guess I'm just preparing myself for that all over again!

Keep doing those kegels everyone - I sure need some encouragement myself!! Gotta get into the habit NOW!
#18 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 10:43 PM

TOTAL RANT BELOW....

My landlords are so freakin mean!!! Add us to the "moving while pregnant" list too. They come over and yell at us for random things ALL THE TIME. Like, they just knock on the door and chew us out cause our lawn is getting long. (They live behind us.)

A few months ago, they told us we had to take down our swing on our tree in the yard, cause it was "dangerous" to have a swing on a tree. So whatever, we did. THey said we could get a swingset. So dd's grandparents bought her an awesome wood swing set with a slide and such last week. She was so excited. She watched dh build it all day long. Then, right as he was lowering it all in the ground, they came over and yelled at us and told us we were not allowed to put it up. They said it was "too big" and "would look bad" etc etc. (It takes up maybe 25% of our yard at most.) My poor lil dd is going to be heartbroken when she realizes she can't have this swing set after all. It hasn't hit her yet.

Then, dh asked them to please stop coming over, and to call if they had an issue. He said, "Katie is very pregnant and does not want to be constantly disturbed, getting woken up, having to answer the door all the time, etc.... could you please just call instead of coming over?" The landlady said in a snarky way, "NO! I will deal with problems how I see fit to deal with them. If I see a commotion or problem, I'm comin' right over!" We have no privacy.

So, we are moving. They constantly harrass us. I have NO IDEA why. We pay our rent on time, and we are very quiet, and we take care of the house. We are just a quiet little family. I hate to have to find a place (a rental) and move in the next 10 weeks, but I guess we have to. Wish me luck, I HATE house hunting and moving.

I am so stressed out, I am having tons of contractions. (I always do when I get overly upset.) I am sitting down with half a glass of wine and my feet up to try to stop them and chill out.

About the incontinence thing -- I have never had any at all. I guess I am lucky. Maybe it is cause I had a c/section? Do you c/section mamas get incontinent at all?
#19 of 97 Old 07-26-2004, 11:34 PM

can i join ya'll in the third trimester!!!

i had a dr. appt today...it was ok...i was not impressed with my weight at all!! i worked so hard to walk everyday all month, but maybe 5 or 6 and still gained 9 lbs!! BUT, i need to keep in mind that i *do* retain a lot of fluid when pregnant and he did say that he could see the extra fluid in me. i just thought that walking would help the weight thing a little more. baby's HR was 150. i also went to a chiro today...have never been to one before. the area he woeked on doesn't feel a whole lot different than before, but he wants me to come back on Wed so i'm hoping that after that it start to feel better.

QOTW: this bean isn't as active as Noah (ds#3) was. and you know, i have never kept track enough to really notice a pattern in movement with any of my pregnancies, just the amount of activity in general.

i have never had bladder control issues when pregnant, but then maybe that's cuz i've never given birth vaginally...?? i don't know....sorry to those having to deal with it.
#20 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 12:45 AM

Well I got my paper done and turned in so I actually have one whole evening to just relax and recouperate before I have to start doing the reading for the next paper due in 2 weeks. Taking a condensed class is a lot of work. but it'll be worth it. In four more weeks I will have earned 6 more credits and be that much closer to finnishing this darned degree! Only 6 more credits to go!

Katie - That really, really sucks about your landlords. I had a really bad landlord once and I can totally relate. The best thing to do is just move and get away from them as soon as possible. If they can't treat your family with respect then they don't deserve to have you guys as their tennants. Although the timing for you guys couldn't be worse. Good luck house hunting!

QOTW: You know I haven't really noticed any real pattern to this baby's movements. To me it seems like he's always moving. I sit down at the computer and I get some small thumps. I lie down on the couch and he's doing gymnastics. I wake up at 4 am to pee and he's kicking me in the ribs. As far as I can tell Harrison sleeps in short bursts randomly throughout the day and if he ain't sleeping he's moving. I really hope this dosen't reflect how things go after he's born.

As for bladder control, since I started to do Kegels more regularly and it's ben helping. Haven't had any accidents in a while. And I think that women who've had C-sections aren't prone to the week perinium muscle problems. During vaginal delivery your perinium gets really stretched out and if the muscle dosen't regain it's former tone, well then you get a leaky bladder.

:
Hooray to the moms reaching their third trimester. It won't be too long before we've all got our little ones in our arms!
#21 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance
bladder control: I'm ok, except right after I pee, I seem to leak a little as soon as I stand up, pretty irritating.
That's exactly how it is w/ me too, so annoying.

Katie- So sorry you're having to deal w/ this right now. Are your landlords breaking your state laws by harassing you so much w/ out notice? Sounds like it. Most landlords are required to give 24 hrs. notice before coming over. Poor Lucy, I can't believe they would deny a child a swingset. I know Logan would be crushed if that happened to him. These people sound evil. I have contractions when I get stressed out too, so I know how you feel. Enjoy your wine, and try to relax. I really hope you guys find another place before the baby comes, so you can focus on your kids w/out being harassed day and night. No one should have to live like that.

3boyz4us - I hear ya on the weight gain, I've been walking too (not as much as you probably) and yet it's still coming on fast. I seem to be gaining 9 lbs a month too. I wonder if I'm retaining fluid also. Well, that's what I'll tell myself Okay, gonna go for a walk now.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#22 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 09:11 AM

Actually, the incontinence thing is a bit more of a problem following a vaginal birth, but as far as during pregnancy, unless you didn't strengthen up your muscles post-partum, it's about the same for everyone. I had the same problems last time as this time. It has a lot to do with the pressure of the baby sitting down there, stretching things out, etc. At any rate, if you are peeing as you get up from having just peed, then you haven't gotten it all out!! Last pregnancy, I actually peed once, wiped, leaned over to pull up my pants and peed all over the floor!!! : When you go pee, and think you are done, make sure you lean ALL the way forward, and also to the sides, to make sure your bladder is completely empty. Sometimes the baby is blocking off part of your bladder, so if you don't move around a little, it doesn't all come out!!

As for weight gain...well I'm almost 27 weeks and I've gained 30lbs.... I'd REALLy like to stay under 40lbs gained but I'm not sure that's even realistic anymore!

QOTW: Baby is pretty active in the evenings around 9-10pm...but I haven't been timing it enough to notice much during the day.

Katie -- do you have any rental laws where you live? Or in your lease? My lease actually says my landlord must give 24 hours before stopping by. There could also be some local or state regulations in your area to protect you.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#23 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 09:24 AM

Has anyone else read memoirs of a geisha? I woke up sobbing, I dreamt I was the main character in the book... UHH I can't help feeling like I really want to give dh a big hug, but he's at work.

3boys4us, try not to stress on the poundage, I've been feeling pretty blimpy lately. I'm sure my appt. today will reveal some hideous amount of weight gain. At least your walking! I haven't done anything! And when I do try to walk I get braxtong hx. I just read another book called between mothers and son's. You should check it out.

Katie I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. What a## holes. Get out! They don't deserve your money! Good luck! I know it sounds overwhelming, but everything will come thogether. Maybe it's for the best. They sound like the type who would walk in as your laboring and stay and complain while you deliver. You wouldn't want that! Hey, where'd you get that cute born at home dipe?! Reveal your sources! (and from now on, I'm not checking out any of your purchases, your going to have me broke)

MIrthful! You go! I can't imagine going to school right now, especially an accelerated course.

Truebluexf, thanks for the peepee tip.

we're going to have our babes so soon ... uh I'm crying again

I wish we could all meat somewhere and have a great elaborite feast in some morrocan resteraunt with big pillows to lounge on, and wonderful food, and maybe watch some belly dancers. We could give them a run for their money!

#24 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 10:19 AM

Katie, I am really sorry about your landlord. s I agree with everyone who said check your lease agreement. I remember almost all of ours said the landlord had to give notice before coming over. But I also agree you don't want them coming over when you are in labor, so maybe it is better if you move. Find a place where the landlord lives far away (or at least in a different neighborhood). Landlords can be such a pain. We got kicked out of our apartment when DD was 4 months old because the lady downstairs complained that we were walking too loudly across the flour!!!!! How crazy is that, it is dumbest thing to complain about.

Mirthfulmom, CONGRATS on your paper. That is awesome. It is such a nice feeling to get something DONE and be DONE with it.

I am really scared about weight gain this time too. I wasn't going to weight myself, but I jumped on the scale and peeked the other day. I have already gained almost 30 pounds, and I haven't even hit the 3rd Trimester Yet!!!! Aaaaargh!!!! With DD I gained 40 pounds, so I am hoping I don't gain any more than that this time. I keep telling myself I only have about 12 more weeks to go (if I deliver early again at 38 1/2 weeks), so with a pound a week gain that will put me just about right at 40 pounds. Of course it probably also wouldn't hurt if I laid off on the ice cream every night. LOL

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#25 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 10:36 AM

Thanks everyone, and I am sorry for venting so much!

We don't HAVE a lease. That is the hard part. And in Ohio, the laws just say the landlord has to give 24 hours notice before coming IN the house. They never try to do that, they just stand at the door and b!tch us out. So they are within their rights unfortunately. We should have had red flags pop up when we looked at the place 18 months ago and they said they have had a lot of "problem tenants." I think maybe THEY have the problem. (And the house next door rents from them, and they don't like our landlord either. BUT, the landlord let THEM have an above-ground pool and a trampoline. But we're not allowed a swingset for our toddler. ) Dh and I are going house-looking later today.

Take care everyone. SOrry to take us so off-topic.

Oh, and about the weight....don't worry so much about it! Your body will gain what it needs. (Well, maybe with some extra "ice cream" lbs. ) But you're growing a big, healthy baby! Maybe if it stresses anyone out, they can just stop weighing themselves? I am blissfully ingnorant!
#26 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysmama
Maybe if it stresses anyone out, they can just stop weighing themselves? I am blissfully ingnorant!
believe me, if could stop, i *would*.....i asked my dr about not weighing, but he said it can be an incicator of something going on...and with my history of pre-eclampsia, that is the main reason....i know there are other ways to incicate pre-e, but i guess i'm just not one to be argumentative....i guess i could just not look and ask him not to mention it unless there is a prob.... i guess i'll just deal with it....
#27 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 12:50 PM

This baby is active on and off throughout the day, and almost always when I lay down with Ethan to cuddle him to sleep. I remember Ethan being active as soon as I tried to lay down too, but I don't remember his sleep habits as a newborn really.

I too am getting excited to meet this new little baby, and discover his personality, etc. etc. It's an entirely different sense of anticipation than I had while waiting for Ethan to be born. So interesting...
#28 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Katie, I'm so sorry to hear about your landlords...but you know, I really believe that things happen for a reason. Maybe it's "fate" or "God" (choose your fave, lol) or maybe it's an attitude that simply creates the conditions to come true. Anyways, in my life things always work out that way. I'm sure you will find a lovely place that will radiate peace, you will feel happy about the move, especially since you are planning a homebirth and do NOT need that sort of negative landlord energy around you!!

mirthfulmum: congrats on the paper!! I think it's fabulous that you are doing this course, what a great chance to get those credits out of the way. btw, what will your degree be in?

The peeing thing: while I'm sure vaginal birth can weaken those muscles, I have to agree with trueblue that it's also just a PG thing. I noticed when I was PG with my first (and now this one - and I had a c/s with DD) that if I sneeze or laugh sometimes I leak a little. I am wearing liners all the time now (amelia - you should try cloth! I got these awesome hemp fleece liners, LadyGlow Lite Pads from Hidden Pearl Creations, they are so comfy and I don't have that "period" feeling) so I have "backup"...

Ann, I'm not tired of hearing about your move! I'm excited for you. Seattle rocks! Plus all us "moving mamas" are going through the same thing, so it's nice to hear about it.

As for weight gain: I'm just over 29 weeks and have gained a total of 25 lbs now. Basically, it's been one pound a week for ages...I do eat alot of desert/chocolate bars...I'm sort of enjoying the honeymoon as I was never able to indulge my sweet tooth the way I have since I got PG with DD, then nursing her, and now this PG. Anyways, I do want to stress to y'all that are worrying about weight: I really believe that your body gains what it needs to. I was far more careful about what I ate, and I got exercise, with my first PG...and yet this one is following the exact same course of weight gain. I gained 35 with DD, and if I continue at 1 lb per week I'll be around that with this one, too.

Well, I think I posted on the last bit of last week's thread that the buyer we had for our property backed out. Now we are in major job-hunting mode for DH, as we no longer have a "cushion" of cash to ease the transition to back home. Please send us good job-vibes!!

Have a great day, everybody (momadance, the morroccan dinner sounds great!)

#29 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 01:12 PM

Lucysmama It sounds like they need a life-whatever will they do without you to bug??!! LOL -but I guess it's better to do it before the babe comes rather than after. Good luck with searching!!

3boys4us-I gained 8lbs this months so know how you feel! I was doing so well up until this month then I feel like I ate constantly so I wasn't that surprised. I just have to eat better! We don't keep chips/cookies/etc around but I still eat lots of carbs with crackers/cheese, pasta and cereal so I'm sure that's it.

Mamadance-hang in there! I'm sure I'll be thinking the same think next week! We can move in on Tues but won't have the moving truck arrive until Thurs/Fri and my cheap DH says we can just sleep on the floor Tues/Wed night so we don't have to pay for a hotel-WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amelia-Good luck with your move this week too!! We'll have to give updates soon!

Went to the inlaws last night to drop off some xmas gifts so I don't have to mail them and she decided to give me mine too-but unwrapped so I got to see everything! I guess this really is a Christmas in July Oh well, the kids will still be surprised at xmas which is all that counts. And they got some fun stuff too.
Take care
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#30 of 97 Old 07-27-2004, 03:22 PM

Katie - if your landlords consider a swing set to be a "commotion", just wait til they hear you giving birth! That's the last thing you need when you're in labor, some nosy neighbor knocking on the door telling you to stop moaning. I'd get outta there ASAP. Good luck!

Can someone post the link to the yahoo group? I missed that somehow and I'd like to post my pic and see everyone else's. Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page