It's August! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 127 Old 08-04-2004, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
27 weeks 4 days

We just got to my parent's house, after driving for 3 days straight. DH has a few job interviews up North over the next few days and hopefully he will find something and we can look for places and all that. Moving is not fun, and we have to do it again in just 2-3 weeks! Aaargh!

I just skimmed over the posts, and won't be able to reply to everything. But, Lucysmama, I vote for Violet for a first name, I LOVE that name. However, I also think Annabelle is a beautiful name. I have never heard anyone named Annabelle, so I don't think it is that trendy, although I do know lots of people with kids named Anna or Belle or Bella, so the nicknames would be trendy. I love the nickname Annie, I had a really good friend in college named Annie, so that name has very positive connotations for me.

Piglet, congrats on the apt. I hope we are able to find a good one as quickly!

We still have sex with dd in the bed asleep. Only at nightime, when the room is completely dark and we turn the ac on and do it under the covers. We have a king and she is one the far side of the bed. There is lots of room, and as long as it is dark and we can have covers over us, we are totally comfortable with it. We won't do it in the same room as her if she is asleep and it is light outside, or too hot for blankets or something like that. It is nice to be able to tell you all that. Lots of people think it extremely weird to have sex in the same room (much less the same bed) as a sleeping child over the age of 1. We still do it every 1-2 weeks. Less lately that normal since things have been so crazy with moving and all.

Birth Predictionct. 17th and 10 hours of labor. (DD was 10 days early and 22 hours of labor, so I am hoping for an improvement with 12 days early and only 10 hours of labor LOL)

QOTW: Everything in front just keeps getting bigger and bigger. It seems as my belly grows, my breasts do too. LOL My nursing bras from DD are already too tight, so I shudder to think what size I will need after Greta is born.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#62 of 127 Old 08-04-2004, 06:02 PM

Piglet,
ask your doc if you can take the one hr glucose test again, and see what results you get. Esp if your 1st time was just borderline high. The 3 hr totally sucks (I had to do it 3x last pregnancy : ), I'd def discuss w/ your doc any alternatives.
#63 of 127 Old 08-04-2004, 08:30 PM

Just have a sec, but, Piglet, also do you think you could just monitor blood sugar at home for a few days instead? I mean what would the doc think about it. It means more finger pricks but it also means not starving yourself! I can't imagine waiting that many hours to eat in the morning when I'm not pregnant, let alone now!!!

Katie -- Loving Annabelle and Violet...I like Clementine but feel as you do about the nickname thing....I like names you can shorten if you want to....

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#64 of 127 Old 08-04-2004, 09:52 PM

i got behind today on reading posts....

Lucysmom...i vote for Annabelle Violet...i also like Violet for a first name.

i've been struck with pregnant brain, i can't remember what else i was gonna say... :

have a good night, mamas!!

#65 of 127 Old 08-04-2004, 09:55 PM

I dried up and weaned my 2 yr old in the begining of this pregnancy. I just started to get my colostrum in last week! I love nursing but hate all the leaking everywhere, especially sleeping in a wet bed
#66 of 127 Old 08-04-2004, 10:56 PM

ugh! I'm remembering the constant leaking when first nursing. What a mess I was! I was always having to change my shirt because I would leak right thru the breast pads. Fortunately I was warned about the leaking in bed before Alias was born so I was given the tip to sleep on a layer of incontinence pads covered by towels. It saved me from having to wash the bedding every day.
#67 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 12:01 AM

Thanks again everyone for their input. Violet is not a contender for a first name, sadly. I like it but dh does not. So it has been pushed to "middle-name-only" status.
#68 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 12:50 AM

So my appt was good today...I'm only 172 (:LOL that must be an oximoron right?!) good news because that means I only put on 3lbs in the last 5 weeks. Judging by how Oakley feels now I think most of that went to him! I go see her again in 3 weeks, can't believe I am at that point now. Ember is climbing all over me and is now singing in my ear so I guess that's all I am gonna be able to say tonight.
#69 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 04:08 AM

Okay I was bored and checking the yahoo group for like the millionth time to see if there were any new pics - and BeansMama your photo is beautiful! I was so excited to see a new picture. I posted one we took tonight of Logan kissing my belly, it was just too cute to keep to myself.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#70 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 08:43 AM

Good morning everyone, hope you are all having a nice morning. DS has decided to start getting up at 6:30 for some reason so mine is just so-so LOL. That and I think I broke my toe last night! I got up in the middle of the night to pee (of course) and whacked my toes in the doorway...it throbbed fora while when I got back in bed but I was too tired to do anything. It's so sore today.

Even worse than the milk leaking in the beginning for me were teh night sweats...I would SOAK the bed, change my clothes, then do it all over again....it was awful. We changed the seets everyday for a good week. Wonder what I can do for that???

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#71 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 10:11 AM

Amy! sorry 'bout the toe...OUCH!! about the sweats...that is just another your body gets rid of all the extra fluid accumulated during pregnancy...lovely, huh!! i'd rather pee every half hr than sweat!!

hope your toe feels better.

#72 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 01:27 PM

Amy- Sorry to hear about your toe...and about Mickade waking you up so early!

I borrowed a really nice kids book yesterday from the midwife that you guys would all love, it's called Hello Baby, by Jenni Overend...try to find it if you can, especially those of you who plan on siblings attending. It's about a homebirth and the pictures are lovely, and my favorite part is that after the baby is born the whole family spends the night camped out in the living room infront of the fireplace.

So one other thing I wanted to bring up from my appt. yesterday is the midwife mentioned that the Vit.K in Canada has no preservitives. We had already decided prior that we didn't want the injection, it was either oral or none at all and I am not sure how I feel about it being the same thing that they would give either way (not sure if I am explaining that well...basically she showed us the vile and said that they use this for both, just given by injection or orally). Next appt. is when we will discuss it with her more, she gave us a sheet about all the newborn procedures that we are to read and then discuss next time (which is quite funny really, a two page little printout that covers all the newborn tests and procedures compared to all that I've read about it already here and other places :LOL, then again it's more than I recieved from my Dr.). Anyway, I would like to find more information pertaining to the Vit. K in Canada because everything I have come across is American and it seems that they are different. And I guess I will have to sign a waiver to avoid the eye drops, maybe it will be the same to avoid the Vit. K, at least it is the midwifes policy to delay the eye drops to promote bonding.

Nancy- I love the name Rowan but it does seem to be used on a lot of girls around here now....I do think it was harder on boys to have names that were taken over by girls in the 80's but nowadays gender neutral names are sooo common I don't think there is the same stigma. Henry Rowan does sound really good together. Ruth and Maria are both cute and maybe you will need to see her to decide on that one. I don't know, I am one of those who just "knows" when I have found the right name, it just feels right and I can't move past it.

Ugh, I am so not looking forward to the night leaking again. I don't seem to remember the sweats, maybe I lucked out.

Amelia- sending lots of job and house finding vibes your way!
#73 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 02:26 PM

Yesterday was a rough one for me. Something that I ate the day before that upset my tummy horribly. I was up all through the night with a bad belly ache and then ended up on the (sorry if tmi). I called the er and they said no eating, and plenty of fluids. Thankfully it didn't start any contractions and today I am feeling a bit better, just tired. Oh I hate it when you get sick during pg and their is pretty much nothing you can do but suffer.

So Letia must still be stalking for diapers--check in soon and give us an update
#74 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Stanleymama, I'm glad you are okay! I can't imagine dealing with the misery of stomach upset (a nice term for what basically amounts to puking and diarrhea, huh?) while pregnant.

Amelia, forgot to say congrats on making it through the first phase of your moving experience. I can totally relate to the "limbo" feeling. I had to fill out another form for our apartment application, and will fax it off later. I sure hope we find out by Friday, but maybe not until next week. WHAT a relief it will be to have an address to go to! Here's sending good house-hunting and job-hunting vibes your way! (oh, yeah, DH has a phone interview this evening!).

Oh, the leaky boobs. Yes, I well recall sleeping on bath towels at night, and how messy it all was. My goodness, the things we look forward to. Nursing DD has been easy for so long, I forget sometimes that it wasn't so easy at first (in terms of neatness and efficiency that is). Geez, I even remember DD would nurse for 40 minutes...not the 3 minute "milkies shots" that a toddler does, lol.

OakEmber: sounds like your midwife is on the ball. hey, where in BC are you? I want to say Courtney...wherever it is, sounds like you've found a good midwife.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#75 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 04:41 PM

Speaking of cool kids' books, I was poking around on amazon (looking for "big sister" books for Hannah) and ran across this one. Looks like a beautiful homebirth book:

Welcome With Love
by Jenni Overend, Julie Vivas

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=books&n=3057

Editorial Reviews
From Publishers Weekly
Jack and his family welcome a baby boy in this tranquil description of a seamless home birth, from an Australian team. "Mum's got pains in her tummy and that means her baby is ready to be born," announces the boy narrator. Overend makes the baby's arrival a family affair and carefully describes the events from a child's perspective. When Mum takes a walk outdoors alone in the whistling wind to "help the baby along," for instance, Jack thinks, "If I was a baby listening to that wind, I'd want to stay inside Mum, floating in the warm water." The woman's walk and subsequent indoor pacing works, however, and she finally gives birth in a standing position, fully undressed, supported by her husband as her children and sister look on, and a midwife guides the infant out. In a placid concluding tableau, the older siblings curl up in sleeping bags before the fire, alongside their parents and the newborn. Vivas's (Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge) softly focused pencil illustrations capture the serenity of the delivery, as well as Jack's aweAand slight apprehensionAat the arrival of his new brother. Though the natural childbirth scenario may not be typical of most youngsters' experience, those awaiting the birth of a new sibling may well take comfort in the book's smooth introduction of the stages leading up to labor as well as its soothing tone and images. Ages 4-8.
Copyright 2000 Reed Business Information, Inc.

From School Library Journal
Kindergarten-Grade 6-A refreshing book that dares to show and tell it like it is. "Mum's got pains in her tummy and that means her baby is ready to be born." So Jack, his two older sisters, Dad, Anna the midwife, and Mum's sister get ready. The baby's clothes are laid out, the "special microphone" and an oxygen tank are unpacked, and a giant bed is set up by the fire. Readers are then presented with the routines and realities of a home birth. This book is bold and sensitive, tasteful and sweet....
#76 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 05:25 PM

Oh, that does sound like a good book! How sweet. I don't have any other kids to read it to, but I might get it anyway just for DH to read. :LOL

Is anyone else just a bundle of anxiety lately? Maybe it's a first-time-mom thing, but I'm suddenly feeling the pressure lately that we're "not ready for the baby".

We still haven't figured out what our sleeping arrangement will be. We want to do some sort of cosleeping, but we're both nervous about having a newborn in the bed with us. I've read so many "rules" about cosleeping - not using down comforters, etc. Our house is old and a bit chilly in winter and we luuuuv our down comforter. I can't imagine sleeping w/out covers and wearing a ton of clothes! I always sleep naked.

But I'm afraid if I invest in some sort of Arm's Reach co-sleeper thing it will be money wasted when we don't use it or don't like it or it doesn't match up height-wise with our bed.... We currently have a bed but are considering just a mattress on the floor (DH's preference). What about those Moses baskets? Are they a total waste of money?

There are so many options I don't know what to do. What do you with kids do for cosleeping? Someone just tell me what to do and that'll be it.

What about carseats? Someone tell me what to buy. I'm totally lost. Do people buy these as shower gifts or are they too expensive? My mom's friend is throwing me a shower and I'm just hoping I get some useful stuff and not a lot of plastic toys and diaper genies.... (I sound like such an ingrate.)
#77 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnflwr
Welcome With Love
by Jenni Overend, Julie Vivas
OK :LOL, I was reading the discription and was thinking...hey, that's the same book! Then I clicked on your link and it is the same cover and everything, only a different title, strange!

Argh! Please tell me I am not the only one who will start a chore and then feel a total energy drain! I washed the floor and then promptly needed a nap. It means that a good deal of projects go unfinished : And now I don't want to lift a finger for the rest of the day.

Kimberly- sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well...glad that it was short lived.

Piglet- nope not Courtney, I'm in the Okanagan and my midwife is in Kelowna but I travel a bit over an hour to see her...I am in a small town of like 2000 so that's why I don't use it's name except in PM, I'd be pretty easy to find
#78 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

I understand, OakEmber...you don't have to say. Okanagon is close enough, lol.

gottaknit: allow me to tell you what to do! JUST bring baby to bed with you! Honestly, all those cosleeping rules are just to cover your butts. Even a two day old baby will squirm and fuss when a blanket gets on their face, and trust me you will be very aware all the time of where baby is and where the blankets are. I would probably ditch the down comforter for a little while, and use something heavier like wool blankets. But there is no need to lose the covers. Just put baby on TOP of your covers, dress baby in warm PJ's (but not too warm, you'll be amazed how much heat you and DH give off), and give baby a little warm blankie of his/her own. Chances are in those early days baby will be permanently lodged in the crook of your arm, or sleeping on your chest. I urge you to trust in your mama instincts: you have to experience it to believe it, but you really do "know" what baby is up to and wake instantly if you need to. If you aren't sure about your DH (my DH is a very aware sleeper so I wasn't worried about him), then be between him and baby. Otherwise put baby between you so you don't have to worry about the edge of the bed. We did put our mattress on the floor eventually (at first DD didn't move in her sleep so i wasn't worried about her rolling off). I wouldn't waste money on the cosleeper or crib until you are sure you will need it, and most people find they don't unless they have a very small bed.

Carseats: well i was just chatting with mum today and she is getting quite excited about spending lots of time with Emily and mentioned she should get a car seat for her own car. I'm tempted to give her our crappy Cosco Alpha Omega (straps are ALWAYS twisting and it drives me nuts) and get her to buy us a Britax!! I've lusted after them for so long....

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#79 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 05:41 PM

Nancy- about the co-sleeping, my advise would be to wait and see, you can always buy something after the baby comes. I always tell my friends that it is impossilbe to make up your mind about co-sleeping before hand because some people can't sleep without there baby with them and some can't get any sleep with there baby right there! You never know what kind of physical reaction your body will produce I guess...it has been almost 4 years and I still can't get a good nights sleep without Ember beside me, I guess I am a big sap..if she is not with me I stay up wondering if she is lonely, cold, scared(or worse, what if there is a fire, or an intruder) and I don't get a sound sleep because I want to hear her if she wakes up! So in our case I am really happy that we never wasted money on a crib. And I might be in the minority but we did sleep with pillows and blankets, I always had my arm above her head with her kinda snuggled into my armpit for protection....Ember has always kicked off the covers and I feel that having my body next to her keeps her warm. I have friends (who aren't AP mind you) that swear to me that they can't sleep with the baby because they freak out at every little noise the baby makes and get over paranoid about whether or not they are breathing...I liked being able to just place my hand on thier chest and know they are.
#80 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 05:45 PM

Thanks Piglet and OakEmber! This is exactly what I needed to hear. That's what I really want to do. It just seems so much easier and natural. I'm not worried about DH smooshing the baby. He's already been confined to one small corner anyway. :LOL I've become a serious bed-hog since getting pregnant.
#81 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 07:49 PM

Nancy - ITA with Piglet and OakEmber. I too was very paranoid about the whole co-sleeping thing before Alias was born. I read every article and book I could find and they all had these extensive DO NOT DO lists. I even read quite a few that advised against having the baby on pillow-top mattress (and guess what kind of expensive mattress we have). I spent the first few days of Alias' life very worried about our sleeping arangements. I fussed about the pillows and covers and I was almost convinced that we needed to get a co-sleeper. And then after about a week, I realized that my mommy instincts were going full force when I was asleep. I knew exactly where he was in the bed and I knew when he was warm and comfy and when he wasn't. And when Alias was hungry or fussy I just rolled over and gave him the breast, or rubbed his back, or tucked him under my arm, or whatever he needed. Once we got into the swing of things I had other mommas asking me what my secret was since I looked so well rested, being a mom to a newborn and all. I told them that co-sleeping was one of the best things I'd ever done as a new parent. It takes a few days to relax and enjoy it, but once you, Dh and the baby find your comfort zone in the big family bed, all three of you will have much easier and sleep-filled nights.

As for car seats, I didn't buy the infant bucket seat for Alias, instead we just bought the car seat that goes from infancy to toddlerhood. I regretted it. And wished that I had bought a bucket for Alias as they looked more comfortable and if he fell asleep in the car then I wouldn't have had to pull him out of his car seat (which always woke him up). So for Harrison we bought a bucket car seat. We bought the EvenFlo PortAbout. I did a bit of research and we choose that one. My recommendation is to check out E-pinions.com and do a search for carseats. The site is great, gives tons of info, and compares lots of brands. Even tells you who is selling it for the lowest price.

Kimberly - I hate being sick when pregnant, esp. with a stomach bug. Yuck. Feel better soon.

Amy - Oww! Hope your toe's not busted. Sounds like it really hurts!

I too am really feeling the exhaustion from just being pregnant. I find that I'll wake up feeling pretty good. Get everyone fed and dressed and be ready to start our day when I'm hit with just complete and total exhaustion. By about 10am I am pooped and ready to go back to bed. I haven't given our home a good cleaning for weeks, and boy does it show .
#82 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 08:00 PM

Nancy-- We just put Mickade in the bed. I had a bassinet too, but that mostly wound up getting used for naps and such, so he could be nearby (we had a two story townhouse at the time). I was worried too, so I started using just one pillow, and wouldn't pull the down comforter up past my waist or so. That way, only sheet and light blanket could be on baby. I was totally paranoid about keeping the pillow away from him, so his head was more lined up with my chest. I heard and felt everything he did, and I could lay on my side in one position all night (i guess pregnancy prepares you for that, LOL!! But it's much less uncomfortable when there is no longer a person inside you ). I didn't let DS sleep in the middle of us bc DH is a very heavy sleeper and one night I saw him almost roll over on DS, so that was the end of that til DS was bigger. As for carseats, I would get an infant one (the Graco Snugride is always highly rated safety-wise) and honestly spend the money on a Britax Roundabout or Marathon. There is a great forum on Parentslplace.com about carseats, with lots of certified carseat techs who frequent the board and give excellent advice. If you go with the marathon, it's great bc it goes to like 65 lbs, so it will definitely last til you need a booster and your child is mature enough to use a seatbelt; however, if you have a small car it could be hard to fit in rear-facing. Go check out the board, you'll learn a lot and get lots of professional help!

I am tired all the time. I think that's all I need say for that discussion!!!

Thanks for the toe sympathy. It's a bit purple now, but the pain isn't too bad as long no one touches it LOL. Like when DS stepped on it earlier, ouch!! I don't think there's anything that can really be done for it so I just have to wait for it to heal up.

#83 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 08:24 PM

Another pro-co-sleeping mama here ... it just worked perfectly for us. I know there are some mamas and some babies who really just need their own space ... but I still don't sleep well w/o my boy snug and warm next to me. We'll be sidecar-ing a crib for this new baby, just to make sure we have enough room, but I anticipate it being a big snuggle fest for the most part. I say to at least give it a try and see if it works for you. Be prepared for other people to freak out about it though... my MIL would call me to tell me about her having horrible nightmares about me smothering Ethan, or him falling out of bed and falling down the stairs, etc. etc. Whatevah! :LOL

About car-seats ... I'm really out of the loop re: infant bucket seats. E's been in a Britax of one sort or another since around 5 months when we moved him from his bucket to a (rearfacing, of course) Roundabout. He's currently in the Marathon. We really have had *fantastic* experiences and I highly recommend them. I know some people think they're just for car seat snobs (whatever that means, *lol*) ... but we tried it based on research and lots of positive experiences of friends, and I truly love both of the Britax's that E. has been in. We're planning on doing the same thing this time around (starting off w/ the bucket ... it's a Graco something or the other, I don't even remember... and then switching to the Roundabout at around 5- months.).
#84 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 08:34 PM

and add me to the exhausted list ... I feel like I did during the early part of this pregnancy ... I would go to sleep w/ E., and wake up with E, getting at 9-10 hours of sleep, and still be totally drained. Some tasks tire me out just *thinking* about them! I've been meaning to clean and reorganize our sewing and playroom, and I just look at the chaos that they're in, and have *no* motivation. I've been sitting on my butt a lot, getting a lot of crocheting done, but that's about it. Ah well, I have 3 new soakers for this baby to show for it at least Add to that the fact that it's been raining here every day for what feels like weeks on end ... I can barely gear myself up to walk the dog and run necessary errands. *sigh* Waiting for the burst of energy everyone keeps promising me is around the corner...
#85 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 08:42 PM

hi mamas!

we'll be a cosleeping family too. we got a moses basket to put the baby in on the bed if dh is worried initially, but mostly i think that will get used for naps. we have 2 dogs so we want to be able to define some baby spaces as well.

gosh, the car seat thing was a real pain for us. went to this great store with good selection and it turns out my car (2001 subaru) is just really, really hard to fit. we tried so many seats and they all fit like crap - really wobbly and loose. we went home and dh made some adjustments and we were able to get a really good fit with one seat. it's an infant seat from pegpegpego (whatever that brand is). i think with dh's car adjustments we'll be able to get a good fit with a convertible seat once the baby outgrows the bucket.

tomorrow i'm heading away for a week for a business trip to a conference. amusingly, my mom is coming (we're also going to stop and see some tourist sites on the way). i'm really going to miss dh and the dogs while i'm gone but i know the week will be good and pass quickly. hopefully it will be good to spend time with my mom... generally we get along easily, but like most parents, she's quirky and we don't always see eye to eye. we're very close though so i suspect it will be a nice trip. i'm still pretty comfortable and my bladder is holding up pretty well so i think the car drive shouldn't be too bad. it's about 4 hours for tomorrow, 4 the next day and then maybe we'll do the whole return trip in one go of about 7 hours next week.

also wanted to say how much i love the october mamas gallery! maybe i can upload something before i go.

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#86 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 08:56 PM

Just wanted to say that my darling husband just made me the yummiest snack! It was a peanut and raspbery jam snadwich with Lay's potato chips inside the sandwich. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones but the man is a culinary genius!
#87 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 11:19 PM

Culinary genius you say? My Dad introduced all us kids to peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches...now there is brilliance. Try it, you'll love it!

I can commiserate with every one of you tired, unmotivated mamas. I'm also dragging these days.

Re cosleeping, we loved cosleeping with newborn Clara right from the get go. What made us confident was that all three of us had our own set of blankets. Clara slept in the middle of the King sized bed swaddled up in some baby blanket and then DH and I slept on either side with single bedsheets. This worked great in the Summer but unfortunatly we don't have two extra single duvets so we won't be doing the same thing this time around. Although, I'm not nearly as concerned about any of those "rules" this time around anyway!
#88 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 11:22 PM

Just wanted to say I will not be around much for a while - dd and I moved out today. (See my post in Parents as Partners if you wanna know background.)

Love to all you mamas and I will post when I can. I don't know how often I will get online.
#89 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 11:42 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm thoughts--I am doing better today, just feel a bit drained. I feel nervous to eat anything though--I don't want it to get flared back up.

Anyways--gottaknit-my dh callls me the "pillow-master" when pg because I take up most of the bed with all of my pillows tucked in the right places to keep me comfy. This time I have been using a body pillow, which has worked wonders, so he does have a bit more room. Its nice though he works nights so then I get the WHOLE bed to myself

OakEmber--I have a couple friends who live in Kelowna. I have never been there, but I here it is BEAUTIFUL--I am so jealous!!!

I hear everyone on being tired as well. I am able to get my stuff done around the house, but that is about it. My mil is with us for the summer and sometimes she will really piss me off with comments like " so when are going to bake cookies--we all want a treat." She can be wonderful, but when I am tired don't nag me. Sometimes she just doesn't get that I am TIRED and that dinner is a HUGE accomplishment. Ok there is my little vent.

Mamas--hope you all have a nice restful sleep tonight
#90 of 127 Old 08-05-2004, 11:59 PM

Lucysmama--I just went and read your post. I am so sorry that you are going through something like this right now. I will keep you and Lucy in my prayers tonight

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page