Week of August 9th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-12-2004, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nancy -- you should talk with your new mw if you have one chosen about your contractions. More than 4-5 "braxton-hicks" within an hour are preterm labor, not braxton hicks. Preterm labor does not have to hurt, nor does it have to feel like textbook labor contractions. I have learned this the hard way!! When this happens, you need to lie down right away, and drink a bunch of water in case you are dehydrated. Rest until the contractions go away. Call your care provider. If you are drinking RRL tea, STOP. My mw does not want me to have any until 35-36 weeks bc of my preterm labor. please be careful!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2004, 04:39 PM

I've been posting so infrequently that I'm afraid I'm becoming a lurker! I check this board daily since finding just a minute or two to quickly read new posts isn't all that difficult, but don't get around to posting all that often since I rarely have more than just a couple of minutes! I don't often find myself with the 15-30 minutes or so it will take me to actually compose my own post...

QOTW: I guess you could sort of say that nesting has begun. Our household has been somewhat disorganized since my husband and I first bought this house and moved in together. We've always made attempts at getting things more under control with varied degrees of success. Things finally seem to be falling into place- kitchen cabinets finally organized, gargage half-way cleaned out, etc- mainly because we now have something to motivate us! The house is also looking better everyday because I've finally given up on my idealistic hopes of DH and I splitting housework 50/50. It isn't that my husband is jerk- quite the opposite in fact- but I've finally realized that if I want the floors swept and mopped or the bathtubs scrubbed that it isn't going to happen if I wait around for him to do it. Those things just aren't on his priority list, KWIM?

Physically, I'm feeling great. I honestly don't feel hardly any different now than I did before I got pregnant. People tend to have a hard time believing that I'm actually 8 months pregnant since I'm really not all that big yet. I've only gained about 10-12 pounds so far and even though my midwife doesn't seem overly concerned, she still said that she'd like to see me try to gain at least another 10 pounds or so...

I'm also guilty of eating a bunch of crap lately! In addition to working full-time, I've also been taking classes three nights a week which makes it hard to make a decent dinner or get to the grocery store. Thankfully my classes ended yesterday so I hope to be able to spend more time making the type of things I OUGHT to be eating!

Also glad to hear that I'm not the only one who isn't so great about remembering to take her prenatals and other supplements...eases my guilt a bit...

I've also been curious as to what Braxton-Hicks feel like. So, I took Katie's advice from a couple of days ago and had an orgasm... Afterwards, I didn't really feel any noticable tightening or anything, although my uterus felt pretty firm when I felt around on my belly...

Like AmeliaBedelia, I just don't think that I'm very sensitive to those things. I was worried for a while because I rarely felt the baby move but one night as my husband and I were laying on the couch he had his hands on my belly. After a couple of minutes he said, "Wow, are you making your stomach do that or is it the baby?" I didn't know what he meant so I put my hands on my stomach and sure enough, he was kicking up a storm but I couldn't feel a thing! Since then there have been several occasions where he's moving so much that my stomach is changing shapes, but I still barely feel it...

Yikes..this has already taken me about 40 minutes to write and someone is at the door! I need to learn to type faster!

Gotta run...
Old 08-12-2004, 04:49 PM

Nancy, I'm so glad you're getting a new midwife. I'm sure you'll be much happier. I too was wondering if it would be Pam. I didn't know until recently that she delivered in Portland, or I probably would've called her too. I adore the midwife I have now though. So what were you doing when those contractions hit? Just curious if there is a correlation. I hope it's nothing.

Letia - you crack me up with all your diaper talk, I really don't know what half of the abbreviations stand for. And your moonpie request - you sound like my husband...he's got a soft spot for moonpies. Hope ya got one! Oh, and I'm measuring a week bigger also...and I don't have two in here. I think it's pretty normal to fall w/ in a range of 1-2 wks big or small, just cause every baby is different.

I also wanted to answer bluehalo's question about fluff- I don't know if it's considered fluff, but I just got my hotsling in the mail the other day and it's so beautiful. It's an oriental pattern, w/ cherry blossoms and chinese characters on a black background. I love it. I just hope it fits after I have this baby. It's sorta hard to tell now with this big ole belly. I did measure myself along time ago, so I *think* the size is right.
And I do have a short list of stuff I need for the baby (and for the homebirth), but I am putting off actually writing it down. Last pregnancy when I wrote out lists, it seemed to make time stand still. I want to wait till late Sept to buy all the little things I need like breastpads, etc. I really cant wait though! 10 wks feels like eternity right now.

We're off to the park!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

Old 08-12-2004, 05:10 PM

Sure you can call your sling flluff! Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh....I thought she was goin on babymooon soon! I wanna see a pic of that one! My friend sent me two of them.

I wasn't sure if the non Southerners had any idea about a moonpie. I haven't have one in a while...maybe first tri? Yep, I think or second...I can leave the RC cola...all make for a southern treat.

Dh came out before I headed back to bed and he killed a bug I was sprayin to death with our $$$ natural bug spray and I told him while he was up.....he didn't bite. He went back to bed....had to settle for bagels later at LLL and coffee cake.

They are trippin at church...I have twins...its a big baby.....even Pastor keeps talkin twins....

I need a nap....I guess the adrenaline of a potential but lost score has worn off.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:21 PM

oooh, thanks for the "findgift" tip ... I'm having fun registering all over the internet

Letia, you're making me hungry. I don't even know what a moonpie is, but I think I want one :LOL
Old 08-12-2004, 05:28 PM

www.moonpie.com Speaking of more crap...:
Old 08-12-2004, 05:35 PM

:LOL Letia, you crack me up. I was assuming a moonpie was some new hyena diaper I hadn't heard of! Be careful with that diaper forum - it'll suck the life (and money!) right out of you until you are nothing but a crazed, in-debt hyena! :LOL

I was at work yesterday when I was having all those BH. I was busy but not particularly stressed or tired. But when I got home I realized I was exhausted and just collapsed. I feel fine now. I talked to my mom and she said if I start having them again to just go home and go to bed.

We haven't actually hired the nameless new midwife yet, we're just meeting her to see if it's a good fit. Of course, I know it is already, and she's available if we want her, so... I also haven't "fired" my old midwife yet. Wanted to wait until I have an official Plan B.

LLL was lots of fun. There was a new mother there with her 12 day old baby. She looked absolutely dazed but happy. I wasn't sure if she was still on some kind of endorphin high or if she was just completely sleep deprived.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:38 PM

Alright, when you said you were 8 months pregnant, FutureMama, that made me think, "how far along AM I???" I'm always confused about how to respond to "how far along are you?"

The way I think about it is: I'm 31 weeks, leaving 9 weeks, right? So that's a little over 2 months left, so I'm almost 7 months pregnant??? Is that what all of you tell everyone? (7 months pregnant means I'm starting my 8 month, like my age?)
Old 08-12-2004, 07:05 PM

Mandi,

I've just been going by the dates in my Dr. Sears "Baby Book..."

six months= 21-25 weeks
seven months= 26-29 weeks
eight months= 30-33 weeks
nine months= 34-40 weeks

Whew, that ninth month sure is a long one, isn't it? But anyhow, I also don't always know how far along to tell people that I am. Sometimes I say seven because I don't want to confuse folks, other times I say eight. It just kinda depends on who's asking!

Wow- two posts for me in one day! That's gotta be a record...
Old 08-12-2004, 07:25 PM

I just say I have 8 weeks left to go. The months thing has always been too confusing for me!
Old 08-12-2004, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone!

My GD test was much better than I thought. I was very hungry when I arrived at 7:30 am, then was quite upset to discover I had to down the whole bottle of that yucky orange soda pop. But it did seem to quench the hunger pangs, and I made it through the whole 3 hours without much discomfort. I bought a banana-nut muffin and a chocolate croissant as soon as I left the lab, lol.

I got my last bit of fluff today: just some prefolds to use as backup. and a spare diaper pail liner. no more USA diapers for me, the cost of cross-border shipping is too much. i'm gonna go visit Jesse of Luxe Baby when i get home (she lives close by) and pick up some breast pads. maybe get a couple more diapers from her. otherwise i've really spent all i can justify!

amelia: I so feel your situation. we have the apartment, but no job yet. the company dh is interviewing with is very small and they aren't good on calling back, but they seem interested still. that's the last peice of our puzzle that needs to fit in place for me to relax. Dh did call his FIL though, and asked for a loan to tide us over. it was a big deal b/c in the past he and his dad have not had a close relationship. since i got PG, FIL has been much more involved. personally, i really like him, he's a sweetie. so DH was nervous about asking him for help, he never ever has before. Apparently FIL was super sweet about it. so that's a relief!

who asked about protein? I'm so bad with that. all i can say is THANK GOODNESS FOR PEANUT BUTTER. although DH read my mind last night and made a stir fry with lamb. we rarely eat meat but i was really craving it. i told him if he hadn't made a meat dinner I would have been 'forced' to go to McD for a hamburger, lol.

well, i really should get going home now. been away for a long time!! got here at 7:30 for my test and i'm still here at 6 pm!! i deserve to sleep in tomorrow i think, lol.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 08-12-2004, 08:24 PM

you know, people don't seem to ask me how far along i am, just when the baby is due...if they do ask how far along i am, i never say in months, i always tell them how many weeks i am...i guess, b/c of being an OB nurse, that is the only we refer to a pregnant woman, in terms of how many weeks she is, not months...plus i really don't get the whole months thing either...weeks is just way easier...:LOL

Piglet....hope your dh hears from the company soon...and glad FIL was nice about the loan thing.

well, i'll be MIA till sometime on Sunday...we are heading out to go camping tonight. looking forward to it...i just hope the boys are easy to get along with...as far as getting along with each other, listening to mommy and daddy...that sort of thing...sometimes (ok, a lot of the time...) it seems we are always having to get after them for one thing or another and it really puts a damper on things, ya know? anyway, hope you all have a great weekend!!
Old 08-12-2004, 10:06 PM

Resident preterm laborer here. How has everyone else's day been?

Just got back from the midwfe an hour or so ago. I had contractions again this evening, every 2-3 minutes for a couple hours overall. Luckily, no cervical changes. MW gave me some antibiotics for the uti (which is not officially diagnosed yet; the lab screwed up my last test so I have to go back tomorrow) to be safe, and some brethine in case I need it. Things slowed down luckily. This is just so aggravating, I am so ready for normal life again!!! I cannot wait for Oct 6, the day I turn 37 weeks, bc then it means I can start willing this baby out already, instead of trying to keep it in. I am 1cm, 50% effaced, and 0 station, which should at least speed things along when the time comes. Ok gonna go get DS to bed. Just wanted to share so some good vibes and prayers can be sent on over here!!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 08-12-2004, 10:10 PM

((amy)) hope your uterus calms down! stay put baby!! Keep us posted, I'll be thinking of you!
Old 08-12-2004, 10:57 PM

Hey everyone!!!

Amy - So sorry you are going thru this again!!! That must be so frustrating for you! How is your ds doing with having you taking it so easy?

Piglet - glad the GD test went well! When do you get the results?

Letia - there you are!!! Were you abandoning us for the other hyenas??? :LOL I'm trying to stay outta Diapering Forum cause I have no money right now cause of all this with dh. I don't wanna be led into temptation!

Dh and I went to our therapist today. She's an Imago Therapist, so we are learning that method of communicating. Today went pretty well, I think. I like the doc a bit better.

I also had a prenatal...BP was 100/60, baby is still in the Optimal Fetal Position, heart was in the 150s, weight estimate around 3-4lbs. Everything going so well! I see my MW again in 3 weeks, and I get my tub soon too from her! This is going so fast!

My only issue is anemia. I told her about feeling constantly tired, and we decided to check my iron level. Turns out, I am a 9.5, which is considered "clinically anemic". No wonder I feel so run-down. (That, and stress.) So, I will be eating a lot more meat, and taking chlorophyll to try to get my numbers up. As it is, I feel like sleeping all day and all night.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:10 PM

Amy I am sending you lots of baby vibes!

Courtney that sling you bought sounds gorgeous! You should post a pic of it on the yahoo site, although I am sure that a pic wouldn't do it justice.

Jillerina :LOL when I read your birth prediction I was like...hey that's mine too! Only I wasn't as gutsy as you to just narrow it down to one day like that so I said the 6-10th...really makes me wonder about Oct. though, will we have clusters of births or some everyday...geez I have way to much time on my hands if this is the stuff I think about

Dh has an interview tomorrow and so I could use some $$$ vibes...we are sure they are very interested in him, and it would be really nice for him to work where we live and not commute, but we really need to make more than what they are offering (we only know what they are offering during the training stage). Do you think that our minds put together could make it possible for them to be willing to pay at least $5.00 an hour more?:LOL Let's test the power of positive thoughts, hehe

Oh I meant to say since I was one of the ones that mentioned the BH and feeling like it was the baby pressing against me...it does feel like that, but it's more the combination of that and the shortness of breath, hope that helps.

As to buying fluff...I am still waiting to make some purchases at least a little longer so the credit card bill will come after I have started to make a bit of money in Sept. There's still some diapers and accesories that I have on my mind :LOL
Old 08-12-2004, 11:23 PM

Amy - hoping everything is going well for you tonight!

Katie - glad to hear that your therapist might be a good one after all.

Piglet - glad the GD test wasn't too uncomfortable for you!

Letia - LOL! I was wondering what moonpies were too!

My sweet hubby went out this morning and got me some orajel. We searched the net to make sure it was safe to use when pregnant and it seems that it is and now I feel soooooooooooooo much better! I felt bad taking so much tylenol, but it got to the point where I would take 2 extra strength tylenol and I would get almost no relief at all. I hadn't slept in 2 days. Today I napped for hours (and my kids watched way too much tv) Now I feel almost normal except for the swelling. Tomorrow I finally get to see the dentist. I'm a little annoyed that it took 3 days to get an appointment. Hopefully the antibiotics will start to work quickly since we are supposed to be going on a week long camping trip starting next wednesday!
I'm so looking forward to getting away for a few days. I don't think I'll be up for the longer hikes this year though. I'm also getting that rib and mid back pain, owie! So it will be some short hikes and a lot of playing beached whale for me this year, lol!

My prediction - My due date, October 4th (my midwife actually figured Oct.8, but I say the 4th therefore that is my due date, lol!) I see a very short labour, and I think it will be a girl.

I'm starting to think about putting together my homebirth box. My midwife gave us a list of thigs to have for the birth, ya know, old sheets, water proof cover for bed, extra garbage bags, old cloths and towels, etc. It's less than a month to go until we get a home visit from our midwife to go over our supplies and stuff. It's so exciting!!!

Kathy

kathy::
Old 08-13-2004, 12:57 AM

Got our computer back today and all fixed and runnin' smooth. Nice to be back and keepin touch with you all

Amy..I will be praying for you. Hope things calm down at least for a few more weeks.

3boyz4us...Hope you have a fun time camping and at the fair. Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Letia..the moonpies look yummy

Piglet...praying that you here soon on the job situation.

OakEmber...praying that all your needs get met so that dh can work close by.

Well it has been an alright week here, except for my sil who needs help. She gets mad and wacky if my world doesn't revolve around her. Don't know what to do but keep my distance, which is painful because I adore my brother and when she gets like this I have no contact with him.

Anyways I just wanted to touch base with everyone.

Tata for now
Old 08-13-2004, 05:12 AM

Amy- sending good vibes your way, hope things stay calm in your uterus! I know what you mean about wanting to get back to normal again.

Also sending out good job vibes for all those dh's who need it. Hopefully everything will fall into place so you can relax and focus on the birth.

Oh, and I know what a moonpie is cause I was born and raised in the South. We've found 'em here in Oregon too though.

I put a picture of my sling on the yahoo group. The hotslings lady is indeed babymooning right now, but her instock is still open.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

Old 08-13-2004, 02:27 PM

30 Weeks!!!

Good morning, ladies - I hope all is going well. I'm sending good job / housing / relationship / tooth / energy vibes to everyone out there...

QOTW: Gosh - I wish I could find the time to fulfill my nesting instincts. I've actually gone the opposite direction of my normal tendencies - I'm normally very neat / clean (although not a freak) but lately it just hasn't seemed as important as - say - speding quality time with my DW. (Work has been particularly busy lately - I'm traveling to Seattle during the week, etc. so we're trying to put our bonding in the forefront.)

This week we had 4 houseguests arrive; our daughter (22) and her roommate, DW's twin sister and our neice. Today we're heading to the Oregon Coast and then to Seattle on Sunday. While the rest of the gang gets to play in Seattle, I'll have to work, but it will be wonderful having them there with me in the evenings. (Now if only I could get past the guilt of letting things slip through the cracks at work...)

OK - so Futuremomma - I am *SO* jealous. I am completely the opposite - I often feel incredibly uncomfortable. I have a relatively short torso, so my entire collection of organs that normally lives below my belly button are up around my rib cage. ugh. I have *got* to get back to prenatal yoga so I can start re-gaining some mobility! Enough complaining!!!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Old 08-13-2004, 03:18 PM

Happy Friday everyone

I actually woke up with a bit of energy today ... got our bathroom thoroughly cleaned and am making a dent in the laundry. Finished up another soaker. After all the productivity, I'm ready to sit on my butt for the rest of the day *lol*.

I put the Kangaroo Korner fleece pouches that I want for myself and DH on our "findgift" list ... I guess there's a chance someone might buy them for us, right? They're kinda pricey, but what the heck. Can't hurt to put it up there.

Who has "winter baby" experience? Ethan was born in May, so I've never done this cold weather newborn thing before. Like, I'm wondering if we need a fleece bunting, a fleece car seat cover thingie, or both?? Anything else I need to know? Anyone else as clueless as I am? *lol* I just remember Ethan spending so much time as a newborn and tiny baby in nothing but a tshirt and diaper, and obviously that won't be the case with this new one. And socks/booties ... guess I need to find some that actually stay on, huh? *lol*

Oh well, just babbling... Hope everyone's having a great friday!
Old 08-13-2004, 03:44 PM

I was wondering about that....well, right now if I wanted a hotsling, it would be based on the availablity of her instock...not sure how KK works..

Kristi offers gift certificates so I could put *those* online. For dipes, I put AMEX gift certificates that I could use at any WAHM store, since not all have gift certificates. That's the best solution I could think of.

K, bbl?
Old 08-13-2004, 04:18 PM

Bluehalo- this will be my second winter baby. We did have one of those carseat covers, not the fancy Kokoon type but just a quilted one with a peekabo window. I found that that, with just a blanket underneath was plenty warm enough...Ember was a really warm baby anyway, she couldn't even wear the cute polar fleece sleeper she had, she'd overheat in it (and she still refuses to sleep with covers, even while camping :LOL). Really, the cover was handy to just keep the blanket from falling off her as we walked to the car...I do like those Kokoons but fear that they'd be too warm, as it was we'd take off the cover once the vehicle was warmed up. So that's my $0.02 for what it's worth. I'd highly recommend a pair of Robeez to keep little feet warm.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:25 PM

I just posted some pics on the yahoo site from our 4D u/s we had this morning. And just as our luck would have it, little boo wasn't the most cooperative baby. Baby was covering it's face with both arms most of the time, with its right leg up near it's head, and the umbilical cord floating in front of its mouth. The tech did a lot of poking, and I was flipping from side to side, even stood up and stretched, hoping to jostle babe into a better position, but no go. We did finally get a few of the face, clear of any arms, but they still are not the best. But even though they are not the best, they are still soooo cool. you can tell that the babe will have DH's/Aidan's nose.

Tiem to put the kids down for some quiet time. I'll come back and answer the qotw in a bit.

Susan
Old 08-13-2004, 04:35 PM

I put the Kangaroo Korner fleece pouch on our registry, too. Actually, it's the only thing on our registry so far. It took forever for me to decide what color to get. I'm worried about the fleece being a lint magnet, so I chose heathered grey. With two cats and two dogs, pet hair gets everywhere in our house, so it works out better to just match my wardrobe to the animals. There are so many prettier colors available for the pouch though, it sucks to have to be swaddled in grey.

I went home and fell asleep last night at 7:30! It was great except that I woke up wide awake at 4 am. I've been trying to drink tons of water to keep the BH at bay. Now I'm peeing about five times an hour. Doesn't make for the most productive day at work.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and has something fun planned! We've got both John Kerry and George Bush in town today and the city is going to be a mess. Should be fun trying to get through downtown to get home.... (George Bush Sr. always referred to Portland as "Little Beruit" because of our love of protests) Wish I'd left town yesterday... I really don't need to get sprayed with pepper spray right now.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:41 PM

That sling is gorgeous!! OK, there's no way I'm getting a dark grey sling now.

Cute pictures, Soogie! The baby looks so squished in there. I wonder if it's cosy for them if they can't wait to get out and stretch?

So, Flitters, what's with the climbing picture? Please tell me that was before you were pregnant. Not that there's anything wrong with climbing, I'm just wondering, "Where's her belly?!?!"
Old 08-13-2004, 04:47 PM

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh : Was I *emailed* the yahoo group link by Oak Ember? Its not in my pms...what am I lookin for?
Old 08-13-2004, 04:58 PM

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm about to take a nap before it's too late and DS is up. I'm on the opposite coast but closely watching Hurricane Charley, we are under a tropical storm warning, which means lots of rain, hail, high winds, and risk of tornados. And DH, being the military man he is, has to be at his ship (someone has to keep the boat safe, and be available to rescue the nitwits who no doubt will think they are smarter than the storm ) so it will just be me and DS. It should be especially exciting if we lose power in the dark before bedtime!! At any rate, as long as these contractions stay spaced out I'll be content. I REALLY don't want to take any brethine, between the side effects for me of feeling anxious and heart palpitations and the possibility of cognitive issues for the baby (though that is from long-term use, from what I have read)....but I don't want the baby to come this weekend or anything either!! It's like I'm not too too concerned about the long-term well being of the baby physically if it were born soon, but I really want the baby to come home with me and not be in the hospital for 3 months, you know? I can live with giving up my homebirth and birthing in a hospital before 37 weeks as long as my baby gets to come home with me ASAP. But I'll stop complaining for now, overall I'm pretty positive about the whole thing, I swear. Just some nagging thoughts. Since I've just had 3 contractions in 10 minutes. Sh*t. Ok time for that nap!!!

Old 08-13-2004, 05:08 PM

Hannah was born in Nov., so I have some winter baby experience. We had a kakoon (sp?) cover for the car seat, and I found that to be perfect for the transfer between car and store (or house or wherever) and then into the sling. The fleece buntings were too bulky and warm for us, but we didn't spend much time outdoors during the cold, snowy time. So it was mostly running to and from the car. The kakoon cover was easy to open up and fold back once it was warm in the car, btw. And I actually kept the bottom half of the fleece liner on the car seat through the spring and summer (until we outgrew that car seat), as it kept the seat cool and I could cover the metal buckles so they didn't get burning hot from the sun.
I pretty much used those baby bags (buntings?) and soft cotton pj's for the first few months. A few onsies and t-shirts underneath. Hannah's feet were unusually large, so we had a hard time w/ socks. Used booties and then discovered robeez (and the like). Hmmm...what else? Basically, we had WAY too many clothes for a newborn and never got to wear even a fraction of them all. Even in cold months, a layer or two was fine for us, as she was either being held, swaddled in a blanket or in the sling.

Our LLL group did a fundraising garage sale today, and I've been up since 5 am, sorting, folding, smiling, selling...and I am soooo pooped now. Hope everyone has some wonderfully relaxing plans for the weekend and all our "owies" (physical and spiritual) start feeling better!
Old 08-13-2004, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Amy, I'll be thinking of you and sending you strong sticky vibes so that baby stays put!! You have every right to be concerned, don't think you are being negative!

Katie: well, I'm glad you have an Imago Therapist. Honestly the stuff has worked wonders for me and DH. When we were first engaged, we realized our communication skills sucked. We argued about all the stupid little things, and worried what would we do when things really were serious? We had some familiarity with it b/c my stepmum is an Imago Therapist, too. I'd read the book, we did some of the exercises...but going to see the counsellor really helped too. She did some of the "dialogues" with us, which made them go smoothly, and we were able to see how well they worked. It's hard to stick to the rules sometimes, and it takes practice, but we got better and better at it. We rarely ever fight anymore, and have been able to face a few challenges over the last while and come through closer than ever. I really hope you and DH get out of it what we did (by the way, is your therapist in Cleveland? ours was...she has a very strange name...if it's the same one as you have).

I also had a summer baby, and wonder about how to handle winter. Fortunately, we'll be in Vancouver where winters are mild (I didn't think they were until I moved to Ohio and Boston, lol). I have some wool blankets that we used for DD in the winter when in the car. They were nice because I could take them off easily when the car warmed up.

I'm kind of bummed that my little guy is gonna be in pants most of the time. I want to show off his gorgeous newborn diapers!! Maybe I could just put him in wooly kneesocks...whattaya think?

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

User Tag List