KateMary 10/06 GIRL!
Proudly AP 10/08
mayasmama 10/08 GIRL!
FutureMama 10/09 BOY!
bluehalo 10/10 BOY! Noah Daniel
allformyboys 10/11
Lucysmama 10/12 *prediction: girl, Oct 8, 16 hrs labour*
bendmom 10/12
momadance 10/13 BOY! Gabriel Reed...? or will it be Zappa?
*prediction: Oct 23rd*
Mandi 10/14
rhemp 10/14
wannabmommie 10/15
MTBto5 10/15
krnflwr 10/16 GIRL! *prediction: Oct 16th, 10 hours labour*
gmvh 10/16 TWINS! BOY! and GIRL!
Piglet68 10/18 BOY! Sasha Adam
MommyMuse 10/19
JenDoula 10/19
BeansMomma 10/20 GIRL!
Mom2Lily 10/20
CourtneyandLogan 10/21 BOY! Zander Julian
*prediction: Oct 18 or 28*
OakEmber 10/21 BOY! Oakley Kai
*prediction: Oct 6 - 10, 6 hours labour*
mtnjenny 10/22
Stanleymama 10/23 BOY! *prediction: Oct 18, short easy labour*
gottaknit 10/24 *prediction: Oct 31 - Nov 4, > 9 lbs*
3boyz4us 10/24
Ctmom70 10/24 BOY! Alex Richard
Kim22 10/24 BOY!
aspiring mama 10/25
sunshinegal 10/25 Fiona
truebluexf 10/27
Soogie 10/27 *prediction: Oct 27 or 28*
ameliabedelia 10/29 GIRL! Greta Marie
flitters 10/30
BeauGeek 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
guinnessinu 10/31 TWINS! BOY! and BOY!
BlueMoonTime 10/31 GIRL! Alexis

Good morning, everyone!

Hope y'all had a great weekend, and are starting your week refreshed. I'm beginning week 29 (only TEN weeks until baby arrives!! wow!), and I think most of us should be in our third trimester's now.

Question of the Week: kind of a silly/fun question this time but...what's going on with your breasts these days?

I am definitely not making any milk, my supply disappeared weeks ago. No sign of colostrum yet, either. And I'm not sure if this is because I was nursing during PG, but I never got the lovely bustline I did with my first pregnancy. My breasts are still rather droopy. However, I have noticed over the last few days that they seem to be getting fuller. And I've had much increased nipple pain when DD is nursing (thank goodness she seems to be cutting down again). So maybe there is something going on there. My nips are so tired from DD that I can't even bring myself to try to express something, but I'm wondering if things are "getting into gear" for baby. I'm actually excited at the thought of having breasts full of milk again (prob'ly since nursing on an empty breast is no fun!) and also of feeling letdown again. But then I remember all the pads and towels and leaks...lol...aw heck, it's all good!!

So, are you happy with your newfound cleavage? Are you finding yourself falling over on your face b/c what was already well-endowed is now monstrous? Or are you, like me, wondering where the lovely rounded boobs of pregnancy are hiding?

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2004, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow - I missed all of last week! We have been so busy! I love reading all the posts, there is so much going on with everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum!

QOTW: Alright, I think I'm REALLY in the minority with this one - I've been leaking since week 16! Can you believe it!? Every morning I wake up with 2 big wet spots on my t-shirt and one time I leaked through at work (bought some pads after that incident)! Every now and then there are darker yellow spots - colostrum, I guess. My dh and I joke that by the time this baby is born, trying to feed the baby will be like using a fire hose!!! I am usually so small, that I absolutely LOVE my pregnancy cleavage!!!

So, we were supposed to have some drywall work done this weekend, and were stood up (again). We just have our kitchen ceiling and 2 bedroom walls, so and we keep getting dumped for larger jobs. But that means there are still tarps everywhere (so drywall dust won't get everywhere), and we can't install kitchen cabinets (need a ceiling first)! A day that I can find clean clothes and the phone when it rings is a good day!!! It's so stressful, but I'm trying to not get too worked up over it. I can't wait to wash my kissaluvs!!!

Can't wait to hear how you are all doing!
Old 08-02-2004, 12:36 PM

Had a great time last week up at my sil's in northern minnesota. Very relaxing and refreshing. Downside was it was pretty chilly so only one day of boating and tubing. Dh took Collin out on the tube with him and he LOVED IT!!! He kept putting his hand in the water and saying to daddy--"Look at the fishies." Aidan went as well and enjoyed it but not as much as Collin.

28w and 2 days here. I am ready for my clothes to start fitting. I know many of you here are loving being pg, but for me I am ready to be done. But it seems like I have been pg for forever since this is #4 in 4years. I love feeling my little guy move, but I love it soooo much more when they are in my arms.

QOTW: Well my boobs were pretty droopy at the start of pg since Sammy had just weaned, but now they are filling out again and I love it!!! I too have always been small so I defintely enjoy actually getting the chance to have breasts-LOL!!! And I LOVE nursing and can hardly wait to start up again. I imagine though that when I am done having my own children there won't be anything to speak of.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:46 PM

My breasts are nice and voluptuous again, thank you very much. They had fizzled back down to a droopy, floppy, B but now I'm up a chest size and into C's. Can't wait for the milk and my D's to come back!!! It's fun being chesty for a while!!! I have colostrum, Ds isn't nursing but um DH confirmed that there is something in there :LOL. That being said, we finally got to have sex for the first time in almost 7 weeks, so that was fun!!!

Mandi, my SIL is a super milk producer too...she could express milk really early on. One time, after her DD came, she sat on the toilet and leaned over and started spraying milk everywhere...she got two bottles and filled them both up, without even touching her breasts!!!!

I too am getting a bit antsy for this pg to be over. This has been a really long one for me, between not feeling well in the beginning and the bedrest and everything...I feel like I've been pg forever.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 08-02-2004, 01:36 PM

8 more weeks to go! Holy smokes, I didn't realize that until I just wrote it down right now!

I am with you mommas who are done being pregnant. I was telling my husband last night that I have been feeling real selfish lately and that I just want to have my body back. I want to sleep comfrotably, be able to breath without feeling like I have a weight on my chest, be able to run around and wrestle with Alias, have a beer, not constantly be assessing how close the bathrooms are whenever we go out to the park, not break out into an overheated sweaty mess every time the temp. gets over 20 degress (I think that's 75 farenhieght), oh yeah, and have a sex life again! I love feeling my babe growing stronger and healthier everyday. I love that we are having another little guy joining our famliy. I just wish it were October already! Okay whine fest over.

Had a wonderful and then stressful day yesterday. The first part of the day was fantastic. We all went down to watch the Gay Pride Parade, Alias had a blast! He loved all the dancing and music and costumes. And boy he made out like a bandit. The people walking with the floats were giving him all sorts of stickers, tatoos, balloons, whistles, pride beads (like Mardi Gras beads) and, of course, candy . He had such a great time the only problem was when the parade was over. He just burst into tears and cried "More parade! Where music? Where dancing?" It was so sad. Fortunately he bounces back pretty quick when he rediscovered all his goodies in the backpack. When I got home I had to rush off to my granfather, who is im very poor health, as he had an attack and was so weak he couldn't get out of bed. After I made him a cup pf tea, spent time with him and then made him a light meal he was better but he is in bad shape. He's 92, has lived a long life and accomplished so much... it's still so hard to see the robust, strong, determined man that I grew up with become the frail sick man he is now. He told me last night that he is finished with this world and just wants to be free. But his heart just keeps pumping and he keeps waking up every morning. It's hard.

Well I've spent so long on the above that I've run out of time to answer the QOTW. ALias has found me out and has turned off the monitor stateing "No 'puter mommy". So I guess I'll just have to get to the QOTW later.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:42 PM

30 weeks!

I can't believe it is August!!! Just think, in another 7 or 8 weeks, we will probably have a baby or two here! That kinda wigs me out a little bit.

We gave our landlord 30 days notice (YAY!) and he said, "Well, I figured you'd be going." Uhhhhh, yeah, that's what happens when you harrass your tenants. We get the impression around town that nobody stays in his two rental houses for very long. But we're moving! And we are so happy to be going. Now comes the hard part.....we are moving Sept. 1st, so I will have just under 6 weeks to get the new house inpacked and ready. Add to that the fact we are having a homebirth, and it makes me a little anxious. At least those nesting hormones should help me bust my butt and get the unpacking done!

QOTW: I have really big breasts to start with. I was a 36 DD prepregnancy, and actually - though my cups are really full, I am still the same size. My breasts look a little rounder, and the areola and nipples are darker, but other than that - they are the same old breasts.

I've been leaking colostrum since week 20 or so, I think..? And all it takes it a little squeeze and many drops come out. I have never actually breastfed, but when I pumped for dd, I was always a productive pumper. It took me about 15 minutes to get a bottle's worth from each breast. I am sooooo excited to actually breastfeed the new baby, though I definitely have some fear about it too.

And I am with Amy. This pregnancy has felt really long. And I feel physically like I should be just a few weeks from delivering, not 10. I just feel big and the baby feels big and I feel like I could have him/her in another 4 weeks. But please baby, stay inside for at least another 8!
Old 08-02-2004, 01:43 PM

and I'm in this weird in-between place ... partially getting anxious to meet this baby and be done being pregnant (and I'm really looking forward to my VBAC, crazy as that might sound ... I'm excited about having another chance to birth ) .... but on the other hand, I want time to slow down so I can cherish these last few weeks with Ethan as on only child ... I still have so much stuff to do (still don't have sleeping arrangments figured out, ack!). So, I have a feeling like these next 10 weeks will go by more quickly than I might want. Which is so funny compared to my pregnancy w/ E., where although I knew that the longer he "cooked" the better for him, I was just dying to meet him.

QOTW: breasts ... hrm, mine seem to be pretty consistent w/ pre-preg. size ... but I've been having some minor leakage for quite a while now, and like Amy mentioned, DH has noticed too Somewhere a few months ago the breast tenderness dissappeared, thank goodness. I don't remember that from my first pregnancy, and it caught me off guard.

I'm really excited about getting to nurse a tiny baby again ... I have such fond, rose colored memories of nursing Ethan ... there's just nothing like staring into each others eyes through a nursing session, or that milk-drunk, blissed out look those little babes get after drinking their fill of magic-mama-milk. *sigh*. Of course, this time around it will probably be completely different ... instead of being in our own little word, staring into each other's eyes, I'll be trying to keep baby latched on while running after Ethan who'll likely be chasing the dog with scissors trying to "give him a haircut". *lol*. I can fantasize though, right? *lol*

Happy Monday everyone
Old 08-02-2004, 01:46 PM

I'm back after a 2 week long vacation. Now I need a vacation from my vacation! It was hectic and crazy but lots of fun.

QOTW: Well, I am one of the unfortunate ones whose breasts do not change size during pregnancy, much to my DH's dismay. lol! My body just fails me in that department. I had severe supply problems with ds #1, leading to me having to supplement him at 6 months due to him losing weight and becoming dehydrated and lethargic. Things were better with dd#2, but I had to take domperidone to keep my supply going the entire time she nursed, 16 months. Each time I tried to wean myself off the meds, my supply would plummet. I'm not sure what this next experience will be like...I'm shooting for the old adage "Third times a charm!" I can only hope that just once, I can bf without having to use meds to stimulate production. I envy all of you super lactators!! I am leaking colustrum and have been since about 16 weeks.

I'm getting really excited about next week. I called and scheduled an appt to have a 4D ultrasound done. Has anybody else had one done with this pg or in the past??? My only concern is that we don't really want to know the sex and 2 of my friends that have had it done said it was impossible NOT to know...everything was extrememly visible. Even though I would like to keep it a surprise, it sure would make it easier to go through baby clothes...between 2 kids, I have 8 20gallon rubbermaid containers with clothes. The nesting instinct needs to kick in so I can at least sort them. ugh.

Susan
Old 08-02-2004, 01:47 PM

Mirthfulmum - We X-posted. So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. It's so hard to watch someone you love be ready to go....and keep going on. My dad was the same way. It was devestating for me when he actually died, but in a way, I was happy for him because his pain was gone, and he went peacefully in his sleep like he had always wanted to.

Wishing you and your grandpa love and peace.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:00 PM

They're definitely bigger, and dh is lovin' it. I, on the other hand, am not so sure...I liked them before! Isn't that terrible? But, as I always say, I'm new at all this. So most likely, when they start doing they're job, it'll be so exciting and amazing, and I'll be all proud of them as I should be.

Woke up this morning with dh, dog, and cat all in bed sleeping with us! That never happens! What's going on?! Talk about nesting - guess we're all feelin' the love.

Gearing up for the start of a new school year in a few short weeks. So fun to think about working with my dear students (my 1st and 2nd graders from last year will now be my 2nd and 3rd graders, with a new crew of sweet 1st graders) for just 8ish weeks, and then taking time off to be with a new bundle of joy.

So here's my gripe right now, read it if you like, skip it if you don't like: We've been bombarded with visitors this summer, which has been stressful. My brother and his wife are coming on Wednesday for a few days (which I can't wait for b/c they've never been to our little house in the mountains.) The in-laws are coming in the middle of August, and then they're coming back again with SIL's family which includes twin 1 1/2 year-old boys (and she's pregnant again, due on Thanksgiving.) I'm nervous about this visit because they're all staying at our little house, I'll be back at work, and I'll be 6 weeks from my due date. Oh - and as my MIL let me know, the boys will be terrified of the dog. : So we'll both be at work all day, I'll come home needing a nap (which I refuse to deny myself esp. if boys are crying at night?) they will have been here with our crazy 2-yr old pup, and wondering what we're going to do for dinner? DH is wonderfully helpful with cleaning and cooking all the time, but he's made it clear to his family he can't be taking days off because he's saving up time to spend with baby (he leaves at 10 am doesn't get home 'till about 8 pm.) I guess the hardest part of all of this is that dh and I are gearing up for the fact that SIL and her family live in the same town as in-laws, they see each other every single day, they are so in love with the twins, and with her new pregnancy, and are SO proud that she is able to stay home. So we're trying to be prepared for our own baby's pending arrival to be not the center of attention during that visit. I try so hard not to be so "poor me," but I'm anxious about this visit even though it seems far away right now. I guess, as I keep telling dh, I thought people were supposed to be extra considerate with someone who is pregnant and close to her due date, and not just assume that we're going to be all laid-back and accomodating as we usually are. I know, maybe I should call them up and let them know that a bear tried to get into my neighbor's house last week, and one got into another neighbor's car the week before that - then maybe they'll stay in a hotel! :LOL No, it's hard because we love them so much, they are dear people, and we truly are psyched that SIL is coming to our house.

Well ladies, thanks for listening. With everything else with this pregnancy going so beautifully, I need to concentrate on that and enjoy this visit. At least I know that dh is with me no matter what, and we can lay in bed and giggle under the covers when everyone goes to bed.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:28 PM

QOTW-Well, there is nothing interesting happening here in the breast dept! I am one of those small breasted mommas and I don't really have any changes to note, they are heavier and I guess a slight bit bigger but not as big as they were last time as I am not really filling out my maternity bras from before (and they are only a C, LOL)....I do remember them getting bigger postpartum, but as soon as my milk regulated itself they were about a C. I don't really care though, I am actually one who would feel uncomfortalbe with the new found cleaveage I think.

Mirthfulmum sorry about your Grandpa...when I saw my Great Grandma for the last time (she was also in her 90's) she was saying the same things, it feels a little weird, you don't really know how to respond to that do you. And I just knew it was the last time I was going to see her, she was telling me with her eyes. It always amazes me though, the pattern of life and death...here you are carrying a boy and your Grandpa is close to leaving. (hope that is not offensive to anyone, I actually find it comforting in a way)

Lucysmama- WTG, it must feel liberating to have finally told your landlords that you are moving! Best of luck with the move and transition, I am sure it will be fine! Just remember, your baby doesn't really care what the state of the house is when it's born...and I am sure you will put the nesting urges into good use!

I am sorta with Bluehalo, I can't wait and am excited but at the same time I am in no big rush :LOL Funny, my cousin was over yesterday with her 2 month old baby girl and I was holding her and I actually had the cliche though "oh yeah, I will be doing this soon!" I really feel that Oakley will be born towards the first half or middle of Oct, not the last two weeks (don't ask why ) so I am thinking that he'll be here in around 10 weeks which seems crazy when you flip it around and think how fast the first 10 weeks of pregnancy went! That would actually be a fun thing to do, if someone (Piglet) wanted to organize and keep track of our guestimates of when we think that we'll have our babies, don't ya think?

Amy :LOL I feel like I ought to congratulate you And speaking of which, Ina May Gaskin says something in her book (Guide to Childbirth) about never seeing any woman who is sexually active during her pregnancy going over...makes me wonder. I have definately been having more sex this time than last time and informed Dh last night that I want it frequently from now to the end (poor guy hey ) so we shall see if it holds true.

Hey, looks like we got some new icons! This one is for Mandi
Old 08-02-2004, 03:23 PM

Mirthful Your grandads awesome attitude brought tears to my eyes! I know it's hard, but it's beautiful at the same time.

my boobys are pretty much the same 'ole boobies. Maybe a little bigger, and my nipples are mamouth and dark. A friend of mine who is a LLL leader told me she recently watched a film promoting the philosophy that the linea negra and darkening of the nipples is to help the new babe find it's yum yums. She said in the film a just birthed baby was laid on mums tum and wiggled it's way up her dark linea to her nipples and started nursing! Just beautiful.

I am NOT ready for this pregnancy to be over. It's gone way too fast, and way too much is going on. I've had a super stressful weekend, alot of crap going down I don't even want to get into. (Step MIL issues) What a nightmare! If she implies one more time that my hubby is an idiot infront of my ds, or uses one more racist coment (never has infront of ds, or she'd be out the door) I'm going to tell her off (again), and I really don't need the confrontation. How can someone be so ignorant? uh.. I don't even want to get into it...

I'm lighting candles tonight for blessings, judging by the previos posts I'll light one for Mirthful, and mtnjen, and myself and lucysmama for our house drama, but anyone else in need of some good vibe's lemme know! I know I need the tranquility and peace the light of a candle brings me, and I need also to share that!
Old 08-02-2004, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Argh! I'm so ticked off....just found out my GD test was "borderline" so now I have to do the 3 hour test. Yuck. What a royal waste of time. I know I don't have GD...Seems I've failed all my tests this PG, only to have them all turn out okay in the end. Makes me even more convinced that this is my last, lol!

mirthfulmum: sorry to hear about your Gpa. Mine passed away a couple of years ago and was the same as yours - he was 94 and told me many times he was tired and wanted to "go". like oakember said: what on earth do you say in response to that? anyways, his passing was quick and peaceful.

mtnjenny: I don't envy you the visitors. what is it with people who just don't "get" this special time? try to remember to put yourself first...this is a unique time in your life and you don't want to be stressed out!

lucysmama: I'm surprised you even gave them the courtesy of 30 days' notice, but then suppose your new place won't be ready until then anyways. I share your pain. I've begun apartment hunting in earnest but it's not easy when you are 3000 miles away. There is one area of town where we could rent "sight unseen" b/c they are basically all new condos and all the same (Yaletown for those familiar). But where we really want to live (West End) there is more variation and I'd want to see the place first. But I won't be in town until at least the 24th, leaving it very short time to find a place. We're thinking maybe doing a short term (one month) rental and looking for a longer term rental for Oct 1. But that means moving twice AND so close to my due date! Ugh, I'll feel alot better when this is settled!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 08-02-2004, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
AAARRRRGGG I hate my Dh's laptop-this is my 5th try to get this done and it keeps deleting
We are finally in Washington!!! YIPPEE
Better hit send before I'm swearing in front of the kids
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:13 PM

LOL Amie...DH was quite excited let me tell you!! :LOL He probably received high 5's at work this morning....And in reference to Ina May, we were active esp towards the end (bc I did NOT want to be late) and I went into labor on my due date with DS born the next morning.

I think it would be fun to make our birth predictions and see what is right!! (We could guess when and gender and how long labor will be.....)

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 08-02-2004, 04:22 PM

Hi everyone. QOTW: I'm glad you brought this up! I've been wondering if I'm some kind of freak. I'm in the same boat as Mandi. Big and leaky. The other day I was blowing my nose and something squirted out of my nipple onto my arm! (I was getting ready to get in the shower - I don't just walk around topless! :LOL )

I'm a 32C prepregnancy, and have long outgrown the 34D bras I bought around 13 weeks. I'm now wearing stretchy sports bras exclusively. I had no idea how much bigger I'm going to get so I didn't buy any new bras after outgrowing the last ones.

When do we buy nursing bras? How do you know what size to get?

Since someone brought up sex, I'll comment on that, too. I have not been in the mood since early in the first trimester. Poor DH. But the last two nights I've been having some pretty wild dreams, so maybe we should give it another try. I'm a little anxious about the whole post-partum recovery time. I'm guessing after the baby I won't be in the mood for a long time, being tired, etc. So we'd better get it on now while we still can! :LOL
Old 08-02-2004, 04:52 PM

hello! i'm late posting today, so i'm not going to try and respoond to everyone for fear of forgetting anyone...

QOTW: my boobs never really change all that much...i was nursing when i got pg so i'm sure that has something to do with it. my nipples/areola are really dark and my nipples are super sensitive still, but for some strange reason, they are still an important of certain imtimate times... even tho they are so sensitive... go figure. also, i have *never* been able to express colostrum with any of my pregnancies, but always have plenty of milk for baby.

gonna go for now...hope you all feeling well.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:13 PM

Just woke up from a nap and had a totally weird dream and in it I gave birth to a baby girl. I've been thinking this is a boy but the past day or so I started thinking maybe not. ANyway, I had and we had her laying on some piece of furniture when I was like, oh what did we have? So I pick her up and look straight at her crotch and go "it's a girl!" and DH was like, "wow oh yeah". LOL. Then I called my mom and no one else. Then I went out for a walk with DS and left the baby who knows where? A couple hours later I was like, oh shoot I should call my dad too. During that time my mom had already taken the baby out somewhere (and she hadn't called dad yet either). It was very bizarre. Oh and my dog was Benji, like from the movies LOL. THought I'd add that DH started calling the baby some crazy name like Shahanaeela, and I was like no we were going to name her Lillian, remember? :LOL

Old 08-02-2004, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

I'd be happy to keep track of predictions if anybody wants to share!

Ann: glad you made it to WA okay. welcome to the PNW! (i'll be joining you shortly, lol)

gottaknit: a good bra consultant should be able to fit you now. I went to the Motherwear Store and was measured by a woman there who calculated what my bust size would be after PG. I think I was about 7 months PG at the time. She predicted a 36DD. For someone who had never been more than modest B her whole life...that was pretty amazing! Anyways, I bought a couple of Bravado nursing bras and they worked just fine.

Old 08-02-2004, 09:03 PM

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well! Our weekend was really nice. I overdid it at bit on Saturday so make a point of resting a lot Sunday.

Today's highlight has been consuming an entire burrito over the course of the last 5 hours. That may not sound like much, but the burrito was so big I could barely lift the thing. Seriously, it was probably enough to feed at least 4 people... it must have weighed about 5 pounds.

Also, a couple nights ago I dreamt about our October mamas group! Pretty ridiculous, I dreamt we were all pregnant as we are, and we all meeting up for a ski trip. Everyone was on skis except for me who was the only one who not skiing due to pregnancy. Bizarre. It was really nice to meet everyone in (dreamy) person though!

QOTW: my boobs have grown from an A cup to a full B cup. Yep, I'm enormous. I like how they look and it's fun to actually have cleavage for a change, but they aren't as fun as they used to be. I really don't like having the nipples touched and I used to enjoy boob play much more. Then again, my sex drive is still way below normal, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say I used to enjoy all aspects of sex more. As for the functionality of my breasts, around week 18 I started being able to express some clear, tear drop type liquid from my nipples. It is a bit more plentiful now, and maybe slightly less clear, but certainly not thick or yellow as I understand colostrum to be. I haven't leaked anything either, not even during sex... it only comes out if I hand squeeze it, and amusingly only if I'm not cold. My chest is also very vascular. I'm quite pale and now you can see a web of blue veins beneath my skin across my breasts.

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
Old 08-02-2004, 09:31 PM

Alias is watching the Wiggles so I have a few minutes.

I am sooo pooped. I just spent 45 fruitless minutes walking Alias in the stroller to get him to nap but he spent the entire time chatting to himself and introducing himself to an imaginary person who seemed to be living in the stroller's canopy. It would've been very cute had I not been so hot and sweaty and thirsty and just plain desperate for him to nap. So I'm back home, with a tired but awake 2 year old. And to keep myslef from really loosing it I put on a Wiggles DVD that we rented and have come to get a little alone time on the computer.

Thnks everyone for your warm wishes and thoughts. It is hard to watch someone nearing the end of their life. But, as Amie pointed out, it is comforting to have some sort of circle being created in that grandpa is nearing the ned of his life and my new son will be begining his soon.

Ann - Hooray you made it! Welcome to the PNW!

Piglet - Sorry to hear about your stupid GD test. It's sounds so frustrating having to take these tests knowing full well what the outcome will be.

QOTW: Well I'm normally on the small size, 34B. And when Alias was born I blossomed up to a 36C. It was really nice to have somewhat of a voluptuous figure for a while. I haven't reached my buxom 36C size yet but I think that after Harrison is born and my milk comes in I'll have those nice large firms breasts again. I have noticed that my breasts have firmed up once again and have more shape to them than they did a few months ago. My nipples, like last time, are huge and dark. And like flitters, I too have the web pattern of blue veins acorss my chest. Just part of the fun of being super pale I guess. As for cholostrum... I haven't leaked any but I can express a drop or two. It was the same way when pregnant with Alias, I never leaked cholostrum. But soon after he was born I had plenty of milk, I guess you could say I'm one of those super producers, so I'm not worried about my milk supply for Harrison. I don't think the amount of leaking you expereince pre-pregnancy is an accurate indicator of your milk production.

Birth Prediction: Okay I'll go first with my predictions (gosh I really hope I'm not jinxing myself). I think that Harrison is going to be born the last week of September. And that it'll be a very short labour, around 8 hours.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:52 PM

Hey everybody, happy August!

Welcome to the PNW Ann!

QOTW: Once the milk dried up they were small again for a while, but now seem to be getting a bit fuller. I seem to have colostrum now, kinda clear w/ a tinge of yellow. With my first I was leaking colostrum all the time, now not at all, cause I still have a little nurser.

For some reason I'm feeling really good lately, and I'll probably jinx it by saying so. The temp is back down in the 70's (F) again so that probably has a lot to do w/ it. I've been taking pretty easy since Logan was sick last week. Maybe taking care of him, distracted me from thinking about me. Also, I stopped gorging myself w/ food, and I feel so much healthier and less bloated, imagine that. I find myself thinking, "Yeah, I can go a couple more months, there's still some room left." I'm really enjoying sleeping 9 hours at night though, and I guess I'm not in a rush to be on a newborn schedule again. It's really difficult for me to adjust to new sleeping patterns.

Speaking of sex (probably TMI), but my it's been nice around here. Maybe that's why I'm in a good mood. It's only once a week, but I must say I still love it.

true- I have strange dreams like that all the time. And I'm always leaving the baby somewhere and forgetting where.

mirthfulmum- I agree that your g.pa's attitude is so beautiful and probably comforting for your family. I know it must be a very difficult time for you though.

Oh yeah, and was it you Momadance who mentioned "Memoirs of Geisha"? I just finished it yesterday and was sobbing. I was weepy all day. What a great book, it's still lingering in my thoughts. I totally get what you were saying now.

I just checked out Ina May's guide... and so far I'm loving it. I'm so excited about birthing at home.

My prediction for this baby's b.day involves an 8. like, either Oct 18 or the 28th.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

Old 08-02-2004, 11:22 PM

Sex??? I hardly remember what that was like. We have done it ONE TIME during this pregnancy. We wanted to avoid it in the first trimester cause of my prior losses, and then I felt like it one time in the 5th or so month.

Now, we just have no place to do it. Dd is in our bed, and I cannot face the idea of doing it on the floor. I am too big and uncomfortable. Our couch is not good for lovedancin', either. What do you bedsharing preggo mamas do??? Dh used to be fine with having sex quietly in the same room as dd, but not anymore, he says she's "too old."

I really wanna start having sex again, both for fun, and for getting things ready! When I was pregnant with dd, we were doing it 3x a week in the last month to help get things ripened. (Though I have to admit, in weeks 39-41, it wasn't all that enjoyable. I felt like I was "Taking one for the team." :LOL) Plus, it would be nice to reconnect with dh in that way before the intimacy of birth.

So, where do you bedsharers have sex???
Old 08-02-2004, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Lucysmama: we wait until DD gets up in the morning to watch cartoons, then we sneak in a quicky, lol. We have also done it on the sofa after she's gone to bed.

Mirthfulmum: I can so relate to the not napping when you need them to thing!

The dreams: yeah, I sometime have the same dream - that the baby was born and I forgot and left it somewhere. It's really horrible!!

Okay, time for bed. Spending too much time gabbing with my mamas!!

Old 08-03-2004, 12:03 AM

Maybe we're bad, but we always just did it in bed with DS there. As long as he was staying asleep of course!!! There have been plenty of times we were unable to finish due to our restless sleeper! It got a little easier once we started putting him down on his toddler bed (sidecarred to our bed, so an extension of the bed) since it gave more "barrier" space.

Oh and on the dream thing...one time I dreamed I had a baby girl and I didn't see her for a few hours (I guess I forgot I'd just given birth to her?) and DH came back with her, about 3 hours old, and had gotten her ears pierced! I was furious!!

Old 08-03-2004, 12:24 AM

Amy, don't feel bad! I am fine with having sex in our bed (we have a queen and twin pushed together) as long as dd is waaay over on the other side. Dh thinks it is weird now, and is afraid she would wake up and watch us or something.... I keep telling him that cave men didn't go into a seperate cave from their kids after they fell asleep, but he still won't do it.

I have been having weird dreams, too. I dreamt I had a girl, and then promptly dressed her all in blue and told everyone it was a boy. I also have dreams about losing the baby somewhere. I think it's to prepare you for motherhood, that dream. Like, to let you experience the hell of losing your kid somewhere in your dreams so you know to pay attention in life and never let that happen.

Piglet - put my guess down for a girl, born on October 8th, after 16 hours of labor. That's just what popped into my mind.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:54 AM

Great idea on predicting the arrival of our babies. I have a feeling about the Oct. 18nth and am hoping for a short easy labor With Collin I prayed that I would have him a week early and I did--right to the day. Aidan was a scheduled c-sec so I didn't have any feeling with him. With Sammy I had a feeling about April 4th, and sure enough that is his birthday. Anyways I have been pretty accurate but I am not putting my hopes into any day. I don't want to jinx myself as well--just want to leave it all in God's hands.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:30 AM

Well, we rent a little 3 bedroom house, and all 3 rooms have a bed of some sort. Usually, it's the queen bed in the "guest room" for us. Logan goes back and forth between sleeping with us and sleeping in his bed. Right now he's back with us, because that's where the air conditioner is. I don't think I could enjoy myself with Logan in the same room. I'd be panicking that he would wake up. It was different when he was a little baby.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

Old 08-03-2004, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

29 weeks, 1 day

Can I just say my crotch is KILLING me! Every time I get up from sitting for a while, my crotch really hurts. I know Sasha is really low, and I'm guessing there's some blood buildup or something. Anyways, I'm tired of walking around like I just had a 4 day honeymoon, if you get my drift, lol. Is the old tale that boys carry low? Well, this guy is definitely LOW. Last night I was feeling kicks (well, from his hands) practically at my pubic bone. I can't believe how low down he is! I don't recall DD being that way until the very end when her head began to engage (and then it was more like having a basketball between my legs).

So there's my complaint for the day.

I added the predictions, and will do so for anyone else who cares to hazard a guess. I have no such intuition. If baby doesn't come early (and I hope he doesn't!), he will be born on his scheduled date, which I'm guessing will be around the 11th or 12th depending on the OB's schedule, since they usually do it at week 39.

Old 08-03-2004, 12:23 PM

Oh Piglet I KNOW exactly the pain you are feeling. This little guy is really low as well. I feel hiccups in my vagina all the time and the other day if felt like his head was close to engaging--kinda scared me. Thankfully its not all the time though or my mood for sex would be out the window and I don't want that to happen!

User Tag List